NEWS

The Needle's Eye is out

• 5 Replies

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« on: <05-29-24/2046:12> »
At least on pdf, on drivethrurpg.  I haven't looked for hard copy yet.  No preview page on strong yet

It is another campaign book, like Third Parallel or Whisper Nets.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <05-30-24/0434:21> »
Thanks Beta, definitely picking that one up!  Question though, why are the file sizes so damn big?!?!?
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #2 on: <05-30-24/0802:04> »
Aria: great question, that I also have -- I'm worried that my e-reader is going to run out of space soon, with how big all the newer pdfs are.  On the other hand, they seem to move between pages on the ereader better, so my guess is that they are using a lower compression setting or something like that, but purely a guess.

Now I'm kicking myself for not asking that on the AMA they did on Reddit a little while ago.

Maybe I'll make a new thread here, to ask, and see if anyone with connections can find out.

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <05-30-24/1149:50> »
This was asked of them on their 6th edition Facebook group recently, and the response could be boiled down to "we don't think size is an issue in this day and age".  My reading of it was that they weren't aware that their file sizes were an issue, and after being made aware of it, decided it still wasn't an issue.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #4 on: <05-31-24/0702:08> »
Hrm... Let me do some checking. I have Acrobat installed, so I was able to save and reduce the file size of Needle's Eye from 187 to 86, I'll check and see if there's something to be done.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #5 on: <06-03-24/0623:43> »
At least on pdf, on drivethrurpg.  I haven't looked for hard copy yet.  No preview page on strong yet

It is another campaign book, like Third Parallel or Whisper Nets.
They sold a significant bunch of hard copies at the UK Games Expo this past week. Technically it's not a campaign book, Final Bets will be. It explains the Grand Tour, has sections on Prague, Lisbon, London, and Paris, explains the various rich arses folks that are part of the Grand Tour, and then has a section on many different plots you could use with your players, involving these multi-billionaires their ongoing stories.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!