NEWS

FAQ clarification request: Missions play and Licenses

• 16 Replies

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
  • The Dragon Never Sleeps
« Reply #15 on: <03-02-16/1053:58> »
Licenses permit the licensee to perform or carry Restricted or Forbidden item X. Item X is not licensed.

Licenses are attached to SINs.

Mechanically I would treat unlicensed restricted/forbidden gear as a modifier on attempts to move through security checks. Countered with additional bribes etc.

Alternatives to being arrested and “character death” for unlicensed restricted/forbidden gear are, confiscation and fines, and denial of entry or passage. e.g. characters could proceed without the gear, or proceed with a fine.

We want to make it where 400 nuyen of license is a good investment towards countering the 400+ nuyen of “fines” the character may incur.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #16 on: <03-04-16/2015:09> »
Generally you CAN'T get licenses for forbidden stuff. At least not individual ownership licenses. It's labeled Forbidden for a reason.

Organizations can have licenses for Forbidden stuff, with individual members of that organization authorized to carry and operate the company owned equipment. Like you can't as a regular civilian own a Hellfire missile, but the military can, and authorise it's soldiers to use it.

No, there are no shadowrun teams with legitimate licenses for forbidden equipment. Best they can hope to do is pretend they are part of a group that does have legit access. "Hey, I am totally a member of Ares Firewatch. No, I can't tell you what I'm doing with this artillery piece. It's classified."

-k
« Last Edit: <03-04-16/2019:16> by KarmaInferno »