NEWS

[IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...

  • 71 Replies
  • 3875 Views

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5100
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #15 on: (01:21:53/07-06-18) »
The auto-taxi's ancient diesel engine clattered and spat as it navigated the climbs and twists to Lou's. Ryu flicked through the search results, apparently happy that the place seemed a good enough meeting spot. Powering off anything nonessential, he synced up his commlink and checked out Lou's in AR as the distance shrunk, more to pass the time and get a feel for the place than anything.
He hopped out into the rain a little way down the road, hood up, back pack on and geared to go.
After checking for tails from a sheltered doorway opposite Lou's he headed inside, flicking his icon over to a raven as he headed through the door.
"Evening, business meeting tonight, can you point me in the right direction?" He said as he got to the desk.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Redwulfe

  • *
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 695
« Reply #16 on: (01:50:46/07-06-18) »
The woman behind the counter points tot he back and as ryu shuffles in Ban comes in shortly behind him.

The man in the suit looks up as Ban enters and counts those assembled. Unfortunately time is of the essence for me so you will have to fill your man in when you can. The johnson straghtens himself up and continues. The Oyabun has someone that he wishes to be found, he is willing to pay your kind for this service. The pay will be 50,000 Nuyen with a 5,000 Nuyen expense account for incidentals that you can use while on the job. Are you good with this?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5100
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #17 on: (07:59:08/07-06-18) »
assuming that the tight notice here means we're likely not the only ones looking for this "someone"? Also, any indication of the size/scope of the search? I mean, for example, cross borders would increase the risk and our cost somewhat, obviously.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Marcus

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2702
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #18 on: (08:51:49/07-06-18) »
Ace looks to Ban Dolo, trying to get read on his intentions. He shrugs and looks at the Johnson and asks Alive or Dead?
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Redwulfe

  • *
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 695
« Reply #19 on: (10:33:01/07-06-18) »
Mr. Johnson looks at the group and shrugs, "Alive, this person is very special to the Oyabun and we do assume at this point they are less missing and more taken, We also assume you will face opposition to the persons recovery. however unless they are on extraterritorial grounds they should be in the city so a border crossing would not be necessary."
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

adzling

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3184
  • Telling it like it is
    • Building Better Security
« Reply #20 on: (10:41:52/07-06-18) »
"Ok so this is personal for the Oyabun, got it. What can you tell us about the target, why they left the Oyabun's purview and who they're holed up with?"

Redwulfe

  • *
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 695
« Reply #21 on: (11:30:23/07-06-18) »
"Do you accept the job? details will come after if we need to find alternate employ we do not wish personal information in the shadow's view. What I can tell you is the target is an ex-runner and their last seen location was a scene out of a horror trid. Their is one dead already and this must be moved on quickly. We do not know where or who they could be with or why, these are all things that we will need you for.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

adzling

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3184
  • Telling it like it is
    • Building Better Security
« Reply #22 on: (12:27:41/07-06-18) »
"ok pard' well I reckon less information about the posse's target means more dollars on the nose." Ban forced a frown (no small matter with the Novacoke streaming through his system).

"This is a last-minute gig, which will add 20% right there to your costs, no matter who you hire in this sprawl. Plus you already said the target's a favorite of the Oyabun, a runner, and was last seen knee-deep in something terrifying. Those three right there will up the price by themselves. If you can give us more info before we commit that might cut the price back down a bit"

<ooc> i'm waiting on the right time to roll my negotiation test ;-) <ooc>

Jusenkyo

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 13
« Reply #23 on: (12:51:26/07-06-18) »
Avalanche was late, Getting the call while she was far away wasn't ideal, she couldn't afford a ride so she had had to walk there. That in on of itself wasn't actually a problem, the problem was that it had taken her this long to arrive at the tattoo parlor. She knew it was bad showing up like this but she didn't have much of a choice, she was low on cash for food and for a place to stay, she could deal with whatever Drek it would give her being a little late to the party.

Thankfully she had sent her 'resume' in ahead of time although her Drek equipment probably was just getting it to him.
Avalanche, Troll, Awakened (Adept), capable of astral perception, Sneaky, muscle
Sure it was short and simple, but that's all that people normally expected from a Troll.

She opened the door to the parlor Lou's was a nice enough place, while the gangers weren't there at least but she could ignore them. She knew who to ask, the woman behind the counter, although avalanche didn't say anything except "business" and waiting to be directed to where the others were or be told she was too late and they were already gone.


Marcus

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2702
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #24 on: (14:55:00/07-06-18) »
ooc:Waits for the roll to complete.  Satisfied with Ban's good work, Ace nods, Money being Right, I'm on board. As this is personal is Narcojet acceptable?
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Redwulfe

  • *
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 695
« Reply #25 on: (18:32:24/07-06-18) »
@Avalanche- The woman in behind the counter looks at the troll and directs him towards the back. they are already in session but you should be OK to enter I sent word you have arrived.

@Rest- The Johnson looks destracted for a second and then replies "Your companion has arrived. As for the Job, details are always fuzzy in the beginning and the price is appropriate. You accepted the meet on short notice so it must not be anything that put you out too much. As far as the Oyabun's favor, that is worth its weight in gold and anyone would rather have his favor than his eire, being in his debt is far less desirable than being in his favor. We do however apologize that we are placing you into something terrifying, but we where under the impression you were capable of handling that."
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

adzling

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3184
  • Telling it like it is
    • Building Better Security
« Reply #26 on: (20:25:03/07-06-18) »
<ooc> 7 hits on negotiation test, about average for my dice pool of negotiation (bargaining) 22 for employers, did not use RYU to teamwork as he has 2 dice in his negotiation pool ;-) http://orokos.com/roll/640202

rerolling failures results in 5 more hits (again average for 15 dice)  http://orokos.com/roll/640203 hitting ban's limit of 12. take off employer's 1 hit and his net hits are 11! <ooc>
« Last Edit: (10:32:19/07-07-18) by adzling »

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5100
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #27 on: (04:23:48/07-07-18) »
Ryu looks to the team and gives them the nod. He was in.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

eryrwyn

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 32
« Reply #28 on: (06:42:00/07-07-18) »
The elf known as "Baron" was very interested in not only the words spoken by their employer, but also his body language, his social habits, the details behind the man, really. It was, after all, very interesting and, very often, needed in order to construct a proper persona at work. Not that he intended to imitate the man, no, but he could add some of these details he could spot to his future creations if he would need any inspiration.

There was, however, one part of the man that could not be changed. Not without proper spells, at least. As he listened to the conversation and left the speaking to his fellow elf -- the face that he was contacted about by Akuro -- he opened his astral eye to look at the man spiritually. It could come useful. Or not.

Marcus

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2702
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #29 on: (11:34:32/07-07-18) »
Ace has a thin smile Time and our target are running, Chummers. Looking to Eryrwyn, Crow and Avalanche,   In or Out?
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking