NEWS

Life modules a question

• 19 Replies

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <02-24-15/2002:44> »
I thought that was economics I'm sure I saw that as a skill somewhere in run faster.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <02-24-15/2105:21> »
I'd hate to see a definitive list of Knowledge skills--that's one of the places on the character sheet that the player's creativity really gets a chance to express itself.

All right then, I'll amend that to be that there needs to be a more comprehensive listing. Probably no way to make it completely definitive and comprehensive, but having more listed would go a long way toward clarifying the exact scope that a single Knowledge can cover.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <02-24-15/2116:48> »
I'd hate to see a definitive list of Knowledge skills--that's one of the places on the character sheet that the player's creativity really gets a chance to express itself.

All right then, I'll amend that to be that there needs to be a more comprehensive listing. Probably no way to make it completely definitive and comprehensive, but having more listed would go a long way toward clarifying the exact scope that a single Knowledge can cover.

My rule of thumb is that the more specific the skill, the lower the Threshold.  So someone might roll Mathematics versus a Threshold of 4 while someone else could roll Statistics versus a Threshold of 3 (or 2, or whatever).
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Lonewheels

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <02-25-15/0153:39> »
If you look at it that way you are correct.

Lonewheels

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <02-26-15/1720:49> »
Yes Senko it is.
economic's is a Academic knowledge and like Spooky pointed out  Business practises is the hand on skill being professional.

regards,

Lonewheels