NEWS

sinner quality

• 3 Replies

living

• Omae
« on: <02-19-16/1700:53> »
i want to pick the corp. sin quality (negativ) for my new char. as i understand it, you r not hunted by the corp or anything else. the sinner quality is the prerequisit for qualites like "trust fund" etc.

the background story i want to play is: my parents worked at horizon and died young. but they leave me with a corp sin and a trust fund. so i life in a horizon building by day (out of the trust fund) and work in the night (or day) in the shadows to acomplish my goals. im a mage. a got a legal sin. so every encounter with law enforcement which doesnt catch me with blood on my hands should be easy (im a legal citizen and got no illegal items with me [restricted licences for foci can be bought legaly]). and i can travel through the country whithout shadow flights. if i get caught i get a huge problem (law enforcement got every detail on me and my trust fund etc is gone). but as long i dont get caught i can live my double life, in the security of a horizon building.

im i right? or not? what are the disadvanteges of such a corp sin? no one can tell if this is a fake sin or a real (for purpos of blackmail or J's avoiding me). what do i miss?

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-19-16/1732:59> »
First off, 20% of your run income vanishes into taxes to your corp. (It's pretty much assumed any runner with a legal SIN has some kind of money laundering scheme in place to pay their taxes).

Secondly, You'd basically be treated as having the negative quality Records on File (Run Faster P 158-159) with your parent corp.

Your SIN, and thus vital statistics, are part of the Global SIN registry meaning law enforcement around the world can check for matches against your records.

Although your corp may not be hunting you (as long as you don't do runs against them), rival corps may decide your a valid extraction target.

Then various RP elements of how much people may or may not hate megacorps in general, or your corp in particular.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <02-19-16/1746:20> »
Not everyone has your SIN. Every Horizon and its subsidiaries. They may or may not choose to share it. Usually queries from law enforcement are limited to is so and so a citizen of your corporation. They are not going to just hand off genetic/biometric information for something less than a class A felony and if you're one of their company men, not even than- unless it involves favors.

Horizon has no reason to give you up if your a shadowrunner- in fact if law enforcement comes asking about you for crimes x,y and z, Horizon now knows they have a citizen that they have leverage on who has the skills needed to do jobs they can't legally do. And who really wants a meagcorporation having leverage on you. (Hey guys I got a breakin to do but the pay is drek since I owe Horizon for not turning me into the cops-so are you in for basically nothing?)
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #3 on: <02-19-16/1754:09> »
First off, 20% of your run income vanishes into taxes to your corp. (It's pretty much assumed any runner with a legal SIN has some kind of money laundering scheme in place to pay their taxes).

Secondly, You'd basically be treated as having the negative quality Records on File (Run Faster P 158-159) with your parent corp.

Your SIN, and thus vital statistics, are part of the Global SIN registry meaning law enforcement around the world can check for matches against your records.

Although your corp may not be hunting you (as long as you don't do runs against them), rival corps may decide your a valid extraction target.

Then various RP elements of how much people may or may not hate megacorps in general, or your corp in particular.

To add to this:

IF you are ever found out to have a legal corp SIN by the shadow community, you are a pariah at best, and a hunted man at worst. The general line of thinking is "You live in the Ivory Towers, yet you're here slumming, thus you must be a plant/mole, or Law Enforcement."

Remember: IF you have a legal SIN, that means ALL your info, including Aura (for awakened) and genome are on file. Its not a question of getting caught, it's a question of leaving any viable evidence at the scene of a crime.

A Corp SIN: doesn't provide immunity to police. Corps have reputations to up hold, and consumer goods to sell..... Getting a reputation for allowing wanted criminals to hide on your property does not inspire sales. You ARE just a cog after all, not a VIP, elite member of the board of directors. (who would be protected, just by why they are!) 

This is a quality you should really hash out with your GM before you take it. Many people have such differing views of the pros and cons of this quality, it's a good idea to know what and how your GM will apply those pros/cons. Your GM may take a liberal view of the quality and everything is fine. Or, he could take a very harsh view of the quality, and the first drop of sweat of leave on a run, 'Mama Corp' comes kicking in the door to turn you into a 'protected asset'. (IE: Little bitch on a string)
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.