NEWS

Bye, Bye Blackbird IC

  • 187 Replies
  • 13637 Views

Jayde Moon

  • *
  • Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2317
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #165 on: (12:45:15/05-19-17) »
The team wasn't hard to find, especially having Arc's commcode, but Snap wasn't about to drop in uninvited to the meet.

<<@Arc: Snapdragon here... er, Snap.  I'm all set to do the dirty deed.  You got comms?  I can get on and we can coordinate.  I'll even stand by in case you need something else.>>
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Qwikfix

  • *
  • Guest
« Reply #166 on: (12:09:02/05-20-17) »
Arc perked up at the message, nodding her head at the contents as she finished working her rewiring of her RCC.

<<@Snap{Arc}: Aye, we got comms.  It's all off grid, but I'll patch you to my setup.  Anything I hear, you'll hear, and they hear you too>>

She nodded to the others as she sent the message, making sure everyone was hooked up before testing the comm system.

"Check check, we all good?  I got our 'Trix shupport in.  Say hello to Shnap, who is ready to make the move when we are."

Jayde Moon

  • *
  • Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2317
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #167 on: (13:42:52/05-20-17) »
<<@All: Heya, Team!  Snapdragon, from Carroll's in the barrens, yeah?  Or jus' call me Snap.  I'll be your 'trix support today, looking forward to giving you chummers the big assist!>>

She left a moment for everyone to shoot her a welcome or ignore her if that was their choice.

<<@All: Right, so it's getting close to the time.  I've looked up the bird in question and think I know how to keep it in the nest.  So, in five minutes, I'm going to do just that, looks like you guys are close enough to make your move, so I suggest you go ahead and do it.  Snap out!>>
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6427
« Reply #168 on: (14:31:25/05-20-17) »
Yelena looks over at Arc and gets a nod from her before she responds.  >>Yelena welcome Snap.<<

She nods to the coyotes.  "Is good to stop auto.  Yelena and Lena get out.  Luck to Blackbird."

When the car slows down, Yelena is already opening the door and she slides out to roll in the snow, cradling her rifle.  She makes sure that Lena is with her then moves to her selected hide near the large tree.  She takes up her position and sights in on the aircraft, finding the man standing near the ramp.  She gets into her firing mode and regulates her breathing to allow her the best shot possible.  When ready, she whispers to Lena, "Lena let Yelena know if see odd thing."  >>Team [Yelena]:  Yelena and Lena in place.  Sending picture from sight.  Is priest or not?<<
« Last Edit: (03:03:03/05-21-17) by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

ismilealot

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1760
« Reply #169 on: (21:36:04/05-20-17) »
The countryside is peaceful, it's looking like a beautiful day to be outside. Right now with the leaves off the trees Yelena has a decent line of sight. It could have been better. If they'd realized that the priest was on a private jet earlier and had been able to gather intel. But, Yelena is too much the professional to let that cloud her thinking. Every job has it's challenges. The ability to out-think and out maneuver those obstacles and succeed is what separates the few like herself, from all the others in jails or graves. So, she focuses, and sends what intel she can from her cam. The signal is a bit grainy, but, it's clearly the priest, and in a moment three others dressed in robes. But, Yelena is a professional, and she knows her own. They might be priests. But they are most definitely bodyguards.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6427
« Reply #170 on: (03:08:14/05-21-17) »
Yelena smiles to herself.  "Lena see guards?  Watch to see if they notice us here."  >>Team.  Yelena see three guards for priest.  Yelena ready for Blackbird call.  Continue or leave?<<
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3856
« Reply #171 on: (04:30:49/05-21-17) »
Na'Nele kept quiet for now, studying the images the sniper brought in.  She would follow the other's lead, as they knew the target better.  She did agree with Yelena that it those close by where probably bodyguards.  Of course, one flash-bang in the middle should take care of most of their reaction time.  She looked at Marco, as from what she had seen he was the one taking the decision.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #172 on: (05:34:52/05-21-17) »
Marco texted >> Blackbird here...  Goodluck Snap!
Should he just present himself as Marco? He was not sure yet if he should come back from the dead or not. Perhaps later - but right now few people know who he really is. Snap was too much of a Seattle-born to trust with this kind of info at that specific time.

Marco nodded, and then spoke with a clear and pragmatic voice.
"Bodyguards heh? This prevents talking to the guy we will proceed with violence then.
We'll open with a flashbang and a Euphoria spell... I do not expect much for the spell as their counterspelling may be enough to undo the spell. There is little counterspelling can do against grenades - so one way or the other they'll be distracted. Yelena, after the first shock and awe move quickly and drop them one by one... can one of the cars make it to the airfield  - or should I use magic to extract the mark once he is down? "







Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5100
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #173 on: (15:41:03/05-21-17) »
Yelena smiles to herself.  "Lena see guards?  Watch to see if they notice us here."  >>Team.  Yelena see three guards for priest.  Yelena ready for Blackbird call.  Continue or leave?<<
Lena dialled up the image magnification to max, laying prone on the grass with her chin resting on her arm to steady the motion of her breathing. every miniscule motion made the enhanced and heavily magnified image blur but she settled her breathing and took a really good look at the scene before her
[spoiler]Perception test inc gear bonus: 9d6t5 3[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

ismilealot

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1760
« Reply #174 on: (20:23:00/05-21-17) »
Lena saw the four priests, the oldest was in the center and the other three were around him, their heads in constant motion as they watched their surroundings.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6427
« Reply #175 on: (20:48:44/05-21-17) »
>>Yelena has Gel and APDS bullets.  Gel loaded now for two rounds then APDS for guards.  Yelena ask if all others are ready.  Competent guards have noise and flash compensating devices anyway.<<

After sending the message on her internal 'link, she whispers to Lena without taking her eye off the primary. "Lena tell Yelena if things change."  Her breathing softens as she reaches out and grabs the shadow about her and brings it in to help guide her shot.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5100
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #176 on: (07:16:07/05-22-17) »
I've got eyes-on, these boys are pretty skittish. You'll get one, maybe two rounds off before they're moving him. Target first, biggest heavy next.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Qwikfix

  • *
  • Guest
« Reply #177 on: (09:30:55/05-22-17) »
Arc nodded silently as Yelena and Lena both departed, wishing them luck as the door closed and they proceeded to their destination.  She gave a smile at the help from a familiar source as her ork persona gave Snapdragon the thumbs up.

<<"The help''s more than appreciated.  You do your thing, we go on your green light">>

Turning to Blackbird, the tusked girl gave a nod as she pulled her armored jacket close around her.  "Ready when you ish.
Here, one of yas take mah drone.  Should be able to work close range, and with my bugs on their way back is about all I can do to help..."


Jayde Moon

  • *
  • Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2317
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #178 on: (12:16:17/05-22-17) »
<<"The help''s more than appreciated.  You do your thing, we go on your green light">>

Alright, go time!

Snap dismissed the crack sprite into the resonance and stepped into the Airfield's Host.  Inside, the sculpting was boringly crafted to resemble a small airport.  Typical.  It always galled her to step into bland constructs, the Matrix was a realm of infinite artistic possibility and Host designers were painting everything in broad strokes of beige.

Snap immediately compiled a data sprite.  This one didn't have to be robust.

Please find for me the Control Tower Command and Control node.

The data sprite zipped off.  As it did, Snap noticed a couple of 'security guards' walking her way.  Probably remnants of the alert she no doubt triggered over an hour ago.  That was ages in the Matrix and with probes being a common occurrence, hosts never allotted a significant portion of their processing power to security for long, if they didn't find anything within a few minutes.

She quickly turned her attention to the overhead displays that listed the flight information.  She had a MARK and would register to the patrol IC as a validated guest user to the host.  Until she did something unauthorized for her level of access, they would leave her alone.  Still, better to remain inconspicuous.

The data sprite returned quickly.

Finded it!  Follow MEEEE!

Snap nodded and trailed behind the sprite.  It zipped back and forth, hidden from view.  If the IC 'thought' to look for it, they'd locate it easily enough, but with no current alert, they weren't actively seeking anomalies.

At the end of the hallway, the sprite stopped and indicated a large podium.  A persona was manning the podium but not paying attention.  It was possible that the persona was an agent autonomously running the show, but just as likely that it was an actual Spider.  Either way, it would be best for Snap to act surreptitiously.

She dismissed the data sprite and then focused on pulling together the resonance streams for a far more powerful machine sprite.  Once it came to be, she radioed back to the team.

<<@Team: Chaos at the Airport begins in three.... two...

Please do me a favor and frag the control tower completely, for the next twenty minutes.

Really?  Oh, please may I!

Have at it.

With glee, the massive resonance being dove into the control tower.  The persona standing there didn't even notice the sprite enter into the icon of the Control Tower, but it was only a moment later that he noticed something was awry.    Looking over the system, Snap noticed that the persona became more frantic and then, there was a sputtering from the icon, a bang, and everything went dark.

That was what she was hoping for.  The machine sprite likely causes a major surge/outage and it was going to take the techs  some time to get it up and running again.

<<@Team: No one taking off or landing for the next 20 minutes, estimate.  You have your window.>>

She left the Machine Sprite to continue to do its work and vacated the host, looking for the actual plane in case the pilot had ideas of taking off without permission from Control.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #179 on: (17:19:18/05-22-17) »
Marco said to Yelena, please do not kill anyone, stick to Gel rounds. Nobody can resurrect the dead, but if we must, killing the unconscious is trivial.

Marco prepared his body and mind for the operation, he placed his ballistic mask on top of his face and loaded his weapon with precious gel rounds. For security he summoned an additional spirit of air, the first attempt is unsuccessful, but in the second he gets 4 services.  The spirit is a spirit of Air, which suits Marco's mood since his interaction with Velenkoradi he grew fond of their ilk. He orders the spirit "protect us from anything in the astral (or dual natured spirit)."   (Marco took 1 drain summoning).

"The plan is simple and effective, we leave Yelena and Lena in a sniper position and the rest of us dash into that place with guns blazing. We subdue the guards, kidnap the mage, interrogate him, drug him and drop him off somewhere safe."

Agility boost: 10d6t5 4

(Providing the plan is accepted.)
At Yelena and Lenna's queue the van begins dashing toward the combatanst and Marco opens with suppressive fire, if they need to dock to cover line of sight is going to be tricky and they may find it difficult to use magic. At least for the few critical seconds the group need to subdue them.

[spoiler]
Marco uses suppressive fire. Which means that Gabriel and his bodyguards have to drop prone or roll reaction + edge if they want to move treshold of 4.  They will take a dicepool penalty of -4 for the entire combat round or until Marco commits to another action. (Which he won't).
Supressive Fire: 16d6t5 4
[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: (12:59:59/05-23-17) by gilga »