How Big is Catalyst?

• 22 Replies

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #15 on: <04-09-14/2339:57> »
That wasn't the quoted passage.

Red
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <04-09-14/2346:13> »
That wasn't the quoted passage.

Red

It was, however, part of the same statement.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #17 on: <04-09-14/2349:15> »
Agreed and perfectly reasonable in my mind but the second statement could be misconstrued as hostile. I don't truly think that was what was meant, but it did seem that way.

Red
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #18 on: <04-09-14/2352:31> »
The part telling us to fuck off had nothing to do with the part about "I don't have any more information."  It had to do with the bit that I quoted - which was "we answer to ourselves."

I get that a company doesn't want to reveal their assets, personnel, etc. for lots of reasons.  But this is a company that many of us want to get to know better, because they're controlling something that has been a part of our lives for decades.  The response by PeterSmith wasn't just telling us that the information is private.  It was saying, "we don't answer to you or anyone else."  Literally.  And that's kind of a dickish way of saying things.  It's bad for customer relations at the least.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #19 on: <04-10-14/0033:08> »
Children, play nice.

How big is CGL?

Smaller than Saeder-Krupp.  Enjoy.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <04-10-14/0430:34> »
Well, this thread certainly took an...interesting...turn. :o

@Peter - thanks for the correction.

DeathEatsCurry

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <04-20-14/1954:32> »
The part telling us to fuck off had nothing to do with the part about "I don't have any more information."  It had to do with the bit that I quoted - which was "we answer to ourselves."

I get that a company doesn't want to reveal their assets, personnel, etc. for lots of reasons.  But this is a company that many of us want to get to know better, because they're controlling something that has been a part of our lives for decades.  The response by PeterSmith wasn't just telling us that the information is private.  It was saying, "we don't answer to you or anyone else."  Literally.  And that's kind of a dickish way of saying things.  It's bad for customer relations at the least.
I think the "answer to ourselves" referred specifically to the information about the company, which a private company is certainly entitled to. It was horribly phrased, especially considering theres been some bad blood around in general, but I think (hope) his intention certainly wasnt to be a dick about it.

Either that, or CGL is taking its megacorp fluff a bit too close to heart...

Edit: Also, it would do people in general well to remember that while corps (private companies) have no legal obligation to do so, a bit of transparency towards your customer base will rarely do harm.
« Last Edit: <04-20-14/1957:11> by DeathEatsCurry »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #22 on: <04-21-14/0804:20> »
Hey guys, since this took a very awkward turn, I'm going to lock it. Especially since everyone knows, "size doesn't matter". ;)

Register