NEWS

What do you need to make your on simsin or BTL ?

• 3 Replies

Seras

• Newb
« on: (18:53:19/06-16-18) »
Hi guys,

I have read the core book back and forth, this is what I have come up with.

I need this as a plot hook for a mission idea.

Minimum gear, lowest quality production

Trodes, cheap commlink with a simrig.

High end, professional recordings

Cybersences (eyes, ears, taste and touch), DNI, implanted simrig

does the implanted simrig need an implated commlink as well ?

Did I get this right ?

Does it say anyware  in any books what emptysimsin/BTL chips cost ?

I apologise for my posts beeing weird to read, I am fluent in english, but almost never write in english anymore :-(

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: (05:34:04/06-17-18) »
To record regular hot-sim simsense you need:

* DNI (which you can get from wearing trodes or having an implanted control rig, ommlink or cyberdeck).

* Simrig (which can be installed in a commlink or cyberdeck or other device GM seems fit).

* Sim module (which can be installed in a commlink and comes default for cyberdecsks, control rigs and internal commlinks) and if you want to record feeling rather than just boring see+hear+touch you also need the sim module to be modded for hot-sim (which is an illegal upgrade on commlinks, default on restricted cyberdecks and as-is not supported for control rigs).

Trodes (25, legal) and a commlink (100, legal) with a simrig (1,000, legal) and a sim module (100, legal) modded for hot-sim (250, illegal).

You can store the recording just about anywhere you want, but an empty off-line-only-chip cost just 5 (Datachip, SR5 p. 440). The download or the chip is normally coded to auto-erase after single use (can be bypassed with a Hardware + Logic (10, 1 hour) Extended Test). The street price of a Hot-Sim Simsense BTL dose is normally around 20 (Dreamchip, SR5 p. 413).

There are no rules for different quality, having said that, depending on what you are recording maybe something you could do is to use either [Social] of the actor or [Data Processing] of the device (whichever is lowest) as a limit on the Artisan + Charisma test to see how many net hits the actual recording got...

Also, really good productions are studio-produced sims that are doctored up.
« Last Edit: (06:10:20/06-17-18) by Xenon »

Seras

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: (17:08:50/06-25-18) »
Thank you ! :)
I apologise for my posts beeing weird to read, I am fluent in english, but almost never write in english anymore :-(

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: (09:49:16/07-13-18) »
Given that it is a digital object of some sort, I'd allow an Edit File to attempt to up the quality (Rating and Threshold).
Yeah, TMs got thrown in the cell with Bubba the Love Troll and sandpaper for lube.
there is autosofts for everything  8)