NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

  • 1158 Replies
  • 83023 Views

8-bit

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
« Reply #180 on: (22:10:23/02-16-15) »
Am I facing a dice penalty due to the Personalized Grip on Achak's gun? Otherwise, here we go.

CT2, Action Pass 1; Acting on Initiative 19

No Action - Move to see bouncer who has hidden
Simple Action - Take Aim
Simple Action - Fire Burst Fire shot at him
Free Action - Send Text [Cut the power if you can; we'll use the spirit to flush out the vampires and hunt them down.]

Shooting the Ares Alpha in Burst Fire at the Bouncer (Agility 6 + Automatics 6 + Specialization 2 + Take Aim 1 + Wireless Smartlink 2): 17d6t5 8 [4, 3, 4, 6, 5, 5, 2, 3, 3, 6, 6, 3, 6, 2, 6, 1, 6]

Ahem. That worked well. Not sure what I'm limited to with Accuracy. Normally it is 6 (8), with the Personalized Grip that is fitted for Stake.

The Bouncer has a -2 to his defense roll. 3 Gel Rounds used in Clip; 39 remaining.
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal, Whisper

Allergies' Thread

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #181 on: (11:15:11/02-17-15) »
No dice penalty for the Personalized Grip, though the Accuracy is reduced by 1. 

The bouncer goes down and is out.  Feel free to post ICly what happens

CT 2 IP 1
Achak 24 (Hold)
Stake 19
Sister Rebecca 15
? 14
? 13
Thug 1 11

Sister Rebecca is up.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3844
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #182 on: (17:28:57/02-17-15) »
Move: to the railing
Simple: Command spirit (Go find me the nearest vampire and chase him toward the front exit.
Simple: Observe in detail (Look for vampires in the crowd below. Still astrally perceiving.) What's the roll for that? Assensing + will or something crazy like that?
Free: Message team (affirming change of plan and notifying that Gadreel has been sent.) IC post incoming.
« Last Edit: (18:31:17/02-17-15) by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3755
« Reply #183 on: (20:11:13/02-17-15) »
Simple: Observe in detail (Look for vampires in the crowd below. Still astrally perceiving.) What's the roll for that? Assensing + will or something crazy like that?

Assensing + Intuition. GM discretion whether any Perception modifiers (proximity, distractions, specifically looking, etc.) apply to Assensing rolls.

Poindexter

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3844
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #184 on: (21:49:56/02-17-15) »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #185 on: (12:03:05/02-18-15) »
Simple: Observe in detail (Look for vampires in the crowd below. Still astrally perceiving.) What's the roll for that? Assensing + will or something crazy like that?

Assensing + Intuition. GM discretion whether any Perception modifiers (proximity, distractions, specifically looking, etc.) apply to Assensing rolls.

I had always assumed Perception modifiers applied, but I never thought to give the +2 for Specifically Looking.  Still don't know how I feel about that one, as you're always Specifically Looking if you're Assensing something/someone.

We're going to go with this roll as it stands, and I'm going to continue to think.

In the crowd, Sister Rebecca sees 2 awakened, at pretty low levels, dancing away on the main floor.  Overall, the impression is very jumbled in the astral right now.  There's a lot of people down on the dance floor, and a lot of emotions, from chemically induced elation, to fear, to depression.  From the railing, Becca can see the Yak guard still standing near the stairwell, and there are 3 figures putting off strong fight or flight responses who are approaching his position from various parts of the dance floor.

ETA: where can I find info on Gadreel so that I can plug its Initiative score?
« Last Edit: (12:06:03/02-18-15) by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3755
« Reply #186 on: (12:44:41/02-18-15) »
Gadreel is an F2 fire spirit, which is easy to plug in to the tables on p. 303.

Astral initiative: 3d6 + 4
Physical initiative: 2d6 + 7

There are inconsistencies between the Initiative listed versus what you would compute given the listed Reaction+Intuition values. Specifically, spirits of man and fire supposedly have Intuition+1, which isn't reflected in their Initiative values. I don't think the issue has been errata'd or resolved anywhere, but I've always treated spirits as have Mental attributes equal to Force in all cases. Their values on the astral are equal to Force, after all, and I couldn't figure out why a spirit would become smarter or stupider (spirits of earth) just by materializing.

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #187 on: (13:10:57/02-18-15) »
Thanks, Tec.  I didn't know the type or force.

As for initiative weirdness, I think it better to apply REA+INT+Xd6 to calculate physical initiative, so that's what I'm doing.  Works for the opposition as well, of course.  In this case, Gadreel will be moving through the Astral and seeking out Szecheleys. 

CT 2 IP 1
Achak 24 (Hold)
Stake 19
Gadreel 16
Sister Rebecca 15
? 14
? 13
Thug 1 11

@8-bit, from Stake's current position, he's unable to see the shadowy figure at the gun check desk.

ETA: IC forthcoming, but it might take me a bit.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
« Reply #188 on: (13:14:06/02-18-15) »
@8-bit, from Stake's current position, he's unable to see the shadowy figure at the gun check desk.

That's what I assumed. Stake is waiting to see if the guy will poke his head out, otherwise, Stake might end up moving into the club to engage.
« Last Edit: (13:15:52/02-18-15) by 8-bit »
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal, Whisper

Allergies' Thread

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #189 on: (13:56:54/02-18-15) »
Rethinking posting order.  Poindexter, go ahead and get your IC in for Becca's actions, and then I'll post what's going on below, to the sides, and out front.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3844
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #190 on: (14:42:42/02-18-15) »
In the crowd, Sister Rebecca sees 2 awakened, at pretty low levels, dancing away on the main floor.  Overall, the impression is very jumbled in the astral right now.  There's a lot of people down on the dance floor, and a lot of emotions, from chemically induced elation, to fear, to depression.  From the railing, Becca can see the Yak guard still standing near the stairwell, and there are 3 figures putting off strong fight or flight responses who are approaching his position from various parts of the dance floor.

2 awakened, not dual natured, right?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #191 on: (16:10:01/02-18-15) »
Yes, just awakened. Odds wise, it's about what you'd expect.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #192 on: (10:58:33/02-19-15) »
OOC knowledge, but I'm going to share it anyway, the Bouncer glitched his defense test, so I'm ruling that one of Stake's gel rounds hit him right in his link, sending a shrill electronic ping through their shared communication's network.  Their comms will be down until the second pass of the next CT, and they're all facing a -1 modifier for the sharp jab they were just issued to their eardrums.

@Tecumseh, your held action triggers as the stairwell guard comes around the corner.

After that, we're into

CT 2 IP 2
Achak 14
Stake 9
Gadreel 6
Sister Rebecca 5
? 4
? 3
Thug 1 1
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
« Reply #193 on: (12:18:05/02-19-15) »
Since I want to wait for the mysterious figure to show himself, I will Delay Action.

CT 2, Action Pass 2; Acting on Initiative "?"

Delay Action - Trigger: Person shows himself by stepping into view; either checking the unconscious bouncer or wielding a weapon. Proceed to Normal Actions.

Free Action - Call a Shot to Vitals (-4 to Attack; +2 DV)
Simple Action - Take Aim
Simple Action - Fire Burst Fire

Otherwise: If person does not show themselves, move into the club and attempt to find them and take them down. Using same setup as above, if possible.
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal, Whisper

Allergies' Thread

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #194 on: (13:06:25/02-19-15) »
@8-bit, how long will you be waiting for the guy at the gun check desk to show himself?  End of pass?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal