NEWS

[IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...

  • 71 Replies
  • 3115 Views

eryrwyn

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 32
« Reply #30 on: (12:15:18/07-07-18) »
Baron smiles as he takes in their employer's astral form. Hearing his comrade's question-cum-comment, he is shaken from his reverie-like state. His smile not disappearing from his face, he says, "Couldn't miss it for the world."

blackshade10

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 77
  • Elfie Technomancer
« Reply #31 on: (12:45:34/07-07-18) »
Crow's eyes had a similar look as the Baron's, focusing on their Johnson for a moment before looking to Ace. "I'm in." He looked to the Johnson. "Any details you have for us? Is our target Awakened?  Do they have any augmentations we should be aware of? Allergies? Phobias?  Medical concerns?  Sensitive emotional states?  Hostility?" He listed off a variety of questions with a sort of blase casualness.

Jusenkyo

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 13
« Reply #32 on: (15:41:59/07-07-18) »
Avalanche didn't really have much to go on since she got there late, but that was fine she could get more details from just doing the job. "I'm in, She cracked her neck and knuckles to punctuate. She didn't bother asking additional questions, sounded like that was already being taken care of.

Marcus

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2513
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #33 on: (10:49:28/07-08-18) »
Ace shakes his head. Rolls his neck and looks around to everyone starting from Mr.Johnson. Sitting here and playing 20 questions, I'm sure would be fun, but moving will get us further faster.  Send us your best intel on the target, names info on targets preferred contacts, friend and family, most likely opposition, and of course any actions or other assets already in the field we might encounter. We can read and talk while we drive. Looks to Ryu, can you rig up some kind of secure com net?
« Last Edit: (11:36:11/07-08-18) by Marcus »
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Redwulfe

  • *
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • *
  • Posts: 690
« Reply #34 on: (14:31:37/07-08-18) »
Ichirou listens to the team and leans back in his chair a bit with a sigh. "75k with a 5,000 Nuyen expense account. This is the final offer."

Looking around he notes that this is acceptable tot he group and he moves taking there questions into account.

"The target is Kiku, the Oyabun's daughter. She is to be returned to the fold without harm and those responsible for her disappearance are to be noted and brought to us so that we may deal with them. She disappeared from her apartment near the university last night. according to the security guard that is no longer available for questioning, she arrived at the apartment last night with a companion and left alone and upset three hours later and was not scene again. Her apartment has been preserved without KE interference for your investigation. It has only been disturbed by our people. It is best you look at the location for yourself."

Ichirou adjusts himself a bit before continuing, many of the team noted that he choose his following words very carefully "Her acquaintance was found at the scene and has passed on to his final rest."

Looking at the team he resumes his previous callus demeanor. "Their is no video footage of the interior of the apartment for obvious reasons and for those same reasons discretion is required in your investigation."

Each of the team members receives a Invite for a Mark that appears in their feild of vision as Ichirou says. "This is a mark to get you into the apartment and past the front desk security. Security has been informed of their place and they have been motivated to not hamper you."

"If you have any other questions for me please let me know" Commcode: A70647E51D91 appears as a message from Ichirou to each of the team members comms. "If not you have the room for the next hour, it has been secured for you."
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5099
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #35 on: (15:34:01/07-08-18) »
Ryu looks at ace with a quizzically raised eyebrow; Nothing online is ever truly secure, but I can babysit the comms with my kit to lend us some more protection.
He now mentally fired up his implanted deck and switched the loadout for a data-haul right Ryu, start with the obvious...social media, vlogs etc and began a trawl for her online presence.

Turning to Ichirou, Ryu spoke; "no longer available for questioning??" That as a punishment for failure or is he down to enemy action? Can you forward the external security footage and the dossier of the security guard? I'll make a start reviewing them as we travel.

Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Marcus

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2513
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #36 on: (15:51:05/07-08-18) »
Ace chuckle as he stands up. While mentally activating the pick up function of his car. I suspect it's more of an Object lesson. Never date the boss' Daughter. Out front he looks back I can seat 4 total, anyone else bring a car? A Black BMW 400GT, pulls up the in front of the parlor. Ace walks around and climbs in the driver door. The other three doors unlock.    Apartment first then? One more thing, I don't like missions with mixed objective, to me priority one is recover the Girl Alive. Everything else falls into a distant second. Everyone good with that?
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5099
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #37 on: (16:01:53/07-08-18) »
Ryu heads towards the front passenger door.
Out of earshot of the meet Ryu spoke to ace,
I meant the guard, not her "pal". That guy's gonna be interesting... five nuyen says its something kinky gone wrong.
Shotgun. Yeah, works for me...
« Last Edit: (16:15:13/07-08-18) by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Marcus

