NEWS

The Big D and the Azzies

• 12 Replies

AceFace

« on: <06-29-12/1635:31> »
Hello,

Have just been reading the very old thread about what happened with Dunkelzahn and didn't want to possess that particular cyber-zombie, so thought I should start a new thread for my question. The summary from Abstruse in that thread was particularly useful, but I was just wondering, why were the Azzies trying to speed up the return of the Horrors? If these things will basically kill everything in the world in horrific ways when they arrive, surely that will include all the blood magicians and their buddies, even if they did expediate the return. What am I missing?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <06-29-12/1741:04> »
Even back in the Earthdawn days, there were Horror cults. And this was when people actually lived through the Scourge. But, more than that, it has been suggested quite heavily that Aztechnology is being run by a dragon suffering from Corruption.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <06-29-12/2050:46> »
Because the Horrors don't kill *everyone*, just *most* of them. You have to keepa few around to harvest fear from, like milking cows. The high cultists of Aztechnology believe that they'll be rewarded with great power and high status once the Horrors arrive. "Better to rule in Hell" and all that.

(Most of those guys have been culled, luckily.)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <06-29-12/2302:08> »
Oscuro's cabal was culled, yes. But the Smoking Mirror's cult is still there.

My Characters

AceFace

« Reply #4 on: <06-30-12/0525:58> »
Ooh! So who culled the cults? Presumably Aztechnology is broadly in support of these blood magic cults - they're not a rogue element or anything?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <06-30-12/0822:52> »
From what I gather, Oscuro's group pushed too hard, too fast, and got themselves noticed. So the Smoking Mirror had them excised. And they run AZT, pretty much. Oh sure, there's stuff on paper that says otherwise, but AZT is run by the blood mage cult, pure and simple.

My Characters

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <06-30-12/0942:32> »
Kinda.

There are several factions in the Azzie board of directors, and the bloody  guys used to be far more powerful than they are now. Ding's people, for instance, are the drug runners, who want PROFIT, so they can continue to enjoy their decadant lifestyles, while ... shoot. I need to get my books. There's a Japanese Businessman on the board that signed up just to make money as well. There's some infighting between a couple of mages, an older, weakening one that was a big backer of the blood magic, and a younger, healthier woman who wants him gone. A few other power blocs as well.

There's a lot more going on there than just "Blood Magic, whee!" but the bloody stuff is still going on.

GiraffeShaman

• Omae
  • Devourer of Salads
« Reply #7 on: <06-30-12/1040:46> »
There are several factions in the Azzie board of directors, and the bloody  guys used to be far more powerful than they are now. Ding's people, for instance, are the drug runners, who want PROFIT, so they can continue to enjoy their decadant lifestyles, while ... shoot. I need to get my books. There's a Japanese Businessman on the board that signed up just to make money as well. There's some infighting between a couple of mages, an older, weakening one that was a big backer of the blood magic, and a younger, healthier woman who wants him gone. A few other power blocs as well.
Really interesting stuff. Any idea of some good sources for info on these factions and on what the Azzies are up to in the 60's and 70's? I'm particularly interested in this Ding character. I have some runners who just recently began doing some work for a faction in Az Seattle in 2060.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <06-30-12/1103:03> »
The Corporate Guide, Aztechnology (Pages 66-69 deal with the Board and power blocs/factions).

The Sixth World Almanac also notes that while Flavia de la Rosa is CEO, she had to ditch her seat as President, which the Corporate Guide fails to mention. I'm inclined to thnk that the former over-rides the latter, and we have two different people as CEO of Aztechnology and the President of Aztlan.

The Corp Guide also otes that 'Motecuhzoma' has been a board member for decades, but that he/she/it (No one knows who, or what, it actually is!) only stepped forward when the blood mage bloc fell and that he and the aging Domingo Cjavez have been fighting for control over Aztechnology's magical assets, including the remnants of the blood mage bloc. This implies that the blood mages, who lost both Oscuro and the Gestalt, are pale shadows of their former power level.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <06-30-12/1215:38> »
Enrico Silva is the current President of Aztlan.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #10 on: <06-30-12/1220:46> »
Current PUPPET of Aztlan, you mean.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <06-30-12/1616:35> »

No, he's the president of Aztlan, the largest subsidiary of Aztechnology. Kinda like a regional manager. :)

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #12 on: <07-03-12/0019:56> »
No, he's the president of Aztlan, the largest subsidiary of Aztechnology. Kinda like a regional manager. :)
+1 to you, sir!!
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.