NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

  • 1158 Replies
  • 80526 Views

Poindexter

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3844
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #165 on: (15:35:07/02-10-15) »
This guard being as close to me as he is, Becca dun need a roll or anything to spot his comm, right?
Can I message him if i wanted to? I've never been EXACTLY sure how that worked.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3740
« Reply #166 on: (20:11:46/02-10-15) »
Achak, upon hearing that Sister Rebecca had been spotted and was in the process of evading, would have two objectives:

1) Make sure that the top of the stairs / second floor was clear of guards. Based on the IC post, it sounds like it's just customers at the moment.
2) Position himself out-of-sight at the top of the stairs to set an ambush for anyone pursuing Sister Rebecca up the stairs. Based on this post I'm guessing this will be a wasted action, but it's what Achak would do ICly.

No Action: Walk around the corner to hide
Free Action: Drop Ares Crusader (on sling) and comm Sister Rebecca
Simple Action: Observe in Detail / Motion Sense
Simple Action: Ready Weapon (Gunstock Club)

He would use Motion Sense to detect if someone were following her up the stairs. Magic + Perception versus Threshold 1 to detect an average-size metahuman.
Magic 6 + Perception 6: 12d6t5 4 hits

He'll get his Gunstock War Club ready. He would use the flat side of it to go for a KO rather than a kill. I imagine this would negate AP. I'm fine with reducing the DV or the Accuracy as rednblack sees fit.

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #167 on: (20:33:03/02-10-15) »
This guard being as close to me as he is, Becca dun need a roll or anything to spot his comm, right?
Can I message him if i wanted to? I've never been EXACTLY sure how that worked.

I believe a Matrix Perception test would net Becca the commcode.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
« Reply #168 on: (17:16:27/02-11-15) »
Should I roll initiative for the next CT? I'll just post it here for when we get to it.

Initiative (Intuition 5 + Reaction 4 + 3d6): 9+3d6 19 [2, 2, 6]

Stake really needs to silence the bouncer before he crashes the whole security team on us. Can he quickly approach without dropping his weapon aim? Just trying to get a scope of what my options are, so I can plan my attack.
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal, Whisper

Allergies' Thread

Poindexter

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3844
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #169 on: (17:21:29/02-11-15) »
This guard being as close to me as he is, Becca dun need a roll or anything to spot his comm, right?
Can I message him if i wanted to? I've never been EXACTLY sure how that worked.

I believe a Matrix Perception test would net Becca the commcode.

Try and get the commcode from the guard: 4d6t5 0

not this time.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #170 on: (17:45:23/02-11-15) »
Should I roll initiative for the next CT? I'll just post it here for when we get to it.

Initiative (Intuition 5 + Reaction 4 + 3d6): 9+3d6 19 [2, 2, 6]

Stake really needs to silence the bouncer before he crashes the whole security team on us. Can he quickly approach without dropping his weapon aim? Just trying to get a scope of what my options are, so I can plan my attack.

Stake can certainly approach without his name. He won't even need to run.

I think we're ready of the next round of initiative rolls.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3740
« Reply #171 on: (18:29:47/02-11-15) »
Achak technically gets a third pass. I never heard officially if the guard is pursuing Rebecca up the stairs.

If so, Achak will continue to hold action with the intention to ambush.

If not, Achak will:
Free: Comm
Simple: More comming, probably
Simple: Observe in Detail

Observe in detail on the second floor, looking for additional guards, or customers that have noticed us and are reacting negatively, etc.
Intuition 6 + Perception 6 + Vision Enhancement 3: 15d6t5 4 hits

I'll wait to IC post until I hear what the situation is.

When it's time for Initiative:
Initiative for CT2: 3d6+13 24

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #172 on: (18:45:05/02-11-15) »
CT 1 IP 2
Achak 14
Stake 10
Bouncer 7
Sister Rebecca 1
Thug 1 2
Elijah 1


The guard does not pursue Sister Rebecca up the stairs, nor does the team hear him say anything over the din of the music.  Action is indeed to Achak, and Achak gets a third pass too.

CT 1 IP 3
Achak 4
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3844
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #173 on: (19:19:02/02-11-15) »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #174 on: (22:24:07/02-11-15) »
As we get into CT 2, I want to make sure I'm understanding things correctly.  Please note any corrections.

Becca and Achak are in the stairwell between the landing and the 2nd floor, and they're holding their position.  Achak is near the landing, so that he can knock out anybody coming up the stairs and has directed Becca to scope out the dance floor from the second floor.

Out front, Stake is just outside the club, after having been fired on by the bouncer, who has sought cover in the foyer.  He has reloaded his assault rifle with less-than-lethal rounds.

In the car, Elijah hasn't bothered to tell anyone what he's up to.

CT 2 IP 1
Achak 24
Stake 19
Bouncer 17
Sister Rebecca 15
? 14
? 13
Thug 1 11

Achak and Stake are up.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3740
« Reply #175 on: (01:45:19/02-12-15) »
Free: Comm
Complex: Delay action, waiting for things to develop

I hate having three IC posts in a row so I'm going to edit my last one to contain the CT2 IP1 communication.

Gadreel, as a refresher, was the name that Poindexter gave to Rebecca's F2 Fire Spirit (two services).

8-bit

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
« Reply #176 on: (02:09:37/02-12-15) »
CT2, Action Pass 1; Acting on Initiative 19

No Action - Move to see bouncer who has hidden
Simple Action - Take Aim? (not sure if I can)
Simple Action - Fire Burst Fire shot at him
Free Action - Send Text [Cut the power if you can; we'll use the spirit to flush out the vampires and hunt them down.]

Not sure if all of the above is doable, and I'll wait to roll the attack until I'm sure of modifiers. I'm not sure if my movement can nullify his cover.
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal, Whisper

Allergies' Thread

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #177 on: (12:52:20/02-12-15) »
@Tecumseh, feel free to condense multiple passes into a single post if there's no new info/actions to relate

@8-bit, you can certainly take aim and fire in the same pass.  Even without moving Stake can see the bouncer, though he's in Partial Cover.  He can keep his Ares trained on the bouncer as he moves and fire when cover is no longer an issue.  Is Stake moving inside the foyer, or is he staying outside?  By staying outside, he'll be basically against the front wall of the club when he fires, and will have cover himself.  The downside is that he won't be able to see inside the club really because of his angle.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
« Reply #178 on: (15:51:15/02-16-15) »
Sorry about being out this weekend. My weekends have gotten a lot busier recently, so I might not be able to participate as much around that time.

Stake will press himself against the front wall of the club. Being alive by having some cover seems a little more important than being able to see all the way inside.
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal, Whisper

Allergies' Thread

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #179 on: (17:03:27/02-16-15) »
No worries on the weekend. I'm not around much either.

As for the plan, sounds good. Make your rolls. You shouldn't be facing any negative modifiers.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal