Shadowrun

Shadowrun Play => Play-by-Post => Topic started by: Crossbow on (23:39:21/01-19-13)

Title: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (23:39:21/01-19-13)
Please use this OOC thread for any posting of rolls, questions and non-character commentary.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (08:42:52/01-20-13)
Modified the opening post to account for the fact that I have somehow convinced myself that all covert op specialists are elven.  My apologies to any ninja in the audience.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (09:39:12/01-20-13)
Here's my assensing rolls for all the others.  They are in the same way Crossbow described them (so first the two in each others arms, then the next group, and so on, with the one up as last).

assensing 3 + intuition 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=4, 6d6.hits(5)=3, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=0) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3875588/)

I spend one edge to reroll the last one (p74, use of edge to reroll all dice on a test that did not score a hit

assensing 3 + intuition 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3875598/)

That's it for this set of die rolls.
PS: maybe it's easier to keep the rolls in the IC, but in a spoiler tag.  That way they stay with the post they are rolled in.  I've done so in other games and I think it's easier.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (11:07:44/01-20-13)
That works, forgot spoiler tags
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (11:22:42/01-20-13)
I've copied the rolls into the IC.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (12:16:47/01-20-13)
ASSENSING RESULTS HAVE BEEN ADJUSTED TO ACCURATELY REFLECT RESULTS

Okay, first off that last roll was a critical glitch, not just a failure, so we will assume your spent edge downgrades it to a normal glitch and is still a failure, the effect of which is 2 boxes of unresistable stun, we will call it trying so much unfamiliar magical activity in your current state.

assensing results

Male human-Uninitiated adept with magic power equal to yours, good health, calm, no implants, rather bland and not someone you have ever met.

Female Ork-Mundane with signifigant loss of essence, about a third of a body's total capacity.  Currently calm, signs of recent minor muscle strain and superficial damage that has just recently been recovered from (She has been roughed up in the last day, with no serious effects) Again, a stranger to you.

Asian elf- Awakened, calm, unhurt.

Asian human-Mundane, calm, unhurt.

Elf next to you-Awakened mage that you are unfamiliar with, calm, unhurt.

Ginger Elf-Mundane, becoming somewhat agitated as his awareness increases, but otherwise unhurt.

Here's my assensing rolls for all the others.  They are in the same way Crossbow described them (so first the two in each others arms, then the next group, and so on, with the one up as last).

assensing 3 + intuition 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=4, 6d6.hits(5)=3, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=0) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3875588/)

I spend one edge to reroll the last one (p74, use of edge to reroll all dice on a test that did not score a hit

assensing 3 + intuition 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3875598/)

That's it for this set of die rolls.
PS: maybe it's easier to keep the rolls in the IC, but in a spoiler tag.  That way they stay with the post they are rolled in.  I've done so in other games and I think it's easier.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (18:05:41/01-20-13)
As far as the Con roll goes, by the way: just use that, and if you feel like it an opposed roll as an RP guide.  Using social skill mechanics between PCs is asking for trouble, and I didn't intend it that way.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (19:37:30/01-20-13)
Crossbow, since you have to roll for me at the moment, how do you want to work it?
I figure the best way would be for me to post what I want to roll in spoiler tags, you post the results and links here, and then I copy it over to the spoiler tags.
Sound feasible?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (19:48:50/01-20-13)
Sounds good, Or I can PM them to you, either way
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (19:55:25/01-20-13)
Posting them here allows another player that is waiting on that result to act on it sooner - handy if you and whatever poster have different active times..  Just a thought.

Also, would it be better to have it just be whoever's online to do it, given that the rolls are public anyways and we can easily put in a different character's name (with the standing policy that the rule counts only if the character name references the correct character, solving the one possible issue that does immediately come to mind)?  That way, we can keep going more easily if you're offline, because we only need to stop for actual GM input?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (20:00:59/01-20-13)
RHat's first point makes sense, but to the second point I think that the GM should solely be the one to handle such things. In any event, Crossbow's stats show he has activity in every hour slot, so I doubt we'd have to wait all that long.

Out of curiosity Crossbow, does the next person up have a window we should be looking at, or are they whenever?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:09:29/01-20-13)
RHat's first point makes sense, but to the second point I think that the GM should solely be the one to handle such things. In any event, Crossbow's stats show he has activity in every hour slot, so I doubt we'd have to wait all that long.

Out of curiosity Crossbow, does the next person up have a window we should be looking at, or are they whenever?

Fair and valid, I just figured I'd throw it out there for consideration.

And, for that matter, a follow-up to that question: are those of us who've been cleared to post free to keep going with the characters currently concious, or do we need to wait for each person to wake in turn?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:38:16/01-20-13)
Feel free to continue.  I will post something soon, but for the nonce it is you three.  No need to wait unless you need me.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:58:20/01-20-13)
You are easily able to find several rocks with sharp enough edges to as simple weapons and one thin and sharp enough to get between the hooded bodies to work at the restraints, it will be a few minutes work to gnaw the tough plastic through, regardless of position.

When the hoods are removed, the faces underneath are covered in duct tape, with gauze wadding poking out from the ears and mouth.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:12:53/01-20-13)
Okay, GM's No Prize at stake to the first person who can tell me why the description I just posted of your surroundings adds a new wrinkle to your plentiful problems.  PM answers will count for folks who can't post yet.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:23:12/01-20-13)
Also, please note if you scrolled past it too fast, assensing results have been modified.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (22:29:00/01-20-13)
We're in the middle of Salish-Shidhe territory aren't we?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:32:16/01-20-13)
We're in the middle of Salish-Shidhe territory aren't we?

I'm more worried about an Awakened predator.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (22:37:42/01-20-13)
We're in the middle of Salish-Shidhe territory aren't we?
I'm more worried about an Awakened predator.
Yeah we're unarmed and naked, but this group includes, from what I remember from the voting PM, two mages, two adepts, and a street sam. I think we can handle an animal. I'm more worried about an Ameridian patrol team with weapons, armor, vehicles and magic.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (22:47:48/01-20-13)
I sent this by PM to the GM before getting permission to post, but my "oh crap" realization from his description was that we're on the east side of the mountains. Which means we're a long way from home.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:56:19/01-20-13)
We're in the middle of Salish-Shidhe territory aren't we?
I'm more worried about an Awakened predator.
Yeah we're unarmed and naked, but this group includes, from what I remember from the voting PM, two mages, two adepts, and a street sam. I think we can handle an animal. I'm more worried about an Ameridian patrol team with weapons, armor, vehicles and magic.

Yeah, but their tech gives me something to work with.  Depending on how gear-dependant those guys are, we could be screwed if we run into a normal grizzly unarmed.  An Awakened variety is worse.  People opens up brand new options we don't have now, and gives us a chance to get progress towards being safer.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (23:00:59/01-20-13)
Thvor beat you to the no-prize by a tic or two Necrogigas, but that's the gist of it
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (23:20:24/01-20-13)
Thvor beat you to the no-prize by a tic or two Necrogigas, but that's the gist of it
Dammit, and I was gonna put it on my shelf too.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (23:31:53/01-20-13)
Thvor beat you to the no-prize by a tic or two Necrogigas, but that's the gist of it

Yay! The no-prize is mine! Bwa-ha-ha!

Oh, wait, we're still out in the back end of nowhere, with no gear at all. Crap.

And I guess we now know why the GM was telling us not to worry too much about getting our gear perfect. ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:52:56/01-20-13)
Thvor beat you to the no-prize by a tic or two Necrogigas, but that's the gist of it

Yay! The no-prize is mine! Bwa-ha-ha!

Oh, wait, we're still out in the back end of nowhere, with no gear at all. Crap.

And I guess we now know why the GM was telling us not to worry too much about getting our gear perfect. ;)

Hands up if you're glad the team's Matrix specialist doesn't rely on a comm!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (00:41:52/01-21-13)
I'm glad I didn't tie everything into gear, that's for sure.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:57:55/01-21-13)
Yeah.  On a side note, and as word of warning, Fionn's not going to be of much use for a little bit once his freakout hits full swing.  He's only managing to stay functional due to a combination of shock and refusing to consider the worst possible implications of the fact that he can't feel a Matrix connection.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (01:07:51/01-21-13)
That should be interesting.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:09:58/01-21-13)
That should be interesting.

Interesting in a "very not good" way, but yes.  Much fun will be had.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (01:14:49/01-21-13)
I don't know if Hydro's character will notice or not, but I need to throw in an addendum of my character's physical description for the GM.

My character has prison tats on his chest. Hydro's comment about looking for markings made me realize that I'd overlooked that detail in my previously submitted description. As such, I don't have any hard details about the tats or their overall significance just yet. Open to suggestions about that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (01:17:33/01-21-13)
With 3 hits, I'm pretty sure she would notice prison tats. She probably won't be able to place them with the proper gangs, but she should know they're from the pen.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (02:06:35/01-21-13)
Something I haven't done before, but now is the time (and it's something my character would do): rank everybody on 'yumminess'.  Now we're all naked, it makes it so much easier  :D  ::)

Next is that my character has no clue whatsoever as to where we are.  It's not Seattle, it's any other city or location she knows and that's about all she can tell.

Last, @Crossbow: I assume some of the others might know me, if they have certain knowledge skills.  I'll let you check who does and who doesn't.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (02:42:12/01-21-13)
Something I haven't done before, but now is the time (and it's something my character would do): rank everybody on 'yumminess'.  Now we're all naked, it makes it so much easier  :D  ::)

Next is that my character has no clue whatsoever as to where we are.  It's not Seattle, it's any other city or location she knows and that's about all she can tell.

Last, @Crossbow: I assume some of the others might know me, if they have certain knowledge skills.  I'll let you check who does and who doesn't.

Fionn, not so much with the knowing who you are.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (03:09:40/01-21-13)
If anyone has a police, correctional, or Redmond background, they might be vaguely aware of my character. (Notoriety 6, Public Awareness 2)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (05:57:43/01-21-13)
Also:  I make no apologies for the in-character Gaelic, helps the character seat in my head.  I also don't remotely pretend to know Gaelic, I just make use of the tools available to me - aka Google.  In most cases, rough meaning should be clear from context.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (06:08:14/01-21-13)
Don't worry about it, I'm sure I'll put some Japanese in there as well.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (06:19:43/01-21-13)
Well, I'd like to welcome everyone to the Fionn Freaks the Fuck Out train.  Next stop:  No one knows!

If you want a reference to his speech patterns right now, think Mordin from Mass Effect 2 and 3 when he starts hypothesizing or gets off on a tangent.  His behaviour's flat out weird right now, but not violent or invasive.  I did not explicitly state that he dropped the sharp rock so I have to proceed as if he didn't, but he won't offer any resistance if someone takes it out of his hand - he's pretty much forgotten he's holding it, so as he moves he might get a couple of shallow scratches across his right leg.

Also, now that he's in this state he's performing a Detect Hidden Node action after threading up a Scan Complex Form (Threading test, Fading test (6d6.hits(5)=1, 12d6.hits(5)=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3876908/) - only get Scan 1, but on the upside don't take damage) - this is a general search for any node within 400m that is within its own Signal range of him, and is an extended test with a difficulty of at least 15 and an interval of 1 Combat Turn.  The area is a dead zone, but that does not rule out the presence of hidden wireless devices that just can't reach the rest of the Matrix - for example, Fionn's bio-node.

[spoiler]
Detect Hidden Node, Interval 1 combat turn. (5d6.hits(5)=1, 5d6.hits(5)=3, 5d6.hits(5)=2, 5d6.hits(5)=3, 5d6.hits(5)=1, 5d6.hits(5)=2, 5d6.hits(5)=2, 5d6.hits(5)=0, 5d6.hits(5)=0, 5d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3876924/)

And, just shy before the critical glitch ends the test.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (07:23:14/01-21-13)
If anyone has a police, correctional, or Redmond background, they might be vaguely aware of my character. (Notoriety 6, Public Awareness 2)

For me it's more knowledges on trids, celebrities and stuff like that.  People with the media junkie negative quality will probably know me immediately.

EDIT: I've just reread the fame positive quality (which I have) and from what I've seen you should almost all know me.  So you know her as Samantha Delavine (hence Sammy), a trid actress who has played in a number of films and series, including Neil the Orc Barbarian, Karl Combatmage, and who has gotten an Oscar Nomination for her role as Sevelda in the trid Dragons in the Mist (2071).  She also did the voice in the VR game based on the trid.
I'll post the full filmography later.

The delay in recognizing her (I'd rather not adapt all those posts  :) ) can come from the fact that we are in strange surroundings and maybe still a bit dizzy from whatever took us out.

Quote
From Runner's Companion:
People around the country recognize the character by face and name almost automatically.


Also:  I make no apologies for the in-character Gaelic, helps the character seat in my head.  I also don't remotely pretend to know Gaelic, I just make use of the tools available to me - aka Google.  In most cases, rough meaning should be clear from context.

Don't worry about that (at least not from me).  We do that all the time in our tabletop sessions.  I once read through a 50 page document from the Department of Defense to add some fluff to a character.  :-[  A couple of words of Gaelic are not much compared to that.
BTW: can you PM me a couple of links you use.  I have a tabletop character who speaks Gaelic as well.  Might be fun.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (08:44:26/01-21-13)
I'd like to add that I find it illuminating that Clem never considered that Fionn might have had a reason for looking for a specific answer.  Also, the things he's saying are a little bit more than just insane ramblings, though they may be hard to understand - essentially, his mind's processing as much data as it can possibly take in to compensate for the effect of the dead zone, as he no longer has the background data flow of the Matrix running through his brain. 

In any case, I need to find out about the visible condition of everyone from Crossbow before I can continue in that line of action.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (09:05:25/01-21-13)
I get that, but my character doesn't. She thinks Fionn is clueless and has gone insane. Think about it: some naked, ginger technomancer is giving lip to a pissed off ork woman who clearly doesn't want to give up more details than she needs to at this point. A few moments ago she thought she had been sold to organised crime, and nothing has really proven to her that nobody in this group is in on this. Clem can't really make any other conclusions right now.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (09:06:26/01-21-13)
Something I haven't done before, but now is the time (and it's something my character would do): rank everybody on 'yumminess'.  Now we're all naked, it makes it so much easier  :D  ::)

For his part, Sam's a pretty average-looking human, with a very forgettable face. Nice guy, very easy to like, but he wouldn't stand out in a crowd. Ever.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (09:17:02/01-21-13)
Something I haven't done before, but now is the time (and it's something my character would do): rank everybody on 'yumminess'.  Now we're all naked, it makes it so much easier  :D  ::)

Sorry I haven't addressed this before. I'm guessing Sammy looked at Clem while she was evaluating her "yumminess", so here's a quick physical description: About 6'1", probably over 100Kg, wavy brown hair about shoulder length. She looks quite athletic yet lean for an ork and has a relatively small chest. Definitely of Asian descent, although probably a mix of some sort. High on her left thigh is a tattoo of a crane, which pretty much looks like one of these:
(http://wafuku.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/dsc00396.jpg?w=655)
If you have any underworld knowledge, that tattoo might ring a bell.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (09:50:25/01-21-13)
Damn, you guys have been busy, I do have to sleep sometime y'know :)   I will get everything caught by days end and we can start the next round of silliness, consider yourselves at effectively a timestop IC though.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (09:57:01/01-21-13)
Ok since work was hell friday and weekend never gives me enough time, I've only recently given the GM the 20 questions stuff.

So a desciprion of my sleeping form.

Pale skinned and scrawny, you know the standard elf look. He's about 6'10" with loose strawberry blonde hair hanging over his eyes. No tattoos though has a fine web of scars on his left temple.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (11:53:24/01-21-13)
Damn, you guys have been busy, I do have to sleep sometime y'know :)   I will get everything caught by days end and we can start the next round of silliness, consider yourselves at effectively a timestop IC though.

Sure, no problem.  I'm out of my mind anyways, looking around in the astral.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (12:49:22/01-21-13)
Something I haven't done before, but now is the time (and it's something my character would do): rank everybody on 'yumminess'.  Now we're all naked, it makes it so much easier  :D  ::)

Next is that my character has no clue whatsoever as to where we are.  It's not Seattle, it's any other city or location she knows and that's about all she can tell.

Last, @Crossbow: I assume some of the others might know me, if they have certain knowledge skills.  I'll let you check who does and who doesn't.

O'Connor, 19 years old, but doesn't look it, stands at 6'0" (1.83 m) and weights about 180 lbs. (81.65 kg.). He's caucasian, with brown eyes and brown hair kept in a buzzcut. He has a plain face with a shallow cleft chin and a crooked nose that's been broken a few too many times. He has an athletic build, with a musculature that emphasizes speed over power. He has a light scattering of scars across his body from old knife and gunshot wounds. Across his chest is a prison tattoo reading, C-Block Crashers, with three knife symbols underneath.

Currently he's body is covered in bruises and his nose is broken, at least that's what I gathered from have three physical damage centered around the face translates to.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (13:07:06/01-21-13)
I am still getting things together [and dealing with Real Life at the moment], but since Gorean has already posted I will remove the gags from Novocrane and irisheathen to post OOC too and let all three know to get their first IC post ready. BUT DO NOT POST IT YET.  The next IC posts from players will be from them, but I have some other things going as well.  In the meantime feel free to continue making any descriptors or what not that seem relevant, but keep it OOC, okay? thanks!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (17:03:52/01-21-13)
Hydro, how obvious is your character's cybernetics? My guy isn't prejudiced against cybers, but he'll use anything at his disposal when making taunts or jabs.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (17:26:46/01-21-13)
You can't see she's had any work done in her at all.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (18:23:32/01-21-13)
Rhat, are you spending edge to downgrade the critical glitch? Physical wellness is that beside O'Connor and the Oriental Elf that is still restrained every one seems fine, those two carry minor physical wounds that easily blend into bodies that look like they have seen plenty of wear and tear.

Outside the two who volunteered their Tats, the rest seem uninked.  The only available covering is the bags that were on the mages and the discarded tape and gauze.

farothel, I will be getting into more detail in the IC post I am writing, but you do understand the kind of patrol you are describing it will be difficult to find technological items at all unless there is a great mass like a community, and even then you would be hard pressed to determine something specific about it.  You won't even get distance, except in terms of landmarks (to the left of the river, before you get to that mountain), direction and relative distance are the best you can do in the astral.  Just being clear, this will take a bit.

As of right now, I have O'Connor standing over the two men and other than removing the bag I have the other guy still bound and taped and gauzed and forgotten because of the distraction of Torley and Clem (not enough would have passed to free both mages)

After I give a report to Sammy on the intial results of her search the others will awaken.  Did I miss anything?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (18:25:08/01-21-13)
Johnny is about 5'6" and a VERY fit 150 lbs Asian human. He has brown eyes and black hair (usually slicked back into a pompadour but Its quite messy right now.) He has Mandrian writing spirialing up from his wrists to his elbows and from his ankles to about mid calf. He has some burn scars on his back. Currently Johnny is also brusied on his face and abdomen. He would be considered a handsome man by some.

Novo feel free to Pm me tonight (work till 10-11ish tonight EST) will hopefully be posting after.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:26:16/01-21-13)
Rhat, are you spending edge to downgrade the critical glitch? Physical wellness is that beside O'Connor and the Oriental Elf that is still restrained every one seems fine, those two carry minor physical wounds that easily blend into bodies that look like they have seen plenty of wear and tear.

Outside the two who volunteered their Tats, the rest seem uninked.  The only available covering is the bags that were on the mages and the discarded tape and gauze.

Not worth it to downgrade (especially since it costs me extra to do so due to my Paragon) - and the glitch is fun for the Freakout Train.

As far as Commanding Voice goes:  Maybe I should just use that as a Teamwork Test on a Composure test to get to a moderately more coherent state?  Work for you, Crossbow?

I get that, but my character doesn't. She thinks Fionn is clueless and has gone insane. Think about it: some naked, ginger technomancer is giving lip to a pissed off ork woman who clearly doesn't want to give up more details than she needs to at this point. A few moments ago she thought she had been sold to organised crime, and nothing has really proven to her that nobody in this group is in on this. Clem can't really make any other conclusions right now.

I get that - I was saying I found it illuminating as to the character.  I will point this out, though - she'd almost certainly be aware that he takes a risk by revealing that to a bunch of complete strangers.  He actually started getting angry with her about it, which is when I made the Composure roll that sent him down the proverbial rabbit hole.  As an OOC point, he was hoping to find out if she had any cyberware, if it was still working, and if it would have wireless for him to search for so that he could at least see that his abilities were still there.  Which lead to him confronting the notion that they might not be, and in his reckoning that's worse than death.  Hence the freakout.

For physical description:

Fionn's pretty tall, being after all an Elf, but he doesn't have a lot on his frame.  He actually looks a little undernourished, like he either doesn't bother to eat often enough or just can't get food often enough.  Longish red hair, green eyes, no visible markings on his body.  Carried himself pretty confidently before the panic got ahold of him.  He's pretty young, too - looking at him, you'd figure 20 plus or minus 2.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:51:12/01-21-13)
Rhat, are you spending edge to downgrade the critical glitch?

Not worth it to downgrade (especially since it costs me extra to do so due to my Paragon) - and the glitch is fun for the Freakout Train.

As far as Commanding Voice goes:  Maybe I should just use that as a Teamwork Test on a Composure test to get to a moderately more coherent state?  Work for you, Crossbow?

Don't sweat it, since you opted not to negate the critical glitch, it won't be an issue...Mwah ha ha...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:55:39/01-21-13)
Rhat, are you spending edge to downgrade the critical glitch?

Not worth it to downgrade (especially since it costs me extra to do so due to my Paragon) - and the glitch is fun for the Freakout Train.

As far as Commanding Voice goes:  Maybe I should just use that as a Teamwork Test on a Composure test to get to a moderately more coherent state?  Work for you, Crossbow?

Don't sweat it, since you opted not to negate the critical glitch, it won't be an issue...Mwah ha ha...

...

And there's the "unless it makes for a good story" part of the "Extended Tests and Glitching" rules.  :P
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (21:16:10/01-21-13)
As of right now, I have O'Connor standing over the two men and other than removing the bag I have the other guy still bound and taped and gauzed and forgotten because of the distraction of Torley and Clem (not enough would have passed to free both mages)

Well, Fionn's sitting down flipping out, Torley's standing up near him, and I believe Clem's standing, trying to cover her assets. (Torley's not bothering to cover up, for what that's worth.)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:17:29/01-21-13)
As of right now, I have O'Connor standing over the two men and other than removing the bag I have the other guy still bound and taped and gauzed and forgotten because of the distraction of Torley and Clem (not enough would have passed to free both mages)

Well, Fionn's sitting down flipping out, Torley's standing up near him, and I believe Clem's standing, trying to cover her assets. (Torley's not bothering to cover up, for what that's worth.)

Indeed.  Though, through the aid of Commanding Voice, Fionn's condition is improving a bit.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:23:11/01-21-13)
As of right now, I have O'Connor standing over the two men and other than removing the bag I have the other guy still bound and taped and gauzed and forgotten because of the distraction of Torley and Clem (not enough would have passed to free both mages)

Well, Fionn's sitting down flipping out, Torley's standing up near him, and I believe Clem's standing, trying to cover her assets. (Torley's not bothering to cover up, for what that's worth.)

Indeed.  Though, through the aid of Commanding Voice, Fionn's condition is improving a bit.

No it isn't :)  I have posted the next IC post, I want to give a chance for each of the three remaining to introduce themselves, but then we are going right into something, so don't start interacting IC yet.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:23:56/01-21-13)
As of right now, I have O'Connor standing over the two men and other than removing the bag I have the other guy still bound and taped and gauzed and forgotten because of the distraction of Torley and Clem (not enough would have passed to free both mages)

Well, Fionn's sitting down flipping out, Torley's standing up near him, and I believe Clem's standing, trying to cover her assets. (Torley's not bothering to cover up, for what that's worth.)

Indeed.  Though, through the aid of Commanding Voice, Fionn's condition is improving a bit.

No it isn't :)  I have posted the next IC post, I want to give a chance for each of the three remaining to introduce themselves, but then we are going right into something, so don't start interacting IC yet.

Hm.  So it would seem.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:45:30/01-21-13)
While we are waiting, let me get Perception rolls from Torley, O'Connor (can I start using your street tag yet?) and Clem.  I don't think the roll is different for each sense, but if you have a mod that matters for that sing out.

Thvor, if I can get you to go ahead roll and post the Perception for Necrogigas I would consider it a favor.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (21:52:03/01-21-13)
Torley's perception check:
[spoiler]
10d6.hits(5)=3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3878242/)
visual specialization: 2d6.hits(5)=0 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3878245/) (no help there)
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (21:57:56/01-21-13)
O'Connor (can I start using your street tag yet?)
If you wish.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (22:07:38/01-21-13)
O'Connor's perception check:
Quote
6d6.hits(5)=3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3878293/)

Gee, he gets half my dice and the same net result.  :o
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:08:55/01-21-13)
O'Connor's perception check:
Quote
6d6.hits(5)=3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3878293/)

Gee, he gets half my dice and the same net result.  :o

Look at the Recent Rolls page.  I got that result with 16 dice.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:16:43/01-21-13)
O'Connor (can I start using your street tag yet?)
If you wish.

I will leave it for you for now, I have kept myself from typing it three times so far though, so if it slips thru, I apologize in advance.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:27:42/01-21-13)
While we are on the subject of rolls, I though I should share my intention for handling such:

If I ask for a roll from you, I will try and apply any situational modifiers I can think of, but if I don't think of them I may apply them on the back end , either by rolling them myself or taking an appropriate number off the end of the roll.  As I believe I have already shown with startling clarity how bad I am at this, feel free to jump in and offer any additional adjustments.

All that said, I am not a slave to dice, I can, I have and I will throw out rolls that make no real sense, or possibly go without rolling at all something you might feel differently about.  I will also throw in a gamemasters fiat at times. I can promise you that I won't use any of this to kill or harm characters, except in extreme circumstances  That said, if you guys can't trust me as a GM to use this power for the benefit of the story, let me know now.

Why we are on THAT subject, when we go to rounds and I ask for initiative, the way I want to do this is to have you declare your action for the first pass when you report your initiative roll. That is not to say you cannot change things if circumstances warrant, like the guy you are shooting getting blown to kibble by someone faster, but it will keep to a minimum completely rewriting the plan between seconds. 

Any questions of this stuff?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (22:30:43/01-21-13)
O'Connor (can I start using your street tag yet?)
If you wish.
I will leave it for you for now, I have kept myself from typing it three times so far though, so if it slips thru, I apologize in advance.
Even when my character starts using his runner alias, I'll still be using O'Connor in the narrative perspective since that's his name and Bullet Storm is just an alias.

Any questions of this stuff?
No...actually yes, what's about to attack us?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (22:31:40/01-21-13)
Wow, far from the good rolls I was having yesterday. Intuition 4 + Perception 5 (9d6.hits(5)=0) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3878359/) at least there is no glitch.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:56:25/01-21-13)
Any questions of this stuff?
No...actually yes, what's about to attack us?

That, my friend, will wait for the morrow, at least for me, as it seems the new guys are not going to post tonight.  Good night, pleasant dreams....Mwah-ha-ha! ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:59:24/01-21-13)
Any questions of this stuff?
No...actually yes, what's about to attack us?

That, my friend, will wait for the morrow, at least for me, as it seems the new guys are not going to post tonight.  Good night, pleasant dreams....Mwah-ha-ha! ;D

So, once they do post, do we not post anything until you get a chance to?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (23:20:27/01-21-13)
I'm fairly sure that's what he meant. Also I will be posting tonight I just work late.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:21:30/01-21-13)
I'm fairly sure that's what he meant. Also I will be posting tonight I just work late.

Expect so, was just hoping to get a confirmation before he logged off.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (23:26:33/01-21-13)
Any questions of this stuff?
No...actually yes, what's about to attack us?
That, my friend, will wait for the morrow, at least for me, as it seems the new guys are not going to post tonight.  Good night, pleasant dreams....Mwah-ha-ha! ;D
If its an Awakened Grizzly, I blame RHat.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:31:27/01-21-13)
Any questions of this stuff?
No...actually yes, what's about to attack us?
That, my friend, will wait for the morrow, at least for me, as it seems the new guys are not going to post tonight.  Good night, pleasant dreams....Mwah-ha-ha! ;D
If its an Awakened Grizzly, I blame RHat.

At this point, I'm guessing I might have set something off with the Detect Hidden Node critical glitch.  That said:  Haven't you always wanted to punch a bear?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (23:47:12/01-21-13)
I'm fairly sure that's what he meant. Also I will be posting tonight I just work late.

Expect so, was just hoping to get a confirmation before he logged off.
consider yourself confirmed
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (01:55:06/01-22-13)
I'm fairly sure that's what he meant. Also I will be posting tonight I just work late.

Expect so, was just hoping to get a confirmation before he logged off.
consider yourself confirmed

Okay, so will not post.  But Sammy is going to change her plans though.  If there's a bridge, there should be a road which she can follow towards civilisation.  If I read this astral stuff correct, a road through the forest will show up as a strip of less vegetation, so less auras.  That should be easy to follow.  Unless of course my watcher spirit calls me back.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (09:30:43/01-22-13)
The last guy is really going for a "fashionable" late arrival ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (10:32:28/01-22-13)
You know, it really is telling how many of my players are waking up thinking they passed out at a bar, especially considering the lack of alchohol addiction on the character sheets.  Anybody got some interesting real world stories they want to share with the class?

 ;D :-X ;D

PS  I got the next posts written, as soon as Gorean reposts his intro we are shifting gears, warm up your dice.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (10:52:28/01-22-13)
I don't recall mentioning any specific repeated substance / program abuse. :P
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (11:12:15/01-22-13)
Ok so I failed my summons. Got taunted by an air spirit, but at least no noise bleed. ;-)
[spoiler]
summoning gets 1 hit (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879183/)

Spirit resist with 3 hits (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879184/)

drain resist with 3 hits (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879185/)
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (11:49:15/01-22-13)
Everyone but Sammy and Mystech roll Willpower.   Clem, O’Connor and Torley additionally roll an Initiative test to resolve Surprise, no bonus.  You can then roll initiative as normal but it may be impacted by the Howl, those three are the only ones with a chance to respond to the attackers this round.

Mystech is too far gone to be of any use and Sammy will not be involved at the moment, on the bright side, they can’t be affected by the Howl either.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (11:53:15/01-22-13)
Roll to resist Howl (5d6.hits(5)=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879229/)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (12:02:07/01-22-13)
Torley's rolls:

[spoiler]
Willpower: 2d6.hits(5)=0 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879235/)
Surprise: 4d6.hits(5)=3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879236/)
Initiative: 4d6.hits(5)=3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879238/), for a total initiative score of 10.
[/spoiler]

Torley's not very happy with that howl. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (12:03:45/01-22-13)
Will Test
Willpower 3 + Edge 3 - CM Penalty 2 = Pool 4

Surprise Test
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 - CM Penalty 2 = Pool 9

Normal Initiative
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 - CM Penalty 2 = Pool 9

No matter what, at the first chance my character goes on Full Dodge and moves to stand at the head of the group.

This having others roll for me is getting annoying. I can roll on invisible castle as a guest, just can't link the rolls to a campagin, but the character name can still be tracked.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (12:06:46/01-22-13)
Will Test
Willpower 3 + Edge 3 - CM Penalty 2 = Pool 4

Surprise Test
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 - CM Penalty 2 = Pool 9

Normal Initiative
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 - CM Penalty 2 = Pool 9

No matter what, at the first chance my character goes on Full Dodge and moves to stand at the head of the group.

This having others roll for me is getting annoying. I can roll on invisible castle as a guest, just can't link the rolls to a campagin, but the character name can still be tracked.
[spoiler]
4d6.hits(5)=1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879247/)
9d6.hits(5)=2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879248/)
9d6.hits(5)=6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879249/)
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (12:09:13/01-22-13)
Mystech is too far gone to be of any use and Sammy will not be involved at the moment, on the bright side, they can’t be affected by the Howl either.

Thank the gods for small favours.  I'll join in as soon as my watcher warns me I guess.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (12:10:35/01-22-13)
Will Test
Willpower 3 + Edge 3 - CM Penalty 2 = Pool 4

Surprise Test
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 - CM Penalty 2 = Pool 9

Normal Initiative
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 - CM Penalty 2 = Pool 9

No matter what, at the first chance my character goes on Full Dodge and moves to stand at the head of the group.

This having others roll for me is getting annoying. I can roll on invisible castle as a guest, just can't link the rolls to a campagin, but the character name can still be tracked.
[spoiler]
4d6.hits(5)=1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879247/)
9d6.hits(5)=2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879248/)
9d6.hits(5)=6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879249/)
[/spoiler]

I used Edge on the Will Test, so the code should've been 4d6.hitsopen(5, 6)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (12:14:36/01-22-13)
Will Test
Willpower 3 + Edge 3 - CM Penalty 2 = Pool 4

Surprise Test
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 - CM Penalty 2 = Pool 9

Normal Initiative
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 - CM Penalty 2 = Pool 9

No matter what, at the first chance my character goes on Full Dodge and moves to stand at the head of the group.

This having others roll for me is getting annoying. I can roll on invisible castle as a guest, just can't link the rolls to a campagin, but the character name can still be tracked.
[spoiler]
4d6.hits(5)=1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879247/)
9d6.hits(5)=2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879248/)
9d6.hits(5)=6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879249/)
[/spoiler]

I used Edge on the Will Test, so the code should've been 4d6.hitsopen(5, 6)

Sorry, missed that. Since I only rolled one six for you on the first pass (*crosses fingers*):
1d6.hitsopen(5,6)=0 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879255/)

Dang. Alternatively, if the GM is willing to accept a re-roll based on my mistake:
4d6.hitsopen(5,6)=1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879256/) ... no better.  :'(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (12:15:44/01-22-13)

No matter what, at the first chance my character goes on Full Dodge and moves to stand at the head of the group.

This having others roll for me is getting annoying. I can roll on invisible castle as a guest, just can't link the rolls to a campagin, but the character name can still be tracked.

No need for the dodge at this point, the woodline is 100m away, they aren't THAT fast.

That actually is a good point, forgot about guest rolls, go with that from now on, I am not trying to be a complete jerk
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (12:18:21/01-22-13)
Willpower test & Initiative
[spoiler]"Everyone but Sammy and Mystech roll Willpower" (3d6=[1,3,4]) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879254/)

Initiative (-2) roll (8d6.minroll(7).hits(5) + 8d6.hits(5)=9) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879911/)[/spoiler]

(also, moist?)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (12:23:31/01-22-13)
Mystech is too far gone to be of any use and Sammy will not be involved at the moment, on the bright side, they can’t be affected by the Howl either.

Thank the gods for small favours.  I'll join in as soon as my watcher warns me I guess.

That reminds me, the watcher should roll Willpower as well. It can hear the howl too.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (12:29:09/01-22-13)
Willpower test
[spoiler]"Everyone but Sammy and Mystech roll Willpower" (3d6=[1,3,4]) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879254/)[/spoiler]
 :o

A better way to to that is Xd6.hits(5), Necro also showed how to do Rule of 6 rolls.  Does anyone know off hand if initiative would be Xd6+X.hits(5) or Xd6.hits(5)+X  ?  I usually just add it myself afterwards, but I was curious.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (12:29:42/01-22-13)
Willpower: 2d6.hits(5)=1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879265/)
Using edge :2d6.hitsopen(5,6)=1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879714/)
Total: 2 hits  :'(
(rolled as guest because invisible castle wont let me register)
So yeah... maybe Johnny's dream was prophetic?  :-\
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (12:35:36/01-22-13)
Does anyone know off hand if initiative would be Xd6+X.hits(5) or Xd6.hits(5)+X  ?  I usually just add it myself afterwards, but I was curious.

Just did a quick test; Xd6.hits(5)+X seems to just add X in as an extra die value, which is counted as a hit if it's 5 or more:

7d6.hits(5)+7 → [5,4,6,1,6,4,6,7] = (5)

Clearly not right. I also tried Xd6.hits(5)+Xd6.hits(1), hoping that it would count the second batch as X hits...but it doesn't. It rolls all the dice together and applies the first hits() rule to all of them.  :o

So it looks like the proper way to handle initiative is to roll using Xd6.hits(5), and then manually add the X yourself. *sigh* I'm going to use their contact form to see if we can get this fixed. ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (13:00:31/01-22-13)
Mystech is too far gone to be of any use and Sammy will not be involved at the moment, on the bright side, they can’t be affected by the Howl either.

Thank the gods for small favours.  I'll join in as soon as my watcher warns me I guess.

That reminds me, the watcher should roll Willpower as well. It can hear the howl too.

As he is currently manifested, yes he can.
willpower 1 (1d6.hits(5)=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879309/)

He makes it, who would have guessed with willpower 1  ???  ???
So he can at least warn me.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (13:11:13/01-22-13)
Initiative roll - 9
6d6.minroll(6).hits(5) + 6d6.hits(5)=9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879319/)

I figured out a way to get invisible castle to add your stat is it do it as garunteed hits so
xd6.minroll(6).hits(5) + xd6.hits(5) so the first x dice will auto roll 6's and then the second x will be rolled and both rolls will be joined and the hits counted.

edit
slight modification to make it easier to read
xd6.minroll(7).hits(5) + xd6.hits(5)
by making the minroll 7 it's easier to see the stats "rolls"
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (18:15:10/01-22-13)
So here are the rolls:

Willpower: Willpower 3 (3d6.hits(5)=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879710/) so a full house on that one
Surprise: Reaction 7 + Intuition 5 (11d6.hits(5)=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879711/) 3 hits on the surprise
Initiative: Reaction 7 + Intuition 4 (11d6.hits(5)=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879715/) so 3 hits everywhere

So, an initiative score of 14 and no glitches.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (18:27:23/01-22-13)
So, attacked by (I'm guessing) Awakened wolves, with two members of the group not able to do anything.  File under "bad for us"?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (18:33:29/01-22-13)
So, attacked by (I'm guessing) Awakened wolves, with two members of the group not able to do anything.  File under "bad for us"?
I think they're barghests..
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (18:39:45/01-22-13)
So, attacked by (I'm guessing) Awakened wolves, with two members of the group not able to do anything.  File under "bad for us"?
I think their barghests..

Possibility.  Still under the "bad for us" column.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (18:45:03/01-22-13)
Bad for the characters? Yes. Entertaining? Sounds like it!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (19:47:01/01-22-13)
Okay so anyone who rolled less than 2 successes on the Willpower check, reduce your reaction by that amount, so either 1 or 2 points with a corresponding loss to initiative.  If your Reaction goes to zero (like the watcher, sorry sammy it isn't coming to get you yet)  you are paralyzed for, effectively, the duration of this fight.

Clementine is the only one who can move against the barghests this round.  The rest of you can act, but keep it to what you could accomplish in a round.

Hydro, your init beat the critters so you move right after the howl takes effect and there are at least two barghests in the woods, post your action, the rest of you can post at will.  I believe Clementine gets two passes correct?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (20:23:34/01-22-13)
Should be three. Is everyone untied and on their feet? And you said the beasts are about 100m away from the group?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:32:09/01-22-13)
Should be three. Is everyone untied and on their feet? And you said the beasts are about 100m away from the group?

Sammy's gonna be on the ground because she's gone astral (and not getting warned by her Watcher Spirit yet), Fionn's on the ground and not getting up.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:59:15/01-22-13)
Should be three. Is everyone untied and on their feet? And you said the beasts are about 100m away from the group?

Because of one's suprise roll the best you can do is act against two.  I said they are in the woods and I said the woods are about a hundred meters away, yes.

Standing, free and aware-Clementine, O'Connor and and Torley

Standing, free and unaware- The ginger Elf (AKA Fionne or Mystech)

Prone, free and unaware- Sammy

Prone, NOT FREE and aware of just how bad things are getting- Johnny, Icarus and Heron

(By the way Gorean, roll 2 more dice to resist the Howl, I forgot about the gauze and tape, that actually helps a bit)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (21:43:24/01-22-13)
Can I post my actions in the IC thread?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:55:11/01-22-13)
Can I post my actions in the IC thread?

That is my expectation, I will do a lot of the number crunching stuff here, but the story of what you do goes over there.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (22:03:11/01-22-13)
Okay so anyone who rolled less than 2 successes on the Willpower check, reduce your reaction by that amount, so either 1 or 2 points with a corresponding loss to initiative.  If your Reaction goes to zero (like the watcher, sorry sammy it isn't coming to get you yet)  you are paralyzed for, effectively, the duration of this fight.

Well, guys, I'm afraid that's Torley frozen in fear. :P Good luck, and please don't let them eat me!  :D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (22:15:05/01-22-13)
Just to check; we're all naked, but nothing in the way of cyber has been removed?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (22:27:32/01-22-13)
So to recap we have three guys still tied up, one out in the astral, one freaking the fuck out, and one paralyzed in fear.

So that leaves O'Connor and Clem to fight three barghests...great  :-\.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:33:26/01-22-13)
Just to check; we're all naked, but nothing in the way of cyber has been removed?

That is correct.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:34:36/01-22-13)
So to recap we have three guys still tied up, one out in the astral, one freaking the fuck out, and one paralyzed in fear.

So that leaves O'Connor and Clem to fight three barghests...great  :-\.

A badass gotta do what a badass gotta do  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (22:36:08/01-22-13)
So to recap we have three guys still tied up, one out in the astral, one freaking the fuck out, and one paralyzed in fear.

So that leaves O'Connor and Clem to fight three barghests...great  :-\.
A badass gotta do what a badass gotta do  :)
Oh ha ha. O'Connor might be a cocky idiot, but I don't like his chances.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (22:44:09/01-22-13)
Basically warning the rest of the group and trying to finish cutting the restraints. If the beasts get close (when they get to half the distance between them and the woods), even if she's not done cutting she'll let it go and get into position.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:49:29/01-22-13)
You have no chance to clear the restraints in time.  The barghest is fast enough to cover the distance in two actions running full out. You need a minute, at least, to free them.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:09:43/01-22-13)
So to recap we have three guys still tied up, one out in the astral, one freaking the fuck out, and one paralyzed in fear.

So that leaves O'Connor and Clem to fight three barghests...great  :-\.

Mind you, one of those guys that's bound should be the other mage if I remember the roster right.  And Fionn wouldn't be much use here anyways.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (23:14:06/01-22-13)
Clarifying the IC post, O'Connor and Clementine are each hit with one male barghest's fear power, which when I rolled I forgot to reduce by 2 dice while running, resulting in each getting 2 hits on their half of the Opposed Tests.  These powers are again resisted by Willpower or you will run away.  They then both failed to resist all of the pack leader's continuing howl.  Which all of the same folks will need to resist again. Gorean, remember to roll 2 extra dice for the wadding in your character's ears.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (23:19:52/01-22-13)
Willpower 3 (3d6.hits(5)=0) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3880120/) no hits on the will resist, but no glitch. Edge reroll: Willpower 3 (3d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3880129/) that was a gamble, but seems it paid off.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (23:23:31/01-22-13)
Clementine stands firm, you still need to resist the second howl.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (23:26:05/01-22-13)
[spoiler=Fear Resist]
Willpower 3 + Edge 3 - CM Penalty 2 = Pool 4

4d6.openhits(5,6) = 1 hit (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3880111/)

So much for being a badass...

God dammit, I've spent 2 Edge in two turns and no sixes on either roll. Guess luck isn't with me today.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Howl Resist]
Willpower 3 - CM Penalty 2 = Pool 1

1d6.hits(5) = 1 hit (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3880118/)

Reaction penalty increases to -2.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (23:32:37/01-22-13)
Willpower 3 (3d6.hits(5)=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3880147/) so one hit, meaning -1 to reaction.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (23:33:40/01-22-13)
What is the CM penalty you keep rolling?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (23:36:02/01-22-13)
Hydroraven, Clem is up again for her second pass, I assume she is moving to intercept?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (23:36:47/01-22-13)
The Condition Modifier, you started me with 3 Physical damage and 4 Stun damage, so I'm suffering a -2 penalty to everything but damage resistance.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (23:47:33/01-22-13)
The Condition Modifier, you started me with 3 Physical damage and 4 Stun damage, so I'm suffering a -2 penalty to everything but damage resistance.

Okay that is why I have been confused, first of all I thought you were at -3 for wounds, but you are right about that part, but you don't use that penalty for ANY resistence test.  Roll those extra dice dude.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (23:53:34/01-22-13)
Dunno if Torley even gets to try, but...

2d6.hits(5)=1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3880155/)

Oh, hey, a hit. So he'd only be down to -1 reaction. :)

Of course, I'd like to note to the group that he probably wouldn't have been much help in this regardless--going tooth & nail with magical beasts, naked? That's not his department.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (23:54:22/01-22-13)
Hydroraven, Clem is up again for her second pass, I assume she is moving to intercept?

That's right.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (23:55:34/01-22-13)
The Condition Modifier, you started me with 3 Physical damage and 4 Stun damage, so I'm suffering a -2 penalty to everything but damage resistance.

Okay that is why I have been confused, first of all I thought you were at -3 for wounds, but you are right about that part, but you don't use that penalty for ANY resistence test.  Roll those extra dice dude.

Oh sweet

[spoiler=Fear Resist]
2d6.hitsopen(5,6) = (1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3880158/)

So that's a total of two hits.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Howl Resist]
2d6.hits(5) = (0) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3880159/)

So that one doesn't change.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (00:01:11/01-23-13)
Okay, one final IC post and then I go to bed.  For the three who can, please post about any suprise round actions you are taking, then everyone rolls initiative (except Torley, Sam, and Fione)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (00:46:20/01-23-13)
[spoiler=Fear Resist]
3d6.hits(5) = (2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3880203/)
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Initiative]
Thvor rolled for me earlier.
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 - CM 2 = Pool 9
9d6.hits(5) = (6) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879249/)

Original Initiative = 15

Now with the howl penalties, Initiative = 13
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (00:56:46/01-23-13)
So if I understand correctly, the beast that was charging my character fell and injured itself? How far away from Clem is it? Could she run to it and get a shot at it before the next round?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (00:59:03/01-23-13)
Okay, one final IC post and then I go to bed.  For the three who can, please post about any suprise round actions you are taking, then everyone rolls initiative (except Torley, Sam, and Fione)
To be clear, we've entered the second initiative pass of the combat round right?

So of I understand correctly, the beast that was charging my character fell and injured itself? How far away from Clem is it? Could she run to it and get a shot at it before the next round?
The tree line was 100 meter away. In one round a barghest can move, flat out, 50 meters. So I'm fairly sure its out of range.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (01:20:42/01-23-13)
So just to double check I need to roll willpower again?
2d6.hits(5)=0 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3880230/)
Crap.
Rolling edge
2d6.hits(5)=0 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3880274/)
Ok now I'm outta edge.
Ok and then roll initiative?
9d6.hits(5)=2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3880262/)
Crap again.

If Johnny isn't frozen in fear, if Johnny can get up before the GIANT KILLER DOGS get to him, can Johnny fight with his hands tied since he is a martial artist? You know before the banshee dog screams again.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (01:36:49/01-23-13)
So of I understand correctly, the beast that was charging my character fell and injured itself? How far away from Clem is it? Could she run to it and get a shot at it before the next round?
The tree line was 100 meter away. In one round a barghest can move, flat out, 50 meters. So I'm fairly sure its out of range.

I just don't want to make any assumptions.

If Clem sees she's too far to reach the beast, she'll look around her for a makeshift weapon and wait for the beasts to get closer. Whichever beast gets close enough for her to get to in one IP and strike she'll go to.

Here's a perception roll for any weapons nearby. Perception 5 + Intuition 4 (9d6.hits(5)=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3880345/)
And here's the Initiative roll Reaction 7 + Intuition 4 - 1 (10d6.hits(5)=6) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3880352/) which gives Clem a 16.

Wow, Invisible Castle must really love me today!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (01:49:08/01-23-13)
Okay, one final IC post and then I go to bed.  For the three who can, please post about any suprise round actions you are taking, then everyone rolls initiative (except Torley, Sam, and Fione)

And Sammy neither I guess, as she's not there (mentally that is).  She will notice as soon as one of those barghests takes a bite out of her.

Question: if you're paralysed, can you still take mental actions (like matrix actions)?  If so, the watcher can go back to the astral.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (04:09:20/01-23-13)
willpower test to rest howl. (7d6.hits(5)=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3880338/)
Initiative roll for round 2 (6d6.minroll(7).hits(5) + 6d6.hits(5)=9) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3880344/)

So I'll post up once the rest of initiative is done.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (05:57:53/01-23-13)
So if I understand correctly, the beast that was charging my character fell and injured itself? How far away from Clem is it? Could she run to it and get a shot at it before the next round?

Okay answering overnight questions.

You are correct that is the gist of what happened, as stated elsewhere (Thank you Necrogigas), the male coming at Clementine fell before completing the movement for the round, so he did not quite reach midfield between you and the treeline.  This puts him roughly out of range to be able to close with you in one round, if he were inclined to do so which that limp makes less than likely.

You cannot cover nearly the ground a barghest can, two rounds of flat out running would still leave you well short of him.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (06:10:59/01-23-13)
Okay, one final IC post and then I go to bed.  For the three who can, please post about any suprise round actions you are taking, then everyone rolls initiative (except Torley, Sam, and Fione)
To be clear, we've entered the second initiative pass of the combat round right?

Yes, so you have another IP set of actions you can complete if you wish.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (06:26:27/01-23-13)
So just to double check I need to roll willpower again?
...
If Johnny isn't frozen in fear, if Johnny can get up before the GIANT KILLER DOGS get to him, can Johnny fight with his hands tied since he is a martial artist? You know before the banshee dog screams again.

Yes, the willpower roll was needed again for everyone.  Johnny is, at the moment, not only bound, but has his arms wrapped around another person (Icarus).  If that situation is not resolved you will be at serious penalties to do ANYTHING, especially if you and Icarus are not working together.

You have yet to state any suprise round actions, so you have a chance to do SOMETHING if you post it soon.  Remember, the Paralying Howl reduces your Reaction, which reduces your intiiative score and the dice you roll.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (06:34:27/01-23-13)
If Clem sees she's too far to reach the beast, she'll look around her for a makeshift weapon and wait for the beasts to get closer. Whichever beast gets close enough for her to get to in one IP and strike she'll go to.

So you are moving to get at the one charging O'Connor.  The rocks are the only available weapons, which are like clubs without any reach.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (06:39:53/01-23-13)
Question: if you're paralysed, can you still take mental actions (like matrix actions)?  If so, the watcher can go back to the astral.

I would say no because of the nature of the barghest's howl.  I will give you the freebie to not worry about it anyway though, barghests are dual natured, that Watcher is a snack either way. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (07:37:30/01-23-13)
Okay, one final IC post and then I go to bed.  For the three who can, please post about any suprise round actions you are taking, then everyone rolls initiative (except Torley, Sam, and Fione)
To be clear, we've entered the second initiative pass of the combat round right?
Yes, so you have another IP set of actions you can complete if you wish.
What's the initiative order anyway?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (07:50:25/01-23-13)
Okay, one final IC post and then I go to bed.  For the three who can, please post about any suprise round actions you are taking, then everyone rolls initiative (except Torley, Sam, and Fione)
To be clear, we've entered the second initiative pass of the combat round right?
Yes, so you have another IP set of actions you can complete if you wish.
What's the initiative order anyway?

For you it really didn't make a difference because you couldn't act against the barghests anyway, I thought I saw a post of you trying to smack some sense into Fione, but I guess you pulled it.  You have a full actions worth of IP passes that you can get through if you want, but your options are kind of limited.  You have 3 or 4 passes too don't you?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (08:02:20/01-23-13)
So just to double check I need to roll willpower again?
...
If Johnny isn't frozen in fear, if Johnny can get up before the GIANT KILLER DOGS get to him, can Johnny fight with his hands tied since he is a martial artist? You know before the banshee dog screams again.

Yes, the willpower roll was needed again for everyone.  Johnny is, at the moment, not only bound, but has his arms wrapped around another person (Icarus).  If that situation is not resolved you will be at serious penalties to do ANYTHING, especially if you and Icarus are not working together.

You have yet to state any suprise round actions, so you have a chance to do SOMETHING if you post it soon.  Remember, the Paralying Howl reduces your Reaction, which reduces your intiiative score and the dice you roll.

I'm not going to roll again.  That watcher has no edge and only 1 die, so no way to get 2 successes.  :-[  And as soon as he's one short, he's paralyzed, so there's no need to roll.  Unless the amount of successes changed and I missed it somewhere.  There's a lot of posts coming out, so I might have missed one.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (08:03:36/01-23-13)
Okay, one final IC post and then I go to bed.  For the three who can, please post about any suprise round actions you are taking, then everyone rolls initiative (except Torley, Sam, and Fione)
To be clear, we've entered the second initiative pass of the combat round right?
Yes, so you have another IP set of actions you can complete if you wish.
What's the initiative order anyway?
For you it really didn't make a difference because you couldn't act against the barghests anyway, I thought I saw a post of you trying to smack some sense into Fione, but I guess you pulled it.  You have a full actions worth of IP passes that you can get through if you want, but your options are kind of limited.  You have 3 or 4 passes too don't you?
I have four passes.
I pulled that post because I got D&D and Shadowrun crossed and though running was a complex action and not a free one. So the barghrest would've acted out both of their initiative passes before I could have made that post in the second initiative pass, and now I'm waiting for Hydro to post Clem's actions for the second pass.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (08:07:45/01-23-13)
So just to double check I need to roll willpower again?
...
If Johnny isn't frozen in fear, if Johnny can get up before the GIANT KILLER DOGS get to him, can Johnny fight with his hands tied since he is a martial artist? You know before the banshee dog screams again.

Yes, the willpower roll was needed again for everyone.  Johnny is, at the moment, not only bound, but has his arms wrapped around another person (Icarus).  If that situation is not resolved you will be at serious penalties to do ANYTHING, especially if you and Icarus are not working together.

You have yet to state any suprise round actions, so you have a chance to do SOMETHING if you post it soon.  Remember, the Paralying Howl reduces your Reaction, which reduces your intiiative score and the dice you roll.

I'm not going to roll again.  That watcher has no edge and only 1 die, so no way to get 2 successes.  :-[  And as soon as he's one short, he's paralyzed, so there's no need to roll.  Unless the amount of successes changed and I missed it somewhere.  There's a lot of posts coming out, so I might have missed one.  :)

On the upside, if the Watcher gets munched, you get to be aware of it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (08:18:08/01-23-13)
I have four passes.
I pulled that post because I got D&D and Shadowrun crossed and though running was a complex action and not a free one. So the barghrest would've acted out both of their initiative passes before I could have made that post in the second initiative pass, and now I'm waiting for Hydro to post Clem's actions for the second pass.

Clem is looking for a suitable weapon and delaying her action until one of the two barghests gets close enough to attack.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (08:24:47/01-23-13)
I have four passes.
I pulled that post because I got D&D and Shadowrun crossed and though running was a complex action and not a free one. So the barghrest would've acted out both of their initiative passes before I could have made that post in the second initiative pass, and now I'm waiting for Hydro to post Clem's actions for the second pass.

Clem is looking for a suitable weapon and delaying her action until one of the two barghests gets close enough to attack.

Isn't Clem still holding one of the rocks
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (08:26:54/01-23-13)
I have four passes.
I pulled that post because I got D&D and Shadowrun crossed and though running was a complex action and not a free one. So the barghrest would've acted out both of their initiative passes before I could have made that post in the second initiative pass, and now I'm waiting for Hydro to post Clem's actions for the second pass.

Clem is looking for a suitable weapon and delaying her action until one of the two barghests gets close enough to attack.

Isn't Clem still holding one of the rocks


She is, but on the off chance there was a pointy stick or something, she looked around.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (08:28:39/01-23-13)
How's Clem's throwing arm?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (08:37:57/01-23-13)
How's Clem's throwing arm?

It's OK, but I still want that rock in hand-to-hand.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (09:31:45/01-23-13)
If my wording didn't make the game mechanics obvious, "taking a defensive stance" means O'Connor's going on Full Dodge.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (11:58:44/01-23-13)
Rerolled initiative taking into account the -2
7d6.hits(5)=2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3880638/) so total should be 9 instead of 11

Do I need to roll anything to untangle johnny from the elf he's attached to?
As soon as Johnny is free he will move to put himself in between the group and the beasts.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (14:13:44/01-23-13)
Okay, there seems to be a couple of levels of confusion going on that I need to try and clear up. :'(

This may be my misreading of the suprise rules, but I am giving everyone the chance to take actions in the first round the barghests attacked, the ones that can anyway (so everyone but Sammy and Mystech, and later when he got paralyzed Torley).  It was just that none of you could act against the critters except Clementine.  I know why things got confused, because I only had the three standing roll initiative, but that was because I was doing their suprise checks at the same time, and I was actually trying to KEEP things from getting confused by having everyone roll initiative and take actions in order.  That didn't work apparently, sorry I won't do it again.  :(

I just read what I wrote and I probably confused everyone even worse, nevermind...WE ARE WAITING ON GOREAN AND NOVOCRANE TO POST ACTIONS FOR THIER CHARACTERS AND THEN EVERYONE WILL ROLL INITIATIVE FOR THE SECOND ROUND OF COMBAT.  Understand?  Good   :-\  8)

The other confusion came from me getting too cute with how folks got bound up, but dammit I am gonna keep that train rolling... >:(  ??? :)  irisheathen, you cannot completely untangle your character from Novocrane's without getting one of the two of your sets of restraints removed.  You can work one arm over his head, which isn't a bad idea and won't really require a roll if he is not fighting you on it, even if he was, it probably wouldn't THAT tough for you.  This will not get you completely free though, what it will do, along you putting his arm over your head, is get your hands in front of you, but you will still be linked, like a chain, with your hands out front.  (At least I assume they will be out front, since I would bet at least one of you would have problem with your hands being close to the other's junk)   :o :-* ;D

Anybody else confused?  Good!    :-X ::)  :D

By the way, did I mention I like smileys?  ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (14:18:43/01-23-13)
In the first PbP game I played here (which died when the GM suddenly stopped logging into the forum... :o), the GM would call for initiative rolls and then post the "official" initiative order, so that everyone knew a) when everyone else had rolled initiative, and b) when they were supposed to post their action. Seemed to work well.

Just a suggestion to consider.  8)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (14:33:22/01-23-13)
In the first PbP game I played here (which died when the GM suddenly stopped logging into the forum... :o), the GM would call for initiative rolls and then post the "official" initiative order, so that everyone knew a) when everyone else had rolled initiative, and b) when they were supposed to post their action. Seemed to work well.

Just a suggestion to consider.  8)

Dude I was in that game, I didn't want to plagerize :) 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (15:37:23/01-23-13)
Dude I was in that game, I didn't want to plagerize :)

Heh. Sorry, didn't remember who was in and who wasn't. :) But using a GM trick that someone else has used isn't plagiarism (if it were, anyone using Invisible Castle would be guilty of copying the first person to do so...whoever that was...); that'd only come up if you did something like, oh, borrow their plot lines.  8)

Anyhow, keep rolling those glitches for the puppies...I really don't want Torley to get mauled.  ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (15:46:31/01-23-13)
But using a GM trick that someone else has used isn't plagiarism (if it were, anyone using Invisible Castle would be guilty of copying the first person to do so...whoever that was...); that'd only come up if you did something like, oh, borrow their plot lines.  8)

Would I do that? /me flings a copy of The Blood over my shoulder
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (15:53:40/01-23-13)
Sorry I was under the impression that Clem had cut Icarus's bonds and was working on Johnny's when the barghests attacked. As is I will just amend my last post to before the second howl (my surprise round action.) Let me know when you want the initiative roll or feel free to use my last one. :) Johnny's next move will be to look for a rock to cut Icarus's bonds.
PS getting ideas from other popular media isn't plagiarizing either. Creative license.  ;) Like the game so far really different, scary but different.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (15:59:09/01-23-13)
Dude I was in that game, I didn't want to plagerize :)

Heh. Sorry, didn't remember who was in and who wasn't. :) But using a GM trick that someone else has used isn't plagiarism (if it were, anyone using Invisible Castle would be guilty of copying the first person to do so...whoever that was...); that'd only come up if you did something like, oh, borrow their plot lines.  8)

Anyhow, keep rolling those glitches for the puppies...I really don't want Torley to get mauled.  ;D

Besides, we will need some way to keep track of initiative with eight players, otherwise it will be a lot of chaos (I've seen what happened in a tabletop with 6 when we didn't, and there people were actually in the same timezone).  :)

And glitches are very nice, keep 'em coming.  :)

I have the feeling I'm one of the few in Europe, so every morning I will have a lot of posts to go through.  No worries though, it gives me something to do while my computer is working on something else.  8)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (18:20:49/01-23-13)
In the first PbP game I played here (which died when the GM suddenly stopped logging into the forum... :o), the GM would call for initiative rolls and then post the "official" initiative order, so that everyone knew a) when everyone else had rolled initiative, and b) when they were supposed to post their action. Seemed to work well.

Just a suggestion to consider.  8)

Dude I was in that game, I didn't want to plagerize :)

"Good writers borrow, great writers steal outright".

If it works, use it, I'd say.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (19:01:51/01-23-13)
Besides, we will need some way to keep track of initiative with eight players, otherwise it will be a lot of chaos (I've seen what happened in a tabletop with 6 when we didn't, and there people were actually in the same timezone).  :)

And glitches are very nice, keep 'em coming.  :)

I have the feeling I'm one of the few in Europe, so every morning I will have a lot of posts to go through.  No worries though, it gives me something to do while my computer is working on something else.  8)

I'm all the way in Japan, so you're not alone in your own time zone :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:41:50/01-23-13)
Besides, we will need some way to keep track of initiative with eight players, otherwise it will be a lot of chaos (I've seen what happened in a tabletop with 6 when we didn't, and there people were actually in the same timezone).  :)

And glitches are very nice, keep 'em coming.  :)

I have the feeling I'm one of the few in Europe, so every morning I will have a lot of posts to go through.  No worries though, it gives me something to do while my computer is working on something else.  8)

I'm all the way in Japan, so you're not alone in your own time zone :)

And while I'm in Western Canada, my hours are just weird as hell.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:22:11/01-23-13)
Okay, executive action being taken, check the IC post and roll initiative for round two.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (22:36:01/01-23-13)
[spoiler=Initiative]
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 - CM 2 - Howl 2 = Pool 7

7d6.hits(5) = 1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3881324/)

Initiative Total: 8
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (22:37:45/01-23-13)
Iris(h), I was under the same impression.
Breaking the bonds won't be an issue, if later tonight (Australia time) isn't too late.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:52:41/01-23-13)
Iris(h), I was under the same impression.
Breaking the bonds won't be an issue, if later tonight (Australia time) isn't too late.

You sir, are giving me a headache. :P ;) :)  If you do post later tonight, I will delete the IC post I made, in the meantime, roll initiative
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (23:14:21/01-23-13)
It's ok you seem to have magically freed us already.  :o  8)

Initiative: 7d6.hits(5)=0 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3881386/)
Total: 7
Wow it got worse.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:17:35/01-23-13)
I'm beginning to develop suspicions about the Invisible Castle pseudo-random number generator.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (23:22:51/01-23-13)
I don't doubt it at all its just like my dice in real life.  :-[

I'll hold off posting my next action till Novo posts Icarus's surprise round action.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (23:27:48/01-23-13)
Torley's initiative roll:

0d6= None (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3881401/)

Huh, didn't know the Castle would actually allow that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (23:51:16/01-23-13)
Iris(h), I was under the same impression.
Breaking the bonds won't be an issue, if later tonight (Australia time) isn't too late.

My mistake guys, I might've jumped the gun on that one. My fault, I apologize  :-[
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (00:28:35/01-24-13)
So far I got Clementine on 16, Johnny, Heron, the Alpha and the wounded male on 9, O'Connor on 8 and the remaining Barghest on 7.

Still need an roll from Icarus.

How many passes do you all have?

Going to bed now, see ya.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (00:31:18/01-24-13)
2 passes
I'm off to bed as well.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (00:33:09/01-24-13)
3 passes for Clem.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (01:42:13/01-24-13)
4 passes for O'Connor.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (01:54:16/01-24-13)
I have 3 IP while astral, and I'll come running back (at 6000 km/h according to the book apparently  :o ) as soon as my watcher dies or I get wounded (as you feel that on your astral form as well).  My astral initiative is equal to my physical initiative (makes it easy to remember :) ).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (02:34:08/01-24-13)
I have 3 IP while astral, and I'll come running back (at 6000 km/h according to the book apparently  :o ) as soon as my watcher dies or I get wounded (as you feel that on your astral form as well).  My astral initiative is equal to my physical initiative (makes it easy to remember :) ).

Seeing as these things are dual-natured, are you able to blast them from the astral?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (02:38:47/01-24-13)
Heron has one pass in meatspace, goes up to 3 in astral space.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (02:54:56/01-24-13)
I do wish someone had nudged Sammy or something. This looks like an uphill battle.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (02:58:56/01-24-13)
I do wish someone had nudged Sammy or something. This looks like an uphill battle.

...  Did anyone pull her body out of the way to clear a combat area?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (03:02:47/01-24-13)
I don't think they did.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (03:58:46/01-24-13)
I do wish someone had nudged Sammy or something. This looks like an uphill battle.

Nah. As long as Clem, O'Connor and Johnny can take the barghest in the lead, the wounded one isn't getting a look in.
Though if you think the three can't take it, tell me and i'll take the risky option.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (06:07:25/01-24-13)
Initiative
[spoiler]
Initiative (-2) roll (8d6.minroll(7).hits(5) + 8d6.hits(5)=9) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3879911/)[/spoiler]
Quote
How many passes do you all have?
3 passes here.

Apologies! (and again for posting without seeing Crossbow's afk-support post)

If there's anything else I seem to have missed, let me know.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (07:30:59/01-24-13)
I have 3 IP while astral, and I'll come running back (at 6000 km/h according to the book apparently  :o ) as soon as my watcher dies or I get wounded (as you feel that on your astral form as well).  My astral initiative is equal to my physical initiative (makes it easy to remember :) ).

Seeing as these things are dual-natured, are you able to blast them from the astral?

Yes, with mana spells (like stunbolt).  But I'm away, I don't even know there's barghests.  :'(  :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (07:57:42/01-24-13)
I have 3 IP while astral, and I'll come running back (at 6000 km/h according to the book apparently  :o ) as soon as my watcher dies or I get wounded (as you feel that on your astral form as well).  My astral initiative is equal to my physical initiative (makes it easy to remember :) ).

Seeing as these things are dual-natured, are you able to blast them from the astral?

Yes, with mana spells (like stunbolt).  But I'm away, I don't even know there's barghests.  :'(  :(

But when you do show up, you get to fight at Astral speeds.  While vertically out of reach.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (08:02:49/01-24-13)
Okay, Icarus has joined the crowd at 9, let me get all the actions for the first pass including O'Connor since I think you are doing a full defense and will need to go ahead and roll that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (08:08:06/01-24-13)
Clem's plan hasn't changed: she'll delay her actions and wait for the first beast to be close enough for her to attack it. However, if she sees that the beast is stopping before she can reach it, she'll tell the others to follow her and she'll go meet it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (08:15:35/01-24-13)
Heron is going to sit up and give the closest barghest (I think that's the unwounded one) a stunbolt between the eyes.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (09:28:50/01-24-13)
Heron is going to sit up and give the closest barghest (I think that's the unwounded one) a stunbolt between the eyes.

It is the unwounded one, go ahead and make that happen with the rolling of dice, yours will be the first action.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (09:32:56/01-24-13)
This is also the attacker that seems to be bearing down on O'Connor.  Is Clementine intending to take the charge for him and get an attack in or just trying to hit him as he passes her?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (09:48:49/01-24-13)
I was thinking more of an intercept/hit it as it passes.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (09:52:55/01-24-13)
I was thinking more of an intercept/hit it as it passes.

Okay then, the difference is that you get a bonus for taking the charge and a penalty for going for it as it passes, with the upside being you aren't the one getting hit, so I can see the benefit :)


What are Johnny and Icarus doing?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (10:00:48/01-24-13)
Post-zips? Moving toward whatever passes for a front line, then delaying until at least one barghest is closer.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (10:31:22/01-24-13)
So I didn't do as well as I hoped on the rolls (needed 1 more success to drop it). So the lead barghest is still moving albeit barely.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (10:34:45/01-24-13)
[spoiler=Full Dodge]
Dodge 9 + Dodge 9 + Reaction 8 - CM 2 - Howl 2 = Pool 22

22d6.hits(5) = 10 hits (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3882407/)
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (12:10:25/01-24-13)
Not meaning to seem unfair, but let me handle resistance tests for the bad guys.  There may be modifiers you miss or don't know about, this one was my bad again, I should have been clearer that I meant to handle the Drain with the casting.  You will need to edit your post.


Barghest resist: Will3 (3d6.hits(5)=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3882385/)

So barghest takes a F8 stunbolt with one net success for 9 points of stun.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (12:24:53/01-24-13)
Johnny really wants to shut up the howling one, so he'll charge her if he isn't impeded. The other two are wounded and other wise engaged right?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (12:43:52/01-24-13)
Johnny really wants to shut up the howling one, so he'll charge her if he isn't impeded. The other two are wounded and other wise engaged right?

You can, but it will take you a few movement actions, the two trailing are about 40 meters away.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (13:05:58/01-24-13)
Ok sounds like alot of running so the second option, rocks as throwing weapons. Grab rocks then hurl them with (hopefully) deadly force.

I love rabbits. They obviously have burrows all over this field and the beasts are stepping right into them.
Does Johnny need to roll against the fear?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (13:17:49/01-24-13)
Ok sounds like alot of running so the second option, rocks as throwing weapons. Grab rocks then hurl them with (hopefully) deadly force.

I love rabbits. They obviously have burrows all over this field and the beasts are stepping right into them.
Does Johnny need to roll against the fear?

Okay, based on standard grenade ranges you can walk up and be in long rangefor your Strength, I will worry about damage if you hit, but you will certainly draw the attention of the one you throw at.

The Alpha failed to get a hit, so no need to resist.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (17:02:20/01-24-13)
Dude I was in that game, I didn't want to plagerize :)

Heh. Sorry, didn't remember who was in and who wasn't. :) But using a GM trick that someone else has used isn't plagiarism (if it were, anyone using Invisible Castle would be guilty of copying the first person to do so...whoever that was...); that'd only come up if you did something like, oh, borrow their plot lines.  8)

Anyhow, keep rolling those glitches for the puppies...I really don't want Torley to get mauled.  ;D

Besides, we will need some way to keep track of initiative with eight players, otherwise it will be a lot of chaos (I've seen what happened in a tabletop with 6 when we didn't, and there people were actually in the same timezone).  :)

And glitches are very nice, keep 'em coming.  :)

I have the feeling I'm one of the few in Europe, so every morning I will have a lot of posts to go through.  No worries though, it gives me something to do while my computer is working on something else.  8)
You/we might also want to put in the IC posts, using spoiler tags, the combat turn and initiative passes. That way we don't get lost on where we are and who gets to act in what IPs.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (17:13:49/01-24-13)
Stealing that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (18:32:00/01-24-13)
Here's the resistance roll:
Willpower 3 (3d6.hits(5)=0) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3883535/) no hits, but no glitches. Let me edge that again:
Willpower 3 (3d6.hits(5)=0) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3883590/) Ouch! This one is going to be really bad. All ones :(
Sorry if this turns into harm to the other characters.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (19:19:56/01-24-13)
Sorry if this turns into harm to the other characters.

MWAH-HA-HA!!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (21:03:41/01-24-13)
Okay guys, I'm one box over overflow, and I'm out of Edge. I kinda need some back up right now.

Oh, and I'm knocked down. When it rains it pours, I guess.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:07:34/01-24-13)
And glitches are very nice, keep 'em coming.  :)

Just had to jinx us, didn't you?  :P
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (21:48:56/01-24-13)
Nicely done Crossbow on the narrative.

Do we have one attacker on the run and one knocked out and bleeding. Not looking so good right now...

The good news is that it'll only be one turn before I can roll to get her head back in the game.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:00:24/01-24-13)
Nicely done Crossbow on the narrative.

Thanks, glad you liked it, hope you didn't mind me putting a name to your nightmare.


Do we have one attacker on the run and one knocked out and bleeding. Not looking so good right now...

I am fairly confident of your chances, in spite of appearances.

The good news is that it'll only be one turn before I can roll to get her head back in the game.

True that, but I really don't think you will get back in it before it's over.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (22:41:14/01-24-13)
I'm a little confused over who stands where in this right now. Could I get a summary?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:42:22/01-24-13)
Kind of wondering why the Chaos Mage doesn't go Astral for the extra passes - or would he not be aware that these things are dual natured?

In any case, we've got at least one person who hasn't gotten in on the fight who can be a heavy hitter in these circumstances.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:52:03/01-24-13)
I'm a little confused over who stands where in this right now. Could I get a summary?

Currently of the three Barghests one is among the group, he is suffering from the effects of one of the Alpha's Howls but is otherwise unharmed, the other 2 have injured their forelegs and are incapable of running and are 30 and 40 meters from the group, the male is also slightly impact by the same howl.

Your team is currently 1 paralyzed, 1 catatonic, 1 astrally projecting and far away with a parlyzed protector, 1 bleeding out and unconcious, 1 running away, but quite capable of returning, 2 fully capable team members and 1 mage that is still bound and duct-taped, except for his eyes.  the two fully capable team members are able to engage different barghest effectively.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (22:57:59/01-24-13)
1 bleeding out and unconscious

I guess I should've worded it as "one away from overflow" not "one above overflow." I'm still conscious, just with only one box left in my physical track.

Outta curiosity, where'd the barghest bite O'Connor?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (23:11:36/01-24-13)
Ok so how close is guy getting mauled? Johnny would like to make sure nobody dies if he can help it.
So I suppose he'll drop the rock and punch the hell outta the attacking mutt.

Wait any negative modifiers to punching into a melee combat?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (23:12:23/01-24-13)
1 bleeding out and unconscious

I guess I should've worded it as "one away from overflow" not "one above overflow." I'm still conscious, just with only one box left in my physical track.

Outta curiosity, where'd the barghest bite O'Connor?

Superficial surface bites and abbrasions, majority of the damage is blunt force trauma to your torso when the barghest bore you to the ground.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (23:16:11/01-24-13)
Ok so how close is guy getting mauled? Johnny would like to make sure nobody dies if he can help it.
So I suppose he'll drop the rock and punch the hell outta the attacking mutt.

Wait any negative modifiers to punching into a melee combat?

Actually since I counted you as walking forward your full move distance, you would have to charge to engage in melee, which is a +2 dice mod
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (23:16:54/01-24-13)
Sweet! ;D
Not to press my luck but do i also get the multiple "friends" +1 die bonus?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (23:19:56/01-24-13)
Sweet! ;D

If you are going after the one on O'Connor you get an additional +1.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (23:38:18/01-24-13)
Sweet! ;D
If you are going after the one on O'Connor you get an additional +1.

Please go after the one about to maul me to death, with that last attack, my CM penalties now put me at the bottom of initiative.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:44:43/01-24-13)
Fortunately, that's the only one in reach - focus fire made easy.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (23:49:52/01-24-13)
so do I have to announce when i use critical strike or penetrating strike?
And +1 DV is auto added or are they extra dice I roll?
(This is my first combat in shadowrun)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (23:52:59/01-24-13)
so do I have to announce when i use critical strike or penetrating strike?
And +1 DV is auto added or are they extra dice I roll?
(This is my first combat in shadowrun)

The bonus is added to the total damage. If it was bonus die, the rules would've stated it specifically.
The rules do state that you have to declare critical strikes.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (00:04:22/01-25-13)
Ok so using Critical strike (+3DV), and doing -3 AP physical damage (Ceramic bone lacing), Plus +2 more DV from Martial arts. IF I hit. Rolling Unarmed (6) with specialty martial arts and Agility (7) for 15 dice right?

Edit: NO 18 cause of the +3
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:06:59/01-25-13)
Ok so using Critical strike (+3DV), and doing -3 AP physical damage (Ceramic bone lacing), Plus +2 more DV from Martial arts. IF I hit. Rolling Unarmed (6) with specialty martial arts and Agility (7) for 15 dice right?

Agility 7 + Unarmed 6 + Specialty 2.  Under any wound penalties?  Is the charge a bonus to damage or the roll?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (00:46:12/01-25-13)
No wound penalties and
if I read the charge entry correctly its added to the attack dice pool.
In the instance that I hit do I roll for damage or is it a static value?
(STR/2+2) +5 DV
Side question: Since my Str is 5 do I round up or down?

Edit: Nevermind about the STR question cause I double checked and his STR is actually 6.
So Unarmed Attack 10p/-3 Impact?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:51:40/01-25-13)
Damage is net rolled.  Crossbow rolls the Barghest's defense, your net hits (the number of hits more than the Barghest gets) are added to DV, and then the Barghest gets a soak roll to take some of that damage off.  If it has any armour, the value of that armour is reduced based on your AP.

When declaring the attack, you should probably declare total DV before net hits, AP, and whether it's resisted with Ballistic or Impact.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (01:43:59/01-25-13)
No wound penalties and
if I read the charge entry correctly its added to the attack dice pool.
In the instance that I hit do I roll for damage or is it a static value?
(STR/2+2) +5 DV
Side question: Since my Str is 5 do I round up or down?

Edit: Nevermind about the STR question cause I double checked and his STR is actually 6.
So Unarmed Attack 10p/-3 Impact?

normally round up (same with magic drain)  :)

If someone could give Sammy a nudge doing 1 or 2 stun, she would notice and come looking.  :)  Given her speed she can be back by the end of this pass and join in on the next one.  Unless that alpha stops howling and the watcher can move again (note to self: next time use another type of spirit with more resistance to these things  :-[ ).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (02:04:41/01-25-13)
No wound penalties and
if I read the charge entry correctly its added to the attack dice pool.
In the instance that I hit do I roll for damage or is it a static value?
(STR/2+2) +5 DV
Side question: Since my Str is 5 do I round up or down?

Edit: Nevermind about the STR question cause I double checked and his STR is actually 6.
So Unarmed Attack 10p/-3 Impact?

normally round up (same with magic drain)  :)

If someone could give Sammy a nudge doing 1 or 2 stun, she would notice and come looking.  :)  Given her speed she can be back by the end of this pass and join in on the next one.  Unless that alpha stops howling and the watcher can move again (note to self: next time use another type of spirit with more resistance to these things  :-[ ).

Nah, just set them up to "ping" you when things are normal - so that if something would keep them from doing so, you know.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (02:43:20/01-25-13)
Kind of wondering why the Chaos Mage doesn't go Astral for the extra passes - or would he not be aware that these things are dual natured?

In any case, we've got at least one person who hasn't gotten in on the fight who can be a heavy hitter in these circumstances.

Heron took the first action, crossbow had to dip into the edge pool too keep the barghest awake.

And no he doesn't know barghest a are dual natured.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (02:58:05/01-25-13)
No wound penalties and
if I read the charge entry correctly its added to the attack dice pool.
In the instance that I hit do I roll for damage or is it a static value?
(STR/2+2) +5 DV
Side question: Since my Str is 5 do I round up or down?

Edit: Nevermind about the STR question cause I double checked and his STR is actually 6.
So Unarmed Attack 10p/-3 Impact?

+5 is made up of a +2 from Martial Arts and a +3 from Critical Strike, correct?
If so, where'd the +2 come from?

Also note, that unless you have Killing Hands unarmed only does stun damage. Though you actually might want to do stun damage against the one attacking me, since its only a box or two away from a K.O.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (03:24:18/01-25-13)
No wound penalties and
if I read the charge entry correctly its added to the attack dice pool.
In the instance that I hit do I roll for damage or is it a static value?
(STR/2+2) +5 DV
Side question: Since my Str is 5 do I round up or down?

Edit: Nevermind about the STR question cause I double checked and his STR is actually 6.
So Unarmed Attack 10p/-3 Impact?

+5 is made up of a +2 from Martial Arts and a +3 from Critical Strike, correct?
If so, where'd the +2 come from?

Also note, that unless you have Killing Hands unarmed only does stun damage. Though you actually might want to do stun damage against the one attacking me, since its only a box or two away from a K.O.

Note that he mentioned the Bone Lacing, which converts your Unarmed Attacks to Physical.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (05:29:42/01-25-13)
Edit: Nevermind about the STR question cause I double checked and his STR is actually 6.
So Unarmed Attack 10p/-3 Impact?

So, now that I've seen this edit...  Looking at the defense pool the Alpha had, I have a feeling this attack is gonna drop the thing hard.  And your math does seem to be right - DV(STR/2+2)P base, +3 from Critical Strike, +2 from Martial Arts...  Plus net hits.  This thing's gonna have a lot of damage to soak.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (06:46:16/01-25-13)
Thanks everyone for the group effort on "Little Johnny's First Palm Strike"   8)


And no he doesn't know barghest are dual natured.

Actually, as a mage with Security Tactics, you would.  Barghests are endured as notoriously unreliable, but dangerous, security paracritters for that very reason.  Consider that knowledge bought with hits and feel free to act on it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (06:51:59/01-25-13)
Lucky break!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (07:18:52/01-25-13)
Sorta lucky, but not something that can effect much at this point.

It's a complex action to go astral so I'd could've gone astral this round (two) ready for round 3 or I could've done what I did and tried to take down the lead barghest.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (07:26:17/01-25-13)
Is anyone interested in continuing the fight?  Or can I go back to Sammy's bridge?   ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (07:30:09/01-25-13)
Is anyone interested in continuing the fight?  Or can I go back to Sammy's bridge?   ;D

If nothing else, I doubt we'll find an equally hilariously awesome way for it to end.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (07:50:56/01-25-13)
Is anyone interested in continuing the fight?  Or can I go back to Sammy's bridge?   ;D

Yes please (maybe after healing the wounds, but they can do that on their own).  BTW: I'm following the road that's over the bridge.  That at least should get me somewhere civilised and it will be faster than randomly searching through the forest.  As to the direction, away from where we are now and if it's parallel to the direction I came from, I'll take ... right.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (07:55:27/01-25-13)
Is anyone interested in continuing the fight?  Or can I go back to Sammy's bridge?   ;D

Well, I think Torley's still got a few minutes of being paralyzed from that damn howl... :P
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (08:21:04/01-25-13)
Ok so who's injured?
And how much damage have you taken?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (08:29:47/01-25-13)
O'Connor took a beating and is hanging on to dear life.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (11:33:15/01-25-13)
Is anyone interested in continuing the fight?  Or can I go back to Sammy's bridge?   ;D

Yes please (maybe after healing the wounds, but they can do that on their own).  BTW: I'm following the road that's over the bridge.  That at least should get me somewhere civilised and it will be faster than randomly searching through the forest.  As to the direction, away from where we are now and if it's parallel to the direction I came from, I'll take ... right.

Unless anyone says otherwise, you are out of rounds, feel free to handle any rolls you need to and proceed to posting at will IC, I am quite confident in your ability to resolve the various conditions your little party is in.

Sammy's bridge is actually a footbridge with a path, not a road, it can be followed and if you wish to, I will post on that next.

For the moment though, I will have to beg indulgence.  I have a paper due today and some other homework as well, and my weekend is crowded with family responsibilities, it will probably be Monday before any significant progress will be made.  I will poke my head in and maybe post, but don't count on it.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (11:42:33/01-25-13)
I had no idea ....wow.
So yeah.
 :o ;D
Johnny has a couple of boxes that he woke up with but no negatives.

Side note:
Not having any in character survival skills or knowledge is gonna drive me nuts cause I personally have a lot. I.E we should move our little party asap due to the scent of blood drawing other predators, it is gonna get real cold real quick at a higher elevation at night, leaving the barghest is a waste of meat we might need depending on the distance from civilization, and more.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (19:01:40/01-25-13)
Is anyone interested in continuing the fight?  Or can I go back to Sammy's bridge?   ;D

Yes please (maybe after healing the wounds, but they can do that on their own).  BTW: I'm following the road that's over the bridge.  That at least should get me somewhere civilised and it will be faster than randomly searching through the forest.  As to the direction, away from where we are now and if it's parallel to the direction I came from, I'll take ... right.

Unless anyone says otherwise, you are out of rounds, feel free to handle any rolls you need to and proceed to posting at will IC, I am quite confident in your ability to resolve the various conditions your little party is in.

Sammy's bridge is actually a footbridge with a path, not a road, it can be followed and if you wish to, I will post on that next.

Yes, please.  I'll follow it, it seems the most logical thing to do.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (19:09:27/01-25-13)
I had no idea ....wow.
So yeah.
 :o ;D
Johnny has a couple of boxes that he woke up with but no negatives.

Side note:
Not having any in character survival skills or knowledge is gonna drive me nuts cause I personally have a lot. I.E we should move our little party asap due to the scent of blood drawing other predators, it is gonna get real cold real quick at a higher elevation at night, leaving the barghest is a waste of meat we might need depending on the distance from civilization, and more.
Stuff like it gets cold at high elevations, and taking the meat seem to me to fall under common sense rather than trained knowledge.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (19:19:22/01-25-13)
Stuff like it gets cold at high elevations, and taking the meat seem to me to fall under common sense rather than trained knowledge.

Though how to properly clean a barghest...I'm not really sure that would be the sort of thing a random Joe would know. ::)

Also, while I have no objection to carving the mutt up...with nothing but sharp rocks, that'll take a while. And how are we going to carry it? Last I checked, we're a little short on pockets... ???
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (19:24:30/01-25-13)
Stuff like it gets cold at high elevations, and taking the meat seem to me to fall under common sense rather than trained knowledge.

Though how to properly clean a barghest...I'm not really sure that would be the sort of thing a random Joe would know. ::)

Also, while I have no objection to carving the mutt up...with nothing but sharp rocks, that'll take a while. And how are we going to carry it? Last I checked, we're a little short on pockets... ???
We have those two bags that were covering the mages' heads.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (19:43:03/01-25-13)
Stuff like it gets cold at high elevations, and taking the meat seem to me to fall under common sense rather than trained knowledge.

Though how to properly clean a barghest...I'm not really sure that would be the sort of thing a random Joe would know. ::)

Also, while I have no objection to carving the mutt up...with nothing but sharp rocks, that'll take a while. And how are we going to carry it? Last I checked, we're a little short on pockets... ???
We have those two bags that were covering the mages' heads.

We might need those for bandages.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (20:40:10/01-25-13)
How big / long a foot bridge are we talking? Is it just a raised platform on rough terrain, does it cross a ravine or anything?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (21:28:12/01-25-13)
Yeah those bags. If we are stuck out here for any length of time those might end up being super useful. We could do so much with them including but not limited to: Carrying food, bandages, fishing lines, making spears, rope, making a fire, ect. Also we could use the drawstrings (if they have them) for various of the same things. Finding a few sharp rocks while they are plentiful would be to our advantage as well. We should keep ...was it gauze or cotton balls used on the magic users eyes and ears? The more I think about it since none of us have the skills to strip the hound it would be best to leave most possibly all of it. It could have untold effects like being fouled if its removed the wrong way, the smell of it could make it easier for the rest of the pack to hunt us, or if other predators smelled it they might think it was a wounded barghest and a easy meal.

All of that aside I say lets use this chance to get everyone together ,calm down, and introduce ourselves. I seriously doubt that the GM will leave us out in the total wilds for to terribly long anyway. Sorry if that was over thinking things.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:31:20/01-25-13)
Yeah those bags. If we are stuck out here for any length of time those might end up being super useful. We could do so much with them including but not limited to: Carrying food, bandages, fishing lines, making spears, rope, making a fire, ect. Also we could use the drawstrings (if they have them) for various of the same things. Finding a few sharp rocks while they are plentiful would be to our advantage as well. We should keep ...was it gauze or cotton balls used on the magic users eyes and ears? The more I think about it since none of us have the skills to strip the hound it would be best to leave most possibly all of it. It could have untold effects like being fouled if its removed the wrong way, the smell of it could make it easier for the rest of the pack to hunt us, or if other predators smelled it they might think it was a wounded barghest and a easy meal.

All of that aside I say lets use this chance to get everyone together ,calm down, and introduce ourselves. I seriously doubt that the GM will leave us out in the total wilds for to terribly long anyway. Sorry if that was over thinking things.

Our safest bet, at this stage, is to find our fastest path to civilization.  Even if it's hostiles, we be able to steal some stuff or take out a patrol, take their vehicle if they have one (have to check for tracking stuff, though), and then actually have some gear, and probably a proper medkit.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:47:15/01-25-13)
How big / long a foot bridge are we talking? Is it just a raised platform on rough terrain, does it cross a ravine or anything?

Not large at all, it looks like a 'keep your feet dry, mostly' kinda bridge built over a natural ford or maybe an old beaver dam.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:51:58/01-25-13)
Sorry has to be said:

Wounded Barghest  ≠  Easy Meal

Yeah those bags. If we are stuck out here for any length of time those might end up being super useful. We could do so much with them including but not limited to: Carrying food, bandages, fishing lines, making spears, rope, making a fire, ect. Also we could use the drawstrings (if they have them) for various of the same things. Finding a few sharp rocks while they are plentiful would be to our advantage as well. We should keep ...was it gauze or cotton balls used on the magic users eyes and ears? The more I think about it since none of us have the skills to strip the hound it would be best to leave most possibly all of it. It could have untold effects like being fouled if its removed the wrong way, the smell of it could make it easier for the rest of the pack to hunt us, or if other predators smelled it they might think it was a wounded barghest and a easy meal.

All of that aside I say lets use this chance to get everyone together ,calm down, and introduce ourselves. I seriously doubt that the GM will leave us out in the total wilds for to terribly long anyway. Sorry if that was over thinking things.

I appriciate your faith in my kindness, it's completely misguided and just plain wrong, but it is appriciated  ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:29:02/01-25-13)
Hm.  Hunting lodge.  Might be helpful.  Might even have a satellite uplink if we're really lucky.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (22:32:51/01-25-13)
Healthy Barghest was a plenty easy meal for me  8).
lol that was a joke please don't smite me.  ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (22:33:47/01-25-13)
Hunting lodge...we've been brought out here to play The Most Dangerous Game haven't we?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:35:28/01-25-13)
Hunting lodge...we've been brought out here to play The Most Dangerous Game haven't we?

If someone wanted to do that, they probably wouldn't be sticking a Technomancer in a dead zone, effectively making them far less dangerous.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (22:39:13/01-25-13)
(edited IC post to include related rolls)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (22:39:47/01-25-13)
Hey, Crossbow--if I'm reading the RAW properly, Torley should be coming around about 4-5 minutes after the Alpha stopped her damn howling, correct? Or am I free to just go ahead and revive now that combat's over?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:42:27/01-25-13)
(edited IC post to include related rolls)

There's really no details to note about Fionn, and I'm going to assume he's the "1 catatonic".  I'm inclined to assume your character doesn't know Gaelic, so you won't be able to make heads nor tails of his mumbling.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (22:43:32/01-25-13)
Hunting lodge...we've been brought out here to play The Most Dangerous Game haven't we?
If someone wanted to do that, they probably wouldn't be sticking a Technomancer in a dead zone, effectively making them far less dangerous.
I'm sure some of the hunter's will be using drones for you mess around with.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:45:44/01-25-13)
Hunting lodge...we've been brought out here to play The Most Dangerous Game haven't we?
If someone wanted to do that, they probably wouldn't be sticking a Technomancer in a dead zone, effectively making them far less dangerous.
I'm sure some of the hunter's will be using drones for you mess around with.

That, or vehicles/cyberware/weapons I can take control of - blinding somebody's cybereyes is always a fun time.  Either way, we can only hope.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (22:53:44/01-25-13)
(edited IC post to include related rolls)

Besides what I already said, nothing else about Clem unless you have any crime syndicate knowledge.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (23:13:11/01-25-13)
Hey, Crossbow--if I'm reading the RAW properly, Torley should be coming around about 4-5 minutes after the Alpha stopped her damn howling, correct? Or am I free to just go ahead and revive now that combat's over?

Sure, you should be shaky at first, but yeah, you will quickly recover, that goes for everyone.  Something to note, the watcher also became unparalyzed, but still hasn't taken off to find Sammy
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (03:58:29/01-26-13)
I'm baaaack, and with good news I think.  ;)

@novocrane: when in invisible castle, use Xd6.hits(5) (or Xd6.hitsopen(5,6) when using edge to use the rule of 6).  It immediately counts the hits, then you don't have to do it yourself.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (04:32:07/01-26-13)
[spoiler]It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a mage, half an O'Connor, it's sunny... and we're wearing mirror shades. [/spoiler]
It's what I wanted to say.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (05:25:12/01-26-13)
Can I just say as a point of preference that it annoys me too see characters speaking in the abstractions of mechanics?  Might just be me, but, for example, by my interpretation things like Force numbers are there to make things work with math - I'm not certain that power names or terms like "optional power" would have a clear in-universe meaning.  But again, that might just be me.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (05:32:11/01-26-13)
It does sound strange talking about values, but talking about spells or powers by naming them sounds normal to me. The spirit does have the power to fly, for example, or it doesn't.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (05:40:14/01-26-13)
It does sound strange talking about values, but talking about spells or powers by naming them sounds normal to me. The spirit does have the power to fly, for example, or it doesn't.

In many cases, yeah.  In cases like the Fear power, though, it seems more natural for a vharacter to say that the creature has the ability to induce terror.

Plus, to a certain degree I expect the different traditions view and refer to the powers of their spirits differently, in keeping with the basis of the tradition.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (05:57:11/01-26-13)
For what it's worth, I think it's entirely appropriate for hermetic mages.
Quote
Hermetic magic is a "logical" approach to magic ... It is one part chemistry, one part philosophy, one part mathematics, and yet none of them at the same time.
If anyone is going to get technical and precise in measurement over magic, it's them.

Was it actually the Fear Critter Power we were hit by?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (06:02:54/01-26-13)
For what it's worth, I think it's entirely appropriate for hermetic mages.
Quote
Hermetic magic is a "logical" approach to magic ... It is one part chemistry, one part philosophy, one part mathematics, and yet none of them at the same time.
If anyone is going to get technical and precise in measurement over magic, it's them.

There is that, though I would expect they'd also know that using such terminology might not make things clear to members of other traditions.  It's something you see in a lot of disciplines, really: the jargon won't have the same meaning, or perhaps much meaning at all, to people outside the academic end of the discipline.  For more on this, see public misconceptions on what constitutes a scientific theory.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (06:06:56/01-26-13)
For what it's worth, I think it's entirely appropriate for hermetic mages.
Quote
Hermetic magic is a "logical" approach to magic ... It is one part chemistry, one part philosophy, one part mathematics, and yet none of them at the same time.
If anyone is going to get technical and precise in measurement over magic, it's them.

Was it actually the Fear Critter Power we were hit by?

Fear was one, the Alpha opened up with Paralyzing Howl.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (09:17:13/01-26-13)
For what it's worth, I think it's entirely appropriate for hermetic mages.
Quote
Hermetic magic is a "logical" approach to magic ... It is one part chemistry, one part philosophy, one part mathematics, and yet none of them at the same time.
If anyone is going to get technical and precise in measurement over magic, it's them.


That's indeed why I did it like that.  :)  And I also find it difficult to write about it on a PbP without using the exact names as in the book.  That's one of the things that's more difficult.  As soon as we start the summoning, writing it out is easier I find.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (17:56:54/01-26-13)
Schwartskopf's scale of manifestation.  +1 to you Gorean.  I hadn't thought about using something like that.  ;)

Luckily I didn't get any hits for the spirit either, as I didn't roll to well.  I had to try twice before it worked.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (18:01:52/01-26-13)
I thought I'd use something like that because I remember seeing force mentioned in fluff like the novels but not seen it since 4ed.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (21:07:50/01-26-13)
I'd just like to point out that I'd gladly roll Torley's charisma against O'Connor's, especially if we add in an appropriate modifier for the blood, in order to find out which way the groups split.  ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (03:03:28/01-27-13)
Best detailed directions that can be given:

Go down hill to the bottom of the valley intill you reach a stream, follow downstream until you find the bridge, turn right at the bridge and follow the path, the clearing with the lodge is at the end.

\
Notice there is no distance information in this description, best distance guess is the bridge is before the mountains run out.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:31:13/01-27-13)
Anyone who wasn't previously aware, by the way, should notice Fionn's accent.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (11:12:56/01-28-13)
Well, it didn't take long for us to split the party.  ;) Here's hoping all of us have nice, uneventful strolls through the woods to the lodge.

...though, somehow given the GM's periodic reminders that we don't know how far we have to go...I'm kind of expecting that it'll be a while before we get there. :-\
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (11:50:04/01-28-13)
@ Crossbow: Something that I've been wondering is did they strip us of ALL our gear? Like they took our contacts out of our eyes and what not? And I don't even know if they would be useful without comm-links. All I know is when it gets dark us humans might have a problem.

@ the mages: So each group is cloaked from each other as well? Second question since the barghests are dual natured can they see/track the spirits of man?

Also this is just a guess but I'm pretty sure the next rolls we get to make are gonna be to not get lost in BFE. We didn't get lucky and have someone with a compass built into their head in our little group did we?  :-\
The sense of extreme foreboding is in the air...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (12:09:04/01-28-13)
@ the mages: So each group is cloaked from each other as well? Second question since the barghests are dual natured can they see/track the spirits of man?

Anybody making a perception test.

The spirits are manifest so they can affect us. So dual natured makes no difference.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (13:16:12/01-28-13)
@ the mages: So each group is cloaked from each other as well? Second question since the barghests are dual natured can they see/track the spirits of man?

Anybody making a perception test.

The spirits are manifest so they can affect us. So dual natured makes no difference.

That's why we had to make them force 5 instead of 4, so they could affect themselves with the concealment power (they can affect a number of subject equal to their magic rating, which is equal to their force).  It also works on the astral (as Gorean has said, the spirits are currently dual natured).  But the groups are indeed cloaked from each other.  Actually we can still find each other, but with a -5 penalty to perception rolls, so it's going to be difficult.

PS: I have the flu, so while I'm at home, I'll probably not be online as much as I used to.  :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (14:32:32/01-28-13)
The only gear any of you have is cyber/bioware.


Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (14:57:19/01-28-13)
Well, it didn't take long for us to split the party.  ;) Here's hoping all of us have nice, uneventful strolls through the woods to the lodge.

...though, somehow given the GM's periodic reminders that we don't know how far we have to go...I'm kind of expecting that it'll be a while before we get there. :-\

Not so much, what I am doing is trying to establish the limits of astral perception, which I have found can be abused at times.  There is a tendancy to give a lot of exact scientific measurement which would be almost impossible from my reading of the material.

That said, if anyone want to try and guesstimate some distances based on what sammy reported using Physical percetion, I will allow you to try.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (15:43:45/01-28-13)
I'm not sure if that discounts my enhanced perception.
If not: 8d6.hits(5)=4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3890944/)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (16:06:15/01-28-13)
I'm not sure if that discounts my enhanced perception.
If not: 8d6.hits(5)=4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3890944/)

It does, especially since the last three dice come from goggles.  taking off the last three dice, doesn't change your successes though, so figuring you figure that keeping a reasonable pace and allowing for caution, terrain and wounded you could travel about 10 kilometers before sundown.  If that lodge is somewhere in this valley below you, you have about a 50-50 chance of getting there today.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (18:43:15/01-28-13)
So, I take it we're pretty much travelling silently until something happens?  That mean we're waiting on Crossbow to tell us if anything happens en route?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (19:29:51/01-28-13)
That was my understanding.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (19:45:27/01-28-13)
Well, we haven't gotten much from the people in Heron's group...I don't think they've posted that they're moving yet. Crossbow may be waiting for that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (19:47:42/01-28-13)
O'Connor and Heron are on the move, so I would assume the other two are in tow.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (20:13:14/01-28-13)
Crossbow and I have some stuff to nut out, which is waiting on his say. The way it was mentioned, I was expecting word before moving on or making a counter-proposal.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (22:30:17/01-28-13)
Just to be clear, Clem will also follow Heron and O'Connor.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (00:58:02/01-29-13)
Just so I am clear the two groups are:

Sammy, Torley, Mystech and Chopstix

Heron, Bullet Storm (O'Connor), Icarus and Clementine

Correct?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (01:07:53/01-29-13)
That is correct as far as I know.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (01:38:43/01-29-13)
Yup
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (02:50:50/01-29-13)
I'm not sure if that discounts my enhanced perception.
If not: 8d6.hits(5)=4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3890944/)

It does, especially since the last three dice come from goggles.  taking off the last three dice, doesn't change your successes though, so figuring you figure that keeping a reasonable pace and allowing for caution, terrain and wounded you could travel about 10 kilometers before sundown.  If that lodge is somewhere in this valley below you, you have about a 50-50 chance of getting there today.

Given that this is the only piece of civilisation I've seen around here, and we can't stay where we are now, I'd say it is as good a direction as any.  :)
While my character has not much in the way of survival skills (at least not outside urban environments) I doubt I can tell, even if I manifested at the lodge and probably looked in the direction I came from.

The problem is that the movement power (which allows a spirit to greatly speed up someone) only works on one person at a time, whereas concealment and guard work on multiple people.  If movement would have worked on multiple people, I would have suggested that to speed things up.  Well, we'll see if we get there or not.  If we have to spend a night in the forest or a night up the mountain, I prefer the forest.  More options to find some shelter and you can also make a fire.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (03:49:07/01-29-13)
I'm not sure if that discounts my enhanced perception.
If not: 8d6.hits(5)=4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3890944/)

It does, especially since the last three dice come from goggles.  taking off the last three dice, doesn't change your successes though, so figuring you figure that keeping a reasonable pace and allowing for caution, terrain and wounded you could travel about 10 kilometers before sundown.  If that lodge is somewhere in this valley below you, you have about a 50-50 chance of getting there today.

Given that this is the only piece of civilisation I've seen around here, and we can't stay where we are now, I'd say it is as good a direction as any.  :)
While my character has not much in the way of survival skills (at least not outside urban environments) I doubt I can tell, even if I manifested at the lodge and probably looked in the direction I came from.

The problem is that the movement power (which allows a spirit to greatly speed up someone) only works on one person at a time, whereas concealment and guard work on multiple people.  If movement would have worked on multiple people, I would have suggested that to speed things up.  Well, we'll see if we get there or not.  If we have to spend a night in the forest or a night up the mountain, I prefer the forest.  More options to find some shelter and you can also make a fire.
A fire would keep away animals, at least the mundane kind, but it would attract people. We still don't know why, or by whom, we were brought out here. I'm still of the opinion we're pawns in The Most Dangerous Game.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (04:01:00/01-29-13)
I'm not sure if that discounts my enhanced perception.
If not: 8d6.hits(5)=4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3890944/)

It does, especially since the last three dice come from goggles.  taking off the last three dice, doesn't change your successes though, so figuring you figure that keeping a reasonable pace and allowing for caution, terrain and wounded you could travel about 10 kilometers before sundown.  If that lodge is somewhere in this valley below you, you have about a 50-50 chance of getting there today.

Given that this is the only piece of civilisation I've seen around here, and we can't stay where we are now, I'd say it is as good a direction as any.  :)
While my character has not much in the way of survival skills (at least not outside urban environments) I doubt I can tell, even if I manifested at the lodge and probably looked in the direction I came from.

The problem is that the movement power (which allows a spirit to greatly speed up someone) only works on one person at a time, whereas concealment and guard work on multiple people.  If movement would have worked on multiple people, I would have suggested that to speed things up.  Well, we'll see if we get there or not.  If we have to spend a night in the forest or a night up the mountain, I prefer the forest.  More options to find some shelter and you can also make a fire.
A fire would keep away animals, at least the mundane kind, but it would attract people. We still don't know why, or by whom, we were brought out here. I'm still of the opinion we're pawns in The Most Dangerous Game.

Which has not come up in game.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (04:05:06/01-29-13)
I'm not sure if that discounts my enhanced perception.
If not: 8d6.hits(5)=4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3890944/)

It does, especially since the last three dice come from goggles.  taking off the last three dice, doesn't change your successes though, so figuring you figure that keeping a reasonable pace and allowing for caution, terrain and wounded you could travel about 10 kilometers before sundown.  If that lodge is somewhere in this valley below you, you have about a 50-50 chance of getting there today.

Given that this is the only piece of civilisation I've seen around here, and we can't stay where we are now, I'd say it is as good a direction as any.  :)
While my character has not much in the way of survival skills (at least not outside urban environments) I doubt I can tell, even if I manifested at the lodge and probably looked in the direction I came from.

The problem is that the movement power (which allows a spirit to greatly speed up someone) only works on one person at a time, whereas concealment and guard work on multiple people.  If movement would have worked on multiple people, I would have suggested that to speed things up.  Well, we'll see if we get there or not.  If we have to spend a night in the forest or a night up the mountain, I prefer the forest.  More options to find some shelter and you can also make a fire.
A fire would keep away animals, at least the mundane kind, but it would attract people. We still don't know why, or by whom, we were brought out here. I'm still of the opinion we're pawns in The Most Dangerous Game.
Which has not come up in game.
Yes, because the entirety of the plot has been reveal to us. Those barghest most have been the ones that abducted us and left us tied up on the side of a mountain.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (04:10:15/01-29-13)
I'm not sure if that discounts my enhanced perception.
If not: 8d6.hits(5)=4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3890944/)

It does, especially since the last three dice come from goggles.  taking off the last three dice, doesn't change your successes though, so figuring you figure that keeping a reasonable pace and allowing for caution, terrain and wounded you could travel about 10 kilometers before sundown.  If that lodge is somewhere in this valley below you, you have about a 50-50 chance of getting there today.

Given that this is the only piece of civilisation I've seen around here, and we can't stay where we are now, I'd say it is as good a direction as any.  :)
While my character has not much in the way of survival skills (at least not outside urban environments) I doubt I can tell, even if I manifested at the lodge and probably looked in the direction I came from.

The problem is that the movement power (which allows a spirit to greatly speed up someone) only works on one person at a time, whereas concealment and guard work on multiple people.  If movement would have worked on multiple people, I would have suggested that to speed things up.  Well, we'll see if we get there or not.  If we have to spend a night in the forest or a night up the mountain, I prefer the forest.  More options to find some shelter and you can also make a fire.
A fire would keep away animals, at least the mundane kind, but it would attract people. We still don't know why, or by whom, we were brought out here. I'm still of the opinion we're pawns in The Most Dangerous Game.
Which has not come up in game.
Yes, because the entirety of the plot has been reveal to us. Those barghest most have been the ones that abducted us and left us tied up on the side of a mountain.

What I'm saying is that as that suspicion has not come up in game, we shouldn't be making decisions on the basis of it - and if it's the kind of thing O'Connor might suspect, it would be interesting to discuss it in character.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (04:14:24/01-29-13)
What I'm saying is that as that suspicion has not come up in game, we shouldn't be making decisions on the basis of it - and if it's the kind of thing O'Connor might suspect, it would be interesting to discuss it in character.
I will when afforded the opportunity, we haven't exactly sat down and talk things through. Hell, I'm fairly certain that only half the group caught everyone's name before we started marching off towards this hunting lodge.

And what decisions are being made exactly? This is OOC idle chatting.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (05:21:18/01-29-13)
What I'm saying is that as that suspicion has not come up in game, we shouldn't be making decisions on the basis of it - and if it's the kind of thing O'Connor might suspect, it would be interesting to discuss it in character.
I will when afforded the opportunity, we haven't exactly sat down and talk things through. Hell, I'm fairly certain that only half the group caught everyone's name before we started marching off towards this hunting lodge.

And what decisions are being made exactly? This is OOC idle chatting.

Just kinda read a certain way to me.  The whole text/tone issue, probably - my apologies if I came across rudely, relatedly.

But on the subject:  We need a fire, and a shelter, if we're gonna be stuck out at night.  And, if this is a Most Dangerous Game situation, I'd much rather have the tree cover of the forest to help block the hunters from seeing the fire.  Combine that with, perhaps, a spirit concealing the camp (could that just be used on an area?), and we would be hard to find indeed.  On the mundane side, we could get some pretty basic lean-tos up (though, we may need to turn the bags into strips of fabric to do the lashing) and use branches and other foliage to camouflage it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (05:30:41/01-29-13)
What I'm saying is that as that suspicion has not come up in game, we shouldn't be making decisions on the basis of it - and if it's the kind of thing O'Connor might suspect, it would be interesting to discuss it in character.
I will when afforded the opportunity, we haven't exactly sat down and talk things through. Hell, I'm fairly certain that only half the group caught everyone's name before we started marching off towards this hunting lodge.

And what decisions are being made exactly? This is OOC idle chatting.

Just kinda read a certain way to me.  The whole text/tone issue, probably - my apologies if I came across rudely, relatedly.

But on the subject:  We need a fire, and a shelter, if we're gonna be stuck out at night.  And, if this is a Most Dangerous Game situation, I'd much rather have the tree cover of the forest to help block the hunters from seeing the fire.  Combine that with, perhaps, a spirit concealing the camp (could that just be used on an area?), and we would be hard to find indeed.  On the mundane side, we could get some pretty basic lean-tos up (though, we may need to turn the bags into strips of fabric to do the lashing) and use branches and other foliage to camouflage it.
Do any of the characters have ranks in Survival? O'Connor does not. The fire issue is kind of moot if no one knows how to start a fire without matches.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (05:45:46/01-29-13)
Do any of the characters have ranks in Survival? O'Connor does not. The fire issue is kind of moot if no one knows how to start a fire without matches.

I have fireball.  I can put the whole forest ablaze if you want.  :o  Maybe not a good idea, but a possibility.  At least at that point some people will come and look around.  :)

As for the talk IC thing, people who probably know more about these things told Sammy to get away from the dead dog, so she did all that's possible to do so as quickly as possible.  We can do the chatting later.  First we have to see if we get to the lodge or not.  If we get there, the shelter question will be answered and hopefully a lot of other questions as well.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (05:56:06/01-29-13)
What I'm saying is that as that suspicion has not come up in game, we shouldn't be making decisions on the basis of it - and if it's the kind of thing O'Connor might suspect, it would be interesting to discuss it in character.
I will when afforded the opportunity, we haven't exactly sat down and talk things through. Hell, I'm fairly certain that only half the group caught everyone's name before we started marching off towards this hunting lodge.

And what decisions are being made exactly? This is OOC idle chatting.

Just kinda read a certain way to me.  The whole text/tone issue, probably - my apologies if I came across rudely, relatedly.

But on the subject:  We need a fire, and a shelter, if we're gonna be stuck out at night.  And, if this is a Most Dangerous Game situation, I'd much rather have the tree cover of the forest to help block the hunters from seeing the fire.  Combine that with, perhaps, a spirit concealing the camp (could that just be used on an area?), and we would be hard to find indeed.  On the mundane side, we could get some pretty basic lean-tos up (though, we may need to turn the bags into strips of fabric to do the lashing) and use branches and other foliage to camouflage it.
Do any of the characters have ranks in Survival? O'Connor does not. The fire issue is kind of moot if no one knows how to start a fire without matches.

Sadly, while I have a background that could support a point or two the same way it supports another skill, there was just no way to free up the points for it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (06:07:05/01-29-13)
On the subject of OOC chatter, I actually wouldn't mind seeing a more of this IC, with a force 5 spirit providing concealment, there is absolutely no reason that each group can't be chatting amongst itself.  Nothing you are walking past would even notice.  I am working up a post to this point.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (06:49:29/01-29-13)
I reckon once the groups get to the cabin it would make for some interesting chatter.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (10:16:50/01-29-13)
Hell, I'm fairly certain that only half the group caught everyone's name before we started marching off towards this hunting lodge.

Valid point. I took some time this morning to go back through the IC thread, and near as I can tell, here's the list of who knows whom:
[spoiler]
Patrick "Dog Food" O'Connor (Necrogigas):

Sammy Delavine (farothel):

Fionn MacSarrach (RHat):

Sam Torley (Thvor):

Clem(entine) (HydroRaven):

Johnny "Bloody Hand" Chopstix (irisheathen):

Ikari "Icarus" (Novocrane):

Heron (Gorean):

* I decided to include people in the "known" list if they'd been around when someone referenced that person by name, even if they'd missed the original introduction.
[/spoiler]

I think that's right, but it's possible I missed someone. Also, the name in the "Knows" list is the name that people were introduced by, so pretty much everyone knows who Icarus is, but wouldn't have a clue about Ikari. Also, note that each team has at least one person who doesn't know the name of one other person in their group (Johnny doesn't know Torley, and Icarus and Heron don't know Clem).

Finally, I know my character grabbed one of the sacks...who's got the other one?  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (11:00:19/01-29-13)
On the subject of OOC chatter, I actually wouldn't mind seeing a more of this IC, with a force 5 spirit providing concealment, there is absolutely no reason that each group can't be chatting amongst itself.  Nothing you are walking past would even notice.  I am working up a post to this point.

I didn't really want to start writing out a whole lot of chatter.  Maybe just say we chatted a bit.  Also my head currently feels like someone is performing a Klingon opera in there, which has something to do with the fact that I'm not writing as much as I should (and I don't have anybody to sing me Soft Kitty  :) ).  I hope to be back ASAP.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (11:50:19/01-29-13)
I reckon once the groups get to the cabin it would make for some interesting chatter.

If this is "The Most Dangerous Game"  Who says you would ever make it to the cabin?   ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (12:03:53/01-29-13)
If this is "The Most Dangerous Game"  Who says you would ever make it to the cabin?   ;D

If this is "The Most Dangerous Game", then someone severely screwed up when they picked Fionn and Torley as potential targets. In the current environment, neither of them is likely to be very dangerous at all...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (12:16:21/01-29-13)
I'm gonna say my personal guess (not johnny's) is that its a new version of the show survivor...or something else entirely. Don't have enough info yet. Hell this could just be someone trying to feed/train their "pets". We don't know if we were snatched at random or if their was a reason we were snatched. Since OOC I know we are all runners I'd say not random but why take a bunch of urban runners and stick them in the woods. Experiment, test, or revenge are the main reasons I see us out here.

Johnny didn't grab the bag cause I don't think he has that much forethought.
Also he isn't really that smart so he's not gonna be a lot of help figuring this out.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (13:14:26/01-29-13)
Possibilities
1. The Most Dangerous Game
2. Reality TV Show
3. Pet Food/Training Tools
4. Experiment of Some Kind
5. One of the Most Hardcore Job Interviews Ever Conducted by a Johnson

Theories thrown out there so far, plus another one I thought of. I miss any?
What's everyone else's theory?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (13:17:40/01-29-13)
Oh, O'Connor didn't grab the bag either. He started walking away kinda pissed off, so he wasn't really thinking about it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (13:58:24/01-29-13)
Magical Sacrifice...Serial killer...Werewolves/vampires/ghosts...At this point I'm expecting anything, and I like it.  ;D
Also "the bloody hand" LOL, someone should ask Johnny about his last name  ;).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (14:37:11/01-29-13)
Wow, I should be taking notes, you guys are fountain of pain and suffering, didn't anybody ever warn you guys about giving a GM ideas?  ;) :o 8).

One more piece of homework for everyone, sorry I know it is a pain, but I need a list of your street gear, as in the stuff you would be walking around with on your person if you were just chilling, I also need a list of standard gear you would have if you were going to a regular meeting with a Johnson.  This is default setting stuff here folks, so no need to put in qualifiers, I understand if this would change if you had the time and wherewithal to blend or dress up or thought you were in danger.  Be realistic, nobody carries everything they own everywhere they go.  (except my face character, but that is because all he owned was an Armored Jacket and a devastating smile  :)  )

PM the list to me, no hurry on this at the moment.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (16:48:29/01-29-13)
Did you want us to list the mods, accessories, etc. of the gear or just the base items?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (17:06:37/01-29-13)
Did you want us to list the mods, accessories, etc. of the gear or just the base items?

if the mods vary, list the mods, if not say all included
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (18:11:03/01-29-13)
Just to add to the list of possibilities;

-various issues were contracted out to a third party, with no other connecting factor
-Crash 3.0
-We're already dead
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (18:11:36/01-29-13)
So I just kinda established that Johnny can't remember anything after getting out of the shower "yesterday"... so just his contacts is all he had on. LOL.  :'(

Also I won't be able to PM you the other list till tommorrow at some point
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (18:21:21/01-29-13)
Am I the only one amused that with two mages in the group the technomancer is somehow the most mystically minded?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (18:22:28/01-29-13)
-We're already dead
I don't want to fight a Smoke Monster.

oooo! another good one *jotting down a note*
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (18:25:35/01-29-13)
-We're already dead
I don't want to fight a Smoke Monster.
oooo! another good one *jotting down a note*
Dammit, I deleted that post, but I was too late.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (18:34:19/01-29-13)
-We're already dead
I don't want to fight a Smoke Monster.
oooo! another good one *jotting down a note*
Dammit, I deleted that post, but I was too late.
Eh.  It would be nanotech, probably - which means I could use it against others.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (18:36:52/01-29-13)
-We're already dead
I don't want to fight a Smoke Monster.
oooo! another good one *jotting down a note*
Dammit, I deleted that post, but I was too late.
Eh.  It would be nanotech, probably - which means I could use it against others.
Never assume you know the depths of a GM's depravity.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (18:40:57/01-29-13)
-We're already dead
I don't want to fight a Smoke Monster.
oooo! another good one *jotting down a note*
Dammit, I deleted that post, but I was too late.
Eh.  It would be nanotech, probably - which means I could use it against others.
Never assume you know the depths of a GM's depravity.
Fair point.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (18:46:06/01-29-13)
Never assume you know the depths of a GM's depravity.
Fair point.

Especially this GM.  ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:14:51/01-29-13)
So, I think we're waiting on Novocrane at the moment.  At the very least, I certainly need to.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (03:38:33/01-30-13)
And, apparently due to a couple of changes, now there wasn't a signal for Fionn to pick up on in the first place.  Meaning I'll now need to remove my post dealing with that, which will impact irisheathen's and farothel's posts.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (04:24:17/01-30-13)
So basically Fionn is still very much insecure and freaked out?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (04:26:05/01-30-13)
So basically Fionn is still very much insecure and freaked out?

Remains better, for now - but doesn't have the security of knowing for certain that he still has his abilities.  This also means that we're back to having no means of communication between the two groups, which could become a problem.  And that I wasted a pretty good Compiling roll, but that's neither here nor there.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (08:12:41/01-30-13)
Fixed my post. What changed?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (08:52:34/01-30-13)
I surprised Crossbow with gear, and it snowballed.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (09:10:55/01-30-13)
Fixed my post. What changed?

I've changed it too (just removed part actually).  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (09:52:57/01-30-13)
Well crap. Sooooooooo time to make camp then be horribly maimed in the darkness? (Wish Johnny was an elf right about now ::) )
About what time is it in ICC dear GM?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (10:04:38/01-30-13)
It is early, well before noon in fact, you just are not making good time
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (13:26:39/01-30-13)
On the subject of OOC chatter, I actually wouldn't mind seeing a more of this IC, with a force 5 spirit providing concealment, there is absolutely no reason that each group can't be chatting amongst itself.  Nothing you are walking past would even notice.
...
It took twice as long to get to this stream as you figured it would, what with all the gawking and jabbering...

Hrm, anyone else notice a connection between these two posts by our (rather sneaky) GM?  :-\ :o ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (15:29:15/01-30-13)
On the subject of OOC chatter, I actually wouldn't mind seeing a more of this IC, with a force 5 spirit providing concealment, there is absolutely no reason that each group can't be chatting amongst itself.  Nothing you are walking past would even notice.
...
It took twice as long to get to this stream as you figured it would, what with all the gawking and jabbering...

Hrm, anyone else notice a connection between these two posts by our (rather sneaky) GM?  :-\ :o ;)

*notices the distinct lack of angel smileys, and shrugs*  You sir, are getting paranoid.

By the way, I just sent some info farothel, than I realized 1) how difficult it was to understand and 2) that it was better to put it here, even though Sammy is the only one that knows it.  You seem like a realtively trustworthy bunch, * Gm's evil eye tracks to the suspiciously shady ones at the table*

Anyway, the best guesstimate (see what I did there?  ;) ) of distance you have is Sammy's astral trek, with the problem being there is no such thing as Astral GPS,  Using the distance from the clearing you started in to the waterway you are at now as a measure (X), the distance to the bridge is anywhere from 3X to 5X that distance, probably closer to the higher end.  The path off the river is at least that , X distance again, but probably not more than twice that.

Is that understandable?

Also, the stream is starting to turn into a small river, so walking in it won't be an option very long.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (16:02:54/01-30-13)
Anyway, the best guesstimate (see what I did there?  ;) ) of distance you have is Sammy's astral trek, with the problem being there is no such thing as Astral GPS,  Using the distance from the clearing you started in to the waterway you are at now as a measure (X), the distance to the bridge is anywhere from 3X to 5X that distance, probably closer to the higher end.  The path off the river is at least that , X distance again, but probably not more than twice that.

Is that understandable?

Also, the stream is starting to turn into a small river, so walking in it won't be an option very long.

I think I get it.  If x is 2 klicks, then to the bridge is between 6 and 10 and from there to the lodge is ... let's say between 2 and 4.  That of course doesn't tell us everything about time, as the path will walk easier than downhill in a forest, but it gives us some estimate.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (16:20:43/01-30-13)
You sir, are getting paranoid.
Yes, and?  ;D (BTW, I don't see an angel smiley in the editor...)

Anyway, the best guesstimate (see what I did there?  ;) ) of distance you have is Sammy's astral trek, with the problem being there is no such thing as Astral GPS,  Using the distance from the clearing you started in to the waterway you are at now as a measure (X), the distance to the bridge is anywhere from 3X to 5X that distance, probably closer to the higher end.  The path off the river is at least that , X distance again, but probably not more than twice that.

Is that understandable?

So, we're about 1/4 to 1/6 of the way to the bridge, and 1/5 to 1/8 of the way to the lodge. Got it. And since our initial estimate was that this was perhaps doable in a day's walk, and assuming a 10-hour walking day, that means that our initial estimate was that X would take us somewhere between 75 minutes and 2 hours (10/8 and 10/5, respectively). Since it took us about twice as long to get X distance, that means we've been walking somewhere in the range of 2 1/2 to 4 hours, with a good 16-18 hours to go if we can keep up our present pace, which isn't very likely, as our feet are going to get pretty badly torn up unless our mages can do something for us on that front. And the bridge is 12-15 hours away, still.

Oh, and incidentally, according to wikipedia the average human walking speed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walking) is just over 3 miles per hour, so the lodge is (probably) about 30 miles from our starting point.

And of course, all of this information is way above Torley's head. :)
[spoiler]
Details on the math, with the time from the starting point to here = X

Here to Bridge = 3X, Bridge to Lodge = XHere to Bridge = 3X, Bridge to Lodge = 2XHere to Bridge = 5X, Bridge to Lodge = XHere to Bridge = 5X, Bridge to Lodge = 2X
Total TripX+3X+X = 5XX+3X+2X = 6XX+5X+X = 7XX+5X+2X = 8X
Initial Time EstimateX = 10/5, or 2 hoursX = 10/6, or 100 minutesX = 10/7, or 86 minutesX = 10/8, or 75 minutes
Total Actual Walking Time4 hours3 hours, 20 minutes2 hours, 51 minutes2 hours, 30 minutes
Time to Bridge12 hours10 hours14 hours, 17 minutes12 hours, 30 minutes
Time to Lodge16 hours16 hours, 40 minutes17 hours, 9 minutes17 hours, 30 minutes

Yes, I'm a nerd. Sorry.  ;D
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (16:42:48/01-30-13)
My question is do we cross the river now or at the bridge?  ::) We could cross now and risk a diagonal trek through the woods to intersect the path after the bridge and possibly make the lodge tonight. If we get lost we could always have Sammy pop in the astral again to guide us at intervals. We would definitely be separating from the other group at that point though and also possibly tying our own noose.


A: Start
B: Lodge
X: Current position
--------------------------------------------------------------
 A-----------------------XI \                                                                                 
                                  I  \                                               
                                  I    \   <possible route                                           
                                  I     \                                           
                   Bridge> =------\---------------B                                                   
                                  I                                             
                   Stream> I                                                   
--------------------------------------------------------------

Wow :o the maths.
Also it depends on the type of forest we are walking through I would say if we are still anywhere near Seattle coniferous tree species would be the dominant types(pine needles would cushion our feet and we would be fine. ;D)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (18:34:25/01-30-13)
Given that we've got the technomancer and a mage capable of astral manifestation, getting to the cabin as fast as possible isn't a bad thing; if there's a satlink there, I'll have something to work with - and Sammy can track down the other group when the conjured spirit would be expiring, giving them directions.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (18:48:25/01-30-13)
The instructions were shady at best, so I'm quite sure the groups are separated. Is there any way for the two groups to interact with each other?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (18:50:06/01-30-13)
The instructions were shady at best, so I'm quite sure the groups are separated. Is there any way for the two groups to interact with each other?

Now that there's no internal comm in the other group, no.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (19:08:42/01-30-13)
What about if we were to write a message on the ground for the other group to read? Would that be concealed as well?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (19:54:07/01-30-13)
Lets try  8)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:20:52/01-30-13)
What about if we were to write a message on the ground for the other group to read? Would that be concealed as well?

The spirit was not instructed to conceal signs of our passage - so we could use one of the rocks to mark trees as we go, which is a good idea anyways (it's actually pretty easy to wind up going in circles otherwise).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (20:27:34/01-30-13)
What about if we were to write a message on the ground for the other group to read? Would that be concealed as well?

That could work--the spirits can only conceal the people they can see--but if there's anything more intelligent than the barghests out looking for us, it could cause problems...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:39:04/01-30-13)
What about if we were to write a message on the ground for the other group to read? Would that be concealed as well?

That could work--the spirits can only conceal the people they can see--but if there's anything more intelligent than the barghests out looking for us, it could cause problems...

More problems than such pursuers catching either group on its own?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (22:14:37/01-30-13)
Even if we mark the trees there is no guarantee that the other group will see it. They could be farther downstream already or just not see them. I'm not saying that we shouldn't leave the marks I'm just saying we shouldn't count on it solving the problem. Also have you ever tried to mark a tree with rock.... its not quick or very visible.  ???
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:18:45/01-30-13)
Even if we mark the trees there is no guarantee that the other group will see it. They could be farther downstream already or just not see them. I'm not saying that we shouldn't leave the marks I'm just saying we shouldn't count on it solving the problem. Also have you ever tried to mark a tree with rock.... its not quick or very visible.  ???

Yes, but it's also an important survival thing anyways - if you're not aware, every person has a minor disparity in the lengths of their legs; without some kind of marker, if you're going through unfamiliar wilderness territory it's possible to wind up walking in wide circles.  Following the stream helps us on that note for now, but should we deviate from it we'll be risking that problem.

As for visibility, if we can get through the outer layers of the bark, visibility shouldn't be an issue, and we did grab sharp rocks off the top, so they should at least be semi-suited for use as such am implement (especially considering that the specific blade for this purpose on a multi-tool is quite a bit duller and thicker than the main knife).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (23:00:38/01-30-13)
Where did you hear the legs thing? As for walking in circles, so long as we can see the sun or a large landmark (like the mountain behind us) we should be fine. But like I said the only reason I was bringing it up was the time consumption thing, I wasn't trying to shoot the idea down. Its not like Johnny would know anyway he's lived his entire life in cities.  ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:05:04/01-30-13)
Where did you hear the legs thing? As for walking in circles, so long as we can see the sun or a large landmark (like the mountain behind us) we should be fine. But like I said the only reason I was bringing it up was the time consumption thing, I wasn't trying to shoot the idea down. Its not like Johnny would know anyway he's lived his entire life in cities.  ;D

First heard it years ago - originally proven quite some time back, but its really only common knowledge to people who have spent any time learning wilderness survival stuff - that's kind of the only context where it really matters and part of why it's important to take bearings relatively often.  There's actually a specific method of walking to get around it, too, but don't ask me what it is.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (23:21:49/01-30-13)
Well, just to do some more math for the fun of it...from where we are now, we're supposed to walk 3 to 5 X along the river, and then 1 or 2 X away from it. Let's assume that we're talking about a right triangle for simplicity. :) If we could somehow get a precise bearing on the lodge and go there, we're talking about:
[spoiler]
Following the River3X+X = 4X3X+2X = 5X5X+X = 6X5X+2X = 7X
As the Crow Fliessqrt(10)X = 3.16Xsqrt(13)X = 3.61Xsqrt(26)X = 5.10Xsqrt(29)X = 5.39X
Savings0.84X (21%)1.39X (28%)0.90X (15%)1.61X (23%)
[/spoiler]
(You can look back at my earlier math for the times associated with each of these scenarios.) The point, however, is that going cross-country doesn't gain us much--about a quarter of our remaining planned hike in the best scenarios, less in the more probable ones--and seems very likely to result in the GM calling for rolls to determine how lost we get.  ::)

I vote we stick to the river. Very hard to get lost that way.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:24:21/01-30-13)
Well, just to do some more math for the fun of it...from where we are now, we're supposed to walk 3 to 5 X along the river, and then 1 or 2 X away from it. Let's assume that we're talking about a right triangle for simplicity. :) If we could somehow get a precise bearing on the lodge and go there, we're talking about:
[spoiler]
Following the River3X+X = 4X3X+2X = 5X5X+X = 6X5X+2X = 7X
As the Crow Fliessqrt(10)X = 3.16Xsqrt(13)X = 3.61Xsqrt(26)X = 5.10Xsqrt(29)X = 5.39X
Savings0.84X (21%)1.39X (28%)0.90X (15%)1.61X (23%)
[/spoiler]
(You can look back at my earlier math for the times associated with each of these scenarios.) The point, however, is that going cross-country doesn't gain us much--about a quarter of our remaining planned hike in the best scenarios, less in the more probable ones--and seems very likely to result in the GM calling for rolls to determine how lost we get.  ::)

I vote we stick to the river. Very hard to get lost that way.

Hard to get lost, sure - but hard to be sure we'll make it by nightfall.  We could have Sammy go astral and orient us on the hunting lodge every now and again so we don't get lost - we may not be able to get an accurate idea of distance, but direction should not be difficult.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:50:27/01-31-13)
Man, I just get left out of everything, don't I? :P
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (01:13:58/01-31-13)
I guess that means we're separated if you guys can't see him.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (01:46:29/01-31-13)
Where did you hear the legs thing? As for walking in circles, so long as we can see the sun or a large landmark (like the mountain behind us) we should be fine. But like I said the only reason I was bringing it up was the time consumption thing, I wasn't trying to shoot the idea down. Its not like Johnny would know anyway he's lived his entire life in cities.  ;D

First heard it years ago - originally proven quite some time back, but its really only common knowledge to people who have spent any time learning wilderness survival stuff - that's kind of the only context where it really matters and part of why it's important to take bearings relatively often.  There's actually a specific method of walking to get around it, too, but don't ask me what it is.

Actually LLD being the cause of walking in a circle has been disproven.

Walking in circles is especially a problem in areas of reduced visibility, for example woodland.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (02:13:23/01-31-13)
Where did you hear the legs thing? As for walking in circles, so long as we can see the sun or a large landmark (like the mountain behind us) we should be fine. But like I said the only reason I was bringing it up was the time consumption thing, I wasn't trying to shoot the idea down. Its not like Johnny would know anyway he's lived his entire life in cities.  ;D

First heard it years ago - originally proven quite some time back, but its really only common knowledge to people who have spent any time learning wilderness survival stuff - that's kind of the only context where it really matters and part of why it's important to take bearings relatively often.  There's actually a specific method of walking to get around it, too, but don't ask me what it is.

Actually LLD being the cause of walking in a circle has been disproven.

Walking in circles is especially a problem in areas of reduced visibility, for example woodland.

Hadn't heard that - mind you, I haven't really been involved in anything like that for a while now, so I may be a bit out of date.  Disproven how, exactly?  And in any case, the phenomena still exists.  And I'm pretty sure our current environment would be woodland.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (02:44:24/01-31-13)
Hadn't heard that - mind you, I haven't really been involved in anything like that for a while now, so I may be a bit out of date.  Disproven how, exactly?  And in any case, the phenomena still exists.  And I'm pretty sure our current environment would be woodland.

[spoiler=Stuff about LLD and walking]
So there primary one was the repeated tests using same people on same terrain. The same person would sometimes veer right sometimes left and sometimes would "wiggle" from right to left. If LLD was main influencer then there would be more consistency of which side a person would favour.

Also as studies on LLD continue, it seems LLD affects between 40% and 70% of people (depends on study as environment ,diet, health etc, affect it), with only 2 in a 1000 having a LLD of 20mm or more which is the point at which LLD has a noticeable affect on gait.
[/spoiler]

Yeah that's why I mentioned it. Woodland really screws with walking in a straight line by reducing visibility and walking around trees.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (03:06:56/01-31-13)
I don't know if someone has a perception + intuition above 5 (maybe with some cyber stuff).  That person can still try to find tracks and such, it's just much more difficult (you substract five dice).  But as we're not really taking any precautions except for the concealment, there shouldn't be other modifiers, especially next to the river (muddy footprints and such).  I could use a couple of low force fireballs to mark a couple of trees, but that depends on how dry it is at the moment (I'd rather not burn the entire forest  :) )

As for the route, I would suggest keeping to the river and then following the path to the lodge.  At least that way we can't get lost, which is already one less problem to solve.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:27:33/01-31-13)
And in other events, Fionn is asking a large number of questions.  In part because I'd kind of like to move our group along a bit, if we can.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (02:26:19/02-01-13)
Sorry Hydro, I missed the Gut Check spoiler the first time thru, as a self penalty I will give you a little more than you deserve.

Blackeagle seems rather amused and really not all worried by the lot of you, and you get the feeling you are the first woman he has seen in a long time.  Seems okay for all that though.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (04:01:53/02-01-13)
Thanks for the "penalty" ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (07:28:19/02-01-13)
I'm guessing if I'm to roll anything for Clem to cut her own "fur bikini" from the pelt it would be the armourer skill?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (07:53:15/02-01-13)
Or Artisan (Tailor), perhaps?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (08:07:25/02-01-13)
Good call, Necro.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (08:12:00/02-01-13)
Two strips, one a few inches wide (depending how much coverage you need on the chest), one a bit wider, would be the minimum you'd want. The top can just be tied in the back, while the bottom would be tucked in like a towel.  Probably wouldn't stand up to aggressive movement, but also wouldn't have a high threshold....

Better, of course, would be a strip that goes between the legs and is held up by a thin "belt". Make it long enough to hang down over the belt in front and back, and you're set. Not much harder than the first option, depending on how the GM is feeling. ::)

Also, incidentally, might I suggest that one of you guys take a close look at the skin? I think I recognize it...  ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (11:59:10/02-01-13)
Good idea sending your spirit.  :)  At force 5 with perception 5, intuition 5, magic 5 and the search power, he should be able to find us.  Might take a bit longer, but that spirit actually has a dicepool left over.

EDIT: let the spirit guide us back to the camp or at least give very clear directions.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (13:13:58/02-01-13)
Yeah the spirit has a (5+km, 10mins) extended test with a dice pool of 5 to search for you, so won't be quick but will find you, eventually.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (15:02:19/02-01-13)
You didn't make any indication that you concealing that activity, correct?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (15:47:07/02-01-13)
Yep, it would be pretty obvious when the spirit disappears anyway, since the woodsman could see it already.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (18:03:21/02-01-13)
So Crossbow, what do you want me to roll for that pelt? It's your call.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (19:52:30/02-01-13)
It is going to be rough work regardless, if you are trying to get cute with it roll, otherwise. ..
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (19:56:41/02-01-13)
Not trying to be cute, just something that covers all the necessary parts and won't fall down at the first breeze.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (23:59:13/02-02-13)
Just to be clear, Clementine is talking about auras and astral signatures. She knows the broad concept, just doesn't know the specifics.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (00:17:03/02-03-13)
Would Knowledge: Magical Threats cover this at all?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (00:29:28/02-03-13)
Would Knowledge: Magical Threats cover this at all?

Which part?  Astral signatures?  A purchsed hit will let you confirm such things exist, but no real knowledge on the particulars, not really your field.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (01:15:24/02-03-13)
Just in case there's something my character could remember about someone being pissed at her, here's the memory roll: Memory: Intuition 4 + Logic 3 (7d6.hits(5)=0) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3901822/) Yeah, that was useful :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (01:51:21/02-03-13)
Just in case there's something my character could remember about someone being pissed at her, here's the memory roll: Memory: Intuition 4 + Logic 3 (7d6.hits(5)=0) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3901822/) Yeah, that was useful :(

Damn, no glitch, that elven chick who runs the falafel stand in Clem's neighborhood almost had a bad day coming ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:56:16/02-03-13)
Just in case there's something my character could remember about someone being pissed at her, here's the memory roll: Memory: Intuition 4 + Logic 3 (7d6.hits(5)=0) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3901822/) Yeah, that was useful :(

Damn, no glitch, that elven chick who runs the falafel stand in Clem's neighborhood almost had a bad day coming ;)

Damn, real falafel?  None of that soylawful crap?  Clem was almost a terrible person.  :P
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (02:12:11/02-03-13)
We still have plenty of time to change that ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (07:00:01/02-03-13)
I'm starting to feel better (luckily, after a week of spending most of my time either in bed or on my couch), so I'm back in full swing.  I'm going to leave it to the GM to decide the travel time we need to get to the camp.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (08:02:36/02-03-13)
Glad to know you're feeling better. Flu?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (08:23:10/02-03-13)
Glad to know you're feeling better. Flu?

yep, and oh irony that I work for one of the two pharmaceutical companies that actually makes those yearly flu vaccines, but I wasn't at the office the day they handed them out to the employees.  :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (09:21:58/02-03-13)
Ouch!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (16:30:00/02-03-13)
Mythology knowledge test on coyotes, 2 hits.  Magic Theory on Mentor Spirit Coyote, 4 hits.

[spoiler] Mythology knowledge. (9d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3902775/)
 Magic Theory (7d6.hits(5)=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3902788/)
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (18:24:44/02-03-13)
Coyote the Trickster is a uniquely North American totem.
He is unpredictable and ever-changing; bold one minute, cowardly
the next. Old Man Coyote can be a friend or a deceiver.
He is intensely curious and fond of taking risks just for the fun
of it. Coyote shamans are independent and refuse to be bound
by anything other than their word. They live by their own ruies,
surviving on wit and charm.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (18:50:48/02-03-13)
Would I be wrong to interperet that as saying that Coyote Shamans can be reliably taken at their word?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (18:52:43/02-03-13)
Yes, for the most part.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (19:45:05/02-03-13)
The coyote spirit walks in to the clearing and Blackeagle waves the newcomers in and starts dishing up more stew and coffee.  This creates some confusion, along with quite a bit of amusement for Blackeagle as he is the only person in the clearing able to see everyone without effort.

Um, what is this a reference to? I thought we were still in the late morning, so it shouldn't be getting dark yet...right? Why are we having trouble seeing everyone?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:04:35/02-03-13)
Neither group has removed the spirit concealment power
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:14:11/02-03-13)
I can't even roll to perceive them without it being a long shot test.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (20:22:13/02-03-13)
Neither group has removed the spirit concealment power

Um...
"Way ahead of you," Sammy said as she had a look in the astral.  There she also had her own spirit drop the concealment, but keep the guard up.

And since Heron's spirit couldn't maintain the concealment when he came looking for us--since it requires line of sight--doesn't his sending the spirit away from his own group immediately end his order to conceal?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:29:00/02-03-13)
Well, I'm gonna wait before making the post I was going to, then.

That said:  Fionn's going to become aware of anything broadcasting a wireless signal in less than a minute, so if anyone has any cyberware, you should probably let me know - he'll pick up on the transceivers in the ware.  Similarly, if Blackeagle has any wireless items on him, including smartgun systems in his firearms, it will be noticed very soon.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:40:52/02-03-13)
Yep, you got me, let me fix this
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (23:02:49/02-03-13)
Ok, that one isn't on me, ya'll get yer boy there.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:16:52/02-03-13)
...  Your meaning is not clear.  :P
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (00:15:50/02-04-13)
I think he means you caught the character out, not the writer.

Quote
"So when you told us that our companions were breaking bread with the one who summoned you..?"
Likely unrelated, but I was watching a Korean horror film the other night; I thought of the barghest meal when someone was tricked into eating their pet hamster. If the assumption is we're just eating barghest ...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:27:06/02-04-13)
I think he means you caught the character out, not the writer.

That would be my guess.

Also, I'm inclined to think that this is gonna be the kind of character who doesn't tell direct lies (technically, he doesn't have to see the spirit when he summons it, yes?), but anything other than a direct statement is not to be taken at face value.  Which will be very amusing to me, given my character's particular background...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:09:05/02-04-13)
I was so hoping someone was going to refer to it as simply the Tír so that I'd get to have Fionn say something along the lines of what I just did.  :P

EDIT:  And I've been inclined to guess for a while now that O'Connor has a Poor Self Control quality related to his opinion of his being a badass.  I'm well aware, OOC, that Fionn might be triggering that.  IC, he does not have any idea.  And given that he's presently busy sustaining a complex form and doing a constant search for hidden nodes, he probably won't even notice if O'Connor's not joking.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (01:31:22/02-04-13)
He doesn't have the quality, I ran out of room for that negative, but he does have a tremendous ego.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:34:15/02-04-13)
He doesn't have the quality, I ran out of room for that negative, but he does have a tremendous ego.

Either way, I'm having fun with this.

And as an aside, I think there's a way we can estimate how long the group was out there before waking up - how sunburnt is Fionn?

And now time, and Crossbow being around to post, will tell as to whether or not Fionn's bring his knowledge to light was a good idea, but baited as he was that was about the only thing I could do in character.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (04:35:03/02-04-13)
I'm sorry to say this Rhat, but I see a storm brewing on the horizon. Fionn has the exact personality that gets on Clementine's nerves. I'm just warning you that I definitely see an argument somewhere in the future ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (04:44:42/02-04-13)
All we need are drone-cams to bitch about the others to and this could be an episode of Survivor.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (06:31:55/02-04-13)
I was so hoping someone was going to refer to it as simply the Tír so that I'd get to have Fionn say something along the lines of what I just did.  :P


Yeah, I have been avoiding that, but if I had known it would work so well, I might have :)

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (06:58:09/02-04-13)
I'm sorry to say this Rhat, but I see a storm brewing on the horizon. Fionn has the exact personality that gets on Clementine's nerves. I'm just warning you that I definitely see an argument somewhere in the future ;)

I'm fine with RP conflict as long as everyone else involved is explicitly alright with it too - though I will say that it didn't exactly help that O'Connor just refused to stop giving him stuff to work with.  If you'd prefer to avoid that, let me know.

Also, I find it mildly amusing that after Fionn demonstrates what should be a relatively surprising level of knowledge of magical theory from any non-hermetic mage (much less from a freaking technomancer), the (I'm assuming as to Sammy's tradition, anyways) hermetic mage completely ignores it.

And in any case, I'm waiting on Crossbow to post a reply before I post again.

EDIT:  And I did not have to wait long.  Did you want us to be making rolls for that, then?  If so: Would Magical Theory apply as laés is an Awakened drug?  I doubt Tír na nÓg knowledge would apply, as so far as I can tell the drug is specific to Tír Tairngire.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (07:10:26/02-04-13)
All we need are drone-cams to bitch about the others to and this could be an episode of Survivor.

Cool, another idea,

Blackeagle is snarky enough to be Jeff Probst, does that make this Tribal Council?  I am guessing Mystech is the first one to get votes and O'Connor is the guy who thinks he is running things that is likely to get voted out next week.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (07:18:41/02-04-13)
All we need are drone-cams to bitch about the others to and this could be an episode of Survivor.

Cool, another idea,

Blackeagle is snarky enough to be Jeff Probst, does that make this Tribal Council?  I am guessing Mystech is the first one to get votes and O'Connor is the guy who thinks he is running things that is likely to get voted out next week.  :)

Dude.  Drone cams.  Technomancer wins, flawless victory.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (07:19:03/02-04-13)
I will say that it didn't exactly help that O'Connor just refused to stop giving him stuff to work with.

O'Connor has absolutely no sense of tact, subtly, or nuisance, but does have a massive ego to top it all off. He's probably going to get into arguments with just about everyone at some point.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (07:20:21/02-04-13)
I will say that it didn't exactly help that O'Connor just refused to stop giving him stuff to work with.

O'Connor has absolutely no sense of tact, subtly, or nuisance, but does have a massive ego to top it all off. He's probably going to get into arguments with just about everyone at some point.

He seems like the guy whose friends are set up with straight lines for life.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (07:23:06/02-04-13)
set up with straight lines for life
?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (07:27:13/02-04-13)
set up with straight lines for life
?

He'd always rise to the bait for this comment or that, so it's pretty easy to get him to set up your jokes for you.  I know a couple of people who are like that, and so long as they're having as much fun with it, its good times.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (07:30:35/02-04-13)
set up with straight lines for life
?
He'd always rise to the bait for this comment or that, so it's pretty easy to get him to set up your jokes for you.  I know a couple of people who are like that, and so long as they're having as much fun with it, its good times.
Pretty much, his ego makes him interpret jokes as slights, unless he knows you and has built up a rapport.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (12:59:13/02-04-13)
Johnny is gonna try to follow up with questions about the lodge. Sitting around with "dances with wolves" is fine but I think the lodge is where the fun is.  ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:20:16/02-04-13)
If there's enough barghest, I'm sorely tempted to have Fionn make a pseudo-kilt.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (20:50:11/02-04-13)
If there's enough barghest, I'm sorely tempted to have Fionn make a pseudo-kilt.

I think you'll need to take out the alpha to have a contrasting color for the tartan. ;)

Sam's not going to bother with the hide. He's not bothered with being nude, though he'd kill for some decent footwear. Unfortunately, I don't think untanned leather would really fit the bill there. :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:56:46/02-04-13)
1: Pseudo-kilt.
2: There are actually modern kilts that lack a tartan.  They're basically modern pants in the form of kilts.
3: If you do a tartan, it's not just about having a pattern - each specific one has a specific significance.

And unless Sam's used to running around barefoot (I don't mean "barefoot at home", I mean "15 years in the dojo"), the hide's likely going to provide his feet some protection.

I am tempted to take the spines and make some kind of handwrap for people who want something that makes them punch harder.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (21:07:44/02-04-13)
Some protection from rocks & such, yes. But hiking with bad footgear is pretty much as bad as hiking barefoot; perhaps more so, since you're more likely to walk further & less carefully.

And yes, I know about the tartans. :) I'm a few generations removed, but I've apparently got a decent connection to the Armstrong clan.  8) Would've been fun watching the technomancer go off solo, hunting the "Great White", just to get a good plaid going, though...  ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:11:32/02-04-13)
No roll needed Thvor, an answer is coing soon. 

While I have you attention I wanted to address a concern I have.  Like I said I would do, I have been monitoring people's activity on the site, and it seems like folks have been on the site without posting in the thread.  I am concerned because I am wondering if you are expecting me to be engaging more.  I am deliberately waiting to do significant posts that address multiple responses, but if I am waiting for you, and you are waiting for me, no one is posting.

This is especially for my not-so-frequent posters, should I be doing one for one responses or giving everyone a chance to chime in?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:26:23/02-04-13)
I know that personally, not every time I can check the forums is a time that I can post - sizable posts from my phone are way too frustrating.

I think maybe letting people pop in to say "hey, I want to get something in here before we go past this" so that we know to wait for them wouldn't be a bad thing.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:33:10/02-04-13)
I know that personally, not every time I can check the forums is a time that I can post - sizable posts from my phone are way too frustrating.

I think maybe letting people pop in to say "hey, I want to get something in here before we go past this" so that we know to wait for them wouldn't be a bad thing.

You are not one of the ones I was worried about.   ;D  But that, "HOLD UP I NEED TO POST FROM HOME" idea may have legs.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:45:12/02-04-13)
I'm just pointing out that this might be where some of that comes in from.  Maybe.  Possibly.

But yes, if something's going on and I have something I want to contribute, being able to not miss out just because I was at work or something would be nice.

Also, having the NPC respond to everyone at once like that does make it kind of difficult to have any sort of conversation with them.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (22:30:29/02-04-13)
I, for one, have been holding off writing posts because I don't want to be the only one participating and want to let others in on the fun as well. But yeah, it does seem like some less frequent posters are waiting on something. Like Rhat said, maybe just "reserving" a spot in the storyline might be a good idea for those of us that can't post as frequently as the others.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:32:52/02-04-13)
I, for one, have been holding off writing posts because I don't want to be the only one participating and want to let others in on the fun as well. But yeah, it does seem like some less frequent posters are waiting on something. Like Rhat said, maybe just "reserving" a spot in the storyline might be a good idea for those of us that can't post as frequently as the others.

I do the same thing, sometimes - it wouldn't hurt for us to be able to know whether or not we need to.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (22:35:34/02-04-13)
Well, I'm suddenly at a loss...I'd been kind of assuming we'd be getting more from this Blackeagle chappy, but his latest comment seems designed to shut Torley's line of conversation down cold.

...anyone else got something?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (22:45:51/02-04-13)
Guess the GM is just telling us that's not the way forward?

A car sounds like a good idea. We could crash at the cabin and then drive somewhere else in the morning.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:47:24/02-04-13)
Would be worth asking how it came to be his valley, because I'm inclined to guess it's no coincidence we were dumped here.  I would, but Fionn's on a different subject right now.  Also, not a bad idea to check to see if he's mentioned anything he shouldn't know.

I'm basically treating his statements the way I'd read statements to old-Celtic style faeries with the whole "cannot tell a lie" thing - anything said directly shall be assumed to be true to his knowledge, anything less than a direct statement could be false.  Deceitful, yet honest and true to his word.  We can certainly tell that he's very powerful, as well.

And I can't help but feel that there'd be a catch to the whole "take the truck in", thing.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (22:59:00/02-04-13)
Good thoughts, RHat. Though I do have a question or two for the group...Sammy's assensing result indicated that he was mundane. Now, he may have the astral chameleon quality, which could throw things off; is there any other reason he might come up as mundane if he's really awakened? And if he really is awakened...how the hell did he find Heron's group, and who is this coyote spirit really serving (could be a free spirit, of course...)?

I don't have enough experience with the astral side of SR to answer these questions...  :-\
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (23:16:04/02-04-13)
He's most likely an initiated mage with the masking metamagic.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:18:57/02-04-13)
Well, Masking lets you appear as though your Magic is lower than it is - if you could lower it to 0 through that, would you not appear mundane?

Of course, that means his Initiate grade is at least equal to his Magic stat.  Powerful, as I said.

And Concealment is -Force to perception, not invisibility.  So, he could just be able to get enough dice to overcome that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (23:22:24/02-04-13)
I was thinking along the lines of an initiated ex-runner. In any case, he's very strong compared to us.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (23:25:42/02-04-13)
Masking allows a mage to appear mundane, look as though their magic is +/- their initiate grade, or appear to be a different type of astral being.

Seeing through the Concealment could be a high skill rating, a spirit using the Search power, or simply Hand of God.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:27:43/02-04-13)
Masking allows a mage to appear mundane, look as though their magic is +/- their initiate grade, or appear to be a different type of astral being.

Somehow, when I checked the text of masking, I overlooked the part where it said "look mundane".  Don't know how I managed that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (23:35:32/02-04-13)
I'm not opposed to keeping things moving; if I miss something, I miss something. If it's important or character threatening, that's another kettle of fish.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:54:40/02-04-13)
"Character threatening" is probably one of those areas where none of us needs to be asked to wait...

"Important", though, is where it's good to drop a note in here, because we're not going to know what's important to you otherwise.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (01:34:45/02-05-13)
Personally I've been trying to wait between posts, to give others a chance to get a word in edgewise. Particularly since the time zone difference means I'm asleep when most are posting.

As to Blackeagle, Heron is trying not to be too open with the guy since he's been watching us from when the barghests attacked at the latest and was close enough to hear our introductions to each other.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (01:53:50/02-05-13)
Personally I've been trying to wait between posts, to give others a chance to get a word in edgewise. Particularly since the time zone difference means I'm asleep when most are posting.


I have the same thing.  Like now I come to the forum and I see in the OOC thread about 30 something comments.  Also at work I can't do dice rolling, so if I need to roll something, it has to wait until the evening (my evening) before I can do it.

And compared to most PbPs where I've been in, we're moving forward very fast, so I don't think we need to find ways to speed it up.  :)  Some little tweaks maybe, but in general the speed is good I think.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (11:22:27/02-05-13)
I don't always reply when I check because I don't always have time and replying from my phone is next to impossible. I like to take time when I post and unfortunately (especially over the last few days) RL has been sucking up all my time. I'll work around anything that happens so don't wait on Johnny unless its a fight and at that point I'll make time to respond asap. Both me and Johnny are easy going guys so no worries.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:59:32/02-06-13)
Okay, that bit between Icarus and the spirit is now at least the second time I think I have misinterpreted intentions and responded in game in a way that feels wrong in hindsight.  The first came when I thought Clementine was trying to proposition Blackeagle.  I am apparently glitching all of my own personal Judge Intentions attempts so maybe this is something that needs discussing.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (21:02:38/02-06-13)
Hahaha! I didn't even realize you thought Clem was propositioning Blackeagle.

But to be fair, I also don't fully understand that bit between Icarus and the coyote.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (21:56:56/02-06-13)
From my pov, Icarus didn't offer something he has, but something Blackeagle could name. It's a pretty strong offer, assuming he can think of something American-made with a Japanese name that he needs and can't simply get himself. (then again, the assumptions of Giri make that kind of favour an obligation as big as whatever it was needed for)

Looking back at the post, I can see how that would have been confusing. While writing / IC, I almost assumed Coyote doesn't like open-ended offers.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:43:30/02-06-13)
Okay, time for another homework assignment, though it will be entirely up to you whether you want to post here or PM the information to me.

All of you are 'rookies', you have recently gotten serious about shadowrunning, it is the one common thread that you have determined from you limited interactions.  Several of you are only recently come to Seattle.  This does not reflect your professionalism or street smarts, it is assumed you would already be a bullet-ridden corpse if you lacked those.  What it does mean is that you haveno less than one but no more than three 'real runs' in the Metro Seattle area that you can hang your hats on.  This is the kind of thing that if someone were to question your ability you could say, if you were so inclined "You know that job XYZ?  Yeah, I had a hand in that."

This stuff is entirely on you to come up with, and you can be as detailed as you like, with the understanding these were minor jobs and any resources gained from them are either allready reflected in your background and sheets or has been consumed with no net gain.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (22:58:21/02-06-13)
Wetwork, though that term implies a level of sophistication that O'Connor doesn't possess. He's the type to walk into a room with an assault rifle, and several other weapons, loaded to bear and hose down an entire room rather than pop a target with a sniper rifle.

His only run involved him gunning down a crew of two-bit thieves that were hitting the Johnson's shipping trucks. The Johnson leaked intel on a truck carrying high end electronics to the thief crew. When the crew opened the truck what they found instead was O'Connor.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:12:40/02-06-13)
Fionn's runs are marked by it being hard to tell if anything happened at all - in lieu of a perfect way in, he used mass distraction (like triggering a site evacuation) to provide cover so the team could get in and out without having to shoot their way through.  It wasn't subtle, but it worked - and gave them time to get clear before security knew what had happened in on case.

That said...  If O'Connor's a wetwork guy, that's going to make things...  Interesting.  He and Fionn are probably going to clash pretty seriously when it comes to planning - just something to be aware of.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (00:20:31/02-07-13)
"Wouldn't mind getting a look around myself - with the permission of our host, of course?" Fionn nodded to Blackeagle, not wanting to abuse his hospitality.

Blackeagle isn't with us, the spirit led us to the cabin. Blackeagle's still running around in the woods somewhere.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (00:35:01/02-07-13)
His only run involved him gunning down a crew of two-bit thieves that were hitting the Johnson's shipping trucks. The Johnson leaked intel on a truck carrying high end electronics to the thief crew. When the crew opened the truck what they found instead was O'Connor.

That said...  If O'Connor's a wetwork guy, that's going to make things...  Interesting.  He and Fionn are probably going to clash pretty seriously when it comes to planning - just something to be aware of.

Okay, two things 1) Necro: That is not wetwork, and (not that he would care) he would probably insult those who specialize in wetwork by calling it that.  Call it "Property defense with extreme predjudice"  8)

And 2) RHat, did I miss the part where your two characters exchanged Christmas cards?   ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (00:36:28/02-07-13)
His only run involved him gunning down a crew of two-bit thieves that were hitting the Johnson's shipping trucks. The Johnson leaked intel on a truck carrying high end electronics to the thief crew. When the crew opened the truck what they found instead was O'Connor.

That said...  If O'Connor's a wetwork guy, that's going to make things...  Interesting.  He and Fionn are probably going to clash pretty seriously when it comes to planning - just something to be aware of.

Okay, two things 1) Necro: That is not wetwork, and (not that he would care) he would probably insult those who specialize in wetwork by calling it that.  Call it "Property defense with extreme predjudice"  8)

And 2) RHat, did I miss the part where your two characters exchanged Christmas cards?   ;)
What would the general term be for shooting people in the face for money be called then, gun-for-hire?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (00:48:27/02-07-13)
His only run involved him gunning down a crew of two-bit thieves that were hitting the Johnson's shipping trucks. The Johnson leaked intel on a truck carrying high end electronics to the thief crew. When the crew opened the truck what they found instead was O'Connor.

That said...  If O'Connor's a wetwork guy, that's going to make things...  Interesting.  He and Fionn are probably going to clash pretty seriously when it comes to planning - just something to be aware of.

Okay, two things 1) Necro: That is not wetwork, and (not that he would care) he would probably insult those who specialize in wetwork by calling it that.  Call it "Property defense with extreme predjudice"  8)

And 2) RHat, did I miss the part where your two characters exchanged Christmas cards?   ;)
What would the general term be for shooting people in the face for money be called then, gun-for-hire?

Essentially, yes, plus general mayhem.  Everyone assumes that if you hire a man with a gun that he may likely use it, you especially.  Wetwork involves specific target elimination, and you can charge a lot more for it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:07:15/02-07-13)
And 2) RHat, did I miss the part where your two characters exchanged Christmas cards?   ;)

I'm just saying for future notice, it's going to become interesting down the line.  And, editing the post - would it be fair to think of the spirit as being Blackeagle's proxy in this?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (01:14:55/02-07-13)
And 2) RHat, did I miss the part where your two characters exchanged Christmas cards?   ;)

I'm just saying for future notice, it's going to become interesting down the line.  And, editing the post - would it be fair to think of the spirit as being Blackeagle's proxy in this?

If you really find it necessary, but you were given access to the cabin already by Blackeagle, and the coyote really wouldn't care either way.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (01:24:25/02-07-13)
What would the general term be for shooting people in the face for money be called then, gun-for-hire?
Mercenary?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:28:54/02-07-13)
What would the general term be for shooting people in the face for money be called then, gun-for-hire?
Mercenary?
Enforcer?  Goon?  Muscle?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (01:57:36/02-07-13)
Thug?

Also, how does a teamwork Perception test for going over the cabin sound?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (02:01:02/02-07-13)
That works.  My Perception pool is kind of pitiful (defaulted to 4), so I suspect we'd be better off adding my hits to your pool.  Unless yours manages to come in lower somehow.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (02:22:46/02-07-13)
11 by default here, 14 when observing in detail.

4 is ok. Enough to buy a hit in normal circumstances.

Still:  :o
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (02:43:11/02-07-13)
my standard perception pool is also only 5 dice.  I don't have any implants or things like that to boost it, so as long as I don't have my equipment back (or replacements) that's it.

Of course, I can do make-overs  ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (03:06:15/02-07-13)
11 by default here, 14 when observing in detail.

4 is ok. Enough to buy a hit in normal circumstances.

Still:  :o

The skill doesn't come into play for Matrix perception, so I just got some glasses with some bonuses.  On the upside, pretty sure we get the +3 bonus for "actively looking", but I'm dealing with a -2 sustaining penalty still.  So, 5 dice for me!  Which only generate 1 extra die for you.

Perception teamwork test (5d6.hits(5)=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3911026/)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (03:34:20/02-07-13)
How does a teamwork Perception test for going over the cabin sound?

Teamwork Perception Test
Perception (Visual) 5 + Intuition 3 - CM 3 = Pool 5

5d6.hits(5) → [5,3,2,1,5] = (2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3911050/)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (03:59:52/02-07-13)
Teamwork perception test
Teamwork Perception (4d6.hits(5)=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3911057/) with a glitch
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (07:27:16/02-07-13)


Teamwork Perception Test: (11 dp +3 OID +1 Heron (glitch) +2 O'Connor +1 Fionn) (18d6.hits(5)=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3911129/)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (09:10:05/02-07-13)
Hm...  What time is it currently in game?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (09:19:35/02-07-13)
It was noonish when we met blackeagle.

So even with the speedup by spirit, it's probably late afternoon eveningish.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (09:25:54/02-07-13)
According to Crossbow, the sun is reaching the horizon, so I would say dusk.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (09:32:33/02-07-13)
Out of character, I'm looking for Fionn to be able to get (ideally) 5 hours of time to Register a Sprite, and then have time to sleep off any stun.  Will be very handy once we get back to the network.  I'm trying to figure out how best to express this in character, because he's a bit cryptic about these things.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (09:47:27/02-07-13)
Sam's most recent run isn't something he'll ever claim credit for. Seems a mid-to-high level finance manager at Saeder-Krupp met a nice young man for lunch one day; a few months later, he found that a significant chunk of the company's funds had disappeared. Suspecting embezzlement, he contacted security to have them track down the perpetrator. When they reported to his boss that the money had been transferred to a series of untraceable accounts using his credentials, the manager found out and committed suicide.

Around the same time, and completely coincidentally, the Yakuza experienced a slight surge of income.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (10:57:04/02-07-13)
Ok so Johnny really doesn't respect O'Conner so far.  ::) He's heading into the cabin to look for some clothes.
As for the perception test (including his adept power enhanced perception) he's got 8 dice. I don't what to roll for the team pool if anything.

Johnny has been on a few runs. The first was a crap shoot but its probably his best known run. The small team was supposed to get a incriminating bit of evidence from a Yak accountant. Things went bad and one of the team took two hollow points to the face. Johnny killed two hired Yak thugs with his bare hands and a Yakuza officer died with a set of chopsticks through his throat, hence earning him the nickname chopstixs.

His second run went much smoother but was nothing special. It was a simple interception of a horizon data chip from a studio to a director. He simply waited till the car stopped at a red light in a bad neighborhood (don't ever let your car just blindly trust gridlink) and mugged the guy.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (19:38:07/02-07-13)
Hey, Crossbow...did coyote stick around after getting us to the cabin? If so, I think Sam would like to go talk to him once he's done examining the SUV.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:50:28/02-07-13)
Question answered in the IC post.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:57:37/02-07-13)
Roughly what time would we estimate it to be?  Or is there a clock in the cabin somewhere?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:19:36/02-07-13)
Roughly what time would we estimate it to be?  Or is there a clock in the cabin somewhere?

Dusk.  Nope.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:23:07/02-07-13)
Alright.  I'll be attempting to register a Rating 5 Sprite, which is going to be something of a long post - and Fionn's gonna be out of it for five hours when he does so.  I expect we'll probably want to just come to a point where we time skip to when we leave in the morning, and I'll probably want to do my Registering post at that particular point in time.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:36:49/02-07-13)
Okay, so the idea is that Fionn is gonna be incommunicado till morning, understood.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:38:06/02-07-13)
Okay, so the idea is that Fionn is gonna be incommunicado till morning, understood.

Yeah, once he actually sits down to do it - pretty much immediately be aiming to sleep off as much Fading as possible after he's done.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:17:41/02-07-13)
Okay, so the idea is that Fionn is gonna be incommunicado till morning, understood.

Yeah, once he actually sits down to do it - pretty much immediately be aiming to sleep off as much Fading as possible after he's done.

Considering an average 12 hour night cycle, give or take, and any desire for an early start, I would think he would be making a quick meal and claim the bed, like NOW.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:23:55/02-07-13)
In the process of finding a bed as of my last post.  Probably gonna have to leave the rest of the group to their discussion.  I just want to let people have the opportunity to reply before he's incommunicado.

Given his habit of not eating when he should, he's probably going to forget to grab food unless someone suggests it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:46:48/02-07-13)
Blackeagle indicated that Yakima was to the northeast.  Could check for a road map in the truck, too.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (01:31:22/02-08-13)
How many more people can O'Connor alienate before the day is through?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (01:33:37/02-08-13)
How many more people can O'Connor alienate before the day his through?

Well the coyote is out there under a tree, feel free to go mess with him ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:41:18/02-08-13)
How many more people can O'Connor alienate before the day his through?

Believe it or not, he has yet to actually alienate Fionn.  Just amuse him at O'Connor's expense.  The "shoot people in the face for money" conversation would certainly do it, though.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (04:20:32/02-08-13)
Okay, so, I'm going to be getting some much needed sleep right now.  Hopefully.

Come morning if there's anything I need to reply to, I'll deal with it then.  Otherwise, Fionn will say something or other about what he's doing and from everyone else's viewpoint seem to just pass out.  I'll deal with the Registering stuff in the morning.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (04:34:05/02-08-13)
While Icarus isn't well known by even fresh 'runner standards, he has brought up one job IC (however hard to trace back that might be), but probably won't talk about any of them in greater detail. Not that that's much of a loss - disrupting board meetings is pretty tame by most standards.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (17:55:35/02-08-13)
...  That was a very high Judge Intentions roll.  What do you figure would be Fionn's read on O'Connor with 7 hits, Necro?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (18:11:15/02-08-13)
Yeah, that was one heck of a roll.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (18:27:13/02-08-13)
I may decide to edit that last post once I have a result for that roll.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (20:03:15/02-08-13)
Do you think it will affect my / Hydro's post?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:05:22/02-08-13)
I'm open to the possibility that Fionn will want to say things a bit differently based on the result, but I'll avoid impacting the later posts as best as I can.  Meaning he'll probably have the same content, but communicated in a different form.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (21:24:45/02-08-13)
Clementine doesn't really care about Fionn's opinions, so unless there are some differences in his actions, what she does shouldn't change that much.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:29:22/02-08-13)
You don't need to worry - I'm more reserving the right to edit it in case the results of the roll make Fionn think that particular phrasing would set off O'Connor, and he might use different phrasing to avoid that - best not to piss him off before rendering oneself unconscious for several hours.  If conveying the information in and of itself would set him off, Fionn wouldn't bother trying to avoid that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (21:58:02/02-08-13)
I suppose you could infer that O'Connor is pretty ticked off, and given his temperament and work specialization that could lead to something.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:23:04/02-08-13)
Edit made.  You'll want to check it out before posting, Necro, but it shouldn't impact anyone else.

Edit: And please warn someone if you're going to delete a post ofter they've replied to it, could get confusing fast otherwise...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:45:48/02-08-13)
Apparently, I have missed an interesting evening of posts.  I am kinda sick, so don't count on much from me at the moment, I could be down all weekend if it gets worse and I got some school stuff that is a priority.  Just letting it be known.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:48:27/02-08-13)
Apparently, I have missed an interesting evening of posts.  I am kinda sick, so don't count on much from me at the moment, I could be down all weekend if it gets worse and I got some school stuff that is a priority.  Just letting it be known.

Couple of questions:  Do we have a map (say, in the glove compartment of the truck) that helps us know how to get to Yakima, and how long of a drive is it if we go the right way?  If we have answers to those questions, we can probably get by pretty easily for a bit with fewer/no GM posts - wouldn't likely need one until getting to town.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (01:07:38/02-09-13)
No maps, wouldn't help and not really needed anyway.  Ya'll handle business
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:39:44/02-09-13)
Astral nav, then?  Can't get exact distance, but counting turnoffs or identifying landmarks might be possible...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (04:15:27/02-09-13)
Farothel in case my post isn't immediately obvious, he's talking about astral tracking to any foci.
Assensing + Intuition (5, 1 hour) Extended Test
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (12:04:16/02-09-13)
So how often does edge refresh? I've heard various different answers including every time the character sleeps to only at the end of missions. Just curious.

Also is the moon out tonight? Just curious about when it gets dark how hampered are the humans going to be. Johnny might want to exercise or meditate before coming back in and if its pitch black outside when the sun sets that's probably going to be a bad idea.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (15:32:22/02-09-13)
So how often does edge refresh? I've heard various different answers including every time the character sleeps to only at the end of missions. Just curious.

Also is the moon out tonight? Just curious about when it gets dark how hampered are the humans going to be. Johnny might want to exercise or meditate before coming back in and if its pitch black outside when the sun sets that's probably going to be a bad idea.

Edge refreshes at GM's pleasure; he did say that it was refreshed when we got to the cabin.

As for light...even if it's a new moon, it'll probably be lighter outside than in, since the glitch when y'all were searching the house broke our only lantern. :o
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (19:38:19/02-09-13)
I was under the impression that the lantern was our "only portable light" - meaning there's some lighting inside.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (19:47:05/02-09-13)
I did mention firewood, I also mentioned an outhouse, so Clementine was either using a closet, which is going to make the cabin difficult to sleep in  :) , or some adjustment needs to be made.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:52:13/02-09-13)
As for light outside, call it a half moon, which is quite a bit of light.  At least enough to make your way aound the clearing if you have to.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (21:15:47/02-09-13)
My mistake, things have been changed.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:34:21/02-09-13)
Yeah, moonlight is typically enough to not need (nor want - diminishment of peripheral vision is indeed a factor) a flashlight on a clear night - human eyes adapt pretty readily to various light conditions.

What Fionn's doing for the next 5 hours:

[spoiler]Compile Sleuth Sprite Rating 5; Compiling Resistance; Fading Resistance (14d6.hits(5)=8, 5d6.hits(5)=2, 12d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3916960/)

Rating 5 Sleuth Sprite is compiled with 6 net hits and thus 6 tasks owing, 4S Fading (twice the total hits scored by the sprite) is resisted with 2 hits.  Don't suppose I get anything for the critical success?

Register Sleuth Sprite Rating 5; Registering Resistance; Fading Resistance (12d6.hits(5)=4, 10d6.hits(5)=3, 12d6.hits(5)=6) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3916964/)

Same sprite is now registered with one net hit, 6S Fading (equal to twice total hits scored by sprite) is fully resisted.  Sleuth Sprite registered like a freaking boss.

As it is rating 5, it gains 1 option Complex Form, for which I choose Exploit.
[/spoiler]

It's unfortunate that nobody in the group can see Fionn doing the thing he's best at.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (03:02:41/02-10-13)
So, that would be the first part of this process that I've posted now.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (03:26:21/02-10-13)
Well written, good job  :D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (03:37:11/02-10-13)
I try.  Figure I might not be able to keep this sort of detail up if we're running at a higher pace (that is to say, faster in-game time scale) later, but I'll take the opportunity for the extra RP where I can - and it's a good chance to dig into something that's a big aspect of the character.  Kind of fun trying to find ways to describe something that otherworldly, really - the imagery created by using adjectives for the wrong sense is kind of fun, too.

I just hope I can keep the quality up when I describe the hunt.  I'm kind of curious to see what people can guess about his stream (aka, the technomancer form of traditions), too - if nothing else, tells me how well I've been doing with characterization.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:35:47/02-10-13)
You know, given where things seem to be at at this point...  If people want to go ahead and skip on to morning, I can write up the rest of the Registering stuff and be done with that - I only decided to split it up so that I could keep posting if people wanted to cover more of the evening - didn't want to be boxed out of participation again so quickly :P.

Personally, I'm fully in favour of skipping on forward, but obviously I'm biased.  Anyone else have thoughts on the subject?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (23:43:06/02-10-13)
Unless something happens I'm pretty much done as well.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (01:56:43/02-11-13)
Farothel in case my post isn't immediately obvious, he's talking about astral tracking to any foci.
Assensing + Intuition (5, 1 hour) Extended Test

We mages still have to do this, to see where our equipment is.  I hadn't posted any rolls yet as I wanted to give Gorean a chance to reply, should he wish to do so.  :)

I'll roll tonight to keep things moving.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:58:49/02-11-13)
Well, I don't want to rush people if the group would rather take some time - its just that my read is that people are more or less wrapped for the night, so to speak.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (02:19:16/02-11-13)
I don't see anything that needs addressing.

Icarus still expects to take midnight to dawn watch, but unless something happens, or someone wants to bring a topic up, that's a non-event.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (03:06:55/02-11-13)
Yeah I was just waiting till everyone did what the wanted since we had to wait till sunset.

I'll get a post up later this morning.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (04:22:54/02-11-13)
Guess we're waiting on Necrogigas, irisheathen, and Thvor for confirmation then?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (05:35:11/02-11-13)
I'm good with moving ahead.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (07:37:57/02-11-13)
I don't think there's anything more for Sam to do this evening; he's just going to grab some grub and as good of a sleeping place as he can. Nothing really worth posting about. So, yeah, I'm ok with letting the GM take us to morning.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (11:21:06/02-11-13)
Johnny will practice for an hourish then meditate for about the same then sleep just inside the door. If we want to skip ahead I'm fine with that but  since we didn't set a watch something is probably gonna happen. I will say Johnny will keep an ear out while he's awake and outside. (Just tell me if I have to roll Crossbow.)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (12:27:08/02-11-13)
How many entrances, windows, and other points of entry are there to the cabin?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (12:37:22/02-11-13)
You people are so paranoid  ;)  2 windows, 2 doors.  Looks like I picked a good weekend to get sick, I will have a post later, now that I know everyone has settled in.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (12:50:49/02-11-13)
Just let me finish my post for the start of the foci tracking.

Doing it on the iPad takes a while and the days been hectic as well.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (15:42:38/02-11-13)
Take your time.  If necessary I'll reply tomorrow at work.  I've just found a way to get to invisible castle at work even though the firewall normally doesn't let me.  ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (17:49:24/02-11-13)
Often that's just DNS blocking - if you can figure out the IP address for where you want to go, it's pretty easier to circumvent them.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (02:51:49/02-12-13)
Incidentally, I'll wait for other posts to go up before I finish with mine, seeing as it would carry the timeline up about 5 hours...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (14:45:06/02-12-13)
added 9 more search rolls on my last post (just adding here as modifying a post doesn't put it as new).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (12:05:40/02-13-13)
I was gonna have Johnny react to the flame spirit but didn't know if he could see it. I only posted to make sure no one was waiting on me. So I guess most of us are ready for dawn?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (12:14:48/02-13-13)
Well, I think the mages need GM input first; their searching shouldn't take as long as the technomancer's sprite (one hopes). But, yeah, I think we're ready for Crossbow to come back from being sick. ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (12:59:21/02-13-13)
I hoped as well but I'd missed a rule which means that instead of taking a couple hours it'll probably take longer than an unbound spirit actually remains in service for.

So post away.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (13:12:46/02-13-13)
I hoped as well but I'd missed a rule which means that instead of taking a couple hours it'll probably take longer than an unbound spirit actually remains in service for.

So post away.

depends on how good we roll.  The spirit is there for the entire night (I don't know when dawn will come), even though we can't follow for that entire time.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (13:25:53/02-13-13)
The spirit has until dawn, which should give you a minimum of 10 chances at the test, if both spirits are working together and the mages give a boost for the first four, there is no reason you shouldn't get there unless the foci are concealed some how.  That information would be a clue itself, so you should try.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (13:28:12/02-13-13)
I hoped as well but I'd missed a rule which means that instead of taking a couple hours it'll probably take longer than an unbound spirit actually remains in service for.

So post away.

Which rule is that? As I'm reading the rules, the spirit's search power (SR4A p. 297) is a magic+ intuition (5, 10 minutes) test, with the threshold going up 5 for a nonliving object (note: I'm not sure if this penalty is meant to apply to foci; I would personally expect it to apply just to items which don't have an astral presence), and one additional point for each kilometer away. So if we're within 20 kilometers, we're talking about a threshold of 30.

For a force 4 spirit of air, you could buy two hits per each 10 minute period (4 magic + 4 intuition = 8 ); that's 12 hits per hour, or 30 hits in two and a half hours...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (13:33:26/02-13-13)
I hoped as well but I'd missed a rule which means that instead of taking a couple hours it'll probably take longer than an unbound spirit actually remains in service for.

So post away.

Which rule is that? As I'm reading the rules, the spirit's search power (SR4A p. 297) is a magic+ intuition (5, 10 minutes) test, with the threshold going up 5 for a nonliving object (note: I'm not sure if this penalty is meant to apply to foci; I would personally expect it to apply just to items which don't have an astral presence), and one additional point for each kilometer away. So if we're within 20 kilometers, we're talking about a threshold of 30.

For a force 4 spirit of air, you could buy two hits per each 10 minute period (4 magic + 4 intuition = 8 ); that's 12 hits per hour, or 30 hits in two and a half hours...

They are talking about astral tracking of bonded foci, which is a similar test, but the duration is an hour.

Rhat, regardless of the mages continueing to try their search, Fionne would finish first, so feel free to post, I will handle their results afterwards..
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (13:55:32/02-13-13)
They are talking about astral tracking of bonded foci, which is a similar test, but the duration is an hour.

Ah. Hadn't looked at that one. Though I have to say, I'm not sure it's better than just using the spirits' search ability, especially since the threshold goes up by 1 for every hour since the astral link was active--which is going to be at least 12, since they haven't been able to use the foci all day (and probably weren't using them that close to when we woke up, so that takes it even higher). Astral tracking's not limited by distance, sure, but the time difference (in this case) is huge.  ???

...

Hrm, let's play with the numbers. Assuming one can get 2 hits per test, and that it's only been 12 hours since the foci were active--a very conservative estimate, if you ask me--and that there isn't a mana barrier or other form of concealment, we're talking about taking 9 hours for the astral tracking route. That's 54 10-minute periods, enough to do a (108,10 minutes) extended test search...the equivalent of searching for a non-living object concealed by someone with 10 magic behind a force 10 mana barrier up to 78 kilometers away from us.

...

Of course, Yakima is about 200 km from Seattle, so if our gear's back home, then a search wouldn't do it for us. :-\ Guess it depends on whether our mages figure that our gear is relatively close to where we are, or that we were actively using our gear relatively close to when we woke up.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (14:00:28/02-13-13)
I'd say go for it. It might be close, if not at least you checked and covered our bases. If you cant find it after a few hours give up and you can check again when we get to the nearest town.

Just my two cents.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (14:08:11/02-13-13)
Okay, time for some rough justice, as Judge Marilyn Milian puts it.

The mages and I all kinda fumbled the astral tracking rules, so I am gonna get this fixed.  Both of them successfully generated spirits to help them track, so the best way to get this done is for Sammy's Spirit to be the lead searcher and the rest to help, with the mages falling out after 4 and 5 hours due to astral body limitations.  The lead can only get a bonus up it's skill for the combined effort, so a max boost of 5.  Gorean, Heron would still have his edge since I would assume with that situation you wouldn't pop it just to coordinate.

Fire Sprit is 5 Intuition and 5 Assensing with a max boost of 5 to it's total.

Air Spirit is 4 & 4 to coordinate for the whole search.
Sammy is 3 & 3 for the first 5 hours
Heron is 3 & 1 for the first 4.

I will roll the dice and make any adjustments needed as we go.  Everyone clear?  Super.  :P

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (14:19:23/02-13-13)
Heron's spirit's coordination checks, 10 hours (8d6.hits(5)=2, 8d6.hits(5)=2, 8d6.hits(5)=2, 8d6.hits(5)=6, 8d6.hits(5)=3, 8d6.hits(5)=3, 8d6.hits(5)=3, 8d6.hits(5)=0, 8d6.hits(5)=4, 8d6.hits(5)=0) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3923300/)  No Glitches

Sammy's coordination checks, 5 hours (6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3923305/) Glitch in the 3rd hour, will assume farothel will negate, but the glitch won't impact the search so I will move on.

Heron's coordination checks, 4 hours (4d6.hits(5)=1, 4d6.hits(5)=2, 4d6.hits(5)=1, 4d6.hits(5)=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3923315/) Also a glitch in the 3rd hour, interesting, same scenario, let me know.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (14:24:38/02-13-13)
I hoped as well but I'd missed a rule which means that instead of taking a couple hours it'll probably take longer than an unbound spirit actually remains in service for.

So post away.

Which rule is that? As I'm reading the rules, the spirit's search power (SR4A p. 297) is a magic+ intuition (5, 10 minutes) test, with the threshold going up 5 for a nonliving object (note: I'm not sure if this penalty is meant to apply to foci; I would personally expect it to apply just to items which don't have an astral presence), and one additional point for each kilometer away. So if we're within 20 kilometers, we're talking about a threshold of 30.

For a force 4 spirit of air, you could buy two hits per each 10 minute period (4 magic + 4 intuition = 8 ); that's 12 hits per hour, or 30 hits in two and a half hours...

The main differences between astral tracking and search power is tracking finds an exact object, search finds the first object that looks like a mental image and that search is affected by distance but tracking is not.

The rule I forgot was that foci deactivate when taken from a mage, (So time since active is added to threshold.)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (14:25:21/02-13-13)
Heron's spirit's coordination checks, 10 hours (8d6.hits(5)=2, 8d6.hits(5)=2, 8d6.hits(5)=2, 8d6.hits(5)=6, 8d6.hits(5)=3, 8d6.hits(5)=3, 8d6.hits(5)=3, 8d6.hits(5)=0, 8d6.hits(5)=4, 8d6.hits(5)=0) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3923300/)  No Glitches

Sammy's coordination checks, 5 hours (6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3923305/) Glitch in the 3rd hour, will assume farothel will negate, but the glitch won't impact the search so I will move on.

Heron's coordination checks, 4 hours (4d6.hits(5)=1, 4d6.hits(5)=2, 4d6.hits(5)=1, 4d6.hits(5)=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3923315/) Also a glitch in the 3rd hour, interesting, same scenario, let me know.

Yeah i'll spend edge to negate the glitch, the threshold is high enough without raising it another 3 :-)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (14:28:59/02-13-13)
Okay, time for some rough justice, as Judge Marilyn Milian puts it.

The mages and I all kinda fumbled the astral tracking rules, so I am gonna get this fixed.  Both of them successfully generated spirits to help them track, so the best way to get this done is for Sammy's Spirit to be the lead searcher and the rest to help, with the mages falling out after 4 and 5 hours due to astral body limitations.  The lead can only get a bonus up it's skill for the combined effort, so a max boost of 5.  Gorean, Heron would still have his edge since I would assume with that situation you wouldn't pop it just to coordinate.

Fire Sprit is 5 Intuition and 5 Assensing with a max boost of 5 to it's total.

Air Spirit is 4 & 4 to coordinate for the whole search.
Sammy is 3 & 3 for the first 5 hours
Heron is 3 & 1 for the first 4.

I will roll the dice and make any adjustments needed as we go.  Everyone clear?  Super.  :P

And if we are really needed to help, we can return to our bodies and then go out immediately again for another 'magic' hours.  As far as I've seen, there's no rule preventing it, except maybe fatigue (we've been awake for some time  ;) ).

Other than that, good idea on the spirit ruling.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (14:38:23/02-13-13)
Fire Spirit tracking dice, by hour: 15, 15, 14, 15, 15, 13, 12, 10, 14, 10

Fire Spirit's Astral Tracking running total by hour. I rolled 15 everytime, so I will remove the dice off the end of the roll to account for the difference. 7, 9, 13, 20, 25, 30, 33, 36, 39, 43 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3923335/) No Glithes, even after adjustments.

I hope everyone is okay with this, I will move the story forward to the apprpriate point once RHat does his post.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (14:42:46/02-13-13)
And if we are really needed to help, we can return to our bodies and then go out immediately again for another 'magic' hours.  As far as I've seen, there's no rule preventing it, except maybe fatigue (we've been awake for some time  ;) ).


I will look, but that sounds abusive, consider this a house rule until I say otherwise, you can perceive right away, but you cannot project after a long trip unless you stay 'anchored' for a time equal to half the time you were gone.  Long trip= more than an hour
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (15:06:50/02-13-13)
And if we are really needed to help, we can return to our bodies and then go out immediately again for another 'magic' hours.  As far as I've seen, there's no rule preventing it, except maybe fatigue (we've been awake for some time  ;) ).


I will look, but that sounds abusive, consider this a house rule until I say otherwise, you can perceive right away, but you cannot project after a long trip unless you stay 'anchored' for a time equal to half the time you were gone.  Long trip= more than an hour

Don't worry, I wasn't planning on doing that.  After coming back, I was planning on crashing on a couch somewhere to have a good night's sleep (or what's left of it).  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (17:49:53/02-13-13)
Will get Fionn's registration finished up fairly soon.  Posting from phone presently.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (00:09:17/02-14-13)
[spoiler=Stun Damage Healing]
Body 4 + Willpower 3 = Pool 7

Hour 1
7d6.hits(5) → [2,5,2,6,1,3,1] = (2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3923929/)

Hour 2
7d6.hits(5) → [6,2,4,2,3,1,4] = (1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3923930/)

Hour 3
7d6.hits(5) → [1,2,6,1,1,2,6] = (2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3923931/)
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (07:21:52/02-14-13)
So, I guess we're just waiting on Gorean and farothel to finish things up, then?

[spoiler]

Body+Willpower to recover from 2 Stun damage. (6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3924189/)

Really only needed the first roll, I guess.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (07:50:15/02-14-13)
Waiting on Crossbow.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (07:54:22/02-14-13)
Ah.  M'kay.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (09:19:25/02-14-13)
Players are free to to post IC, and rouse when you want to.  Mages, apologies for assuming actions, it was done for convienience sake, but if you need a severe change to the listed activities, we can adjust.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (10:26:44/02-14-13)
So I take it the mages have told the other characters this information?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (10:29:51/02-14-13)
I will leave that up to them.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (11:17:23/02-14-13)
Players are free to to post IC, and rouse when you want to.  Mages, apologies for assuming actions, it was done for convienience sake, but if you need a severe change to the listed activities, we can adjust.

Nah that's perfect.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (12:47:21/02-14-13)
Stun Damage Healing
[spoiler]
Body (5) + Willpower (2) : 7d6.hits(5)=1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3924531/)
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (12:49:18/02-14-13)
I liked it Crossbow.  We got what we wanted, so I'm so not complaining.  :)

I also have some stun damage to heal (2 in fact): url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3924560/]body 4 + willpower 4 =8 (8d6.hits(5) =4)[/url]
seems no big problem.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:18:08/02-14-13)
As there have been enough hints to the fact that NOBODY apparently remembers this from the initial description, I will reprint it here in the OOC:

The spread is a simple and timeless one, log cabin well laid in with chopped wood and basic provisions (dried meat, beans, coffee, salt, flour).  Several pelts and furs are present, as well as basic clothing in sufficient quantity for an acceptable level of modesty to be achieved by all.   A basic pump and trough are available for drinking and simple cleanup, a larger tub hangs on the wall for more extensive efforts, and finally an outhouse, complete with crescent moon cutout, can be seen at the end of a well-worn path into the tree line.

All unspoken questions answered?  Cool.  ::) ;) ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (23:35:13/02-14-13)
Well, sure, but Sam wouldn't know how to brew coffee. Closest he comes is ordering it at restaurants. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (23:49:48/02-14-13)
Can we assume buying hits on Perception when not actively looking for something?

Code: [Select]
Perceiver is distracted –2 (not observing in detail)
Interfering sight/odor/sound –2
Object/sound not in immediate vicinity –2
Object/sound far away –3

Code: [Select]
Obvious  (1) Neon sign, running crowd, yelling, gunfire
Normal   (2) Street sign, average pedestrian, conversation, silenced gunfire
Obscured (3) Item dropped under table, contact lens, whispering

Based off that, Icarus could pick out normal events nearby (not silenced gunfire), and obvious events at a distance up to GM fiat "that's beyond far away".

Just wondering if O'Connor is yelling. :P
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (00:00:55/02-15-13)
I seriously doubt he is yelling, but I would be quite suprised if his jumping didn't aggrivate his ribs :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:06:13/02-15-13)
Assuming for purposes of that post that O'Connor and Blackeagle are out of view.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (00:07:31/02-15-13)
Unless O'Connor kept walking, they are behind the cabin.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (00:09:45/02-15-13)
Quote from: Crossbow
I seriously doubt he is yelling, but I would be quite surprised if his jumping didn't aggravate his ribs :)

Unless O'Connor kept walking, they are behind the cabin.

I assume just about everything aggravates his ribs, it just gets tedious having to mention it every single post.

He came to a stop.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (00:18:27/02-15-13)
For the purposes of American geography, cities and suburbs, my OOC knowledge is relatively slim. ???

Also, I thought we were further east somehow.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (00:25:20/02-15-13)
Let me Google that for you, without being a dick about it:

Yakima is in the central south end of the state, Tacoma and Seattle are in the northwest, on Puget Sound (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sugexp=les;&gs_rn=3&gs_ri=psy-ab&cp=19&gs_id=i&xhr=t&qscrl=1&rlz=1T4ADFA_enUS463US464&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.42553238,d.eWU&ion=1&biw=1366&bih=589&wrapid=tljp1360905806426034&q=map+of+washington+state&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x5485e5ffe7c3b0f9:0x944278686c5ff3ba,Washington&gl=us&sa=X&ei=W8YdUY27LoG89gSvtIC4Cw&sqi=2&ved=0CC0Q8gEwAA)

Until I went to the Yakima Proving Grounds in the Army, I had no idea it was there either.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:34:50/02-15-13)
For the purposes of American geography, cities and suburbs, my OOC knowledge is relatively slim. ???

Also, I thought we were further east somehow.

I'll admit, I only know from reading the Seattle 2074 sourcebook - my American geographical knowledge doesn't generally cut down to that scale.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (01:47:34/02-15-13)
From what I've googled, Yakima-Seatle is 142 miles.  But we first have to get to Yakima of course.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (02:23:26/02-15-13)
Damn completely slipped my mind that I can default on first aid.

What modifiers would I have?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (03:14:42/02-15-13)
Damn completely slipped my mind that I can default on first aid.

What modifiers would I have?

Okay, I am gonna be a little snarky here, but afterwards I have a serious question, so stay tuned.

Yep, you can default on first aid to logic, within 12 hours of receiving the wound, and if magical healing has not yet been applied, there probably would have been modifiers at the time, such as having inadequate supplies, of course that could have been negated if there was something useful laying around like gauze pads and duct tape.

Okay, if you made it this far, serious question time: it says in the skill description you can default first aid, but under using first aid it says you can heal damage only equal to the skill rating.  WASSUPWITDAT?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (03:22:46/02-15-13)
Teamwork tests?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (03:25:26/02-15-13)
Okay, if you made it this far, serious question time: it says in the skill description you can default first aid, but under using first aid it says you can heal damage only equal to the skill rating.  WASSUPWITDAT?
It's so that even without first aid skill, you can diagnose more than "he's been hurt". (legit application of the first aid skill)
Also;
Quote from: Medkits and Autodocs
If the character is untrained, she can still make the test using her own attribute and the device’s rating in place of her skill.

Would you allow someone skilled in first aid to make a fresh attempt after a critical glitch hurts a patient further?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (09:24:25/02-15-13)
Okay, if you made it this far, serious question time: it says in the skill description you can default first aid, but under using first aid it says you can heal damage only equal to the skill rating.  WASSUPWITDAT?
It's so that even without first aid skill, you can diagnose more than "he's been hurt". (legit application of the first aid skill)
Also;

That's indeed true.  Even if you haven't had a first aid course, you can still say 'I think he has a broken leg' after you feel that you can move said leg into directions it was not meant to go (whether your patient will like you doing that is something else of course  ;D ).

So in our case we had magical healing by Heron (If I recall correctly on page 4 or 5 of the IC thread) and if I read the rules correctly, that should be all O'Connor can receive.  The rest will either have to heal all by itself or by long-term treatment in a hospital, using the medicine skill.

Quote
from the base book on healing:
First Aid may only be applied to a character once (for that set of wounds), and it may not be applied if the character has been magically healed.
AND from the basebook on the health spell:
A character can only be magically healed once for any single set of injuries.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (11:57:11/02-15-13)
Please tell me the A on that map isn't our location.  :(
Ok so played around with Google maps a little. If A is our current position then Yakima is about 120 miles (200km) away and Seattle (City center) is about 160 (260km) if we use I-90 (If I remember correctly all the smaller roads are gone). The sound  is about 175 miles (280km) away from our current position. So yeah... In the middle of BFE.  :o
Being from the east coast I had no idea we were so far out from Seattle. This is fun.  ;D

(Johnny still has the two boxes of physical damage he started the game with in case any mage wants to magically fix him up. :) )
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (12:08:23/02-15-13)
No, we're much closer to Yakima. Crossbow's link was just to "Washington State", so Google picked the rough center of the state to drop the pin.

This (http://goo.gl/maps/NRhLe) would be a bit more useful to look at, though I'm just highlighting Yakima and the docks in Tacoma; we're somewhere in the mountains west of Yakima (I think someone said Yakima's NE of our current location, but I'm too lazy to go verify that right now).

And for those who haven't been to Seattle in 2072, I've found this map (http://shadowrun.chinagreenelvis.com/map/index.html) to be pretty damn useful.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (13:42:10/02-15-13)
well if I remember my OOC knowledge correctly then O'Connor started with damage so he can be healed again for that set of injuries. Same with Johnny.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (15:18:54/02-15-13)
@Gorean Doesn't it matter if its been longer then 12 hours for first aid or are you talking about more magical healing? Also nobody ever healed Johnny to begin with.

@Thvor: thats what i was hoping but just wanted to be sure.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (15:39:26/02-15-13)
@irisheathen Magic healing. I believe O'Connor started wounded as did you. though Heron only knows about the injury from the barghest.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (15:57:13/02-15-13)
I've always been under the impression that, for magic healing, damage stacks and isn't kept in separate groupings.

For example this sequence of events is legal: Take 3 boxes of damage, healed for 3, take another 3 boxes of damage, healed for 3.

But for this sequence you'd have to wait for natural healing to take care of the rest: Take 3 boxes of damage, take 3 boxes of damage, healed for 3.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (16:10:42/02-15-13)
Yeah it all comes down to what you consider a "single set of injuries".
Runs the gamut of of single bullet to single battle to day of getting your arse kicked.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (17:49:19/02-15-13)
Don't bother asking, unless one of you thinks you might know something about Pre-Crash shadow teams, you have never heard of the Babysitters.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (19:10:10/02-15-13)
Please tell me the A on that map isn't our location.  :(
Based on earlier descriptions I think we're somewhere on the east face of Mt. Adams (https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Mt+Adams&aq=0&oq=mt+ada&sll=37.269174,-119.306607&sspn=14.931389,33.815918&vpsrc=6&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Mt+Adams&ll=46.346928,-121.036377&spn=0.810507,2.113495&t=h&z=10&iwloc=A).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (19:12:29/02-15-13)
Clementine was going to ask about the babysitters, but if you advise against it, then she won't.

If you allow it, she'll put bandages on O'Connor, although she will have to default on it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (19:15:43/02-15-13)
Please tell me the A on that map isn't our location.  :(
Based on earlier descriptions I think we're somewhere on the east face of Mt. Adams (https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Mt+Adams&aq=0&oq=mt+ada&sll=37.269174,-119.306607&sspn=14.931389,33.815918&vpsrc=6&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Mt+Adams&ll=46.346928,-121.036377&spn=0.810507,2.113495&t=h&z=10&iwloc=A).

Pretty close, just west of there is where I put the valley
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (19:17:02/02-15-13)
Clementine was going to ask about the babysitters, but if you advise against it, then she won't.

If you allow it, she'll put bandages on O'Connor, although she will have to default on it.

Oh feel free to ask, I was just saving you the trouble of asking me for rolls to see if you knew them.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (19:31:29/02-15-13)
Clementine was going to ask about the babysitters, but if you advise against it, then she won't.

If you allow it, she'll put bandages on O'Connor, although she will have to default on it.

Does anyone on this team know first aid?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:08:17/02-15-13)
Clementine was going to ask about the babysitters, but if you advise against it, then she won't.

If you allow it, she'll put bandages on O'Connor, although she will have to default on it.

Does anyone on this team know first aid?

Sounds like someone has a karma sink in their future.

It won't heal him at all, but it is still a good idea to try, a default roll will at least make him able to move without further aggrivation.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:23:18/02-15-13)
Clementine was going to ask about the babysitters, but if you advise against it, then she won't.

If you allow it, she'll put bandages on O'Connor, although she will have to default on it.

Does anyone on this team know first aid?

Sounds like someone has a karma sink in their future.

It won't heal him at all, but it is still a good idea to try, a default roll will at least make him able to move without further aggrivation.


<.<  >.>

Dibs out?  Got way more than enough Karma sinks already.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (20:57:30/02-15-13)
I'd volunteer if there's free autosofts involved.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (21:07:00/02-15-13)
Sounds like someone has a karma sink in their future.

It won't heal him at all, but it is still a good idea to try, a default roll will at least make him able to move without further aggrivation.

With Sam's logic stat, there's not much point in sinking karma into it. :P And my default would be worse than Clem's, so I won't even try. :-[
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:10:24/02-15-13)
I'd volunteer if there's free autosofts involved.
Besides the fact that it's up to GM ruling whether or not the Technomancer version of Software can be used to make programs for other people, the interval on making Autosofts is 6 months.  "Free" isn't likely to happen - at best, I can compile Machine Sprites with the autosoft, which also opens up the benefit of Diagnostics.

Basically, could be more helpful if Blackeagle had a modern medkit.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (21:19:41/02-15-13)
Basically, could be more helpful if Blackeagle had a modern medkit.
No, no it wouldn't. Any time the GM gives the party something really useful for free, its booby-trapped somehow.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (21:40:19/02-15-13)
Besides the fact that it's up to GM ruling whether or not the Technomancer version of Software can be used to make programs for other people, the interval on making Autosofts is 6 months.  "Free" isn't likely to happen - at best, I can compile Machine Sprites with the autosoft, which also opens up the benefit of Diagnostics.
Basically, could be more helpful if Blackeagle had a modern medkit.
No, no it wouldn't. Any time the GM gives the party something really useful for free, its booby-trapped somehow.
That's an awful lot of assumption going on.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:45:00/02-15-13)
Basically, could be more helpful if Blackeagle had a modern medkit.
No, no it wouldn't. Any time the GM gives the party something really useful for free, its booby-trapped somehow.
So I get the Machine Sprite to analyze it.  Diagnostics helps it analyze the inner workings, after all.

Novo:  I cannot think of another simple way to get free programs.  Pretty sure you still have to pay for the cracked ones, too.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (22:25:13/02-15-13)
Are you sure you're playing a Shadowrunner? :P

I thought theft came with the job description. There's also freeware and open source contacts.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:36:09/02-15-13)
Are you sure you're playing a Shadowrunner? :P

I thought theft came with the job description. There's also freeware and open source contacts.

I said simple - stealing programs worth having and not getting caught isn't usually simple.  Also, freeware/open source programs fall under an optional rule, I usually make it a point not to assume such a rule is in play unless I've been told it is.  And weirdly, open source stuff isn't free in Shadowrun.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (23:54:39/02-15-13)
Guys, I'm not trying to rush anything, it's just that my character has low charisma, so I have to play her a bit bitchy.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (00:35:56/02-16-13)
(I'm assuming) It's all IC, Hydro. :)

FWIW, old way yakuza aren't exactly the most meta-friendly bunch.

@RHat: If it need not be the best, or the source code itself, then things become a lot simpler. Point given on the 'optional', though.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:39:04/02-16-13)
Pretty sure everyone's concerns are IC.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (00:58:21/02-16-13)
Definitely  IC.

Ok so I'm curious. Does anyone know of a good scale that tells me what a _ charisma is equivalent to? I mean if my character has a 1 or 3 or 5 in this attribute they can do XYZ but not A? I've been trying to figure out how dumb/smart Johnny is. Same goes for skills. It seems (in my brief amount of research) that its highly contested and up to the GM in the end. In other RPGs I've had a loose scale to base my RP on though so I donno.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (01:01:01/02-16-13)
As far as I understand it, rule of thumb for attribute ratings, for humans anyway, is that 1 is severely handicapped, 3 is average, and 6 is max human condition.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (01:18:40/02-16-13)
That's insane. :o I mean role play is cool but that's...wow. I kinda figured that 1 was functional and two was average at worst. Having 3 be average makes most characters seem way less cool and bad-ass or special.  :-\


Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:23:01/02-16-13)
1 is "weak", not "severely handicapped".  3 is "typical", though. There's a table on SR4A67.

Most characters have multiple attributes above 3, so...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (01:27:58/02-16-13)
If a 1 meant functional for attributes, there's no room for the underdeveloped. You couldn't explain the sickly (Body) or dumb (Logic), to name a few examples.

As for skills, the table at the start of the skills section of the corebook (pg. 119) is pretty good.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:40:00/02-16-13)
"Underdeveloped" is 2.  But "severely handicapped" has an altogether different meaning than weak, and would be built through Negative Qualities as well.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (01:44:45/02-16-13)
But then why have infirm and uneducated? or uncouth for that matter?

Yeah I read the skills table but I just wanted more of a skill by skill idea of what it means.
Its just really hard to role play a low charisma (or low (2) anything character) without some sort of RAW guide.
I found this on a thread earlier and thought it sounded about right
Quote
A skill of 1 represents the lowest level of professional training, not the lowest level of competency. Someone with a Con of 1 has had training or professional experience in how to con someone, but they aren't good enough to be a professional at it yet. -Fortinbras
But as for Attributes I'm at a loss.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:54:03/02-16-13)
Those qualities would be part of how you'd build "severely handicapped".
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (02:11:45/02-16-13)
@rhat: So what does underdeveloped mean? Like a logic 1 has a hard time with a 5 year old's jigsaw puzzle? Logic 2?
I think Johnny is really much dumber then I intended him to be and then what I've been RPing...
(This post is me being whiny and I apologize.)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (02:33:58/02-16-13)
Here's one way to look at it - median IQ is 100 on basically every test, and in most cases the standard deviation is set in the area of 10 points (IQ tests are specifically calibrated to measure intelligence relative to the average).  So, the spread might look something like this:

Logic 1    IQ 80      Logic 4   IQ 110
Logic 2    IQ 90      Logic 5   IQ 120
Logic 3    IQ 100      Logic 6   IQ 130


This means that Logic 1 through 5 accounts for around 80% of the population in the modern day.  Logic 1 is certainly lacking in general intelligence, but not at the point of mental retardation (defined as below 70).  Weak, but not severely handicapped.  Of course, using the same spacing starts to get messy...  I'd suggest using 15 or 20 point spacing after Logic 3, so that Logic 5 would be a gifted person.

You could use this as a gauge for the other stats, as well.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (02:39:21/02-16-13)
The way I see play. How "smart" your character is based on all the mental attributes . With the strengths weaknesses giving the flavor about areas that they're good or bad at.

For example i3 l5 w3 would seem to be an above average to smart guy who really excels in analytical situations.
i3 l3 w5 would also be smart but they could be characterized by being very persistent/methodical.

On the flip side someone like i4 l1 w3 would be average/slightly below average smarts. They would have instinctive insight into problems but truly suck at being able to explain how they got the solution. Would probably come across as a little uneducated at times, but not stupid.

That's basically how I see the mental stats.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (02:43:30/02-16-13)
The way I see play. How "smart" your character is based on all the mental attributes . With the strengths weaknesses giving the flavor about areas that they're good or bad at.

There are a great many multi-factor theories of intelligence out there; each mental stat would wind up correlating to more than one factor in such theories.

Actually, I've got a Personality textbook I could grab that had, as I recall, a very nice breakdown...  Will edit in a few.

EDIT:  Most useful thing I could find, after mining through a few books, was this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_multiple_intelligences).  In this model, Logic would likely correlate with logical-mathematical, linguistic, and naturalist.  Intuition correlates with linguistic, musical, spatial, bodily-kinesthetic, and to a limited extent interpersonal.  Charisma would correlate with intrapersonal, interpersonal, and linguistic.  Willpower, to me, seems like another factor entirely.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (02:46:00/02-16-13)
Have I missed any questions that really need answers OOC?  Just checking before we get a severe scenery change.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (02:57:29/02-16-13)
As a question, could we put Blackeagle as a contact on our character sheets?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (03:09:05/02-16-13)
I'll probably want to register a second sprite (lower rating this time) along the way.  Crack sprite could come in handy.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (03:18:37/02-16-13)
Can we also have a gm fiat type introduction of everyone as we drive over the next few hours.
As trying to remember which characters' names Heron actually knows is doing my head in.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (03:26:06/02-16-13)
I don't see why not. Get the ball started and Clem will follow.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (04:08:10/02-16-13)

Does anyone on this team know first aid?

The ironic thing is I'm able to heal you better if i just buy a decent medkit than if i learn first aid.
Since if you have the skill amount healed is limited to skill. If you don't have the skill amount healed is limited to medkit rating.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (04:18:57/02-16-13)
Is there any reason not to HR it that you use the higher of skill / medkit rating, and add the lower as a dicepool bonus? That one just baffles me.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (04:28:17/02-16-13)
Ok so did a post for when we start driving.

I tried to put into it time for people to do whatever before we move off, but if it's confusing I can pull it and repost it once people are done.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (07:09:09/02-16-13)
It should be clear to Clem that she cannot get Fionn to simply let this go - stop talking about it, sure, but it's obvious she can't keep him from tracking down some answers.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (08:04:37/02-16-13)
He'll find some answers on the Matrix, that's for sure. She just doesn't like to talk about her past, that's all. She sucks with Matrix stuff, hence the hate.

And yeah, if Fionn digs too deep, I see a physical confrontation between her and him. She has a big regret, so that will make things awkward if it surfaces in the group.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (11:20:54/02-16-13)
What's the seating arrangement?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (12:50:32/02-16-13)
If its set up like other old jeeps that's a drivers seat, a passenger seat, bench seat in the back (3 comfortably), far back (1 comfortably) unfortunately that's only 6 seats for 8 people. So we will have to squeeze 4 people into the back seat and 2 into the far back.

I'd say O'Connor should be in the passenger seat since he has the rifle. Johnny would be fine in the back seat or the far back.
I'd suggest this setup
Clem: front seat
O'Conner: Passenger seat
Back seat (from driver side window to passenger side window):Sammy, Fionn, Sam, and Heron (mages at windows for protection)
Far back: Johnny and Icarus (cause we are probably the biggest besides Clem and O'Conner)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (13:19:27/02-16-13)
Hydro:  If there's something the group doesn't need to know, Fionn doesn't need to share it.  But the less she tells him, the more he'll dig - just the way he handles things.  Habit from his more white hat days; the things people want to hide tend to be where their security risks come from.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (14:40:58/02-16-13)
As a question, could we put Blackeagle as a contact on our character sheets?

Not as a contact, but you can certainily make note of him.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (14:43:58/02-16-13)
I'll probably want to register a second sprite (lower rating this time) along the way.  Crack sprite could come in handy.

That is something I need to ask you about, when you leave the dead zone, are you going to pull the team over and dive in to the pool right away or what?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (14:52:44/02-16-13)
Anyone know a good synonym for sanctimoniousness? I think that word's a few syllables too long to be in O'Connor's vocabulary.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Gorean on (14:56:36/02-16-13)
What about "holier-than-thou" that's pretty common phrase even today?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (14:57:22/02-16-13)
Anyone know a good synonym for sanctimoniousness? I think that word's a few syllables too long to be in O'Connor's vocabulary.
prissy works for a girl
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (15:02:51/02-16-13)
By the way, it is not a big deal, but the seating is 2 3 3, though the back seat is only accible by folding down the middle, since you don't have cargo, someone can tuck down by the back window, but you take your risks if things get hairy
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (16:29:03/02-16-13)
I'll probably want to register a second sprite (lower rating this time) along the way.  Crack sprite could come in handy.

That is something I need to ask you about, when you leave the dead zone, are you going to pull the team over and dive in to the pool right away or what?

Don't need to pull over at all, so long as we don't pass into another dead zone - nature of the mesh network lets people be fully mobile - it's not centralized like modern wifi.  May just start off in AR to be able to communicate, though; will decide at the time.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (22:13:05/02-17-13)
I took the liberty of assuming we were on the right track. If that's not the case, let me know and I'll edit my post.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:27:45/02-18-13)
For reference:  Fionn has the Pacifist quality (lesser version, but still).  So in addition to it being entirely out of character, he's mechanically not permitted to cease having an issue with O'Conner's attitude on killing.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (01:30:50/02-18-13)
I guessed as much, but it still makes for interesting storytelling.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:33:17/02-18-13)
I guessed as much, but it still makes for interesting storytelling.

It does indeed, but I just wanted to make sure the parameters were clear.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (02:11:50/02-18-13)
Let's join the discussion.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (02:48:06/02-18-13)
Why not? That's all we can do until we get to Yakima.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:15:17/02-18-13)
For reference: Didn't really want this subject of discussion to turn into the O'Connor And Fionn Show, it's just hard to find an in-character way to drop it - I was kind of hoping at first other characters would jump in, but...

Plus, I'm waiting on something from Crossbow before I can go one too much.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (00:35:01/02-19-13)
Clementine is too amused by Fionn's tough stance/"I don't want to hurt anybody" way of thinking to stop him.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:40:40/02-19-13)
Clementine is too amused by Fionn's tough stance/"I don't want to hurt anybody" way of thinking to stop him.

More "I don't want to hurt anyone I don't have to" which is contrasted against "kill ALL the people!".  :P
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (01:55:51/02-19-13)
For reference: Didn't really want this subject of discussion to turn into the O'Connor And Fionn Show, it's just hard to find an in-character way to drop it - I was kind of hoping at first other characters would jump in, but...

Plus, I'm waiting on something from Crossbow before I can go one too much.

We are jumping in, but just not on O'Connor's side.  In fact, he's doing a very good job of isolating himself with his 'kill everything that stands in our way' attitude.  I assume there's a negative quality behind that (combat monster, or an addiction if I see you talking about getting a hit), but it starts to piss Sammy off (IC of course, OOC I like the discussion, and I've had far worse in my RPG carreer  :) ).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (02:05:27/02-19-13)
For reference: Didn't really want this subject of discussion to turn into the O'Connor And Fionn Show, it's just hard to find an in-character way to drop it - I was kind of hoping at first other characters would jump in, but...

Plus, I'm waiting on something from Crossbow before I can go one too much.

We are jumping in, but just not on O'Connor's side.  In fact, he's doing a very good job of isolating himself with his 'kill everything that stands in our way' attitude.  I assume there's a negative quality behind that (combat monster, or an addiction if I see you talking about getting a hit), but it starts to piss Sammy off (IC of course, OOC I like the discussion, and I've had far worse in my RPG carreer  :) ).


I was just trying to say that it was starting to feel too much like me and Necro going back and forth with the occasional interjection from others.  Might be I'm off on that, but...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (09:46:31/02-19-13)
"You do realize he's not Japanese, chummer"

Damn it, that's what I get for going from memory rather than checking my notes. I remembered that he'd done Yakuza work, and forgot about the tats. Stupid mistake that Sam really should not have made. Ah, well.

As for the multiple languages thing...well, Sam's a bit of a show-off. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (10:36:00/02-19-13)
If you want to modify your post, I'll modify mine as well.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (11:26:47/02-19-13)
Sorry peeps I've missed a day or so. I can hold off on replying if you all wanna modify the posts. Also worth mentioning that besides Johnny not speaking Japanese he isn't into they way of the warrior. Things Sam would know about him IC would be: Chinese facial features, Mandarin tats, used to be a stuntman, practicing Taoist. However besides Clem, Icarus might also know Japanese.
Just as a warning if the posts are left as is Johnny will probably take it as an insult that Sam assumed he was Japanese because he looks Asian. He won't say anything out loud cause he's reached a point where he's trying to decide if he should bounce as soon as they hit Seattle cause if the team has this much infighting its likely to get him killed next time not just memory wiped.

Sorry for the long OOC post just trying to convey Johnny's state cause he's just kinda sulking right now until any posts that need to be changed get changed.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (11:53:32/02-19-13)
Yeah, if people are ok with my changing it, I'll edit my post. Give me some time to do so, though; I've been mostly out of it for the last 36 hours or so (damn cold).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (11:59:59/02-19-13)
I think my last post is about something else and can stay as is, but I'll check after you guys have made the changes you want and I'll adapt if necessary.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (12:10:53/02-19-13)
I'm ok with waiting but I might not be able to post again till tomorrow night.  ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (15:56:08/02-19-13)
Ok, I've changed what Sam said to Johnny in addition to changing the language (as the cultural references wouldn't fit anyhow). Left what Sam said to Fionn intact, which I believe means that only Clem's response needs to be edited.

Sorry again about posting while mistaken. ::)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (18:31:40/02-19-13)
I removed my post following the modifications.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:15:17/02-19-13)
You people are very confusing
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (20:29:48/02-19-13)
You people are very confusing

Wait 'til I get going! ...where was I?

 ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:42:22/02-19-13)
I've edited my last post a touch now, best you guys take a look.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (20:48:30/02-19-13)
You people are very confusing

Wait 'til I get going! ...where was I?

 ;)
Australia. :P
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:49:07/02-19-13)
You people are very confusing

Wait 'til I get going! ...where was I?

 ;)
Australia. :P
Looking for drop bears.  :P
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:52:23/02-19-13)
We seem to have covered 200 clicks extraordinarily quickly...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (22:03:37/02-19-13)
We seem to have covered 200 clicks extraordinarily quickly...
Shush.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:04:35/02-19-13)
We seem to have covered 200 clicks extraordinarily quickly...
Shush.

...  There was supposed to be a bemused emoticon there, dammit.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:09:14/02-19-13)
We seem to have covered 200 clicks extraordinarily quickly...
Shush.

...  There was supposed to be a bemused emoticon there, dammit.

You know there is a brand new IC post that can be responded to?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (22:18:35/02-19-13)
We seem to have covered 200 clicks extraordinarily quickly...

Um, it was 200 to Tacoma, not to Yakima. Yakima we were supposed to be able to get to by lunch, easily.

Speaking of which, what time is it, GM?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (22:21:24/02-19-13)
Also, any obvious landmarks we can use in case we decide to split the party and want to regroup later?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:51:51/02-19-13)
Also, any obvious landmarks we can use in case we decide to split the party and want to regroup later?

Not really, I can tell you from personal experience, Yakima before it was 'reclaimed by nature' was the epitome of a whole lotta not much.

The restaurant Blackeagle suggested could pass, you made good time its right around 10 am.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (06:29:56/02-20-13)
How difficult would it be to pass off Japanese or Chinese as Amerindian? Not trying to say they're similar, but get an idea of how much work would need to go into it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (06:33:51/02-20-13)
Damn near impossible without magic, would be my opinion.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (06:35:50/02-20-13)
In what sense? Break it down.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (06:40:30/02-20-13)
Different skin tones, different predominant facial structure, and so on.  Obviously, you're looking at less difficulty than trying to pull the same trick with Fionn, but off the top you'd at least want to be claiming only one Amerind parent - discourages looking too closely.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (10:06:32/02-20-13)
Thvor, we're in the Salish-Shidhe Council, the dominant languages are English and Salish dialects.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (11:20:14/02-20-13)
Gah, you're right; I was thinking of Tir Tairngire, for some reason. :P I've edited my IC post to remove the gaff.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (11:44:25/02-20-13)
So since my revelation about Johnny's logic abilities (he still has a decent intuition so he's not a slack jawed dope) he will need some things spelled out for him. His questions will usually be asked innocently so when you read them don't think them sarcastic just dumb.   ::) :D 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (12:40:03/02-20-13)
So since my revelation about Johnny's logic abilities (he still has a decent intuition so he's not a slack jawed dope) he will need some things spelled out for him. His questions will usually be asked innocently so when you read them don't think them sarcastic just dumb.   ::) :D

Can we read them as both?  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (12:44:37/02-20-13)
So since my revelation about Johnny's logic abilities (he still has a decent intuition so he's not a slack jawed dope) he will need some things spelled out for him. His questions will usually be asked innocently so when you read them don't think them sarcastic just dumb.   ::) :D

Can we read them as both?  :)

You're the GM, you can read whatever you want.  ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (13:13:34/02-20-13)
The cash you have from Blackeagle comes out to about 100 nuyen, enough to feed the lot of you for the day, but not much else.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (13:16:04/02-20-13)
If anyone has some ideas for actions they want to try, I can give you an idea as to their level of success before you commit.  I will post a clearer description of immediate surrounding in a tick or two.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (14:31:26/02-20-13)
yes you may  ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (15:18:47/02-20-13)
If anyone has some ideas for actions they want to try, I can give you an idea as to their level of success before you commit.  I will post a clearer description of immediate surrounding in a tick or two.

Well, Sam's current plan is to walk casually away from the group and talk to the locals--either people on the street, or maybe a shopkeeper or two. Feel them out (gently) for the latest local news, gossip, anything odd going on.

[spoiler]Etiquette and Con have a 13 dice pool; Negotiation is 15.[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (15:42:36/02-20-13)
I'll see if I can use my fame to get a free lunch, plus chatting with the locals a bit (at least those who recognise me).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (18:09:56/02-20-13)
If anyone has some ideas for actions they want to try, I can give you an idea as to their level of success before you commit.  I will post a clearer description of immediate surrounding in a tick or two.

Well, Sam's current plan is to walk casually away from the group and talk to the locals--either people on the street, or maybe a shopkeeper or two. Feel them out (gently) for the latest local news, gossip, anything odd going on.

[spoiler]Etiquette and Con have a 13 dice pool; Negotiation is 15.[/spoiler]

You certainly can do that, but if you co-ordinate to help Sammy's idea take flight first, it would certainly go a long way towards establiishing her and the group's credibility.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (18:29:46/02-20-13)
I'm waiting on Data Search results before I know what I'm doing next.  Need some information to go off of.  Or should I make a few more rolls first?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (18:41:42/02-20-13)
Clem will follow Sammy and keep her mouth shut for most of the time.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (18:46:43/02-20-13)
Fionn will probably just pass himself off as the crew's tech guy.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (19:36:35/02-20-13)
I'm waiting on Data Search results before I know what I'm doing next.  Need some information to go off of.  Or should I make a few more rolls first?

I can give you some results based on what you have rolled, but it isn't going to be much.  The circumstances you are asking about are just too broad and general.  You and I already discussed that the rules on data search are vague, so let me try and explain my philosophy on a successful data search.

Any single word you can put in a search for will give you shitloads of data, even when you put in in several words it doesn't narrow the field much.  What I consider to be a successful data search is RELEVANT data.  That you have found that needle that matters in the haystack the approxiamate size of Nebraska (pre Awakening ;) )

There is going to be stuff that you just won't find, but you won't know until you look.  Take for example, the search you have outlined, "What happened to us?"  If there is data to be found on the subject, you could find it eventually, like if there was a police report or a blogger's post on it, but without those things you will not find anything particularly useful.  You can confirm things you already know, reports on Tir Taingire's use of Laes for example, that can be confirmed.  Shadow people in general though are notoriously difficult to find, precisely because their value is in that difficulty.  Once you get famous, it is hoped that you are good enough to handle those who can find you or scary enough that people don't try.  You guys aren't there yet.

Either way, the successes you rolled are probably not enough to have found relevant data just yet, give me some more rolls and/or refine your search parameters.

Not trying to nerf your ability, but I don't care how good you are at searches, you aren't going to find the pet name that O'Connor's pretty neighbor calls him, because it isn't on the net to be found.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (20:21:45/02-20-13)
That sounds fair to me. A bit more detective work I guess then.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:47:34/02-20-13)
At this point, I'm looking for a clue to start from - ideas as to where we all started to come together, that kind of thing.  I'm looking at before whatever happened, so that I have a starting point.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (20:48:14/02-20-13)
RHat--might be worth it to check in with a contact, but you might want to be careful about revealing that we're still alive... ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:57:12/02-20-13)
I have a particularly high loyalty free sprite as a contact, first one I'll be getting in touch with.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (21:09:29/02-20-13)
Ikari is pretty much just letting The Plan play out; there's personal opinions on a meta-led half-asian group driving an antique wearing clothing favourably described as "rustic" attempting to pass off as film crew ... I'm waiting for new options to crop, or things to turn south.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (21:26:31/02-20-13)
O'Connor will go along with the plan, hanging towards the back trying not to blow the group's cover.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (21:36:29/02-20-13)
Yeah, Clem was going to get in touch with her fixer and ask what the last job details were, etc.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:46:49/02-20-13)
If she trusts this fixer, perhaps she should ask Fionn to act as her commlink.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (22:14:37/02-20-13)
But does she trust Red?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (22:30:41/02-20-13)
She does, it's Fionn she doesn't :D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:35:23/02-20-13)
Which is probably going to be a problem well before we can get our gear back.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:48:00/02-20-13)
Okay, so at this point most if not all of you are going into the Diner and Fionn is making a call to who exactly?  Thvor is Sam going to go into the diner and lend weight to the story or go solo?  Either way I am gonna need a post and Con rolls from those going into the diner to sell the story and a post and roll from Rhat on his call.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (22:59:54/02-20-13)
Sure, Sam will roll with the group initially, at least. Should be fun to try to make these mooks look professional, right? :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:01:04/02-20-13)
Should that be a teamwork roll, then, or what?

As for rolling for a call...  If I'm calling up one of my contacts, which should I roll to see if I was in touch with them somewhere in the lost time or if they know anything about what happened?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (23:03:36/02-20-13)
Should that be a teamwork roll, then, or what?

As for rolling for a call...  If I'm calling up one of my contacts, which should I roll to see if I was in touch with them somewhere in the lost time or if they know anything about what happened?

Is it a skill roll at all for you to make the call?  If not sorry, toldja I was new at this, let me know who exactly you are contacting.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (23:07:24/02-20-13)
And yes, it will be a teamwork con, probably with Torley acting as the lead, Sammy will automatically give her fame bonus to Torley in addition to any dice she contributes, any one else trying to coordinate will need to post, otherwise you can stay silent and be entourage.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:11:09/02-20-13)
Nah, stuff like that just happens unless I'm being jammed or something.  As for who I'm gonna call...  Let's go with highest loyalty first; I'll get ahold of Creidhne - free machine sprite (Connection 2/Loyalty 4) if you don't recall.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (23:12:04/02-20-13)
Con Test
Charisma 2 - Default 1 - CM 2 = Pool -1/NULL

Yeah, O'Connor's just going to  keep quiet for once.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (23:19:05/02-20-13)
And yes, it will be a teamwork con, probably with Torley acting as the lead, Sammy will automatically give her fame bonus to Torley in addition to any dice she contributes, any one else trying to coordinate will need to post, otherwise you can stay silent and be entourage.

Oh, did I jump the gun on my IC posting? Sorry. Just...Sam wouldn't want the locals to get the first word in on a con. The key thing is to get people off-balance quickly; the rest is easy. :)

Regardless, if you need me to adjust my DP, just let me know. Though I am going to bed for the night now, so it'll have to wait eight hours or so... ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (23:22:35/02-20-13)
Clem will let the pros do their thing and follow their lead, talking only when she has to.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:40:14/02-20-13)
Con teamwork test (6d6.hits(5)=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3936126/)

Trying to decide whether or not it's worth it to buy off the glitch, given that it costs be 2 Edge to do it...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (23:44:02/02-20-13)
Yes you jumped the gun, you will get additional for your pool up to equal yourcon skill, based on their successes, plus 3 for Sammy's fame.
And yes, it will be a teamwork con, probably with Torley acting as the lead, Sammy will automatically give her fame bonus to Torley in addition to any dice she contributes, any one else trying to coordinate will need to post, otherwise you can stay silent and be entourage.

Oh, did I jump the gun on my IC posting? Sorry. Just...Sam wouldn't want the locals to get the first word in on a con. The key thing is to get people off-balance quickly; the rest is easy. :)

Regardless, if you need me to adjust my DP, just let me know. Though I am going to bed for the night now, so it'll have to wait eight hours or so... ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (23:48:48/02-20-13)
Ok, my con skill is 4, for anyone who's keeping score at home. Most of Sam's DP comes from other sources. ;D

I'll roll the extra 3-7 dice once the results are in, and then add them to my post.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (11:12:02/02-21-13)
I believe at this point, between Sammy and Fionn, we've got the four extra dice I'm allowed.

[spoiler]
Original: 13d6.hits(5)=5 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3936058/)
With contributions: 7d6.hits(5)=2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3936790/)

Total of 7 hits, no glitches except for RHat's.
[/spoiler]

Reading through the RAW on teamwork tests (SR4A p.65), I'm not sure that RHat's glitch affects the results at all:
Quote
Sometimes characters may choose to work together on a task, whether they are holding the door against a rampaging paracritter or fixing a car. To determine success, pick one character as the primary acting character. Each of the secondary characters makes the appropriate test; each hit they score adds +1 die to the primary character’s dice pool. The primary character then makes the test, and her results determine success. The maximum dice bonus the primary character can receive from teamwork is equal to that character’s skill.

If any of the assisting characters roll a critical glitch, raise the threshold for the test by 1 (3 for Extended Tests).

There's text for critical glitches, but not regular ones. ???
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (13:11:49/02-21-13)
I am waiting to find out if he is buying off the glitch, but you are right that it won't affect the test's success, I will just find another way to have my fun :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (13:50:48/02-21-13)
Hrm, something tells me we sold it.  :D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (16:00:48/02-21-13)
For anyone who wants in on the joke, Sam's reference to "Dom" is to one of his contacts whose club provides "extra" services, including prostitutes. Sam's a bad man sometimes. :-[ :o ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (16:18:24/02-21-13)
Thvor, you go as far with her as you want to go, she is already eating it up and completely dropped the 'sassy waitress' act.  Give me a Con and an Ettiquette roll just so I an idea of how much info you will get.  and give me a visual perception roll while you are at it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (16:22:19/02-21-13)
Rolls as requested:
[spoiler]
Con, Etiquette (same DP): 13d6.hits(5)=5, 13d6.hits(5)=4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3937279/)
Visual Perception: 12d6.hits(5)=4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3937280/)
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (17:45:04/02-21-13)
Not worth 2 edge to buy off that glitch if it won't impact our success.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (18:28:59/02-21-13)
got an easy one for you then, your contact is unavailable, who would you like to try now?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (19:00:22/02-21-13)
Useful info given to Sam: A good bit of the local economy is done through tribal scrip, credit or barter.  Though commlinks access is available it is not the most common means of doing business locally. 

You have the names of just about anyone you care to know, the worst of the criminal element in town is a group of rowdy young men and a few drunks, with heavy intermixing of those elements.

Rudy and Liam are the local gay couple, they have brought white culture as a novelty to Yakima and found a niche here, but are otherwise unremarkable.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (19:08:04/02-21-13)
Probably contact Jimmy (Connection 1, Loyalty 3, Bartender, would have been there at th pub Fionn last remembers being at).

[spoiler]Data Search rolls for a further 10 minutes (12d6.hits(5)=5, 12d6.hits(5)=5, 12d6.hits(5)=3, 12d6.hits(5)=2, 12d6.hits(5)=2, 12d6.hits(5)=2, 12d6.hits(5)=5, 12d6.hits(5)=4, 12d6.hits(5)=7, 12d6.hits(5)=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3937540/)[/spoiler]

And my total Data Search hits have reached 54.  Do I get anything for that?  :P
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:47:46/02-21-13)
No results on the search, you know where you can find O'Connor's record if you need to, and you think you can narrow the list of artists to three that did Clementine's ink, and you obviously have a shitload of fan site data on Sammy (including no less than three links to stories of her being Jetblack's lovechild).  If there was data you would have found it. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:30:47/02-21-13)
Fair warning, I leave tomorrow to go to Charlotte and compete in the Magic:the Gathering Grand Prix this weekend, I have no idea what kind of time or access I will have between now and Monday.  Wish me luck and you have been warned.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (01:56:45/02-22-13)
Good luck, hope you kick some ass.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (08:35:40/02-22-13)
Useful info given to Sam: A good bit of the local economy is done through tribal scrip, credit or barter.  Though commlinks access is available it is not the most common means of doing business locally. 

You have the names of just about anyone you care to know, the worst of the criminal element in town is a group of rowdy young men and a few drunks, with heavy intermixing of those elements.

Rudy and Liam are the local gay couple, they have brought white culture as a novelty to Yakima and found a niche here, but are otherwise unremarkable.

So, no recent oddities? People suddenly living better than usual, corporation interest, anything?

And definitely, good luck with the tourney!

Group: since Alice was such a font of information, sounds like we've now got a pretty good social roadmap of the town. What sort of person are we looking to acquire transportation, etc. from? How do we want to do so?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (12:01:25/02-22-13)
Thirding tourney thoughts.

@Thvor: If you get back to the SUV and talk about any of it IC...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (14:46:53/02-22-13)
Good luck to you, Crossbow.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (14:55:37/02-22-13)
Thanks guys, I have wifi at the hotel so I won't completely out of communication after all
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (15:55:27/02-22-13)
Yeah, good luck with the tourney.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (16:03:49/02-22-13)
Good Luck!

I vote we try the "unsavory" members of town for guns and vehicles and a possible way across the border. Worst case scenario were stuck with the SUV.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (19:00:51/02-22-13)
We've made too big a splash in too small a town for our actions to go unnoticed. We should just figure out how we're going to get back into Seattle, and then get the hell out of Dodge before we've drawn even more attention in this one horse town.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (19:56:03/02-22-13)
We could also try to talk people into giving (loaning?) us what we need...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (19:59:55/02-22-13)
Besides information gathering there's not much more to do there.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (20:02:14/02-22-13)
Isn't it a bit suspicious that a trid scouting group would be reduced to begging the locals instead of calling up the producers?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:03:48/02-22-13)
What we need to do is figure out how we're going to get back into Seattle, though.  I do not think we can simply drive in and expect it not to be an issue.

And Necro's right.  Though I do plan on having Fionn inquire about disposable commlinks and such on the basis that he has to get gear together for the rest of the crew.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (20:13:20/02-22-13)
Quote
What we need to do is figure out how we're going to get back into Seattle, though.

Page 20 and on, in the IC thread, FWIW. Unless we're tossing all of that out?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:24:01/02-22-13)
I don't think we really settled on anything, you know?  What I'm getting at, though, is that we should probably not be in too much of a hurry to get out of Yakima before we even figure out if there's anything we should be doing in Yakima.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (20:37:56/02-22-13)
We didn't, but there are questions still floating around, and ideas that we haven't made our way around to picking up or throwing out.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (05:19:05/02-23-13)
I have a solution to the crossing the border problem.  Why don't I tell them the new movie is about smuggling and if they know some people who might be interested in doing technical advise on how it works in the real world?  That could get us into contact with some people without anybody knowing what's going on.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (05:29:17/02-23-13)
Might be best if someone other than Sammy does that - star's not gonna be hiring on the consultants.  Torley could probably pass himself off as the producer or something, might work.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (05:30:11/02-23-13)
Sounds like a good idea, Farothel. Probably our safest bet at this point.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (05:33:06/02-23-13)
Might be best if someone other than Sammy does that - star's not gonna be hiring on the consultants.  Torley could probably pass himself off as the producer or something, might work.

It could be, but you're probably right and you are better at this than I am anyways.  Go for it I would say (you will have to let go of your waitress though  ;) ).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (05:34:20/02-23-13)
Might be best if someone other than Sammy does that - star's not gonna be hiring on the consultants.  Torley could probably pass himself off as the producer or something, might work.

It could be, but you're probably right and you are better at this than I am anyways.  Go for it I would say (you will have to let go of your waitress though  ;) ).

Torley's not mine.  :P  For my part, Fionn's gonna be trying to figure out how to get ahold of some 'links and such, cheap-as-free.

(Don't worry, I have enough trouble keeping players and characters matched up right myself)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (23:12:58/02-23-13)
Should we try forming a majority consensus?

Film crew? Puyallup border? Other?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (00:10:44/02-24-13)
I vote for film crew. Sammy is already drawing attention, so that would be the logical choice in my untrained opinion.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:48:02/02-24-13)
Getting over the border as a film crew has certain complications, however - see: SINs.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (00:55:58/02-24-13)
Border security might still be able to pull up info based on biometrics, but that could be a bigger issue for anyone who has more than one (fake) SIN at the moment. Coming back with multiple matches on an ID search doesn't do much for your credibility.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:04:37/02-24-13)
Also a problem if you have a real one and a fake one.  And I'm 99% certain O'Connor has a criminal SIN.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (04:41:15/02-24-13)
I think we should run the Puyallup border, its the least complicated plan. It doesn't require elaborate explanations and doesn't leave us indebted to any smuggler groups or the like. The only drawback is that it guarantees we get shot at  if things go south. If we go this route, we're going to want to steal off-road vehicles. I doubt the old ass SUV, laden down with eight people, is going to be able to outrun border patrol if we're spotted.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (05:14:54/02-24-13)
I'm thinking we might be better off working something out with a coyote as an exchange for services thing - no debt, just a direct pre-agreed job once we've got our stuff back.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (05:57:32/02-24-13)
You mean the free spirit?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (06:12:13/02-24-13)
A coyote is what you call a smuggler that facilitates illegal immigration.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (07:10:08/02-24-13)
Just goes to show you how unfamiliar with the Shadowrun lingo I am ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (07:17:11/02-24-13)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_smuggling

That's not SR jargon.  ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (07:29:30/02-24-13)
My bad. Guess I should read up on American lingo then...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (07:53:59/02-24-13)
To be fair, I didn't know about it until I looked it up myself.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:52:47/02-24-13)
I am home, I scrubbed out after 5 rounds, but I played a lot of MagicQuest with my kids and went down a waterslide.  As weekends go it was a good one.  Getting situated, expect posts soon.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:57:10/02-24-13)
Glad you had a good weekend at least; not too certain how strong a showing 5 rounds is, but I hope it was at least a fun five rounds.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (00:23:44/02-25-13)
Sounds like you enjoyed it, which would make it a good weekend in my books.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (01:14:34/02-25-13)
I can only guess you were at great wolf lodge (which is an awesome indoor water park/hotel). Totally love that place  8). Sorry to hear you didn't win but still sounds like you had an fun time.



 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (01:19:21/02-25-13)
I can only guess you were at great wolf lodge (which is an awesome indoor water park/hotel). Totally love that place  8). Sorry to hear you didn't win but still sounds like you had an fun time.

You are correct sir, we were big fans of the place before they had MagicQuest, now it isn't even a question if we can make it happen.  I went 2-3 at the tourney and dropped, I was never really in it, my card pool wasn't stellar, but the experience is good.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:47:11/02-25-13)
Let me know if you want a roll for that post I just made, Crossbow.  And it's just perfect that Clem decided to warn Icarus in another language so that Fionn doesn't know to take a run at the guy's 'link...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (01:50:49/02-25-13)
It happens that way sometimes, I need a perception roll for Icarus to spot the guy and a casual perception from O'Connor.  No roll needed on the request.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:53:18/02-25-13)
I was just commenting on the demonstration of how far the group has to go regarding coordination and teamwork.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (02:02:38/02-25-13)
I was just commenting on the demonstration of how far the group has to go regarding coordination and teamwork.

Just another part of the fun of starting this way, I actually am put off severely when a group of people, supposedly new to the business and to each other, start acting like seasoned pros and the life long friends that they are, ever see the movie Gamers?  That kinda stuff make me crazy.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (02:04:22/02-25-13)
I suppose we could consider this an intense team building exercise.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (02:07:05/02-25-13)
Clem has 2 reasons to involve Ikarus.

1- The tough guy might be local law enforcement and warning the whole team could cause certain "loose cannons" to act without thinking ;)

2- Clem knows Ikarus specializes in stealthy ops, so having him get closer would have a higher rate of success than if she or anyone else did.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (02:09:09/02-25-13)
And Fionn could ask his contact if he was alone with the Johnson or if there were others with him.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (02:15:35/02-25-13)
Contact said Fionn left for the meet.  Can't hurt to ask, though.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (06:40:56/02-25-13)
I need a perception roll for Icarus to spot the guy
How does eight hits sound? 8)

[spoiler]Observe In Detail: Rudy's Bar, "the big guy" (14d6.hits(5)=8) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3942831/)[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (06:53:04/02-25-13)
Wow, heck of a roll!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (09:39:37/02-25-13)
I need a perception roll for Icarus to spot the guy
How does eight hits sound? 8)

[spoiler]Observe In Detail: Rudy's Bar, "the big guy" (14d6.hits(5)=8) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3942831/)[/spoiler]

(writing pre-informed IC)

Nice, but it poses the question what are you going to do with the information on the tag on his underwear?  ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (17:48:25/02-25-13)
Critical success negates the glitch, good timing there :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (18:09:41/02-25-13)
Thank god! Invisible Castle has been black balling me lately :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:11:53/02-25-13)
That would be correct Thvor, you make a straight con check, but you still get you first impression, the fame bonus and a plus one for Alice's support of the story.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (20:41:24/02-25-13)
That would be correct Thvor, you make a straight con check, but you still get you first impression, the fame bonus and a plus one for Alice's support of the story.

No first impression (didn't take the quality), but I'm not going to complain about the dice roll. I've added it to the IC post, but here it is for convenience:
[spoiler]17d6.hits(5)=9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3943794/)[/spoiler]

No glitch, obviously. :D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (00:09:57/02-26-13)
Rhat, are you done with Jimmy and do you want to contact anyone else?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:12:28/02-26-13)
Unless Jimmy's got more to say, conversation's done.  Trying to decide if it's wise to contact my fixer or not...

Actually, throwing that out to the group for comment:  Only Loyalty 1, so I'm not sure if it would be too risky to contact her or not...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (01:55:22/02-26-13)
Unless Jimmy's got more to say, conversation's done.  Trying to decide if it's wise to contact my fixer or not...

Actually, throwing that out to the group for comment:  Only Loyalty 1, so I'm not sure if it would be too risky to contact her or not...

As if not half the world knows I'm currently in that village.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (02:00:58/02-26-13)
There is that.  Guess I might as well get in contact with her, then...

Also, Crossbow: My sprite was tasked to get some kind of timeline together regarding both the time leading up to the lost time and the lost time itself.  Shouldn't fan blogs and such have "sightings" on them that could be used to (with relative ease, in fact) stitch such a thing together about Sammy?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (05:13:27/02-26-13)
I think Ikari should phone in contacts before we start scraping the bottom of the barrel. It's only half the world so far, right?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (05:15:22/02-26-13)
Part of my plan here is to get ahold of a stack of disposable 'links so that everyone can start getting ahold of contacts.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (06:56:44/02-26-13)
That is making an awful lot of assumptions of the abilities of local criminal enterprise..
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (07:00:22/02-26-13)
What, the disposable links?  They're a legitimate product without so much as an availability stat.  Can probably buy them out of a freaking vending machine.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (09:08:24/02-26-13)
I'd question how much an amerind 2070 backwater buys into disposable consumer culture. Not something I have the faintest clue on.

Throwaway comms seem more like a city thing though, unless there's a recycler for it. (the same way you can get flats clothing and sandals)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (11:45:18/02-26-13)
Ok just want to confirm a few things:
Rifle is in the car. Car is low on gas. Clem has keys and all the money (whats left). Party has split into 3 groups (Johnny and Sam; O'Conner, Clem, Icarus, and Fionn; Sammy and Heron).

Current objectives listed in order of importance (in my opinion) : Acquire nonviolent gear. Gas up car. Find place for the night. Acquire way to cross border. Acquire violent gear (depending on method of border crossing).

As for the phones, you can purchase disposables (AKA Prepaid) at a lot of "backwoods" gas stations currently so I don't see it being a problem (especially if there is a criminal element in town.) A lot is resting on getting comms currently; with them we have access to our individual contacts as well as our individual money (which I assume we could pull out at a local bank or stuffer shack in the form of paper currency.

@Crossbow: How "backwoods" are we? Size of town? Approximate population?

@Thvor: Johnny will follow Sam's lead.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (13:36:47/02-26-13)
Okay from the top, yes samantha is famous, but she is also a runner, so while folks do recognize her, I assume her illusion magic keeps her from getting tailed if she cares about not letting them.  The blogs and fansites you mention have pegged her as having permanently moved to Seattle, and even where she was clubbing on Saturday night, but that's it.  You really can't find much, you guys are too new, you have too little data to work with (SINs, name, really any data) and you are trying to track multiple individuals whose existence depends on being hard to track down.

You are in a small town, the population is a few thousand. No public transit, one business district, one mall, one movie house kinda place.  Probably a county seat if they have that kinda place, but only because of a lack of competition for the title.

The disposable comlink you are going to need to show me, because I can't find it.  A basic comm costs 300 and you need a SIN to get one. (which none of you have, though Fionne can fake it)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (13:43:41/02-26-13)
So, Sam's trying to (gently) pump the sheriff for information on where to get gear. A secondary objective during the tour will be to find out the local power structure--are there any corporations working in the area, etc.--with some hope of figuring out why the team was dumped near Yakima in the first place.

Johnny was brought along largely because Sam didn't want to go off with the sheriff without bringing some muscle along. :) Paranoia is a great thing, isn't it?

Sam would also be keeping an eye out for vehicles that look like easy potential acquisitions; I'm trying to come up with a plausible story to tell the sheriff to talk him into loaning us his vehicle (truck? generally, rural police forces will use bigger vehicles which can go off-road if needed), but I'm not sure I'd be able to pull that one off.  ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (13:45:49/02-26-13)
The disposable comlink you are going to need to show me, because I can't find it.  A basic comm costs 300 and you need a SIN to get one. (which none of you have, though Fionne can fake it)

Disposable commlink: unwired p196.  And I have a SIN, although not on me at the moment.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (13:52:22/02-26-13)
The disposable comlink you are going to need to show me, because I can't find it.  A basic comm costs 300 and you need a SIN to get one. (which none of you have, though Fionne can fake it)

Disposable commlink: unwired p196.  And I have a SIN, although not on me at the moment.

Okay got it, same 300, and it is that not being on you that is the problem.  Several of you have SINs, and feel free to speak to the local authorites about that, just get ready for several governments to crawl all up in your business when you do, and don't expect a lot of freedom when after you do.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (18:30:09/02-26-13)
The disposable comlink you are going to need to show me, because I can't find it.  A basic comm costs 300 and you need a SIN to get one. (which none of you have, though Fionne can fake it)

Disposable commlink: unwired p196.  And I have a SIN, although not on me at the moment.

Okay got it, same 300, and it is that not being on you that is the problem.  Several of you have SINs, and feel free to speak to the local authorites about that, just get ready for several governments to crawl all up in your business when you do, and don't expect a lot of freedom when after you do.

I'm basically looking to Spoof a vending machine to get ahold of them - trick it into thinking it's gotten an appropriate transaction, or somesuch.  Given that the MSP service and commcode are baked in, there's really no reason they'd need a SIN.

Also not sure where you're reading that you need a SIN to get a commlink (Unwired even covers MSP's for the SINless or those that just don't want to give one out).  Freaking everyone has commlinks.  Hence all the jokes about toaster networking in the Barrens.

Also, suggestion:  Don't insist again that Rudy take the money.  He might take that as an insult, in fact.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (18:47:10/02-26-13)
The disposable comlink you are going to need to show me, because I can't find it.  A basic comm costs 300 and you need a SIN to get one. (which none of you have, though Fionne can fake it)

Disposable commlink: unwired p196.  And I have a SIN, although not on me at the moment.

Okay got it, same 300, and it is that not being on you that is the problem.  Several of you have SINs, and feel free to speak to the local authorites about that, just get ready for several governments to crawl all up in your business when you do, and don't expect a lot of freedom when after you do.

I'm basically looking to Spoof a vending machine to get ahold of them - trick it into thinking it's gotten an appropriate transaction, or somesuch.  Given that the MSP service and commcode are baked in, there's really no reason they'd need a SIN.

Also not sure where you're reading that you need a SIN to get a commlink (Unwired even covers MSP's for the SINless or those that just don't want to give one out).  Freaking everyone has commlinks.  Hence all the jokes about toaster networking in the Barrens.

Okay I need to find what MSP is, but I would allow that to work if you can find a vending machine, not likely to find that unless you go out the the truck stop though.

Also, suggestion:  Don't insist again that Rudy take the money.  He might take that as an insult, in fact.

Kinda curious why you did ever tried to, or force it the first time, thought the whole idea of the movie thing was a free meal?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (18:54:41/02-26-13)
Matrix Service Provider.  Takes care of things like commcodes, and often they have other handy stuff.  Rolled into lifestyle costs, pretty sure.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (19:21:48/02-26-13)
It's a matter conflicting codes of conduct, as I see it.

If there's a tip jar, Ikari put the refused cash in there, and moved on.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (19:33:51/02-26-13)
If it's a particularly old school code, refusing the generosity of a host might actually be a bad thing as well.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (19:49:50/02-26-13)
Since Ikari isn't the one holding the cash, he isn't really in a position to give the money away for no reason. Unless of course he wants to physically take it from Clem and cause a scene, though that would require a lot of backtracking in the posts.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (20:01:36/02-26-13)
The assumption following Rudy's comment is that it went on the counter. Getting physical with anyone - or backtracking anything - is way beyond where I want to take any of this.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:04:16/02-26-13)
So it is clear, Clem still has all the money, it was offered, refused, insisted and refused again.  If that is a problem, start backtracking :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:04:41/02-26-13)
Assume Clem grabbed the cash when he refused it, then?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:23:58/02-26-13)
You quickly find the Pow-wow, it is a bar, not more than a mile from where you are.  Disposable links are available in three locations nearby, the 2070 equivalents of Wal-mart and Radio Shack, in or near the mall on the edge of town and the Stuffer Stop truck stop well north of town, where Old 82 crosses TN 90 (TN stands for transnational, both roads are Interstates in 2013 but things have changed).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (22:04:33/02-26-13)
@Rhat: and in some codes, a favour or gift must be paid back in equal or greater measure, taking into account the net effects of the favour.

Which can wind up being particularly difficult, and / or machiavellian.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:21:12/02-26-13)
@Rhat: and in some codes, a favour or gift must be paid back in equal or greater measure, taking into account the net effects of the favour.

Rules of hospitality tend to get pretty complicated, yeah.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (22:27:22/02-26-13)
Clem didn't actually put any money on the counter. She asked how much it was and the waitress answered it was free. A bit of insisting and payment was still refused, so she had no reason to put an undetermined amount of money on the counter.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (23:18:16/02-26-13)
Why ya'll are out shopping you should fill up the tank in the Cherokee. Please  ;D.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:54:15/02-26-13)
Johnny should probably be specifying the smuggler - he's got decent intuition at least, right?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (00:05:19/02-27-13)
What do you mean? He's actually not sure who refers to them as coyotes (he thinks he's being clever, he's not.) Besides that is what Sam is there for, to use the right language.  ;D

So Johnny is a logic 1, will 2, and intuition 3 kinda guy if that clears things up. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:06:40/02-27-13)
A coyote is also an animal.  Which Johnny, at least, knows full well due to having dealt with a shaman whose totem is Coyote.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (00:33:04/02-27-13)
Yes I know that... :o
Why shouldn't he try to use the lingo? Worst case sheriff thinks he's talking about the animal and Sam sorts it. Which is actually what I'm expecting. It changes the subject and makes it so Johnny can stop talking again.

Edit: It could make good RP at least.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:50:43/02-27-13)
FYI: When you say "what do you mean", I naturally assume I should be more specific about what I'm saying.  Sorry.  Sometimes I only have two settings in conversation - assume people know the relevant information, or go through the whole thing piece by piece.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (00:54:40/02-27-13)
Its fine I just thought you were referring to something more complicated. I sometimes come off as sarcastic but rest assured I'm a lot like Johnny  :-\.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (01:59:29/02-27-13)
Its fine I just thought you were referring to something more complicated. I sometimes come off as sarcastic but rest assured I'm a lot like Johnny  :-\.

I hope you don't mean Log 1 Wil 2 Int 3 ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (02:02:02/02-27-13)
Never had my IQ tested but I hope I'm a little better of.  ;) ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (08:08:10/02-27-13)
I need to put the Mystech and Bullet Storm on a reality show.

So you understand, the only viable vending machine option is at the truck stop and in case none of you have looked at an OOC map, that is a bit of a trip, you will need to gas up before you leave and will be pretty much take a daytrip there and back.  If you guys are committing to that option, let me know, ior are you heading to the pow-wow?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (08:20:30/02-27-13)
If everyone in the group is alright with that, I think we'll go to the pow-wow if the commlinks are too far away.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (08:34:56/02-27-13)
Well, you mentioned something about them being available at a mall in town as well?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (10:07:38/02-27-13)
Well, you mentioned something about them being available at a mall in town as well?

Yes, but not in a vending machine type situation.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (10:09:19/02-27-13)
Makes sense.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (16:44:23/02-27-13)
Ah, than I guess that does change the plan, then...

As an aside:  Fionn has Charisma 7.  In addition to the fact that this means that he is, probably, legitimately the best one of the four to do the talking, this should in theory impact Clem's surface impressions of him.  IF you want, I can make some kind of roll as an RP guide.

Also, her threatening to harm him over taking a firm tone is kinda weird.  Not sure if that's what you were going for, or if I didn't get the tone across properly, or what, but...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (17:27:00/02-27-13)
Incidentally, Sam is totally making up the name of the trid. He's not enough of a film buff to come up with a real example, and doesn't want to risk picking something the sheriff knows more about than he does. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (17:41:51/02-27-13)
CALLING A GM FULL STOP TO ACTIVITY IN THE CAR, if you are not one of those players, please continue.  Those 4, expect PMs incoming.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (22:57:26/02-27-13)
Ooooooooooh whats gonna happen now?!  ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (23:10:59/02-27-13)
We're figuring it out behind the scenes, don't worry about it ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (23:20:51/02-27-13)
I'm just excited. The suspense is thick!  :D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (23:30:45/02-27-13)
Hopefully it'll be resolved without any unnecessary bloodshed ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:44:36/02-27-13)
Hopefully it'll be resolved without any unnecessary bloodshed ;)

That qualifer is making me nervous.  :P
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (23:56:47/02-27-13)
It's all for theatre!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (00:37:57/02-28-13)
Are we posting at this point, or holding out for something?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:43:20/02-28-13)
Not sure.  When posting does start back up though, do be aware that I've deleted my last post.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (01:48:43/02-28-13)
I think it's better to wait for the GM's green light.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:56:23/02-28-13)
I think it's better to wait for the GM's green light.

Certainly.  I just wanted to point out that one detail.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (04:15:11/02-28-13)
Proceed
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (04:16:47/02-28-13)
So I think the car ride will probably be uneventful until we get to the pow-wow ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (06:53:44/02-28-13)
I am not sure what Ikari's trying to say there.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (07:23:34/02-28-13)
Page 263, core book for reference. It's usually pretty hard to get someone's biometrics at a distance.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (07:40:29/02-28-13)
I have to say that many times I also have a hard time understanding Ikari.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (08:02:56/02-28-13)
A
Page 263, core book for reference. It's usually pretty hard to get someone's biometrics at a distance.

If you want data on the guy, ask the literal walking computer.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (08:10:26/02-28-13)
Icarus wants to get his hands on biometrics, not data. Fionne can't use the Resonance to conjure up people's fingerprints, retinal scans, or DNA. At least not without hacking a national SIN registry, a Corp's employment records, or some law enforcement agency's criminal database, and good fucking luck doing that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (12:51:27/02-28-13)
"Maybe twenty miles out of town." Running Bear looked at Sam as he made his way back to his office to place the call, "I don't know what you are concerned about, but if you are thinking someone around here will make a stink or a problem, don't.  If you have your paperwork straight, we will have no problem, none that graft or under the table stuff like the big city.  That don't fly in Yakima."

So I think the sheriff misunderstood Sam when he was talking about reputation. And then he started talking about paperwork. Johnny gets nervous around paperwork these days.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (13:06:00/02-28-13)
So I think the sheriff misunderstood Sam when he was talking about reputation. And then he started talking about paperwork. Johnny gets nervous around paperwork these days.

Yeah, that's pretty much how it seems to me, too. With 9 hits on the initial pitch and no subsequent issues, I don't think the sheriff's likely to be wising up to the con, though. I'm going on the assumption that he may just need some more leading before he gets to where Sam wants him.  ;) ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (16:40:42/02-28-13)
Icarus wants to get his hands on biometrics, not data. Fionne can't use the Resonance to conjure up people's fingerprints, retinal scans, or DNA. At least not without hacking a national SIN registry, a Corp's employment records, or some law enforcement agency's criminal database, and good fucking luck doing that.

No, but he can translate visual information into data once he's got something to store it on.

Plus, he already know where O'Connor's record could be found.  He could always get the Sleuth to see if it could find this guy's information.

Crossbow:  Is Eddie's commlink in hidden or public mode?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (19:20:56/02-28-13)
Hidden, they don't have anything that automatically interrogates a commlink in this town. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Inconnu on (19:34:01/02-28-13)
Outta curiosity, is this open? Willing to be a rival or something, got a "heavy" small arms attacking character all set up but no games to put him in. 'e is a elf with Glamour, some Influence, and 4 arms. Yes. Four arms. Also out of curiosity, how much does a fat suit cost in your book? Ya know.... To hide the extra arms. ;D
My apologies if this isn't open.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (19:38:17/02-28-13)
I've got a post to get in here before the conversation starts moving forward, but it's a bit much to get in from my phone.  Mind if I ask for a short pause to what's going on in the booth until I can get things written up, rolled, and appropriate rules cited?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (19:47:07/02-28-13)
Who's holding the cash at the moment? It'll be kinda awkward if O'Connor or Fionne have to run over the Clem to get the cash for any deals that go down.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (19:52:05/02-28-13)
It's Clem, but she's not that far away from them. She can reach the booth in a round.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:22:27/02-28-13)
It's kind of impossible to sell the notion that Fionn's the one for them to be talking to if they have to go to Clem for the cash.  I'll have him suggest he should be carrying the cash for the meet, you can have her agree or disagree as you like.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (20:31:52/02-28-13)
We did seem to skip over a couple of points that might be relevant on going in.

Did Red make a choice between Clem's suggestion of everyone going in, Icarus staying out with the rifle, or is that one up to me?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:33:59/02-28-13)
My take would be that we're better off with you inside, because we have no way of contacting you if there's a problem.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (20:36:29/02-28-13)
Loud noises and gunfire seem like a good signal.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:41:15/02-28-13)
Loud noises and gunfire seem like a good signal.

I don't think we want him busting in if two drunks get in a shouting match, and I have a feeling trouble wouldn't strictly take the form of gunfire - seeing as we're unarmed, trouble could just as easily be knives.

That's just my 2 cents on the matter.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (21:02:40/02-28-13)
I don't think it would be strange at all to have the money separated on a first time drug deal.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:11:39/02-28-13)
That much is fair.  Taking that into account now.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:40:06/02-28-13)
I kept the entrance vague to allow for whoever to act as if they entered, just trying to move things forward when I can, sorry if I jumped the gun.  I assume Fionn is looking for Eddie's link?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:41:02/02-28-13)
Correct.  I've got rolls for it in the post I am presently finishing off.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:47:30/02-28-13)
Results of Icarus' perception roll:

Four people, at least two of which have concealed weapons, probably firearms.  All have easy access to pool cues or bottles or barstools, should it come to that.  All are content to continue their business with an eye on Eddie.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:50:46/02-28-13)
Crossposting my large number of rolls.

[spoiler]
Lots of rolls on this one.

Detect Hidden Node targeted at Eddie to find his commlink. Complex Action, threshold 4. (12d6.hits(5)=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3948652/) SR4A 230

Extended test to detect hidden nodes in area due to failure on previous roll. Interval 1 Combat Turn, threshold 15. (12d6.hits(5)=6, 12d6.hits(5)=6, 12d6.hits(5)=3, 12d6.hits(5)=4, 12d6.hits(5)=2, 12d6.hits(5)=4, 12d6.hits(5)=7, 12d6.hits(5)=5, 12d6.hits(5)=5, 12d6.hits(5)=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3948658/) SR4A 230

Threading test for Analyze (6d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3948659/) SR4A 240

Fading Resistance DV 2S (12d6.hits(5)=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3948660/) SR4A 243

Matrix Perception Test on Eddie's Commlink (6d6.hits(5)=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3948662/) SR4A 228.  With 3 hits, I can ask for three details.  In this case, I'll go for its Firewall rating, System rating, and let's say current subscriptions?

Crack Sprite Compile, Compiling Resistance, Fading Resistance (12d6.hits(5)=4, 5d6.hits(5)=3, 12d6.hits(5)=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3948824/) SR4A 240 & 243

In keeping with the task Fionn outlined, the sprite will attempt to get access to the system (Hack on the Fly, SR4A 235), then create a hidden access point (UN 97-98) so that I can get into the system without risking an alert against me.

Hack on the Fly (10d6.hits(5)=2, 10d6.hits(5)=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3948883/)

Sprite gets in on its second IP, commlink gets to roll Firewall+Analyze twice to attempt to spot it.  If the two add up to 5 hits, an alert would be triggered - however, due to the Suppression power, it is delayed for 3 Combat Turns.

Matrix Perception test to determine if an alert has been triggered. (10d6.hits(5)=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3948894/)

After getting in, the sprite checks if it triggered the alert or not.  If not, it will begin the extended test to create an access point.

Threading Test for Empathy Software (6d6.hits(5)=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3948665/) SR4A 240, AR60

Fading Resistance Test DV 4S (12d6.hits(5)=5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3948667/) SR4A 243

Con test. (10d6.hits(5)=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3948736/)
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:12:05/02-28-13)
Perception results are 2, 3 and no
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:22:15/02-28-13)
In that case, I'm gonna compile a Crack Sprite and have it break into there.  Will edit that into my post in a moment.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:55:25/02-28-13)
Post edited, rolls added in both threads.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (00:29:33/03-01-13)
Just to make sure, does Clem see the same things as Ikari?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (11:27:33/03-01-13)
She did a quick assensing on Melissa, Nene and as soon as he came out, Matty.

[spoiler]
intuition 3 + assensing 3 =6 (Melissa, Nene and Marty) (6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=3, 6d6.hits(5)=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3949237/)
[/spoiler]
Melissa is a healthy mundane.

Nene is awakened, but her magic is lower than yours, generally healthy with few off colors in there.

and Matty is a mundane with some headware, a little buzzed.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (23:26:52/03-01-13)
Just to make sure, does Clem see the same things as Ikari?

Sorry I missed your roll.  Yes, essentially the same thing.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:45:38/03-01-13)
Looks like it only takes a minute for the sprite to create my access point.  With that, it's single owed task is complete - and as it's a remote task, I'd be losing it now anyways.

With that done, Fionn's gonna take a bit of a look through Eddie's link.  Any open communications?  For reference, Sleuth Sprite is maintaining my threading at the moment.

[spoiler]
Create Hidden Access Point. Extended Hacking+Exploit (System+Firewall[2+3=5], 1 minute). (10d6.hits(5)=5, 10d6.hits(5)=5, 10d6.hits(5)=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3950912/)
Log on via hidden access point. (8d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3950984/)
Only needed one hit.
[/spoiler]

As for the conversation...  Need a roll?  If so, which skill?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (06:05:14/03-02-13)
I'm guessing the fifth Zen tab is for Clementine?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (06:24:10/03-02-13)
I think that's just how many he happens to have.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (07:40:31/03-02-13)
I wasn't sure since Clementine was somewhat removed from the group so I didn't want to act on it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (07:43:17/03-02-13)
Guess you'll have to wait for Crossbow if you want to be absolutely certain.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (08:05:10/03-02-13)
If there's something else you could be doing right now, and you don't mind the possibility of being ushered over ... well, your call.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (08:07:05/03-02-13)
Now that we've gotten O'Connor's Zen hit, I might just find an excuse to say that we need to talk to our people, and that we'll meet him again tomorrow.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (09:35:51/03-02-13)
I don't see what else to do besides trying to secure a way across the border.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (10:44:21/03-02-13)
I don't see what else to do besides trying to secure a way across the border.

My thoughts exactly.  I might try to get my ex-smuggler to take me to some of his ex-collegues, but besides that I think we're done there.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (19:13:47/03-02-13)
I'm basically looking for a graceful exit, and ideally gaining this guy as a low grade contact here.  Let me know if you want a roll.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (19:27:58/03-02-13)
Eddie does not appear to be forcing the Zen on anyone.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.  Thvor, I am not a mind reader, you got plenty enough hits on your con to have a shot at getting something from this guy, but you have to spell it out.  To me OOC if nothing else :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (19:29:50/03-02-13)
I'm basically looking for a graceful exit, and ideally gaining this guy as a low grade contact here.  Let me know if you want a roll.

You guys have the exit whenever you want it, the contact would require a purchase, which you don't have the funds to make right now.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (07:17:02/03-03-13)
I think I've found a way to get us to some smugglers.  ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (10:41:51/03-03-13)
Something tells me we're gonna have to sell the SUV and reenact the Kenobi/Solo negotiations.

"It'll cost you x"
"We can pay y now, and z when we get there."
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (11:11:56/03-03-13)
Something tells me we're gonna have to sell the SUV and reenact the Kenobi/Solo negotiations.

"It'll cost you x"
"We can pay y now, and z when we get there."

And these are not the drones you're looking for.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (12:57:39/03-03-13)
I told you where the truckstop is a page or two back, it will use about half of you available funds for fuel to make that trip, with incidentals (like Clem's drinks at the bar) call it 50 nuyen left once that is done.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (18:44:14/03-03-13)
I know, I was just trying to roleplay her not remembering exactly where or how far it was.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (19:28:24/03-03-13)
I'll have Fionn be a little clearer about it via edit when I get home.  But remember:  this is your technomancer on drugs.  :P
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:38:25/03-03-13)
And edited in a couple of places.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (15:28:11/03-04-13)
I'm still here. Johnny is just being quite  ;D.
Also I think we just found out a place to get some guns. So long as we don't get shot in the process.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (15:35:52/03-04-13)
Yeah, I'm kind of thinking that Mr. Martell and/or the base could be very useful to our team. Sam doesn't have any special knowledge about security systems, so he's not going to be able to plan any sort of "snatch and grab" operations, but at least this will give Johnny and Sam a chance to see the security setup. :-)

...and who knows? Mr. Martell may be inclined to be helpful just after listening to Sam for a bit. :D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (15:37:56/03-04-13)
Crossbow, you %*§!  :)
You had to play it that way, didn't you.  Very nicely done, I must say.  If it still existed, +1 to you.  :)

EDIT: I'll reply tomorrow, I have to think a bit about this reply, as it will have some impact on my character.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (15:56:05/03-04-13)
Crossbow, you %*§!  :)
You had to play it that way, didn't you.  Very nicely done, I must say.  If it still existed, +1 to you.  :)

EDIT: I'll reply tomorrow, I have to think a bit about this reply, as it will have some impact on my character.

What?  Did I do something? /me blinks innocently

This is one of those times I REALLY need an angel smiley,

 8)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (16:02:02/03-04-13)
Nope Johnny didn't see any security features.  :-[
Invisible castle hates me  ???.

I'll look around again once we are inside of the fence and again if we make it inside the building. Hopefully I'll have better rolls then. Also as an aside Johnny knows what kinds of weapons that would be used on set but not a lot about guns in general.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (16:18:42/03-04-13)
Sam will also be looking at security, but I'll have to post the roll this evening.

And Sam probably knows less about guns than Johnny. This could be interesting. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (16:19:29/03-04-13)
Nope Johnny didn't see any security features.  :-[
Invisible castle hates me  ???.

I'll look around again once we are inside of the fence and again if we make it inside the building. Hopefully I'll have better rolls then. Also as an aside Johnny knows what kinds of weapons that would be used on set but not a lot about guns in general.

Perception results: There is a fence you might have to climb over :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (17:59:38/03-04-13)
Yes, you both see the fence, there COULD BE vindicator mounts with hardwired AI gunners concealed on each monowire topped pole,  but you don't see those.  You will however be able to give a sufficiently in depth description of every piece of equipment he is carrying that O'Connor or Ikari will know what it is.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (18:07:07/03-04-13)
I don't see any way for us to get our hands on guns and ammo without stealing or taking by force, guys.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (18:10:10/03-04-13)
It may be easier to steal a large amount of money to use to buy guns and ammo.  That said, the group's specialists should scout out the security for themselves before we do anything.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (18:15:23/03-04-13)
Clementine has some knowledge in security design and firearms, so she could have a look. At the very least she would help someone higher skilled than her.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (18:19:38/03-04-13)
Fionn's got ranks in Matrix Security, of course.  Doesn't hurt that Matrix Perception Tests can be used to get info on the nodes' stats without risking detection.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:12:26/03-04-13)
Okay I am the GM and I am confused, are you guys heading for the truck stop to actually try and boost some comms or window shopping at the mall, where you can't afford to buy them from people?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:17:15/03-04-13)
Icarus suggested checking out the security at the two places in town first; I think the idea is to see if we'd be able to pull off stealing them from there.  Given the nature of our cover, it wouldn't even be suspicious - Fionn actually said he'd need to scout out electronics places.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (21:29:32/03-04-13)
I thought we were heading to the mall an possibly gassing up on the way there (not the truck stop).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:30:58/03-04-13)
I know we've decided to hit the mall for now, yeah.  The truck stop is the one we need to gas up to get to, not the mall.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (21:49:28/03-04-13)
The truck stop is the only place we can get gas?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:51:56/03-04-13)
The truck stop is the only place we can get gas?

It's far enough out of town that to get there and back, we need more gas.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:26:12/03-04-13)
Wow, okay everyone is confused

Gas can be gotten in town, disposable commlinks are available in three locations in town, two of them are brick and mortars stores that sell electronics by a person handing the electronics to the customer and ringing up the purchase, a la 2070 Radio Shack and Wal-Mart.  The truck stop is important because it is the closest place that would sell the commlinks that would be in a vending machine type device (in other words, Fionn can hack it and get some for free)  The gas is important because the truck is empty and the trip to the truck stop would take about half a tank.

Everyone clear now?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:29:34/03-04-13)
Yep. The basic idea of hitting the mall is to see if, say, we'd be able to send in what seems to be our B&E expert (by the way he responded to the idea of some petty theft) with some Matrix assistance to steal them that way, not costing us half a tank of gas - risk is higher, cost is lower.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (03:02:43/03-05-13)
In that case we'll stop at the first petrol station we see to fill up. I'll let you decide whether we should RP that or if we can just jump to the mall scene.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (03:12:26/03-05-13)
I suggest jump.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (06:18:24/03-05-13)
Let's just say the gas station happened, its not like its going to push the story forward.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (06:20:38/03-05-13)
I kind of like the image of Clem not being able to make heads nor tails of the map, everything fades to black, caption reads "2 hours later...".  :P
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (08:05:16/03-05-13)
Just thought I'd sneak some basic roleplaying in there ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (16:30:54/03-05-13)
Lemme alone I am sick and busy :P
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (18:08:21/03-05-13)
It kinda looks like you put that last post in the wrong thread, Crossbow.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (19:07:05/03-05-13)
So help me get straight with who is where and how we got there?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:14:11/03-05-13)
So help me get straight with who is where and how we got there?

Sammy and Heron are in a car with 2 orks, heading back to the diner.

Johnny Chopstix and Torley are currently at what used to be part of the Yakima Proving Grounds, now the Martell compound, a place that has a lot of weapons.

Everyone else (O'Connor, Fionn, Icarus, and Clementine) is at the Yakima Mall, finding out that b&e in the mall might be a little harder than they figured.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:03:23/03-06-13)
Crossposting my knowledge roll.

Knowledge Test: Matrix Security (7d6.hits(5)=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3960163/)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (22:48:56/03-06-13)
Hey, two of the first three words describing Zen are "psychedelic" and "hallucinogen" ... the other word is "A". ;D

Whether it's an OOC thing / legit IC; just thought I should bring it up.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:51:14/03-06-13)
Hey, two of the first three words describing Zen are "psychedelic" and "hallucinogen" ... the other word is "A". ;D

Whether it's an OOC thing / legit IC; just thought I should bring it up.

I'm gonna go with "I forgot to roll the Data Search, Fionn's info isn't perfect".  :P
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (05:55:53/03-08-13)
So, is O'Connor not noticing that they're, you know, currently in the planning stages?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (06:10:45/03-08-13)
Yeah, he's just telling Red that he's being kind of a douchebag, like how you worded that post in the douchiest way possible.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (06:16:00/03-08-13)
He is rather frustrated with the complete lack of cooperation - the fact that he's now supposed to support Icarus but being offered absolutely no clue as to what that means is certainly not helping matters.

That said, I was more aiming for it to come across as a proper explanation of why he figures he needs a straight answer.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (10:08:08/03-08-13)
I will continue to reiterate how much I truly love when Fionn and O'Connor start having a conversation, I relaize that this may be frustrating for some of my players, but these two crack me up.  I am sick I know.

Sorry, I have been out of the loop a tick or two, hopefully get responses you need from me up today.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:19:19/03-08-13)
So, I have a question that's been buzzing around in the back of my head for a little bit...  I'm aware that I can sometimes wind up posting rather frequently, and I'm just wondering if that's been an issue for anyone.  If so, I'm quite happy to take steps to correct that; I'd just like to know one way or the other.

Also, Crossbow, minor point:  Sam never gave the sheriff his last name.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (04:33:26/03-09-13)
I think I've mentioned it before, but I will out our of town with no internet access from the 13th of March until the 28th.

Sammy will just follow the rest of the group (as soon as they are back together) and if there is a fight, stunbolt and heal will be her default options.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (06:08:53/03-09-13)
So, I have a question that's been buzzing around in the back of my head for a little bit...  I'm aware that I can sometimes wind up posting rather frequently, and I'm just wondering if that's been an issue for anyone.  If so, I'm quite happy to take steps to correct that; I'd just like to know one way or the other.

Also, Crossbow, minor point:  Sam never gave the sheriff his last name.

I'm OK with it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (06:45:36/03-09-13)
I'm getting over a consecutive migraine / stomach ache, which is affecting my focus. (to put it mildly) Otherwise, I'm ok.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (06:48:51/03-09-13)
Ouch, that sounds rough! I'm in the middle of severe hay fever over here, so I feel your pain.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (06:53:21/03-09-13)
Wow, why is everyone getting sick all of the sudden?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (17:13:54/03-11-13)
Thvor:  Genius.  Absolutely genius.  I salute you, sir.  It even covers for any inconsistencies in the way we each present our cover.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (17:27:10/03-11-13)
Thvor:  Genius.  Absolutely genius.  I salute you, sir.  It even covers for any inconsistencies in the way we each present our cover.

Indeed, I like it.

On another note, I'll be checking tomorrow evening, and that will be the last time before my holiday.  If I get a reply from Crossbow on my question, I'll reply, otherwise this is it.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (17:48:00/03-11-13)
How long are you gone for?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (18:04:34/03-11-13)
Thvor:  Genius.  Absolutely genius.  I salute you, sir.  It even covers for any inconsistencies in the way we each present our cover.

Heh, thanks. :D I was pretty happy when I thought of it, and a little concerned when the sheriff didn't bite way back when...but I bounced it off the GM, and he was ok with giving Sam another shot at it. 8)

And BTW, thanks for pointing out that Sam never gave the sheriff his last name. That was deliberate--much harder to do a background check when all you've got to go on is a fairly common first name. ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (23:55:14/03-11-13)
How about O'Connor and Clem are the "bad guys" in the movie which would explain why they look tough. Fionn can be The electronics adviser and Ikari can be Sammy's personal assistant on an errand. Everyone needs cheap commlinks on the movie and Sammy has better things to do than get it herself, hence everyone in the shop. Clementine wouldn't take the time to think about that, so someone else is going to have to bring it up.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:00:42/03-12-13)
Well, I have the excuse for being there sorted in my head - Fionn has to scout out places they could get ahold of needed gear straightaway.  However, given their particularly uncharismatic natures, I'm not so sure those two could sell the idea that they're actors - and Fionn's priority is getting rid of questions, because he's not so sure he can put together a con that will stand up to a lot of scrutiny, so "what have you been in" could be an issue.  The whole PA thing is a pretty good idea, though.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (00:02:39/03-12-13)
They could be henchmen, ie extras. That would explain their poor acting.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:05:06/03-12-13)
I would think that would mean they wouldn't be at the location scout.  Though, consultants who have bit parts is a thing - Sons of Anarchy has an ex-Hell's Angels guy as a consultant who also plays a recurring character, for example.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (00:07:21/03-12-13)
Yeah, that could work.

And sorry about your questions, guess I didn't read them the first time around. I'll get right on it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:24:42/03-12-13)
Yeah, that could work.

And sorry about your questions, guess I didn't read them the first time around. I'll get right on it.

I did edit them in and didn't say anything, think that's my fault.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (05:18:44/03-12-13)
How long are you gone for?

a bit more than 2 weeks (from the 13th to the 28th).  Scuba diving in Indonesia.  Given the amount of snow that's still falling here in Belgium, not a day too soon to go to someplace warm.  8)
http://www.ondina.liveaboarddiving.net/ (http://www.ondina.liveaboarddiving.net/)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (05:20:31/03-12-13)
How long are you gone for?

a bit more than 2 weeks (from the 13th to the 28th).  Scuba diving in Indonesia.  Given the amount of snow that's still falling here in Belgium, not a day too soon to go to someplace warm.  8)
http://www.ondina.liveaboarddiving.net/ (http://www.ondina.liveaboarddiving.net/)

I am intensely jealous.  Have a good time!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (08:45:23/03-12-13)
Enjoy your trip!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (13:06:37/03-12-13)
Sorry I've been AWOL. I've been keeping up with everything from my phone but haven't had the ability to post in the last few days.

So Johnny is just talking like he would actually be working a movie out here. He's just burning time till Sam gets back. However since we've had a tour of the security do I need to worry about remembering where everything is in case we need the info later? Or spotting anything new?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (14:15:53/03-12-13)
It is late winter in the Northern Hemisphere, everyone is either sick, looking to get awayor both.  Me?  I am stuck trying to play catch up on research papers I should have already been working on. :)

Looks like the criminals still don't need me yet, but I would caution against too much planning, it stifles creativity, runners need action.

The vacation for farothel is actually coming at a good time, I have someone lined up that is in the process of catching up at a new job, they will either drop in and start playing Heron until we find a graceful exit, or we could somehow just RET-CON his original character into the scene, anyone have thoughts on that?

Thvor, I am working on it, I promise.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (14:31:24/03-12-13)
I have someone lined up that is in the process of catching up at a new job, they will either drop in and start playing Heron until we find a graceful exit, or we could somehow just RET-CON his original character into the scene, anyone have thoughts on that?

Is Gorean out? Did I miss that? o_O
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (15:51:55/03-12-13)
I have someone lined up that is in the process of catching up at a new job, they will either drop in and start playing Heron until we find a graceful exit, or we could somehow just RET-CON his original character into the scene, anyone have thoughts on that?

Is Gorean out? Did I miss that? o_O

Nothing much to miss, he just decided this wasn't going to happen for him back when you guys were leaving the cabin.  I have a guy who wanted in the game originally that built a mage, so once he is settled down in his new job he will be in the game.  Like I said I was just thinking about doing a *GM hand wave* and say it was him all along, instead of havng him run Heron until we find a plausible place to swap out the characters.  Problem is I think he built a gnome.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (16:38:34/03-12-13)
Enjoy your trip!

I will.  this is my last post here for the next two weeks.  See you all back soon.  8)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (17:46:40/03-12-13)
Normally I'd rather avoid retcons, but given the nature of the game I doubt there's going to be another good way to bring him in for an inordinately long time.  Of course, if we do that probably need a quick listing of what information the guy's disclosed.

I mean, seriously, how good are the chances of this group bringing in someone new at this stage?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (21:56:20/03-12-13)
Yeah, we can just pretend he was here all along. Like Rhat said, we just need to know what has been disclosed and such.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:00:58/03-12-13)
Hopefully he's been following the thread, too - otherwise he'll probably need to read through.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (00:24:20/03-13-13)
he is gonna need some catch up time, regardless, he can run Heron also if the retcon is not something he is interested in, could be a big task.

That all said, I am torn, as usual.  :)

so that is s 2 for retcon, other voices?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:25:45/03-13-13)
If he's comfortable running someone else's character, that might be a smoother transition.  Once we get back to Seattle and get our gear back and such, introducing a new character would get easier.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (02:30:40/03-13-13)
I don't mind either way. I vote with the majority.  :-X
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (03:30:34/03-13-13)
I abstain.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (06:06:09/03-13-13)
You know, if we're gonna decide this as a group, maybe we should find out what the new guy thinks?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (12:26:22/03-13-13)
I'm voting for Rhat's suggestion of asking before we vote :P
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (13:28:39/03-13-13)
I wouldn't be putting it out there as an option if I hadn't discussed it with him, but if the group is violently opposed to a RET-CON i wasn't going to force it on you.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (16:46:14/03-13-13)
I'm ok with whatever the GM and the new guy want. :)

When you do bring him in (however you chose to do so), could you send out an updated version of Necrogigas's Compiled Character Descriptions PM? I've been finding that insanely useful.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (17:28:50/03-13-13)
Well, whichever option the new guy's more comfortable with gets my vote.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:09:06/03-13-13)
...  Hm.  More people showing up not knowing how they got there, you say?  Sounds like something worth digging into.

Also, waiting on a response from Icarus before going on with the scouting.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:46:59/03-15-13)
Crossposting my knowledge roll.

Knowledge Test: Matrix Security (7d6.hits(5)=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3960163/)

Just in case its been forgotten, still waiting on a result from this roll.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:25:14/03-16-13)
Does my previous knowledge roll give me anything about how the cameras would be secured and accessed?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:11:28/03-16-13)
Does my previous knowledge roll give me anything about how the cameras would be secured and accessed?

The feed from the cameras probably runs to an onsite bank of monitors, with a dupe of the feed sent to a regional security office.  Because of the sheer number of cameras, they are seperated into several groups with some coverage redundancy.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:06:12/03-16-13)
...  Surely you don't mean actual, physical screen monitors?  I'm guessing AR monitors, which means there's probably a wireless connection somewhere... 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (23:52:45/03-16-13)
Hey, were we waiting for this stuff with a new guy, or just going forward? Thought it was the former, now it looks like the latter.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:14:41/03-17-13)
We can at least move as far forward as meeting back up at the diner, yeah?  Faro's out for a bit, and the new guy's character would be with Sammy, so I assumed we were going to at least get as far as bringing everyone back together.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (01:03:33/03-17-13)
...  Surely you don't mean actual, physical screen monitors?  I'm guessing AR monitors, which means there's probably a wireless connection somewhere...

Surely you over estimate the cost of security for a worthless little department store in a small town.  There is a wireless connection to the system, the feed is transmitted to the regional office by way of it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (01:05:44/03-17-13)
We are moving forward as best we can, right now the mages are in a hold, because there is no one to play them, the rest of you can keep trucking until you go back to the diner.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:47:48/03-17-13)
I'm just saying, physical monitors are basically museum pieces after Crash 2.0.  All you actually need is an image link.

Speaking of wireless: Is Fionn aware whether or not the cameras are wireless enabled themselves?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (09:08:53/03-18-13)
I am not trying to nerf your guy, I just think that Ares-Mart would operate at the lowest feasible level, if physical monitors are that antique, then you are right, there is an image link in the security center..

Icarus' roll comfirms the redundant camera coverage. The basic idea is that a single hacker or act of sabotage cannot shut down or scramble the feeds to all the cameras at once, Icarus also notes a lack professionallism on the part of the security he can see, rent-a-cops of the lowest source, theft detterent only.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (14:46:43/03-18-13)
So, to do anything useful, I'll need to get into the central system.

Thing to remember is that after the second Crash, pretty much everything needed to be replaced (this being how the wireless Matrix got going in the first place).  Monitors are typically just ARO's, since everyone has image links on something.  It's a pretty different setup from the modern day.

EDIT:  Alright, so, I've modified the parameters of my searching a bit.  We'll see if that gets us anywhere, and I'm crossposting the results.

[spoiler]
Data Search, 15 minutes, incidents in outlined area. (12d6.hits(5)=5, 12d6.hits(5)=4, 12d6.hits(5)=2, 12d6.hits(5)=2, 12d6.hits(5)=5, 12d6.hits(5)=5, 12d6.hits(5)=2, 12d6.hits(5)=7, 12d6.hits(5)=5, 12d6.hits(5)=4, 12d6.hits(5)=5, 12d6.hits(5)=4, 12d6.hits(5)=4, 12d6.hits(5)=4, 12d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3981805/)

60 hits.

Data Search, 15 minutes, lookup on fake SIN. (12d6.hits(5)=3, 12d6.hits(5)=6, 12d6.hits(5)=4, 12d6.hits(5)=4, 12d6.hits(5)=4, 12d6.hits(5)=2, 12d6.hits(5)=3, 12d6.hits(5)=7, 12d6.hits(5)=6, 12d6.hits(5)=2, 12d6.hits(5)=3, 12d6.hits(5)=1, 12d6.hits(5)=3, 12d6.hits(5)=3, 12d6.hits(5)=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3981814/)

52 hits.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:58:29/03-20-13)
Okay, just so it is said, when you post an edit, please do me a huge favor and hit me with a PM or a new post ooc so I know it is there.  I will get back to you on the search results, that is about 3 hours of searching there.  Are you guys going to make a run on Ares-Mart or what?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:15:43/03-20-13)
That I can do.  We're basically walking in for a scouting run (so that we know what we're looking at before we attempt thievery), but a new conversation started as soon as we got out of the truck.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (16:24:34/03-21-13)
I'm all set to move on in my neck of the woods. Johnny is just small talking the gun toting Santa till Sam is done with the sheriff. I thought about asking to borrow some guns but Johnny is NOT a talker so I'll leave that for Sam.  8)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (16:29:47/03-21-13)
I'm all set to move on in my neck of the woods. Johnny is just small talking the gun toting Santa till Sam is done with the sheriff. I thought about asking to borrow some guns but Johnny is NOT a talker so I'll leave that for Sam.  8)

I've been really busy this last week, but I'll try to snag some time tonight/tomorrow to advance Sam's storyline a bit. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:53:54/03-21-13)
I'm all set to move on in my neck of the woods. Johnny is just small talking the gun toting Santa till Sam is done with the sheriff. I thought about asking to borrow some guns but Johnny is NOT a talker so I'll leave that for Sam.  8)

I've been really busy this last week, but I'll try to snag some time tonight/tomorrow to advance Sam's storyline a bit. :)

I haven't really minded that much the game slowing down, I had a research paper that I had to completely restart at the last minute and I am in the end of semester crush at school, so the Real World was definitely a priority for a bit.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:48:02/03-21-13)
I'm all set to move on in my neck of the woods. Johnny is just small talking the gun toting Santa till Sam is done with the sheriff. I thought about asking to borrow some guns but Johnny is NOT a talker so I'll leave that for Sam.  8)

I've been really busy this last week, but I'll try to snag some time tonight/tomorrow to advance Sam's storyline a bit. :)

I haven't really minded that much the game slowing down, I had a research paper that I had to completely restart at the last minute and I am in the end of semester crush at school, so the Real World was definitely a priority for a bit.
I've been in about the same place, so it hasn't been to bad for me either.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:19:12/03-22-13)
So...  Is someone gonna move the AresMart end of things forward at some point?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (23:10:06/03-22-13)
Clem can't do much there besides get in and look around at the security, which has already been accounted for.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (23:19:56/03-22-13)
I think finalizing an actual plan is what is needed at this point, or someone canjust take unilateral action,  that is always fun for me  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:45:55/03-22-13)
Edit posted to move things along, then.  Cross posting a few more rolls.

[spoiler]
Threading test for Scan complex form. (6d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3987354/)

Scan CF threaded to rating 2.

Fading resistance for Threading, DV2. (12d6.hits(5)=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3987356/)

Fading fully resisted.

Detect Hidden Node, Electronic Warfare 4 + Scan 2, Interval 1 Combat Turn, threshold 15. (6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=5, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3987364/)

Threshold reached in 7 Combat Turns.  This is being done from roughly the centre of the building.  Fionn's signal range is 400m.

Additionally, he's taking the Detect Active/Passive Nodes action to detect everything within his Signal range running in active or passive mode.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (09:49:23/03-23-13)
Okay to clarify, are you in Aresmart or TechnoShack?  If it is Aresmart you may want to adjust some from the exact center, that is where they keep the junior miss fashions.   ;)  Your range is good to cover it from anywhere anyway.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (11:02:52/03-23-13)
The general goal is complete coverage of the area.  May miss some low singal stuff, though.

Basically, as central as he can get while looking like he's just browsing through in some sort of consistency with his cover.

And I believe we're at the Ares Mart.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:59:47/03-24-13)
Okay a few notes for Fionn.

Got bunch of nodes that you have picked up, based on the fact that only one of the ones not moving around on a person is operating hidden  It is a good bet it is the security node.

Your data search results are back

There is no activity on your com post-afternoon on sunday, sometime after you left the bar.  Near as you can tell, there is nothing available on anyone in your group's com's available after that same time.

The closest thing you can get to anything unusual on the border is a weird blip on Salish border security logs that would correspond with the vehicle that dumped you in the mountains.  There is no data of any use attached to it, it was logged and at some later point the two governments (Salish and Tir) did the polite and diplomatic version of the following Q&A:

"What the frag are you dandelion eaters coming over the border for?  Are you invading?"

"Frag off and die redskin, if we wanted to invade someone it would be someone worth a drek, we had nothing to do with it, quit wasting our time and fix your faulty tech"
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:29:48/03-27-13)
Matrix Perception Test on the Security Node (7d6.hits(5)=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3993676/)

Okay, so, with 4 hits, I'll go for Firewall rating, System rating, presence of a data bomb, and let's say open subscriptions.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (10:47:50/03-28-13)
Okay, I'm back, at least physically.  I'm still dead tired after an 8-hour time difference and spendin about 20 hours in various sardine cans at 30000 feet.  I'll try to catch up in the coming days.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (13:54:35/03-28-13)
Not much to catch up on, unfortunately, I got crushed by RL and slowed the game down even further in a place where games seem to slow down anyway.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (17:09:51/03-28-13)
Sorry this took so long, the hit answers are 5, 5, no and 3

In other news, we have a different person potentially replacing Heron and this one is hopefully going to able to hit the ground running soon,  had to make a call what with they other guy not responding to contact attempts.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:23:04/03-28-13)
So, what's the plan for bringing in the new new guy?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:08:29/03-28-13)
...  Sorry for the double post, but:

Glitches - is the half dice determined by rounding up, or rounding down?  Because it it's the latter, a sprite just critically glitched it's Compiling Resistance roll.  In which case, I need to know what that does before I can post (I'd think it would be good for me, given that it was a roll against me that glitched...)

[spoiler]Compile new Sleuth Sprite, Compiling Resistance, Fading Resistance (Stun DV equal to twice hits scored by sprite) (12d6.hits(5)=7, 5d6.hits(5)=0, 12d6.hits(5)=5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3997071/)[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:25:44/03-28-13)
...  Sorry for the double post, but:

Glitches - is the half dice determined by rounding up, or rounding down?  Because it it's the latter, a sprite just critically glitched it's Compiling Resistance roll.  In which case, I need to know what that does before I can post (I'd think it would be good for me, given that it was a roll against me that glitched...)

[spoiler]Compile new Sleuth Sprite, Compiling Resistance, Fading Resistance (Stun DV equal to twice hits scored by sprite) (12d6.hits(5)=7, 5d6.hits(5)=0, 12d6.hits(5)=5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3997071/)[/spoiler]

If 7 dice are roll and 4 come up one it's a glitch, 3, no glitch
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:28:13/03-28-13)
So, what's the plan for bringing in the new new guy?

Don't really have one yet, we are still talking, and he is looking at the thread.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:30:19/03-28-13)
...  Sorry for the double post, but:

Glitches - is the half dice determined by rounding up, or rounding down?  Because it it's the latter, a sprite just critically glitched it's Compiling Resistance roll.  In which case, I need to know what that does before I can post (I'd think it would be good for me, given that it was a roll against me that glitched...)

[spoiler]Compile new Sleuth Sprite, Compiling Resistance, Fading Resistance (Stun DV equal to twice hits scored by sprite) (12d6.hits(5)=7, 5d6.hits(5)=0, 12d6.hits(5)=5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3997071/)[/spoiler]

If 7 dice are roll and 4 come up one it's a glitch, 3, no glitch

Okay then, no glitch.

Do you know what sort of character he's playing yet?  May impact how easy it is to retcon him in...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (05:12:28/03-29-13)
I think he is going to take over Heron for now, his concepts are aa bit out of bounds to attempt a ret con.

Subscribers to the node are Manager, security supvisor and asst Manager
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (05:47:19/03-29-13)
In which case, Fionn will direct the second Sleuth Sprite to get information on the devices they're subscribed through, including but not limited to Firewall Rating and System rating.

[spoiler]
Matrix Perception tests (10d6.hits(5)=3, 10d6.hits(5)=3, 10d6.hits(5)=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3997648/)
[/spoiler]

Given that Fionn's not defining the third piece of information, that could be whatever detail the sprite wants it to be.

Also, is Icarus going to case security at some point?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (06:37:45/03-29-13)
he did already, the description was given a few pages back
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (15:16:24/03-31-13)
Sorry this took so long, the Commlinks are 3 across the boardand no presence on databombs.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:08:27/03-31-13)
Okay Easter and various holidays and spring breaks are over, matrix scouting is done, lemme get a check in from all and sundry and somebody needs to steal some burner links.

Time to shit or get off the pot, nekkid peeples :)

Mirikon (our newest Heron)  you can feel free to speak up and check in as well.  Right now you are sitting in a diner with a movie star, in Yakima Washington getting a free meal, you will probably be doing that for a minute or two.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (22:21:10/03-31-13)
Glad to have you on board, Mirikon.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:22:42/03-31-13)
Glad to have you on board, Mirikon.

Quite so.  Here's hoping we don't need his phonebook, though.  :P
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (04:37:32/04-01-13)
Quote
Time to shit or get off the pot
I'm out. Moving house, and will be stuck with mobile internet until optus sorts out their holdup.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (05:01:28/04-01-13)
I suppose the alternative there (if it works for you and for Crossbow) is moving Icarus temporarily to NPC status until you've got reliable/reasonably priced internet again.  Just a suggestion.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Mirikon on (12:43:00/04-01-13)
Sorry for delay. Work schedule was crazified because a coworker was on vacation all week.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (13:40:55/04-01-13)
Ok, Sam's latest post is up. Sorry for the long pause, but we've been pushing towards a deadline recently, which we're past now. :)

And Mirikon--welcome on board. :D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Mirikon on (15:26:28/04-01-13)
Right, I read through the first couple sixteen pages or so, and the last five. I'll catch up on my reading later, but here's a post, just to keep things in motion. Also, I'll be working up a new mage to replace Heron, when things get to a proper switching point.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (01:16:25/04-02-13)
That might be for the best, if Crossbow allows it. We could work it out as one of the characters' contacts arranges for someone who has information about this situation (limited info) to meet the group once back in Seattle. This informant (new character) is somehow persuaded into filling in for one of the characters leaving. Of course, remuneration would be provided. Just throwing it out there.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (11:41:06/04-02-13)
I'm still around  ;D.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Mirikon on (20:40:07/04-02-13)
I was thinking of bringing over Wyrmtongue. Naga Mage/Face. Interesting backstory to the character. He was a former security critter for MCT, before the CC ruling that said Nagas had rights meant that MCT had to put him under contract or let him go. He chose to go. He follows Seductress.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:55:40/04-02-13)
Not opposed to a mage, but we have a dedicated face and I already talked several elves out of making split class faces, so I would prefer to see you going whole hog (or snake as the case may be) on the mage side.  Still waiting for the backstory on that one.

In other news, waiting to hear back from Novocrane on a permanent status.  For now I will run Icarus as an NPC, which means the other three (Fionn, Clem and O'Connor) need to give him the plan and what part he's play, which I will assume to be the main grabber after the cams are killed and the others create a distraction, but I wasn't sure that was 100 percent yet.

reposting relevant physical descriptions:


The local Ares-Mart (yep, I decided that is who ended up with it and what it got renamed) is fairly typical of the brand, though allowing for a certain regional flavor and operating in a capacity consistant with the Nation regulations on mega-corp access.  As happens in most rural communities, it has become a location of note for the less well to-do to congregate and do a majority of their day-to-day shopping.  Although you still feel especially exposed considering the racial make-up is Amerind, there are a few others wandering around that let you know you aren't completly alone.

Security-wise, the place is a joke, other than standard theft deterrent procedures, the plan is basically to make sure one the rediculous unsubtle security cameras catches whatever criminal act may occur and then pass it up the corporate chain to be dealt with.  That end of things can get pretty serious though, there was a group of smash-and-grabbers that hit several locations down in the CAS, when Lone Star caught up with them all but one had to be wheeled into their arraignment after they had 'resisted arrest'.

The disposble commlinks are in a locked case along with other small electronics, that doubles as the secondary checkout for the electronics area.


...and...

Icarus' roll comfirms the redundant camera coverage. The basic idea is that a single hacker or act of sabotage cannot shut down or scramble the feeds to all the cameras at once, Icarus also notes a lack professionallism on the part of the security he can see, rent-a-cops of the lowest source, theft detterent only.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (23:48:31/04-02-13)
Yeah, I understood that Ikari was going to do the heavy lifting while Fionn kills the relevant cameras and O'Connor & Clem would provide a distraction if needed.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:29:15/04-03-13)
Pretty much the plan as I understood it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (06:54:13/04-03-13)
... the others create a distraction...
Oh, if there's one thing O'Connor's good for, it's causing a distraction.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (11:23:06/04-03-13)
Okay then, I am in another IRL end of term paper crunch at the moment, so I will expect you three to post what you are doing and I will follow your lead. 

Things to remember:

You are not trying not to get arrested or straight kill anyone, cuz that would be bad.

Icarus can and will do something to disguise himself, but the rest of you have no real ability to do so, so remember you are, literally, palefaces deep in indian country and that with the relatively high profile of your cover story, you will likely be ID'd within the day if things get loud.

The silver lining to this dark cloud, You are hell hounds in a flock of mundane sheep.  Highly skilled trained professionals, and there is very little that anyone in this rinky-dink town can do to you if you don't want them to.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (13:38:58/04-03-13)
What I was thinking was Ikari would go in and try to do his thing while Fionn worked his Matrix magic. If anything went south, a signal would have been prior decided and Clem and O'Connor could start a distraction in order to either facilitate the pull or to get Ikari out of trouble.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (13:48:57/04-03-13)
Placement of the comms in the cabinet that doubles as a register makes that a problem.  The distraction needs to occur so that it will occupy and draw the attention of anyone at that counter, preferably moving them, but based on Icarus skill, not absolutely necessary.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:59:38/04-04-13)
Okay GM is asking the question, because the NPC wouldn't.  Why do you want Icarus to give the signal to start?  He should be avoiding attention, not having folks looking at him, and he is the last to act after Fionn has killed the cameras and the others start the distraction.

This is why I don't like trying to think with both sides of my brain at the same time, MAKE THE BAD MAN STOP WITH THE BRAIN HURTING!  :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:25:31/04-04-13)
Fionn's thinking was that we'd want him to be ready to go first.  This is outside of his specialty, so he's not sure if there's a subtle enough signal for it to work.  If Icarus doesn't think it's a good plan, he should probably say so.

Not quite sure if it's worth it to spend the 2 Edge to downgrade the one threading glitch in there...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (01:42:59/04-05-13)
The logical thing would be for Fionn to signal that things have been taken care of, for Clem and O'Connor to start acting up and then for Ikari to make his move.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:45:36/04-05-13)
I just need to hear from Crossbow before I can post the remainder of the hack.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (01:50:11/04-05-13)
Do yo thing
Sorry, posted that before I checked the other post.  You have to make the call, the glitch could be things you are completely unaware of, so there is no telling
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (02:27:20/04-05-13)
Hm...  Well, alarm wouldn't make very much sense for a Threading test, and it wasn't a critical, so I suppose I'll gamble on it.  It costs me 2 Edge, so it's a pretty serious expense.

Also, edit posted.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (23:58:35/04-06-13)
Hydro, you are really going to make me ask for the translation?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (00:46:20/04-07-13)
Hahaha, it just means "be careful, omae"
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (05:01:11/04-07-13)
I'm going to need your call on this, Crossbow. Clem just answered "shut up", not sure if this needs a con roll or not.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (05:04:01/04-07-13)
Is it bad that I just laughed my head off when I read Clem's "inspiration" for the fake fight?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (07:03:52/04-07-13)
At least we can laugh about it ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (07:13:08/04-07-13)
So long as it's actually fun for people, I tend to enjoy natural IC conflict (so long as it doesn't devolve into actual PvP).  You get a more entertaining dynamic, at the very least.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (07:41:51/04-07-13)
Couldn't agree more.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (10:41:13/04-07-13)
I'm going to need your call on this, Crossbow. Clem just answered "shut up", not sure if this needs a con roll or not.

Why would you need a Con roll yet?  Telling O'Connor to shut up isn't an act for you at this point, it's as natural as breathing :)

You haven't really done enough, either of you, to need a Con roll.  Based on the quality level of roleplaying you do, when the time comes for it, I may even give a bonus to the roll.  You have barely gotten a raised eyebrow so far, you will need a great deal more to properly influence all of your intended audience.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (11:09:26/04-07-13)
I can't really make Clem do more than loud rebuttals. Her charisma is quite low and defaulting would essentially reduce her pool to nothing.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (11:58:31/04-07-13)
Yeah I know, but try anyway.  Besides, you and O'Connor are coordinating on this, make it believable and it might get up to something Sam can do when he is half asleep and heavily wounded :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (02:37:44/04-08-13)
I've just posted something to get back into the game and to include Mirikon as well, as he's currently stuck with me in the diner.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Mirikon on (05:11:38/04-08-13)
Ah, cool.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (05:35:58/04-08-13)
There was, as I recall, some discussion on where people were going before - Sam and Johnny didn't really have a location-based plan, but the other group did.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (18:04:58/04-08-13)
Okay that is definitely enough for me to work with, I am at school now, but I will post later tonight.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (11:29:07/04-09-13)
So you guys know, I am not asking for any rolls yet, because you guys haven't really needed them.  At this point you guys are acting out a fairly natural scene and the give and take have been good, so we will save any rolls.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (01:45:47/04-10-13)
I think I'll let O'Connor deal with the family man first.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (18:05:58/04-10-13)
If Sam wanted to talk more with the sherriff on the ride back lemme know and I can change my last post. Glad to be back in the thick of things ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (19:36:27/04-10-13)
You know, I've been wracking my brain trying to see if there's anything else Sam's likely to get out of Mr. Sheriff, and I think he's done as best he can--throw up a bit more smoke about what we're doing out here, get a good feel for the lay of the land, and meet a potential target/mark/maybe assistant?...guess that depends on what the team decides to do with him. :)

Crossbow--can Sam pick the sheriff up as a contact without having a commlink handy?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (23:39:21/04-10-13)
Okay, now we can do a Con check, Hydro, your final pool for the check is 5 dice, since neither of you have the skill, you can't use teamwork, so roll it.

Thvor, I award contacts at the end, you can get his contact information though without a link and we will determine what your relationship is at that time.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:54:39/04-11-13)
Invisible Castle is down, incidentally.  Alternative for the mean time: http://rolz.org/group

I've already opened a "New Beginnings" room.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (09:41:21/04-11-13)
I'll wait for the GM to give me instructions before anything.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (09:48:40/04-11-13)
Go ahead and use the other site
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (10:26:01/04-11-13)
So I don't know how to link it here, but it says I got one hit and no glitches.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (11:24:15/04-11-13)
If you click on the roll it will give you a posting code in another screen

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (04:45:41/04-13-13)
Doesn't look like I can go back and get it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:15:32/04-13-13)
I've got a post to get in here, but I'm stuck on my phone for now - care to give me a chance to get that done before things go futher on?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:56:20/04-13-13)
I will wait for you, probably a good idea at this point.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:33:35/04-14-13)
Judge Intentions on the security guard to determine how suspicious he is and how prepared he is to escalate this into a physical confrontation.

11E5 => 4 | die: D6, ones: 4

EDIT:  Erm, Hydro...  Would Clem really say that with the security guard literally just two steps away?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (21:19:53/04-14-13)
She would definitely say that seeing how her "subterfuge" didn't seem to work.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:25:46/04-14-13)
As opposed to actually giving him a chance to sell their cover?  Because I have/had a plan - one which, frankly, didn't call for Fionn to be giving anyone else TIME to interject, because it doesn't even call for him to stop moving.

This plan may or may not result in Fionn getting stun baton'd, but if it does, it makes the security guard seem to be in the wrong, and thus it's legit, or at least defensible, for Clem to knock the guy out.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (21:38:22/04-14-13)
Ok, I'll edit my post.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:38:54/04-14-13)
Thanks.  And come to think of it, the plan doesn't really change based on that Judge Intentions roll...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (22:58:32/04-14-13)
I'm late to the party. Out of curiosity, what'd you originally say Hydro?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (23:02:49/04-14-13)
Deal with him or else O'Connor and I will.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:15:07/04-14-13)
Alright, so now the guy can either tase Fionn, or let us go.  If he does the former, he looks like the bad guy and it's believable as justified for Clem and O'Connor to deal with him non-lethally - and the fire alarm's about to go off anyways, so we're getting out of there regardless.

I just hope the stun damage isn't enough to knock Fionn out - he's halfway there as it is.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (12:19:49/04-15-13)
CB, dunno if you want a perception roll for this. I'm looking to see who's where, since Sam's been out for a decent amount of time (by the way, what time is it, anyhow?). I know Heron & Sammy are still there; are the cook & waitresses the same? How big's the crowd? Anyone who stands out--clearly richer/poorer than the rest, etc.?

Also, just FYI, I can't access rolz.org from my office computer. I can get there on my phone, but that's a bit awkward. Bummer about Invisible Castle going down. :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (15:21:34/04-15-13)
Sure, give me a perception roll whatever way you can.  If Castle stays down I will have to figure something else eventually, still in the end of semester crush here, but I will make some post later tonight for the benefit of both groups.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (15:37:45/04-15-13)
Sure, give me a perception roll whatever way you can.  If Castle stays down I will have to figure something else eventually, still in the end of semester crush here, but I will make some post later tonight for the benefit of both groups.

Ok, copying from my phone...
Quote
12D6E5 => [ 1; 6; 4; 1; 5; 5; 5; 2; 5; 5; 1; 1; => 6 success(es) against 5 ] = 6 | ones: 4
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (19:38:03/04-15-13)
Based on the specific error, Castle should be coming back up at some point - this particular error is sent by the server, which means that the server is at least responsive.  Little bit of searching when it first happened seemed to show that it wasn't the first time this has happened - occurances were back in 2009, mind you.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (19:38:57/04-16-13)
Crossbow: Shouldn't the fire alarm have gone off before we got out of the store?  Fionn rigged it to go off in 20 seconds, and I would think it would have taken at least that long to reach the door at a walking pace.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (19:48:02/04-16-13)
That's a good question. And I guess we don't see Ikari neither, right?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (19:50:57/04-16-13)
Does it really even matter? We're out the door and gone at this point.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (19:52:58/04-16-13)
Has to do with the guards following us.  The fire alarm should present them with a distraction that prevents them from doing so - especially since I seriously doubt there's any more security guards present.  Really, I'm a little surprised there's that many, but maybe that's something that's done differently up here.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (20:01:04/04-16-13)
To me it makes sense. In a calm community, having somewhat of a disturbance will effectively get all the personnel in the same place. I've seen it happen many times in real life.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:11:06/04-16-13)
Yeah, I'm more surprised that they'd have so many on shift at once.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:00:36/04-16-13)
Sorry this is late, but will probably require some rewriting of IC posts...

Crossbow: Shouldn't the fire alarm have gone off before we got out of the store?  Fionn rigged it to go off in 20 seconds, and I would think it would have taken at least that long to reach the door at a walking pace.

Hard to tell exactly without a link, but surely by now yes, also...

"Seemed to.  Now the question is 'where the hell is he'."  Fionn spent a few seconds scrubbing his Resonance signature out of the security node before rebooting his wetware again.  "I could really stand to rest for a bit at this point, though - had to pull a lot of threads together to do a lot of different things, and the Fade hit me a little harder than I expected.  Should count my blessings, though - I was pretty sure that guy was going to tase me when I walked right past him."

...the security node is offline.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:15:58/04-16-13)
...  Shouldn't Fionn have noticed that?  And, for that matter, shouldn't the fire alarm be audible (and if not, the bio-node would act as a commlink, so he'd be able to pick up on it anyways)?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:32:34/04-16-13)
Fire alarm would have been audible if it had went off yes.  I mentioned the commlinks because that is what people generally use for timepieces, the timing was such that it pretty much happened about the time you posted going in to scrub, so let's work from that point.  I didn't think you would necessarily notice it if you were not in full VR, if that is not true, then we are going to call it part of your glitch and part wound modifier and go forward, okay?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:34:48/04-16-13)
M'kay.  In any case, still re-rebooting the bionode, which means that I'm on yet another new Access ID.  So, unless they've got another technomancer on staff (as only Resonance entities can perceive a Matrix signature), we should still be clean, or at least in theory.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (21:43:23/04-16-13)
Not to distract from the potential fecal-fan combination that the Ares Mart crew seems to be looking at, but...which waitress is Flo? The one Sam chatted up earlier was Alice, and the other one was Vera...
The only one really having issues is poor Vera, left to handle all of the customers herself.

Just want to know if I need to establish a new relationship or not.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:34:01/04-16-13)
Oops got my waitresses mixed up, it's alice, editing now
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (14:12:51/04-17-13)
Okay I am taking lack of editing on the part of RHat and his crew that Fionn is not sharing the developments occuring with the security situation.  If that is the case, I will post on that group a little later.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (16:00:00/04-17-13)
I'm in the middle of exams, so I haven't quite figured out the best way to edit that in yet.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (16:02:57/04-17-13)
I'm going to be on vacation for a week starting tomorrow. If posts get made today, I'll try to respond, after that someone's gonna have to stand in for me for a bit.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (16:32:12/04-17-13)
I'm in the middle of exams, so I haven't quite figured out the best way to edit that in yet.

I understand exams, take your time.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (16:41:03/04-17-13)
I'm in the middle of exams, so I haven't quite figured out the best way to edit that in yet.

I understand exams, take your time.

I'm so happy I don't have those anymore.  :)
On the other hand, the amount of vacation is also severely reduced.  :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (17:18:06/04-17-13)
I'm in the middle of exams, so I haven't quite figured out the best way to edit that in yet.

I understand exams, take your time.



I write my last one for the term tomorrow night, so won't be having an impact for too much longer.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (18:34:02/04-17-13)
Wrong group Mirikon, you are at the diner with the 2 Sams and Johnny.  Also, if you have figured out how you are getting paid, you might want to let the group know.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Mirikon on (19:50:18/04-17-13)
Sorry, will edit.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (01:43:38/04-19-13)
Based on the specific error, Castle should be coming back up at some point - this particular error is sent by the server, which means that the server is at least responsive.  Little bit of searching when it first happened seemed to show that it wasn't the first time this has happened - occurances were back in 2009, mind you.

It is back up.  I just managed to access it again.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:49:23/04-19-13)
"You're right, forgot he mentioned that...  McBurger's, up by the light.  Best if we get moving, then."  He noticed that the security node had gone offline.  "We may, potentially, have a problem; the security node has gone offline.  That could mean they've noticed there was an intrusion.  It's pretty much impossible to trace it back to me - I've cycled through multiple Access ID's through all this, and while I was logged into there I was using the supervisor's ID and credentials; I just did a reboot to be sure though, which gives me a new ID and thus leaves them with basically no idea of what to be looking for.  All the same, best not to be sticking around here and raising suspicion - just be on your guards."

Edit posted.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (01:24:19/04-20-13)
Edited to reflect Fionn's changes.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:37:23/04-20-13)
Based on the way we last resolved a long term continuous Detect Hidden Node, the sprite would be getting 2 hits every 3 seconds or so, allowing it to detect most hidden nodes in MSR inside of 30 seconds.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:11:31/04-20-13)
understood, I wil let you know

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (00:53:21/04-23-13)
Are the links ready to be used or does something further need to be done?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (01:00:23/04-23-13)
They are good to go, who want to call somebody?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:01:06/04-23-13)
Good to go, now.  By slaving them, Fionn's able to control the incoming and outgoing traffic, stopping third parties from causing trouble - they'd have to hack him, and that's flat out impossible for anything without a Resonance score; mundane hackers, AIs, and such can't even make the attempt.  It's not perfect, but it will do until there's time to register a Paladin sprite to act as IC.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (02:12:17/04-23-13)
Clem will call a few of her contacts to make sure 1- nobody is pissed at her and 2- how she got there and what the details of the run were.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (12:05:27/04-23-13)
I'm back.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (12:47:32/04-23-13)
Welcome back Necro, as you can see, O'Connor is back at the diner, they have four comms.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (19:59:05/04-23-13)
Oh, good, now we might get some real answers.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (15:46:17/04-25-13)
Okay, I was waiting for Thvor, super duper contact chat post coming up.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (16:29:36/04-25-13)
Don't know if I covered this before, but this is as good a time for a reminder if I did, for Mirikon's sake.

So it is said, I assume a certain level 'street smarts' on the part of characters, for that reason I will gloss over for the point of saving time a lot of 'tradecraft' that you as criminals would know, things like calling contacts from unfamiliar commlinks will not cause you problems (unless there is a glitch involved) because you know how to cover certain things.  This also covers things like carrying heavy weapons in public, running around without a certain amount of caution to your surroundings (active IDs when apprpriate, head on a swivel, whatnot). 

If any of this becomes an issue, know that I always assume you aren't being actively stupid, so I may assume things that put you at a disadvantage, but for good reason.  If this is not the case, you need to tell me you actively doing something dumb.

Questions?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (20:38:17/04-25-13)
Fair enough, makes sense.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (21:05:54/04-25-13)
So, you're basically saying that Sam shouldn't be worried about everyone grabbing comms, that we can assume they're doing it discretely? :) Fair enough, though he's still not going to take one of them.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (23:58:59/04-25-13)
A certain amount of discretion can be assumed, but to Sam's finely honed awareness of social graces, it would still make him wince so you are fine.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (02:12:26/04-26-13)
Sounds good.  :)

And Thvor: for Sammy it's okay, as she did a dumb blonde act before telling she had left her commlink in the car (as to explain why she didn't have one).  So her grabbing one isn't going to be suspicious.  Or at least not all that much.  But wince away.  ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (10:05:21/04-26-13)
Crossbow--how difficult would it be for Sam to convince Rudy or Alice to loan him a vehicle for a bit?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (18:10:22/04-26-13)
I'm moving on the first and I'm not sure how badly it will affect me being able to respond. I've still got my smart phone so all is not lost.  ::)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (20:08:27/04-26-13)
Nice. Where to?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (00:28:29/04-27-13)
Calling a halt, I got a post to get up before anything moves further in the diner.  I am still trying to finish an essay, so it may be a bit, but I didn't want you guys trying to leave just yet.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (00:29:27/04-27-13)
Got it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (00:30:33/04-27-13)
No prob. I'm moving to Raleigh NC.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (03:02:51/04-27-13)
Okay, the post is going up, but I want to ask that you all give farothel first option to overtly act and post in response to the new arrival.  I will let folks do certain things, but I want Sammy to have first crack at what is going on.   

Farothel, if you didn't yet, please note the PM prior to posting.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (00:29:23/04-28-13)
Did Fionn put the numbers for the commlinks into one another?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:31:46/04-28-13)
That hadn't occurred to me at the time, but I'll go with yes - seeing as it's a perfectly logical thing to do.  Even if he didn't, they're presently all networked together through his wetware.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (00:36:32/04-28-13)
That would make sense.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (08:28:18/04-28-13)
Wow, things are moving fast.  :P

I don't like that we've got people rushing for vehicles before we know what we're doing. Here are some thoughts I'd like to throw out:
 - Liam seems to want to help; perhaps some of the gang could go to the theater? Lots of places to hide in those, not to mention costumes, etc. Trust me, most theaters are a veritable rabbit's warren backstage.
 - Sam can drive. Anyone else?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (08:33:57/04-28-13)
For my character, it's just instinct. She doesn't want to stand around while local law enforcement is on their way. She'd rather leave and then figure out where to go.

But yeah, the theater might be a good place to go to. It might give Heron a place to hide while he astrally wanders around.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (17:32:15/04-28-13)
O'Connor's a I-ain't-gonin'-back-to-prison type. The situation is going to devolve rather rapidly if O'Connor starts hearing sirens.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (17:39:44/04-28-13)
I'll play out the hunch here and go for the Judge Intentions roll.

[spoiler]
Judge Intentions on Liam (11d6.hits(5)=6) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4029251/)
[/spoiler]

Apparently Fionn is good at reading people?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (18:39:56/04-28-13)
Liam is quite willing to help, actually eager too.  The Blue Skys as well, star power and good cons have their uses.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (18:44:14/04-28-13)
And he gets the impression that everyone's being honest?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (19:33:30/04-28-13)
Everyone except you guys :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:17:21/04-28-13)
I am saying this out loud instead of a PM because I don't want to have to say it again.  We have recently had a rash in this game of what I call Omniscient PC Syndrome, I do not approve and would appriciate not seeing it anymore.

If you need this condition described it is a character's ability's to know things their player does, but their character would not.  It rears it's head in several forms.  Technical knowledge a player has that suddenly appears in a magazine the otherwise unskilled character happens to have read, a sudden burst of activity of a cautious nature taken by a character when a player is asked a question by the GM or sees him do something behind his screen or acting to get an encounter ready, and the symptom I have noticed creeping in here, players acting to intercede in situations they are not a part of.

I am sympathetic to people wanting to be a part of things or to try and keep a situation from going wrong, but becoming infected by OPCS is not a good answer.  I am doing my best to keep everyone as active as I can, and I will continue to do so, but at some point, you will be waiting in the wings.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (22:21:09/04-28-13)
Sorry if OPCS has taken a hold of me, I'll try to keep it in check  :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (01:34:28/04-29-13)
I try to avoid metagaming, if I am failing I would appreciate it if you'd point where I've erred?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (14:39:05/04-29-13)
That came off a little heavier than I wanted it to.  It really isn't a big deal and the situations where it came up were not that critical.  For those worried about who I was addressing, it was Sammy and Heron planning to astral track the Aresmart team and Fionn's text just now.  Like I said, nothing critical, I just wanted to get a jump on the problem.

Speaking of Sammy, farothel, did I miss an expected response by your talismonger contact or did you kinda issue him instructions and say see  ya later?
Because that is what I took it as.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (14:59:54/04-29-13)
Crossbow, I have yet to receive a response from you regarding my last IC post.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (15:43:43/04-29-13)
That came off a little heavier than I wanted it to.  It really isn't a big deal and the situations where it came up were not that critical.  For those worried about who I was addressing, it was Sammy and Heron planning to astral track the Aresmart team and Fionn's text just now.  Like I said, nothing critical, I just wanted to get a jump on the problem.

Speaking of Sammy, farothel, did I miss an expected response by your talismonger contact or did you kinda issue him instructions and say see  ya later?
Because that is what I took it as.

Indeed, I just asked him to look into it and I assume that it would take some time before he can come up with an answer, if at all.

As for the metagaming, we were back in the diner without knowing where the rest of the group was.  Going astral to see where they were sounded logical to me, as you can search a lot faster on the astral than in meat space.  Try and find them back.  But I'll try to keep it limited in the future, although I hope this situation wouldn't repeat itself (at least now we have commlinks to keep in touch).  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (15:59:37/04-29-13)
Crossbow, I have yet to receive a response from you regarding my last IC post.


Sorry, got lost there, and didn't see this until after I advanced the story, you find writing instruments.  Exchange what you wish to with Clementine by PM and CC me
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (16:36:01/04-29-13)
I'd like to call a stop until the GM responds to a PM I just sent him.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (16:59:23/04-29-13)
I'd like to call a stop until the GM responds to a PM I just sent him.

Done with the PM we can move it to the OOC thread, as I said in my reply I didn't think you had settled on how to deal with the meet, but Matt would have to drop his sister and Icarus at the theater anyway, so I figured to move planning over there before it got bogged down at the diner.  If you guys figure I was completely out of line, we can erase and correct.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (02:07:34/05-01-13)
Apologies, but to be fair I did have a certain reasoning - Fionn seems to have a talent for reading people, and previous behaviour had established Clem and O'Connor as the suspicious sorts.  I'm open to the possibility that it only makes sense to me, though.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (02:41:03/05-01-13)
And with Fionn's too on-the-nose message, the suspicious people are now paranoid, or at least my character is.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (03:10:02/05-01-13)
That actually works really well from a character standpoint.  He's got the natural abilities, but not always the experience to make use of those abilities wisely.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (03:44:53/05-01-13)
Yeah, Clem is a bit freaked out as well. She's now convinced Fionn was listening in on their conversation, which she will make a point of reminding Fionn never to do again.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (19:11:05/05-01-13)
FYI, I've tweaked what Sam said, as the jibe about getting stoned struck me (after the fact) as being a little too close to omniscient PC syndrome. Sam is much more likely to suspect the elf of being drunk, especially since Fionn is still suffering some stun damage, I believe. The wooziness could easily be the result of hitting the bar a tad early. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (19:54:58/05-01-13)
Damn funny either way  ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:14:01/05-01-13)
Sam accused the college-aged Irish guy of getting blitzed in the morning?  More fun, I'd say.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (01:56:34/05-02-13)
If you need healing, Sammy has the heal spell (I think I used it before, so you should know I have it).  As she doesn't know you have suffered fading (and probably doesn't even know what fading is), I can't offer.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (02:13:45/05-02-13)
Yeah, but Heal only works on Physical damage, of which he's only taken 1 box.  It's the Stun that's getting him, as he's about halfway through that condition monitor.  He really just needs a couple of chances to roll for healing, which he'll get if we're laying low.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (02:52:00/05-02-13)
Just out of curiosity, did O'Connor have a chance to heal a bit on the car ride from the Amerind's house to Yakima? I was under the impression it was a few hours, which I think would have given him some time to rest, no? Of course, all this is at the GM's discretion.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (02:54:34/05-02-13)
Physical damage takes a full day of rest for healing, and we haven't really had the chance to sit down and breathe little lone take a few days off.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (03:51:03/05-02-13)
Yeah, I'm having the same issue with Fionn starting to get a little stretched on the Stun side - needs to get a bit of rest in to heal off the penalties.  Nowhere near as bad off as O'Connor, though.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (10:09:33/05-02-13)
As to who's going and who's staying: I know Heron told his watcher to wake him if Sammy called for him, which implies that she needs to stay at the theater. Sam wasn't part of that conversation, though. :-\ And I personally don't know if it's possible to change the who the watcher is watching, esp. since Heron only got the one service.

And I'll understand if Fionn can't get the information Sam wants, given his stun status...it'll make things a bit more of a challenge, of course, but that's normal around here. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: mtfeeney = Baron on (10:21:54/05-02-13)
Not to intrude, but that's not how watcher spirits work.  The net hits by the summoner determine how long the watcher spirit lasts.  1 hour per hit.  There are no services to speak of.  You tell it to do something, it does it.  It disappears at the end of its time limit.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (10:28:14/05-02-13)
HOLY CRAP we have an audience!  :o ;D

Not to intrude, but that's not how watcher spirits work.  The net hits by the summoner determine how long the watcher spirit lasts.  1 hour per hit.  There are no services to speak of.  You tell it to do something, it does it.  It disappears at the end of its time limit.

Good catch thanks
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: mtfeeney = Baron on (10:39:12/05-02-13)
I'm joining a pbp soon, so I'm trying to figure this stuff out. Sorry if it was inappropriate to post here.  :-\
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (10:42:30/05-02-13)
I'm joining a pbp soon, so I'm trying to figure this stuff out. Sorry if it was inappropriate to post here.  :-\

Don't worry about it. Generally, yeah, only players and the GM post in the IC and OOC threads, but for the OOC threads, that's not a hard-and-fast rule, as long as the audience comments don't overwhelm the players. Jumping in to clarify a rule is perfectly fine. I haven't played a mage so far, so my understanding of that part of the ruleset is limited--thanks for the clarification! And good luck with your game. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (13:44:06/05-02-13)
Yeah, I'm having the same issue with Fionn starting to get a little stretched on the Stun side - needs to get a bit of rest in to heal off the penalties.  Nowhere near as bad off as O'Connor, though.

Stun is a body+willpower (1 hour) extended test.  A full night rest should heal most of it.  Physical damage is bodyx2 (1 day) test, so that's a bit more tricky.  As magical healing can only be used once on each set of wounds and all O'Connor's wounds have been taken in one go (that barghest) we can't do anything more.  But with just buying hits we can get rid of that 1 box physical damage that Fionn has.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Mirikon on (14:55:42/05-02-13)
Whoops, my bad on the watcher thing. I think this might be the first time I've ever used one.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (14:59:03/05-02-13)
Of course, given the terms of its service, if Sammy goes it goes with her.

And tyes, healing the one box of Physical would be easy if Fionn were the sort to mention it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (16:39:30/05-02-13)
I'll stay.  At least that way the secondary talky person is there to maybe avoid bloodshed if the cops show up.  ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (23:08:30/05-02-13)
RHat--got a question on your IC post.
"So long as you don't wind up out in another dead zone, I can operate from here - though there is some risk that, should they notice me, they may be able to trace me back to here."
Is Fionn (deliberately or not) ignoring/misinterpreting Sam's request that he try to listen to the cops' links now, before anyone leaves for the meet?

If that's the case, then Sam may decide he needs to do his own recognizance. He'll also be really pissed at the elf; I'm honestly not sure what that would do to his willingness to keep working as a team. (O'Connor and Clem are already straining his boundaries, being such...different personalities from him.*)

If Fionn isn't willing to risk trying the attempt in his current condition, that's understandable--though how he'll explain the stun damage without furthering Sam's suspicion of inebriation...well...:D

Just want to know what your intention is before I write Sam's next moves.


*Just for clarification, I'm not complaining here, nor am I saying that I am not enjoying playing with HydroRaven & Necrogigas. Quite the opposite. It's interesting seeing how Sam's personality works--and doesn't work--with the personalities of the other characters. Sam's very etiquette focused, and is used to moving in the higher strata of society. Clem and O'Connor bring a level of coarseness that he doesn't have much experience with...or patience for. I want our group to succeed as a team, so I'm hoping that the three of them will learn to get along somehow; it just hasn't happened yet.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (23:19:23/05-02-13)
I'm also curious to see how they'll pull through.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (02:27:55/05-03-13)
I don't see our characters pulling together any time soon. I think the group's a hair's breadth away from dividing into factions.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (02:29:19/05-03-13)
Call that one my fault, Thvor - I seem to have missed that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Mirikon on (02:38:38/05-03-13)
Well, hopefully everyone sticks together long enough to get back to Seattle. Then if there are factional shifts, new characters (like mine) can easily be rolled in. ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (03:12:47/05-03-13)
Edit posted.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (15:22:08/05-03-13)
Sorry been moving and lacking interwebs at home so posting from work.
Johnny usually isnt this quite but... He will have to be the strong silent type for a few more days.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (00:03:31/05-04-13)
It happens, no worries.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (06:44:40/05-04-13)
I don't see our characters pulling together any time soon. I think the group's a hair's breadth away from dividing into factions.

I should have taken the orgy spell.  That would have brought everybody together.  ;)

I'll try to be as the Force.  I have a light side, a dark side and I keep the universe (or at least this little group) together.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (06:52:58/05-04-13)
Hahaha, orgy spell would have made for an awkward morning after.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (07:01:51/05-04-13)
I suddenly want to make a character who reflexively casts Orgy whenever something shocking happens...  Definitely putting that one in the NPC file for future use.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (10:10:08/05-04-13)
The neighborhood is a florist, a couple of restaurants and a lot of offices,
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (05:44:10/05-05-13)
Following the current thread of OCC discussion, I think it might be fun for us to discuss OOC where our characters stand with one another IC. Though that kind of talk has all kinds of metagaming potential and could leave our newcomer, Mirikon, out in the cold. So it would probably be better to wait on approval of Crossbow.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (07:02:04/05-05-13)
Following the current thread of OCC discussion, I think it might be fun for us to discuss OOC where our characters stand with one another IC. Though that kind of talk has all kinds of metagaming potential and could leave our newcomer, Mirikon, out in the cold. So it would probably be better to wait on approval of Crossbow.

I so see Sammy take the best looking of the other characters into one of the little dark corners you always have at the back of a stage.  ;)  Problem is that I still don't know who that is.   :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Mirikon on (08:14:20/05-05-13)
Lol. If it is 'high Cha', then that may be Wyrmtongue, once he arrives on the scene. He does have 20 dice to Seduction attempts (22 if his Fame applies). Wyrmtongue is locally famous both for some vore-porn trids he did after getting released from MCT, and for a local trid show he hosts. But other than that, he only has a single rank in Etiquette and Negotiation, so he shouldn't be stepping on the face's toes when it comes to 'work'.

For those of you who are interested, Wyrmtongue follows Seductress and the Shinto tradition (he learned while at MCT), and his spell list includes: Body Glove, Astral Armor, Stunbolt, Improved Invisibility, Orgasm, Orgy, Control Emotions, Alter Memories, Heal, and Increase Reflexes. He's more of a support mage than a combat mage.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (08:23:05/05-05-13)
I'm assuming Wyrmtongue is your character after Crossbow finally pops Heron.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Mirikon on (08:38:08/05-05-13)
Indeed. A Naga Shinto priest, formerly with MCT, then doing some 'work' for the Choson Ring, now independent, and running less for the nuyen and more for the experiences.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (10:53:43/05-05-13)
I have no problem at all with the idea of discussing motivations and what not OOC, I actually find it very helpful to keep people from getting hurt IRL when they have a better context than what a person's written creativity can convey.

Mirikon, your character is not final yet.  I do still have some serious questions about Wyrmtongue, not the least of which is one you reminded me of when you rattled off your spell list.  Sammy's spellbook seems to be rather along the same line as yours, and I kinda preferred that if you have two mages in a group that they go in different directions.

I present that here rather than in PM because if the group would rather have a high concentration of, in this case illusion spells that  is something I want to hear as well.

Also, Novocrane has also returned to the digital age, but is not yet comfortable with taking Icarus back yet because of limited access.  I would welcome his input however in any OOC discussions.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (10:58:27/05-05-13)
Fionn [Negative Minus]: Hates him, a moralistic asshole with an unseen motive

Clem [Positive Plus]: Violent and brash, aces in O'Conner's book

Sammy [Neutral Minus]: No real interpersonal interaction, but looks down on those from higher socio-economic strata

Heron [Neutral]: No real interpersonal interaction

Torley [Neutral Minus]: No real interpersonal interaction, but doesn't trust silver tongues

Icarus [Neutral Plus]: Did his job at Ares-Mart

Johnny [Negative Plus]: Moralistic hypocrite, but did save O'Conner's ass, owes him


I present that here rather than in PM because if the group would rather have a high concentration of, in this case illusion spells that  is something I want to hear as well.

I don't mind two support mages, it keeps O'Connor from being outshined by a well placed fireball spell.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (11:43:57/05-05-13)
Fionn [Negative Plus] She thinks he's annoying, snoopy and useless (physically), but he did help them out a few times.

O'Connor [Positive Neutral] Seems dependent in a fight, but needs to work on his "team" concept a bit.

Sammy [Positive Minus] A legend for Orc recognition and useful astrally, hasn't asserted her role in the team so much yet.

Heron [Neutral] Keeps out of her way, no issues.

Sam [Neutral Minus] Self-proclaimed face, hasn't used his "talent" to the team's advantage (as far as she knows)

Icarus [Neutral Minus] Has his uses, but doesn't seem to understand the Japanese concept of "team". Is very cheeky for a man of Japanese origins

Johnny [Positive Minus] Can handle himself quite well in a fight, seems to have a good heart. Not the sharpest tool in the shed though
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:10:03/05-06-13)
O'Connor [Negative Plus]: He thinks he's overly suspicious and violent, and is worried that he could turn out to be a hazard to the team by bringing on a fight that doesn't help them.  The short temper and insistence on trying to intimidate Fionn isn't helping any (for reference, it's not really working - he's just smart enough to pick his moment).

Clem [Neutral Minus]: He's frustrated with her for deciding to conceal information he feels he needs to know, but can at least respect her meritocratic attitude.

Sammy [Neutral Plus]: Seems like a decent enough person for someone so famous, but he hasn't really had much time to form an impression of her as a person rather than as a star.

Heron [Neutral]: Really hasn't formed a strong impression of him.

Sam [Positive Minus]: Seems to be a decent person as far as a first impression goes, but his recent attitude has started to suggest a bit of a different side as well.

Icarus [Positive Plus]: Does his job well, tries to keep the group from falling to pieces, and is at least alright to be around.

Johnny [Positive Plus]: Seems like a good guy stuck in a scenario he doesn't want to be in - something Fionn can empathize with.

And if it's a matter of Charisma alone, Fionn almost definitely takes it at 7.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (23:25:48/05-06-13)
O'Connor: Negative. Sam likes having people around to protect him, but O'Connor seems the sort that could kill you for no reason at all. Not reliable.

Clem: Somewhat negative. Sam didn't like being rebuffed so quickly the first morning; he's used to people liking him a bit more than she seemed to. Fears that she's too close to O'Connor.

Sammy: Positive. Friendly, well-connected, and attractive; definitely characteristics Sam looks for in his female companions. If she offered to take him to a quiet back room, he wouldn't say no.

Heron: Neutral. Hasn't seen him do or say much. Seems competent, and Sammy seems to like him.

Icarus: Neutral. Again, Sam hasn't really seen anything positive or negative from him.

Johnny: Positive. His killing the barghest bare-handed made a great impression.

Fionn: Neutral, slipping negative: Sam doesn't get along with tech-heads in general, and the only useful thing he's seen red do so far is find the diner. While he blames any problems that stem from the Ares Mart affair primarily on Clem and O'Connor, he feels that Fionn should have been able to keep them under control.

Of course, what I've seen and what Sam's seen are different, but that's how it is. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (01:04:00/05-08-13)
I'm back from the lands of no Internet!  ;D

Fionn [Positive]: Likes the guy, mostly due to the shared problem of O'Conner. He has this urge to protect him since he saw how vulnerable he was in the woods. Possible kindred spirits in the long run.

Clem [Positive]: Likes the fact that she gave him advice. Gets the vibe that she can be trusted in a tight spot. Also sees her as someone he could follow if she gave him a good cause.

Sammy [Positive]: He liked some of her work in the trids. They both used to work in the same business so he respects her. She's also proven shes competent and useful.

Heron [Neutral]: Not much interaction. Leaning towards positive because he's proven useful and been cordial.

Torley [Positive (for now)]: Is impressed with the guys smarts and ability to talk to people. If Johnny hears whats going on right now though it could change pretty quick.

Icarus [Positive]: The guy cut him free to let him handle the barghest. That alone earned him the positive ranking and the guy is cool as a cucumber.

O'Conner [Negative Neutral]: He sees O'Conner as a violent paranoid bully with a temper. After their confrontation at the lodge he's decided to try to keep his distance to keep the peace. I could definitely seem them trying to kill each other at some point.  :o
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (10:21:24/05-08-13)
Not going to post any opinions, cuz you are all aces in my book, just letting you know I ain't forgotten folks, just wrapped up with RL at the moment.  Hope to have a chance to write some stuff up tonight.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (10:40:56/05-08-13)
Life happens, don't worry about it :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (19:25:23/05-09-13)
Okay, just a reminder, astral body can only be out for an hour, we went through this when you found the warehouse.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (19:41:22/05-09-13)
(A) Different player.  :P

(B) Isn't it (Magic) hours?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:21:00/05-09-13)
(A) Different player.  :P

(B) Isn't it (Magic) hours?

That is true, on both points
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (23:57:02/05-12-13)
Okay a few quick notes, Clementine you are able to find a blade, your choice, a screwdriver (stabbing), a putty knife (sharp blade w/no real point), or boxcutter (blade and point, but very small, kinda awkward and delicate)

Fionn, gimme some rolls.

Sammy, I actually need a roll from you, memory or media knowledge, your call.  Johnny can also give me a roll on media knowledge but he will need a critical success to get the info that would be a lot easier for Sammy.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:59:55/05-12-13)
Data Search (10d6.hits(5)=1, 10d6.hits(5)=0, 10d6.hits(5)=3, 10d6.hits(5)=4, 10d6.hits(5)=3, 10d6.hits(5)=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4047829/)

Sprite critglitched, but it has it's own Edge - would it use its Edge to buy that down?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (04:36:08/05-13-13)
Wow, those are some bad rolls...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (09:46:37/05-13-13)
Data Search (10d6.hits(5)=1, 10d6.hits(5)=0, 10d6.hits(5)=3, 10d6.hits(5)=4, 10d6.hits(5)=3, 10d6.hits(5)=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4047829/)

Sprite critglitched, but it has it's own Edge - would it use its Edge to buy that down?

Certainly, I take it you will do that then?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (09:59:45/05-13-13)
CB, Sam's looking for a wardrobe change. Preferably a suit of some sort. Also, if he can find a sturdy cane, that'd make him feel much better. Primary goal is to look like a powerful Mr. Johnson for the meet with the smugglers.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (10:22:57/05-13-13)
Wouldn't it be really funny if we went to the meet and then one of the smugglers says "Hey, isn't that the suit I donated to the community theater last year?"
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (10:23:45/05-13-13)
Wouldn't it be really funny if we went to the meet and then one of the smugglers says "Hey, isn't that the suit I donated to the community theater last year?"

Hey, don't give the evil GM ideas! :-X
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (10:46:37/05-13-13)
Just thinking out loud here  ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (10:49:32/05-13-13)
The theater's kinda run down, maybe the clothes are full of mites.  ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (16:55:57/05-13-13)
Still waiting for suitable rolls from Sammy and Johnny

Sammy, I actually need a roll from you, memory or media knowledge, your call.  Johnny can also give me a roll on media knowledge but he will need a critical success to get the info that would be a lot easier for Sammy.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:44:57/05-14-13)
Data Search (10d6.hits(5)=1, 10d6.hits(5)=0, 10d6.hits(5)=3, 10d6.hits(5)=4, 10d6.hits(5)=3, 10d6.hits(5)=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4047829/)

Sprite critglitched, but it has it's own Edge - would it use its Edge to buy that down?

Certainly, I take it you will do that then?

Very much so, yes.

Unlikely to become important in this instance, but would it be subject to my Paragon disadvantage (costs 2 Edge to downgrade a glitch)?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (01:47:44/05-14-13)
Still waiting for suitable rolls from Sammy and Johnny

Sammy, I actually need a roll from you, memory or media knowledge, your call.  Johnny can also give me a roll on media knowledge but he will need a critical success to get the info that would be a lot easier for Sammy.

I must have missed that one.  Rolls coming up.  As I'm not sure, I've used a couple of my knowledge skills.

I have logic + horizon media, logic + magic trids (both are professional knowledge skills) or intuition + celebrity gossip (interest knowledge skill).  As all are at 6 dice, I'll roll once and let you decide which one is appropriate.
media knowledge roll (6d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4048821/)

memory roll:
memory (log 4 + will 4) (8d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4048824/)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (10:22:58/05-14-13)
Data Search (10d6.hits(5)=1, 10d6.hits(5)=0, 10d6.hits(5)=3, 10d6.hits(5)=4, 10d6.hits(5)=3, 10d6.hits(5)=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4047829/)

Sprite critglitched, but it has it's own Edge - would it use its Edge to buy that down?

Certainly, I take it you will do that then?

Very much so, yes.

Unlikely to become important in this instance, but would it be subject to my Paragon disadvantage (costs 2 Edge to downgrade a glitch)?

No, the disad affects you, not your sprites.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:25:33/05-14-13)
Still waiting for suitable rolls from Sammy and Johnny

Sammy, I actually need a roll from you, memory or media knowledge, your call.  Johnny can also give me a roll on media knowledge but he will need a critical success to get the info that would be a lot easier for Sammy.

I must have missed that one.  Rolls coming up.  As I'm not sure, I've used a couple of my knowledge skills.

I have logic + horizon media, logic + magic trids (both are professional knowledge skills) or intuition + celebrity gossip (interest knowledge skill).  As all are at 6 dice, I'll roll once and let you decide which one is appropriate.
media knowledge roll (6d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4048821/)

memory roll:
memory (log 4 + will 4) (8d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4048824/)

Celebrity gossip is what it will come to you from, but not as a subject, as one of the sources.  Liam is a celebrity blogger, think Paris Hilton of the shadowrun era except he has been on the outside looking in for the most part.  You giving him validity is a BIG get, I forget what the social network thing is called, but what ever it is you will definitely be moving him up some serious ranks.  Might be something you want to take advantage of as a proper compensation angle or this could just be a big thank you for getting you off the streets.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (21:55:37/05-14-13)
I say milk him for the bump ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (02:13:24/05-15-13)
That depends on what we need.  If we can get it done without more help from him, I'll leave the favour open for another time.  If we need him for something, of course I'll milk it out.

@Crossbow: Social networks in general are called MoSoSo's (Mobile Social Software), but the one you're looking for is probably Horizon's P2 (pito) network.  Sammy should have an account on there as well.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (04:13:02/05-15-13)
Hydro: Nitpick on your most recent post, but nonetheless, as far as I follow the theater couple O'Connor is suspicious about aren't directly connected to the ex-smuggler or his family. Am I misreading you, or did you misread me? Or is Clem more worried about the smugglers than the actors?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (04:27:55/05-15-13)
I thought the theatre group was related to the smugglers. I'll edit my post if that's not the case.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (10:16:07/05-15-13)
Liam and Rudy are not in anyway connected to Matt and his sister Melissa except by current geography, though Rudy and Melissa seem to be becoming fast friends as they work on sets.

That isn't the only confusion that needs to be cleared up,  I probably should have been a little more clear, but you all came in to the theater from back stage, and the stage itself is where the sets are, and where most of the conversation that has taken place.  It is a huge space so that isn't a problem, Jonny's kata for instance had plenty of room.  The left wing is where all of the dressing rooms and storage  and the right is mostly empty on the ground.  The loft that appears to the couple's living space and the stairs going to it are over there.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (11:10:38/05-15-13)
So, let's run down on who's where:

Sam's currently exploring the dressing rooms & storage areas for a wardrobe upgrade.
Heron's gone astral, leaving a watcher spirit so Sammy can call him back.
Johnny's moping around, bored. ;)
Sammy's trying to strike up a conversation with Liam.
Icarus hasn't done anything since getting to the theater that I'm aware of.
Fionn just started trying to sniff out the cop's comms.
And Clem and O'Connor just had a date, complete with flowers.  ;D

As for the NPC's, Matt's made the call, there are a few hours before the meet. Apparently he and Rudy are now tinkering with sets. Not sure what his sister is up to. And Liam is (hopefully) going to get information from his fellow actor/cop on what the cops are up to.

And we still have basically no clue about what the frack we were trying to do when we got drugged, who dumped us in the back-end of nowhere, or why they chose to strip us down and leave us rather than just killing us outright. Sam tried to probe the sheriff for any odd stuff in the area and came up with nothing; the people who have reached out to contacts back in Seattle have similarly come up dry.

Have I missed anything?



Incidentally, Sam did try to give Fionn the option to rest up by trying to network through Liam. He's upset about the con (apparently) starting to fall apart, and still places some of the blame on the elf, of course, but he is trying to save the situation using whatever resources he can come up with. Since Fionn didn't say that he was going ahead with the sniffing, Sam will probably be surprised if/when the elf comes up with something. And, of course, it'll be good to have anything Fionn finds to cross-check whatever Liam comes up with.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (12:20:25/05-15-13)
Couple of points:

Icarus hasn't done anything since getting to the theater that I'm aware of.

He has taken a seat and is resting after wandering around the theater.

As for the NPC's, Matt's made the call, there are a few hours before the meet. Apparently he and Rudy are now tinkering with sets. Not sure what his sister is up to.
Actually Melissa is the one working on sets, Matt is resting, not far Icarus.
And we still have basically no clue about what the frack we were trying to do when we got drugged, who dumped us in the back-end of nowhere, or why they chose to strip us down and leave us rather than just killing us outright.
Only if you choose to believe that Jayson lied to you.  According to him you were apparently involved in some kind of infiltration of a backwoods facility in the Tir.   You have also found out that the laes, the dumping and the nudity are a not unheard of practice among Tir security.  Contrary to the old adage, dead men do tell tales in the Sixth World.
The people who have reached out to contacts back in Seattle have similarly come up dry.
Other than a potential source of funds.
Have I missed anything?
At least some of the mages' stuff is in a warehouse in Tacoma which VERY roughly corresponds to where Fionn was able to track some of you to around the time of the meet that apparently took place that none of you remember.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (12:31:28/05-15-13)
So basically, time to leave, yes?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (13:19:03/05-15-13)
Well, you COULD hang around and duke it out with a small town police force :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (13:26:04/05-15-13)
To quote a TV presenter: How hard can it be?  ;) ;D
We just let O'Connor raise hell on one end of the town and than sneak out at the other end.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (14:03:16/05-15-13)
By the way, a little background knowledge some of you might have to somewhat allay suspicions of Liam.  It is common for a star who leaves the limelight for any length of time to have rumors start up about them, that happens today.  Pregnancy, drugs, burnout, training to become MMA fighter, what have you.  In the Sixth World you can add to that list goblinized, awakened, eaten by a dragon and, especially for an action star like Sammy, running the shadows.  She is not even close to being the first one to do it, and if you consider music stars in the same vein (There is an inside joke coming) she isn't close to being the biggest, Jetblack has that title. (see what I did there?)

This is not to say you can't or shouldn't be suspicious, I am fine with that, just letting you into the world a little more.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (14:06:36/05-15-13)
That depends on what we need.  If we can get it done without more help from him, I'll leave the favour open for another time.  If we need him for something, of course I'll milk it out.

@Crossbow: Social networks in general are called MoSoSo's (Mobile Social Software), but the one you're looking for is probably Horizon's P2 (pito) network.  Sammy should have an account on there as well.

Pito is the one I am thinking of, what book is it outlined in?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (15:46:32/05-15-13)
That depends on what we need.  If we can get it done without more help from him, I'll leave the favour open for another time.  If we need him for something, of course I'll milk it out.

@Crossbow: Social networks in general are called MoSoSo's (Mobile Social Software), but the one you're looking for is probably Horizon's P2 (pito) network.  Sammy should have an account on there as well.

Pito is the one I am thinking of, what book is it outlined in?

Corporate Enclaves, but it's a rather limited explanation.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (16:00:31/05-15-13)
...  If the camera feeds were being altered at the source, how could the originals possibly get to the regional office?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (17:00:06/05-15-13)
...  If the camera feeds were being altered at the source, how could the originals possibly get to the regional office?

I just spent a while tracking down the description of the system that I gave to you, I must PM'd and not saved the sent file, but I do specifically remember telling you that the cameras send their feeds to an offsite location as well as the security node.  I would also point to the glitch that you chose not to negate.

Hope that eases your confusion.
 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (17:01:44/05-15-13)
Guess the glitch did it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:28:16/05-15-13)
Thvor:  Sam and Sammy are probably amongst the people Fionn took aside to deliver that last bit of information.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (21:13:32/05-15-13)
Which would mean Clem and O'Connor weren't there yet to hear that bit of info.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:19:34/05-15-13)
That depends on precisely when the sprite cam back with the info.  I wrote that post the way I did because I wasn't sure who would be around at the time.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:04:02/05-15-13)
If you want to wait to tell the whole group we can fudge timetables that you are getting them as they are coming back, the question I have is are you waving over Ikari.  I ask that because it would probably be seen as a slight to Matt, but that is your call.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:24:54/05-15-13)
That's actually the exact concern - who he can take aside without causing issues with the others.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:31:39/05-15-13)
pretty much everyone but Ikari and Heron
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:45:13/05-15-13)
M'kay.  Will have to let them know at the first opportunity.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (00:15:52/05-16-13)
Hydro: Of the options Corssbow offered  for weapons, which one did Clem grab?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (02:49:33/05-16-13)
Clem got a blade (box cutter).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (03:08:36/05-16-13)
So the boxcutter then? In that case O'Connor grabbed the screwdriver.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (13:21:40/05-16-13)
Quote
Sammy, I actually need a roll from you, memory or media knowledge, your call.  Johnny can also give me a roll on media knowledge but he will need a critical success to get the info that would be a lot easier for Sammy.

Sorry I missed this... both times :o but it seems like a moot point for me to roll on anyway. I'll just say Johnny wouldn't have kept up with bloggers, not his style.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (13:56:25/05-16-13)
Quote
Sammy, I actually need a roll from you, memory or media knowledge, your call.  Johnny can also give me a roll on media knowledge but he will need a critical success to get the info that would be a lot easier for Sammy.

Sorry I missed this... both times :o but it seems like a moot point for me to roll on anyway. I'll just say Johnny wouldn't have kept up with bloggers, not his style.

Yeah, like I said, you woulda had to really impress me with the roll, but I didn't want to leave you out either, it was something you could know.

Very good point Jonny made in the IC thread by the way, I was hoping someone would before that road got too long. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (01:47:14/05-17-13)
The spell I'm going to use on those four is Makeover (the same I used for the 'magical showers').  According to the book (Street Magic p173) it can do anything you can get done in a beauty salon.  So I assume, but want to make sure before I start rolling, that this includes changing hair colour, doing up nails so people look more like business people instead of street fighters and giving them a tan like a tanning bed or a chemical tan.  They will probably be recognised up close, but from a distance they can look different, especially if they change their clothes as well.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:11:08/05-17-13)
I will say it can do hair color but not tanning
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (20:46:09/05-18-13)
Clementine went for straight, dirty blonde hair which she will tie in a ponytail with a piece of cloth. She left it to Sammy for make-up.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (00:20:09/05-19-13)
Sammy's spell can not GROW hair, it can trim and style, and change the color.  But remember, these are permanent changes, and the level of skill is based on the successes she rolls.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (01:33:57/05-19-13)
Clem had wavy, shoulder-length brown hair, so it should fall inside what is permitted.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (04:05:52/05-19-13)
Sammy's spell can not GROW hair, it can trim and style, and change the color.  But remember, these are permanent changes, and the level of skill is based on the successes she rolls.

So bald is an option, but growing a beard isn't (removing one is, as you probably have a couple of days worth of stubble anyways  :) ).

Can't I do extensions, like they do so often at beauty salons.  That would be fun.
Like this. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_hair_integrations)

With Clem I have 5 hits, so I assume I can do quite a lot.  And making O'Connor bald with 4 hits should also be in the options.

It's permanent insofar as the changes done in a beauty salon are also permanent.  Hair will grow back of course, in it's natural colour.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (10:37:30/05-21-13)
Several clarifying points for my IC post:

Also, I believe the jeep has been seen as the team's vehicle; it may be better for the people going into hiding to take the other car, leaving the jeep with those of us who have strong alibis. Thoughts?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (13:59:46/05-21-13)
If the police were looking for the Jeep, then the "fugitives" should take it with them is what I thought. The point of separating the groups is that Sam & co. can go meet the smugglers without being bothered by the police. If they see the Jeep without the people they want, the police would at least bring you in for questioning. At least that's my reasoning. Then again, if that's not the case, Clementine would know since she has some law enforcement procedures knowledge.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (15:14:41/05-21-13)
As associates of the people wanted for questioning, they could be delayed to a point where they could miss their meeting.  The vehicle could also be examined.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (18:40:42/05-21-13)
This just dawned on me. How did the Yakima sheriff's office get a hold of O'Connor's record so fast, or at all even? U.C.A.S. and Salish Sidhe aren't on the friendliest of terms, and aren't really liable to share information, if only to piss one another off.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:05:46/05-21-13)
AresMart people got ahold of it and forwarded it to them?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (13:24:51/05-22-13)
Johnny is being quite serious with Fionn, wearing his worry on his sleeve if you will and Sammy can tell Johnny is trying to be mildly flirtatious.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (08:55:34/05-24-13)
Okay, unless someone has something critical and time sensitive, I am going to advance the clock, expect a post later tonight and wish me luck on my Maymester final exam.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (09:04:53/05-24-13)
I got nothing. Though on a personal note, I'll be even less active this weekend than normal; the wife and I are going to Balticon. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (10:40:40/05-24-13)
Good luck Crossbow and enjoy your trip, Thvor.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (17:27:06/05-24-13)
Good luck.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (22:21:34/05-28-13)
Alright, so just to recap, Clem and O'Connor are waiting in the Jeep, Fionn and Ikari are in the theatre finishing up their makeovers while Sammy, Torley and Johnny are preparing for the meeting with the smugglers. Have I got this right?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (01:27:24/05-29-13)
Yep, except that Sammy and Heron will probably go to the meeting too, just to avoid that they have to come back to pick them up should they have to go to the smugglers immediately (and also to avoid having to go through the police blockades three times).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (10:59:08/05-30-13)
Sorry the update is taking longer than it should.  Real life kicking in again.  Family is leaving on vacation and I am starting a new summer semester.  Hope the post will go up today.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (11:09:01/05-30-13)
No worries, life comes first :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (11:54:49/05-30-13)
Okay, a little timeline clarification and positioning.  The group that hit the Aresmart are currently heading west back into the mountains by way of the backroads they came in on, and have encountered no issues to speak of.  You were given some foodstuffs and blankets before you left the theater and anyone who wanted one could get a change of clothes.  (Ikari took advantage of this and has completely changed his look again)

The rest of the team is in the Comet, and have made their way north to the meet, at the truckstop on the intersection of 'Old 82' and TN 90.  Matt's knowledge of the area getting you out of town without incident.  Any preparations that need to be made can be assumed to have taken place in the car on the way, and anyone taking advantage of it can assume to have gotten in two hours of rest for Stun healing purposes.

Please make any appropriate rolls.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (05:42:53/06-01-13)
Need a data search roll from Fionn, plus any healing rolls he is taking.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (09:07:17/06-01-13)
Fun little question, what's the hardest part about playing your character?

As for me, it's O'Connor's limited vocabulary. I've spent a great deal of time typing up things how'd I'd say it, and then debasing it into how O'Connor would actually say it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (10:28:31/06-01-13)
For me, it's not saying much. Sometimes I want to reference something to her past or ask someone something not directly affecting the mission, but Clem doesn't like talking about herself and doesn't really care about other people's past histories. She's strictly business and doesn't care much for idle chit-chat. Which makes it that much harder when the team is trying to decide on something :S
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (12:57:37/06-01-13)
Fun little question, what's the hardest part about playing your character?

As for me, it's O'Connor's limited vocabulary. I've spent a great deal of time typing up things how'd I'd say it, and then debasing it into how O'Connor would actually say it.

I seem to have the opposite problem--Sam is supposed to be a fast talker, able to shoehorn himself into pretty much any social situation and get what he wants. I'm an introvert. So a lot of the time, I'm having to spend a fair bit of time thinking "ok, this is what Sam wants from this encounter; how in the world is he going to lead the conversation around to that??"

It would be so much easier if I could just announce a goal and roll for success, rather than trying to RP it out. :)

Incidentally, does anyone on the diner crew want to do any prep work before we start the actual meeting?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (13:36:18/06-01-13)
Fun little question, what's the hardest part about playing your character?

As for me, it's O'Connor's limited vocabulary. I've spent a great deal of time typing up things how'd I'd say it, and then debasing it into how O'Connor would actually say it.

I seem to have the opposite problem--Sam is supposed to be a fast talker, able to shoehorn himself into pretty much any social situation and get what he wants. I'm an introvert. So a lot of the time, I'm having to spend a fair bit of time thinking "ok, this is what Sam wants from this encounter; how in the world is he going to lead the conversation around to that??"

It would be so much easier if I could just announce a goal and roll for success, rather than trying to RP it out. :)

Incidentally, does anyone on the diner crew want to do any prep work before we start the actual meeting?

Interesting. With the only face character I've played, I've circumvented the dichotomy of a face's intrinsic extrovert nature and my own introvert nature by making the face a cool and removed business-only type. I still have to figure how he's going to manipulate a social interaction, but I don't have to jump into the deep end and be a full on gregarious extrovert.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:06:00/06-01-13)
First Aid back at the theater (5d6.hits(5)=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4072501/)
Just remembered that the medkit can be controlloed via the Matrix, and thus through VR - meaning a +2 hot sim bonus. (2d6.hits(5)=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4072514/)

Fails to make the threshold to heal any damage... 

Body+Willpower to heal Stun damage. (6d6.hits(5)=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4072509/)

So, if only one hour passes and if they didn't insist Fionn take the medkit with him (as he would otherwise leave it there) I only manage to heal 1 box.

Compile Sleuth Sprite (from VR); Compiling resistance, Fading Resistance (13d6.hits(5)=4, 5d6.hits(5)=0, 12d6.hits(5)=6) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4072520/)

Fortunately, I don't actually take any Fading this time.

Data Search (10d6.hits(5)=4, 10d6.hits(5)=5, 10d6.hits(5)=3, 10d6.hits(5)=7, 10d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4072521/)
Data Search (10d6.hits(5)=5, 10d6.hits(5)=1, 10d6.hits(5)=4, 10d6.hits(5)=5, 10d6.hits(5)=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4072523/)

And I imagine that's enough hits to find a pretty seriously detailed map? 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (02:57:32/06-02-13)
Yep, you got a compiled hi-res, not quite realtime, satellite overlay. that shows a lot of unpaved roads in the area. With no consideration for time restraints you feel like you could easily circumvent Yakima going in any direction.  Given a crunch, you can still avoid the city, but with questionable 'roads' (game trails, dry river beds) and/or possible property infringement.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (03:00:04/06-02-13)
Couple other questions:  How much time has passed?  Just one hour, or longer?  Did they send the medkit with us, or did we leave it at the theatre?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (09:20:11/06-02-13)
no medkit, and it has been several hours, the meet was scheduled for 830.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:19:48/06-02-13)
Healing Tests (6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4073740/)

Then it looks like Fionn's stun damage is fully healed.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (02:05:47/06-03-13)
As for what's most difficult...  I think it's getting Fionn's attitude across.  For example, Clem and O'Connor seem to think Fionn's scared of O'Connor - this isn't the case.  He considers himself to be fairly powerful, not unlike a mage who is confident in their abilities.  He's just smart enough to be careful with his timing, and knows that this isn't a good time to push things.

It does get annoying when I forget to try and rethink things into how Fionn would say them, though.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:59:05/06-03-13)
I am pretty sure that O'Connor thinks EVERYONE is scared of him.   :)    Gonna be a shock to him the first time he meets a dragon :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:59:37/06-03-13)
It's also going to be fun when Fionn decides it's time to make his point.  He's clever enough to choose his moment, but that means that at some point, the moment's gonna come.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (00:29:16/06-04-13)
In his part of the Barrens, O'Connor's got a bit of a reputation for being a barely contained omnicidal maniac. It affords him a wide berth from many, and a fight from others. O'Connor's used to being feared, but he doesn't really give a shit about instilling that fear. Threatening Red wasn't about intimidating him, O'Connor was just being straight up with him about killing him if he kept spying.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:34:40/06-04-13)
It's going to be fun writing Fionn's reaction to a more extended conversation about the whole "spying" thing - largely because he's just going to be insulted.  Previously, his reaction was more of a simple "what the hell is he on about".
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (00:50:30/06-04-13)
Yeah, I can definitely see the proverbial shit hitting the fan on that one.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (11:21:09/06-05-13)
Johnny will have changed clothes if Sam suggested it otherwise he will have stuck with the Walker Texas Ranger outfit. He will have grabbed some sunglasses though (mirrored if they are available) . He will try to stay close enough to Matty and the contact so if anybody draws guns he will be close enough to try to disarm them (he told the team this in the car). Otherwise he's gonna be the strong silent type, taking his cues from Sam and Sammy.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (09:56:50/06-09-13)
Alright Thvor, I have given you a full day to unpack and settle in, now get to it!! :):)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (11:23:26/06-09-13)
Hopefully we can resume this soon :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Mirikon on (10:39:08/06-11-13)
Back from my latest site ban. Catching up now.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (10:15:06/06-12-13)
My apologies for the delay; I've been fighting a cold since we got back (I blame the sub-par hotel we stayed at on the final night). Will have an IC post up shortly.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (11:46:00/06-12-13)
Hope you are feeling better dude, here are the results for Sam's rolls.

Diner- Eight people in the diner, including staff (1 cook, 1 waitress).  Everyone who is a customer looks road weary and minding their own business, two are armed, a trucker at the counter has a pistol on his hip, oblivious to the world beyond the disgusting mess on his plate, and the back-up for your contact, who really sucks at being inconspicuous with a mystery bulge under a coat (upwards of an SMG, maybe), in the corner of the diner behind Greasy.

Greasy- Medium fish in a small pond with delusions of grandeur, he is a local fixer that is taking the wrong cues to how the game is played. Probably self-taught, or he did a short stint with some real criminals and learned a few things.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:27:06/06-12-13)
Jonny- No threat, and you basically got the same description.

Sammy- 'fixer' is eager and happy, with some headware.  The backup is on guard, with some bodyware mods, but nothing major.

No active magic in the diner.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (13:11:10/06-14-13)
Sorry folks, I missed the post last night
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (19:20:57/06-14-13)
Bold plan, Thvor: I like it!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (23:31:50/06-14-13)
Bold plan, Thvor: I like it!

Too bad Clem's not around to see it? ;D

Sam doesn't go for small. He's willing to swap personas frequently in order to get what he wants, and he felt the best way to deal with Greasy was to appear as a powerful Johnson who has had a temporary setback, but who would recover soon--and remember those who'd helped (or not) in the process. So he was willing to go to the diner because he needed to, but he's not about to let Greasy set the scene for their negotiation. Pity about Matty getting a bit thrown under the bus, but Sam isn't about to let him know that this isn't his real persona, and anyways, I expect he'll recover. Heck, if we're lucky, this'll just lead to some hero worship. ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (00:25:32/06-15-13)
Hopefully your con roll is strong enough to pull it off, but even if it isn't, kudos for the originality.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:46:26/06-15-13)
It's a pretty good tactic, really - it should throw the guy off balance and give Sam the advantage.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (13:19:45/06-16-13)
Johnny will attempt to politely play bouncer letting only the "fixer" by. He will let the muscle keep a visual on everything but out of earshot. Also he wont take his eyes off the muscle.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (00:00:59/06-17-13)
Random thought, which might be stupid, brilliant, or the product of too much cold medicine:

Should Sam ask for a demonstration of the fixer's ability to get a job done well--say, an infiltration and weapons acquisition from Mr. Martell? ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:06:40/06-17-13)
Risky, but if it pays off it pays off big, and potentially helps pull some heat off of us.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (01:53:24/06-17-13)
I wouldn't make it too complicated for now.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (12:59:47/06-18-13)
How far off did the muscle move? Also any cover between him and Johnny? Finally Johnny is keeping his voice down as well.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (14:28:21/06-18-13)
The Muscle has positioned himself so that he has a clear sightline on Sammy, Torley and Johnny, because Mtty came later, he has cover from him.  The positioning of Johnny and him is essentially two ends of someone's car.

(Would make you a map, but I don't know how to post it)

Thvor, when you spend edge after the fact you can reroll failures, probably a better idea in this case.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (14:49:59/06-18-13)
Thvor, when you spend edge after the fact you can reroll failures, probably a better idea in this case.

Hrm. I've never been fully able to parse the edge rules--they're not written very clearly in the manual. I always interpreted the third option ("You may re-roll all of the dice on a single test that did not score a hit.") as saying that if the entire test failed--no hits at all--you could use edge to re-roll, but without the rule of 6 applying, and without any extra edge dice. But I can also read it as saying that you can take all of the dice which weren't hits (10, in this case) and re-roll those, adding any new hits to the ones initially rolled. Which would probably be better than rolling Sam's four edge dice, even without the rule of 6--which may or may not apply, as it's not spelled out.

So, anyhow...you're the GM; it's your call. Given the importance of this con, I want to use edge to improve Sam's miserable first roll. I can:

Let me know what your preference is.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (15:02:08/06-18-13)
second option
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (15:26:25/06-18-13)
Without the rule of 6:
10d6.hits(5)=2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4094016/); total of 5 (same as already rolled).

With rule of 6:
10d6.hitsopen(5,6)=1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4094019/); total of 4...um, let's pretend this never happened. :D

Like I said, the Castle doesn't seem to like Sam today.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (15:14:08/06-19-13)
Not that I think O'Conner would know, but I don't think Clem has spent all the cash she had, there should still be enough for a half tank of gas, but going into a station might be a problem for you.

Moneywise you also have Clem's contact and possibly whatever cred Fionn had but wasn't carrying on him since he has net access now.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:37:15/06-19-13)
Should I roll anything for Fionn to find a good place for them to hole up until it's time to go?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (10:08:25/06-20-13)
Unless you plan to do some concealment no roll will be needed.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Mirikon on (10:20:50/06-20-13)
Sorry for lack of activity. Grandparents coming to visit, so if house doesn't look good, Bad Things happen.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (15:59:07/06-24-13)
"Just a second," Kitten said in the comm, before turning to Sam, "Excuse me, Mr. J.  I have to make a call.  If you could excuse me for a second."

Did Sammy pick up a new nickname? :D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (16:08:52/06-24-13)
"Just a second," Kitten said in the comm, before turning to Sam, "Excuse me, Mr. J.  I have to make a call.  If you could excuse me for a second."

Did Sammy pick up a new nickname? :D

No, I start to confuse my mages.  :-[
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (02:54:21/06-25-13)
That didn't go as we had hoped... :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (02:57:27/06-25-13)
So it seems.  May need to arrange money through Clem's contact...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (05:00:52/06-25-13)
I highly doubt the job is paying enough to cover a 100,000 trip to Seattle, let alone have something left for us to pay rent with. This guy might need some physical persuasion, or we try our luck ourselves.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (05:07:33/06-25-13)
We'd need 25k to pay the fixer - or some kind of leverage, though I doubt we want to take the time to arrange that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (11:15:44/06-25-13)
If Clem and O'Connor were there we could squeeze him for a better deal and probably get an SMG in the process ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (12:10:16/06-25-13)
Well, I got a PM from the GM last night, saying:
Quote
You did an excellent job talking down the price.  50 grand was as low as you could have gotten it considering all the factors involved.  Might be a little more than you would want to pay, but that is the price for working through unknown contacts.

(And considering 11 hits versus 1, one would expect that Sam would have gotten the best deal possible.) So I don't think having the muscle "lean" on Greasy is going to get us any further.

That said, it's looking like we've got a decision to make: Do we try to come up with the 50K, try to find a different way to Tacoma, or write our previous lives off as a loss and set up shop out here in hicksville?  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (13:03:12/06-25-13)
Or do we use the money that Clem (it was Clem, right?  :) ) managed to get as a loan to buy fuel and drive to Seattle ourselves instead of using other people.  As soon as we get a bit away from this village, the police stuff should lessen as well.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (14:59:12/06-25-13)
Problem with that is getting over the border - the smuggler option doesn't have that problem.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (19:34:19/06-25-13)
It is half of what greasy first said, but it's still 50,000 which comes down to just under 10 large per head. Clem doesn't have that kind of money and she'd rather take her chances with border patrol than give in to Greasy and possibly lose all profits to the job.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (20:17:39/06-25-13)
$50K for a short smuggler run seems steep. It'd probably be more cost effective for us to use not even half of that to fuel the vehicle and bribe border security to get back into town.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:36:52/06-25-13)
Actually running the boder would mean getting ahold of at least one vehicle more capable than the beater, and we'd probably want to get some modifications done for it - would end up pretty pricey, I think.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (22:39:44/06-25-13)
OR, for the money, we could all get some well made fake IDs and just go through. Not necessarily at the same time.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (22:46:43/06-25-13)
Which would also mean vehicles, and I'm less than confident about getting Sammy through on a fake ID.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (23:06:51/06-25-13)
As you guys are coming to realize 50 G is not as steep as you think, considering your situation.  Vehicles, IDs, bribes, weapons, secrecy, all that could easily add up to more than that, IF you are successful AND can get your contacts to play ball. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (23:29:05/06-25-13)
We could also sneak into the trailer of a big rig headed into Seattle. Fionn finds the truck, Icarus gets everyone on board, Heron and Sammy keep the team concealed, and O'Connor and Clem handle any problems that come up.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:37:34/06-25-13)
Might also need to hack scanners at the border, and any astral security could pick up the conealment.

Sneaking across the border would be theoretically possible, but quite difficult, and quite risky.  The pseudo-legit route and the smuggler route are safer, but more expensive by far - the smuggler route is probably the safest.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (23:50:59/06-25-13)
There's no argument that the smuggler route is definitely faster, easier and probably safer. It's just that the characters don't know how much they're making out of a job they don't yet know, so ¥8,000+ a head for getting back to Seattle is not something I can see Clem agreeing to. She'll go with the group should they decide to go through with that option, but she will strongly voice her disapproval.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:00:20/06-26-13)
Which is fair - I also know which direction Fionn's gonna be arguing for, and he's got a number of reasons for that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (01:49:32/06-26-13)
Regardless of alternatives, we really shouldn't do biz with this fixer. Someone that gets pissy and indignant that easily isn't someone that we should be trusting. He'll probably have the pilot dump us out the back halfway there.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:50:43/06-26-13)
Some kind of insurance would certainly be in order - like blackmail material on a deadman switch.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (14:47:00/06-26-13)
So yeah Sam just pissed Johnny off but luckily Johnny is philosophical and didn't just punch Sam.  ;D
As for the ride we could (and pardon me for saying something that should be coming from O'Conner  ::) ) kill the fixer and stash the body and head to the pilot ourselves, cutting out the middle man. We could even go one step further and attempt to set up Matty as the new fixer in town. That would be a real thank you and a nice contact after this is over. There is also the idea of stealing a cop vehicle and use it to "extradite some prisoners across the border" (taking the kidnapped officers and framing the fixer). We could even modify that plan as well by using a medical vehicle instead and having a lot of us working for one very rich patient with a famous girlfriend (some could be bodyguards too). And finally classic misdirection is a choice as well. We could make someone else more important to security forces at the border check (IE planting a fake bomb, lots of drugs, or a kidnap victim in the car in front of us) so we could walk threw without hassle. Or a combination of any of these.
 ;D
Sorry I've been watching a lot of burn notice.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (15:25:56/06-26-13)
One should never have to apologize for watching a lot of Burn Notice.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (19:39:31/06-26-13)
I like the idea of killing him and letting someone else take over :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (19:43:12/06-26-13)
It DOES sound like he knows at least some of the people worth knowing in the area - such as the pilot. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (20:49:53/06-26-13)
Out of curiosity, is someone from the diner group going to comm the others to let them know what's up? Sam doesn't have a comm, so he can't...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (03:02:33/06-28-13)
If anybody from the other group wants to continue, please do. I have a feeling the Jeep crew will continue this game indefinitely while waiting for instructions from the rest.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:20:04/06-28-13)
Thinking about the numbers...  Rating 6 ID's for everyone would be 48 000 nuyen, and at least 2 days to get.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (22:56:59/06-28-13)
But the characters do get to keep the IDs after.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (00:42:20/06-29-13)
That is book cost, now talk about street markup and delivery, in hostile territory, and that also means cutting Matty loose, not that that is really a major consideration :)

Also, just want to make sure, did Sammy just intentionally mislead the other group?  The fifty grand was not refused, just never responded to, not that you were given a chance.  You can safely assume that if you tell the muscle you are taking the final offer, you will have the ride.

By the by I am monitoring, though I did spend the day celebrating wifey's b-day, thus the late check in.  On that note, can anyone stateside let me know if you will be out for the upcoming holiday?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:02:10/06-29-13)
Little bit north of stateside, but we do have Canada Day coming up on the first here, not sure if I'll be around for that evening or not.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (01:11:33/06-29-13)
I should be around, but I'm not 100% sure though.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (03:36:46/06-29-13)
Also, just want to make sure, did Sammy just intentionally mislead the other group?  The fifty grand was not refused, just never responded to, not that you were given a chance.  You can safely assume that if you tell the muscle you are taking the final offer, you will have the ride.


Not really.  It was just me typing at times when I shouldn't, and not being fully awake.  But let's move on with it, as Sammy is only going to pay that much if it's a private jet that lands on Seattle's main airport (VIP portion of course).

The main problem I see at the moment is that the street sammies don't have any equipment.  Mages and technomancers can do most of their things without, so we could move on, but for Clem and O'Conner it's a bit difficult.

So our best option I think would be to go talk to the pilot directly and see if we can do something there.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (07:46:11/06-29-13)
If it's just the fixer and one guard, I'm sure Clem, O'Connor and Johnny can take care if them with some magical support.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (08:59:22/06-29-13)
If it's just the fixer and one guard, I'm sure Clem, O'Connor and Johnny can take care if them with some magical support.

and everybody else in the bar who might join in.  I'd rather not if it's not really necessary.  It might slow us sufficiently long for the police to play catch-up.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (09:47:06/06-29-13)
I'm quite sure they'd agree to somewhere more private for handling money matters.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (09:48:14/06-29-13)
Well O'Connor's got the hunting rifle, the local guy just gave the group his revolver, it can go to Clem, and Johnny's extremely deadly with his fists alone. I think the muscle is doing okayish offensively.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (11:36:35/06-29-13)
Before this line of speculation get too much momentum, Matty never said he knew the pilot personally to the point of having direct contact, just that he trusts him and knows of his work, this is the line of contact that he has with said pilot.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (00:08:49/07-01-13)
I need a bit of clarification. Are we on speaker phone or is everything being relayed via Sammy and Fionn?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:13:26/07-01-13)
Speaker, or text to speech, should be on.  Fionn's just sending his commentary mentally, though, because that's just more natural to him.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (01:20:26/07-01-13)
I assume that on my end we are on speaker, either sitting in the car or standing a bit to the side (so nobody can overhear).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:27:26/07-01-13)
You guys probably have 2 of the 3 links anyways, since counting Fionn there's 4 in total - so that way it's an even split, in case the existing groups need to split up.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (02:52:57/07-01-13)
Alright guys, I don't think the GM could make it any clearer he wants us to go with the fixer, so I think we need to talk to just pay the dude and get on with the job. We still need to find what it was we were contracted to do.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (05:19:55/07-01-13)
Sorry, I'm the kind of player that if the GM tries to railroad me, I try to find another way, damn the consequences.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (05:25:27/07-01-13)
I'm not so sure there aren't options - it's just that we haven't figured out a BETTER option yet.

But whatever we do, we have to acknowledge that it's either going to be expensive or risky as all hell - that's just the situation we're in.  Coyote's probably cheaper if we can find one, but then the risk is probably higher.  It's just a question of how much we're willing to risk versus how much we're willing to spend.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (06:21:09/07-01-13)
We've on a job, with no clue as to the objective or the payout. For all we know the Johnson have already gone into clean up mode. I highly believe we're in "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" mode.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (06:49:41/07-01-13)
Clementine thinks like that, but I don't think that's what the GM has in mind for us. If it was, it would make for a very short and unpleasant run for the characters involved. Just think about it: why would the GM push us to spend ¥50,000 on a smuggling run just to get back to Seattle and be strapped with the debt with no way to repay it?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (06:59:50/07-01-13)
Because, no offense Crossbow, but the GM is kind of a dick and wants to put our backs to the wall. That's why I think we should push through our own, cheaper, plans. That means either the GM has to accommodate us, or go for a full party wipe. Given those two outcomes, I think we win. Granted I don't know the depths of Crossbow's depravity and he might choose the mutually assured destruction option.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (07:19:52/07-01-13)
It doesn't have to be a FULL party wipe ;)

But I wouldn't mind a fight with that fixer though.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (08:13:49/07-01-13)
Seriously, fuck this fixer. If O'Connor knew exactly how that meet went down, he'd head up there and take that asshole out, just because he had it coming.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (11:56:53/07-01-13)
ROTFLMAO, okay there a few things in this I need to unpack.

Because, no offense Crossbow, but the GM is kind of a dick and wants to put our backs to the wall.

None taken, I am a gigantic dick when I want to be  ;)  That said, your accusation that I am putting your backs against the wall?  Couldn’t be further from the truth.   We have been off script from the moment you guys reached the outskirts of Yakima and got a wireless signal, EVERYTHING after that has been character driven, I am just trying to keep up and fill in the blanks.

Quote
That's why I think we should push through our own, cheaper, plans.

This is the point where YOU GUYS go off the rails, I don’t think that realistically that there is a cheaper option for you at this point.  Step outside yourselves for a second and look at your situation.  I can go into detail on this if you want me to, but I am trying NOT to railroad you 

Quote
That means either the GM has to accommodate us, or go for a full party wipe. Given those two outcomes, I think we win.

If that is what you are going for, then no one wins, I don’t believe in TPW, and I won’t play one out just because someone is getting kicks from it or is expecting a golden parachute, best you can expect from that route is a post saying TPW and call it a day.   That wouldn’t be fun for me or anyone else that I would enjoy playing with, and enjoying the game is my only goal.  That is why I gave everyone a hard time about writing real characters, because I wanted a deep game that someone invests in, that is fun for me.

Quote
Granted I don't know the depths of Crossbow's depravity and he might choose the mutually assured destruction option.

Think Mariana Trench...but in a nice way.   8)

Just so it is said, I am still having a great time, because I know I stuck you in an impossible situation and said “Go!”   I honestly think at this point I could stick several of you in a round room with a note to go sit in a corner and you guys would turn it into a Clancy novel.  ::)

Right now you guys are trying to game the game, which I am fine with as long as it stays OOC, that is why I am speaking plainly right now.  If your goal is to break the script that is long since done as I said before, but I am still playing for the long term, that is one of the reasons I don’t write a detailed script in the first place.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (12:50:23/07-01-13)
For me I think it's just a question of knowing if 50K is a fair price.  If it is, I would say go for it, but I'm not sure (and I assume this is also IC, as my character would probably have more experience with the VIP treatment).  Also, can we go back to that guy, or have we burned our bridges?

50K means about 6K and something per person.

Just hold on, I've just reread my character sheet and I think I might be able to do something to get some money.  IC post coming up.

EDIT: forgot about a loyalty 4 contact I have up there.  :-[
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (13:12:56/07-01-13)
Just adding my two cents, take it for what you will: Sam's not pleased that he couldn't talk the guy down further--he's used to getting his way, and he didn't like Greasy from the get-go. But with Matty joining in, that's just over 5,500 each; Sam can easily afford to pay his portion out of cash on hand.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (16:29:53/07-01-13)
Yeah, on a per head front, it's not all that expensive.  Plus, I'd figure that maybe we want to get our gear back before the Johnson finds out we're back in town - just in case.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (16:43:21/07-01-13)
So, perhaps we ought to figure out (IC or OOC) how many of us could actually pay our portion; that'll tell us how much we actually need to borrow. Matty said that he can pay his way, as can Sam; that already gets us down to only needing 39,000. Anyone else?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (16:47:03/07-01-13)
Well, unless you can access that money immediately, some amount of interest should be assumed.  Just a note.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (16:56:00/07-01-13)
Guess I was assuming that since we've managed to connect to the matrix, we've got access to our funds, assuming we're not the paranoid type who insist on keeping them in credsticks. (SR4A, page 41: "Nowadays more than ever it’s almost quaint to see someone carrying actual money, including credsticks—so last decade. Almost everybody simply beams funds back and forth using their commlinks and online accounts...") Don't see any reason why the GM wouldn't allow that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (16:57:12/07-01-13)
You don't have access to the stuff that proves it's you, perhaps?  Your SIN, and so on?

Also, accessing your main identity's accounts from out here without record of ever leaving Seattle could have issues.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (19:15:20/07-01-13)
I'm assuming from the quotation marks that Clem's actually speaking, and not texting. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:30:57/07-01-13)
To clarify what Clementine knows, "small fee" could mean anything from one to ten percent, "normal rates" probably means the usury typically reserved for gamblers and small business men that generally ends up involving organleggers or fleshpeddlers.

Rhat's assessment of financial access is correct.  Fionne can probably access his personal funds, at least the nuyen he wasn't carrying, but the rest of you need SINs.

Just adding my two cents, take it for what you will: Sam's not pleased that he couldn't talk the guy down further--he's used to getting his way, and he didn't like Greasy from the get-go. But with Matty joining in, that's just over 5,500 each; Sam can easily afford to pay his portion out of cash on hand.

Like I told you, you got the best deal you could and that was because of the overwhelming roll.  That is the minimum price anyone could reasonably expect given the conditions of the trip.  (Unknown persons of questionable origin, no notice, no knowledge of cargo, command performance, running a border that is VERY rough airspace for smugglers, and forgetting your existence after the job and all that was before you started treating him like shit ;)  )
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:34:24/07-02-13)
Rhat's assessment of financial access is correct.  Fionne can probably access his personal funds, at least the nuyen he wasn't carrying, but the rest of you need SINs.

Of course, his personal funds are...  Very small.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (01:45:13/07-02-13)
Even if we can't access our funds, we can still use them to pay off the borrowed money as soon as we have access again.

I actually don't know how much Sammy has.  I'm even not sure I ever rolled starting funds  :-[  I'll have to look it up again somewhere in all the replies.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (02:57:04/07-02-13)
To be honest, I don't think I rolled either. Will have to get on that.

Starting money (3d6+5=13) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4113467/) so that's ¥650 to her name :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (12:56:40/07-02-13)
4d6+7=15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4113849/)

So I have 1500 nuyen somewhere.  Not so good a roll actually.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (01:37:27/07-03-13)
Johnny is pretty damn broke, 400 is all he's got in his account.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:44:08/07-03-13)
Clearly, we'd have to come up with a way to make some cash.  Of course, I'm also just realizing Fionn hasn't checked his accounts out to see if perhaps there was an advance that might help us out with that one.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (14:03:44/07-04-13)
If you were trying to keep her from asking too many questions and diverting her, then yes that would be the width and the breadth of your talk.  You figure she can get that kind of money from her family, which is why it would take a day or two.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (15:03:04/07-04-13)
It's not as if I can give many answers to start with, as I don't exactly remember.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (19:16:08/07-05-13)
Okay time for a post holiday recap, everyone except Jonny has been on today but I got no one piping up, so consider this a GM poke.

O'Connor, Fionn, Clementine and Icarus are laying low in the Jeep on the western end of Yakima, concealed in an alley by a spirit, playing some unique version of 20 Questions that sounds more like truth or dare when they aren't trying to check their bank balances. Jonny, Sam, Sammy, Heron and Matty are gathered near the Comet speaking to the other team by commspeaker.  The muscle Is still glowering in their direction from the door of the diner.  The fixer is back in his booth, eating dinner.  Otherwise the area of the truckstop is unremarkable.

You have access to a reasonable amount of funds, a place to go (Tacoma waterfront), a source for hardware in town (O'Connor's contact), you just need for someone to make nice with the muscle, and be able to get out of the Puyallup Barrens without ending up a devil rat's dinner, or figure out another way into town.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (19:18:16/07-05-13)
Sounds about right.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (19:18:39/07-05-13)
O'Connor, Fionn, Clementine and Icarus are laying low in the Jeep on the western end of Yakima, concealed in an alley by a spirit, playing some unique version of 20 Questions that sounds more like truth or dare when they aren't trying to check their bank balances.

...  I have a feeling this sentence would be hilarious if it was written using aliases instead.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:20:14/07-05-13)
O'Connor, Fionn, Clementine and Icarus are laying low in the Jeep on the western end of Yakima, concealed in an alley by a spirit, playing some unique version of 20 Questions that sounds more like truth or dare when they aren't trying to check their bank balances.

...  I have a feeling this sentence would be hilarious if it was written using aliases instead.

I thought it was pretty funny as is. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:54:18/07-05-13)
It was.  Sort of a great to awesome transition, really.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (00:30:40/07-07-13)
So I don't care what we do. Johny thinks the fixer is a scumbag but will go with the groups decision. Lets get this ball rolling. If Sammy or Clem set up the money this sounds like the best idea. I just don't want this to get stagnant.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (04:23:36/07-07-13)
I'm with you Irish, let's just get this over with and move on.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (01:12:52/07-08-13)
Just and advance warning: from 21 until 26 of July I will be on holiday with limited internet access (if at all).  I will try to post during that time, but I'm not sure if I will be able to.  So not to worry if you don't hear from me during that week.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (02:05:00/07-08-13)
I want out of this podunk, I don't care how anymore.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (02:07:37/07-08-13)
I'm pretty sure everyone's on the "get back to Seattle by any means" plan at this point.  Having so little to work with presents an interesting challenge, but since getting back to Seattle's a chokepoint between us and every single other thing we want to do...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (03:09:24/07-08-13)
Why is everyone so eager to kill my fixer?  You guys got a problem with Italians? :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (03:17:15/07-08-13)
I think we're just itching for some action. But yeah, I think paying him but making sure we're not dumped in the Barrens is probably the lowest risk for the biggest reward.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (03:23:13/07-08-13)
Get through this meet and I will try and give you some  ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (12:16:04/07-08-13)
I just wait for one reply and then I'll go inside to talk to the guy.  Should be fairly quickly.  But I need to know when we can have the money as that fixer will be giving us timelines, and I'd rather not agree to things we can't keep.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (23:42:01/07-09-13)
Once the asshole fixer has his money, how much fast forwarding can we do? I think all of us just want to move on at this point.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (00:13:15/07-10-13)
I'm OK with moving forward to Seattle after payment, unless something happens on the way there of course.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (15:02:24/07-10-13)
@crossbow
So if we cross through the woods across Martells property are there roads that he's got cameras on? or do we need to worry about guns with cameras on them?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (20:22:35/07-10-13)
Do both groups need to go past Martell's land, or just the diner's?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:03:56/07-10-13)
Actually, it is Fionn, Clem, O'Connor and Icarus that have to travel near there.  The diner group can travel straight with no problem  I will see if I can put a map together if it is really confusing
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:17:32/07-10-13)
I am in the process of trying to figure this out, but I don't think a spirit can conceal anything from mechanical surveillance.

The timeframe is such that, and yes this is the GM attempting to create a sense of tension/drama/urgency, the team that has to worry about being spotted will just make it, IF  they travel by the fastest route at the least conspicuous speed, AND their fuel might not hold out.  Cutting across Martell's land will both guarantee the fuel and time will get them there, but also practically guarantee them getting spotted by an extremely well armed person.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:20:35/07-10-13)
It also makes trying to hack in a lot more dangerous...  Hm...  Gotta figure out the best way to do this.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (21:28:48/07-10-13)
I say we cut through.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:34:38/07-10-13)
If there's no way to play for time, I'm not sure we have another way.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:45:18/07-10-13)
If this works I will be amazed.

Okay it worked, just really small, I can handle that, any questions?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:01:55/07-10-13)
Okay, an update, it looks like spirit concealment CAN POTENTIALLY conceal from cameras, based on the complexity of the systems and force of the spirit. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (22:11:54/07-10-13)
Cutting through the Martell Property is a straight shot, but is off roading it really going to save us that much time? Also, do Johnny or Torley remember where the Martell compound(s) are located? If our movements make it obvious that we're just passing through it might, but probably not, lessen the chance we get shot at.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:54:15/07-10-13)
The Compound was roughly 5km from Old 82, halfway between the northern and southern limits of the property.  For scaling remember the Diner is 20km to the meet. which puts the Compound quite close to any straight line path for the Jeep through the property.

Also, keep in mind the map is from 2013,  Yakima is MUCH smaller, and is the ONLY settlement of any size in the area (ie there is no town at the place where 82 meets 90 anymore)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (07:15:46/07-11-13)
I'd just like to note:  Clem's response?  Exactly what I was hoping for.  :P

I had several much clearer versions of Fionn's responses that I had to scrap due to being out of character - this isn't a subject where he considers any technical terms to be applicable.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (07:18:47/07-11-13)
Well, I had to make her seem disenchanted by it all since she doesn't place much faith in the Matrix.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (07:23:01/07-11-13)
Which is part of why the dynamic is fun for me.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (23:24:40/07-11-13)
Hope everyone makes the switch over okay.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (00:32:48/07-12-13)
I hope so too. God forbid anything should happen to Ikari...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:34:14/07-12-13)
I'm here just fine - everyone else?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (16:55:42/07-12-13)
Switch over? Did I miss something?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (17:47:44/07-12-13)
Switch over? Did I miss something?

Check the address in your browser :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (04:52:16/07-13-13)
I thought it might have been edition related.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (05:11:14/07-13-13)
I thought it might have been edition related.
Sup, Novo? You back now?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (10:07:36/07-13-13)
RL is good, but I think IC has gotten away from the Ikari I originally had in mind. I'd rather retire him than try to re-imagine the character. I'd like to be involved if there's a shift to fifth edition, though.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:22:24/07-13-13)
RL is good, but I think IC has gotten away from the Ikari I originally had in mind. I'd rather retire him than try to re-imagine the character. I'd like to be involved if there's a shift to fifth edition, though.

You need to do a rewrite I can handle that, or we can just do a rinse out and replace down the road, let me know, your call.  Haven't decided anything about fifth edition yet.  Really haven't even had a chance to give it a look at all,.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (00:17:43/07-14-13)
For those that have read the 5th, what are the main differences?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:56:49/07-14-13)
I'm still processing the new rules (and having gotten around to a close reading of it all yet), and the book DOES weigh in at 480 pages, but a summary:

- Limit mechanic introduced; almost every test you roll had some defined limit for how many hits you may count on a test as seen in SR4's Spellcasting
- - Many dice pool bonuses are changed to limit modifiers; dice pools overall are smaller as they're very nearly always only Attribute+Skill
- - This actually makes the sheer amount of guns that are around have more of a point, too.
- Wireless bonuses added to many items; in essence, a bonus is confered for having gear connected to the Matrix (the reason for this is related to the Matrix changes; essentially, you can still go completely offline but the decision is now more complex than "turn hacking to off").  There is an issue in that they first converted most dice pool bonuses to limit modifiers then put those dice pool bonuses back in place with wireless on, which tends to create a certain perception.
- Initiative changed such that number of passes is determined by your Initiative Score, there are ways to "spend" initiative points to do things like get a bonus to defend against a melee attack or to intercept someone passing within 1+Reach meters.
- There are many cost adjustments with 'ware, in terms of both nuyen and Essence
- - The "half Essence for the lesser of cyber/bio" rule is gone, but bioware Essence costs have dropped notably
- Edge has a static default refresh rate of every in-game day
- Matrix rules entirely redone, new system is simpler but also more punishing to hack; in setting it means a lot less hackers are actually going to be around
- - Some of the technomancer changes are...  Questionable would be putting it kindly.
- - Matrix given a notable direct role in combat; Matrix Damage now goes to the device rather than merely to an icon,
- Riggers are back to being their own dedicated character type, Deckers similarly have an increased barrier to entry
- Adepts can now get qi foci that actually give them more powers, mentor spirits now have benefits ascribed to all Awakened, to Magicians specifically, and to Adepts specifically (usually free powers).  Augmented/Unaugmented Adept balance appears to be a lot better
- Skills go to 12, with chargen caps being 6 (you can have as many as you like at 6)
- Attribute balance adjusted so that less important Attributes in SR4 become more valuable
- Damage and armour is scaled up, but overall damage has increased, reportedly making for a marked increase in lethality

I'm definitely missing stuff, but this is what I can think of for a rundown right now.  The rules overall are pretty similar (they've said that they built from the idea of taking what worked in SR4 and fixing what didn't).

Notably, I'd have a hard time converting Fionn at present for the simple reason that he's not using the default stream, but one of the ones from Unwired - two of the Technoshaman sprites aren't in SR5 as yet (Paladin sprites, which serve a far more important role in SR5, and Sleuth sprites, of which I've made extensive use).  That, and some of the changes (especially in regard to sprites) make it questionable as to whether the concept of how the character works can really convert over.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (01:03:02/07-14-13)
Sounds cool, I'll have to read up on it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:04:01/07-14-13)
There's some free previews up, and the PDF's going for a third what the hard copy will (which is great for me, because I love having rules PDFs, but I'll need to worry about a table copy too).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (01:05:27/07-14-13)
Yeah, I think I'll get a PDF copy myself. Thanks for the breakdown.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:16:57/07-14-13)
Oh, cool thing about qi foci I forgot to mention:  physically, they can be anything a normal focus can, but they can also be tattoos.  IE, O'Connor could have his prison tats re-inked (He has those, right?  I'm not remembering things completely wrong?) and turn them into a focus that cannot be taken away from him and which gives him extra adept powers.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (01:20:40/07-14-13)
Yeah, he's got prison tats, and if we switch to 5th, he's gonna get a helluva lot more tats. Say hello to a Sixth World version of a tattooed monk.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (02:41:25/07-14-13)
Tattooing the foci, good idea.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (03:12:33/07-14-13)
So if I understand correctly, test hits are limited to a maximum number equivalent to your attribute?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (03:15:05/07-14-13)
Not quite.  Attributes are used as the basis for inherent limits, which are determined by formula that look like (2*Attribute A + Attribute B + Attribute C)/3.  There are also gear limits, like Accuracy for weapons or Matrix attributes, which are the limit used when making tests with that gear.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Novocrane on (03:25:59/07-14-13)
The example of Improved Reflexes through PP & Qi Focus sounds quite powerful - more so if Qi Focii stack. (though the addiction would be just as impressive)

@Hydro
There are also qualities, gear and other stuff that can increase / replace your character's limits.

@Crossbow
Lets go with the rinse / replace & work from there.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (04:02:26/07-14-13)
I'd rather keep this in 4th, as converting will give a lot of problems.  Besides, although I have the PDF already, I won't have time to read it for some time to come (downloading takes five minutes, reading 480 pages ...  :) ).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (02:18:21/07-15-13)
I hope Johnny's quote wasn't lost on everybody... ::)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (03:42:49/07-17-13)
FYI, currently doing some hacking stuff by PM, will have to figure out where it falls timewise.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (03:52:02/07-17-13)
I was wondering where all the hacking was being done...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (14:01:29/07-18-13)
I'm assuming that the latest IC post is just for Torley, Sammy, Johnny, Heron, and Matty, right? Do we have any indication via the commlinks how far out the others are, or do we need to actually contact them to find out?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (16:09:14/07-18-13)
Gonna post something when I get home regarding the hack, though there is the question of how it fits into the time line since Fionn would be doing the hack en route.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (00:35:20/07-19-13)
I'm assuming that the latest IC post is just for Torley, Sammy, Johnny, Heron, and Matty, right? Do we have any indication via the commlinks how far out the others are, or do we need to actually contact them to find out?

Yes that is for you guys, while I am dealing with Fionn and his hacking the time is a bit skewed and I don't want you guys feeling left out, so.... you guys are well ahead of them in arriving on site though.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:15:11/07-19-13)
How long is it to sundown?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (02:03:56/07-19-13)
These spirits were summoned after sundown,  so you have until dawn, 6 to 8 hoursaway
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (03:54:21/07-20-13)
I will be gone from tomorrow the 21st until the 26th (included).  I'm not sure if I will have internet access, but even if I have it, I will only be online rarely.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (04:30:36/07-20-13)
Just a note:  Waiting on an IC reply from O'Connor and/or Clem.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (04:35:07/07-20-13)
I was unaware of that, sorry. Concerning?


On a side-note, here's a driving test: Driving (8d6.hits(5)=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4139954/)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (04:38:25/07-20-13)
Fionn checked in to mention that the security on Martell's system is tough as hell, and that if he gets caught it could make for all sorts of trouble for everyone in the jeep.  Hence making sure that people in the jeep are gonna be able to handle it.

He likes having a solid backup plan, and this is about as close as he's gonna get.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (11:38:57/07-20-13)
He wants plausible deniability when a barghest jumps out an rips the tire off the Jeep.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:53:32/07-21-13)
Really?  Nobody?  Jeez WAKE UP PEOPLE!   By the way, Rhat just reminded me, yes we did a scene change (or three, sorry about that).  Edge has refreshed for everyone.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (00:49:15/07-22-13)
Are you waiting on anything from Clem?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:56:43/07-22-13)
Just PMing back and forth right now.  Should not be long before it's properly resolved.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (03:12:07/07-23-13)
I'm still around but been busy in RL. I have been checking everyday though to see if anything major was happening.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (23:24:40/07-23-13)
Crossbow, you and RHat still dong behind the scene stuff? The car group is kinda just spinning it's wheels right now.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:21:11/07-24-13)
Yeah, sorry about that.  Should be resolved soon.  Main issue is that we spent a while only being able to exchange one message a day each.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (04:28:09/07-24-13)
It doen't help that I am not entirely comfortable with matrix rules and this is supposed to be a challenging system.  Thanks for your patience folks, and if it matters the chatter has been very amusing :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (05:15:47/07-24-13)
Sounds fun at least!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (05:18:10/07-24-13)
It doen't help that I am not entirely comfortable with matrix rules.

Don't worry about it, 4E matrix rules are kinda shit. I've never played a matrix character because I have a hell of a time making head or tails of them.

The chatter has been very amusing :)

We live to serve.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (07:32:19/07-24-13)
Don't worry about it, 4E matrix rules are kinda shit. I've never played a matrix character because I have a hell of a time making head or tails of them.

Glad I'm not the only one. Just finished reading through the 5E matrix rules, and I definitely feel like I understood those a lot better, for whatever reason.

Incidentally, I did notice a change from 4E to 5E that would have a notable effect on Sam's build (not in a good way)--the kinesics adept power doesn't help with social tests like con and negotiation any more. Just in blocking judge intention rolls. :P
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (16:27:19/07-24-13)
It doen't help that I am not entirely comfortable with matrix rules.

Don't worry about it, 4E matrix rules are kinda shit. I've never played a matrix character because I have a hell of a time making head or tails of them.

Fortunately, I do know them fairly well and I try to help as much as I feasibly can.

As for the 5e rules:  They use the same basic core as the rest of 5e, which makes them a lot easier to understand.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (08:55:32/07-26-13)
Looking for a check in from my Junkyard team, that'd be Mirikon, Faro, Irish and Thvor.   Any of ya'll can jump in on the bet.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (09:50:34/07-26-13)
Roll each one Thvor, there could be different info available, and more chances for glitches :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (10:05:16/07-26-13)
Roll each one Thvor, there could be different info available, and more chances for glitches :)

Perception: 12d6.hits(5)=4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4148417/)
Judge Intentions: 14d6.hits(5)=6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4148420/)

Sorry, no glitches this time. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (00:24:45/07-30-13)
Do you need a roll from Clem or a post explaining she's doing her best to keep on course? She's keeping quiet and trying to concentrate on driving.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (00:38:20/07-30-13)
Sure, give me some perception and driving rolls, 5 each and go ahead and post.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (01:33:02/07-30-13)
5 different perception and driving rolls?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (01:39:17/07-30-13)
Yes
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:24:53/07-30-13)
Okay, a few notes, would love to hear everyone check in, and make sure where we stand.

Rhat you can post your story.

Everyone in the jeep is getting a box of stun for an especially hard jolt (the third roll) but it will probably clear up once you are on board.

Novocrane I have gotten no PM from you about a rewrite so I am gonna assume at this point you are leaving, let me know if otherwise.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (20:44:15/07-30-13)
Ah, darn. Thought Sam was on to something with the leak. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (21:27:50/07-30-13)
Checking in and awaiting further developments on the Jeep front.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:51:59/07-30-13)
I've got something written up already that I'll copy and paste in just as soon as I get home (out for dinner right now).  Do be forewarned, it's a somewhat larger post than usual.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (12:19:41/08-01-13)
I am correct, right, that we already paid?  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (12:27:33/08-01-13)
Actually, if I remember correctly, the deal was that we paid greasy his half, but were supposed to give the driver his half before leaving. Not the terms Sam would have preferred. :-\

"The cost of the hop is fifty grand, I want half before you leave here, you give the other half to the pilot or he is gonna drop your hoops in the Pacific far enough out that swimming ain’t an option."
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (12:58:36/08-01-13)
thanks, I've adapted my post.  I had forgotten about that.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (13:01:48/08-01-13)
Okay, I guess that either no one got my little joke, no one noticed it, or no one is commenting.  Whichever way it is, I am very disappoint in the lot of you.   :P :'( >:(    ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (13:12:33/08-01-13)
It's too warm to think straight.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (14:52:46/08-01-13)
I'll confess, I hadn't taken the time to actually think about the distance measurements comment. Sorry. :)

Good thing we're not trying to do the Kessel Run...;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (03:51:07/08-02-13)
Crossbow:  Still waiting on Judge Intentions results.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (11:36:27/08-02-13)
actually when I reread it, I first spotted the 'I made some special modifications myself'.  :D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (19:11:10/08-02-13)
Crossbow:  Still waiting on Judge Intentions results.

Sorry about that, Jesus is the kind ego driven highwire act you want at the controls of anything that flies when the shit goes down, and he is shooting straight with you guys.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (23:29:56/08-03-13)
Once I get a heads-up from EVERYONE, either here or by IC post, we will move to the next scene.  If anyone needs to make arrangements or calls, make them now.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (00:05:29/08-04-13)
Necro, are you spending edge to negate the glitch?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (00:07:40/08-04-13)
No, it's just a knowledge check. I'll save edge for when I really need it. Besides if it actually becomes necessary for the MG to be used O'Connor's pool looks like this.
Heavy Weapons 0 + Agility 5 - Defaulting 1 - CM 2 = Pool 2
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (01:44:02/08-04-13)
I was going to answer the same thing, Rhat.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:50:15/08-04-13)
The joke was just there, begging to be used.  Really, these exchanges are just hilarious sometimes.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (04:40:57/08-04-13)
Also, I love how nobody's thought to question Fionn's claim that he'd be able to handle the door gun if needed, assuming it's rigged for remote operation.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (04:48:04/08-04-13)
What importance are tactical battle plans in the face of endless dick jokes?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (04:49:18/08-04-13)
...  I applaud your choice of phrasing.

Also, you have no IDEA how much I wracked my brain to try to find a way to fit a "solitary confinement" joke in there somewhere.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (04:55:12/08-04-13)
That was good one, I'll give you that.

I misinterpreted Clem's bit in that round. I thought Clem's comment was a masturbation joke implying that O'Connor had a small dick. Her retort is going to be interesting.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (05:17:45/08-04-13)
I'd kind of love to see the rest of the group get in on this, too.  Though it's kind of funny - this is a hilarious shift in how these three interact compared to before the group split for a while; gotta wonder what the people-people are thinking of this.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (05:20:40/08-04-13)
Well, these three have been together all day and bickered constantly. That's a fairly apt description of friendship, even if they're approaching it assbackwards. Plus I think they're all excited to be getting out of the sticks and back into the city.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (05:44:20/08-04-13)
I would say that Clem is most comfortable with O'Connor and Fionn right now.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (05:48:54/08-04-13)
To be fair, I think the whole "Fionn almost killed himself to get everyone out of there in one piece" thing probably helps, even factoring for the fact that Clem and O'Connor don't really know how bad that actually could have been (because hooray for downplaying that stuff).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (05:53:56/08-04-13)
Yeah, as far as she knows, Fionn went wandering around the Matrix and came back looking like shit once more.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (06:23:08/08-04-13)
There are no wireless controls on the gun, and it being a pintle mount, wouldn't have been linked up anyway.  In fact, you notice a distinct lack of any wireless function on board The Ghost.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (08:38:39/08-05-13)
Still waiting on irisheathen, Thvor and Mirikon
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (09:22:32/08-05-13)
Sorry, busy weekend; didn't have much chance to do more than read through the dick jokes. :)

It's early evening, right?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (09:23:04/08-05-13)
I'd kind of love to see the rest of the group get in on this, too.  Though it's kind of funny - this is a hilarious shift in how these three interact compared to before the group split for a while; gotta wonder what the people-people are thinking of this.

It's fun reading it, although from time to time wait a bit to let other people reply as well  ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (10:18:52/08-05-13)
Sorry, busy weekend; didn't have much chance to do more than read through the dick jokes. :)

It's early evening, right?

Uhm, no?  REALLY rough weekend there.  In game, you are currently about to hit midnight.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (14:20:34/08-05-13)
Sorry I was in the same boat as Thvor.
@Hydro: I hope you can fun with that.  ;D
@farothel: I do have to ask though did Sammy blow Johnny off on purpose or did you just miss my last post?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (16:20:26/08-05-13)
Sorry I was in the same boat as Thvor.
@Hydro: I hope you can fun with that.  ;D
@farothel: I do have to ask though did Sammy blow Johnny off on purpose or did you just miss my last post?

What last post?  Your last post is after my last post if I'm not mistaken.  As far as I could see the last thing was a question addressed to me by Fion which I replied to.  If there was another post I should have reacted on I must have missed it.  :-[
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (16:37:30/08-05-13)
irisheathen is talking about this post from when you first got to the scrapyard

Johnny got out of the car on the opposite side of the elf and re-situated the pistol out of sight under his shirt. He stretched out his shoulder muscles which had started to cramp and winced at his bruises. He walked around to lean on the front bumper next to Sammy before he started speaking quietly "I just thought of something. Its very hard for someone to beat me in close quarters. Hell its very hard for several someones to beat me at hand to hand. Its what I do. But I've been worked over really well from what my bruises tell me. Which makes me think I was incapacitated or out numbered by ninja orks when I got the crap kicked outta me." Johnny sighed and looked over the tops of his shades at Sammy "I'm just worried about kicking in doors without knowing what happened to us, or who we're up against. I mean the group listens to you for the most part and I'd feel better if someone were to suggest a little more recon before going in guns ablaze. "

I noticed at the time that you never answered him
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (01:30:07/08-06-13)
I must have missed that one.  :-[  It was during my holiday when I was reading the forums on my tablet.  Let's just say that she didn't hear the question as she was looking around at all the junk, because going back to fix it now would be too difficult.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (02:46:25/08-06-13)
No prob.  :D
Although He will bring it up again. AKA copy and paste. ::)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Mirikon on (14:29:13/08-07-13)
Sorry, guys. Got banned for a while, but back now. Unfortunately, just as the ban was ending, work got crazy. A few people decided to do a walkout at a couple stores in the area, so I had to pick up extra shifts. Then one of the people at my store got word her dad died (it was leukemia, so it wasn't unexpected), so she took off for that. Then one of the other people at my store decided to just not show up for work any more. So I've been brain-fried for the last week or so. I'll try to throw up something before work.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (17:32:20/08-07-13)
Fionn is speechless for a moment.  While most people in his circumstance would be looking for the right thing to say, or feeling like they'd just stuck their foot in their mouth, his expression didn't suggest anything of the kind.  He looked crestfallen, as if he'd somehow been hoping for a different answer.  He moved a little bit closer so he didn't have to speak at quite the same volume.  "Look, I'm...  I'm terribly sorry.  For your loss, and for dredging it up like this.  Hearing that your sister had gone missing, that you'd come to Seattle looking for her...  Well, the coincidence of it actually set me to hoping about something, stupid as it was, and I let that get the better of me.  I'm just...  I shouldn't have said anything."

farothel: So, is Sammy not replying to this, or did you just not notice the post?  Been waiting to see if/how Sammy would respond, is all.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (01:29:30/08-08-13)
farothel: So, is Sammy not replying to this, or did you just not notice the post?  Been waiting to see if/how Sammy would respond, is all.

I've adapted my post.  I just didn't realise you were waiting for a reply on that.  :-[
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (11:10:09/08-09-13)
Sorry Thvor, I think the last bit of Jesus's message was meant for Sammy only.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (11:18:46/08-09-13)
It was. Sam doesn't know when the "date" is going to be, but Jesus had said earlier that it was going to be at the top of the Needle; he's hoping that he'll be able to find out when later. :D

"...If no, you gotta give a kiss....and dinner at the top o' the needle after we get you home."
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (12:15:13/08-09-13)
@Crossbow: Jesus said Friday for the date.  What day is it now?  Just to see if it's possible or not?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (12:36:44/08-09-13)
My mistake, I wasn't paying attention, carry on  ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (14:47:06/08-09-13)
Wednesday very early in the morning
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (15:00:30/08-09-13)
Wednesday very early in the morning

...I thought it was about midnight...?

Uhm, no?  REALLY rough weekend there.  In game, you are currently about to hit midnight.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (15:45:39/08-09-13)
Midnight is very early in the morning. . About 90 minutes of flying since that post
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (15:54:15/08-10-13)
Need to get at least one post in before the whhole radio silence point - will get that up once I get home.  Fionn still needs to know the actual location in Puyallup, as well, in order to be able to arrange a ride.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (17:19:27/08-10-13)
Jesus. Telling. Torley to get fragged not good enough?  Okay, try your luck.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (18:24:15/08-10-13)
Ah, missed something when I was reading earlier.  Very caffeine deficient today, apologies.

Still, gotta get a post in to set things up, even if only on a "coordinates to follow" basis.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (15:16:52/08-13-13)
When the blackout kicked in, before the first dive, Fionn started cursing in some combination of English, Gaelic, and Sperethiel - or at least, everyone in the helicopter is reasonably sure that's what he's doing.  Trying to regain his composure, he wracked his brain trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

[spoiler]Knowledge rolls: Matrix Security; Matrix Phenomena (5d6.hits(5)=3, 7d5.hits(5)=0) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4172570/)[/spoiler]

Fionn has never seen or heard of anything like this experience.  If it is a unique device, he might be the first technomancer to experience it, but he could figure that it is something like a white noise generator for wireless Matrix activity and sensors. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (16:30:09/08-13-13)
And Mirikon, Jesus is an elf.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Mirikon on (18:08:37/08-13-13)
Whoops
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (02:40:27/08-15-13)
So two or three groups? or should we stick together? I mean with how many of us there are scouting will be hard but scouting without equipment will probably be harder.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (03:17:40/08-15-13)
I would say two just not to spread Crossbow too thin.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (05:03:26/08-15-13)
Quick question: scouting for what exactly?  We don't know anything, except where our gear is.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (11:26:25/08-15-13)
Scouting the one location we know might give us leads on the who and why and if its lightly guarded save us some money on equipment.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (15:36:10/08-15-13)
That does carry a certain risk of detection, though, which would spoil the element of surprise.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (17:42:25/08-15-13)
Which if they are powerful enough to drop us in the middle of nowhere after wiping our memories they might find out anyway as soon as we ask the wrong person the wrong question or preform the wrong search online or try to access anything we need. It is a risk but it's a smart one; besides we need our comms to pay the debt we just incurred ASAP.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (19:38:44/08-15-13)
You may not have much of a choice about staying together, O'Connor is the only one to make any transport arrangements and Fionn's friend might your only way of getting around without attracting attention being a large group of people without any of you projecting a SIN,  Even keeping in the low rent areas you still may come across some random signal interrogator.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (19:39:33/08-15-13)
Well, I DID contact Agrona about a vehicle...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:02:48/08-15-13)
Just wanted you guys to understand, this is a different place from Yakima, you walk around the wrong place without a SIN and you will have issues.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:59:38/08-15-13)
Yeah, that is a bit of an issue...

Posted an edit.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (21:18:42/08-15-13)
The characters do need to lay low regardless, just more so without SINs. So I think getting gear and heading to the warehouse would be the best plan.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (21:25:25/08-15-13)
Getting the gear and doing the research should, ideally, be done at the same time.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (23:15:12/08-15-13)
YOU ARE NOT YET ON THE GROUND.  MIRIKON PLEASE EDIT YOUR POST
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:53:47/08-15-13)
...  I have this mental image of Heron doing the Wile E. Coyote thing in mid-air - where he runs off of a cliff and keeps going just until he realizes there's not ground.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (02:17:46/08-16-13)
It was the all caps that really made my night.  ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (12:39:36/08-16-13)
you two are really not helping.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (13:39:01/08-16-13)
Quote
Sam watches as Heron disappears out into the night sky. After a moment, he calls out, "Remember to flap your wings!"

Sooooo tempting. ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Mirikon on (16:09:53/08-16-13)
Sorry, but I work third shift, so I had already logged off to get ready for work when you posted, Crossbow.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (16:11:18/08-16-13)
an FYI: I will be on holidays with reduced internet access from August 31st until September 9th.  I will have access, but I'm not sure how much time I will have to check.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Mirikon on (16:19:52/08-16-13)
Also, I will be out of town, with limited internet access (and even more limited ability to post) the Thursday through Tuesday of Labor Day Weekend, because I'll be at DragonCon. I may post during that time, but don't expect it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:18:30/08-19-13)
Players exiting the vehicle will need to roll Initiative and then make an Agility test (Gymnastics apply) to safely exit the vehicle as a Simple action and get full movement and other actions, unbuckling is also a Simple Action.

Anyone taking their time will impose a dice pool penalty on anyone in front of them, but will get safely to the ground and move half their walking distance, but can do nothing else.
Torley will need to take a second action to get off because he has to get out of the cockpit without disturbing Jesus’ catatonic form which is hanging into his seat.

Anyone without breathing protection or bioware applicable will suffer a -1 penalty to all actions and rolls from the taste of the gases over the lava, another -1 is applicable to anyone that can’t tell me a reason they wouldn’t have one from a rough flight and fast landing, Fionn has an additional -1 from after effects of the blackout device.

Because seating is somewhat important here , I have Torley in the copilot seat, Matt (port) and O’Connor in the rear facing seats and on the rear bench starboard to port : Jonny, Clem, Fionn, Sammy, Heron and Icarus.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (23:28:31/08-19-13)
For reference, I have precisely zero dice left to make that test with after penalties, so the taking of time is the only option for Fionn.

[spoiler]
Initiative 8 - 1 CM penalty (7d6.hits(5)=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4182464/)

Initiative score is 10
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (00:53:01/08-20-13)
The only reason I can think of for Clem not to get that -1 penalty would be that she has the pilot ground craft skill, so she would be somewhat used to being shaken around. Given, it's not the same, but I'll let you make the call on that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (01:38:34/08-20-13)
Since I'm in the middle, I can let the others get out first and take my time as well.  I'm sitting in the middle, so there are a number of people having to get off before me anyways.

As for the penalty from flying, A couple of posts back Sammy compared the flight with a theme park ride and was actually enjoying it.  As this was before I knew there was going to be a penalty, I'm not sure if it counts.
Also, given the fact that I have the asthma negative quality, don't expect me to do a lot while we're in those fumes.  :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (02:34:02/08-20-13)
Sorry Hydro, not good enough, you got the penalty.

Sammy's asthma will definitely be set off by the fumes, but since you are not currently in them, they are a lingering effect, they will not stack up. She will still get the wooziness penalty for the rough ride, she may like roller coasters, but she is not immune to the effects.

In an incredible stroke of bad luck, both Icarus and Matt glitch their initiative rolls so anyone trying to move out the port side quickly will take a penalty of -2 unless they hold actions or choose not to be cute about things.  But since that is probably just Heron, I don't really think he will try it.

p.s.  WOO HOO 100 pages of OOC content!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (03:47:12/08-20-13)
Go for it Hydro, edit approval granted.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (13:02:23/08-21-13)
Sorry about the wait, school just started up again day before yesterday so on to the post.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (21:09:20/08-22-13)
Is Clementine up already or is Torley still on her? Also, how far is the closest threat?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (21:58:29/08-22-13)
Is Clementine up already or is Torley still on her? Also, how far is the closest threat?

No, you guys got yourself unsituated without NEARLY the level of humor I was hoping for, :)  You had started moving as a ragged group to the edge of track when you saw the others.  Distance is between 5-10 meters, with the Gang member about 4 behind the rest.

Also since I got the question, here it is from p.185 of Seattle 2072

Troll Killers
Turf: Downtown, near Lake Washington
Colors: Red and Green
Like you’d expect from the name, the Troll Killers are pissedoff
humans whose idea of a good time is collecting ork tusks and
troll horns to wear as trophies and prove how manly they are. They
started out as the spawn of Humanis supporters and sympathizers in
Seattle and became something of a rite of passage; some members of
the gang are the second- and even third-generation. Unfortunately
for the TKs, their chosen prey got organized and fought back, and
the gang took some serious hits from opposition like the Ragers
and even the Skraacha, forcing them to pull back around their Lake
Washington turf.
> Not anymore, Riser. Somebody has been arming and even training the Troll
Killers lately and turning them into vigilante bands. A lot of the ordinance is
stuff that went “missing” during the metroplex security transition, meaning it
technically belonged to Lone Star, but I suspect the connection is more with the
Brackhaven administration with Lone Star as the fall guys. The TKs might even
just be stalking horses: get the metas riled-up enough to fight back, then you
can call it a riot and have Knight Errant come down on them hard like an orbit
shot and say you’re just “maintaining law and order.”
> Star Loner
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (02:07:32/08-23-13)
Johnny is not there, at all, you don' t see him.
That make it my turn?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (06:59:04/08-23-13)
Johnny is not there, at all, you don' t see him.
That make it my turn?

Yep, then Sammy and Fionn
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (07:10:58/08-23-13)
Did I miss something? Where did Johnny go?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (08:24:55/08-23-13)
Yep, you missed something, it was kina hard to keep track of everyone during the landing.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (08:47:05/08-23-13)
Guessing there was stuff behind the scenes done...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (09:09:25/08-23-13)
Good guess :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (09:11:44/08-23-13)
Sammy and Fionn are up next, the two shooters did hit their targets.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (11:49:42/08-23-13)
Just posted.  Time to show why attacking a pissed off mage is not a good idea.  And if these are squishy humies, they should feel it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (18:20:38/08-23-13)
Gonna post when I get home, but first: There any cover around?  Any wireless signals showing up that might be useful (especially a vehicle of some sort)?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (19:01:10/08-23-13)
The nearest real cover is the outer lip of the track, behind your attackers.  There are wireless signals, though as you look you see several wink out of existence roughly corresponding to the area of the fireball that just went off.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (20:44:30/08-23-13)
Are Clem's attackers fighting hand-to-hand?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:58:55/08-23-13)
yep, with clubs
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (22:57:11/08-23-13)
last one got in for 6P, roll resistance.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (00:42:49/08-24-13)
Modified my last post to account for the damage resistance.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (09:22:54/08-24-13)
As I'm currently severely wounded (or at least will be very soon), I was looking on my character sheet to see if there was something I could use to mitigate the stuff a bit.  I found that I have a docwagon contract.  Now I know that these come with a life-sign monitoring bracelet, so I was wondering the following:
-Do I still have that (normally if you remove it, it will go off if I recall correctly).
-If so, I think now is the time to activate it and have the HTR cav show up to get me out of shit.  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (13:36:18/08-24-13)
Okay so the bad news is that your Doc Wagon bracelet is not something you have.  I think that would have been fairly obvious considering your situation when you woke up.

Good news is that you aren't dead, yet.  You took 8 boxes of damage.  That is not a GM caveat, that is correcting a GM's error.  I forgot about visibility modifiers to ranged combat.

The judge caveat I am making is taking over Heron's action and he is going to keep you from dying.

Back to the top of the order for second passes, Clem, then Johnny, then Icarus, then O'Connor
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (14:28:22/08-24-13)
okay, thanks  :)
I'll await the post for Heron then and I'll adapt mine.  It's still going to hurt a lot I guess  ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (19:18:20/08-24-13)
Since her attackers are in close for melee attacks, would Clem's attacks be considered point-blank?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:04:18/08-24-13)
Yes, but it is offset by the Attacker in melee modifier for a net result of -1  (+2 for point blank, -3 AoM)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (21:11:31/08-24-13)
Modified a few things, sorry for the confusion.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (23:14:16/08-25-13)
Is Johnny's stuff still happening behind the scenes?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (23:20:50/08-25-13)
I don't think so I'm was waiting on a response to a message I sent crossbow last night but I'm gonna go ahead and just post in a few minutes.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (00:06:47/08-26-13)
Sorry forgot to check messages for replies when I was on here before.  Reply sent.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (00:15:20/08-26-13)
Which I totally missed.  :(
Doesn't matter a lot though cause of how much fate hates me right now.
Or
Loves me...in a scary decapitating kinda way.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:29:30/08-26-13)
Well, if you had surprise surprise that was probably something at least on the order of 16+ damage before soak...  He was kinda doomed unless you crit glitched.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (00:31:03/08-26-13)
All in all, seems it worked out well. Now if only Torley could talk them into stopping the fight...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (00:32:45/08-26-13)
Either way, I've got our ride out, probably.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (01:32:42/08-26-13)
Well how many are left?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (02:12:24/08-26-13)
And how willing are they to stay and keep fighting now that Johnny (quite literally) killed their motivation?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (04:05:45/08-26-13)
Can I just say how amusing I find it that Fionn's argument here is basically "you won't be able to shoot as many people later"?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (14:18:29/08-26-13)
With 5 + 8 damage done, and then 6 healed, I assume I come back around, although not in good shape.  As soon as we're done here, I think I'll visit a local Docwagon facility for a 'check-up'.  And from now one just force 5 stunbolts.  Much less drain  :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (18:44:34/08-26-13)
Okay a few things to note, it is about 3am, so it is dark, and the guys running away do not disappear 'on the horizon', they disappear almost immediately into the darkness and the neighborhood.  They also did not get a good look at the van, because it didn't arrive immediately on the scene, it was right on the end of Fionn's perception. 

Other issue, Sammy can visit a clinic all she wants to, but unless she is moving in it won't help her much.  Because Heron used magic to save her, first aid can't be used anymore.  But yes, she can wake up.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (19:06:48/08-26-13)
So, how long does the van take to cover the 400m distance?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:14:17/08-26-13)
It is there in less than a minute, if you want to be quick, subtlety will cost you time.  About 3 minutes.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:17:37/08-26-13)
Yeah, probably best to be reasonably subtle...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (01:20:21/08-27-13)
Other issue, Sammy can visit a clinic all she wants to, but unless she is moving in it won't help her much.  Because Heron used magic to save her, first aid can't be used anymore.  But yes, she can wake up.

True, but long term care with medicine might help (that just gives extra dice on my own bodyx2 test to heal).  I know it's for after the run, but a couple of days of rest and good care might get her back on her feet that much faster.  I'll do things slowly for now, at least until I have my gear.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (01:49:33/08-28-13)
So...  Are we waiting on anything in particular at this point?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (02:12:06/08-28-13)
Yes, me to get through my first week of the fall semester, sorry about that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (03:02:37/08-28-13)
Oh, no worries about that at all (I've got classes starting back up next week, incidentally).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (09:33:34/08-28-13)
I'll be on holiday next week.  But as I will probably be in the back of the van hurting, it shouldn't slow down play too much (and I will probably be able to check from time to time).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (11:01:08/08-28-13)
Enjoy your holiday!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (20:29:01/08-29-13)
Just a quick heads-up; I'm going to be travelling for the weekend, so will have limited ability to post from tomorrow through Monday evening. I don't think Sam's got anything to do in the short term, so...<shrug>
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (16:06:27/09-01-13)
Sorry for the delay folks, finally getting my head above water.  Let's get this going again, Sammy and Torley are off the grid for the moment, but we can slide them in as they return.

IC post going up
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (01:29:26/09-02-13)
Did Johnny find anything on the banger's body besides the gun? You might have missed the last post I put up. He will probably hand off the room-sweeper to someone else (probably Fionn) along with any ammo he finds. Johnny doesn't use guns very often.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (13:19:39/09-02-13)
Sorry about that, yes, he found 2 reloads for the roomsweeper, so that is 23 rounds total, of which 15 are shot, 8 are slug.  You also find the remains of a cheap commlink that got fried in the fireball and two snap-injectors of some kind, probably the combat drug that all of them were on.  The vest is salvageable, but the Troll Killers colors are still on it so the protection might not be worth the trouble.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (15:30:49/09-02-13)
What kinda vest and would it still be viable protection if he turned it inside out? I'll edit my last post to add that johnny picked up this stuff and then add a new post.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (19:46:38/09-02-13)
No, it would not lay properly with the plates to be of any use and would be extremely uncomfortable, you might be able to paint or cover it somehow, if you really feel you need to.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (12:40:54/09-03-13)
Sorry that took so long. I thought I had hit post yesterday but something went wonky  :o
Armor vest from the core book? B/I 6/4? can he wear it under his shirt?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (14:40:21/09-03-13)
Yes and no, it is the one from the book, it is called a vest because it lacks sleeves, don't mistake that for a suit vest.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (09:08:00/09-04-13)
Okay, just to show you all, in case you had a doubt, I can make mistakes.  :)

So the armored vest in the core book says "Modern flexible wrap vest are designed to be worn under regular clothing without displaying any bulk" pg326.

Dunno where I got the idea that a vest was bulky, that said, I have an image in my head of what the troll killer was wearing.  Can we call it an armored jacket without sleeves?  It really is not something you can easily conceal.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (12:53:28/09-04-13)
No problem  ;D. Someone find me a bucket of paint!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (18:30:26/09-04-13)
Somehow I feel like this vest is going to bite me on the ass in the near future.  :-\
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (20:35:51/09-07-13)
Is Darrell refrencing a set of keys that O'Connor no longer has or does he know where Darrell has a spare set?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (20:40:52/09-07-13)
Or does Fionn have to hack in for the specific purpose of locking the place up?

(Yes, yes, Barrens, electronic locks are unlikely - but it would be funny).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:54:06/09-07-13)
Is Darrell refrencing a set of keys that O'Connor no longer has or does he know where Darrell has a spare set?

I dunno, how unlucky is O'Connor?  ;)  You biometrics are recorded on the back door.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (06:29:16/09-13-13)
Team, I need posts committing you guys to action one way or the other.  You are back on home turf so you can contribute to descriptions and I will play off of those.  If you take them too far I will try back you up as best I can, just give me a chance to respond.  You will be able to drive from Puyallup to the Redmond district of Touristville without incident.  With the early morning traffic, those wanting it can take another hour of uninterrupted rest on the trip..
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (06:58:25/09-13-13)
So from what I understand, Fionn is driving the vehicle, right? And we're heading to O'Connor's arms dealer, correct?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (08:09:09/09-13-13)
You are headed to Redmond, until Necro makes it clear otherwise, O'connor hasn't given a location to go to beyond that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: RHat on (02:38:22/09-14-13)
Well, it looks like it's finally time to have this out.  FUN (for everyone, I hope...)!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: HydroRaven on (03:26:59/09-14-13)
I have no idea who's side Clem will take. On one hand, O'Connor and she caught Fionn listening in on their conversation (or at least that's what she thinks), but on the other O'Connor is eroding team synergy by confronting Fionn in front of everyone like that. Guess I'll have to wait and see how this evolves.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Necrogigas on (03:40:28/09-14-13)
O'Connor was willing to let Clem take the lead on the Red situation, but then this situation came up. O'Connor is not about to let a (perceived) threat like Red anywhere near his best (only) friend.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: farothel on (12:54:34/09-14-13)
Let's end it then.  ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Thvor on (14:56:03/09-14-13)
I'm pretty sure Sam could work one of his contacts to get him and Sammy to civilization/a hospital, if we want. He wouldn't be able to get the entire group out of the barrens, though, which is why I haven't suggested it yet.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (20:01:26/09-14-13)
Irish, you need to edit, the warehouse is in Tacoma, 30 miles or more from where o'connor's contact is
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (00:02:34/09-15-13)
Yes I understand but Johnny doesn't know where O'Conner's contact is. Also he volunteered to walk from where they currently are. Also I don't know if O'Conner can boost a car himself. As to the warehouse being far from the contact it could still weaken the security force by drawing away manpower if O'Conner is spotted miles away. Finally Johnny doesn't like O'Conner anyway and loves a excuse to let the bastard walk.  ;D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: Crossbow on (00:45:23/09-15-13)
Okay, just to be clear, you do know that Redmond is where you are going and that is where Darrell is, that has been made clear, but everything else is legit. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings
Post by: irisheathen on (01:45