NEWS

Jialong Data Haven

  • 183 Replies
  • 21021 Views

adzling

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3196
  • Telling it like it is
    • Building Better Security
« Reply #45 on: (23:16:10/11-21-15) »
Teng pulls the Pok Guy alongside the Yinhe and engages in some chit-chat with Jiao, seeming to fall into her web of lust. Jan's efforts at bringing up bundles of vacuum packed Red Orchid from below decks snaps his attention back to the matter at hand.

"Hey, stumpy, keep that shit below, you want to get us all killed? And no you're not taking that cargo aboard my boat.".

He looks to Jiao and murmurs softly in her ear "so my little sea-elf, why don't you sit your attack dogs down on the Yinhe, let me set her course back to Macao and you and I can retire to my stateroom on the Pok Guy and meet them in port?".

He leers at Jiao and waves his hand with a flourish towards the deck of his junk.

MathBlade

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 32
« Reply #46 on: (23:33:31/11-21-15) »
"Cleanup crew doesn't make sense Jan. Else they'd keep the boat. Looks like coincidence for now.I have some contacts if you can sneak a reasonable amount by Captain Oblivious." Jiao countered over the tacnet. There wasn't too much time to explain. She had to focus on making sure the Captain was distracted.

Turning her attention back to the matter at hand she sauntered in front of him and ran her hands along her body. "Now now...I know you are eager to steer her into port but my... Attack dogs... can handle the boat. No need for you to sully your hands. I am pretty sure they will be occupied running a certain motor boat."

Pulling on his shirt gently, she gave up all pretense towards subtlety and towards the bridge for some calibrations. "I believe...what is the phrase..." She intentionally paused to leave him hanging...We need to look at the drive shaft to get this started?

MathBlade

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 32
« Reply #47 on: (23:34:40/11-21-15) »
<ooc: Reasonable was emphasized. Permission to add missing tag?>

Jan Schaefer

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 35
« Reply #48 on: (23:57:43/11-21-15) »
Jan nods and prepares to engage in stash-and-sneak.  From various conversations and remarks, most of the team has already inferred that he has considerable smuggling experience, so this is not an unfamiliar task.  He bundles some up inside the wetsuits, particularly the watertight casings that were used to bring the guns over, as well as giving his pants a bulge that almost matches Captain Teng's. When it looks like the team has stashed as much as will survive casual inspection on the 24 hour or so return to HK, Jan joins the team checking out the doomed prize. 

He seems neither surprised nor excited by Ping's distraction techniques- this is old hat, albeit in a new setting.

adzling

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3196
  • Telling it like it is
    • Building Better Security
« Reply #49 on: (01:48:20/11-22-15) »
The good captain bends to Jiao's affections without any hesitation, although once it becomes apparent that the you do not mean to retain the boat and it's cargo he seems to lose much of his ardor.

One of his subordinates takes the helm of the Pok Guy and shouts orders in a pidgin of Philipino, Thai and Chinese as Teng and Jiao descend below decks.

<ooc> you can stash a few thousand nuyen worth of Red Orchid on your persons without risking detection. The boat is rigged to blow in about 6 hours and 45 minutes from now so nothing more for you to do here unless you want to <ooc>

MathBlade

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 32
« Reply #50 on: (01:51:42/11-22-15) »
<ooc: I was trying to distract the Captain so they could bring on as much as they like :) Plus she wouldn't have to swim...lol > </ooc>

adzling

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3196
  • Telling it like it is
    • Building Better Security
« Reply #51 on: (10:55:00/11-22-15) »
<ooc> Yeah it's pretty clear that Teng is not interested in taking the cargo aboard his boat. He's paranoid about getting caught by the Black Chrysanthemum. Your choices are smuggle as much as you can fit on your person (not much) or take the Yinhe with it's cargo to Macao and fence it <ooc>

MathBlade

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 32
« Reply #52 on: (11:19:06/11-22-15) »
<ooc: Well damn...Smuggle on my person it is I guess. />

Jan Schaefer

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 35
« Reply #53 on: (16:56:07/11-22-15) »
<Agreed.  Stuff the weapons containers and our pants and keep a watchful eye on them- no shadowrunner would let a captain touch his AK or his other gun. />

Jan Schaefer

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 35
« Reply #54 on: (20:15:31/11-22-15) »
<ooc:  Quote of the day, Run and Gun p. 59.  "No matter what the dice pool says, you cannot hide an assault cannon inside assless chaps."  I'll keep that in mind.  /ooc>

Wyt

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 16
  • Before the black...comes the wight...
« Reply #55 on: (22:14:47/11-22-15) »
*wyt watches his teammates grab merchandise, and simply and only watches, he doesn't seem to care,but it does seem to bother him a little.* If you all are ready, i got the remote right here...we can detonate and leave...i sincerely think its a bad idea to take the goods, but the team has shown itself to be capable of taking care of themselves, i will not be taking any, since when I'm hired to do something, i do that and only that. i originally was curious to see if anything was lootable but hoping for something more mundane and useful than drugs.
« Last Edit: (22:04:03/11-23-15) by Wyt »

adzling

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3196
  • Telling it like it is
    • Building Better Security
« Reply #56 on: (12:33:38/11-23-15) »
After packing as much Red Orchid as you can into your armored diving suits (i.e. not much) you reboard the Pok Guy and the crew set course for the return voyage to Hong Kong.

Once you get a few hundred meters between you and the Yinhe Wyt triggers the limpet minds you attached, you hear a dull thud and she slips gracefully into the briny deep of the South China Sea never to be seen again.

The trip back to port is uneventful, you see little of Captain Teng and Jiao, it would seem the Pok Guy is not as well maintained as indicated as they seem to spend a significant amount of time belowdecks "inspecting her transmission".

Arriving back in Hong Kong you disembark and meet with Sacristan, bringing her up to speed on the destruction of the Yinhe. She seems pleased, collects the scuba equipment, pays your retainer fee and gives you a day off to recover.

A quick call to Deng brings your real employers up to speed on the mission, meanwhile you can keep or fence your Red Orchid.

<ooc> your character sheets are up today with your $$ and karma awards. If you decide to fence the Red Orchid you each get an additional $1000 nuyen.

Jan Schaefer

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 35
« Reply #57 on: (13:45:33/11-23-15) »
<ooc> Hey, Wyt, you got a cat or two walking on your keyboard?  Or did you try some of the Red Orchid?  <ooc>

Wyt

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 16
  • Before the black...comes the wight...
« Reply #58 on: (22:07:36/11-23-15) »
yeah sry about that i was watching some kids for a friend at their daycare while they did some errands, and one of them pressed a lot of my keys when i wasn't looking and the enter button so much that it didn't show up in my immediate view lol.

in other words *it appears as if wYt tried some of the red orchid, although he swears up and down he didn't and seems to be telling the truth, or at least you think HE believes he didn't try any*

MathBlade

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 32
« Reply #59 on: (00:00:06/11-24-15) »
Jiao came back after the fiasco attempt that was swimming in the ocean and shook off her boots and clothes as fast as she could. There was almost nothing redeemable about that run from her perspective. Things got ugly. She wanted to kick some butt and be helpful but by the time she and Cabbie finally got on the boat things were almost wrapped up. Taking a bottle of wine from her cabinet, she poured herself a glass of wine to try to steel her resolve.

You go girl!! They'd be lost in the astral without you.

Grabbing some cheese from her fridge, she put away the bottle and got ready to chillax for the night and conquer the day new, maybe with shopping. However as she was watching ANTM Cycle 250, her fan blew open the research on her desk about the drug Tempo. In it a lady was described being comatose. This reminded her a little bit of the drug Shade and wondered if the girl was even alive in the Astral.

Oh noo you don't. This is fun times...You're selfish remember? You don't do sentimental...

Jiao turned up the TV a little bit and tried to block it out. It worked for all of 30 seconds as they kept talking about the damn Tempo and to turn it up. Sighing, Jiao couldn't shake the feeling she was meant to do something. Turning off the TV, Jiao poured the rest of the wine down the drain and finished the last bits of pepper jack cheese (well soy cheese) and blew a kiss in the air.

"Fantismo" she said to no one in particular. Changing into a T shirt and jeans, a rare look for Jiao, she sprawled out on her magnificent bedspread that threatened to swallow her whole. Sinking into it, she allowed herself a few moments of bliss before beginning her work.

Closing her eyes she envisioned the hospital where the girl was at and attempted to send her astral self over to the hospital just to get a sense of the astral situation in the area. Were things okay and she just fucked up? Or was it a shitstorm that she couldn't do anything about? She really wanted to help this girl, but first she had to know if she could.

Zooming closer Jiao waited with bated breath. Please don't be stupid again....