NEWS

[5e IC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

  • 297 Replies
  • 30894 Views

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #60 on: (19:31:00/03-19-15) »
It's a tense few seconds.  Achak and Sister Rebecca set up posts on either side of the stairwell, Achak with his gunstock club held at the ready.  Then nothing.  Eventually, Sister Rebecca can hear the soft pad of footsteps making their way up the stairs, a brief moment of silence as the figure crosses the landing, and then the sound of steps again, as the figure makes its way up the last set of stairs to the third floor.  Four, maybe five steps from the top, it's difficult for even Achak to tell, the figure stops, and calls out in a heavily accented English, "Who the frag is up there?  You know who you're dealing with here?"
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3740
« Reply #61 on: (13:20:07/03-20-15) »
Achak pauses to assess the situation. He reaches out with his... he doesn't even know what to call it. It's almost like whiskers: he can feel things move all around him. He knows that the man came to a stop a few steps below the top of the stairs, likely within swinging distance if Achak were to pivot around the corner to club him.

He mentally goes through the options available to him. Spin around and swing? Good way to get shot: he's probably got his weapon at the ready. What have I got in my pockets... popper of Jazz? He imagines throwing it at the man, bouncing the small inhaler off his head. Unproductive. Damn! - I mean darn - it would be nice to have my Alpha with the flashbangs right about now.

<<@Team [Achak] Bec he's about three, three-and-a-half meters from the top of the stairs. Elijah, anything you can hack?>>

He exchanges a glance with Sister Rebecca, raising an eyebrow at the miniature standoff.

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #62 on: (13:27:42/03-20-15) »
<<@Team [3L1] On it.>>
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3844
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #63 on: (13:45:56/03-20-15) »
Staying quiet behind a doorframe, the lightly armored human listens to the heavy footsteps, and waits for a signal from her team on how to proceed. Soon, she gets the answer she's waiting for.

<<@Team [Achak] Bec he's about three, three-and-a-half meters from the top of the stairs. Elijah, anything you can hack?>>

Close enough to strike...

"Who the frag is up there?  You know who you're dealing with here?"

She spins quickly from her hiding place, sword held low but threateningly in her right hand. His aura doesn't look like the other two... Not wanting to kill anyone she doesn't absolutely have to, she'd far prefer giving him the option to run. She answers his question in a cold, threatening tone. "I know precisely who I am dealing with. Do you? Are you aware your masters are vampires, beasts, minions of Lucifer himself?" She briefly motions with her head toward the mockery of a man, laying twisted on the floor between them."I am not here for you, but should you stand between me and the fiends that God has sent me here to dispatch, you will share their fate." She levels the sword of Gabriel at him with both hands, speaking this last bit very slowly. "Stand down and leave this place, and the Lord may yet have mercy on your soul."

Fearing the what the panicked man may do with the grenade, she sends a quick message. <<@Team [Sister Rebecca] Hack the nade!>>
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #64 on: (16:33:52/03-20-15) »
Sister Rebecca sees the man's shotgun waver for a second.  If it's from the weight, or from his indecision is unclear, but he replies, "What the fuck you talking about 'vampires?'  This is fuckin' Yak turf, not some infected sinkhole, woman.  And right now, you're in priority housing, wiz?"  His last words are spoken with a bit of uncertainty, but he still fails to make use of either of his weapons.

<<@Team [3L1] Omae's rocking H level Link. Trouble.>>
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3844
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #65 on: (16:56:20/03-20-15) »
Sister Rebecca sees the man's shotgun waver for a second.  If it's from the weight, or from his indecision is unclear, but he replies, "What the fuck you talking about 'vampires?'  This is fuckin' Yak turf, not some infected sinkhole, woman.  And right now, you're in priority housing, wiz?"  His last words are spoken with a bit of uncertainty, but he still fails to make use of either of his weapons.

The sword does not drift an inch. "I am well aware of the Japanese Mafia that control this area. As are the demons who sit in this very building, protected by their umbrella. I care not for earthly politics.The ire of the Yakuza cannot hold a candle to the righteous glory of the Lord. My resolve is firm, and you have been warned. Now stand down, or die where you stand."
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #66 on: (17:11:49/03-20-15) »
The power of Sister Rebecca's words do not seem to move the man, but the content may.  She is unaware of the intricacies of a shatei's oath: whether loyalty to the organization or the leadership is of greater importance, but she can't help but feel that the man must have some inclination of what she's speaking of.  Why else would he not have fired by now?  At the same time, it doesn't appear as though he can see the corpse of the fallen vampire at her feet, and he takes no movements to lower his weapon.

"Your 'lord' means nothing here, gaijin.  The spirits of my ancestors surround me, and they give me strength.  Who told you this was a hole for the infected?"

A moment later, before Becca has a chance to respond, he barks something in Japanese.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3740
« Reply #67 on: (18:12:20/03-20-15) »
Achak keeps an eye on Sister Rebecca, ready to swing around the corner at a moment's notice if gunfire erupts. But for now she seems to have the man's ear, if not his mind. He encourages her to continue while he mulls over the possible meaning of Elijah's cryptic "h level".

