NEWS

Blood Mage Bounty?

• 2 Replies

The_Hyphenator

• Newb
« on: <11-04-14/1049:12> »
In CR5, the fluff mentions that there's a standing bounty on Blood Mages from the Draco foundation. My players' last adventure had them tangling with a cult of Blood Mages, whom they subsequently wiped out, and they're now naturally interested in cashing in the bounty.

Are there any details on how much the Draco Foundation pays per dead Blood Mage, or details on how the bounties are verified and collected? If not, I can just wing it, but I like to stick as close to canon as I can with this kind of stuff.

8-bit

« Reply #1 on: <11-04-14/1102:35> »
Here's a quote from Dunkelzahn's Will.

Quote from: Dunkelzahn's Will
To further encourage an end to the use of blood magic by Aztechnology and other parties, I offer a bounty of 1 million nuyen on any blood mages captured alive and delivered to the Dunkelzahn Institute of Magical Research for the purposes of studying the effects of blood magic use on metahumanity. I further authorize the Draco Foundation to provide suitable rewards for the receipt of verifiable accounts of blood magic use, the rewards to reflect the usefulness of the information provided.

I can't seem to find a direct quote about the bounty for dead blood mages, but I would say half to three quarters is not a bad spot.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #2 on: <11-04-14/1105:31> »
Right now there's no longer a real 1m bounty active, and even the highest bounties are 250k~300k. For example, the 4 Toxic Horsemen are 1m combined, not individually.

Anyway, there's info in Hazard Pay, I haven't read enough of it to know if they pay for any blood mage, rather than just the ones on their bounty list. Also, given how you make it sound as if the Blood Mages are dead, I suspect that any blood mage NOT on a bounty list of DF/DIMR/APS as "dead" won't get them any cash.

As for the amount of the bounties, if we look at the Blood Mages in Hazard Pay we're talking 150k~300k for Magic 10~14 enemies, and some of those they want alive. Weaker ones may be only 10k dead, paid out by the cops or whatever. Capture is where the real money is for any weak mage on the bounty list, and weaker ones (such as the ones I suspect your players beat) may be 20k~50k each on capture. If you're at Magic 8+ and primary skills of 9+, then you're probably starting to enter the 100k+ alive territory.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Register