Shadowrun

Shadowrun Play => Play-by-Post => Topic started by: Tecumseh on (17:40:06/03-14-17)

Title: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (17:40:06/03-14-17)
Please post your sheets below, or a placeholder where you will later post your sheet. Do not post again until everyone has a post or placeholder up. You may continue to use the recruitment thread for discussion in the meantime.

Gingivitis has a useful narration aid. It includes some house rules, most of which we will be using because they plug holes in the written rules. See here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8awm1b59mt38hy6/Anarchy%20Narration%20Aid%20%26%20Ref.pdf?dl=0

House Rules
1) Assault Rifles are -2 at Near ranges. This is to provide a use-case for SMGs and machine pistols.
2) An individual piece of bioware and cyberware will never cost more than its base Essence, even if you upgrade it. Cyberarms will never cost more than 1 Essence, for example, no matter what their shadow amp level is. This is to provide mundane characters an equal opportunity to advance as Awakekend characters without being limited by Essence.
3) Spirits in the book are basically Prime Runners in terms of dice pools. They are now "Greater Spirits". Regular spirits will be the posted spirits with -2 to all attributes. Lesser spirits will be the posted spirits with -4 to all attributes. Everything else - armor, powers, etc. - will remain the same. Lesser spirits will resist summoning with 4 dice. Regular spirits will resist with 8 dice. Greater spirits will resist with 12 dice.

Rolls and OOC discussion go in this thread. Keep the IC thread neat and tidy with the narrative action. Don't put spoilers in the IC thread unless you're trying to accomplish something specific, like a message to a specific person. Alternatively you could PM them and CC me, but don't stress out too much about OOC/IC transference. We'll try to be realistic, but it's a game.

We'll use Orokos.com for dice rolling. If you don't have an account, now's the time. I regularly check dice rolls. If a dice roll needs to get adjusted, we'll usually just drop dice off the end of the roll. Exploit/Glitch dice will have to be rolled separately. List out your dice pool in the "Description" field, like "Agility 6 + Stealth 4 + Catlike 2". When the roll is complete, click the "bbcode" link just below the results. That will give you code that you can copy and paste directly here. It's very tidy. Here's an example:

Agility 6 + Stealth 4 + Catlike 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/496292): 12d6t5 4 hits

I add the word "hits" manually because I'm excessively orderly and fussy. You don't have to do so.

I will make a suggestion for "Table Talk" times: if you are concerned that your IC post might be ninja'd by someone else's IC post, especially if you're introducing new plots elements or directions, announce, in the OOC forum, that you are writing an IC post. Hopefully this will keep plot ninja'ing to a minimum.

Posting expectations: I will check the thread every weekday. The hope is that you do the same. You do not have to post every weekday, especially if the action is on someone else, but ideally you will be checking in daily.

If the IC action is specifically to you, you have 24 hours (again, weekends and holidays don't count) to either post ICly or asking clarifying questions OOCly. After that, you get another 24 hours. If you still haven't posted, we will move on and your character will pick his (or her) nose until you catch up.

If you go a week without posting (ICly or OOCly) and without telling me, you'll get a warning. If you go a second week without posting and without telling me, then your character will die ignominiously. "But Tec," I hear you saying, "What if I go on vacation? Or get deployed?" That's 100% fine, as long as you tell the group. Nothing rankles a PbP GM as unexplained disappearances. If you can't hack it, that's fine. Just announce your withdrawal and we'll figure out a heroic way for you to die, or to transition into your non-Wildcat life.

Gameplay
Anarchy is not an excuse to be pink mohawk. If anything, it's the opposite. Anarchy is actually more deadly than SR5 because armor doesn't continually soak. Armor is additional hit points, and once it's gone it's gone (until repaired). So your snazzy armor isn't soaking 4 boxes off every attack forever and ever. It soaks 12 boxes and then you might as well be in your soft, pink underwear. So have fun, because Wildcats are badass, but don't transcend to silliness. Rich, not gaudy.

Karma
Posts are the lifeblood of play-by-post. You will earn karma (or a fraction of a point, at least) with every single IC post. You earn additional karma through roleplaying, acting in character, using your cues, making people laugh, advancing the plot, etc.

Things to expect from me
1) Pretentious literary allusions;
2) Dry wit; and,
3) I will not try to kill your character, but nor am I trying to save you.

Things not to expect from me
A) Realistic knowledge of the military;
B) Realistic knowledge of Midwestern geography, other than what I learn on Google Maps; and,
C) Realistic knowledge about Sioux culture.

These are my preferred text formats, but I am not dogmatic about it as long as it's clear what you're trying to do:
"This is verbal speech."
This is my internal monologue. Cogito, ergo sum.
<<This is Matrix or DNI communication.>>
This is astral communication, should it come up.
If you want to speak subvocally, you can choose another color or just make it clear that's what you're doing with regular speech.

Post your sheets now. Let me know if you have any questions.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (17:46:51/03-14-17)
Name: CPT Chante Wapun
Tribe: Lakota
Tags: Elf, Natural Leader, Mage, Gunbunny
Cues: "They aren't 'assets', they're people."  "If you want the tribe to follow, you've got to get in front."  "You think I'll fall on my face, I'd rather knock you on your ass."  "It's go time."  "It won't stay dawn forever."

Attributes
STR: 5
AGI: 7
WIL: 6
LOG: 3
CHA: 6
Edge: 6

Condition Monitors
Physical: 11
Stun: 11
Armor: 12

Skills
(AGI) Athletics: 2
(AGI) Close Combat (Tomahawks): 6 (8)
(AGI) Projectile Weapons: 5
(AGI) Firearms: 5
(AGI) Heavy Weapons: 2
(AGI) Vehicle Weapons: 2
(AGI) Stealth: 2
(AGI) Pilot (Ground): 2
(AGI) Pilot (Other): 2
(AGI) Escape artist: 2
(WIL) Conjuring: 3
(WIL) Sorcery: 5
(WIL) Astral Combat: 2
(WIL) Survival: 2
(LOG) Biotech: 2
(LOG) Hacking: 2
(LOG) Electronics: 2
(LOG) Engineering: 2
(LOG) Tracking: 2
(CHA) Con: 2
(CHA) Intimidation: 2
(CHA) Negotiation: 2
(CHA) Disguise: 2

Knowledge: Astral Topography
Languages: English, Plains Sign Language, Lakota

Shadow Amps
Natural Leader (3): Gift Plot Points or Edge to other Players, Direct - Expanded Teamwork Tests (distance, combat)
Buff Magic (2): Increase Reflexes: Gain 1 Attack
Illusion (2): Invisibility
Mentalism (1): Hypnotic Suggestion
Weapon Foci (1): Paired Tomahawks
Sustaining Foci (2): Allows sustaining of a second spell
Ally Spirit (0): None - Placeholder

Positive Qualities
Ambidextrous
Indomitable: Blades
Lucky: +1 Edge

Negative Qualities
SINner (Sioux Nation)
Warrior's Code

Gear

Medkit
Plastic Restraints (50)
Ares Assault Scan 1502p (Rating 6 Sensor array)
Survival Kit
Climbing Gear

Weapons:

Close: Cavalier Arms Tomahawk (Paired)
Long: Ares Alpha w/ Flashbangs (Motion Sensor)

Vehicles and Drones

None

Contacts:

Paytah 'Peter' Venom-Spitter Tiošpaye Smuggler - a Coyote that runs between the Sioux Nation and UCAS
George Shambling Bear Bear Shaman - a venerable bear shaman
COL Zuya Yellow Spear SDF Officer - A well connected and decorated Officer, on the short list for War Chief.

Background
[spoiler]
Roughly translated to 'Dawn of my Heart', Chante still bears her adolescent name, given to her by her father.  The time hasn't come to change, though that's something she hopes will come soon.  Choosing to stay on after her eventful conscription, Chante's skills and natural charm placed her as a Cadet and she graduated near the head of her class.  She fast tracked to Captain and applied for the rigorous training that would make her one of the infamous Wildcats.  Pushing through the training through sheer force of will, she was recently inducted into their ranks.
[/spoiler]

Common Rolls:
Tomahawks Melee: AGI (7) + Close Combat (6) + Specialization (2) + Qualities (4) = 19 dice 7P  Close only
Tomahawks Thrown: AGI (7) + Projectile Weapons (5) = 12 dice 6P -2@Near Range
Flashbangs Heavy: AGI (7) + Heavy (2) = 9 dice 8S Close and Near OK
Ares Alpha: AGI (7) + Firearms (5) = 12 dice. 8P -2@Far Range
Underbarrel: AGI (7) + Heavy (2) = 9 dice.  12P
Sorcery: WILL (6) + Sorcery (5) = 11 dice.
Summon: WILL (6) + Conjuring (3) = 9 dice.
Perception: LOG (4) + WILL (6) = 10 dice.

Karma: 7

1 Karma - Weapon Foci [Amp Level 1]
2 Karma - Close Combat (Tomahawks) specialization
3 Karma - Sustaining Focus [Amp Level 2]
6 Total Karma

1 Karma in the Bank
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (18:29:21/03-14-17)
Name: Shiriki Looney
Tribe: Pawnee
Tags: Elf, Rigger, Decker
Cues: "Strap in, shut up, hold on."  "With all due respect, sir, I got cyberware older'n you."  "You wanna be right, or you wanna win?"  "MARKs are for chumps.  Crack it, smack it, move on with your life."  "If you plant ice, you're going to harvest wind."  "I ever tell you about the time I met Daniel Howling Coyote?"

Attributes
STR: 4
AGI: 8
WIL: 6
LOG: 6 (7)
CHA: 3
Edge: 2
Essence: 0.5

Condition Monitors
Physical: 0/10
Stun: 0/11

Skills
(AGI) Athletics: 2
(AGI) Close Combat: 2
(AGI) Projectile Weapons: 2
(AGI) Firearms: 2
(AGI) Heavy Weapons: 2
(AGI) Vehicle Weapons: 6 (Assault Rifles)
(AGI) Stealth: 3
(AGI) Pilot (Ground): 3
(AGI) Pilot (Other): 5
(AGI) Escape artist: 2
(WIL) Survival: 2
(LOG) Biotech: 2
(LOG) Hacking: 5
(LOG) Electronics: 2
(LOG) Engineering: 3
(LOG) Tracking: 2
(CHA) Con: 2
(CHA) Intimidation: 2
(CHA) Negotiation: 2
(CHA) Disguise: 2

Knowledge: N. American History
Languages: English, Plains Sign Language, Pawnee

Shadow Amps
Cerebral Booster (3): +1 re-roll LOG related tests = +1 LOG tests
Control Rig 1 (2): +1 Vehicle test, +1 Reroll = +2 Vehicle tests
Datajack (1): Access Matrix in VR
Wired Reflexes 2 (3): +1 Attack, +1 Plot Point per Scene
Custom Gun Drones 2 (3): +2 Attacks/Movement with Gun Drones
Smartlink (2): +1 to Firearms rolls

Positive Qualities
Combat Pilot: +2 dice on Piloting (Other) tests
Exceptional Attribute (AGI): AGI capped at 8 instead of 7
Lucky: +1 Edge

Negative Qualities
SINner (Sioux Nation)
Phobia: Para-critters


Gear
Area Jammer
Maglock Passkey
Satellite Uplink
Medicine Bag
Repair Kit

Weapons:
Close: Survival Knife
Side: Ares Predator III
Long: Drone Machine Gun

Vehicles and Drones

MCT-Nissan Rotodrone
+ A: 9, D: 10
+ Assault Rifle 8P Close: OK Near: OK Far: -2

MCT Fly Spy (X2)
+A: 5, D: 4

Contacts

Buddy LaCroix -- An airfield tower operator, Buddy knows who and what is coming into and going from the base in Cheyenne at all hours.  Want to take a girl out for a midnight run, and impress her with your piloting skills?  Buddy can make that happen, and make sure it never hits the books.

Eliza Ashton -- she's ok for an anglo.  Almost.  Shiriki is a widower, and his wife will always have his heart, but Eliza's good for a game of darts and a few gallons of beer.  Maybe people open up around her because she's got no pull, or maybe it's because she just has a way of making them feel at ease, but if there's dirt to be found on anyone, chances are she knows about it.  Probably no telling if it's true, though.

Margueritte White Owl -- Shiriki's fairly certain this one's a smuggler, and she must be damn good at her job too because he's never had the pleasure of trashing one of her crafts.  They mostly know each other from round-the-way, but they really become friends over a pilot sim down at the local watering hole.  Right now she's got the high score.  That gets in his craw about as bad as anything, but if someone's gonna best him, he's glad it's Margueritte. 

Background
[spoiler]
Shiriki's parents were displaced in 2009 when the US government seized all native lands.  Oil and gas interests had long been a fixture on the Pawnee reservation, even more so after the Resource Rush begins in 2000, but for Shiriki's already politicized parents, this is the final straw and they travel north to South Dakota to become soldiers for the Sovereign American Indian Movement.

Shiriki is born in 2013, one of the earliest UGE babies.  He is given a suitably nationalistic name.  Due to his metatype and the rise of magic, Shiriki's parents have very high hopes for him becoming a shaman.

2017, Shiriki's mother dies in the Great Ghost Dance.  This is a great source of pride for Shiriki, as the Pawnee were also involved in the Ghost Dance of 1890.  Of course, for a four-year-old, the only thing he cared about at the time was the fact that he lost his mom.  The following year, when the Treaty of Denver is signed, Shiriki and his father move to the newly formed SSC and settle in Boise.

By 2029 Shiriki is 16 years-old and still hasn't Awakened.  This is a major blow to him, as it seems as though he will never be able to live up to, or repay the image of his powerful and self-sacrificing mother.  He is very mechanically and technically inclined, however, and seeks refuge on the burgeoning matrix whenever possible, as it's the one place where he feels capable and in control.  I think you see where this is going.  When the crash hits, Shiriki takes it very hard, and in the crumbling world around him he sees little of the optimism and promise of his youth.  He leaves home and travels west to the Sinsearach lands, thinking he might find a home among his own "kind." 

By 2032 infighting in the Sinsearach, the primacy placed on magic users there, and a sort of imagined elvish cosmology that breaks with tribal traditions does little to assuage Shiriki's feelings of alienation.  Disenchanted, he takes to a life on the road.

2034, Shiriki has taken work as a dirigible pilot between the SSC and the Sioux Nation.  When Aztlan invades Texas, he thinks that things are likely to heat up soon.  Since the Sioux Nation has always been at the forefront of protecting native interests, Shiriki petitions to join the Sioux military in exchange for citizenship.  His application is accepted.  Of course, the NAN refuses to step in, the Azzies withdraw from the NAN, but Shiriki's military career begins.

2050, with the advent of the first keyboard-sized cyberdecks, Shiriki gets his first piece of headware.  Simsense increases his capabilities as an intelligence officer on larger aircrafts, but Shiriki soon discovers the less legal joys of simsense soon after.

2054, Shiriki becomes a drone rigger for the Sioux military, primarily working from the capital city of Cheyenne.  The bigger city placement, combined with the more sedentary job exacerbates his addiction to simsense.

2060, Shiriki is relocated with a Sioux military contingent outside of Seattle in response to UCAS buildup there related to the Renraku Arcology disaster.  The more spartan accommodations, the smell of war, and the brotherhood of warriors inspires Shiriki to kick his BTL habit, invest more strongly in his physical health, and throw himself into his work.  The war never starts, but his better habits take root.

2065, Shiriki is assigned to an active SDF unit  based out of Rapid City.  For the next few years he spends weeks at a time out on patrols where he is the senior intelligence officer, tasked primarily with spotting and then shooting down smuggler's crafts.  He repeatedly applies to Wildcat school, and is repeatedly denied.

2070, with the new Wireless matrix, Shiriki upgrades his ware and volunteers for testing the new tech's military application.  Thankfully, he doesn't fry his brain.

2072, Shiriki is offered an instructor's position in the SDF.  He accepts a 4 year term with the understanding that his Wildcat application will be reviewed upon completion.

2076ish, Shiriki is accepted in the Wildcats.
[/spoiler]

Common Rolls:
Initiative: Prime Runner (8) + Wired Reflexes 2 (1) = 9 dice.
Meat Body Shooting: AGI (8) + Firearms (2) + Smartlink (1) = 11 dice.  2 Attacks per Narration (Wired Reflexes 2)
Meat Body Defense: AGI (8) + LOG (6) + Cerebral Booster (1)  = 15 dice.
Drone Shooting: AGI (8) + Vehicle Weapons (6) + Assault Rifle Spec (2) + Control Rig (2) + VR (1) + Smartlink (1) = 20 dice.  3 Attacks per Narration (Wired Reflexes 2, Control Rig 1)
Drone Defense: AGI (8) + LOG (6) + Cerebral booster (1) + Control Rig (2) + Combat Pilot (2) + VR (1) = 20 dice.
Drone Piloting: AGI (8) + Pilot (5) + Control Rig (2) + Combat Pilot (2) + VR (1) = 18 dice.
Drone Stealth: AGI (8) + Stealth (3) + Control Rig (2) + Combat Pilot (2) + VR (1) = 16 dice.
Hacking: LOG (6) + Hacking (5) + Cerebral Booster (1) + VR (1) = 13 dice.
Hacking Defense: LOG (6) + Cerebral Booster (1) = 7 dice.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (20:02:50/03-14-17)
Swoopy (let me know if emergency PC requirements need a character change before go time; I like that Anarchy characters can be brewed in a few minutes)

Name: Dave “Swoopy” Rybacki
Tags CSAR, Stoic, First time with the cats
Cues “Not dead yet.” “WHY are we letting them know we’re here?” “Ok, so explain this to me…”


Concept: Dave has worked with the Sioux nations Combat Search and Rescue as an operator for four years now. While pilot rescue is CSAR’s primary job, it is not uncommon for guys to be seconded over to the wildcats where they serve as impromptu field medics, personnel recovery specialists, and just as importantly, people who understand that air stuff a bit better than the typical ground pounder. As fewer and fewer Sioux manned aircraft are going down in contested area, there has been a big push by the CSAR community to remain relevant – and funded. Dave is part of a recent wave of CSAR operators assigned to the wildcats as specialist support; a joint course on radars he took to speed up promotion two years back flagged in his file and is coming to bite him in the ass now… 

Human (+1 Skill, +1 Edge)

Base Attributes
STR 5
AGI 5
WIL 5
LOG 5
CHA 5
EDGE: 3

P Track 0/12
S Track 0/12

SKILLS

(AGI) Athletics: 4
(AGI) Close Combat: 2
(AGI) Projectile Weapons: 2
(AGI) Firearms: 4
(AGI) Heavy Weapons: 2
(AGI) Vehicle Weapons: 2
(AGI) Stealth: 5
(AGI) Pilot (Ground): 2
(AGI) Pilot (Other): 2
(AGI) Escape artist: 2
(WIL) Survival: 4 (Short Term – 6)
(LOG) Biotech: 5 (Trauma Care - 7)
(LOG) Hacking: 2
(LOG) Electronics: 2
(LOG) Engineering: 2
(LOG) Tracking: 2 (Metahuman – 4)
(CHA) Con: 2
(CHA) Intimidation: 2
(CHA) Negotiation: 2
(CHA) Disguise: 2

Knowledge:
Personnel Recovery; Crisis Psychology…and 80 hours of matrix learning on air search radars…

Languages: Standard

AMPS
Synaptic Booster 2 (4) - +1 ATK, + 1 PP
Fine Motor Muscle Steadying (uses ‘Bioware Arms”) 2 (4) – Re-roll 2x AGI dice IF related to hand-eye coordination…no say, somersaults
Chameleon Suit Upgrade (2) – Re-Roll 2x Stealth
Synthacardium (3) – Re-Roll 1x Athletics
+ 1 Edge

QUALITIES

Positive

Tough – Resist 1 extra damage
Guts – Re-roll 2 dice to resist fear/intimidation/etc.

Negative

Sioux Sinner

Bias against Emission (not taking a positive, just like the idea): Requires WIL+LOG test (GM difficulty) to turn on emitting tech. On the modern battlefield, turning on your cyberware outside friendly EW coverage means you’re found almost immediately by enemy EM searches, and the shells are going to come shortly thereafter. Since pilot recovery is almost always outside friendly EW coverage and inside the enemy search zone – lets just say the CSAR types have a mantra against it.

Gear
Burst transmission link
Air/Ground Marking and Designation Kit
Multi-Tool Cutting Bar/Door Punch
Signature Suppressant FAB spray
The Best Damn Packet of SERE Information in the target area that his old friends could provide.

Weapons
Knife
Browning Hi-Power w/ Detachable silencer
Colt M23 w/ Detachable silencer

Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Pap Renvela on (03:08:34/03-15-17)
Ité YeyΆ (Hurls-at-the-Face)                 
Wildcat Combat Decker
Sioux Nation, Lakota Tribe, Itázipčho Band (aka Sans Arcs: "without bows")   
Male Troll 2.2m 280kg             
                 
STR 9 AGI 5 WIL5 LOG 5 CHA 3 EDG 6                 
                 
Dispositions                 
When in doubt, hack the world.                 
If hacking don't work, smashing in his face does wonders.                 
Wankan Tanka, Widcats, Country.               
                 
Skils                 
Close Combat 3 DP8                 
Electronics 6 DP 11 (+1 Matrix action)                 
Hacking[Computer Hacking] 6[+2] DP14[16]                 
Knowledge: Language: Or'zet, Plains Sign Language, Lakota.                 
Other, non-magic/resonance: 2 DP varies                 
Projectile Weapons 6 DP 11     
                 
Shadowamps [Essence 5]                 
^Datajack and Headware (Amp Level 1): May access the                 
Matrix via full VR, +1 die to Matrix actions. –1 Essence                 
^Fairlight Excalibur(Amp Level 4): May reroll 2 dice on Matrix                 
actions, Firewall +3, Matrix Condition Monitor 12, may                 
run 2 programs at a time.                   
^Biofeedback (program) (Amp Level 2): Deal Cybercombat                 
damage to your opponent’s physical or Matrix                 
condition monitors.                 
^Exploit (program) (Amp Level 2): May reroll two dice on                 
non-Cybercombat hacking tests.             
                 
Cues                 
We'll see who's ugly after I smash in your face.                 
The Great Mysteries and technology have created somethin' perfect. Me.                 
I'm an artist and my canvas is the Matrix. Don't rush me.                 
Alright, alright! I'm hurryin'.                 
Nothin' a good grenade toss can't fix.                 
I'm givin' her all she's got.                 
Sure I can pronounce a 'g', don't mean I have to.                 
                 
Qualities                 
Negative: Sinner(Sioux Nation)                 
Negative: Phobia(Arachnids)                 
Positive: Codeslinger (+2 dice to Hacking Tests)                 
Positive: Catlike (+2 dice stealth tests)                 
Positive: Indomitable (Projectile Weapons)                 
When attacking with projectile weapons may reroll exactly 2 dice.             
                 
Weapons                 
Katana 8P                 
Bow & Arrow 6P Close -2 Near Ok Far -2                 
Stun Grenades 8S Close Ok* Near Ok* Far N/A                 
                 
Armor 15 (12 + 3 Natural)                 
PhyMon 13                 
StunMon 11                 
                 
Gear                 
Electronic Toolkit                 
Flashpak                 
Smoke Grenades                 
Area Signal Jammer
Satellite link           
                 
Contacts                 
Sitting Woman, Sioux Shaman                 
Eddie Crazy Fox, Decker/Info-Broker     
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (06:31:41/03-15-17)
Without further ado, introducing Daniel Danyes aka Dancer or Dan-Dan.

Str 6
Agi 6
Wil 4
Log 6
Cha 3
Edge 6

Physical 12
Stun 10

Athletics 4
Close combat 4
Firearms 2
Heavy weapons 2
Vehicle weapons 2
Stealth 4
Pilot 2
Escape artist 2
Gymnastics 5

Survival 3

Biotech 6 (medicine 9)
Hacking 2
Electronics 2
Engineering 2
Tracking 2

Con 2
Intimidation 2
Negotiation 2
Disguise 2

Knowledge, Medicine
Language, English, Plains sign language, Dakota

Shadow Amps
Awakened (2)
Foci (2) - long knife
Edge (2)
Adept movement (4), traceless walk, wall running, light body
Improved reflexes (3)
Blackberry familiar "Mogwai", with phantasm (3)

Positive qualities
Mentor Spirit (lynx - cat), stealth
Catlike
Gifted healer

Negative qualities
SINer (Sioux nation)
Did you just call me dumb?

Gear
Medi kit
Thieves tools: mundane lock picks, spool of wire, pouches of sand and grit (various coarseness), 100m of silk rope, skeleton keys, bag of holding and a 12ft collapsible pole.

Weapons
Close, cougar fineblade short
Side, Ares Predator V
Long, Ares Alpha

Karma spent: 8 karma

Blackberry "Mogwai" familiar, with phantasm, 3 karma (kitten)
Increase medicine specialism 1, 2 karma
Increase improved reflexes 1, 3 karma

Cues
I wonder what the blue pill does, I need a "volunteer"?
Open wide
This won't hurt me a bit
Let's 'dance'
My card is full right now
Pass me the bone saw please, no the big one...
Family is blood
I'm afraid I've taken the Hypocritical Oath
A good surgeon carries a sharp knife
I wouldn't want to get blood on it
I'm sure we can operate to make you at least a little smarter
Curiosity killed the cat, information made him fat.

Contacts
"Bird" Danyes, Sioux colonel (regulars)
Fagan, Cat mentor - fence and talismonger
Professor, Ike Richmond, medical school lecturer and awakened physician

Name: Daniel "Dancer" Danyes. (Dan-Dan).
Tribe: Dakota
Tags: Physical Adept, human, cat, medic.

Background: the 5th of 6 boys (1 younger sisyer), Dan grew up in a comfortable, if not extravagant lower middle class neighbourhood in downtown Cheyene. His mother (thunderbird) owns a dojo (various)/dance gym (ballet) and his father (Wolf and former park ranger) runs a climbing, trekking company where he takes tourists into the wilderness. Both parents are awakened adepts and are respected if not wealthy members of the community. His eldest brother is mundane but joined the army anyway; whilst the next is a shaman, following Eagle, the only one in the family. His next brother (mundane) fled the family and joined Shiawase as a researcher of some kind. The next brother is a Dancer and adept of Seducer. His younger brother is at college and a mystic adept of cat whilst his younger sister is an adept of cat and at school. Danyes did well at school and college (pre-med) but couldn't afford to pursue the medical career he dreamed of (with so many siblings). Fortunately, he soon won a scholarship to the University of Cheyene for acrobatics. Unfortunately, a year into the programme the funding was pulled. He was approached by the military who agreed to fund the rest of his course in return for military service afterwards and training during off terms. It's likely his brother pulled strings, though the deal is by no means unusual. A follower of cat, after he graduated and joined the military full time he was soon hit up to join the wildcats as an adept. Having recently completed his specialist training, he intends to see out his term and pursue his medical career.