<<@Sister Rebecca [Achak] Scripture tells us that we have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. Teach this man; exhort and encourage him! Remove the scales from his eyes so that he may see!>>

Poindexter

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3844
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #68 on: (22:42:53/03-20-15) »
"Your 'lord' means nothing here, gaijin.  The spirits of my ancestors surround me, and they give me strength.  Who told you this was a hole for the infected?"

A moment later, before Becca has a chance to respond, he barks something in Japanese.

He summons aid! Cut him down, now! Her grip tightens around the handle and she feels a slight surge in adrenaline course through her veins, but she stays her hand. Something about his mannerisms and tone of voice tells her he may still be reasoned with. Perhaps he calls reinforcements off, or assumes I am alone and gives incorrect info. This need not come to blood just yet. Choosing her words carefully, she speaks. "I was set on this path by the one who is called 'I AM.' The mortal voice who gave me this address need not be given name, for the evidence of his truth can be seen before you, oozing it's foul blood onto the carpet." Without lowering her guard a fraction of an inch, she takes three wide steps backward, giving the masked man room to inspect the flabby bodied corpse on the ground between them. "Check his mouth for yourself. See the fangs that mark him as servant of Satan. If, after seeing the truth, you still wish to block my path, I shall send you to join your ancestors and lend your strength to others."

"Leliel, how many allies does this man have?"
« Last Edit: (22:45:11/03-20-15) by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
« Reply #69 on: (22:53:47/03-20-15) »
Stake hears the man shout in Japanese, and it takes a moment for the words to get through the haze. Kamikaze did that to him sometimes.

<<@Team [Stake] He just shouted to his men to hold fire. Stay alert, but try to convince him to help us.>>
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal, Whisper

Allergies' Thread

Poindexter

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3844
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #70 on: (11:15:32/03-21-15) »
<<@Team [Stake] He just shouted to his men to hold fire. Stay alert, but try to convince him to help us.>>

Pleased with her restraint, she allows herself a small smile behind her helmet.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #71 on: (11:07:54/03-23-15) »
Leleil disappears down the stairs, and shortly returns zipping down the third floor hallway.  One. . .barely the spirit communicates to Sister Rebecca.

The man with the shotgun angles his head, trying to get a glimpse of what Sister Rebecca is trying to show him, but he holds his position, not wanting to step forward, and the effort proves futile.  "Show me," he says.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3740
« Reply #72 on: (15:18:06/03-23-15) »
Achak looks around for any signs of goons they might have missed, specifically anyone that the man on the stairs might be speaking to. Cameras, drones, concealed weapon mounts? It could certainly be a bluff, but if so why would he shout in Japanese and risk not having the intended target of the bluff understand? But for now his danger sense isn't tingling and Sister Rebecca hasn't been thumped with gunfire, so he's willing to let it play out. Sister Rebecca seems like she's on the brink of showing this guy the light, but one slip could send the situation spiraling. And what exactly is she going to show him? A speared vampire? Vampires aren't exactly externally obvious; other than being a bit pale and having pronounced canines, they pretty much look like other metahumans. Achak envisions an awkward scenario where Sister Rebecca has to drag the body over then pull back the upper lip to show the man ... what? Two pointed teeth that could be cosmetic? There's much stranger drek than that in any given club in the Barrens, and this man has probably seen it.

Or Stake could pull up behind this guy and drop him. Time would tell.

Poindexter

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3844
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #73 on: (21:06:01/03-23-15) »
"Show me,"

This is stupid! Cut that heathen down! The sight of that shotgun barrel is keeping Sister Rebecca's veins full of adrenaline. She knows she'll have less than an instant to act should it turn her way and begin to fire and the thought utterly terrifies her. She desperately wants to resort to violence; slice the man deep before he has a chance to fill this hallway with death, but she doesn't. Despite his blasphemous beliefs, this man does indeed care whether he is protecting demons or not. I cannot slay him unless he gives me no choice.

With a sigh, she shifts the sword into one hand and kneels down by the body of the deceased fat man, leaving her exposed and open to attack, should it come. She wirelessly activates the infared flashlight on her armguard, then with that hand, she reaches down to the man's face and pulls his upper lip away, revealing the beast's fangs. "Here. Look!" She gazes up at the masked man before her, hoping he's got low-light and vision mag in that mask of his. Otherwise, there's going to be blood really soon, here.
« Last Edit: (21:08:21/03-23-15) by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #74 on: (12:50:06/03-24-15) »
The man takes a single cautious step up, and arches his neck further.  "What, that?  Those are not like the fangs on the trids," he says harshly, but the shotgun dips low, and he does not immediately place it back on target.  "Intruder, I do not know what you think that proves, but . . ." his words trail off.

As Achak looks around him for the man's companion, he sees a slight glint in his thermo at the west end of the hallway.  It seems a man has post up there, mostly behind cover, though he's holding his position, and more importantly his fire.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal