Shadowrun

Shadowrun Play => Play-by-Post => Topic started by: Redwulfe on (03:50:21/07-02-18)

Title: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Redwulfe on (03:50:21/07-02-18)
The rain flowed steadily from the heavens as the man stood outside his eurocar holding and umbrella above his head as he waited. He wasn't a tall man and if it was not for the comfort in which he waited in the rain without seeking the shelter of his car he would not stand out much. He had typically features for a Japanese American, black hair and a slightness to his complexion that would set him apart from the more anglo fair skin of the Seattle plex's human population.

His eyes, which were currently covered by a pair of antique aviators, stared unwavering at the door of the restaurant that the luxury car was parked in front of. Most passerby huddled under protection didn't pay him much attention as they darted passed trying to hurry their way out of the rain. Even if they where to look passed their own misery in that moment the nights cover would have shielded him from their notice save for the red glow of the cigarette his smoked to pass the time.

It wasn't long before the light shining from the restaurants door was broken by the form of the man's employer. His employer was not alone in the restaurants waiting area inside the door. The two both elder in age, asian and sharp fo feature bowed deeply to each other out of respect before they attempted to exit the comfort of the exterior for the contrasting bleakness of this damp Seattle night. The Man quickly crossed the sidewalk to meet his master at the door the man flicked the cigarette away into the street with his remaining four fingers of his scared hand and opened the door for his employer. The man was not alone when he reached the door for his counterpart who waited silently next to a second car in the darkness had appeared to great his master as well. The two elderly men separated and followed their mens to their respective cars to leave.

The man shut the door as he sat in the driver seat and looked into the mirror at his passenger in the back as the elderly man spoke.
it is time to call the asset and set a meeting. The usual will do.

The man programmed the car to access grid guide and head to the compound as the display in his glasses pulled up his contact list with but a thought. the images of several people scrolled before his vision as it finally settled on a single picture of a man labeled Ban Dolo. the image flashed brighter twice in rapid succession as it shrunk to occupy the lower right hand side of the drivers vision as the car moved down the street, the soft ringing of the receiver heard only to Ichirou as he drove.
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: adzling on (18:08:35/07-02-18)
"Another night on prep sugar".
That's what Mincess Preia, his cheapass Stuffer Shack AR agent had said when she woke him to the tune of Bohemian Rhapsody this afternoon.
Blinking twice he zeroed in on the upper right of his AR feed where a 5 second thumbnail clip of an old flat-vid looped.
Batman? No way that's too kitsch.
Bruce Wayne? What a downer that freak is.
It took him a second but then he recognized the clip's source, the final scene of Batman Vs. Superman, a totally downer of a flat-vid.
Ok that's better, he was more of a "Kark Clent than "Wuce Bayne".
He was happy this one wouldn't show up for at least another Year, he fraggin' hated that Kark.

So it came to be that a mild-mannered caucasian in a cheap suit wearing, corrective lens' with gelled back hair ran con prep that day. Which consisted of hanging out for hours on end at a certain fern bar on Washington that catered to the corp crowd. Ban needed a wageslave persona in Renraku for a daily-collect con he was setting up and Kark was just the guy to make the connection.

Two hours into the second attempt he had progressed past the background info gathering and was about to proceed to palming the mark's ID badge when his comlink started chirping in his ear, playing the Main Title to Showdown in Little Tokyo.

Breaking character Kark stood straight up and uncharacteristically barked "fraggit, money talks and this mark's balked" right into the astonished face of his drinking partner, Steve from Renraku Sewage Inspection Team 6. Spitting his vapor-stik into Steve's beer and knocking back his shot he headed for the plasti-curtain leading to the rain-slick Seattle streets.
Switching vocal tone to something more Ted Williams'esque he cooed into the line "Ban here, how much you paying?".
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Redwulfe on (02:04:00/07-03-18)
Ichirou smiled slightly at the comment, "Enough that we will not be collecting a finger this month. We need a team, do you have a man to find such a thing for you?"
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: adzling on (10:57:36/07-03-18)
"Null sweat, I got just the guy. Let me know if you want me playing Johnny or if the Gumi will be sending one of theirs"

Looking up into the falling rain Kark's glasses quickly fogged (cheap dime-store props, sigh), but no matter, he was already sick of Kark. He glanced at the thumbnail video in the upper right of his vision, it was looping a scene of a dude wearing a thread-bare blanket as a jacket and chomping on the butt end of a cigar. Or was it a cigarillo? Hard to tell. He'd have to do a bit of digging to get that detail right. Still he was pleased, this was the perfect person to call Cowboy.

Switching his voice before bothering with the rest of Kark (or was it Ban? Fraggit, did it matter?) he pipped the icon of a dancing cowboy toy figure in his address book.

"Hey, Cowboy..." he spat out in a low, slow western drawl. "I need a crew, what can you pull together that's not fresh of the boat?" Kark-with-voice-of-The-Stranger grunted and chewed on an imaginary cigarillo (he was sure it was a cigarillo now, too small for a cigar), "I fking hate the rain".

Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Redwulfe on (14:54:00/07-03-18)
Ichirou was a man of business and loathed talking with Ban in any capacity but he knew the price of failure to the Oyabun and his aching hand who's listen ached more when the humidity was high kept him on task. Muting the call in his AR as he looked to the back seat where Hanzo Shotozumi sat looking out the window."The asset is in place and he will gather his team. Who are we sending to meet them?"

Hanzo master did not turn his gaze which looked longing into the city, nor did he speak. Ichirou knew that he would have to take care of this himself and returned his eyes to the road ahead as he unmuted the call. "I will meet your team, at Lou's Tattoos Downtown. Tonight, in three hours. The Oyabun is personally putting this task in your hands, do not fail him." with that he ended the call.

Answering the Kark's call cowboy spoke with a joy to his tone that was in stark contrast to the mater of fact manner that Ichirou had taken. "Anata no akusento wa haruka ni yoku natte imasu Ban-san. Ichi-Byōkan hōrudo shite, Watashi wa Akurosan ga watashi no tame ni hon'yaku suru yō ni naru." though Kark's japanesse was better spoken than understood and cowboy spoke in a natural rhythm Kark understood that Cowboy was happy to hear from him and he was bringing Akuro his female companion in to the conversation. Akuro's icon appeared in next to the dancing cowboy in Kark's AR a moment before she spoke. "Cowboy says that you accent is improving and you are in need of a crew for a job. Please tell us of this job."
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: adzling on (18:51:06/07-03-18)
"Ahh-koo-roe" he drawled in his perfect reproduction of The Stranger ne' Clint Eastwood, "tha Goo-mee will be sending their own Johnson I reckon.
Only snag is short notice, which Cowboy shouldn't mind as it usually means top dollar.
Gotta meet at Lou's Tattoos Downtown. Tonight, in 2 hours and 59 minutes.
Ping me the deets on each runner you pull and tell them to run an AR icon of a black raven.
Be there or be square."
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Redwulfe on (20:30:20/07-03-18)
Akuro replied with a small chuckle that cold warm the heart of even the hardest of killers. "Cowboy would like to note that, they did not contact Cowboy so you will need to secure his cut 15% for short notice.  He has instructed me to send you the files after you have been cleared to contact. Cowboy will stay out of contacting the others so their is less confusion in the process. He also says, Thank you for this, we will not forget you as you did not forget us."

After hanging up with Ban, Cowboy looks to Akuro and nods his head approving her to send the invite on her behalf. She bows slightly to him and then turns to walk to the kitchen as she beens a mass message to the runners she was sent by him.

"This is Akuro, Cowboy has asked me to contact you for a job that has a meeting that is in a few hours. He would like to greatly apologize for the rush that this puts you in and will understand if you are unavailable on such short notice. If you accept his proposal we will send you contact information and dossier to the face that will be representing you in the negotiation with the Johnson. This face is well known to us and his desecration is vouched for by cowboy himself."
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Marcus on (00:47:53/07-04-18)
The Rain poured down, Ace's windshield wipers ran on high attempting to keep the BMW's view clear, as Ace made his way across town, the sound system play "The Touch" from the Oldies Rock Stream. Ace paused the music and listened to message, and laughed to himself; Who knew the Shadows would require a resume? He was still getting used to the feel of his new wardrobe, having worn Paladin armor for so long it felt strange to be dressed in something totally different. The Sleeping Tiger might be en Vogue in the Shadows but wearing one was a very different experience from security armor.

He continued to cruise the streets, the music resuming, calling his skillwire interface, he accessed the skill database and started sorting through possible skills that could assist, secretarial? Didn't seem to fit, HR management now that sounded more like the ticket. He downloaded the option and activated the skills soft. Just like that he felt like he had good idea of what would be need for such a CV.

He switched the Car to Autopilot and composed a quickly response:

Ace-
Elven Augmented Violence Prevention Specialist and Professional Combatant.

Areas of Expertise:
Unarmed Combat (Skill Rating Exceptional)
Pistols (Skill Rating Professional)
Stealth (Above Average)
Driver (Above Average)
Professionally Grade Martial Artist
Special Abilities of Note: Skillwires, and access to skillwire network for rapid skill download.

Areas of Weakness:
Lacks any awakened talents.
Not a strong communicator
Extreme dislike and likely violent reaction against Humanis Poli Clubs.
Limitedly Restricting Personal Code.

Ace Finished the message by appending his Comcode and sent it off.

 Areas of weakness, probably a poor choice of words, honest may count for something but I need a better way to phrase that.

Calling up his PAN control, he googled and downloaded a raven image and attached the image to his broad cast ID.
Then pulling up a mapsoft he carefully made a rout that would get him on location a little over 40 mins early. Locking in the rout, he doubled check the Gridlink spoof chip was working and started paying close attention to his 6. No one wanted to be be the guy who showed up with an ambushed following behind. As anyone in his profession knew, truly skilled tracers runners could be very different to detect and even harder to shake. But over the course the next two hours, he made as sure as he could that he was clean, then turned and head back downtown, toward Lou's tattoo's. Upon reaching it, he a spent 20 mins, circling the local area,  checking for ambushes, another 20 mins finding a parking spot on the street down from the restaurant. After parking the BMW, he trigger the Kata Slide wirelessly. He had found it necessary to disable the wrist trigger as yet, it would take awhile to get up to to speed with the new gadget. When he trigger the slides on the bracers, and out came the colt coral snakes, and he put them in the glove compartment. Next he drew out A Ruger Superhawk, and Champion Cavalier, from their respective shoulder rigs, and slid them under the driver's seat. 

While he suspect many runner disobeyed the etiquette,  he knew showing up to the meet armed to teeth was contraindicated. Getting out of the car he walked once around the parameter carefully one last time, searching, cycling through Nightvision, and Thermal imaging seeking anyone who looked a little to threatening or interested at the meetup address, and at the exact time he walked in the tattoo parlor, Raven Icon active.
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Csjarrat on (15:30:36/07-04-18)
Ryu banked and weaved, the BF109E following closely but unable to draw a bead just yet. Sensing a moment, Ryu slammed the heavy stick to the left as the aeilorons screamed in protest and pulled up into a split S, making a dive for the cover of the cloud bank several hundred feet below.
A burst of tracer lashed the fuselage and he saw the 'schmitt was right on his tail.
Radioing to his wingman yielded no reply, the unit was dead. Jinking to the right, he caught sight of the antenna flapping furiously in the backdraft of the prop, limply hanging on in his rearview.
The 'schmitt pushed hard now, out-diving him, but it barely mattered as he banked the spit hard into the cloud, losing his assailant in the process.
Although his privacy mode was set to "on", the sender's priority level over-rode it and the message from Akuro filtered into his cockpit, pausing his game.
Flicking through the message he killed spitfire ace, tallied up the XP on the home screen and logged out, shaking off the VR rush and coming-to on the sofa in his flat.

He read and re-read the message before pinging back a reply.
//<<Yep, count me in, had nothing else planned and plenty of bills to pay. Do we need to be ready to go from the off or we got prep time?>>//

He'd never heard of Lou's tattoo's before and ran a cursory matrix search on it whilst booking an autotaxi on his fake SiN from around the other side of the block, casually flicking through the search results as they flicked up in AR.

He had a couple of hours to burn to get ready and get over there, opting to don the form fitting armour and his decent clothing, plus a hooded rain jacket and loaded up his running gear in prep for the run, wireless off for the time being.
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Marcus on (16:18:59/07-04-18)
Upon entering the Tattoo parlor, and seeing the female attendant, Ace nods respectfully, gives her, his second most charming smile. Saying  Thank you but I already have an appointment for Midnight. If you can direct me, it should be a small business meeting.  Once Buzzed through. Ace enters the room, nods respectful to each person present, finds a seat with his back to wall, sits down in silence and waits patiently for things to get started. He carefully maintains a neutral posture, keeping his hand visible, and clearly empty. Calling up his link, he downloads a several knowsofts on Tattoos and tattooing and attempts to cross reference any interesting data that might reveal.
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Redwulfe on (00:42:46/07-05-18)
Ryu receveid a message back very shortly after sending his. "We feel that it would be a safe assumption to be ready to run as the time frame for the meet was very short. We do not know the Johnson or job on this one but the contact that reached out to us is well known to cowboy and myself"
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: blackshade10 on (06:01:28/07-05-18)
Crow groaned awake as the AR call hit him, rubbing some hair out of his face as he looked at the message, opening the file and listening to it as he stared up at the ceiling.  He mentally sent back a sweet and short message to Akane.

"I'll take it." The response was short and curt, but hey, he was still waking up.  Slipping out of his bed- as quietly as possible so as not to wake up Sophie who was asleep under the covers next to him, he snatched his clothes, dressed, and slipped out the door after grabbing his gear. 

"You know I hate short notice like this, I'm probably not gonna have prep time." He threw back to Akuro and Cowboy, everything he sent in natively fluent Japanese.  It had a touch of light-hearted sass.

He hopped onto his Cyclops monocycle as the autopilot pulled it up next to him, sliding his milspec helmet on followed by his hood, the hood stiffening a bit as he revved the engine and tore off to the tattoo parlor.  Maybe if he hurried, he could get a spirit ready.  He had his machine pistol and his machete stored underneath the seat in the small store compartment, with his shock gloves firmly on.  He grabbed the dossier he had and forwarded it as requested.


Crimson Crow(Crim or Crow is fine.)
Spirit Summoner/Mundane Combatant

Talents:

Close Range(Unarmed and Blades)
Mid-Range(Automatics)
Stealth
Awakened(Aspected) - Capable of Astral observation and perception.
Personal Transportation/Novice Driver


Restrictions:

Child of the Morrigan- Will not harm Corvids, will not offend the Great Queen. 



After it was sent off, Crow turned on to the highway and raced down the road on his monocycle, enjoying the rush it gave him.  He wanted to get there early.  He bobbed and weaved between cars before sliding off onto an exit, driving by the Tattoo Parlor, eyeing it for a moment, circling the area and assensing everything he could see.  After he was relatively sure this wasn't an ambush, he found a place to stash the bike, stashed his helmet in the storage compartment with his machete and machine pistol, and slowly sauntered on over to the parlor, pulling his hood up to protect him from the rain, adjusting his scarf a bit. 

First priority was to find someplace quiet and out of the way to observe the parlor while he waited. 
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: eryrwyn on (11:44:41/07-05-18)
The young elf of mixed racial heritage moved through the crowd quickly, seemingly at random. He didn't want anyone to think he was there for any particular reason apart from just passing through. His eyes were, however, already fixed on his mark. The wealthy-looking gentleman was getting away from him... and he didn't like that even one bit. He had a job to do and debts to pay. He had it on good authority that the datastick the man was hiding contained secrets wanted by some... interested party. And Baron intended to acquire it. Sure, he could probably track him down later since he had already taken a look at the man's astral aura and committed it to memory. But why do it later when you can do it at this very moment? He reminded himself the teachings of the lwa. Live in the moment and seize the opportunity.

Whispering a prayer to the lwa under his breath, he looked about and realized that there were simply too many people here. He needed a distraction. The elf moved faster, maneuvering through the crowd as he closed in on his mark. His hand reached to his pockets filled with Fifth World coins. He wasn't even sure if they were worth anything. He usually used them as offerings for the lwa. Some lwa liked it shiny. Other times he used them for the other kind of magic that he did. More... mundane but equally difficult.

"Wanna see a magic trick?" he asked loudly at no one in particular... but he really was directing it at the man just passing him by. "A moment of your time," he added as he played with a coin in his fingers. Seeing the unwillingness on the man's face, he knew he needed to up his game. The coin found its way into the man's hands despite his protestations, while his other hand found and palmed the datastick. This... was not the best he could do but he was in a hurry. Normally, he'd have more preparation and would not force anyone to view his prestidigitation tricks. Normally he'd convince them with his honeyed words. But this time, that would have to do.

Astrally, Baron's aura faded and became in tune with the background count of the place, even as the mana flowed from his body into the man's mind, rewinding his perception of time. As the man was leaving, he looked at the coin in his palm, wondering where it came from. He had no recollection of getting it. Must have picked it up somewhere. No matter, he shrugged, as he continued on his way to his meeting.

Baron's commlink rang not a moment too soon. He was safely out of the crowd, having acquired what he needed. He clicked on the bracelet and his sound link relayed the message from Akuro. He remembered her. Pretty, intelligent, Cowboy's assistant. He didn't really know much about him, the guy seemed eccentric, but the word was he was trustworthy and could get good jobs. Jobs someone in debt desperately needed.

"Anything for my favourite fixer." Baron smiled in response as he sent the message.

Back at his place, he quickly stashed the datastick. Looking at his... spiritual workplace, he put a couple of shiny coins on the eerily syncretic altar as offering to the lwa. He sent a command to the commlink's speakers to play. The air was filled with his favourite, if a bit unorthodox, ritual music. Elias, or at least that's the name he was using nowadays, grabbed his gris-gris as he sang his prayers. "Oh great spirits, accept my sacrifice and look into my soul, bestow upon me your blessings one more time, for the times ahead so I could seize the day in your name and with your breath on my skin!"

His body danced with joy as his spirit felt a lower lwa entering his astral presence. A spirit of ancestors, surely, led here by his song. Elias smiled as he welcomed his astral guest. As always with beings such as these, he was polite, generous, almost deferential. After all, they were the ones controlling the fate of the world, so why wouldn't he?

His ritual done, he forwarded the dossier he had prepared earlier. It was definitely shorter and probably brever than the usual.

"Baron. Stage magician. Illusionist extraordinaire. Conjurer, both mundane and spiritual."

He wrote no lie, but he was always very careful with the information he let others know about himself. An intelligent person would be able to decipher the actual meaning of these descriptors. And shadowrunners didn't tend to be stupid. Or, at least, those who wanted to survive in the biz shouldn't be.

His appearance was just the usual Baron-style. An immaculately clean and elegant suit, with a white shirt, black vest, black trousers and black coat. He took his bag -- you never know when you need to put on some last minute changes to the persona. He checked his gris-gris, fingering its contents and thanking the lwa for it, then hid his houngan talisman under his shirt. He had prepared an improvised vessel for the spirit to possess... if there would be a need. He didn't really have the skills that a proper houngan or mambo usually possessed, but he did his best. The spirit he had summoned stayed on the astral plane, watching with interest what the little elf was up to. Just before going out, he grabbed two last parts of the masquerade. His mask that he put in the bag and his hat.

He arrived at the place a couple of minutes before the time. He would usually try to be earlier, but he needed to thank the lwa and ask for their assistance. His astral eye opened as he pierced the veil between the worlds and noticed the wards. Rather powerful for a place like this -- but that's precisely why they were probably going there for the meeting. Less of a chance it's going to be astrally breached and compromised.

Just before he entered the building, his fingers touched his bracelet as he downloaded a raven lwa icon and substituted his own with the new one. "Here for a meeting. Maybe you can direct me?" He smiled at the receptionist.
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: adzling on (19:55:21/07-05-18)
Counting crow, Ban, nee The Stranger, nee Clint Eastwood hung out on the opposite street corner to Lou's Tattoo's chewing on his imaginary Cigarillo while he watched the four metahumans bearing Black Raven AR icons over their heads enter the shop.

"Well ain't that dandy" the scowling human growled to himself in the light rain.

"a human, two farking daisy-eaters and a...<not sure what Ryu is?>. Counting me that's a whole passle o pointy ears in this pickup squad. Pity we didn't end up with a Trog, they make such great patsies if the drek hits the fan."

Shrugging to no-one he stepped lightly across the street, dabbing some Black Panther cologne behind his ears and on his wrist he then quickly popped a hit of Novacoke, which brought a huge shit-eating grin across his previously dour face. It took him a moment to get control of that but that was more routine than anything else. Mindset, it was all about mindset. And right now it was...

"Business time" he said to the aether, pushing open the door to Lou's tattoo's and heading straight towards the "backroom"

Entering the backroom he turned his head to quickly take in the small group assembled therein, "I reckon my murder is one short, I ordered five but I count four."
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Marcus on (22:16:12/07-05-18)
One of Ace's blonde eye brows rises as Ban Dolo walks in. He shrugs he's shoulders, crosses his arms over his chest and says  I hear some get lost in the rain.  Ace's suit is currently white with a black shirt and a white tie. His blonde short hair is highlighted with rainbow colors, and spiked. Eyes nearly the color of storm-clouds careful scans everyone one at the table, making eye contact with those willing and moving on from those who aren't. With this many Elves we can fake being a boy band *chuckling*.
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Csjarrat on (01:21:53/07-06-18)
The auto-taxi's ancient diesel engine clattered and spat as it navigated the climbs and twists to Lou's. Ryu flicked through the search results, apparently happy that the place seemed a good enough meeting spot. Powering off anything nonessential, he synced up his commlink and checked out Lou's in AR as the distance shrunk, more to pass the time and get a feel for the place than anything.
He hopped out into the rain a little way down the road, hood up, back pack on and geared to go.
After checking for tails from a sheltered doorway opposite Lou's he headed inside, flicking his icon over to a raven as he headed through the door.
"Evening, business meeting tonight, can you point me in the right direction?" He said as he got to the desk.
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Redwulfe on (01:50:46/07-06-18)
The woman behind the counter points tot he back and as ryu shuffles in Ban comes in shortly behind him.

The man in the suit looks up as Ban enters and counts those assembled. Unfortunately time is of the essence for me so you will have to fill your man in when you can. The johnson straghtens himself up and continues. The Oyabun has someone that he wishes to be found, he is willing to pay your kind for this service. The pay will be 50,000 Nuyen with a 5,000 Nuyen expense account for incidentals that you can use while on the job. Are you good with this?
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Csjarrat on (07:59:08/07-06-18)
assuming that the tight notice here means we're likely not the only ones looking for this "someone"? Also, any indication of the size/scope of the search? I mean, for example, cross borders would increase the risk and our cost somewhat, obviously.
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Marcus on (08:51:49/07-06-18)
Ace looks to Ban Dolo, trying to get read on his intentions. He shrugs and looks at the Johnson and asks  Alive or Dead?
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Redwulfe on (10:33:01/07-06-18)
Mr. Johnson looks at the group and shrugs, "Alive, this person is very special to the Oyabun and we do assume at this point they are less missing and more taken, We also assume you will face opposition to the persons recovery. however unless they are on extraterritorial grounds they should be in the city so a border crossing would not be necessary."
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: adzling on (10:41:52/07-06-18)
"Ok so this is personal for the Oyabun, got it. What can you tell us about the target, why they left the Oyabun's purview and who they're holed up with?"
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Redwulfe on (11:30:23/07-06-18)
"Do you accept the job? details will come after if we need to find alternate employ we do not wish personal information in the shadow's view. What I can tell you is the target is an ex-runner and their last seen location was a scene out of a horror trid. Their is one dead already and this must be moved on quickly. We do not know where or who they could be with or why, these are all things that we will need you for.
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: adzling on (12:27:41/07-06-18)
"ok pard' well I reckon less information about the posse's target means more dollars on the nose." Ban forced a frown (no small matter with the Novacoke streaming through his system).

"This is a last-minute gig, which will add 20% right there to your costs, no matter who you hire in this sprawl. Plus you already said the target's a favorite of the Oyabun, a runner, and was last seen knee-deep in something terrifying. Those three right there will up the price by themselves. If you can give us more info before we commit that might cut the price back down a bit"

<ooc> i'm waiting on the right time to roll my negotiation test ;-) <ooc>
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Jusenkyo on (12:51:26/07-06-18)
Avalanche was late, Getting the call while she was far away wasn't ideal, she couldn't afford a ride so she had had to walk there. That in on of itself wasn't actually a problem, the problem was that it had taken her this long to arrive at the tattoo parlor. She knew it was bad showing up like this but she didn't have much of a choice, she was low on cash for food and for a place to stay, she could deal with whatever Drek it would give her being a little late to the party.

Thankfully she had sent her 'resume' in ahead of time although her Drek equipment probably was just getting it to him.
Avalanche, Troll, Awakened (Adept), capable of astral perception, Sneaky, muscle
Sure it was short and simple, but that's all that people normally expected from a Troll.

She opened the door to the parlor Lou's was a nice enough place, while the gangers weren't there at least but she could ignore them. She knew who to ask, the woman behind the counter, although avalanche didn't say anything except "business" and waiting to be directed to where the others were or be told she was too late and they were already gone.

Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Marcus on (14:55:00/07-06-18)
ooc:Waits for the roll to complete.  Satisfied with Ban's good work, Ace nods,  Money being Right, I'm on board. As this is personal is Narcojet acceptable?
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Redwulfe on (18:32:24/07-06-18)
@Avalanche- The woman in behind the counter looks at the troll and directs him towards the back. they are already in session but you should be OK to enter I sent word you have arrived.

@Rest- The Johnson looks destracted for a second and then replies "Your companion has arrived. As for the Job, details are always fuzzy in the beginning and the price is appropriate. You accepted the meet on short notice so it must not be anything that put you out too much. As far as the Oyabun's favor, that is worth its weight in gold and anyone would rather have his favor than his eire, being in his debt is far less desirable than being in his favor. We do however apologize that we are placing you into something terrifying, but we where under the impression you were capable of handling that."
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: adzling on (20:25:03/07-06-18)
<ooc> 7 hits on negotiation test, about average for my dice pool of negotiation (bargaining) 22 for employers, did not use RYU to teamwork as he has 2 dice in his negotiation pool ;-) http://orokos.com/roll/640202

rerolling failures results in 5 more hits (again average for 15 dice)  http://orokos.com/roll/640203 hitting ban's limit of 12. take off employer's 1 hit and his net hits are 11! <ooc>
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Csjarrat on (04:23:48/07-07-18)
Ryu looks to the team and gives them the nod. He was in.
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: eryrwyn on (06:42:00/07-07-18)
The elf known as "Baron" was very interested in not only the words spoken by their employer, but also his body language, his social habits, the details behind the man, really. It was, after all, very interesting and, very often, needed in order to construct a proper persona at work. Not that he intended to imitate the man, no, but he could add some of these details he could spot to his future creations if he would need any inspiration.

There was, however, one part of the man that could not be changed. Not without proper spells, at least. As he listened to the conversation and left the speaking to his fellow elf -- the face that he was contacted about by Akuro -- he opened his astral eye to look at the man spiritually. It could come useful. Or not.
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Marcus on (11:34:32/07-07-18)
Ace has a thin smile  Time and our target are running, Chummers.  Looking to Eryrwyn, Crow and Avalanche,   In or Out?
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: eryrwyn on (12:15:18/07-07-18)
Baron smiles as he takes in their employer's astral form. Hearing his comrade's question-cum-comment, he is shaken from his reverie-like state. His smile not disappearing from his face, he says, "Couldn't miss it for the world."
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: blackshade10 on (12:45:34/07-07-18)
Crow's eyes had a similar look as the Baron's, focusing on their Johnson for a moment before looking to Ace. "I'm in." He looked to the Johnson. "Any details you have for us? Is our target Awakened?  Do they have any augmentations we should be aware of? Allergies? Phobias?  Medical concerns?  Sensitive emotional states?  Hostility?" He listed off a variety of questions with a sort of blase casualness.
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Jusenkyo on (15:41:59/07-07-18)
Avalanche didn't really have much to go on since she got there late, but that was fine she could get more details from just doing the job. "I'm in, She cracked her neck and knuckles to punctuate. She didn't bother asking additional questions, sounded like that was already being taken care of.
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Marcus on (10:49:28/07-08-18)
Ace shakes his head. Rolls his neck and looks around to everyone starting from Mr.Johnson.  Sitting here and playing 20 questions, I'm sure would be fun, but moving will get us further faster.  Send us your best intel on the target, names info on targets preferred contacts, friend and family, most likely opposition, and of course any actions or other assets already in the field we might encounter. We can read and talk while we drive. Looks to Ryu, can you rig up some kind of secure com net?  
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Redwulfe on (14:31:37/07-08-18)
Ichirou listens to the team and leans back in his chair a bit with a sigh. "75k with a 5,000 Nuyen expense account. This is the final offer."

Looking around he notes that this is acceptable tot he group and he moves taking there questions into account.

"The target is Kiku, the Oyabun's daughter. She is to be returned to the fold without harm and those responsible for her disappearance are to be noted and brought to us so that we may deal with them. She disappeared from her apartment near the university last night. according to the security guard that is no longer available for questioning, she arrived at the apartment last night with a companion and left alone and upset three hours later and was not scene again. Her apartment has been preserved without KE interference for your investigation. It has only been disturbed by our people. It is best you look at the location for yourself."

Ichirou adjusts himself a bit before continuing, many of the team noted that he choose his following words very carefully "Her acquaintance was found at the scene and has passed on to his final rest."

Looking at the team he resumes his previous callus demeanor. "Their is no video footage of the interior of the apartment for obvious reasons and for those same reasons discretion is required in your investigation."

Each of the team members receives a Invite for a Mark that appears in their feild of vision as Ichirou says. "This is a mark to get you into the apartment and past the front desk security. Security has been informed of their place and they have been motivated to not hamper you."

"If you have any other questions for me please let me know" Commcode: A70647E51D91 appears as a message from Ichirou to each of the team members comms. "If not you have the room for the next hour, it has been secured for you."
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Csjarrat on (15:34:01/07-08-18)
Ryu looks at ace with a quizzically raised eyebrow; Nothing online is ever truly secure, but I can babysit the comms with my kit to lend us some more protection.
He now mentally fired up his implanted deck and switched the loadout for a data-haul right Ryu, start with the obvious...social media, vlogs etc and began a trawl for her online presence.

Turning to Ichirou, Ryu spoke; "no longer available for questioning??" That as a punishment for failure or is he down to enemy action? Can you forward the external security footage and the dossier of the security guard? I'll make a start reviewing them as we travel.

Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Marcus on (15:51:05/07-08-18)
Ace chuckle as he stands up. While mentally activating the pick up function of his car.  I suspect it's more of an Object lesson. Never date the boss' Daughter. Out front he looks back  I can seat 4 total, anyone else bring a car?  A Black BMW 400GT, pulls up the in front of the parlor. Ace walks around and climbs in the driver door. The other three doors unlock.    Apartment first then? One more thing, I don't like missions with mixed objective, to me priority one is recover the Girl Alive. Everything else falls into a distant second. Everyone good with that?
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Csjarrat on (16:01:53/07-08-18)
Ryu heads towards the front passenger door.
Out of earshot of the meet Ryu spoke to ace,
I meant the guard, not her "pal". That guy's gonna be interesting... five nuyen says its something kinky gone wrong.
Shotgun. Yeah, works for me...
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Marcus on (17:21:24/07-08-18)
Ace stairs off in the distance for a second as he activates a map soft locks in the destination and waits for everyone to climb in before starting to drive.  The question that makes me nervous and no one mentioned. Presumably this young lady has full time security. If she came back alone, does that means she gave her body guards the the slip? Are they dead? And if she left alone, and upset, is she actually been grabbed or just making a run for it? I won't pretend to know much about the Yakuza, anyone know what their policy on leaving the organization is?
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Redwulfe on (18:39:46/07-08-18)
As Ryu asks Ichirou while leaving Ichirou replies, "The guard unfortunately is no longer living so he is unavailable to question."
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: adzling on (19:29:15/07-08-18)
Standing outside Ban joins the group's ad-hoc messaging network/ group chat.

Heyup posse, I posted all your resume's to the group chat so you can check each other out.
This is hopefully a quick one, as you can no doubt imagine the Oyabun has deep shadow connections and failing or farking up will bring shit down on us in torrents.
Ryu as Team Raven's decker can you see if you can grab the dorm's vid-feeds for the week?
I think we have a couple astral capable's onboard, you two can decide among you which one's gonna astral scout the Last Known Location.
Meanwhile Ace you seem to be the team chauffeur, you can take us to the L.K.L.
Avalanche, i'm guessing we're gonna need you before this over but seeing as your ass wont fit in Ace's car looks like your Johhny Cabbing it. Although we don't records pinning you to the L.K.L so you might wanna get dropped off a half mile away or so and hoof the last bit on foot.

Ok posse mount up, you got any input let's hear it en route.
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Csjarrat on (07:51:18/07-10-18)
Ryu clicks the belt in place and slips into the warm embrace of hotsim, speccing his deck for a deep data trawl with the usual data trail obfuscation running in the background.
He ran through the names and details from the social media finds and trawled the matrix for their corresponding personas, devices, files.. Anything he could get a fix on. Kiku's was likely to be dead/off/hidden otherwise the yak's would have found her already but it didn't hurt to try. The other kid could turn out to be a useful lead
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Marcus on (08:26:21/07-10-18)
Ace sits up sliding out the window and looks the those still outside.  Come on folks hop in, time's a wasting. Good Luck with the Cab Avalanche.

Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Marcus on (21:20:35/07-10-18)
/OOC Moving Ahead/

After everyone get in and buckles up, Ace puts the petal down. While driving Ace's suit quickly changes from white with black shirt, to a fair imitation of a black chauffeur's outfit though it lack any kind of hat. Ace drives careful but very quickly to the LKL. About a block away Ace slows way down he slips on an anti-blastic mask, and drives complete circle around the location immediate road net, careful observing carefully observing the build's exterior and immediate surroundings. While doing the circle Ace says careful not to put it on the net.  The more I keep thinking about it, the more I feel like this might be an inside Job. Any good mob must have plenty of soldiers, and at-least a couple of their top made men must be as good or better then us, and should be more trusted then even one of Cowboy's Posses. So if they are going outside the "family" or whatever Yakuza call it. There must be a reason. The part that bugs me, is everyone knows the smart money on children abduction is pay the ransom.You're a lot more likely to get a happy ending then rolling the dice violent retrieval. Which to me says that ransom isn't money.    After parking and unlocking the doors, Ace retries fours pistols and carefully holsters them, and removes and replaces the anti-ballistic mask.
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Csjarrat on (07:47:50/07-11-18)
\\team\\ok guys, starting to get some leads coming through from my matrix trawl. Kiku's social media is a bit sparse but she had a bit of a spat with a friend over a picture of her (file shared) showing her with *this* guy here (aro drawn around him on the picture). Done some digging; The name of the man in the photo is Kaito Tomizawa, son of Kosuke Tomizawa who is the Oyuban of the Kernan-Kai. They operate out of the Puyallup Barrens. Might be our deceased, or might be connected. Anyone got any contacts in the barrens who can verify?
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: adzling on (08:34:46/07-11-18)
Ban beams a huge-shit-eating-Novacoke-driven grin as he studies the photo of Kaito, then over the group chat; "Nice work Ryu!

I have a couple of requests, one, get me some audio of Kaito talking, the more the better, video of him walking or interacting would be superb. Two, can you crack the video feeds from the dorm and see who went in/ out of the target's room and the area around the block at the time of her disappearance?

Bonus request: pictures, video and audio of Kosuke Tomizawa might end up being very useful. Fit that one in when you can please.

Also, where's our astral scouts? What did you mage types find out from scouting the building? You did that while we were in transit right?"
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Marcus on (14:28:33/07-11-18)
Ace looks to Ban,  Two watchers across the way in the car, clearly been there for awhile, cars cold. Which means good odds they were here before we got the call. Could be Cops, could be Yaks? Ether might be a good lead. I can try and talk to them, but It's more in your wheel house then mine. You packing non-lethal, if it goes south?  If those are Yak they might be Made, and if not we don't want dead cops.

Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Csjarrat on (16:19:23/07-11-18)
\\team\\Got it...working on it....How we looking out there in meatspace??
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Marcus on (16:27:29/07-11-18)
Ace swaps back to the com.  We are just outside the LKL, but there some other watchers, sitting off to the side, I think the mages are doing their things, as they have both gotten very quite. Once they are back I expect we will go in and take a look. I think all is green at the present.
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: adzling on (16:34:38/07-11-18)
Thanks for the sit-rep ace, always a pleasure to work with pros. Ryu can you run a trace on their vehicle id? It might show us if their Johnny law or oyabun goons.
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Csjarrat on (17:12:26/07-11-18)
\\team\\hookay, lets see what we've got here then with this motor.... Keep moving, keep your eyes out for cameras covering good angles on the nearby buildings too.
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: blackshade10 on (20:45:12/07-11-18)
"Not all of us can project." Crow said over the coms, having taken his monocycle to the site.  "But now that I am on site... let us see what we can find.  I'm gonna be focusing mostly on the spirits and the Astral, I'll let you know what I find."  Crow pushed off his bike, which self-parked, and began to assense the area.


Crow found a quiet spot where he could lean against the wall, and observe the general area, while calling upon a spirit to help him out. "Come... The Chosen of the Morrigan seeks your aid..." He mumbled as he summoned a spirit.
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Csjarrat on (03:38:18/07-12-18)
OK, more deets; car occupants look yak to me. Kaito is our deceased, closed casket ceremony fits with the "grisly" death they said at the meet. Publicly announced ceremony.
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Marcus on (04:09:07/07-12-18)
 If the rival bosses kid is dead, and the main bosses daughter is grabbed.  I think the only way the timing on this makes any sense is these jokers are the rival boss goons looking for the response team. I'm guessing we don't look like the group they were expecting.
I don't think we have time to make'em talk. I'd go with Ban trying for the Con, and then we tranc'em. Hopefully by the time they wake up this all over. Thoughts?
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Csjarrat on (07:25:34/07-12-18)
I say clear it with ichiro, see if their his boys and get them to flash the headlights if so. No response, we know they're not friendly.
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: adzling on (10:48:28/07-12-18)
Good call Ryu. Did you get an voice feeds or video of Kaito?
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Csjarrat on (12:05:23/07-12-18)
 nope, kid's dead, can see what's still out there though. I'm sure there'll be something somewhere if its critical?
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: adzling on (12:10:06/07-12-18)
Maybe from his social feed or his friends? It's not essential so don't spend a lot of time on it.
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Marcus on (12:24:19/07-12-18)
 Anyone make that call?
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: adzling on (13:07:18/07-12-18)
Ban shoots Ichirou a picture of the two guys in the car "Ichirou-san, are these in your Gumi? If not they might be Tomizawa-Gumi boys, in which case mind if we take them out of circulation for a bit?"
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Redwulfe on (01:45:24/07-13-18)
Ichirou replies, "They are ours and will assist you if needed. We do not wish your investigation to be hampered by others that may look into the death of Kiku's guest. Those parties have been given word and orders that they still may disobey. emotions are a powerful motivator."
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Csjarrat on (07:38:37/07-13-18)
alright then chaps, time to go make friends.  
 
Ryu dropped into AR and stretched his legs in the passenger seat and came to. He checked his sidearm and hid it as best he could in the concealable holster before following the team out into the night
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Marcus on (16:44:49/07-13-18)
Ace pulling up his pan he reactive the wrist draw feature on the Kata Slide. Opens the car door, and climbs out.  Well if this is inside and Mr.J is wrong, better to let me go first.  Cranks the knuckles on one hand, and rolls his neck, and walks to wards the other car. Being Careful to approach across in plane sight. Walks up the drivers window, very read to fight incase there is a mistake.  Konbanwa  Shallow bow while never taking his eyes off the two men.
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: adzling on (18:33:22/07-13-18)
Ban flips his skin-tone to make it closer to Asian and quickly tweaks his epicanthal folds to make his eyes fit his skin-tone before stepping out Ace's car.

With his head on a swivel he scans the surroundings as he follows a couple steps behind Ace, waiting to see what the response is to his bow.
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Redwulfe on (11:57:45/07-15-18)
The window of the car rolls slowly down as Ace and Ban approach the two Japanese men watch as they get tot he car and ace bows slightly. The man in the drivers seat bows his head in response and then speak with a heavy Japanese accent "Ichirou said you would be coming, We have secured the entrance around the back for you to go inside. Kiku's apartment is on the top floor on the south west corner of the building, number 413. Door is unlocked for you."
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Marcus on (12:41:11/07-15-18)
Ace  bows slightly again and thanks him politely in accented Japanese, keeping his eye careful on the men, and he waits to see if Ban says anything. If he does Ace waits for the interaction to complete and waits for Ban  to head towards the house careful to cover Ban's back. He is careful to never turn his back to the two Gangsters, but attempts to do so while looking natural.

(OOC: Sorry Adzling I should has said waited for Ban to take whatever action he takes, and not have dicated Ban was moving towards the house.)
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: adzling on (12:56:07/07-15-18)
Ban eyes the two yaks in the car over Ace's shoulder, careful to capture their faces and voices on video.

As they respond to Ace Ban simply nods and throws up an AR icon of a neon arrow with chaselights running around the perimeter pointing towards the back entrance that only the team can see.
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: blackshade10 on (17:00:39/07-15-18)
Crow leaned back and continued assensing, turning to the Crow Spirit. "Search the area.  A young daughter of a crime lord has gone missing.  Her apartment is this building.  Please, search for clues as to who may have taken her, or been involved in such." He requested of the spirit.

((Using a task for it to use its Search power.  Crow sends a mental image of the girl, instructing the spirit to hunt down clues as to what direction she may have gone, and for any signs of Astral shenanigans.)
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Csjarrat on (07:51:04/07-16-18)
Ryu followed the team after bowing, following ace's lead. He monitored the search results in his AR overlay as he followed the team round the back, keeping an eye on the icons nearby
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Marcus on (11:06:32/07-16-18)
Ace makes his way towards the building, keeping an eye on access points and cameras. Retrieves and puts on a pair mirrored shades before reaching the door of the building.  Are we ready to go in?
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Csjarrat on (16:42:37/07-17-18)
Ryu tugs his hood against the cold and the rain and nods. Fucking freezing out here, let's get in and crack on
He follows ace inside and has a good look around
Title: Re: [IC} Black Trenchcoat - Out of the frying pan...
Post by: Marcus on (17:51:14/07-17-18)
Stepping inside the building Ace looks around for the security. Ready to show the given mark if need.