Following a recent mission into the heart of the UCAS, Dan-Dan rescued a kitten which was orphaned during a firefight, where at least three elementals contributed to the deaths of the litter. The ball of Fur seems to have adopted Dan as its mother. Dan has named her "Mogwai".
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (10:26:16/03-15-17)
 Placeholders are up. OOC posting may begin.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (12:23:55/03-15-17)
So, what ranks is everybody playing? (Keeping in mind the rank structure I posted here (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=25704.msg483754#msg483754))
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (14:08:43/03-15-17)
Well Danyes served in the reserves whilst attending medical school then went into the regulars after graduation and training with a technical background but has just joined the wildcats, so I'd go with SSG I think if theirs no LT about.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Pap Renvela on (16:32:01/03-15-17)
Well Danyes served in the reserves whilst attending medical school then went into the regulars after graduation and training with a technical background but has just joined the wildcats, so I'd go with SSG I think if theirs no LT about.

With a Biotech[Medicine] 6[8], you're at least an RN if not a nurse practitioner.
That means you'd have a rank of at least 01 (2nd Lt) if not 02 (1st Lt).
If you were in the reserves while getting the nurses degree, then you were an enlisted grade at some point which means you would be 01E or O2E  (which just means you were enlisted grade prior to being officer grade and have a bonus to your salary depending on how many years you were enlisted grade).

@Jade Moon: I'm going o assume I was a EW specialist prior to joining the Wildcats and am still an E5, Sgt.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (17:07:56/03-15-17)
That's not necessarily true.

While a biotech skill of 6[8] could mean RN (hell, I might even call that an MD), it's absolutely possible, especially with advanced medical training for Spec Ops to have that high of a skill level and not be an RN.

What I will note is that you don't have medical officers in Spec Ops who do field work.  But your Special Forces Medical Specialist (18D) are enlisted personnel who are expected to:


An experienced 18D (E7) could ostensibly have as much trauma training and knowledge as an RN and not actually be one.

There's lots of reasons why someone who had formal medical training didn't go the RN route and ended up an 18D...

That said, this is Shadowrun-land and I'm not going to get super hung up if Danyes is a 2LT or 1LT or whatever.  It's not possible in our real-world Spec Ops 18 Series, but with the Sioux wildcats?  *shrug*

That said, I'll quickly go over the current Special Forces job titles:

18A  - Special Forces Officer
180A - SF Warrant Officer
18B - SF Weapons Sergeant
18C - SF Engineer
18D - SF Medical Sergeant
18E - SF Communications Sergeant
18F - SF Assistant Operations and Intel Sergeant

18Z - SF Senior Sergeant - an SF Sergeant Major, usually not on field teams anymore.

By the by, if all this is too much, let me know, I don't mean to bore folks with extranneous military information.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (18:11:42/03-15-17)
Char sheet is updated and placed.  @Tec, will Smartlinks work on drones?

On the command structure side of things, Shiriki joined the SDF in 2034, so he's a 41-year veteran of the military, though he wasn't accepted into the Wildcats until the game year.  I'm also playing it as Shiriki's tribal affiliation -- Pawnee -- has mainly left the door closed on a lot of career advancement.  He just doesn't have the necessary suction.

Weapons Specialist may be the best fit for him.

Day job is still keeping me busy, but I should be finishing up with this time-sink project shortly.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Pap Renvela on (18:41:36/03-15-17)
@Jade Moon.
while I can see special ops corpsmen having that kind of knowledge without being an RN- he indicated he went to college and then post-graduate.
So it's hard not seeing him as an officer.
But it's his background and he should go with it however he feels it should be.

Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (19:22:50/03-15-17)
It's a dissonance. If we're taking 'reality' into account, it's hard to see him as not an RN for you, due to the education, and it's hard to see an RN Officer on a field team in Spec Ops, for me, because that just doesn't exist...

But ultimately, I agree with you that he should decide however he wants, because this isn't our reality, this is a fictitious future reality and the organization in questions isn't even the one I'm talking about.  If he goes 2LT and he's an RN and not just a combat medic, then that becomes our canon, no?

Edited to clarify my statements, which were made in a rush
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (00:03:17/03-16-17)
@rednblack, short answer: smartguns on drones need to be a separate amp.

Longer answer: I said drones don't need to be amps to make them a better analogue for spirits, but if you want to improve your drones' performance you'll have to spend some karma to upgrade your shadow amps. You could either upgrade your control rig or your existing smartgun amp to cover smartlinks.

@Everyone, go ahead and get your IC questions in, if any. If not, I may kick things along tomorrow evening.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (04:49:41/03-16-17)
The background as written would make him a MD, though a very junior one, FY2. Going on the British model he'd be a cadet (non-commissioned) whilst in the reserves then an officer after training and graduation. Not sure how that translates to special forces. I think following the starship troopers model could work, where he has a substantive rank of 1st Lt but takes a temporary and voluntary drop in rank to join the special forces to advance his later career. This would make him one ambitious puppy. Of course, it could be easier to simply make him a RN.

He wouldn't have specialised yet.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (18:22:09/03-16-17)
@ Tec: Modified the sheet per your LFG section post.

@ Jayde: Lets assume Swoopy is whatever mix of air force and Sioux makes a roughly E6 equivalent. 
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (20:03:08/03-16-17)
Really dynamite IC posts, everyone. We're off to a great start.

I'm not hearing any questions so we can move long to next steps:

Finalize gear
You don't have to specifically "take" standard gear, like your wingsuit or commlinks or explosives. You do need to assign gear slots to things like med kits or armor repair kits. Rednblack's choices - Area Jammer, Maglock Passkey, Satellite Uplink - are fantastic options of the types of things you wouldn't have by default but would be smart to bring. If you're unsure about what you might have by default, just ask.

Finalize weapons
Most of you already have this done, but if you want to tweak it you can.

Summon a spirit
@Jayde, go ahead and summon an air spirit, per your orders, and do the roll to resist.

On that last night, in the spirit of Anarchy and to keep things moving, I'm going to give you all broad authority to roll both sides of an encounter. Jayde, Glorious, and rednblack are all GMs, and Pap's posts suggest some experience there too, or at least enough educated opinions to imply experience.

If you're shooting a dude and aren't sure how many dice to roll, 8 is a decent default. If you think the situation might be harder or easier than usual, add or subtract 2 (or 4) at your discretion. If you're not comfortable deciding, you can either punt it back to me or you can roll a large number of dice (say 12) and let me count out the hits from the number of dice that I think is appropriate for the opposition.

This will keep progress moving forward, since you can ICly post the results of your roll without waiting for my official adjudication. I'll step in if I see things migrating too far in either direction.

In the same vein, you'll note that rednblack has filled in some details that I left ambiguous. Colonel Howling Bear is giving the briefing, is a pipsqueak, and spends too much time on the politics. Is that all kosher? Abso-fucking-lutely yes. This is a shared narrative and I don't want to lay down IC posts the length of the Bible to try to paint all the details for you. Besides, it sounds like I'm on the shallow end of the spectrum when it comes to experience in matters such as these, so fill in the blanks I leave.

To Glorious' mental aside about how much plastique is needed, this is a fair point. I was flipping through Run & Gun last night and doing some mental math on how much would be necessary for this, but in the end I tossed it aside. You're carrying enough cause the installations to implode, if not actually explode, which will accomplish your mission. However, if we decide that the explosion doesn't go to plan, so that you had to hijack a concrete mixer truck, fill it full of explosives that are conveniently on-hand for construction/demolition purposes, and then plow it into one of the radar installations before detonating it, well that would be pretty wiz now would it?
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (21:41:52/03-16-17)
Got it; stuff is finalized, post is edited for the happy outcome of being able to bring the place down.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (22:30:27/03-16-17)
Summon Spirit of Air:

WIL 6 + Conj 3 (http://orokos.com/roll/496993): 9d6t5 2 hits
Resist 8 (http://orokos.com/roll/496994): 8d6t5 4 hits
WIL 6 + Conj 3 (http://orokos.com/roll/496995): 9d6t5 5 hits
Resist 8 (http://orokos.com/roll/496992): 8d6t5 3 hits

Takes two tries.

Before I post, are we waiting for you to post as the GM once between all of us posting or are multiple posts before you get to the helm alright?

What about multiple posts before all players have posted?

Might I suggest allowing multiple posting, but until the GM posts again we can only make as many attacks as we have available?  Does that make sense?
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (22:47:26/03-16-17)
I second Jayde's "multiple posts until a point of obvious GM intervention or transition."

For instance, post all you want in the Dakota until green light time.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (01:18:10/03-17-17)
We are in "Talk Time" at the moment. (I incorrectly called it "Table Talk" in my initial OOC post.) During Talk Time, there is zero requirement nor expectation for players to wait on the GM, nor to wait for everyone else to post first. As I said before, posts are the lifeblood of PbP games. As such, my motto is, "Post early, post often." If that's not enough incentive, your karma awards will be directly tied to your IC posting, so that's another motivation to put your thoughts into electrons.

We will be more regimented during combat sequences, but certainly not to the degree of SR5. Anarchy has several approaches:
1) Go around in a circle - but in this case we don't have a circle;
2) The person who goes first declares who goes next - but this case not everyone is physically present so we don't know how readily available people are to post at any given time; or,
3) Roll dice, as described on p. 53-4.

We will likely be doing a variation of #3. Here's an example of what I'm thinking:

Initiative
Jayde: 6 hits
Glorious: 5 hits
rednblack: 4 hits
TecGM: 3 hits
Pap: 2 hits
MDMann: 1 hit

In this case, I'm not going to be literal about who goes first: Jayde, Glorious, or rednblack. The three of them will go in whatever order they are OOCly available, then I'll go, then Pap and MD can go as they are available. And, of course, Pap and MD could jump to the head of the line by spending a Plot Point, or one of the first three could counterattack via "A dish best served cold" plot point, should I attack one of them on my turn, and so on.

To my knowledge, this is everyone's first time playing Anarchy, so we'll be figuring out what does and doesn't work as we progress. Feedback is welcome.

I'll also try to be fairly transparent about what the next "point of GM intervention or transition" will be. In this case, I'm going to write a post flinging you out of the Dakota. You can then post about your descent and landing.

To make sure everyone has a grasp of the dice roller, let's have everyone do an Agility + Athletics roll. Use the #d6t5 syntax and Orokos will automatically tally the hits for you. Try to get a hit, or you'll crash into a tree like a stormtrooper on Endor. (Before which you'll probably want to spend a point of Edge.)
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (05:52:18/03-17-17)
Given the numbers of dice rolled, lousy but sufficient. At least it didn't glitch. 2 hits. It ain't elegant but it'll do.

HALO insertion, Agility 6 + Athletics 4 + Light Body 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/497084): 12d6t5 2

Question. Would Danyes be rolling Acrobatics instead of Athletics for this (one extra die), although it's it's not particularly relevant here.

   12d6t5: 2 [12d6t5=6, 2, 2, 1, 3, 3, 2, 1, 1, 6, 2, 3]
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (13:25:12/03-17-17)
@MDMann, I'm not 100% sure what Acrobatics die you are referring to. If you're unsure if something should be included or not, you can roll it separately.

Also, you don't need to copy-and-paste the full die results. The bbcode you pasted is perfect.

@Glorious, a reminder that Orokos rolls go in the OOC thread, not the IC thread. Use the tiny "bbcode" link to get the nicely formatted results like MDMann used, rather than just the raw URL.

That said, I like the idea of Navigation rolls. Everyone roll Survival too to see if you get scattered across Normandy like the 101st. You can use Logic or Willpower, whichever is higher.

Swoopy lands on target with a reasonable amount of grace. Dan-Dan lands less gracefully but is fine, location TBD.

I'm doing the single-parent thing today and tomorrow while my wife is out of town, so my posting will be limited to naptimes. I'll be on a more normal schedule starting on Monday.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (13:55:04/03-17-17)
@Jayde, Shiriki will want to know if you want him to deploy drones on the way down, or wait to do recon once we've landed.  The former will provide more opportunity for the drones to scatter, but will also give us eyes on any chars who may get scattered.  The latter is all-around safer.

@MDMann, there are no Glitches in Anarchy unless you use the Glitch die.  So we can breathe easy there.

Let's see how Shiriki lands. 

Athletics: Athletics: AGI (8) + Athletics (2) = 10 dice (http://orokos.com/roll/497189): 10d6t5 1
Phew.  Just barely.

Survival: Survival: LOG (7) + Survival (2) = 9 dice (http://orokos.com/roll/497191): 9d6t5 3
It ain't pretty, but he makes it there.

@Tec, I like the idea of option 3.  With a more flexible turn order, I don't see the PCs using Plot Points to change up the order very often, but that's probably the least cool use of Plot Points anyway. 
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (14:12:59/03-17-17)
Rednblack is correct that there are no glitches without the glitch die. I thought about having everyone roll one to reflect the danger of the decent, but I figure the spirit will negate the need for that.

The spirit's Guard power isn't canon for Anarchy but I figure it's a decent to use it for narrative purposes.

Shiriki lands roughly but safely and on Target. He'll be disoriented/shaken up (-1) for the next Narration or two.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (15:30:10/03-17-17)
Ugh, General called for a meeting and I sat in a conference room for 3 hours listening to stuff that had nothing to do with me.  C'est la vie.

Agility 7 + Athletics 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/497204): 12d6t5 2 hits

Post up!
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (17:26:09/03-17-17)
@Jayde, I think your IC post is referring to Swoopy as a troll. Ité is the troll; Swoopy is human.

Navigation roll for the Captain: Willpower 6 + Survival 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/497215): 8d6t5 3 hits, no problem
Navigation roll for Dan-Dan: Logic 6 + Survival 3 (http://orokos.com/roll/497216): 9d6t5 5 hits, Dan-Dan lands on the porch of the farmhouse.

We'll get some rolls for Pap. Rednblack can post if he wants.

We're moving at a nice pace. If someone wants to IC the rendezvous at the farmhouse, you're free to move one step forward.



Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (17:29:55/03-17-17)
A minor clarification: It is actually Ite Nee Pap who is the giant troll. Swoopy is just plain jane human.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (17:48:16/03-17-17)
Alright, since no one posted their RACE on their character sheet (except the elves, because of course elves want to be sure you know that they are elves), I was trying to decipher from context.  I'll edit in a moment.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (17:55:32/03-17-17)
Alright, since no one posted their RACE on their character sheet (except the elves, because of course elves want to be sure you know that they are elves), I was trying to decipher from context.  I'll edit in a moment.

+1 Karma for Jayde. That's awesome.

I may be able t get in an IC this weekend, but if not I'll roll my jump into the next IC on Monday.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Pap Renvela on (18:14:26/03-17-17)
Modified my sheet to include metatype, tribal affiliation, sex, ht, wt

considering KE = 1/2mv^2 (even  mitigated by it being a sideswipe vs head on), it's a lucky human indeed not to be seriously wounded or outright killed by a falling troll going around 40m/sec.  :)

Of course, I saw that sky diver who's chute failed in the 80s and the ground, bounced- not once, not twice but three times- and lived.
So anything is possible.

Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (18:36:42/03-17-17)
Human (+1 Skill, +1 Edge)

Jayde does not get +1 karma. Jayde gets a +1 "Reading is Hard" Glitch die.

But the Captain is a Logic 3, Charisma 6 elf, so who's surprised.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (18:49:17/03-17-17)
Wow. Now that's rolling. If those 6s could explode,  Dan Dan would have gone in through the window, landed in the one comfy chair and set the coffee to warm up in passing. As it is I suppose he'll look around and set up a field camp and triage point, stealthily.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (19:08:51/03-17-17)
@Pap, give us your Athletics and Survival rolls.

Alright, let's mix it up a bit. In the farmhouse your run into the free spirits of Ma and Pa. They were Injun-hating Anglos who believed in God, guns, and Old Glory, roughly in that order. They are now Lesser Spirits of Man, so -4 to all Attributes in the book. Everything else in the same. They also have with them their trusty dog Fido, a regular Spirit of Beasts (-2 to Attributes in the book).

Ma and Pa will use their Accident powers on you until you leave, which means that you are regularly falling through rotten floorboards, tripping on debris that wasn't there a moment ago, and other foibles that probably won't go on your permanent record but will make for embarrassing stories in the future, should you live. Fido will growl  but won't strike unless someone acts aggressively toward Ma and Pa.

Whether you want to leave them be or whether you want to dispatch them so that they don't go tattling on you to the military folks is up to you.

Here's their Initiative scores if anyone gets frisky:
Ma: Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/497240): 2#4d6t5 0 hits
Pa: Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/497240): 2#4d6t5 1 hit
Fido: Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/497241): 6d6t5 2 hits
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Pap Renvela on (00:40:29/03-18-17)
Athletics 2 + AGI 5
AthleticsTest (http://orokos.com/roll/497339): 7d6t5 2

Survival 2 + WIL 5
SurvivalTest (http://orokos.com/roll/497340): 7d6t5 3
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (00:49:25/03-18-17)
You're golden.

I'm writing an IC post for the farmhouse now. Feel free to post as much as you like over the weekend but we won't advance again until early next week.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (00:58:58/03-18-17)
The IC is up. It focuses on Dan-Dan because he landed closest to the farmhouse and therefore got there first. Everyone else lands within 500 meters of the target and can be on the scene within a couple minutes. You're all free to act and participate.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (13:58:55/03-20-17)
Not his skillset but hey, let's roll the dice

Con 2 + cha 3

Fast talking, con + cha (http://orokos.com/roll/498015): 5d6t5 2

2 hits. Interesting. Let me know if this doesn't work. I'll roll initiative anyway, not sure how many dice.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (14:32:07/03-20-17)
@MDMann, what are you trying to accomplish with the Con roll? Again, you are free to roll the spirit's defense/resistance test as well. If you're not comfortable doing so, just let me know and I'll address it.

For initiative (this applies to everyone): as Prime Runners, your base dice pool is 8. From there you add +1 if you have a shadow amp or quality that provides additional plot points. Some of you have amps that provide additional attacks but not plot points, so per the book those don't count.

Here's what I calculate; let me know if you figure differently:

rednblack: 9 dice
GloriousRuse: 9 dice
Jayde Moon: 8 dice
MDMann: 8 dice
Pap Ranvela: 8 dice

@Everyone, You're all free to IC post in the farmhouse. There won't be any fighting unless you initiate it. Everyone should also RP the Accidents they suffer from the spirits, as there is no real way to resist them; they are inevitable, given enough time. (These Accidents are for Narrative purposes only, not for damage.) Jayde's IC post includes several excellent examples. Ité should almost certainly fall through the floor at some point. Other ideas include dropping weapons or equipment, tripping on untied boot laces, slipping on ice, etc.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (15:20:11/03-20-17)
Note: I didn't have Chante suffer an accident, she still has her own spirit and using the guard power.  My next post will touch on this.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (15:35:56/03-20-17)
Sounds good.

I'm back at the office today and things are quieter than expected. I'm going to try to use this opportunity to finalize gear, weapons, and contacts. I haven't decided whether to post that here or to PM people individually. Stay tuned.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (16:17:37/03-20-17)
Initiative 3 hits

Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/498039): 8d6t5 3

Ma and Pa resist con, 1 hit, 2 hits (defender wins dammit)
Ma resist (http://orokos.com/roll/498040): 4d6t5 1
Pa resist (http://orokos.com/roll/498041): 4d6t5 2
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (16:23:46/03-20-17)
Talking gambit: CHA 5 + CON 2 + Does Not Look like Injun 1 (http://orokos.com/roll/498042): 8d6t5 2
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (16:51:00/03-20-17)
(defender wins dammit)

Actually, this is an extremely important difference between SR5 and Anarchy. Thank you for the teachable moment.

Per p. 37: "If your hits equal or exceed the hits scored by the opposing dice, then your action was successful." (emphasis added)

Ties now go to the attacker, not the defender. I presume this is to encourage action and to propel the game forward, rather than into tie-induced stand-offs, but there are no more "glancing blows" either physically, socially, or otherwise.

As such, the con works: Swoopy starts it off and Dan-Dan chimes in with some details about the new base that these fine folks have surely noticed is being built in the middle of their cornfields. Ma and Pa stand down and become quite personable, going to far as to offer blessings, milk, and cookies.



Another important OOC aside: rednblack's post mentions Shiriki being deferential to the Captain. The "rank" structure, such as it is, wasn't intended to put Jayde Moon in the driver's seat for every decision. In the spirit of Anarchy, I very much want every player to feel enabled to move things forward without incurring the wrath of their CO. I asked for someone to be the CO because my past GMing experience has found that having someone "in charge" helps to break ties when players can't come to an OOC consensus. I'm certainly not a member of any special forces unit and I don't know how hierarchical they are, but for our purposes I'd like to assume that, as Wildcats, you are all recognized as professionals who are capable of taking the lead in any given situation so that Jayde doesn't have to continually chime in with a "yay" or "nay" on every proposed course of action.

Let me know if that makes sense. I'm trying to take the best components of shadowrunner egalitarianism but also have the military's "because I said so" clause to move things forward if we need it.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (17:12:25/03-20-17)
Quote
... but for our purposes I'd like to assume that, as Wildcats, you are all recognized as professionals who are capable of taking the lead in any given situation...

Absolutely this.  There are many situations, not just in Special Forces, where Soldiers are expected to take the initiative.  Further, before any mission, 'Rules of Engagement' will have been established.  There are just too many situations where waiting 'for the call' will result in loss of life and/or failure of the mission.

In a high-functioning team such as this, the group knows what is expected.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Pap Renvela on (17:29:31/03-20-17)
Just to clarify something:
I was under the impression that we only post once until everyone else posts once- which is why I didn't post after my last one.
Glorious rose and the GM each posted twice after me...
so, I'm confused.
Are we sticking to one post per round or not?
If not, why the  initiative roll?
I don't really care how we do it- I just want to understand what we are doing.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (18:02:32/03-20-17)
That's a reasonable question. Jayde asked the same thing in this thread last Thursday.

Per this post (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=26032.msg484114#msg484114), I am encouraging folks to move forward and post when they are available. Right now, outside of combat, I don't want us to get caught up on waiting for someone who might be real-lifing at the moment.

At a traditional Anarchy table, we'd all be sitting around and everyone could narrate immediately during their turn. Given the PbP format, we don't really know if someone is "at" the table at any given moment.

I made this recommendation in the initial OOC post but I'll repeat it: If you want to say something ICly but need some time to write it up, it might be wise to chime in briefly in the OOC thread to announce your intentions so someone doesn't write an IC post that moves the action past you.

I rolled Initiative pre-emptively so that if someone wanted to initiate combat they wouldn't have to wait for me. Alternatively, if you want to attack someone and I haven't rolled Initiative for them then you are generally authorized to roll and resolve both sides of the encounter on your own, at least for the first round. See this post (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=26032.msg484092#msg484092).

We are now done at the farmhouse as far as NPC opposition is concerned. You can consider yourselves regrouped. You are free to push the action up to the edge of the installation.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (08:05:31/03-21-17)
Medicine 8 + logic 6 + gifted healer 2 + Medi kit 6? For that sprained ankle. I'll roll and post this afternoon whilst I'm travelling, but I think that's right. Not sure on the Medi kit.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (13:09:59/03-21-17)
There's no medkit bonus unless it's a shadow amp. Gear is for narrative purposes rather than for dice pool bonuses.

Nor is there any need to roll since there is no damage to repair (in the sense of boxes on a condition monitor). We can keep it  at the narrative level.

Let's get an IC post from someone to move us along. If you want to plan your attack, that can be done either ICly or OOCly. (Although, if OOCly, I'd ask for a quick IC post to summarize the approach.)
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (14:50:21/03-21-17)
Re: waiting for SO orders, my intent wasn't to hamstring Shiriki or bog things down on rank, but I didn't think Shiriki was the one to act in this situation, so I went with an IC reason to hold off there.

Ok, looks like some rolls are in order.

Drone Stealth: Drone Stealth: AGI (8) + Stealth (3) + Control Rig (2) + Combat Pilot (2) + VR (1) = 16 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/498243): 16d6t5 7

Perception: Perception: LOG (7) + WIL (6) + Control Rig (2) = 15 dice (http://orokos.com/roll/498251): 15d6t5 6

I'm not sure if I should have also added the VR benefit to the Perception test, but it looks like things are a little unclear on Attribute Only tests and Shadow Amps.  @Tec, let me know if you want those rolls to have different dice pools that what's listed.

Last, given the nature of Anarchy and less GM-centered story-telling I'm inclined to put some para-critters in Shiriki's sights on the way back to the farmhouse.  Kosher?  Also, I think it'd be fun to see how combat plays out before we go full-stealth on our demo run (haha, like stealth'll last).  So, is this the kind of thing I spend a Plot Point on?  Do I just narrate it as I'd like.  What's the MO here?
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (15:09:01/03-21-17)
I've added a couple of leads, but kept it in the farmhouse. It all works if there's critters a coming. I'm picturing the dog as a big shaggy thing with lots of drool.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (15:32:14/03-21-17)
@MDMann The pink font is practically invisible against the grey background, so I would recommend a different selection.

@rednblack The odds of a seeing a Fly-Spy in a blizzard are nil, so I wouldn't have called for a Stealth roll. I would have called for a Piloting roll, which is similar enough to your Stealth roll that we can use it. Shiriki pilots like a boss and is fairly certain that he dodged every single snowflake.

Perception: you don't miss anything. If this were SR5 then you might his a Limit, but since it's Anarchy all the hits count.

As for datajack/VR, the amp says the +1 is for "Matrix" actions. Now technically piloting via VR is a "Matrix" action, but I'll note that none of the sample riggers in the book have a datajack, likely because the assumption is that control rigs double up as datajacks. I'm going to say "trust your gut" with whether the extra die should be included or not.

As for paracritters, technically this would fall under the "Surprise Threat" use of plot points. I've actually been flipping through old books trying to figure out what would be dumb enough to be outside in a blizzard at midnight. The best I can come up with a "Bogie", which is similar to a barghest. They are territorial and hunt in packs up to four. Seems like a reasonable fit if you want drop a plot point on it.

Here's their 4E stat block, along with my stat and skill conversions for Anarchy:

Bogie
Canis auspicii
Habitat: Light woods and plains
Range: Northeastern and central portions of North America
Frequency: Rare
Identification: The bogie is a large canine, standing 125 centimeters at the shoulder and weighing 95 kilograms. It has a pair of small horn-like protrusions from its brow that are 2 centimeters long and covered in a velvety coating. It has short, black, bristly fur.
Habits: The bogie is a carnivore resembling an oversized rottweiler that hunts in packs of up to four members. One member howls to panic the prey and herd the victim into an ambush. Bogies attack like wolves, attempting to  hamstring their targets and then bite the target’s face and throat to suffocate with powerful jaws. As a pack, bogies are fearless, and they will not back down from any large creature. When hunting solo, however, a bogie will assess a threat first before attacking or yielding.
The bogie’s howl induces fear in any creature that hears it. Legends have long stated that the bogie’s howl prophesizes deathand disaster. Statistical evidence has shown that the frequency of mishaps and malfunctions increases in proximity of bogies. Bogies have heightened awareness—their horns are too soft to properly function as weapons. Dissection has shown that these horns are organs that are highly sensitive to motion through ultrasound.
They are also posited to improve the animal’s hearing. Also of note, there is a supernatural kinship between normal canines and bogies. Even security dogs will not bark at the approach of a bogie, nor will either of them fight the other.

Strength 4
Agility 5
Charisma 2
Logic 2
Willpower 3

Skills: Stealth 2, Athletics 2, Unarmed Combat 3
Powers: Animal Control (Mundane Dogs), Accident, Enhanced Senses (Hearing, Low-Light Vision, Motion Detection, Smell), Fear, Movement (Self)
Weaknesses: Allergy (Horseradish, Mod), Allergy (Wolfsbane, Mod)
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (01:01:12/03-22-17)
Good IC posts today, everyone. Things I'll call out:

Flashbacks - Great, love them. Backstory is a strong way to fill out characters.
Setting the scene - Excellent job by GloriousRuse for describing some of what waits for you. Exactly the spirit of Anarchy.

Rednblack mentioned the possibility of paranormal critters in the forest and it occurs to me that I, as the GM, can drop a plot point in order to populate the beasties. Actually I can just put them there, because "GM", but it wasn't the original plan - Ma and Pa were supposed to be the get-your-feet-wet combat - and this is a good way to kick off the plot point spending.

You all start with 3 plot points and can accumulate up to 5. GloriousRuse and rednblack have shadow amps that grant them plot points when combat starts. Per the rules, additional plot points can be accumulated with particularly good Narrations. What I have to figure it is how to balance this with the fact that the IC posting is so good that you might be maxed out on plot points the entire time. I'm going to think about ways to implement this.

I start with 1 plot point and don't have a cap on how many I can earn.

Current plot points
Jayde Moon: 3
rednblack: 3
GloriousRuse: 3
Pap Ranvela: 3
MDMann: 3
TecGM: 0

Rednblack's Fly Spy that's watching the perimeter picks up movement. Something has noticed that you're home and wants to invite itself in for dinner.

@Everyone roll Initiative. Distance is Far for everyone except Ité, who is at Near for being out on the porch. The bogies are howling. I'm going to treat this like Chaotic World: you have to reroll 1 successful die per roll. This goes for Initiative too.

(I am reasonably sure that everyone can take both a Movement and make an Attack during their Narration, but for the life of me I can't find this in the book. It seems reasonable, and in this case it means everyone can run to a window and start gunning, but if anyone has a page reference I'd appreciate it.)

Bogie initiative: Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/498397): 6d6t5 1 hit

Anyone that can beat one hit gets to act first. Don't forget to reroll a success. The bogies dodge with 7 dice. There are four of them.

Edit: @rednblack, your phobia is triggered too, so you're at -2 as well.

Updated plot points
Jayde Moon: 3
rednblack: 4
GloriousRuse: 4
Pap Ranvela: 3
MDMann: 3
TecGM: 0
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Pap Renvela on (02:33:13/03-22-17)
Initiative
Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/498409): 8d6t5 3
Re-roll 1 sucess
Re-roll 1 sucess (http://orokos.com/roll/498410): 1d6t5 0

Total Initiative 2  (EDG 6 in case anyone else ties 2)

p42 seems to imply that you make 1 move (or 2 moves if plot point spent) per turn as part of your narration.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (03:48:13/03-22-17)
Not bad.

Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/498417): 8d6t5 7 7 hits

Re roll 1 hit.  Nope.

Reroll (http://orokos.com/roll/498418): 1d6t5 0

I'll post this evening, so don't wait on me. Assume Dakota Dan-Dan goes to a window and starts popping shots off at the doggies. Don't forget to inform the folks whose hospitality were enjoying of the situation. The ghost dog may or may not be affected by their critter control power so beware.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (09:37:46/03-22-17)
Good Lord, MDMann. 7 hits. Dan-Dan is hopped up right now.

As you both beat the bogies' Initiative, you are both free to declare your actions and roll.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (12:41:16/03-22-17)
Initiative: Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/498497): 9d6t5 2
Re-roll: Initiative Re-roll (http://orokos.com/roll/498499): 1d6t5 0
1 Hit ties, but Shiriki's Edge score of 2 should get his action in before the Bogies.

Shiriki will jump into the Roto-drone, and start raining down bullets.  Shiriki gets 4 Attacks per narration while jumped in: Base (1) + Wired Reflexes (1) + Custom Gun Drone (2) = 4 Attacks.  Shiriki will focus fire on 2 of them, issuing 2 Attacks each.

He's at -2 for Phobia, and needs to re-roll 1 die per Action.

Due to the weather, I'll toss in a Piloting Test.  I'm going to say this is still fairly simple stuff, with the wind being the big hindrance, so 2 Hits will get the Drone into position.
Piloting: Drone Piloting: AGI (8) + Pilot (5) + Control Rig (2) + Combat Pilot (2) + VR (1) - Phobia (2) = 16 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/498505): 16d6t5 5
Re-roll: Piloting Re-roll (http://orokos.com/roll/498506): 1d6t5 0
4 Hits should be fine.

Shooting Bogie 1 twice:
Drone Shooting: AGI (8) + Vehicle Weapons (6) + Assault Rifle Spec (2) + Control Rig (2) + VR (1) - Phobia (2) = 17 dice (http://orokos.com/roll/498507): 17d6t5 5
Re-roll: Shooting Re-roll (http://orokos.com/roll/498508): 1d6t5 0
4 Hits. 
Drone Shooting: AGI (8) + Vehicle Weapons (6) + Assault Rifle Spec (2) + Control Rig (2) + VR (1) - Phobia (2) = 17 dice (http://orokos.com/roll/498509): 17d6t5 7
Shooting Re-roll (http://orokos.com/roll/498510): 1d6t5 1
7 Hits.

Shooting Bogie 2 twice:
Drone Shooting: AGI (8) + Vehicle Weapons (6) + Assault Rifle Spec (2) + Control Rig (2) + VR (1) - Phobia (2) = 17 dice (http://orokos.com/roll/498511): 17d6t5 3
Re-roll: Shooting Re-roll (http://orokos.com/roll/498512): 1d6t5 0
Only 2 Hits on that one.
Drone Shooting: AGI (8) + Vehicle Weapons (6) + Assault Rifle Spec (2) + Control Rig (2) + VR (1) - Phobia (2) = 17 dice (http://orokos.com/roll/498513): 17d6t5 7
Re-roll: Shooting Re-roll (http://orokos.com/roll/498514): 1d6t5 0
6 Hits.

Shiriki lets off two bursts at the first Bogie for 4 and 7 Hits, and two bursts at the second Bogie for 2 and 6 Hits.  Damage is 8P + Hits.

Crap, I forgot to take a -2 Penalty for range modifiers.  I'm going to roll 2d6 4 times, and we'll subtract Hits in order.
Range Penalties (http://orokos.com/roll/498516): 4#2d6t5 0 0 0 0
Wow.  All Hits stand.

Bogie Defense stands at 7 Dice.
Defense: AGI (5) + LOG (2) = 7 dice (http://orokos.com/roll/498519): 4#7d6t5 1 3 1 2
Bogie 1 gets hit with 3 and 4 Hits, staging up damage to 11P and 12P.

Bogie 2 gets hit with 1 and 4 Hits, staging damage to 9P and 12P.

I guess there's no Soak roll?  That would put Bogie 1 at 23 boxes filled, and Bogie 2 at 21 boxes filled. daka-daka

Also, due to the less-than-lethal operating goal, I stated earlier that Shiriki was rocking SnS in his drone's guns, so should we just change the damage value to 8S as a base?
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (12:52:46/03-22-17)
Looks like I go last:

Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/498515): 8d6t5 0 hits

I got a narrative up, tho!
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (13:05:01/03-22-17)
I had assumed we'd be outfitted with Suppressors for our quiet work.  Safe assumption, or did Shiriki just potentially blow their cover?  He probably wouldn't have acted differently.  Para-critters are Ghost-awful things that need to be put down.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (14:21:00/03-22-17)
@rednblack, for the sake of game balance, so that you don't one-third of the group's attacks to yourself (or even more if Jayde doesn't have a spirit up), I'm going to say that Wired Reflexes don't stack with the extra attacks from gun drone while you're jumped in. Per our earlier discussion, the rotodrone can still operate independently like a spirit, but doesn't benefit from the control rig or VR bonuses (but nor would they be affected by Shiriki's Phobia). Wired Reflexes are for Shiriki's physical body. On it's own, the roto-drone would have an attack dice pool of 11. (Agility 8 + Vehicle Weapons 3, per p. 135.)

Most weapons will have suppressors. However, heavy weapons - like the drone's machine gun - are incompatible with suppressors. If you want, since we haven't fully resolved the attacks yet, you can change the drone's weapon to an assault rifle with a suppressor.

(Aside, what is the point of a drone machine gun? Per the book, it's worse damage and worse range. It looks like a copy-and-paste error where they used machine pistols as the base rather than a machine gun.)

Stick-and-shock will change the damage to 6S to align with tasers and tranq pistols. You still get the improved ranges of your base weapon though. Gel rounds are another possibility. I'll let those change the damage code from P to S with no damage reduction, although there are certain targets that will be unaffected. (You're not going to stop a bulldozer with gel rounds, I don't care how many hits you get.) Drones, especially smaller drones, can still be affected by stick-n-shock, despite the lack of a Stun damage monitor for drones. 

There is no soak roll. Again, put this in the category of "Anarchy is not Pink Mohawk." You get hit, you take damage. Things can go south very quickly.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (15:35:22/03-22-17)
Even suppressed firearms are pretty loud.  It's one of those situations where Chante just isn't going to chance it if she doesn't have to.

in SR5, a perception roll only needs 1 hit to hear gunfire.  Silencer drops the dice pool by 4, but 30 guys with dice pools of 5 are still going to hear it.  Then the GM might decide there's additional negative modifiers, or positive modifiers (for burst fire, for example).  Good chance some folks have cybernetically enhanced hearing and sensors around the base are a potential factor.

But if all you got is bang bang, then bang bang it must be!
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (15:45:00/03-22-17)
I don't have any practical experience firing suppressed weapons in a blizzard, but my GM instinct is that between

1) the weather (raging wind),
2) the distance to the radar installation,
3) the intervening woods, and
4) the sound-absorbing properties of snow...

that the odds of anyone at the installation hearing suppressed weapons is nil. As a player, I'd even be skeptical of non-suppressed weapons being audible, but I'll defer to those with more experience.

Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (16:39:18/03-22-17)
Even suppressed firearms are pretty loud.  It's one of those situations where Chante just isn't going to chance it if she doesn't have to.

in SR5, a perception roll only needs 1 hit to hear gunfire.  Silencer drops the dice pool by 4, but 30 guys with dice pools of 5 are still going to hear it.  Then the GM might decide there's additional negative modifiers, or positive modifiers (for burst fire, for example).  Good chance some folks have cybernetically enhanced hearing and sensors around the base are a potential factor.

But if all you got is bang bang, then bang bang it must be!

Suppressed weapons tend to be loud, but it varies a lot depending on caliber and load.  Subsonic .22s can fire full auto with a suppressor, and the noisiest thing is the action.  A suppressed .308 firing 155 grain -- my preference on that particular rifle -- is still going to be plenty loud. 

That said, I'm of the opinion that SR writers are of the thematic pfft, pfft opinion on "silencers."  Your average INT 3 Perception 3 grunt is going to be left with a dice pool of 2, which is not realistic for the loud crack of an actual suppressed firearm, or the sound of the action, which is distinctive and plenty loud on its own.  At least they get it right that you can't suppress revolvers, weird soviet models notwithstanding.

@Tec, I've got some inconsistencies on my sheet.  Under "Weapons," I have a Machine Gun listed, but my drone has the correct information, with an Ares Alpha.  I used Assault Rifle rules for my rolls, and I'll clear that up.  I will opt for the SnS, and take the lower Damage Code for the trade-off of still being able to affect drones and vehicles.  That puts Bogie 1 at 19 boxes filled -- still down -- and Bogie 2 at a measly 7 boxes filled when I drop the 4th attack.  It will still be standing.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (17:42:34/03-22-17)
Pink Mohawk?  pfft pfft

Black Trenchcoat?  PUHFFFFITTUH PUHFFFFITTUH!!! ROOOAR!!!!

I agree that the chance is probably nil for the guys at the base to hear us.  Sustained automatic fire might whisper across the wind a bit:

"Did you hear that?"

"No, what?"

"... ... hmm... nah, guess it was nothing."

And, as long as we're just chatting about the (so-called) realities of firing a silenced weapon there is the truth that suppressed fire is at a different pitch than non-suppressed.  There are all sorts of contributors to whether someone hears it and even if they do, recognize it as actual gunfire rather tan, "Was that... hmmm... nah, probably not."

All of that said, Chante doesn't want to bust out the rifle, just yet.

Also, what does she expect the others to cover her with?  :P
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Pap Renvela on (17:59:01/03-22-17)
I really want to lob a grenade into the pack but I really want to keep them UCAS boys ignorant of us...so, the trusty bow

Bow vs paracritter (I'll target a wounded one since at least 1 person goes before me. Otherwise, one at random) AGI 5 Projectile 6
Bow vs paracritter (http://orokos.com/roll/498605): 11d6t5 4

Indomitable (may re-roll exactly two dice with Bows)
Indomitable (http://orokos.com/roll/498606): 2d6t5 0

Boogie Defense Roll AGI 5 LOG 2
Bogie Defense Roll (http://orokos.com/roll/498607): 7d6h5 2

Damage= 6P + 2net hits= 8P
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (18:26:47/03-22-17)
@Pap (and everyone else) don't forget to reroll a success. There's probably a good case to be made for the wind being a negative modifier as well. I wasn't going to bother with assault rifles but I forgot that Ité would probably use a bow.

Even if you were to lose two hits, it would still be a successful attack, so we'll let it stand. Ité skewers a bogie.

PCs
Pap Renvela: bow & arrow shot
rednblack: shooting (pending, since Shiriki is technically tied on Initiative)
Jayde Moon: drawing tomahawks and charging
MDMann: TBD
GloriousRuse: TBD

Bogies
#1 - stuck with an arrow, 6P-8P
#2 - electrocution pending
#3 - 7S pending
#4 - TBD

Actions to MDMann and Glorious (pending an Initiative roll by Glorious).
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (18:57:54/03-22-17)
@MDMann, I'm not sure if you're working on an OOC post or not. A few things:

1) It sounds like you're shooting. If so, roll for it.

2) If not (i.e. if you intend to have the shots narratively miss), then if you spend a plot point you can close the distance (move twice) and attack with your knife this round. Stabby stab!

3) It's a blizzard, not a rain storm.

Otherwise, good post.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (19:20:42/03-22-17)
Danyes fires 2 shots at the bow wows with his rifle before dashing off into the storm with his fineblade.

Basic attack +1 for improved reflexes

Agi 6 + Firearms 2 -2 for range
Shooting (http://orokos.com/roll/498628): 6d6t5 1 1hit Reroll
Reroll (http://orokos.com/roll/498629): 1d6t5 0 and a miss.

2nd shot
Shooting (http://orokos.com/roll/498630): 6d6t5 2 2 hits Reroll 1
Reroll (http://orokos.com/roll/498632): 1d6t5 0 miss so 1 hit

Pooch dodge

Dodge (http://orokos.com/roll/498635): 7d6t5 4 4 hits, comfortably dodged.

No point rolling damage.
There's more than one way to skin a dog.

Ha, no I was rolling and writing an OOC post (where I missed anyway) when I tool a phone call.  Should I edit it to a snowstorm?
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (19:30:40/03-22-17)
I've been rolling the bogies' Initiative collectively but we'll roll a separate dodge for each attack. So the first attack misses.

Second attack:

Dodge (http://orokos.com/roll/498640): 7d6t5 3 hits

Still misses. This one's a slippery booger.

Initiative roll to GloriousRuse.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (07:47:11/03-23-17)
Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/498758): 9d6t5 5

So, that was fast...

Assuming environmental modifiers of -6 to shooting (bad light, distracting snow movement , wind)

First shot : AGI 5 + Firearms 5 + Amps 2 - environment 6 = 6 (http://orokos.com/roll/498759): 6d6t5
2

Again. (http://orokos.com/roll/498760): 6d6t5 1

And the pooches

Bogie 1 dodge: Base 7 - 2 wnd - 1 already shot at = 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/498827): 4d6t5 1

8-9P ; 6-8 already on, Bogie one goes down

Bogie 3, same dice (http://orokos.com/roll/498833): 4d6t5 1

Bogie 3 catches 8P on the tie



How average. I'll work contacts in a touch tec




Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (13:17:12/03-23-17)
Pink Mohawk?  pfft pfft

Black Trenchcoat?  PUHFFFFITTUH PUHFFFFITTUH!!! ROOOAR!!!!

It's really interesting to me how these styles of play mean different things to different people.  I'd always thought pink mohawk groups would eschew silencers, as they'd bring along their two-handed battle axe for "quiet work."

I have a tasting today, so I'll largely be absent.  I plan on putting in an IC tomorrow to cover Shiriki's Narration.  That will be my last opportunity to post before Monday, so things may be slightly out of order.  If that's a problem, Tec, I could also PM you the text of that narration, should you be able to post it at a more appropriate time.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (14:16:50/03-23-17)
@rednblack We're never going to be able to stay perfectly in order. Tomorrow should be fine.

@GloriousRuse -6 is maybe a little harsh. I'm thinking that you all have full body armor with helmets that have a full suit of vision sensors. That takes care of most of the low-light issues, although I grant that blowing snow could be a notable distraction. I'm not sure how much of an issue wind is at "Near" ranges. Certainly at Far. You all know better than I would.

I suppose this also might be related to how things work in my head vs. what I actually communicate. I was thinking that people getting into position to fire would bring them into the Near range, although I certainly never said as much out loud.

Aside: anyone else having trouble keeping track of which range is "Close" and which is "Near"? The two words are too synonymous for me.

Anyway, let's make the modifier -2 instead of -6. However, I see Swoopy's Firearms skill as 4, not 5. In the end we'll add 3 dice to each roll. Handy trick: you can make multiple rolls at the same time in Orokos. See here:

Extra shooting dice (http://orokos.com/roll/498818): 2#3d6t5 2 hits 1 hit

Derp, if you follow that link you'll see I botched the syntax and left off the t5. I corrected things in the roll above to not confuse the issue.

So Swoopy ends up with 4 hits and 2 hits. However, he needs to reroll a success from each.

Rerolling successes (http://orokos.com/roll/498819): 2#1d6t5 0 hits 0 hits

He ends up with 3 hits and 1 hit. Let's see how the bogie fares.

Bogie dodging: Agility + Logic (http://orokos.com/roll/498820): 2#7d6t5 1 hit 1 hit

Someone could make the argument that I should roll them separately so that damage inflicted by the first shot could act as a negative modifier on the second shot. To which I say: in the spirit of Anarchy, let's keep the dice less complex rather than more complex.

In either case, Swoopy nails the mutt twice. I presume he's using his Colt M23 rather than his Browning. I don't know what he's packing but we'll call it regular ammo for the moment, with the understanding that he could have switched to it (knowing that the threat was a paracritter) from some other ammo type he might have had previously loaded. Anarchy's lack of action economy - excepting the "one move, one attack" default restrictions - means you have some additional flexibility to do things like this.

Long story short, the mutt takes 10P then 8P for a total of 18P, turning it into a fine red mist that quickly dissipates in the fierce wind. @GloriousRuse feel free to update your IC post with the results, if you want, or I'll put them in mine.

Now we're on to the bogies.

Bogies
#1 is stuck with an arrow, 6P-8P, and promptly retreats.
#2 is going to be electrocuted by the roto-drone.
#3 has 7S pending, also from the roto-drone.
#4 is vaporized by Swoopy, 18P. Haha, gross.

That leaves #2 and #3. They stop their howling and commence their attack run. Their initial target is Ité but Dan-Dan obliges them by running out into the storm. The Captain has not had her turn and so technically has not run out yet, such are the abstractions of turn-based combat.

I'm going to give #2 and #3 attacks, in the course of which they will be shot by Shiriki's drone. #2 is going after Ité and #3 is going after Dan-Dan. I'm going to give them a +2 for a charging attack. Under most circumstances I'm thinking that +1 for charging will be more appropriate for Anarchy, since the dice pools are generally lower than SR5, but in this case the bogies have the Movement power and are fast little fuckers as a result.

Bogie attack: Agility 5 + Close Combat 3 + Charging 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/498826): 2#10d6t5 3 hits 4 hits

@Pap Renvela: You need to dodge 3 hits
@MDMann: You need to dodge 4 hits

Because the howling has stopped, you do not need to reroll a success on the dodge roll.

Hellhounds do (STR/2)+2 with their bite attack so I'm going to use the same for the bogies. Strength is 4 so 4/2+2 = 4P+net hits for damage in case you don't dodge. It will go against your armor.

A word on Edge: Edge will refresh approximately once per "scene". I'll just tell you in advance that the current scene will end when the radar installation is destroyed. You can ration out your Edge accordingly. Don't forget that the Captain's shadow amps allow you to borrow her 6 Edge.

That said, since you're not in the middle of a thick firefight, you'll have an opportunity to repair your armor (or at least roll to repair your armor) once the bogies are dispersed, so you may want to save your Edge and let your armor do its work. That's up to you.

Another option: someone could use a Plot Point to "Live Dangerously". This would add a Glitch/Exploit die to their dodge test. I'll say that if they roll an Exploit, then they managed to backpedal and buy themselves an extra second or two, during which Shiriki does his thing and zaps the bogies, thus the remainder of the dodge roll is not necessary. Alternatively, if you roll a glitch then Shiriki shoots the bogie while it's clamped on your armor and Shiriki's stick-n-shock grounds out through you. You'll take 3S.

To prevent too much gaming of the system, you'll need to declare and roll the glitch die at the same time as your dodge roll. This can be done in Orokos by separating the two rolling syntaxes with a semicolon. For example, "6d6t5;1d6" gets you this:

Rolling example (http://orokos.com/roll/498834): 6d6t5 2 hits 1d6 5 (an Exploit!)

@Jayde Moon You're free to chop bogie #3 to death on Initiative 0. It will be at -2 to dodge due to stun damage.

I think that's everything. Rolls to Pap, MDMann, and Jayde Moon.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Pap Renvela on (15:31:17/03-23-17)
defense test LOG 5 + AGI 5= 10
defense test (http://orokos.com/roll/498864): 10d6h5 4

Edge re-roll 7 dice
defense test re-roll (http://orokos.com/roll/498865): 7d6h5 3


edit: disregard the edge use- for some reason I thought I had to beat 4 hits...
re-reading that's MD not me....

2nd edit: re-roll 2 sucesses
Re-roll 2 sucess (http://orokos.com/roll/498868): 2d6h5 0
So the bogie takes 6p
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (15:41:34/03-23-17)
Ité expertly dodges the dog-missile.

@Pap Feel free to IC post your arrow-skewering of bogie #1 and your nimble side-stepping of bogie #2.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (16:19:41/03-23-17)
AGI (7) + Close Combat (6) + Qualities (4): (http://orokos.com/roll/498880) 17d6t5 6 hits

Bogie defense
AGI (5) | LOG (2) - Wound (2): (http://orokos.com/roll/498884) 5d6t5 1 hit

Dmg 7P + 5 Net Hits = 12 P snicker snak.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (16:27:03/03-23-17)
Nice work, Jayde. The Captain minces the bogie into finely-chopped kibble. You can IC the process of turning the mutt into mush.

Last roll is to MDMann, at which point we can regroup and move forward.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (16:42:52/03-23-17)
Log 6 + Agi 6.

Reroll (http://orokos.com/roll/498891): 12d6t5 6 6 hits

Not too shabby. I'll post an IC dodge.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (16:53:13/03-23-17)
Alright, you guys are awesome. You emerged unscathed from your initial scrap and are in the clear. Thanks to everyone for prompt dice rolling. We're keeping up a great pace so far.

Next order of business:

1) IC posts from rednblack, MDMann, and Jayde Moon, not necessarily in that order, to wrap up combat
2) OOC discussion about the next steps of the plan - the default plan is "sneak through the woods to the base"
3) quick after-action report of the initial skirmish, suggestions on process improvement, etc.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Pap Renvela on (20:31:53/03-23-17)
@Glorious Rose
You might want to change your IC Post a tad... I'm matrix support, not Magic
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (16:31:03/03-24-17)
@Jayde Nice work on the map. Can you provide a key for the various symbols?
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (21:34:45/03-24-17)
I'll keep these symbols for future anythings, as well, we'll get to know them:

The head and shoulders are points where we expect there to be active one or two people (guard shack)

The four horizontal lines represent vehicles, can be multiple vehicles.  In this case, construction equipment at rest.

Four horizontal lines with arrows are active vehicles, in this case the two earthmovers.

Spider things are spirits, in this case the two materialized earth spirits.

House symbol represents barracks or a place we can expect to encounter lots of people at rest.

Lightning bolts in yellow = objectives.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (16:40:18/03-25-17)
The advance through the woods is uneventful. As you get closer to the base, you can start to make out some additional details. Feel free to include these in your Narrations:

-An engineering officer and some civilian architects.
You don't see any of these. It's possible they are indoors, perhaps directing the earth movers, or perhaps they aren't there.

-An Ares Technician and Installation team.
Same as above. If they're there, they aren't outside in a blizzard in the middle of the night.

-Two major automated earth movers, setting base for the long term living and control buildings. There also appears to be a multitude of construction vehicles not currently in use at this time of night: cement mixers, bulldozers, scrapers, steamrollers, front loaders, excavators, cranes, and so on.
You can easily make out all of these. The earth movers are active, but not the rest of the vehicles.

-"About a platoon".
Again, nobody is outside. If you want sit in the blizzard and chill out (hurr, hurr) you might eventually see someone come out on patrol, but right now it appears that they're all inside in their warm, warm beds.

-Magic stuff, "watchers for certain, possible Class III paranormal animals".
There are a handful of watchers mindlessly on patrol. There are no paranormal animals visible at the moment, but they could also be inside, snuggled up under blankets. The earth spirits are very large (Great Spirits) and it's uncertain if they'll turn hostile in the event of a security breach or if they'll just keep working.

-On call network defense and support relationship with the blah blah blah.
Naturally, none of this is visible, but the short version is "expect deckers and magicians and spirits once it's obvious that something is amiss."

-Looked like a couple air and artillery defense vehicles were slated, but hadn't arrived yet.
You don't see any ground-to-air defenses. You do see a couple Ares Dragon helicopters. One looks like it's for cargo, the other is a  hybrid gunship/troop transport. Presumably there is a garage with drones somewhere. There aren't any flying drones out at the moment, perhaps due to the difficulty of flying in a blizzard. You do see two GM-Nissan Dobermans making the rounds (separately).

-Basic chain link fence. Strongpoint Automated Engagement Systems (aka, turrets) covering it.
This is half correct. You see the turrets but the fence is more than just chain link. In addition to motion sensors (which are probably turned off during the storm to save the security detail the hassle of resetting dozens of false positive readings), it is also electrified (however this is probably turned off too to avoid the possibility of lightning strikes). Oh, and there's monowire running across the top. If you cut through the fence instead of going over it, you can bypass the monowire.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Pap Renvela on (22:01:59/03-26-17)
On my end- I think I should enter the host, wait inside hidden and if the alarm goes off, reboot the power generator w/a delay of 1 hour.
This will force someone to actually go to the generator and hit the power button to overide the delay.
Meanwhile, the automated turret and and the electric fence should not work until that's done.


I'm assuming that more or less close=direct connect; near, up to 100m; far, beyond 100m.
Am I wrong on that?

If I'm not directly connected to a device that's hooked to the host, I'm assuming the storm gives me more noise- so how severe is that penalty?

My assumption is that this being a military compound the Host is running silent.
So first order of business is to spot it.
I'll ask  Shiriki Looney to assist me on teamwork test. (LOG 5 + Electronics 2 + VR 1 - Near- Storm? = added dice to my test.)
I have a LOG 5 +  Electronics 6 + VR 1 -Near -2 -Storm? +bonus from teamwork= ?
I'll need to know the penalty for the storm to decide if I will pre-edge or if I need to get a direct connection <which of course would negate the need to spot the host since I could mark the device to gain a mark on the host>
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Pap Renvela on (23:06:20/03-26-17)
Of course...
matrix perception isn't covered in Anarchy

It might just be one of things they expect you to just narrate out without dice rolls

I don't know

what do you guys think about it?

I'm going to ask this in the Anarchy thread just to see how other people handle it
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (01:17:39/03-27-17)
A lot of this is up to us to decide how complex we want to make it. The Matrix rules in Anarchy are two pages, and half of that is optional. Noise for example, is a function of your distance, and is optional.

I'm comfortable staying basic (hack what you want, minimal modifiers), or adding in some logical complexity (like noise), but I definitely do not want to recreate SR5 rules, which would defeat the purpose of Anarchy. I don't want to deal with MARKs or hidden devices or hopping grids except as narrative functions. Matrix Perception is for poking around hosts. You would just roll your regular Perception pool (Logic + Willpower).

I see two main approaches we could use:
1) Hack into the host and from there conduct individual hacks on desired targets
2) Skip hosts and hack targets individually

If you want to use noise, let's use the book's suggested OK/-2/-4 for now. Once you're on the base, everything will be within the first two ranges. You don't actually have to make a direct connection to get the Close bonus, but of course you can for narrative purposes. Being within ~10 meters is sufficient.

As for your plan, the only hole is that the base is large enough that it is connected to the local power grid. The generators they have are back-ups for contingency situations. Turning off the generators won't power down the base. However, cutting the base's connection to the power grid and then hitting the generators would work.

I think Gingivitis has some house rules for the Matrix but I haven't read them recently and my eyes are crossing at the moment. I can try to track them down in the morning.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (14:17:19/03-27-17)
@Pap, Shiriki will be happy for any teamwork testing to be done.  I'm unsure if we should Hack targets individually or the Host, so I'll leave that choice to you.

Things we should think about hacking before we plant the charges:

1. Exfil vehicle.  I like the Ares Dragon gunship/transport helicopter. 
2. Turrets.  If we could keep these down, that would be good.  I'm not sure how that would work, though.  If they're currently powered down, we'd need to boot them in order to have them reboot a day later, or whatever, and turning them on may alert someone.
3. Dobermans.  Maybe it's better to just sneak around them, but if we can own them, all the better.
4. diversionary equipment (optional).  all that construction equipment could really cause a mess.  I think this is better to have in our back pocket if something looks to be going wrong, but we haven't been blown.  Otherwise, I don't think we want any attention drawn.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (14:39:09/03-27-17)
Something to bear in mind: were near 2 borders, we should plant evidence implicating Tsimshian (I think) as we leave. It needn't be believed, just believable. Let the Anglos pick a target and draw others into the aftermath.

An alternative would be a rival to Ares counting coup.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (15:13:56/03-27-17)
A thing to consider regarding Ares is that, in Canon, Ares relationship with the Sioux nation has improved in recent years.  While that doesn't stop us from harming their interests as collateral in harming the interests of the UCAS, I don't know that we'd go out of our way to cause trouble for them.

Quote
The average Sioux citizens’ perception of Ares has always been complicated, with a mix of suspicion that the company is actually a front for the UCAS military and a genuine appreciation for the quality of their products and front-line approach to dealing with the insect spirits. Their public falling-out with President Colloton actually boosted Ares’ reputation in the Sioux Nation, and their presence in the Sioux market has continued to grow. With restrictions on their activities lessened, Ares secured a number of profitable government contracts in the 2073 bid cycle, including a multi-billion nuyen project to launch a constellation of surveillance satellites for OMI and a refit of the SDF air defense network. - Shadows in Focus - Sioux Nation
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (15:47:00/03-27-17)
It's not so much creating trouble for Ares, as it is shifting blame for the attack somewhere else. Or at least creating confusion and doubt.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (16:03:15/03-27-17)
While planting evidence is an interesting idea, it is not within the scope of your orders. You don't know for sure, but it's reasonable to speculate that the Sioux powers-that-be want to send a message to the UCAS powers-that-be. Colonel Howling Bear's instructions to remain non-lethal for "counting coup" purposes would certainly suggest that.

@Pap
You don't need to spot the base targets, either Host or device. Given your proximity and the lack of other devices in the area, I can't envision a scenario in which you wouldn't eventually spot them, even if they were hidden. If you want to roll Perception for something which you can't physically see but simply suspect is there, go ahead and do so.

Let's have you hack the Host and then, once inside, target individual devices. The Host's dice pool to resist will be 10 if you're Close or 12 if you're Near.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (23:45:44/03-27-17)
Bearing in mind that the Sioux probably have some specific strategic and political goals, the orders have been provided in that direction. I am thinking it would not be up to a lowly team of Wildcats to decide they wanted to create an international or intenation-corp-whatever-political-entity-al by planting evidence. If that was the intent, all good, but otherwise this would be grounds for serious WTF.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (13:12:05/03-28-17)
As Chante touches on in Jayde's last IC, the Watchers are going to be the trickiest thing for us to move around.  There was some talk about us moving around their LoS, but at some point we're going to be coming up pretty close to them, or we aren't going to be able to access the radar dishes.  What does everyone think our best play is here? 

Particularly of interest to Shiriki, there's also the paracritters to keep in mind.  If any are present and outside -- not terribly likely, but we shouldn't discount it -- they be under or have natural Concealment, so Shiriki wouldn't have picked them up on his drone feeds.  Astral scouting would be the best bet of finding out whether or not we need to prepare for that, but again the Watchers come into play.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (13:52:16/03-28-17)
The best bet is can see is sneaking around them as long as possible before (the awakened can spot them and paint their positions on the pitac) running as far as they can to complete their objectives before a response is mustered. It would be nice to trap the soldiers in their barracks but not likely feasible. A distraction to draw attention away from the objectives if things go ploin shaped might be useful, ready to go, the digging equipment seems appropriate by the rigger or hackers.

Beware those earth spirits if they're retasked in the event of trouble. It also means there's at least one mage nearby. We could also wait to time our approach to dawn, especially if the blizzard persists.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (14:08:36/03-28-17)
Watchers are earnest but dumb. I'll accept Stealth rolls to maneuver around them, as it is a very large perimeter and there will be gaps in the watcher patrol. (@Jayde, do you have a scale available for your nifty map?) Same with the Doberman drones. From a practical standpoint, what it means is that I"ll be calling for periodic Stealth rolls for anyone who is on the base. You could spoof the drones to make that component easier.

Not to solve all your problems for you but to spur some thinking, Dan-Dan's movement powers could be used to go over the fence, likely by running up a tree, skating along a branch, and jumping over. His Traceless Walk will help prevent footprints in the snow that might draw suspicion, although the storm is fierce enough that most footprints will disappear relatively quickly anyway.

Some of the more relevant questions will be how comfortable are you sending a small portion of the team to do the dirty deed while the remainder remain in reserve, or do you want to go as a group but increase your risk of detection. Conceivably Chante could cast Invisibility on Dan-Dan or Swoopy and provide coaching on watcher patrols while Ité runs technological interference, but if Dan-Dan or Swoopy gets spotted while they are on their own then they are probably fragged. And that doesn't get the team to the extract vehicle either. Just some food for thought.

@Pap Let's get those hacking rolls up. See my last post. Once you're in the host, you can make Spoof rolls (once per class of target, like turrets, or drones, or security sensors, etc.).
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (17:56:50/03-28-17)
Can Shiriki Teamwork the Hacking tests?  If it helps, I'll toss the GM a Plot Point by spending my own.  Maybe something along the lines of, "Back in my day, we'd always put in a backup IOP for admin level functions.  If you see a little triangle that doesn't look like it does anything, give that fragger a quick smack, and see if it'll let you in."

If the answer is a yes, and Pap gets to his rolls before I respond, feel free to roll for me, Pap.  His Hacking pool is 13 dice.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Pap Renvela on (23:48:31/03-28-17)

Shiriki teamwork test to mark the host and get in w/out being noticed.
LOG 7 + Hacking 5 + VR 1 -Far 4 = 9
Mark the Host teamwork Shriki (http://orokos.com/roll/500296): 9d6t5 2

My roll
LOG 5 + Hacking 6 + Specilization 2 + VR 1 + Codeslinger 2 Teamwork 2 - Far 4= 14
Pre-Edge, so 15 dice needing 4s
Mark Host (http://orokos.com/roll/500297): 15d6t4 6

You didn't list Host rating so  I'll use 12 dice
Host Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/500298): 12d6h5 2

So I'm in like flint.
How many turrets, drones and sensor suites do I see hooked up to the Host's WAN?
Also, are there any visible spiders?

Finally, Perception test to spot hidden spider.
LOG 5 + WIL 5 =10
Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/500299): 10d6t5 4

Shiriki and my body should be hidden under foliage since we'll both be in VR.
I suggest the Flyspys stay in the area so Shiriki can monitor for threats.
The gun drone should probably go along with the main party.

Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (02:15:05/03-29-17)
As a suggestion pap, I think part of the Anarchy feel is that you are free to provide basic enemy layouts, even as a player, and even roll against them and manipulate them as you see fit. If the prime GM Tec wants to change that, he can introduce additional challenges or provide the final "..or at least that's what Ite hoped would happen; instead..." if he needs to retcon. Or you can work in the reasonably generic, ..."and with that Ite started feeding the turrets a looping image through their sensors.." type thing. I think in general the point of Anarchy is to make sure you test for the major muscle movements and get the big narrative shifts down without getting into blow by blow. If you say Ite see's six turrets,  equidistant inside the perimeter, thats what there is. Until someone narrates "Unfortunately, Ite missed that grunts, being grunts, didn't trust the high and mighty deckers, and had their own light support turrets wired to a simple non networked tactical control station. Chante learned this the hard way..."

I also suspect one of the reasons dicepools, attacks, actions per narrative are deliberately kept lower through deprivation of gear and lots of gee-whiz special circumstance rules like burst fire/recoil comp/etc is to always keep the odds possible - not highly probable, but possible - to do less than stellarly on these big moves. So, in my admittedly not the GM's opinion, if as a player you conduct two to three rolls, you can feel free to more or less control the narrative.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (03:15:01/03-29-17)
@Pap, I had said to use 10 dice for the Host if you were hacking from Close and 12 dice if you were hacking from Near, although in hindsight it does make more sense to put the Noise as a negative modifier on the hacker rather than a positive modifier for the hacked. What you rolled works great. Ité hacks the Host easily.

@Pap & Glorious Glorious is right that I'm comfortable with people announcing what they find, and Glorious did a great job of that when he outlined the base's defenses. I upgraded the fence and tossed in some drones, both in the "yes, and..." spirit of Anarchy. We're using Jayde's map, which - for those who are curious - depicts a Russian/Soviet anti-ballistic missile system.

[spoiler]"The Daryal series consists of two large phased array radars (LPARs), one of which is a transmitter and one of which is a receiver."
Map location is 65°12'37.88"N 57°17'07.64"E. Google Maps link here (https://www.google.com/maps/place/65%C2%B012'37.9%22N+57%C2%B017'07.6%22E/@65.2092427,57.2817415,950m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d65.2105222!4d57.2854556). It's in Siberia.[/spoiler]

I also know that the "I don't know, what do you see?" mentality is a distinct change in habit for a lot of players and will take some getting used to. If someone isn't comfortable making a decision like this then I can contribute (or someone else can) until we're all in the rhythm of adding and responding to what the previous person built. With that in mind, here's what Ité finds:

- The fence is ~1400m east-west and ~450m north-south, for a total perimeter of ~3700 meters.
- The fence does not appear to be currently electrified, nor does it appear to have any motion sensors active.
- There are 38 turrets around the perimeter, approximately every 100 meters. They only point away from the base; they cannot be used to target something within the base, which we'll define as something inside the fence perimeter. The turrets have 180 degree cone of fire horizontally and 160 degree cone of fire vertically. The turrets have low-light, thermo, and ultrasound sensors.
- The only active drones are the Dobermen. There is a hangar with other medium and large drones - e.g. roto-drones, Dalmations, Steel Lynxes - that are not active at the moment.
- There is a security spider who is not hidden. There is plenty of IC on patrol too.

At some time when it's not midnight, I'll cook up a table to keep track of Edge and Plot Points.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (07:24:49/03-29-17)
Dan could easily sneak past the sentries and watchers if his orders gave him latitude to do so (he's currently acting as reserve).

For the sneaking, should Dan take it as read or add dice for his sneaking? There's also mentor Cat (2 dice) and Catlike (2 dice)? Does the storm add dice? Do traceless walk, wall running and light body?
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (14:19:53/03-30-17)
The forums were down most of the day yesterday. Looks like they're back up now.

@MDMann The Catlike quality adds +2 for Stealth tests. Mentor Spirit (Cat) adds +1 for Stealth tests OR Athletics tests, but not both. Pick which one you want the bonus to apply to and record it on your sheet under Qualities.

Wall Running, Light Body, and Traceless Walk are movement powers. They do not add to your Stealth roll. If you were in a situation where you were at risk to be heard, I would subtract dice from the defender's Perception pool to represent Traceless Walk, but right now your risk is being seen.

Whether or not the storm hinders the defenders depends on which ones they are. For example, the watchers could give a shit about the storm. Defenders with thermographics - dwarves, trolls, drones, turrets - will be able to see hot blobs moving around in the icy conditions. Humans, elves, and orks are worse off since there's little ambient light for them to use, even if they have low-light vision.

Dan-Dan does have an excellent Stealth pool and can likely slip by the sentries but first he has to get past the turrets and the fence.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Pap Renvela on (14:52:40/03-30-17)
The forums were down most of the day yesterday. Looks like they're back up now.



I was wondering why I could not get on for over a day.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (14:57:45/03-30-17)
We're back up now.

@Pap Ité is in the host. Think about what you want to hack next. Feel free to IC what you've done and what you see so far.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (19:40:45/03-30-17)
MDMann, the 'plan' is 'in place' but every man's voice on this team is given as much credence as the Commanding Officers... if Dan Dan has an idea, he should offer it.  You can also continue your narrative and get the affirmative from the team and then execute so we aren't having to wait for others to chim ein.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (22:24:59/03-30-17)
Sneaking About The Base: AGI 5 + Stealth 5 + Bioware Agi 2 + Chameleon 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/500800): 5#14d6t5 4 2 4 5 5

Sneakity sneak, sneak. An Edge re-roll for that second way sub optimal sneaking...

Sneaking About The Base EDGE! 2 hits/14 prior, 12 dice now (http://orokos.com/roll/500801): 12d6t5 5

Total of 7 hits on the second bit o sneaking...looking alright.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (08:38:22/03-31-17)
Gymnastics, Agility 6 + Gymnastics 5 (http://orokos.com/roll/500861): 11d6t5 4 4 hits on Gymnastics to climb trees, fences and vault into the Compound.

Stealth, Agility 6 + Catlike 2 + Mentor Cat 1 + Stealth 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/500882): 13d6t5 3 3 hits to sneak around (hmph).

Versus opposed tests of watcher spirits. Not sure of their pool so I rolled 6d6.
Watcher spot (http://orokos.com/roll/500897): 6d6t5 2 2 hits. Attacker wins (just). I'll post later but wait for the electronics to be spoofed and the drones rerouted.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (16:57:26/03-31-17)
@Glorious Good rolling, but don't roll too far in advance. I don't want OOC planning to be overly informed by the knowledge of how well or how poorly your future rolls are going to be. What's Swoopy's rough position?

@MDMann Sounds like a plan. Here's the resist roll for the Athletics test:

Resist climbing and jumping (http://orokos.com/roll/501023): 6d6t5 3 hits

When it comes time, Dan-Dan will successfully get over the fence.

@Pap We need a hacking roll ASAP. Please post one today so we can advance.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Pap Renvela on (17:55:31/04-01-17)
Spoof sensor info
Logic 5 + Hacking 6 + Specilization 2 - Far 4 + VR 1= 10
pre edge 11 needing 4s
Spoof sensors (http://orokos.com/roll/501298): 11d6t4 7
re-roll exactly 2 dice <unclear whether re-roll benefits from pre-edge so I went conservative and picked t5>
re-roll exactly 2 dice (http://orokos.com/roll/501299): 2d6t5 1

Host defense <10?>
Host defense (http://orokos.com/roll/501300): 10d6t5 3

Net 5 hits
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (20:02:58/04-01-17)
@Pap there's no Rule of 6 when spending in Edge in Anarchy so rerolling the two sixes doesn't count for anything extra. That said, you still have 7 hits against the host's 3, so you spoof those sensors like a professional. But does the spider notice??

Security spider: Logic 5 + Will 4 + Amps 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/501311): 11d6t5 4 hits, no, the spider does not notice because Ité did a damn fine job

Ité gives the green light that the sensors are looped. Dan-Dan is cleared to jump over the fence while Swoopy snips his way through.

@MDMann Feel free to IC your actions. Please note the approximate location where you're going over the fence. The north side is assumed, since you approached from the north and are using a tree, but give me a broad "left, center, right" designation.

@GloriousRuse Same question to you for Swoopy's location, although he's not as limited by the tree line. I want to know whether you're trying to stay together or not, and/or how much space you're leaving between you.

Watchers versus Swoopy's four Stealth hits: Watcher Astral Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/501309): 6d6t5 3 hits, Swoopy wins and remains undetected even after subtracting two dice for the Chameleon suit that doesn't affect the watchers.

@Everyone else Feel free to announce and/or IC post what your characters are doing while the two sneaky ones get their stealth on.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Pap Renvela on (22:29:53/04-01-17)
This is where the two re-roll comes from:
^Exploit (program) (Amp Level 2): May reroll two dice on                 
non-Cybercombat hacking tests.             
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (01:43:40/04-02-17)
Per the boss, I sent a swoopy in Solo. I roughly rolled 1 test for fence crossing, 1 for approach, 2 for setting charges, and 1 for exfil ...so assuming all those 4s and 5s do their job, swoops is as per IC: in, out, looking to cross back through the fence when he notices the complication - a patrol doing a close check on the dish
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (12:08:11/04-03-17)
Shiriki is going to try to gain access the Dragon Gunship.  Since he's not built for Hacking, I'm going to Pre-Edge and make 4s and higher count as Hits.
PreEdge: Hacking: LOG (6) + Hacking (5) + Cerebral Booster (1) + VR (1) = 13 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/501631): 13d6t4 6

Host gets 12 dice to resist:
Host Resist: 12 (http://orokos.com/roll/501632): 12d6t5 2
That's a pretty poor roll on the Host's part.  4 Net Hits.

IC almost up.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (15:47:50/04-03-17)
Shiriki gets MARKs on the Dragon but there are some potential complications:

1) The requested ammo count comes back with a big fat 0. There is no ammo currently loaded. There is a single drone available to load ammo, but it might take awhile and might draw attention doing so.

2) The fuel level is sufficient for 50 nautical miles. (Anglos and their archaic units of measurement.) This is enough to get back across the border, but it is not a full tank. The drone on duty could load fueld, but with the same caveats as before.

Some simple IC is on patrol:

Searching for intruders (http://orokos.com/roll/501718): 8d6t5 1 hit

... and it utterly fails to spot Shiriki. Such are the mysteries of the lowest-bidder procurement systems.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (16:49:37/04-03-17)
I've updated my last IC with that info.  What are everyone's thoughts?  Ammo would be nice, but we may be better off just making a run for it.  Of course, if we try that, and come up against something in the sky, we won't be very happy about having nothing but sidearms to hang out the window.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (16:58:50/04-03-17)
Agility + Sneaking: (http://orokos.com/roll/501743) 9d6t5 2 hits

Logic 3 + Engineering 2: (http://orokos.com/roll/501744) 5d6t5 4 hits!

Placing them charges, boss, and quickly... what to do with this three man team?
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (02:17:08/04-04-17)
Oo, look at the Captain, getting all brave and not using Edge to boost her 2-hit Sneaking test.

Before I roll, a question of philosophy: in a Sneaking vs. Perception test, who is the attacker and who is the defender? Ties go to the attacker after all. Let's roll and see if it makes a difference.

Watcher watching: Astral Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/501922): 6d6t5 0 hits, waa waa

Looks like we have a developmentally-disabled watcher on watch. The Captain sneaks through with little ado.

To answer the philosophical question, Perception will be the attacker and Sneaking will be the defender. A tie might not result in immediate detection, or perhaps detection without a complete understanding of what was detected. (Seeing footprints in the snow could be a good example.)

Let's roll Perception for the soldiers. I'll make it a Teamwork test. Conditions are obviously lousy, but they have low-light vision/googles/monocles/whatever to help them.

First the teamworkers: Perception 8 - Snow 2 - Not in immediate vicinity 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/501923): 2#4d6t5 2 hits 2 hits, a fairly attentive lot

That's 4 hits to add to the team leader: Perception 8 - Snow 2 - Not in immediate vicinity 2 + Teamwork 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/501924): 8d6t5 4 hits

@GloriousRuse Your 7-hit roll allows you to stay undetected.
@MDMann Please beat 4 hits on Sneaking test.
@JaydeMoon Please beat 4 hits on Sneaking test.

Going to roll their races randomly. Demographics are from Shadows of North America. I don't recall seeing anything more recent than that, but please correct me if you know otherwise. Sixth World Almanac doesn't have it.

Soldiers: 1-68 Human, 69-80 Elf, 81-87 Dwarf, 88-94 Ork, 95-100 Troll (http://orokos.com/roll/501925): 3#1d100 22 19 100

Two humans and a troll.

@All I still owe the group that Plot Point and Edge table. Glorious spends a plot point on the Unexpected Opposition, but I'm going to give everyone a plot point back because everyone has written at least one IC post that I thought was good. MDMann, thanks for your recent IC post.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (05:38:21/04-04-17)
I edited to better fit other posts.
Stealth Agility 6 + Catlike 2 + Mentor Cat 1 + Stealth 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/501955): 13d6t5 5 5 hits for stealth.

Dan-Dan thinks there's good odds of taking 1 quietly, reasonable odds of 2. With noise or lethality the odds improve. Decisions, decisions.

With a natural 100, that Troll should be a snowflake. Hmm mm.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (10:26:02/04-04-17)
Are we in chameleon or otherwise coated in RPC?  I didn't account for that in the first roll.  Adding Chameleon now because why would we not be...

Agility + Sneaking + Chameleon(wl): (http://orokos.com/roll/502000) 11d6t5 3 hits

Looks like it's not enough regardless.  Here's hoping the others can manage 'em without too much noise!

In an attempt to recover and turn this into a win, going to use Leadership Amp and Direct, adding my hits to one subordinate's skill test, in this case his combat skill...

aaaaand out of 9 dice:

Charisma + Leadership Amps:[/url 9d6t5 ZERO HITS

Dan Dan is going to have to do it on his own.  I'll post.

 (http://orokos.com/roll/502003)
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (13:40:33/04-04-17)
Swoopy is the only one who has a chameleon suit because he is the only one who paid shadow amps for it.

Hard luck on the Leadership role, Jayde.

This could be an interesting turn of events. Let's roll for gender since I'm feeling random this morning:

1-14 Female, 15-100 Male (http://orokos.com/roll/502033): 3#1d100 85 23 100, all men

Wow, two natural 100s for the troll. I'm going to make him a scary motherfragger as a reward.

The troll's thermographic vision picks out Chante and a shout goes up. Your weapons are silenced but theirs are not.

As an aside, I'm very comfortable with how Chante is reacting, but let's not overlook some of the other possibilities provided by shadow amps. For example, Chante could quickly cast Invisibility to drop out of sight, or use Influence to suggest that the troll didn't really see what he think he saw. I'd allow the use of a Plot Point to "shake it up" to interrupt the action like this (since technically it is the NPCs' Narration when they are using Perception, which follows with the Perception-is-Attacking approach).

Let's drop into Initiative to resolve this. For the troll, we're going to be using Wheezer from p. 133. For the human soldiers we'll use the generic soldiers from p. 137. You can spend plot points to add to your initiative dice but not to seize the initiative (which would make spending plot points on initiative rolling pointless).

Troll Soldier: Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/502042): 7d6t5 5 hits, ha you're screwed
Human soldiers: Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/502043): 2#6d6t5 1 hit 1 hit

CharacterInitiative     Distance     Condition     Plot Points     Edge
Fomori Officer5-0S 0PGMGM
Chante4Medium0S 0P46 of 6
Dan-Dan4Medium0S 0P46 of 6
Human Soldier #1     1-0S 0PGMGM
Human Soldier #2     1-0S 0PGMGM
Ité YeyΆTBDFar (and in VR)0S 0P45 of 6
SwoopyTBDFar (other dish)     0S 0P52 of 3
ShirikiTBDFar (and in VR)0S 0P51 of 2
GMN/AN/AN/A13 of 3

FYI, I'm changing the Distance nomenclature to "Medium" because I can never remember the difference between Close and Near. The NPCs have Group Edge. They will spend it to defend against Physical attacks but not against Stun attacks. They will not get defense rolls against the first attacks from Swoopy and Dan-Dan since they are still concealed. Attacking will break concealment.

@All Initiative! You may declare and roll your actions if you beat 5 hits.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (15:59:26/04-04-17)
I've written a post which I think will need heavy editing shortly. Nope didn't beat 5.

Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/502113): 8d6t5 4 4 hits.

I was going to try a medical roll to chloroform the rear guy. Don't think that'll work now. Oh well. I'll move to attack. I'll edit, but could be tomorrow.

Stealth to remain unseen or incognito as appropriate.
Stealth Agility 6 + Catlike 2 + Mentor Cat 1 + Stealth 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/502124): 13d6t5 5 5 hits

How about a minotaur for the troll?
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (16:25:31/04-04-17)
@MDMann Thanks for the rolls. I'll update the table.

The IC pushes things too far forward, both in terms of not allowing the troll to act first but also in terms of describing an attack which hasn't been rolled yet. I'll also note that chloroforming someone takes five minutes, not five seconds as commonly represented. Using chems from the medkit is an interesting idea; the damage code would be 6S to mirror a tranq pistol.

As for being a minotaur, two thoughts:
1) My racial randomizer roll should have allowed 1% for an "Other" category. Technically metavariants are sub-subspecies, not "Other" (like a metasapient or a free spirit), but given the roll of 100 I'm open to introducing a little extra flavor; and,
2) That said, I'd prefer if the flavor were somewhat less improbable, as I try to run a realistic setting. Let's go with a Fomori instead, as the British/Celtic extraction is easier to explain in the UCAS. Plus, the presence of a competent fomori officer would make sense in the context of a project with PR exposure, as fomori are the less-ugly faces of the troll community.

The fomori will lack a troll's dermal plating but instead will have an Arcane Arrester quality that gives him +2 to resist spellcasting. Perhaps this explains why Chante did not target the officer with Influence.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (17:47:42/04-04-17)
Initiative: (http://orokos.com/roll/502238) 8d6t5 4 hits

I'll move after the Fomori.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (23:09:25/04-04-17)
Initiative, patrol fight (http://orokos.com/roll/502343): 9d6t5 2

Well then. Guess it'll be a little late on the draw this time.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (11:53:46/04-05-17)
Apologies for my absence yesterday.  Babysitter got sick, so that kinda threw a wrench in things.

Initiative:
Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/502506): 9d6t5 4

I would also like to spend a Plot Point on Malfunction.  The troll alerts his companions in auditory range, but their comms are on the fritz.  The snow?  Ite?
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (13:28:00/04-05-17)
Malfunction is a good idea. The question is how broadly to apply it. I'm going to say that it only affects the officers comm, not the soldiers' comms, but why would the soldiers call it in if their officer already did? Whoever ICs it can attribute it to the storm, or a burst of Noise from one of the hackers, or anything else that strikes their fancy.

CharacterInitiative     Distance     Condition     Plot Points     Edge     Notes
Fomori Officer5-0S 0PGMGMComm malfunctioning
Chante4Medium0S 0P46 of 6
Dan-Dan4Medium0S 0P46 of 6
Shiriki4Far (and in VR)0S 0P41 of 2
Swoopy2Far (other dish)     0S 0P52 of 3
Human Soldier #1     1-0S 0PGMGM
Human Soldier #2     1-0S 0PGMGM
Ité YeyΆTBDFar (and in VR)0S 0P45 of 6
GMN/AN/AN/A23 of 3

Waiting for an Initiative roll from Pap, then we'll proceed. I'll give Pap a few more hours before I roll for Ité.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (19:37:07/04-05-17)
Alright, Pap has had 24 hours to roll, plus 6 more, so I'll roll and we'll move on.

Ité: Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/502710): 8d6t5 4

The officer will act first, then the PCs, then the soldiers.

The fomori officer will raise his weapon and order Chante to drop to her knees. This will serve as a held action against any untoward moves made by Chante. He will try to comm in news of the intruder but will fail to do so due to an unforseen malfunction.

CharacterInitiative     Distance     Condition     Plot Points     Edge     Notes
Fomori Officer5-0S 0PGMGMComm malfunctioning
Chante4Medium0S 0P46 of 6
Dan-Dan4Medium0S 0P46 of 6
Ité YeyΆ4Far (and in VR)0S 0P45 of 6
Shiriki4Far (and in VR)0S 0P41 of 2
Swoopy2Far (other dish)     0S 0P52 of 3
Human Soldier #1     1-0S 0PGMGM
Human Soldier #2     1-0S 0PGMGM
GMN/AN/AN/A23 of 3

@All Actions to everyone else now. You are free to hold actions if you want others to go first. I'll work on an IC post.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (14:33:44/04-06-17)
Rolling for Invisibility Spell, utilizing a plot point for a Glitch Die:

Willpower 6 + Sorcery 5: (http://orokos.com/roll/503100) 11d6t5 2 hits Glitch Die = 6: EXPLOIT!

going to use that exploit to burn his attack at a wasted feint.

Rolling for attack, using edge, gonna take this troll down quick fast and in a hurry, mehopes.

Agility 7 + Firearms 5 + Edge 6: (http://orokos.com/roll/503105) 18d6t4 11 hits

He gets to dodge:

Agility 4 + Logic 3: (http://orokos.com/roll/503117) 7d6t5 3 hits

So that's going to be 16 damage from stick and shock.  His Boen Lacing reduces that to 14.  Not sure how AP works in Anarchy  But I'm going to say it takeshim to the ground and let Tecumseh decide if he gets back up again.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (16:01:24/04-06-17)
Good IC, Jayde. Having the fomori miss his held action is a good use of the Invisibility exploit. However, there is a potential rules violation: Chante can only sustain one spell at a time (p. 46). In order to cast Invisibility, she needs to drop Increase Reflexes. If she drops Increase Reflexes, she doesn't have a second attack/action to shoot the fomori. In theory she could do both (cast and shoot) if she shoots first, then casts Invisibility second, but then she would be vulnerable to the troll's held action.

I'm going to piggyback on the Invisibility Exploit and wave the issue for this round, saying Increased Reflexes stayed up long enough to allow for the second action, but this will not be the default interpretation.

The only thing in Anarchy that has AP is magic (spirits/critters and spells have Armor Avoidance) and Matrix damage. For balance purposes, all other damage hits armor first, even if doesn't make a lot of sense (like a rag soaked in tranquilizers). I'll add an armor column to the table.

A glitch/exploit die could potentially be a good way to add AA to a regular attack via a called shot or the like. This possibility is suggested on p. 39.

Base damage of SnS is 6S + 8 net hits = 14S. The troll's armor eats 12 of that and the bone lacing removes the last 2. I'm fine with the fomori being prone and disoriented, but these are narrative effects, not mechanical. The troll's armor is effectively neutralized.

CharacterInitiative     Distance     Condition     Armor     Plot Points     Edge     Notes
Fomori Officer5-0S 0P12 0GMGMComm malfunctioning
Chante4Medium0S 0P1235 of 6Invisible (2 hits)
Dan-Dan4Medium0S 0P1246 of 6
Ité YeyΆ4Far (and in VR)0S 0P1245 of 6
Shiriki4Far (and in VR)0S 0P1241 of 2
Swoopy2Far (other dish)     0S 0P1252 of 3
Human Soldier #1     1-0S 0P12GMGM
Human Soldier #2     1-0S 0P12GMGM
GMN/AN/AN/AN/A33 of 3
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (16:43:36/04-06-17)
Maneuvering through the rules in the book is difficult.  I think it's a combination of layout and what we think we already know.

Like, the idea that you can only sustain a single spell at a time in a game mode that's supposed to allow for Gee Whiz narrative action feels counter intuitive.

In any case, duly noted for the next time!
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (21:45:21/04-06-17)
Just checking in. Forums were nasty for me today. I probably won't be able to roll tonight but I should get to it first thing tomorrow.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (11:50:36/04-07-17)
Ok, so I'm still trying to figure out what all can reasonably be accomplished in a Narration.  In a 5e game, it would be a Complex Action to get the Dragon moving, and another to exit the Host.  That's two turns right there, but Anarchy doesn't track a lot of this stuff, and the section on Narrations specifically mentions combat actions, which Shiriki gets multiples of for shooting, but not for matrixy stuff, and there's nothing saying that they cross over for other types of actions.  But say, could Shiriki give orders to the Dragon, and then jump into his roto-drone and fire twice since he gets 3 "Attacks?" 

I think I'm going to come down on the side of no. 

Shiriki is going to order the Dragon to make an approach on the north side of the fence.  Since he will not be jumped into it, what kind of dice do I have for Piloting tests, @Tec?

Then he's going to jump into the Roto-drone and descend from Far to Near.  Or at least I think it's "Near," say 40 meters above?

I'll toss in a gratuitous Piloting check, bc blizzard and a stealth test.

Drone Piloting: AGI (8) + Pilot (5) + Control Rig (2) + Combat Pilot (2) + VR (1) = 18 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/503678): 18d6t5 2
That's not great.  Tec had mentioned using Thresholds instead of opposing pools for these rolls, but I'm going to assume a Threshold of 3, so that hoses Shiriki.  I could see this either: (1) throwing him off course, (2) make the drone automatically seen, or (3) cause a crash.  The latter is RAW, but given the elevation, I would think Shiriki would have another chance at regaining control before boom.  Let me know what you think, Tec.  I'll hold off on the Stealth test for now.

Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (13:11:46/04-07-17)
I know we all are basing our understanding of Anarchy off SR5, which in most cases is understandable since Anarchy is so loose and undefined.

Matrix, Magic, and Combat actions generally take one "attack" each. So what's an "action"? Who knows; whatever we think is reasonable and semi-realistic. Movement only matters in the context of changing between Close/Medium/Far. Everything else is swept under the rug of Narration, including details like going prone or standing, picking up or dropping things, taking cover, etc.

I think something in Anarchy says to think of a Narration as lasting a few seconds, but I don't want that to limit our roleplaying. Maybe don't give a full Braveheart speech during a Narration - you'll have to summarize it - but I'm not going to make people count words like I do in SR5. Similarly, if it's cooler to narrate a longer back-and-forth of fisticuffs or gunplay, by all means do so even if it wouldn't logically fit into three seconds.

When it doubt, feel free to ask. But, know that one of my primary reasons for doing this scenario in Anarchy was to gloss over a lot of the nitty gritty details. Who wants to play out an attack a full platoon of soldiers via PbP with SR5 rules? It would take a year! When in doubt, keep things moving forward.

So, what can Shiriki do. He can issue a basic order to the Dragon as an "attack" (which needs to be resisted by the device/host), but the Dragon still needs time to execute those orders. It can't go from being on-the-ground-with-engine-off to in-the-air-with-motors-spinning within one Narration. Let's break that into two, where this Narration it fires up and next Narration is takes off, at which point Shiriki will pilot it clumsily.

That does leave two actions for Shiriki to hack something else, or to jump into his drones and open fire. They can move from Far to Medium before shooting.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (14:42:20/04-07-17)
I wasn't intending for the Dragon to get on the scene immediately.  He's just issuing commands for it to start moving.  At least a narration or two for the engines to warm up and then probably another Narration or three on the scene is probably reasonable.  That's why I need to know what kind of dice pool it has for auto-pilot.  Also, I thought Shiriki already had control of the Dragon.  Will he be fighting with the Host for each action he issues it?  Will that be negated if he Jumps In?  I'm just trying to figure out how we should best play the matrix version of hot-wiring the thing.

The Piloting test is for the Roto-drone and engaging the trio of soldiers the forward team is currently tangling with.

Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (18:12:05/04-07-17)
From his last action, Shiriki has his MARKs on the Dragon.

He can either issue the Dragon instructions via Command Device, or he can jump in. Either way, the Host has the opportunity to object.

We'll say once Shiriki is jumped into the Dragon there won't be roles against the Host for the individual commands, but instead he'll be rolling to control the vehicle.

Because Shiriki has 3 attacks, a lot of this could happen bing-bang-boom. He could 1) hack a vehicle, 2) jump in, and 3) boss it around, all within the span of a single Narration.

The autopilot is Average (8). It will have a tough time in the storm, which will be rolling 12 dice against piloting actions. Failure doesn't necessarily mean a crash, but it's not good either. It could be a collision of some sort, perhaps resulting in damage to the Dragon's armor or other interesting malfunction. Maybe the skids get ripped off, so it's hard to land...

If people have other ideas about the best way to balance SR's fluff with Anarchy's rules-lite approach, I'm open to hearing them.

@Pap @Glorious @MDMann I need actions from you. It's been almost 48 hours since the call went on. Things are going to go south fast if you all start holding actions to pick your noses.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (19:37:03/04-07-17)
I was waiting to see the results of the people ahead of me initiative wise, but we can assume it is of the shooting variety following this logic:

Are there any un-used, still breathing enemies? If yes, shoot as follows

               If only one is left, shoot him/her.

               If two are left, shoot the one with the most damage assuming it does not have a Dan Dan in the way. Transition second shot to other enemy if the target is dropped on the first shot.

Else, shoot the fomori until he is out of combat, then work targets as above.

Shooting: AGI 5 + Skill 4 + Amp 2 - Bliizzard 3 - Range 2 = 6 (http://orokos.com/roll/503787): 2#6d6t5 0 3

Looks like it won't much matter...
 
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (11:22:44/04-08-17)
I'll. Post tonight. I'll write the post, then roll the dice, then edit to fix any discrepancies. Dan-Dan should take out 1 man, possibly discreetly.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (14:15:45/04-08-17)
I'm not sure why you wouldn't roll first and then write, but follow your creative process where it leads. I look forward to seeing it.

Don't forget that the two humans don't get a defense roll, as they didn't do well on their Perception tests.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (00:43:37/04-10-17)
Things I don't know the location of
1) Pap, who has been missing for a week without notice. I'll puppeteer him for the moment.
2) MDMann's rolls, which I'll make on his behalf so we can keep moving.


Dan-Dan
I'll start with Dan-Dan. He gets a free attack on one of the humans since he out-stealthed them. Per his IC, we'll go with one stabbing attack and tranquilizer attack. I'm going to make the stabbing attack first to address the man's armor and the tranq attack second. I agree that it's a bit dumb to deal with the armor this way; I'm thinking of possible solutions to deal with armor to keep things moving. A -4 Called Shot to avoid armor is not out of the question. I'm open to suggestions.

Stabby stab: AGI 6 + Close Combat 4 + Weapon Focus 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/504282): 12d6t5 4 hits

Strength 6 divided by 2 is 3, plus 1 is 4, plus 4 hits is 8 boxes of damage against the human's armor. Now on to tranq rag.

Nighty night: AGI 6 + Close Combat 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/504283): 10d6t5 4 hits

Base damage is 6S plus 4 hits equals 10 boxes of damage. 4 go against "armor" and the human takes the other 6. I'm going to disregard his bone lacing due to the nature of the damage. He's at -2 now.


Swoopy
I'm going to rule that Swoopy shoots the other human because he gets undodgeable shots. This might not be 100% within Glorious' provision orders, but so it goes.

One shot connects for 6S plus 3 nets hits equals 9 boxes of damage to the man's armor. I'm again going to disregard the bone lacing since the damage is going against armor.


Ité
Hmm, what should Ité do. Well, cat's out of the bag with the fomori's gunshots, so he'll tell the drone to load some ammo onto the Ares Dragon. The longer the Dragon stays on the ground, the more ammo that will get loaded.

Bossing around ammo drone: Logic 5 + Hacking 6 + Spec 2 + VR 1 + Codeslinger 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/504284): 16d6t5 3 hits

Not very impressive. Let's Edge that. Edge reroll (http://orokos.com/roll/504285): 13d6t5 5 hits

So 8 hits total. Let's see what the Host has to say about that:

Host Host resist (http://orokos.com/roll/504286): 12d6t5 3 hits

Eh, I guess Edge wasn't necessary after all. Pity. The drone gets to work putting ammo on the Dragon.


Human #1
This poor bloke is being stabbed and roofied by Dan-Dan. He'll try to spin around with the butt of his gun and thump Dan-Dan in the head. This only works because Dan-Dan's knife didn't get all the way through the armor.

Going clubbing: Agility 5 + Close Combat 3 - Wound 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/504288): 6d6t5 1 hit

@MDMann Dodge 1 hit, please.


Human #2
This chummer just got shot out of nowhere and he knows it. He'll go prone and comm for backup while looking for the shooter:

Spotting Swoopy: Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/504291): 8d6t5 2

@Glorious Please roll your large Stealth pool against the chummer's 2 hits here.

Now, going back to the top of the order:


Fomori
The fomori doesn't really have a target, since he doesn't see Dan-Dan and Chante just went invisible. He knows his comm is acting up so he's going to Blind Fire, more with the goal of continuing to raise the alarm than to successfully hit Chante (although he might).

Shooting the night: Agility 4 + Firearms 2 + Cybereyes 2 - Blind Fire 6 (http://orokos.com/roll/504287): 2d6t5 1 hit
Second attack: Agility 4 + Firearms 2 + Cybereyes 2 - Blind Fire 6 (http://orokos.com/roll/504289): 2d6t5 0 hits

@Jayde Dodge 1 hit, please. Base damage is 8P + terrible shame if you don't manage to dodge it.


CharacterInitiative     Distance     Condition     Armor     Plot Points     Edge     Notes
Fomori Officer5-0S 0P0GMGMComm malfunctioning
Chante4Medium0S 0P1235 of 6Invisible (2 hits)
Dan-Dan4Medium0S 0P1246 of 6
Ité YeyΆ4Far (and in VR)0S 0P1244 of 6
Shiriki4Far (and in VR)0S 0P1241 of 2
Swoopy2Far (other dish)     0S 0P1252 of 3
Human Soldier #1     1-6S 0P4GMGM
Human Soldier #2     1-0S 0P3GMGM
GMN/AN/AN/AN/A33 of 3

Actions to all PCs.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (01:35:41/04-10-17)
Dodge roll

Dodge agility 6 + acrobatics 5 (http://orokos.com/roll/504306): 11d6t5 3 3 hits not sure sure if it's acrobatics or close combat I'd roll but it's academic anyway.

Close combat to hit him again
Combat agility 6 + close combat 4 + weapon focus 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/504309): 12d6t5 2 2 hits, sheese

Slip him a Mickey Finn
Drugging agility 6 + close combat 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/504311): 10d6t5 5 5 hits, more like it.


Stealth to stay hidden
 Stealth Agility 6 + Catlike 2 + Mentor Cat 1 + Stealth 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/504304): 13d6t5 5 5 hits

Same again please Sam. Let's lay this sucker out cold.

I edited the post and added in the new round of actions. I can split it into a separate post if it's clearer.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (01:47:57/04-10-17)
Dodging is Agility + Logic. It's one of the best reasons not to dumpstat Logic in Anarchy. (The second-best reason is Perception.) This would actually give Dan-Dan one extra die, which he doesn't need in this case.

Soldier dodging the blade: Agility 5 + Logic 3 - Wounds 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/504315): 6d6t5 1 hit

Dan-Dan does 4P base + 2 net hits = 6P. The soldier's bone lacing kicks in and the soldier takes 4P.

Then it's on to the sweet sweet drugs. Dodging: Agility 5 + Logic 3 - Wounds 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/504317): 6d6t5 3 hits

Dan connects with 2 net hits. That moves the damage from 6S to 8S. The man is now at 14S, which exceeds his Stun Monitor and puts him to sleep. ZZZZ.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (09:42:39/04-10-17)
Agility 7 + Logic 3: (http://orokos.com/roll/504467) 10d6t5 4 hits
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (12:26:41/04-10-17)
Thanks, Jayde. Good dodge. Go ahead and declare your next round of actions.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (17:40:31/04-10-17)
Stealth post Shot: 14 base - 6 I'm shooting at you from the open + 3 But theres a blizzard and range = 11 (http://orokos.com/roll/504721): 11d6t5 3

Still sneaky
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (17:43:24/04-10-17)
Actions to all PCs.

Thank you, Glorious. You remain undetected.

I'll say it again in case it was lost at the bottom: we're now in the second round. The fomori has acted, so everyone else can now take their turns. Dan-Dan has put his man to sleep, so we have the fomori and the second human to address.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (19:00:05/04-10-17)
Shooting the Fomori:

Agility (7) + Firearms (5): (http://orokos.com/roll/504761) 12d6t5 5 Hits BOOYAH!

Fomori Defense:

Agility (4) + Log (3): (http://orokos.com/roll/504762) 7d6t5 2 Hits

Ugh, -2 to his damage, so that's only 9 stun, he's down to 2 stun left.  Still beats his strength, that's twice I've pushed him down.

I am of the mind he should be losing one of his attacks for being knocked prone... .. ....!
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (12:12:45/04-11-17)
So, again about Shiriki's actions: his 3 "Attacks" is a drone Amp, that is only to be used with gun drones.  I'm going to go ahead and make a roll for issuing commands to the Dragon, and have the previous roll stand piloting the Roto-drone, as Amp stuff aside I think he could still accomplish both in a Narration.  But, I need to remember that Shiriki has 2 "Attacks" in meat-space, due to his Wired Reflexes, or 3 with his gun drones, via the Amp.  In VR, it looks like he's stuck with one.  If gaining control of the Dragon makes it function as a Gun Drone, let me know, Tec.  That certainly makes things easier once we get moving.  I guess the main sticking point is whether the Custom Gun Drone is software in him, or hardware in the drone.

Going to Pre-Edge again.  This is my last individual Edge, so @Jayde, I'll be poaching off of Chante from here on out.
Hacking: LOG (6) + Hacking (5) + Cerebral Booster (1) + VR (1) = 13 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/505135): 13d6h4 8
Coding is off.  That's actually 7 Hits, as we don't re-roll 6s.

Host resists with 12 dice.
Host Resist: 12 (http://orokos.com/roll/505137): 12d6t5 3

Between Shiriki and Ite, the dragon is warming up, and getting loaded.

For 2nd pass, or round 2, or whatever we're calling it, Shiriki is going to take 3 shots.  The first will be at the prone Fomori.  The latter two will be at the last remaining human.  I'm going to give them both Defense tests because of the poor Piloting roll.  There shouldn't be any Range penalties.

Drone Shooting (Fomori): AGI (8) + Vehicle Weapons (6) + Assault Rifle Spec (2) + Control Rig (2) + VR (1) + Smartlink (1) = 20 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/505142): 20d6t5 8
Bzzz.

AGI (4) + LOG (3) = 7 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/505143): 7d6t5 3
5 Net Hits brings the damage up to 11S, -2 to 9S total.  That should put him the rest of the way to sleep.

Drone Shooting (Humann): AGI (8) + Vehicle Weapons (6) + Assault Rifle Spec (2) + Control Rig (2) + VR (1) + Smartlink (1) = 20 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/505144): 2#20d6t5 9 7
Nice little pair of bursts.

AGI (5) + LOG (3) = 8 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/505147): 2#8d6t5 0 3

6S base becomes 13S and 18S with Net Hits and Bone Lacing.  I think that will take him out of the game.

IC forthcoming.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (13:40:28/04-11-17)
@rednblack You are correct that some of your attack actions are due to the drone amp and are not interchangeable with Matrix attacks. I misspoke.

Hmm, good question on whether the Dragon should function as an independent gun drone. Let me think about this. On one hand, it seems like it would make sense given the setting, but on the other hand, for game balance, I want to avoid Shiriki just hacking every drone in sight and ending up with a huge swarm of drones that give him a bajillion attacks. The software vs. hardware shadow amp is a good distinction to make. For now, we'll say that Shiriki has to jump into the Dragon to operate its weapons.

When running Ité's actions, I also noted that it was strange that he only got one Matrix action. I will tentatively propose the possibility of house ruling this so that VR provides +1 attack. That would at least balance out the current, less-logical situation of Shiriki having 2 attacks in the physical world (via Wired Reflexes) while only having 1 attack in VR.

I'm going to stick by my earlier restriction of not having the extra action stack with the gun drone attacks while being jumped into them - chalk up it to the limited firing rate of the gun drones - but this would create the opportunity for Shiriki to be hacking on the side while the gun drones do their thing. This will be especially important if Pap doesn't return.

If anyone else notices absurdities in the rules, let me know. Some we'll have to keep in the name of game balance or keeping things rules-lite, but if there are logical fixes that aren't complicated then I am open to considering them.

@All Nice work on dispatching the three soldiers, and good IC posts too.

In one of my finer moments, I took my work laptop home last night and then didn't bring it back to the office today. I am working on a backup computer so I don't have my usual books and resources handy. The next step is for me to write up an IC post for Ité and then move things a step forward, but that might not be until this afternoon or evening.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (13:46:29/04-11-17)
I agree that having Shiriki hack a bunch of drones and then get 3 attacks per would be pretty unfun for everyone involved -- myself included.  One possible interpretation would be for Shiriki to have 3 attacks total on Gun drones.  This way, if he's splitting his actions between the Dragon and the roto-drone, or three drones, or whatever, he's got 3 attack actions to make.  If at some point in the future, Shiriki has a whole swarm at his disposal, I guess those drones acting independently could do their own thing with one attack per, but only the primary would benefit from extra attacks.  Am I making sense here?  Thoughts?
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (15:20:30/04-11-17)
If Shiriki gets a swarm he gives it a command (or three) and the whole swarm follows the command/s, doing the same thing. Each individual in the swarm adds as many extra dice as seem appropriate to each action. But it's only rolled once per action. The same for defence.

How does that work?
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (01:07:21/04-12-17)
IC post is up. Let's get a round of IC posts from everyone to cover the next thirty seconds or so. The demo team needs most - but not all - of that to finalize the placement of the charges.

For reference, the gunfire was at the dish to the west. The drones and spirits are converging in that direction. The spirits will dematerialize and rematerialize near the western dish. That will take ten seconds or so. They are slow and cumbersome and you can outrun them, but they could still interfere with stationary targets, like the demo team or the charges themselves. It's possible that they could be lead on a merry chase. Have fun with your narrations.

(Speaking of spirits, @Jayde we've been neglecting your air spirit.)

Swoopy is at the dish to the east. Chante and Dan-Dan are at the dish to the west.

The guard shacks (the head and shoulders symbols) each have a pair of guards that will emerge once they override the door locks. The thirty dudes in wet t-shirts will be emerging from the little hut.

The Dragon is one of those four-lined symbols next to the dish on the left. The other Dragon is there too, plus whatever other vehicles a Narrator chooses to place there. Dragons are roughly the equivalent of a CH-47 Chinook. Your gunship has two machine guns on each flank, one machine gun to the aft, and a cannon/launcher to the fore. Thanks to Colloton's generous military budgets, the machine guns are being loaded with APDS ammo. Unfortunately, that will make it more difficult to comply with your orders "to remain non-lethal to the greatest extent possible." Conversely, the UCAS might have spent their budget on ammo instead of software because Shiriki thinks that the Dragon's autosofts are definitely from last generation, maybe even two generations ago. (That's generations of software, not people.) In other words, it's a bit dopey.

Let me know if you have questions but, as always, you are free to fill in the gaps as you see fit.

(http://i.imgur.com/De1kyQG.png)
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (20:24:58/04-12-17)
Think the east-west positions are reversed Tec...
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (12:44:49/04-13-17)
Anyone have a post reference for that? I'll change it if it's been established already.

Thanks everyone for the IC posts. Rednblack is real-lifing at the moment but hopes to have a post up tomorrow. Pap is still MIA and in very real danger of having Ité's brain cooked by IC. I'll give him through the weekend to reemerge. I'll continue to IC post for him in the meantime.

@Jayde, do you want to roll a couple rounds of back-and-forth between the air spirit and the earth spirits? The earth spirits only have 7 dice to attack and the air spirit has 12 dice to dodge, so it should be able to stand a step or two ahead. (Remember the house rules about spirits. The earth spirits are "greater" and thus have stats as listed in the book. The air spirit is "regular" and thus has -2 to its listed attributes.)

If you don't want to, I might during some downtime.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (13:51:31/04-13-17)
I wasn't really meaning for them to duke it out.  I guess Spirits in general don't have access to their 'powers' per se... but my thought was that it was using 'concealment' and just flavoring it in the context of snow flurries... which being a solid object, would be opaque to astrally perceiving beings.  The idea is that they are blinded and don't have LOS on any of us and can't really track our movements.

The flurries would affect anything in the area, actually, which works with concealment because it conceals us rather than blinds others...
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (14:08:29/04-13-17)
Even in SR5, Concealment is a Physical power and would not affect astrally assensing beings.

Similarly, snow is not sufficient to blind someone on the astral.

I'm actually curious about this now. I strongly suspect that an air spirit - even a lesser air spirit - would be very competitive with a greater earth spirit. It comes down to the air spirit's superior Agility (or, conversely, an earth spirit's inferior Agility) and the lack of a soak roll in Anarchy.

Even with my house rules, a lesser air spirit would roll 9 to attack vs. the greater earth spirit's 9 to dodge. Ties go to the attacker, so advantage lesser air spirit.

The lesser air spirit gets 8 to dodge vs. the greater earth spirit's 7 to attack, so advantage lesser air spirit again.

Immunity to Normal Weapons doesn't apply in this case. Since the earth spirit doesn't get a soak roll, it's almost as fragile as the air spirit. The earth spirit does have a better condition monitor and would do more damage if it connects, but I'm going to take this as a point of imbalance between the different spirit types. That said, I think it's more the case that earth spirits are markedly inferior rather than air spirits being superior to the other types. Fire spirits are very good, and Water/Man are fairly competitive too.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (16:03:35/04-13-17)
[spoiler=Rules musings]I really do hate astral perception rules pretty much nullifying the sneaking skill outright.  I have ways I deal with it in my games, because honestly, rules as written, I think it's pretty much impossible to ever do anything quietly against anyone who even has a minimal amount of funding.  Stack four force 1 watcher spirits facing a different direction and boom, done deal, no one can ever quietly infiltrate without you knowing.

As for snow blocking astral perception, it would block it as well as it would normal eyesight.  You can't see through non-organic material, water is inorganic, if all the snow between a perceiver and a target were compressed (cross-sectioned?) into a 2d space and there were no holes in coverage (as in 50 meters between them in a full on blizzard) then vision would be obscured.[/spoiler]

Yeah, the conceal power would not work against spirits, I wasn't thinking of that in my excitement about the snow idea... was just trying to think how to mechanically explain it, since spirits of Air don't necessarily have any sort of way to generate wind... psychokinesis, maybe...

But I hear ya!  Spirits fighting.  got it  :P
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (19:29:50/04-13-17)
"<<Six, Two. East demo set. I'm outbound at fence. Break>>

<<3 man patrol just came out, doing close walk on the dish. Might see demo in a few minutes. Break>>

<<If they see it, I'm blowing charges unless you say otherwise. Over.>>"

"Swoopy nodded at Chante, breaking east from the last rally point while the specialty support team went to work."

"..speaking of which, he was nearly at his plotted turn south, where the trees were thickest and north of the eastern dish."




Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (13:45:29/04-14-17)
First off, IC is forthcoming.  I probably need to make some rolls, and if I can pawn off some on Pap all the better.  In the 30 seconds Shiriki would like to accomplish the following:

1. Get Roto-drone back on the right side of the fence and then hover about 10M up at the rendezvous point and await the team.
2. Get turrets bricked.  I was thinking we could save one for Shiriki to use for the underwear boys, but since they won't be firing non-lethal rounds, and underwear boys don't have armor, unless they're going MMO-styled bikini armor, so any shots would have the likelihood of killing them.
3. Get Dragon piloted to the rendezvous point.

Ite should be able to handle #2.  With how they're spaced, knocking out 3 should be plenty. 

Pap's got 12 Hacking dice vs. the Host's 12.  He has 5 Edge remaining, so I'll have him spend Edge on each test.  That ups his pool to 13, and will leave him with 2 remaining Edge, which will hopefully be enough if the Spider takes note.  As a quick note/question, I notice that Pap was subtracting 4 dice for distance, while I was using the 12 dice resistance to account for distance.  I thought Tec had said to do so, but if I was in the wrong, I've been overestimating my Hacking pool by nearly half.  Let me know how I should proceed there.

LOG 5 + Hacking 6 + Specilization 2 + VR 1 + Codeslinger 2 - Far 4= 12 (http://orokos.com/roll/506331): 3#12d6t4 8 5 7
8, 5, and 7 Hits respectively.

The Host resist with 12 dice.
Host Resist: 12 (http://orokos.com/roll/506333): 3#12d6t5 1 5 2
Second one comes in close with a tie, but since that goes to the attacker, Ite should be able to knock out each turret. 

Once the Dragon is refueled, Shiriki is going to pilot it to the rendezvous point, or as close to it as he can get.  A Piloting test is in order.  As per Tec's earlier post, the storm will be opposing with 12 dice.
Drone Piloting: AGI (8) + Pilot (5) + Control Rig (2) + Combat Pilot (2) + VR (1) = 18 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/506336): 18d6t5 5

Environmental Opposed Roll: 12 (http://orokos.com/roll/506338): 12d6t5 7
Damn, son.  Shiriki is not living up to his reputation with the whole keeping the vehicle off the ground thing.  Given the fact that this is takeoff, that's a crash, I would think.  That means damage to Shiriki and the Dragon = the Dragon's Durability/2.  And guess what?  The Bulldog has a Durability of 16, so let's go with that.  Shiriki takes 8P, as does the Dragon. 

Shiriki is at -2 to his next roll.
Drone Piloting: AGI (8) + Pilot (5) + Control Rig (2) + Combat Pilot (2) + VR (1) - Wounds (2) = 16 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/506345): 16d6t5 4
Not terribly sub-par, but Shiriki wouldn't survive another crash, so I'm stealing one of Jayde's Edge to re-roll failures.
Edge Re-roll (http://orokos.com/roll/506347): 12d6t5 5
9 Hits total.

Storm opposes with 12 dice.
Environmental Opposed Roll: 12 (http://orokos.com/roll/506348): 12d6t5 0
hahahahaha.  Sorry, Jayde.

The damaged vehicle protests, but it gets airborne, and on its way. 

@Tec, how much ammo do we have?  Shiriki will try to leave the boys in their dress blues alone, but it could be useful against those Spirits, depending on how they're gaining on the forward team.

About the Air Spirit v. Earth Spirits, it does look like the Air Spirits would have an edge on average, but with such a small advantage in dice pools, I don't know that that edge should be relied on in this instance.  Anything could happen once it's popped into the dice roller.

On Concealment and Sneaking v. Astral Perception I was of the same mind as Jayde for a long time, and strongly considered altering Concealment specifically to affect the Astral as well.  But, in SR5 anyway there are Metamagics one can take that address that -- making your aura appear as that of an insect, small animal, etc. depending on the location.  Anarchy doesn't have anything related, though it could be a good use for a Shadow Amp.  To my mind Sneaking should be a valid way of getting past Astrally Perceiving entities, depending on the environment.  If there is a lot of Astral clutter, cover, etc. one should be able to Sneak.  The blizzard is interesting as the storm wouldn't impede Astral vision, but water does, so would the blizzard shorten the effective range of Astral sight as more and more water is between the viewer and the viewee, or are Astral bodies so bright that they would effectively be beacons cutting through the dark.  I'm thinking the latter is more likely as even full body armor doesn't interfere with Astral sight, even though a thin pane of glass does. 

Anyway, I'm going to get on that IC.

ETA: it occurs to me that I should probably also put in a Perception test.
Perception: LOG (7) + WIL (6) + Control Rig (2) = 15 dice (http://orokos.com/roll/506364): 15d6t5 3
Shiriki is looking for the team's current position as well as the approach of the various antagonists.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (17:28:00/04-14-17)
For the spirits, first I'm going to determine initiative:

Air Elemental
Street Runner Ini (http://orokos.com/roll/506406): 6d6t5 2 hits

Earth Elemental 1
Prime Runner Ini (http://orokos.com/roll/506407): 8d6t5 3 hits

Earth Elemental 2
Prime Runner Ini (http://orokos.com/roll/506408): 8d6t5 2 hits

I'll say tie goes to the air Elemental because it is otherwise faster.

So Earth Elemental 1, Air Elemental, Earth Elemental 2.

I realize I am typing Elemental instead of Spirit Of...  not going to change all of that...

So the Spirit of Air is moving in and the first Spirit of Earth lobs clod of icy dirt at it (Elemental Attack Earth), so attack roll is... what?  Spirits usually get exotic weapon proficiency along with their elemental attack...?  so we'll assume they have it at 3 (1 for the Spirit of Air?)

Spirit of Earth Elemental Attack
Agility (4) + EW (3): (http://orokos.com/roll/506412) 7d6t5 5 hits!!!

Uh oh...

Agility (8) + Log (4): (http://orokos.com/roll/506413) 12d6t5 5 hits! PHEW!  Grazing hit.  No secondary affect for dirt clods.

The Spirit of Air stays out of melee range, and shoots it's own lightning arc.

Agility (8) + EW (1): (http://orokos.com/roll/506414) 9d6t5 2 hits I accidentally rolled 11, so I roll 9 (http://orokos.com/roll/506417) and if it's higher ignore it.. got 3, so 2 hits it stays.

The Spirit of Earth 2 Dodges

Agility (4) + Log (5): (http://orokos.com/roll/506416) 9dt65 2 hits Secondary Electrical Effects?  I say yes!  -1 to rolls.

The second Spirit of Earth throws it's own dirt clod.

Agility (4) + EW (3): (http://orokos.com/roll/506419) 6d6t5 2 Hits (I rolled 7, so took off the last die)

And the Air Elemental Dodges:

Agility (8) + Log (4): (http://orokos.com/roll/506420) 12d6t5 3 hits

I'll IC post shortly.

Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (17:46:39/04-14-17)
@Glorious
Roger, I'll edit my earlier post.

@rednblack
Thanks for the long posts. I'm going to GM adjust the damage from the crash. The Dragon has some armor on it that will help cushion the blow. We'll use the Heavy Drone example on p. 135. That gives the Dragon 1 box of auto-soak and 12 boxes of armor. The crash does 8, of which 1 hit gets auto-soaked, leaving 7 boxes for the armor.

But, not to let Shirki off the hook too easily, we'll say that he's Disoriented (-2) for his next Narration until he clears his head.

The IC post makes a mention of refueling, but to my knowledge the drone was never ordered to refuel the Dragon. Ité ordered the drone to add ammo instead. Given the 30 second of load time, the drone can load enough ammo for ten (10) machine gun "attacks", and five (5) cannon/launcher attacks.

@Jayde
Thanks for the rolls. We will call them Earth Elementals from now on, which is what they were called through 3E when they were summoned by a hermetic.

Greater/lesser only applies to Attributes, not skills, so you were right to roll 11 for the air spirit attack.

This applies to everyone: if you roll too many dice, just drop the appropriate number from the sequence that Orokos provides. Since Orokos doesn't order the dice (lowest to highest, for example), dropping from the end of the sequence is equitable.

Remember that ties go to the attacker; there aren't any grazing hits in Anarchy. The earth elemental and the air spirit both connect. The earth spirit does 5P - let's skip the combat power since these aren't combat spirits, we'll just use natural attack - which eats 5 out of 6 boxes of the air spirit's armor.

If you're using the air spirit's elemental attacks - and it sounds like you are - then the proper dodge roll is Strength + Willpower. (See p. 138.) Unfortunately earth spirits are pretty badass at these (16 dice to dodge) so let's call it an unarmed attack instead, even if those are pitiful, to match the rolling you've already done. That translates to 1P so - kapow! - the earth spirit now has 11 boxes of armor instead of 12.

@All
For evac, Dan-Dan and Chante could conceivably jump in the Dragon as it is taking off. Or something more dramatic, hmm?

Swoopy will need to make a run through the woods. Given the snow and his full body armor, he'll need about a minute to do this.

Shiriki and Ité will need to pop out of VR - or will they - and then run ~100 meters north to the evac spot.

The good news is that Pap logged into the site today so I'm hoping he re-emerges. I'll give him a couple days. If he hasn't risen by Easter, then it's off to the tomb for Ité.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (10:00:00/04-15-17)
I've posted a quick reply but hope to post something longer later. Hopefully Daniel will vault into the belly of the departing dragon as the dobermans are snapping at his heels. Hopefully.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (11:20:31/04-15-17)
Athletics: 12 , Target 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/506645): 12d6t5 4
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (15:40:38/04-15-17)
I PM'd Pap again. I plan to move things forward either Sunday night or Monday morning.

@MDMann
Go ahead and make an Athletics test for jumping into the Dragon. You have have +2 for Wall Running / Light Body as they will help. It's not necessarily a difficult jump but the downdraft from the Dragon's rotor blades will make it trickier than usual. Note, the Dragon in its gunship configuration has a ramp at the rear, not open doors at the sides. It has four landing wheels at each corner.

We'll stay that it's an Average jump:

Average jump difficulty (8 ) (http://orokos.com/roll/506668): 8d6t5 1 hit

Well that's thoroughly disappointing. I was hoping it would be a little more challenging. Anyway, once you roll you'll be able to IC something cool. Maybe wall running up something to jump into the back.

Actually, let's make this interesting. I'm going to spend a GM Plot Point on a variation of Surprirse Threat / Malfunction: the rear hatch of the Dragon will not open. Either it's frozen shut or it was damaged while Shiriki was crashing it. If you want a ride out of the base, you'll have to jump on one of the landing wheels and hold on for dear life during the short ride to the rendezvous point. This should only take one Narration, but the bad news is that you won't be able to fully dodge incoming fire. You'll still get a dodge roll since you'll be attached to a moving vehicle, and thus hard to hit, but you won't get your full AGI + LOG pool.

@rednblack
A reminder: Shiriki's body is in the woods, say halfway through. He'll eventually have to drop into AR if he's going to make it to the extraction point himself. He has great Agility but, still, running through the snow is difficult. It will take him about 30 seconds to get there unless you want to drop a Plot Point to double-time it.

@GloriusRuse
Great IC post. You're creeping forward into the next Narration but that's okay. Swoopy is getting a good workout but is up to the challenge.

@All
The next step is going to be similar to the last step. I don't know if we'll break into Initiative again or if we'll just abstract it. The clothed guards will break out of their shacks and will begin searching for targets. That will take them a little while to do so they'll probably only have time for 1 attack, not 10. Same with the drones. The spirits will continue to rumble unless they receive orders to do something else.

You don't have to declare and roll yet; I'm still planning on an IC post to wrap up this first 30 seconds before we move onto the next 30 seconds. And, with luck, Pap will reemerge before then.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (18:12:32/04-17-17)
No word from Pap so Ité is in my tender loving care until...

We're doing the same thing again for the the next thirty seconds. There are six guards emerging from the guard huts; they are largely blinded and disoriented. Four are to the west (the two huts there) and two are to the east (near Swoopy). The ones near Swoopy can't see him but can see his footprints. The RNG wasn't very creative this morning and made 5 humans, 1 elf, all of them male.

Per Glorious' IC post, the two near him will blind fire into the forest:

Soldier #5: AGI 6 + Firearms 4 - Blind Fire 6 (http://orokos.com/roll/507386): 4d6t5 3 hits
Soldier #6: AGI 5 + Firearms 4 - Blind Fire 6 (http://orokos.com/roll/507387): 3d6t5 1 hit (mislabeled as Soldier #5 in the roll)

@Glorious Dodge your shots. I know that Swoopy has his back turned and isn't exactly paying attention about when to duck and weave, but go ahead and roll your full dodge pool (10) with an extra +2 to represent Cover from the trees.

If you want to IC again, the exploding turrets will effectively startle/surprise them, at which point they'll take cover and stop firing.

@Chante, Dan-Dan, Shiriki
The soldiers to the west are searching for targets. They can't see Chante because she's invisible. They probably can't pick Dan-Dan out yet either. Odds are good that the Dragon is going to make a nice target for them once they get their bearings.

@MDMann
If you're still planning on jumping onto the Dragon, go ahead and roll for it. Your threshold to do so is low (1 hit) but see the previous post for the position it will put you in.

@Jayde
Figure out how Chante would like to make her exit. The spirits are still duking it out, but the earth spirits are taking an interest in the departing helicopter, bulldozer, and dump truck.

@rednblack
I was looking over your last IC post and wanted to make sure we were clear on a couple things. The Dragon is more like a Chinook (front/rear rotors) rather than an Osprey (side propellers/rotors). It doesn't have wings, there is no "right" propeller, etc. Don't forget that Shiriki is at -2 for Disorientation for this narrative.

Everyone ahead and push things through the next 30 seconds (declare and roll as necessary) but don't trigger the charges on the radars yet.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (00:17:06/04-18-17)
Being shot at! base 10 + Cover 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/507513): 2#12d6t5 3 3
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (00:24:43/04-18-17)
Ties go to the attacker. That's 8 boxes against Swoopy's armor.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (06:46:06/04-18-17)
I've added a filler piece. Got an idea but for drama it probably wants to wait until later in the sequence.

To stay hidden
Stealth Agility 6 + Catlike 2 + Mentor Cat 1 + Stealth 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/507542): 13d6t5 9 9 hits! Danyes goes invisible...

For the jump (when he makes it)
Agility 6 + wall running 1+ Light Body 1 + Athletics 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/507547): 12d6t5 4 4 hits. Not too shabby.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (13:14:59/04-18-17)
@MDMann
Just to be clear, is Dan-Dan simply running to the extraction point rather than trying to jump on the chopper as it flies away?

If so, the current Narration will get you about halfway through the woods.

Point of realism: there is no one in the Dragon who could lower ropes out the front doors. That might be a good job for someone who could wall-run up a tree and then acrobatically grab a tire and then scramble inside the Dragon.

I'm going to call this Narration #2, to distinguish it from the #1 (which was the first 30 second Narration). During this Narration, rough locations are:

Dan-Dan: halfway through the woods (if on foot)
Swoopy: halfway through the woods
Shiriki: halfway through the woods (but still in VR pending his action)
Ité: halfway through the woods (but still in VR pending his action)
Chante: TBD
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (15:49:18/04-18-17)
@rednblack
I was looking over your last IC post and wanted to make sure we were clear on a couple things. The Dragon is more like a Chinook (front/rear rotors) rather than an Osprey (side propellers/rotors). It doesn't have wings, there is no "right" propeller, etc. Don't forget that Shiriki is at -2 for Disorientation for this narrative.

I've been using this image, as it comes up under Ares Dragon, even though it obviously says Hauler.  I'll edit my IC to reflect the correct design.
(https://shadowrunberlin.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/sr-hvheli.png)

To clarify, are you saying that Shiriki did not take any Biofeedback damage from the crash?  I currently have 8 of 10 Physical Condition Monitor boxes filled from the botched takeoff.

Now, about this whole broken ramp thing.  Hmm. With Dan-Dan not on board I'm almost tempted to kamikaze the thing into some giant earth spirits and ride the other one out of dodge, but that's relying on some ifs I'm not comfortable with considering everything crashing in on top of us.

With Ité having done about as much damage as he can in the matrix, and the limited ability of the Dragon to pilot itself, Shiriki is going to request that Ité jump out and carry his body back to the rendezvous point.  This could be interesting if Pap doesn't turn back up.  So, Pap, if you're out there, brother, I need a solid.

My understanding is that the Spirits are north of the fence, and the soldiers are making their approach from the barracks.  So, if Shiriki is making his approach to the exfil the spirits would be the closest targets.  While keeping distance at Near (100 meters or so), Shiriki will make 3 attacks against the Earth Elementals.  If I get to choose, I'll level the Assault Canon against the Spirit Chante's Spirit tried to erode, and use two machine gun bursts against the second.

These rolls are assuming that Shiriki does not have Wound modifiers, but is instead only hindered by the -2 for being Disoriented

Drone Shooting (Assault Canon): AGI (8) + Vehicle Weapons (6) + Control Rig (2) + VR (1) + Smartlink (1) - Disoriented (2) = 16 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/507647): 16d6t5 5

Defense: AGI (4) + LOG (5) - Bzz (1) = 8 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/507648): 8d6t5 1
That's 16P - 3 for Immunity = 13P.

Drone Shooting (Machine Guns): AGI (8) + Vehicle Weapons (6) + Assault Rifle Spec (2) + Control Rig (2) + VR (1) + Smartlink (1) - Disoriented (2) = 18 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/507649): 2#18d6t5 3 9
I missed range mods again, which drops me to 3 and 8 Hits.

Defense: AGI (4) + LOG (5) = 9 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/507650): 2#9d6t5 2 4
First Hit does 9P-3P = 6P, which I guess should cost the second roll a Hit. 
Second Hit does 13P-3P =10P.

After that, it's on to the rendezvous point.  Shiriki should land well within this second narration I would think.

I'm about to have to go run some errands, but I will try to get an IC up today or tomorrow.

Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (16:36:51/04-18-17)
Agi 7 + Ath 2: (http://orokos.com/roll/507677) 9d6t5 2 hits

Jumping onto the bulldozer.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (16:46:56/04-18-17)
The thought was for Dan-Dan to run towards the extraction point, get delayed or sidetracked by events and jump into or onto a departing chopper with baying hounds snapping at his heels. However, jumping into a moving copter to scramble down some ladders could also work. I was thinking they'd be on spools so could be set to lower automatically with a simple command or button push.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (17:15:14/04-18-17)
To my knowledge, there are no canon images of the Ares Dragon. I checked SR3 and SR4, as well as Rigger 2 and Rigger 3. I've been using something closer to this:

(https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c7/41/89/c741891a124f81517d3ce6ee3504ac3d.jpg)

Pretend those windows are gun ports, and that there's front doors on each side.

@rednblack
Shiriki did not take any biofeedback damage from the crash. This is to stay consistent with Anarchy's approach to Armor being an extra layer of hit points rather than a damage mitigator. There won't be biofeedback damage until the Dragon starts taking boxes of Physical damage against its condition monitor.

The spirits are still south of the fence, as they are dancing with Chante's air spirit. Crashing into them is valid. Or you can blow them the heck up. The Dragon maxes out around 300kph so even if you're not moving at full speed you'll have enough time to both shoot the spirits and fly the Dragon to the extraction point, but you'll beat everyone there since they're all in the process of running through the woods.

Pap will acknowledge the request to pick up Shiriki's body and carry him through the forest. I'll address this in my next IC when the time comes.

As for shooting, you can use the assault cannon but there will be splash damage against Chante's air spirit. If you do shoot, it looks like you'll blow up the earth elementals quite effectively.

@MDMann
There are no ladders on spools to lower automatically, but we can say that Dan-Dan can lower them manually after jumping on.

@Jayde
You have an action in addition to your movement action. Is there anything you wanted to do? (I don't think sustaining Invisibility costs an action. The rules seem to imply that sustaining is a distraction but that regular actions are still possible.)

The dump truck, being faster than the bulldozer, hits the fence first and shorts it out. That kills the dump truck's engine. The bull dozer is slower but plows right through the fence and puts Chante on the edge of the tree line. She'll need about a minute to run to the extraction point.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (12:23:19/04-19-17)
Some of the sources I read on the Dragon described it as a dual-prop, which would make me think it looks more like a Chinook, but I have no idea if those descriptions were pulled from canon or not.

I guess there's the IC question of whether or not Shiriki would see the Air Spirit tangling with the Earth Elemental, but assuming he could, he'd target the first Elemental with the Machine Gun as well.  That would put ammo at 7/10 mg attacks and 5/5 canon attacks.  That drops damage to 12P - 3P = 9P, and leave the Elemental still standing with 10 of 13 boxes filled. 

He'd stick around long enough to finish the work.  Not sure if Chante's Air Spirit will be making another attack before Shiriki gets to act again, but if not, or if he sees it still standing, he'll issue another burst from the machine gun.

Drone Shooting (Machine Guns): AGI (8) + Vehicle Weapons (6) + Assault Rifle Spec (2) + Control Rig (2) + VR (1) + Smartlink (1) - Disoriented (2) = 18 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/507977): 18d6t5 7

Defense: AGI (4) + LOG (5) - Wound Penalties (3) = 6 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/507978): 6d6t5 1
That'll do it.

Machine gun is now at 6/10 attacks.

Now a question of strategy.  Shiriki doesn't want to wait at the exfil location, and 1. leave the team without fire support and 2. potentially give the mounting offense a lead on where the ground operatives are heading.  He could conceivably push the Dragon's engines and issue strafing fire at buildings, vehicles, and drones, but we're already going to be pushing it on getting to the border.  I'm going to say that Shiriki keeps the Dragon near the fence until the last team member has gotten past, and at that point he'll double back for pick up.

I think the last known position of the Dobermans was near the airfield, so as one starts to close, Shiriki will hit it with the assault canon.  It may be worthwhile to put an assault canon round, or three through some of the other vehicles, but let's see how this first shot goes.

Drone Shooting (Assault Canon): AGI (8) + Vehicle Weapons (6) + Control Rig (2) + VR (1) + Smartlink (1) - Disoriented (2) = 16 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/507979): 16d6t5 3
yuck.

Doberman Defense: AGI (8) + LOG (6) = 14 dice (http://orokos.com/roll/507980): 14d6t5 3
Yay for ties going to the attacker.  Doberman takes 12P.  That knocks out the Armor, plus 3 of 11 Condition Monitor boxes.

Ok, IC is coming up.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (12:32:35/04-19-17)
@rednblack is your last post restating your actions or are you pushing into the next Narration? It sounds like the latter, since you listed machine gun ammo at 6/10, but I need a chance for the opposition to react first, including the spirit and the doberman.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (13:29:44/04-19-17)
@rednblack is your last post restating your actions or are you pushing into the next Narration? It sounds like the latter, since you listed machine gun ammo at 6/10, but I need a chance for the opposition to react first, including the spirit and the doberman.

I was indeed pushing into the next narration, or at least pulling past the first few seconds worth of actions in the 30 seconds.  I'll cut out my last IC from the time the doberman gets closer.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (01:29:24/04-20-17)
Alright, I'm not feeling 100% in the meat world so I'll try to get through this without screwing up too much. I might not get to an IC post tonight though.

Let's cover the opposition:

Two soldiers on the east side
Blind fire at Swoopy. Already resolved.

Four soldiers on the west side
Since they can't see metahuman targets, they're going to fire at the Dragon. However, the down-draft is 1) kicking up a ton of snow in the faces (plus it's dark to begin with), and 2) buffeting them, making it hard to fire. Combine this with the fact that they are lowly humans and they are going to have some miserable firing penalties.

Shooting the Dragon: Agility 5 + Firearms 4 - Blind Fire 6 - Wind 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/508198): 4#1d6t5 1 hit 0 hits 1 hit 0 hits

@rednblack You need to dodge two 1-hit attacks. As for what pool to use, I think you roll roughly the same amount of dice (due to shadow amps) whether it's AGI+LOG or AGI+Pilot (Other), so don't fret too much about which one makes more sense to roll. You're still at -2 to dodge. If you take a hit, it's 8P. The armor will auto-soak 1 hit, leaving 7P. The remaining armor will soak 5P, leaving 2P against the Dragon (and Shiriki).

The Dobermen
These are going to open up fire on the Dragon too. They're not quite as blind as the humans but the do have distance penalties.

Shooting the Dragon: Agility 8 + Firearms 3 - Visibility 3 - Wind 2 - Range 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/508203): 2#4d6t5 1 hit 2 hit

@rednblack More of the same. There are no cumulative dodge penalties in Anarchy so you can roll all your defensive dice at once, if you wish.

The Earth Elementals
Shiriki tears one of these up. The other one has large chunks blown out of it to the point where it only has 3P boxes remaining on its monitor.

Before it gets shot again, it will depart to the astral. Then it will zip off to the Dragon and re-materialize inside. Shiriki will immediately be aware of the shift in weight. The Dragon's guns cannot be directed inward.

However, Chante's air spirit pursues and will have one more shot at boxing the Earth Elemental. The Earth Elemental is at -3 due to wound modifiers.

In classic Anarchy fashion, the book doesn't say what defense pool should be used for an Astral Combat attack, so I don't know whether it makes more sense for the air spirit to attack on the astral plane or the physical plane. However, given the air spirit's superior Agility, I'm going to guess that the Physical plane is the best bet. If the air spirit scores two net hits then it might be the end of Mr. Earth Elemental.

Air spirit attack: Agility 8 + Close Combat 3 (http://orokos.com/roll/508205): 11d6t5 4 hits
Earth elemental defend: Agility 4 + Logic 5 - Wounds 3 (http://orokos.com/roll/508206): 6d6t5 3 hits

Actually, upon reflection, this doesn't make sense. The air spirit does S not P when using unarmed attacks, which won't finish off the elemental under any circumstances. The air spirit needs to make a P (Electricity) attack to try to finish off the earth elemental, even if that means going up against a much bigger dodge pool. This is relatively important for the "don't let the earth elemental gut the Dragon and, thus, Shiriki" plan so I'll Edge the air spirit's attack before rolling the Earth Elemental's remaining dodge dice.

Air spirit Edge reroll: Edge reroll (http://orokos.com/roll/508207): 7d6t5 5 hits, so air spirit now has 9 hits total
I already rolled 6 for the Earth Elemental but it's dodge pool against electricity would be STR 10 + WIL 6 - Wounds 3 = 13 so I'll roll the 7 dice difference.
Earth elemental: Dice difference (http://orokos.com/roll/508208): 7d6t5 3 hits, for 6 hits total
However, the Earth Elemental doesn't want to get electrocuted either, so it's going to Edge as well. Edge reroll (http://orokos.com/roll/508210): 7d6t5 2 hits, for 8 hits total

The air spirit does 6P + 1 net hit = 7P = the earth elemental returns to sender.

@rednblack The electrical attack inside the Dragon does not feel good. However, it is skillfully targeted and does not directly damage the Dragon's systems. However, Shiriki gets to be at -2 again next round, this time for Nausea instead of Disorientation. However, this is much much preferable than what the earth elemental was going to do to you via hot sim, which was probably going to be the equivalent of turning your rib cage into a blender to liquefy your innards.



I'll cover Ité's actions when I get a chance to write the IC. The bad news is that he's link locked, cannot successfully jack out, and and can't drop to AR to carry Shirki out.

The barracks burst open and a couple dozen shivering soldiers who are sopping wet and ill-clothed pour out into the storm. They are waving around a hodgepodge of weapons but collectively they'll amount to a good wall of lead.

Here's where we are at the end of Narration #2:

Dan-Dan: halfway through the woods on foot
Swoopy: halfway through the woods on foot, now safe from blind fire
Shiriki: physically halfway through the woods, mentally in the Dragon and getting tazed from the inside out (-2 next round)
The Dragon: near the fence and tree line, busy down-drafting snow into all the suckers faces
Ité: halfway through the woods (stuck in VR due to link lock)
Chante: riding the bulldozer out of the base, she's now past the fence and is at the treeline
Air Spirit: riding the Dragon
6 clothed guards: blind firing at the Dragon and/or Swoopy
The Dobermen: blind firing at the Dragon
Boxer brigade: shivering in their boxers, looking for things to shoot so they can go back inside, especially the Dragon which is making the wind that much worse on their cold cold fannies

I'll try to IC this in the morning. Feel free to line up your next actions, but only rednblack and Chante are in a position to affect the opposition Swoopy or Dan-Dan decides to stop running and turn around.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (03:07:08/04-20-17)
Dan-Dan will probably continue on to link up with Swoopy, check his vitals and haul his meat carcass towards the RV point.

Here's a question. For Swoopy. Do you want a quick pick me up when tge good doctor reaches you? I'm thinking something for the disorientation and naseuea? Something I cooked up. It may have side effects... a mixture of awakened coffee and awakened tobacco (nicotine). Effects to be determined by the GM. Dan will take notes.. I'm tempted to write it as awakened Peyote instead.  ::)
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (14:16:38/04-20-17)
Let's see how Shiriki does with his Defense rolls.  I'm going to use LOG to keep with core.
Drone Defense: AGI (8) + LOG (6) + Cerebral booster (1) + Control Rig (2) + Combat Pilot (2) + VR (1) = 20 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/508356): 4#20d6t5 5 7 5 4
Ain't no thing.

Are the Dobermans also firing 8P weapons?
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (14:26:14/04-20-17)
Working on an IC post now.

@MDMann Swoopy is not wounded. His armor took the hit, and his armor doesn't particularly care about Awakened tobacco. Nobody is currently wounded, but - per your request - I'll try to ding one or two so that you can witch-doctor them.

@rednblack Nice dodging. However, if you're going to use Logic then technically you shouldn't be using the Control Rig and Combat Pilot shadow amps. That's why I said the dice pools were roughly equal: either you have LOG 6 + Cerebral Booster 1, or you have Pilot (Other) 5 + Control Rig 2 + VR 1. I actually forgot about Combat Pilot, so that would be another +2. So, ignoring Agility as the constant, you either have 7 dice with Logic or 10 with Pilot (Other). We'll call it Agility 8 + Pilot 10 = 18 to dodge going forward.

Don't forget your temporary -2 either. Dropping the last 4 dice changes the results to 3 hits, 5 hits, 3 hits, and 3 hits. All are still successful dodges.

And yes, correct, the Dobermans/men are firing assault rifles too.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (14:59:05/04-20-17)
Dan-Dan will probably continue on to link up with Swoopy, check his vitals and haul his meat carcass towards the RV point.

Here's a question. For Swoopy. Do you want a quick pick me up when tge good doctor reaches you? I'm thinking something for the disorientation and naseuea? Something I cooked up. It may have side effects... a mixture of awakened coffee and awakened tobacco (nicotine). Effects to be determined by the GM. Dan will take notes.. I'm tempted to write it as awakened Peyote instead.  ::)

Shiriki is Disoriented and Nauseous.  I can't think of anything bad that might happen from a pilot under the effects of peyote. 
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (16:11:52/04-20-17)
Shiriki is just nauseous now. The disorientation has faded but was replaced with nausea.

IC is up. I think I covered everything. Next up: more of the same. Go ahead and declare your actions for the next 30 seconds or so. (If you need a point of reference, I am calling the past narration #3 and this upcoming one #4.) That will be enough time for Swoopy to make it to the extraction point, or to change course and reach Shiriki's position. Same for Dan-Dan. Chante is a bit behind the others but could probably reach Ité/Shiriki this turn too. She's the most vulnerable to blind fire though.

You have enough time to discuss the situation (e.g. Chante's question about alternative routes) in addition to whatever physical actions you want to take.

You can physically yank the wire out of Ité's datajack, but it will either make him puke his guts out (best-case scenario) or have a stroke (worst case).
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (16:58:24/04-20-17)
Awakened Peyote. Wyle E Peyote. I wonder what the effects would be?
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (17:14:50/04-20-17)
For the record, peyote is native to SW Texas and Mexico. To my knowledge, it's not a Sioux tradition.

Awakened tobacco sounds promising though. @MDMann, if you have Chrome Flesh, the drug Snuff (p. 183) is a reasonable precedent.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (00:45:34/04-21-17)
Only cracked plates here. No need for peyote.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (00:47:32/04-22-17)
Gonna be out of the loop for about a week.  I may find a moment to check in, but possibly not.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (19:16:28/04-24-17)
Alright, slackers, let's get some actions up before I murder you all for standing still.

Ball is in your court and you're twiddling your thumbs in the meantime.

Glorious has a post up. Per Swoopy's investigation, I'm attaching a map to this post in case anyone hasn't bothered to look up your geographical situation.

You're in the very northwest corner of Kansas, at the tip of the red arrow. The good news is that there are Sioux borders to the north, west, and south. Pretty much the only direction you don't want to go is east, especially since there are scary things headed in your direction from the east. Probably GMC Thunderhawk Ground Assault T-Birds, the gunship version of the Banshee, or maybe even GMC Gryphons.

As for the roads, refer to Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/L9ZffB7ofi92

Highway 36, going west, is the most direct route. You can take Highway 27 north or south, but those are longer. (You need to get to Haigler in the north or past Goodland to the south.)

Of course, if you're taking major roads then the people following you can do the same. You can venture onto the farm roads, but those are mostly buried by the blizzard. You could go on foot and try to lose your pursuers in the storm, but that will take a long time, and not everything is blinded by the snow...
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (21:16:06/04-24-17)
Updated the old post significantly.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (22:11:22/04-24-17)
Looks like first order of business is addressing whether or not we should look for alternate means out.  I don't think the battlefield has changed meaningfully enough to abandon the Dragon, or the current exfil location.  We've got some good dynamic advantages with our lead, and our relative stealth.  We need to capitalize on that, which is why I don't favor abandoning the current course.

Shiriki will say as much in my next IC.  If the team feels differently, or if it comes down to Captain's orders, that is fine by me OOCly and ICly.

The question of what to do about Shiriki and Ite's body is a troubling one.  Part of me thinks I should abandon any current gunning plans to get the Dragon to the exfil as quickly as possible.  I can use "attacks" as "movements" as well, and vehicles can already go from Far to Near on a static target, so Tec, can I land the chopper, jack out, and start my running approach to the exfil location this Narration?  If so, how close can I get?

Assuming Ite is still Link-Locked, I'm not sure if I should manually pull the plug or not.  I can't see Shiriki carrying out a troll.  I have a hard time seeing him leaving Ite either, so that's a bit of a sticking point.

My actions this narration will be dependent on the above questions.  It may also be prudent to make a second stop to pick up Ite and Shiriki, but anybody like Jayde who knows more about this stuff have an opinion on that?  Or just anybody in general?

I'll put in my dice rolls tomorrow.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (23:00:43/04-24-17)
Great post, GloriousRuse. Top-notch summary of the situation you're facing.

@rednblack This is a 30-second Narration - longer than a standard combat Narration - so you don't have to stick with the normal action economy. The Dragon is flying into a headwind but doesn't need to go that far. It can probably cover the distance in 10 seconds. Then say another 10 seconds to land, which is longer than usual but it is a big storm. That gives Shiriki another 10 seconds to get up and get moving.

You don't need a roll to fly the Dragon to the exfil point, but how about a roll to land it.

Moving Ité is a challenge. As it happens, a similar situation came up in the first PbP game I GM'd. The last man standing needed to move a wounded troll. The player was an outdoorsman in real life and presented me with a travois. I had never heard of it but it was a clever solution. Given your collective IC history - and your collective Survival skills - I would expect at least one PC to be familiar with them. Swoopy certainly would, and Shiriki too given his knowledge skill.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travois
http://www.native-languages.org/travois.htm

The good news is that you are surrounded by trees that could potentially supply the materials for a travois. The other good news is that they work well on snow and frozen ground. The bad news is that it would take time to make one, and that slaloming through the trees while dragging Ité is not a fast prospect. You'll definitely be eating into your allotted twenty minutes, plus you'll be fighting a rearguard action against your pursuers.

There are other potential approaches but I'm not going to provide all the available solutions.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (02:09:27/04-25-17)
You'd be surprised. One man probably could manhandle a troll on his back. You can lift a pretty heavy amount, especially if you carry it right. One man in this case would be slung over the shoulders. It wouldn't be great or quick but at least there'd be plenty of ablative armour. It would be quicker though harder on the back to move with two people carrying. You'd probably get your full move but lose your attacks.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (12:51:30/04-25-17)
The travois is an idea, but I worry that will leave the team at the exfil location fighting off the mounting defense from a static position.  I think we may be better off doing pick up this narration and then leap-frogging to Shiriki and Ite's hidey-hole.  This will also give Ite more of a chance to beat the Link-Lock if he's able, or if Pap returns.

Shiriki will fire off commands to the roto-drone to abandon the rendezvous point and b-line it to the front lines, laying a nice barrage of covering fire as it does so.  I'm just going to roll 1 attack of its dog brain for now.  My understanding is that it would get AGI (8) + Projectile Weapons (3) = 11 dice base to attack.  That right?
Drone Dogbrain Attack: AGI (8) + Projectile Weapons (3) - Wind (2) - Range (2) = 7 dice (http://orokos.com/roll/510131): 7d6t5 1
Blah.

Let's see who the roto-drone misses.
1-18 Guard, 19-20 Doberman (http://orokos.com/roll/510132): 1d20 1
So, I guess that's a human.  Maybe the most human of the humans.  Or the Kurtziest of humans.  Frag that guy.

I'm going to spend a Plot Point to include a Glitch die on his Defense test.
Physical Defense: AGI (5) + LOG (3) = 8 dice + Glitch die (http://orokos.com/roll/510134): 8d6t5 1 1d6 2
Well, the Glitch die doesn't do anything, but he's Hit for 6S and gets twitchy with no armor to cushion the blow.

Next order of business is a Piloting test to land.  Let's hope landing goes better than takeoff.
Drone Piloting: AGI (8) + Pilot (5) + Control Rig (2) + Combat Pilot (2) + VR (1) - Nauseous (2) = 16 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/510137): 16d6t5 4

Environmental Opposed Roll: 12 (http://orokos.com/roll/510140): 12d6t5 4

I'm guessing Shiriki is the attacker here.  So, it's a rough landing, but a landing.

I'll toss an IC up shortly.

Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (12:59:37/04-25-17)
I don't know who or what "Orbaal new manors" is. Neither does Google.

A realistic weight for Ité is 500kg, and very likely more due to his armor and gear. I am going to rule, unequivocally, that none of you can carry him by yourself. Two or more of you may be able to drag him, but even that's a stretch. You most certainly would not get your full movement, especially given the challenges with the snow.

Anyone interested in metahuman weights should read this, starting on page 28: http://www.shadowrun.us/materials/SHADOWRUN%20Supplement%20Issue%2013.pdf

Good IC post by MDMann, but we don't have a lot of discussion about where to go next, or how. The default is to continue what you were doing before, which involves Chante and Dan-Dan running through the woods while Shiriki lands and pops out of VR.

I'm considering Pap to have dropped. He's only been online once in the last 3.5 weeks, and even then he didn't post here nor respond to my PMs. Ité will expire at an inconvenient time and place.

Thanks for the rolls, rednblack. Evidently Kurtz's good luck expired at midnight.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (13:55:05/04-25-17)
Thanks.

Orbaal is a proto feudal realm where approximately 8000 barbaric Ivinians rule over 40000 oppressed Jarin serfs whose patchwork principalities they conquered 2 generations ago. Last generation they put down a bloody revolt. I think it's my autocorrect. Note, this is for a game that is crunchier than shadowrun. I'll edit it to something appropriate. Corporal Konrad by the way is very badly hungover. Karma is a bitch but we love her anyway.  ::)
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (14:57:54/04-26-17)
So, Jayde's out for most of the week, and we still haven't heard from Pap.  Who still needs to get a post in?
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (15:11:55/04-26-17)
It's probably on me at this point. Yesterday was unexpectedly busy and I worked until 11pm. I hope to get one up soon, perhaps late this afternoon or tonight. I'll try not to advance it too far so that we can give Jayde a chance to contribute once he's back.

Before I forget, the rear ramp of the Dragon was a plot point Malfunction, and those are intended to be temporary. We'll say that it jarred loose with Shiriki's rough landing, so it is now down and you can come and go through the back. Note that there is a medium machine gun perched on the ramp to provide fire to the rear.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (15:21:38/04-26-17)
It's probably on me at this point. Yesterday was unexpectedly busy and I worked until 11pm. I hope to get one up soon, perhaps late this afternoon or tonight. I'll try not to advance it too far so that we can give Jayde a chance to contribute once he's back.

Before I forget, the rear ramp of the Dragon was a plot point Malfunction, and those are intended to be temporary. We'll say that it jarred loose with Shiriki's rough landing, so it is now down and you can come and go through the back. Note that there is a medium machine gun perched on the ramp to provide fire to the rear.

Wiz.  No worries.  I just didn't want anybody to get geeked.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (17:13:20/04-26-17)
No worries. We all have busy times
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (01:04:08/04-27-17)
Still writing this one out in my head. In the morning!
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (13:52:44/04-27-17)
Blind fire that might hit Chante: Blind Fire (http://orokos.com/roll/511032): 10#1d6t5 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 1

@Jayde, please dodge five (5) 1-hit attacks. Remember that ties go to the attacker.

Blind fire that might hit roto-drone: Blind Fire at roto-drone (http://orokos.com/roll/511035): 6#1d6t5 0 1 0 0 0 0

The Dobermen are also firing at the roto-drone. Their sensors are operating a bit better than the metahumans. Agility 8 + Firearms 3 - Visibility 3 - Wind 2 - Range 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/511039): 2#4d6t5 2 1

@rednblack You need to dodge two (2) 1-hit attacks and one (1) 2-hit attack.

The good news is that nobody is pursuing you into the forest due to the covering fire. IC forthcoming.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (14:05:40/04-27-17)
Let's see how the little roto-drone does.
Drone Dogbrain Defense: AGI (8) + LOG (6) = 14 dice (http://orokos.com/roll/511043): 3#14d6t5 3 4 4
Nice.

Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (14:12:37/04-27-17)
Agl 7 + Log 3: (http://orokos.com/roll/511047) 10d6t5 5 hits
Agl 7 + Log 3: (http://orokos.com/roll/511048) 10d6t5 4 hits
Agl 7 + Log 3: (http://orokos.com/roll/511049) 10d6t5 4 hits
Agl 7 + Log 3: (http://orokos.com/roll/511050) 10d6t5 2 hits
Agl 7 + Log 3: (http://orokos.com/roll/511051) 10d6t5 3 hits
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (14:16:32/04-27-17)
Alright, dice are holding up for you.

IC is up. You're all physically safe for the moment but that could change in a hurry as backup arrives. Nobody is in immediate pursuit but you could also have a dozen spirits on your position within minutes, or seconds for all you know.

Ball is back in your court for another round of actions.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (14:29:48/04-27-17)
I couldn't not...   ::)
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (14:44:10/04-27-17)
I have zero objections to Arnold-based anachronisms and/or cultural references.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (15:10:54/04-27-17)
While everyone is piling into tha choppa Shiriki will jump out and pull Ite's plug.  Yoink.  If conscious, he'll try to help him to his feet and stumble his way out of the copse of trees before collapsing back into Hot-sim, and he'll pilot his way to their location.  Will all team members be able to load up during this next Narration?
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (16:41:10/04-27-17)
At this point, Dan-Dan and Swoopy are at the chopper.

Chante is still en route and could conceivably be passing by Ité and Shiriki.

When Shiriki pulls the plug, Ité will projectile vomit and suffer a massive stroke.

Vomiting on Shiriki (http://orokos.com/roll/511126): 9d6t5 6 hits

Shiriki needs to dodge 6 hits to avoid the vomit comet. Ité is very large and produces a large area attack as a result.

Ité is in bad shape. He's not dead but he will be soon without medical attention. How you want to resolve that is up to you.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (17:27:21/04-27-17)
Ok, let's see how Shiriki handles the AoE.
Meat Body Defense: AGI (8) + LOG (6) + Cerebral Booster (1)  = 15 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/511138): 15d6t5 6
A valiant try, but ties go to the attacker.  I'm guessing Shiriki is Nauseous again.

He will attempt to administer First Aid.  It looks like Ite has an Essence of 5, so that cuts out a die.
LOG (7) + Biotech (2) - Essence (1) - Nauseous (2) = 4 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/511139): 4d6t5 1
Not a lot of help, but maybe that will stabilize him.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (17:40:29/04-27-17)
Shiriki avoids the worst of it. He's probably not nauseous, but "slippery" might be a fair modifier. Don't worry: the vomit will freeze and chip away soon enough.

Anarchy is funny about first aid. It's mentioned as something you can spend a plot point on, but then the effect is fixed and not dependent on a roll. In fact, I'm not sure I can find a reason in the book to roll Biotech, unless the skill and the plot point are parallel systems. Perhaps you can use plot points independently and whenever you might need one, rather than burning a Narration on first aid.

Shiriki breaks out his medicine bag and finds Ye Olde Trauma Patch or Stabilization preparation or whatever rednblack sees fit to find. He manages to find a patch of exposed skin to apply it to. Ité will not immediately expire, although it might have been more convenient if he had.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (13:23:26/04-28-17)
While you're considering your next actions, you can assume that - through shared biomonitor information - you all know what happened to Ité. You don't have to wait for Shiriki to officially tell you ICly. What to do with the giant slab of meat is an important question.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (13:56:28/04-28-17)
I think leaving him would be a massive mistake (heavy too),  even if it takes us another narration to get him aboard. I've been waiting for the word on his stroke. Not sure when I'll be able to post (weekends are busier, I usually post whilst travelling) and it's a bank holiday Monday, so it might be Tuesday before I can get something up. I'll try for earlier but no promises.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (15:50:13/04-28-17)
Shiriki avoids the worst of it. He's probably not nauseous, but "slippery" might be a fair modifier. Don't worry: the vomit will freeze and chip away soon enough.

Anarchy is funny about first aid. It's mentioned as something you can spend a plot point on, but then the effect is fixed and not dependent on a roll. In fact, I'm not sure I can find a reason in the book to roll Biotech, unless the skill and the plot point are parallel systems. Perhaps you can use plot points independently and whenever you might need one, rather than burning a Narration on first aid.

Shiriki breaks out his medicine bag and finds Ye Olde Trauma Patch or Stabilization preparation or whatever rednblack sees fit to find. He manages to find a patch of exposed skin to apply it to. Ité will not immediately expire, although it might have been more convenient if he had.

So, first aid is weird.  It's listed as something that falls under the Biotech skill, but no real rules exist for it that I could find.  And then there's the Plot Point business, which doesn't require a skill at all.  It should be noted that Shiriki's Medicine Bag doesn't have medical supplies, and so far it's purely an RP item.  I was operating under the assumption that we all had at least a basic medkit in tow. 

About taking actions to keep Ite alive, I've been trying to figure out how to proceed here.  Shiriki and the rest of the team wouldn't ICly leave him, or take actions which would allow him to expire, but with Pap gone that puts us in a bit of a bind. 

I think our best bet is for Shiriki to exit the copse of trees, take the pilot's seat and physically jack in to the Dragon -- no chance of enemy hacking at that point -- and have 2 of the stronger team members load Ite onto the Dragon before departing. 
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (19:42:45/04-28-17)
I am traveling Monday and Tuesday. I should have internet access the whole time but my schedule might be goofy.

In other news, my toddler is transitioning from two naps a day to one, so my regular schedule is also goofy until we reach a new equilibrium.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (16:30:01/05-02-17)
Alright, let's get some posts up. Still need IC posts from rednblack and MDMann.

Let's also get some problem-solving going for the Ité situation. You have tools available in your tool box. Let's use them.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (12:28:27/05-03-17)
Coming up. Where Dan fails to stop Ite's plug being pulled.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (01:27:52/05-04-17)
Short IC is up.

@rednblack You didn't roll any attacks for your roto-drones so I'm assuming that you are pulling them back. If not, then you'll have a better sense of what's happening at the base but they'll also be subject to incoming fire.

There's nothing crashing down on your position yet but the odds increase every minute.

Feel free to keep posting and advancing the action.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (15:59:06/05-04-17)
I forgot about the vomit!  Thanks for the save, Tec.  I will make it a point to put something about that in my next IC.

The Roto-drone is indeed being pulled back.  Ideally, it would do some sort of tactical retreat, firing off rounds as it heads back toward the Sioux border, but that's more to cause chaos and confusion -- as well as lead the UCAS boys and girls away from their position -- but I'm not sure how much the dog brain can handle.

