NEWS

New Positive Quality: Nobility

• 8 Replies

Black Mamba

• Newb
« on: <01-07-15/1514:49> »
I'm honestly just looking for ideas/suggestions on this one. A player has asked about developing the aforementioned quality. I like the idea, but am struggling to define it.

It would be limited to the specific country, in this case Great Britain, but how would it be implemented? The only thing I can currently think of is that it would affect Etiquette and/or possibly shift social reactions involving the appropriate governmental agencies and other nobility.

Thoughts?

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <01-07-15/1524:09> »
It could allow you to spend more karma on cash when using karma gen, or allow for more free contact points, or allow you to spend more than 7 per contact. You'll also need to tack a national sin on there somewhere but maybe change or eliminate the tax part? Honestly it may just be easier to say you're a noble and take the advantages/disadvantages that ready do the above
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Sir_Prometheus

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <01-07-15/1540:12> »
Sounds like you could just relabel some of the various "privileged" qualities:  Born Rich, Family name, etc. 

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #3 on: <01-07-15/1612:23> »
Yeah, my interpretation would be to take a couple of the Qualities that represent what you think a Noble would be. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #4 on: <01-07-15/1621:41> »
Not all nobility is created equal - in some countries, nobility is not much better off than the normal person.  In other countries there's a huge disparity due to tyranny or whatnot.  Look at an emir from Dubai for instance.  Even among other emirs, there's no equality in wealth or power.  But all emirs are substantially better off than the average citizen of the UAE.  I would probably stick to a combination of Privileged, Born Rich, Rank and Fame.  You could make it a single quality with lots of values, and just say that the player gets to pick up to that many quality points worth of those four categories.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Emperors Grace

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <01-07-15/1812:32> »
I thought be meant nobility as in "being noble" when I read the title.  I'd find that more interesting, frankly.

I think the material end is covered by extant qualities.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <01-07-15/1829:05> »
I thought be meant nobility as in "being noble" when I read the title.  I'd find that more interesting, frankly.

I think the material end is covered by extant qualities.

And as for 'ebing noble' even that can be covered with something like Code of Honor: Chivalry... or even a Courtier's code.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Alpha Blue

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <01-09-15/0611:36> »
I'm honestly just looking for ideas/suggestions on this one. A player has asked about developing the aforementioned quality. I like the idea, but am struggling to define it.

It would be limited to the specific country, in this case Great Britain, but how would it be implemented? The only thing I can currently think of is that it would affect Etiquette and/or possibly shift social reactions involving the appropriate governmental agencies and other nobility.

Thoughts?

Privileged family name, fame and born rich should cover it.

Black Mamba

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <01-15-15/2036:39> »
Thank you all for the responses.  Privileged Family Name seems to be the ticket, with the Caveat of National SINner.

Register