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2513
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #38 on: (17:21:24/07-08-18) »
Ace stairs off in the distance for a second as he activates a map soft locks in the destination and waits for everyone to climb in before starting to drive. The question that makes me nervous and no one mentioned. Presumably this young lady has full time security. If she came back alone, does that means she gave her body guards the the slip? Are they dead? And if she left alone, and upset, is she actually been grabbed or just making a run for it? I won't pretend to know much about the Yakuza, anyone know what their policy on leaving the organization is?
« Last Edit: (21:28:19/07-08-18) by Marcus »
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Redwulfe

  • *
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • *
  • Posts: 690
« Reply #39 on: (18:39:46/07-08-18) »
As Ryu asks Ichirou while leaving Ichirou replies, "The guard unfortunately is no longer living so he is unavailable to question."
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

adzling

  • *
  • Errata Team
  • Prime Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 3030
    • Building Better Security
« Reply #40 on: (19:29:15/07-08-18) »
Standing outside Ban joins the group's ad-hoc messaging network/ group chat.

Heyup posse, I posted all your resume's to the group chat so you can check each other out.
This is hopefully a quick one, as you can no doubt imagine the Oyabun has deep shadow connections and failing or farking up will bring shit down on us in torrents.
Ryu as Team Raven's decker can you see if you can grab the dorm's vid-feeds for the week?
I think we have a couple astral capable's onboard, you two can decide among you which one's gonna astral scout the Last Known Location.
Meanwhile Ace you seem to be the team chauffeur, you can take us to the L.K.L.
Avalanche, i'm guessing we're gonna need you before this over but seeing as your ass wont fit in Ace's car looks like your Johhny Cabbing it. Although we don't records pinning you to the L.K.L so you might wanna get dropped off a half mile away or so and hoof the last bit on foot.

Ok posse mount up, you got any input let's hear it en route.

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5099
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #41 on: (07:51:18/07-10-18) »
Ryu clicks the belt in place and slips into the warm embrace of hotsim, speccing his deck for a deep data trawl with the usual data trail obfuscation running in the background.
He ran through the names and details from the social media finds and trawled the matrix for their corresponding personas, devices, files.. Anything he could get a fix on. Kiku's was likely to be dead/off/hidden otherwise the yak's would have found her already but it didn't hurt to try. The other kid could turn out to be a useful lead
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Marcus

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2513
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #42 on: (08:26:21/07-10-18) »
Ace sits up sliding out the window and looks the those still outside. Come on folks hop in, time's a wasting. Good Luck with the Cab Avalanche.

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Marcus

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2513
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #43 on: (21:20:35/07-10-18) »
/OOC Moving Ahead/

After everyone get in and buckles up, Ace puts the petal down. While driving Ace's suit quickly changes from white with black shirt, to a fair imitation of a black chauffeur's outfit though it lack any kind of hat. Ace drives careful but very quickly to the LKL. About a block away Ace slows way down he slips on an anti-blastic mask, and drives complete circle around the location immediate road net, careful observing carefully observing the build's exterior and immediate surroundings. While doing the circle Ace says careful not to put it on the net. The more I keep thinking about it, the more I feel like this might be an inside Job. Any good mob must have plenty of soldiers, and at-least a couple of their top made men must be as good or better then us, and should be more trusted then even one of Cowboy's Posses. So if they are going outside the "family" or whatever Yakuza call it. There must be a reason. The part that bugs me, is everyone knows the smart money on children abduction is pay the ransom.You're a lot more likely to get a happy ending then rolling the dice violent retrieval. Which to me says that ransom isn't money.    After parking and unlocking the doors, Ace retries fours pistols and carefully holsters them, and removes and replaces the anti-ballistic mask.
« Last Edit: (21:23:53/07-10-18) by Marcus »
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5099
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #44 on: (07:47:50/07-11-18) »
\\team\\ok guys, starting to get some leads coming through from my matrix trawl. Kiku's social media is a bit sparse but she had a bit of a spat with a friend over a picture of her (file shared) showing her with *this* guy here (aro drawn around him on the picture). Done some digging; The name of the man in the photo is Kaito Tomizawa, son of Kosuke Tomizawa who is the Oyuban of the Kernan-Kai. They operate out of the Puyallup Barrens. Might be our deceased, or might be connected. Anyone got any contacts in the barrens who can verify?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor