NEWS

A super car... a Batmobile? :P

• 18 Replies

Nightmaster

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <01-28-17/0855:45> »
Cool one. That really give me ideas.

I just dont get why the devs made it so that now players have to choose the most large and slow vehicles to have room to make improvements since the cost in slots are so large. My character have a Bliztzen 2050 bike in the game that had the two engine modifications in the 4E rules and a add-on hovercraft system. Now in the 5E rules I cant have that because the total cost in slots is beyond the body value of the bike (and now you cant go beyond that value) and they didnt revised the body stat of several small to medium vehicles in the 5E that were imported from 4E.

Its like saying that shadowrunners (or anyone in that matter) need to use a van or truck to be able to really create a very cool car. Heck, even in the 4E I have wondered why there was no option to change the entire engine of a car for other more strong engine. They only have rules for "tweaking" or "tuning" engines.

I have see cars that had their engines replaced by truck engines. Of course they didnt have the greatest of acelerations, but they had high torque and a final speed way higher than what they had with their original engine (more powerful engine because truck engines are mean to pull a lot of weight).

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <01-28-17/1252:18> »
You can have a Blitzkrieg (the 5e update to the Blitzen) with secondary propulsion: hovercraft.  The bike's Body is 10 and the propulsion takes 8 slots.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Nightmaster

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <01-28-17/1951:00> »
You can have a Blitzkrieg (the 5e update to the Blitzen) with secondary propulsion: hovercraft.  The bike's Body is 10 and the propulsion takes 8 slots.

Yeah but not the speed upgrades. What is the profit?

The original Blitzen 2050 had a basic speed value on par with the Eurocar Westwind 3000 (220 vs 240) and now the diference in speed is 7 to 4 if you make the comparition between the 5E version of the Westwind and the Blitzkrieg bike.

With the 5E rules the westwind can reach speed 8 and the Blitzkrieg to even become a equal would need rating 3 in the same modification...

Something is really off in the mod costs im my opinion...

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <01-28-17/2208:20> »
Well, we're comparing a top-end supercar and an armored, security-grade motorcycle.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.