Looks like Chante has carrying Ite covered.  Shiriki will move his meat sack into the helicopter and physically jack in to the Dragon, and do lift off as soon as everyone's aboard. 

I'm going to go ahead and roll Piloting for liftoff. 
Drone Piloting: AGI (8) + Pilot (5) + Control Rig (2) + Combat Pilot (2) + VR (1) = 18 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/514056): 18d6t5 5

Storm resist
Environmental Opposed Roll: 12 (http://orokos.com/roll/514057): 12d6t5 1

That's looking better.  Shiriki must be more focused now that a potentially dying brother-in-arms is aboard.  I'm sure the rest of the crew will appreciate that.

Shiriki will try to keep the Dragon low to avoid radar, but Shiriki the pilot and rednblack the player have very different understandings here of how that works.  If anyone wants to set me straight, I'd appreciate it. 

Next step is setting up a secure channel with the SDF to let them know they're homeward bound so that they don't get knocked out of the sky entering Sioux airspace in a UCAS helicopter.

@Tec, how far should I push things ICly?  Also, how many Piloting tests do you want in the interim?  Last, what's the fuel situation looking like?
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (16:53:08/05-04-17)
Chante summons a spirit of earth. Let's call this a regular spirit, unless Chante wants to go after a greater one. That means we have a Strength 8 spirit moving a Strength 9 Ité. It can do it, but it's slow going (especially since the spirit is Agility 2).

While the spirit is hauling Ité, the Anglos arrive. Chante will see them when she turns around to look. Her astral sight will note that the team is being followed by a watcher. It is leading a spirit toward the team, along with a squad of metahumans. Her low-light vision will also spy the Dobermen.

Let's roll initiative. You'll need to cover the earth spirit as it moves Ité.

@rednblack Shiriki can still be on the ground or he can have climbed into the helicopter already, your choice. Fuel is looking okay as long as you head straight for a border (north, west, or south). You're on the north edge of the woods; the woods are providing you cover from the base's turrets. North will be the safest direction, but only if you fly low enough that the turrets won't have an angle to hit you (by firing over the trees). But the bad news is that north will fly you straight into the storm, and so you'll be moving the slowest and will have the greatest risk of running out of fuel.

Shiriki will pilot like a boss when the time comes, but it's too early to fly away yet.

@Chante You're in the vicinity of the earth spirit. You can stop to return fire or you can climb aboard the Dragon (using your movement action) to operate one of the machine guns. Or, you know, charge in with your tomahawks. You're still invisible, but the spirit won't care about that.

@GloriousRuse Similar situation to Chante. I presume Swoopy was headed toward Ité with the sled, so he can either stop and fire or he can return to the Dragon to use a machine gun.

@MDMann Similar choices for Dan-Dan. I presume he's starting from the Dragon but you can say that he had gotten out to help Swoopy if you want.

Only two of the Dragon's machine guns can be brought to bear on the incoming squad.

Starting distances to the incoming squad, which can be changed with movement actions (both yours and theirs):
Dragon - Long
Earth Spirit + Ité + Chante - Medium
Shiriki's Roto-Drone - Medium

You're facing off against six soldiers. Rolling randomly:
#1 - male ork
#2 - female human
#3 - male human
#4 - female human
#5 - male ork
#6 - male elf

Plus two Dobermen:
#7 - Doberman A
#8 - Doberman B

Plus a regular spirit of water, which we'll fashion as an ice elemental:
#9 - Ice Elemental

Initiative
4 hits - ?
3 hits - ?
3 hits - ?
2 hits - ?
1 hits - ?
1 hits - ?
1 hits - ?
0 hits - ?
0 hits - ?

If you roll four or more hits on Initiative you can declare and roll. If not, get in line and see what happens before you!
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (17:43:38/05-04-17)
Well Dan's obviously not up to his game considering.

Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/514076): 8d6t5 2 2 hits. Initiative.

He'll head to the patient. Close combat he's the boss. Sneaking. Oh yeah. Shooting. Not so much.

To stay stealthy.

Stealth Agility 6 + Catlike 2 + Mentor Cat 1 + Stealth 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/514077): 13d6t5 6 6 hits. Not bad. Not bad at all.

I'll roll medicine when I get to him. Next round I presume? Anything else I should be rolling. Also let's not kill the mooks after our hoops.

Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (17:54:28/05-04-17)
Dan-Dan can close to the patient this round but how much he can accomplish while Ité is being actively moved (in full body armor) at night in a swirling blizzard is highly debatable. Actually, it's not debatable. Dan-Dan can't do anything productive for Ité until he's in a settled situation. The best thing to do would be to prevent Ité from getting riddled with bullets by the approaching squad that may or may not realize that Ité is a non-combatant.

Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (01:29:07/05-05-17)
Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/514190): 9d6t5 2

I'll stand in line.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (10:40:37/05-05-17)
Initiative: (http://orokos.com/roll/514269) 10d6t5 o hits  Thanks, Orokos.

Chante is still invisible.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (12:49:27/05-05-17)
@Jayde, tough luck with the dice. 0 hits is 0 hits, but your Initiative should be 8 dice unless you spent plot points to add more. Base for prime runners is 8; you would have 9 if you were sustaining Increased Reflexes instead of Invisibility.

I'll give Glorious a few more hours. If he hasn't rolled by this afternoon then I may roll for him and start resolving actions, depending on how the workflow is at the office.

Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (12:56:24/05-05-17)
Lol, I keep forgetting that initiative is a static roll.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (17:34:18/05-05-17)
Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/514412): 10d6t5 3

Hmmm. If not dead, go to cover and toss an EMP grenade into their midst. If EMP is considered too exotic, plain ole frag will do
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (18:24:13/05-05-17)
@Glorious, same comment to you. You should be rolling 9 dice for Initiative instead of 10. You get a base of 8 and your Synaptic Booster gives you one more. If you want to spend plot points on Initiative rolls, please call them out explicitly.

The good news is that this doesn't cost you a hit. The bad news is that Swoopy doesn't actually have any grenades. The only person has has any grenades is Ité. I would allow Swoopy to grab one off the troll. The available flavors are smoke (not terribly useful given the current wind conditions) and flash-bang.

I'll resolve the 4-hit and 3-hit rounds when I have the opportunity and then I'll let you express yourselves.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (01:00:52/05-06-17)
Alright, let's get this started. General modifiers for shooting are going to be -2 for visibility (blowing snow) and -2 for wind. These don't apply to melee.

I'm going to roll randomly about who the target is. Chante and Swoopy are currently safe from the mundanes due to Invisibility and a Chameleon Suit, respectively. Dan-Dan is being sneaky for the moment so he's safe until he does something obvious. Shiriki is safe in the Dragon. That leaves Ité, the earth spirit, and Shiriki's rotodrone as valid targets.

Speaking of the earth spirit, let's roll Initiative for it: Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/514546): 6d6t5 4 hits, oh dang

I suppose we should consider rolling Initiative separately for Shiriki's rotodrone too since it's on autopilot without him jumped in. Given the shadow amp points put into it, I'll call it a prime runner: Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/514548): 8d6t5 5 hits, you're welcome!

Well that negates all the rolling I did before thinking of this, or at least puts it on the backburner.

Initiative
5 hits - rotodrone
4 hits - earth spirit
4 hits - ?
3 hits - Swoopy
3 hits - ?
3 hits - ?
2 hits - Shiriki
2 hits - Dan-Dan
2 hits - ?
1 hits - ?
1 hits - ?
1 hits - ?
0 hits - Chante
0 hits - ?
0 hits - ?

I'll eventually get the plot point and Edge table back up. In the meantime, actions to Jayde for the earth spirit and rednblack for the rotodrone.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (07:46:16/05-06-17)
I should look to get a cat familiar with rolls like that. Of course it would do whatever it wanted...

Remember to be nonlethal if we can. Flashbang might be effective. I assume the soldiers are the booted and suited squad?
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (14:56:01/05-06-17)
Ok, I was adding stat blocks ala 5E (phone weekend, no book around) Base 8+1 it is.

One action will be wasted realizing the grenades fell out of web gear somewhere tonight, one will be spent trying to ID the leader and figure out who has what in the squad.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (16:32:02/05-06-17)
Yes, this crew is booted and suited. You don't see anyone in their boxers. They are wearing armor and have helmets, plus goggles that will help negate the darkness penalties. We'll still be using the soldier archtype on p. 137.

The only actions that Anarchy really cares about are movement and attacking. Swoopy does not have to burn an action on Perception or picking up Ité's grenades or anything like that. The goal is to keep the action moving forward instead of micromanaging Free, Simple, and Complex actions. Swoopy may still move and attack. Or not. Up to you.

I rolled randomly for their weapons and came up with a lot of SMGs. See below.

#1 - male ork - Colt M23 (this guy is barking orders and directing fire)
#2 - female human - Colt Cobra TZ-120
#3 - male human - Colt Cobra TZ-120
#4 - female human - Colt Cobra TZ-120
#5 - male ork - Ingram Valiant
#6 - male elf - Colt Cobra TZ-120
#7 - Doberman A - Colt M23
#8 - Doberman B - Colt M23
#9 - Ice Elemental - ice cubes
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (15:34:55/05-08-17)
Roto-drone attack
Drone Dogbrain Attack: AGI (8) + Projectile Weapons (3) - Wind (2) - Visibility (2) = 7 dice (http://orokos.com/roll/515138): 7d6t5 1

I think it's fair to assume that the roto-drone would privilege soft targets over drones, but the dog brain probably can't keep up with who is in charge.  Let's see who it targets.
Target (http://orokos.com/roll/515139): 1d6 3
Looks like the Drone is going after the male human with the Colt Cobra.

Soldier Defense
AGI (5) + LOG (3) = 8 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/515140): 8d6t5 3
He dodges like a champ.

I'm going to say that Shiriki is in the helicopter when the soldiers advance.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (16:46:47/05-08-17)
Ties go to the attacker though, so that's a hit.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (17:52:26/05-08-17)
Ties go to the attacker though, so that's a hit.

The "3" is for the target acquisition roll.  The drone only rolled 1 Hit on 8 dice, so the defender was in good shape to dodge.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (18:08:18/05-08-17)
@Jayde Your IC post has the earth spirit picking up Ité and moving him. That was already assumed to have happened prior to Initiative being rolled.

Do you want the earth spirit to continue its course to the Dragon or do you want it to change tactics?
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (12:47:10/05-09-17)
That's all it was doing, what it was summoned for..  Since we hadn't quite narrated that, I figured it would be appropriate, especially since you specifically asked for a post on the Spirit.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (16:34:37/05-09-17)
Alright, let's get this started. General modifiers for shooting are going to be -2 for visibility (blowing snow) and -2 for wind. These don't apply to melee.

I'm going to roll randomly about who the target is. Chante and Swoopy are currently safe from the mundanes due to Invisibility and a Chameleon Suit, respectively. Dan-Dan is being sneaky for the moment so he's safe until he does something obvious. Shiriki is safe in the Dragon. That leaves Ité, the earth spirit, and Shiriki's rotodrone as valid targets.

#4 - female human
Shooting at Shiriki's rotodrone: Agility 5 + Firearms 4 - Environment 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/514543): 5d6t5 3 hits

#7 - Doberman A
Shooting at Earth Spirit: Agility 8 + Vehicle Weapons 3 - Environment 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/514545): 7d6t5 4 hits

#1 - male ork
Shooting at Earth Spirit: Agility 5 + Firearms 4 - Environment 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/514544): 5d6t5 0 hits, well I'm sure it sounded scary anyway

Dodging to rednblack and Jayde for the rotodrone and earth spirit.

Initiative
5 hits - rotodrone
4 hits - earth spirit
4 hits - #4 human female
3 hits - Swoopy
3 hits - #7 Doberman A
3 hits - #1 male ork

2 hits - Shiriki
2 hits - Dan-Dan
2 hits - ?
1 hits - ?
1 hits - ?
1 hits - ?
0 hits - Chante
0 hits - ?
0 hits - ?

Action to Shiriki and Dan-Dan.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (20:17:27/05-09-17)
Held action released then if ATKs weren't spent grenade snafuing and observing.

Shoot the orc! Base 11 - 4 mods, mid range = 7 (http://orokos.com/roll/515453): 2#7d6t5 2 5

Bad day to be an orc.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (20:28:18/05-09-17)
No dodge for the first attack since Swoopy was chameleon suiting. Swoopy is a valid target now that he has fired.

I presume this is the Colt M23. Are you using regular ammunition or stick-n-shock?

2 net hits for the first attack.

Second dodge: Dodging (http://orokos.com/roll/515458): 8d6t5 1 hits

That's 4 net hits for the second attack. Let me know what ammo you're using and we'll figure out what sort of shape he's in.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (20:35:26/05-09-17)
As much as I want to say APDS, SnS. For now. 
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (12:34:15/05-10-17)
Roto-drone dodge:
Roto-drone Defense: AGI (8) + LOG (6) = 14 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/515553): 14d6t5 6
It's a miss.

Shiriki is going to jump into the Roto-drone.  He doesn't want to be jacked into the Dragon should it take any fire, since he won't be able to dodge, and ouch.  Does the earlier ruling of the Dragon not being able to fire independently if issued commands still stand, or can it make an attack?  If it can make an attack, Shiriki will command it to only fire with one machine gun in an effort to hold back a little bit of ammo.

From the roto-drone, Shiriki will make three attacks.  The first two will be centered on the ork and presumed leader, while the third will try to hit one of the Dobermans.  Let's see if Shiriki can find the one he's already hit.  I'm going to say that the blizzard is the main opposition here, and I'll roll 12 dice to resist, as per Piloting tests.

Perception: LOG (7) + WIL (6) + Control Rig (2) = 15 dice (http://orokos.com/roll/515554): 15d6t5 1
What a poor roll.

Environmental Opposed Roll: 12 (http://orokos.com/roll/515555): 12d6t5 7
Ouch.  Let's say whichever Doberman Shiriki hits is not the one that's "wounded."  Unless he would've one-shot it, in which case it was.

Drone Shooting: AGI (8) + Vehicle Weapons (6) + Assault Rifle Spec (2) + Control Rig (2) + VR (1) + Smartlink (1) - Environmental Modifiers (4) = 16 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/515557): 3#16d6t5 4 5 4

Ork Defense:
AGI (5) + LOG (3) = 8 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/515558): 2#8d6t5 6 3
He dodges the first, and gets caught by the second.  6S is staged to 8S damage.

Doberman Defense:
AGI (8) + LOG (6) = 14 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/515560): 14d6t5 6
And another miss.

I'll try to get an IC up today.

ETA: I missed that the ork No. 1 was shot twice.  Let's target the other ork, No. 5 instead.


Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (12:52:40/05-10-17)
Earth Elemental Dodge: Agl 2 + Log 3: (http://orokos.com/roll/515565) 5d6t5 3 Hits Not bad, still got hit.  -3 to the damage.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (01:52:41/05-11-17)
Ammo
A brief word about ammo. So far we've been using regular rounds and stick-n-shock (6S base). In an effort not to slow things down with the reduced damage code of SnS, I'm also going to say you're all carrying gel rounds too. These will do Stun with the same numeric damage code as your weapon. Some targets will be immune to gel rounds.

Per Anarchy's relaxed approach to actions, you can switch back and forth between ammo types unless there's a good reason you couldn't. For example, the Dragon can't switch ammo types.

When we get to spend karma, you can upgrade your ammo - e.g. APDS, Explosive, etc. - via Shadow Amps. Until then, you're stuck with the three examples above.

I'm going to override my previous question to Glorious about what ammo type Swoopy is using and will make it gel rounds instead, which will be more effective than SnS in this instance.

#1 - male ork
Swoopy does 8S+2 then 8S+4. The first hit knocks his armor down to 2 boxes out of 12. The second hit knocks off the final two boxes of armor and passes 10 boxes to the ork. The ork's bone lacing soaks 2 of those boxes, leaving the ork with 8S. He's flat on his back, gasping for breath.

Chante's spirit of earth
Doberman A connects with 1 net hit. Base damage is 8P staged up to 9P. Immunity to normal weapons reduces that to 6P. That reduces the earth spirit's armor to 6 boxes out of 12.

Shiriki and drones and Dragon
Let's try to balance this with what's reasonable from a gameplay perspective and what makes sense given the setting.

The rotodrones can attack a maximum of 3 times, regardless of whether Shiriki is jumped in or not. The advantage of Shiriki being jumped in is a better dice pool (15 vs. 11).

If Shiriki is not jumped in, he gets 2 attacks of his own in the physical world (base 1 + wired reflexes 1) or 2 attacks in the matrix (base 1 + VR 1 per earlier house rule).

Shiriki can issue an order for the Dragon to fire but with the following caveats.
- Per an earlier post, the Dragon has crappy autosofts. This limits its skill rating to 1. Thus its dicepool is 7 for shooting.
- It still has the -4 modifiers. No range modifier though.
- Attacks must include a glitch die. If you glitch, you strike a Wildcat instead.

The drone's second shot connects with #5 male ork with two net hits. I'm going to say that the drone is also firing gel rounds. That stages up from 8S to 10S. That reduces his armor from 12 to 2.

Dan-Dan
Haven't heard from MDMann so Dan-Dan's action is held.

#3 - male human
Shooting Swoopy: Agility 5 + Firearms 4 - Environment 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/515741): 5d6t5 1 hit

#6 - male elf
Shooting Swoopy: Agility 6 + Firearms 4 - Environment 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/515742): 6d6t5 1 hit

#9 - ice elemental
Elemental attack (ice) at Spirit of Earth: Agility 6 + Skill 3 - Wind 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/515743): 7d6t5 2 hits (no visibility penalty, just wind)
Spirit of Earth dodge: Agility 2 + Logic 3 (http://orokos.com/roll/515745): 5d6t5 2 hits
Ties go to the attacker so Spirit of Earth takes 8S with no reduction for immunity to normal weapons. That removes the final 6 boxes of armor and tacks on 2S.

#8 - Doberman B
Shooting Ité: Agility 8 + Firearms 3 - Conditions 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/515744): 7d6t5 1 hit
Not very sporting of the Doberman but what can you expect of dogbrains. Ité can't dodge so the 8P is staged up to 9P. Damage goes against Ité's armor, which has 3 boxes remaining.

Alright, back with the table to keep track of things. This is a new combat so new Plot Points for those with sufficient Initiative boosters, namely Shiriki and Swoopy.

CharacterInitiative     Distance     Condition     Armor     Plot Points     Edge     Notes
Chante's spirit of earth     5     Medium     2S 0P0+Immunity 3Per ChantePer Chante     hauling Ité
Shiriki's rotodrone     4     Medium     0S 0P9+Armor 1Per ShirikiPer Shiriki     
#4 - human female     4     -     0S 0P3GMGMSMG
Swoopy3Medium0S 0P1252 of 3
#7 - Doberman A     3     -     0S 0P9+Armor 1GMGMassault rifle
#1 - male ork     3     -     8S 0P0GMGMassault rifle, knockdown
Shiriki2Far (in Dragon)0S 0P1240 of 2
#3 - male human     2     -     0S 0P12GMGMSMG
#6 - male elf     1     -     0S 0P12GMGMSMG
#9 - ice elemental     1     -     0S 0P9+Immunity 3GMGM
#8 - Doberman B     1     -     0S 0P12GMGMAssault Rifle
Dan-Dan2Medium0S 0P1246 of 6Stealthy (6 hits)
Chante0Medium0S 0P1233 of 6Invisible (2 hits)
#5 - male ork     0     -     0S 0P2GMGMLMG
#2 - female human     0     -     0S 0P12GMGMSMG
Ité YeyΆ0Medium?S ?P342 of 6Unconscious
GMN/AN/AN/AN/A23 of 3

@Glorious Dodge two (2) 1-hit attacks, please. Base damage is 6P.

@MDMann Action to Dan-Dan

@Jayde Action to Chante
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (11:23:45/05-11-17)
In the notes, it says the Earth Spirit has 6 Armor left, but in the table it's 0 and he has 2 stun.

Chante is firing  flashbang from her Ares Alpha.

Agl 7 + Heavy 2: (http://orokos.com/roll/515795) 9d6t5 3 hits

I'm too lazy to see if rules on AoE has changed, so assuming that 3 hits puts the grenade where I want it.

She's aiming at the biggest congregation of Soldiers.

At least two should be within ten meters of eachother, with LUCK, there will be a few more, so I am going to write it based on two + (Hits on an Edge Attribute Roll) Soldiers are in the blast.

Edge 6: (http://orokos.com/roll/515797) 6g6t5 4 Hits That's what I call lucky!

6 soldiers are in a group.  Poor tactics, but it's confusing out here, maybe we can forgive them for it.  So that's 6 targets in the blast.  6 soldiers so if I'm really lucky it's all Soldiers, I don't know if drones are immune to stun damage in Anarchy.  So, based on the following chart:

1-6 Soldiers, 7-8 Drones, 9 Ice Elemental

Victims are:

#1 Male Ork - This guy should be out of the fight. (http://orokos.com/roll/515798)
#4  Human Female (http://orokos.com/roll/515799)
#8 Doberman B (http://orokos.com/roll/515800)
#3 Male Human (http://orokos.com/roll/515801)
#2 Female Human (http://orokos.com/roll/515802)
#7 Doberman A (http://orokos.com/roll/515803)

Leg - mildly derogatory term Airborne qualified Soldiers use for non-Airborne qualified Soldiers.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (12:39:24/05-11-17)
I'll use that held action to close with my patient if I can. I'll treat him on that turn if possible, this one if not. I assume each injury would be a seperate roll (the stroke then the doberman wounds). If Dan has to choose he'll treat the stroke. Let me know and I'll write it up and post. Danyes will stay stealthy if it's an option but his patient comes first.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (16:14:20/05-11-17)
Dan-Dan can't do anything productive for Ité until he's in a settled situation. The best thing to do would be to prevent Ité from getting riddled with bullets by the approaching squad that may or may not realize that Ité is a non-combatant.

@MDMann I already explicitly ruled that there is zero you can do for Ité under the current conditions. Ité is wearing full body armor and is being dragged by a spirit of earth through the snow in the middle of the night in a blizzard in a gunfight. Now is not the time for medical attention.

@Jayde The spirit of earth had 6 armor left after being shot. It has 0 armor left (and 2S) after being attacked by the ice elemental. The table is correct.

As for the flashbang, I'll give you four soldiers for four hits on the Edge test. We'll leave the Dobermen out of the blast radius.

That said, you didn't take the -4 Environmental modifiers. That only costs 1 hit, so you still have 2 hits.

Now, the hard part: how to handle AoE attacks. I am firmly opposed to the "undodgeable attack" school of thought, and I don't want to muddy the Anarchy rules with things like Run For Your Life or scatter. (These are viable uses for plot points and/or exploit/glitch dice.) I'm going to try to keep it simple with a regular dodge roll with a -2 modifier for avoiding an AoE attack.

#1 - male ork: Agility 5 + Logic 3 - AoE 2 - Damage 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/515840): 4d6t5 1 hit, 8S + 1 net hit = 9S
#2 - female human: Agility 5 + Logic 3 - AoE 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/515843): 6d6t5 3 hits, dodged
#3 - male human: Agility 5 + Logic 3 - AoE 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/515844): 6d6t5 3 hits, dodged
#4 - female human: Agility 5 + Logic 3 - AoE 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/515842): 6d6t5 2 hits, 8S

#1 is KO'd.
#4 loses her last three boxes of armor and takes 5S.

Actions now to #5 and #2. The grenade is a concern so let's see if they can pick out Chante.

Chante stealth: AGI 7 + Stealth 2 + Invisibility 1 (http://orokos.com/roll/515866): 10d6t5 2 hits
#5 searching: Logic 3 + Willpower 5 - Conditions 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/515868): 4d6t5 2 hits, spots Chante
#2 searching: Logic 3 + Willpower 5 - Conditions 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/515869): 4d6t5 1 hit, does not spot Chante

#5 - male ork
Shooting Chante: AGI 5 + Heavy Weapons 2 - Conditions 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/515870): 3d6t5 2 hits, it's an LMG

#2 - female human
Shooting spirit of earth: AGI 5 + Firearms 3 - Conditions 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/515871): 4d6t5 1 hit, SMG

CharacterInitiativeDistanceConditionArmorPlot PointsEdgeNotes
Chante's spirit of earth5Medium2S 0P0 + Immunity 3Per ChantePer Chantehauling Ité
Shiriki's rotodrone4Medium0S 0P9 + Armor 1Per ShirikiPer Shiriki
#4 - human female4-5S 0P0GMGMSMG
Swoopy3Medium0S 0P1252 of 3
#7 - Doberman A3-17S 0P9 + Armor 1GMGMassault rifle
#1 - male ork3-0S 0P0GMGMKO
Shiriki2Far (in Dragon)0S 0P1240 of 2
#3 - male human2-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
#6 - male elf1-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
#9 - ice elemental1-0S 0P9 + Immunity 3GMGM
#8 - Doberman B1-0S 0P12GMGMassault rifle
Dan-Dan2Medium0S 0P1246 of 6Stealthy (6 hits)
Chante0Medium0S 0P1233 of 6Invisible (2 hits)
#5 - male ork0-0S 0P2GMGMLMG
#2 - female human0-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
Ité YeyΆ0Medium?S ?P342 of 6Unconscious
GMN/AN/AN/AN/AGMGM

Next steps
@Glorious Dodge two (2) 1-hit attacks, please. Base damage is 6P.

@Jayde Dodge a 2-hit attack against Chante (base damage 8P) and a 1-hit attack against the spirit of earth (base damage 6P)

@MDMann Once the above dodges have been made, I'll write an IC post to wrap up the round. Dan-Dan has until then to act or we'll move on the next combat round.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (13:02:07/05-12-17)
OK, missed the Ice Elemental attack, tracking now, thanks for clarifying.

I understand the AoE ruling, though I don't quite agree :P   Still, I suppose that would make AoE super strong, basically an automatic 12P on a frag, and I certainly wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that without the ability to run for cover or what have you.

Anyhoo, edited the IC post to reflect :)

Also, invisibility simply adds to your Stealth Checks?  Something to consider.  Overall, I am seeing that while Anarchy has some strengths, there are some weaknesses that I'm feeling particularly annoyed by, especially when the weaknesses are somewhat counter to the points of fun narrative gameplay.

But I'm enjoying this particular game itself!

Chante's Dodge:
Agl 7 + Log 3 (http://orokos.com/roll/516128): 10d6t5 3 hits

Phew, not shot!

Spirit of Earth Dodge
Agl 2 + Log 3 (http://orokos.com/roll/516131): 5d6t5 0 hits

Sheesh!  Why did I go with the bargain bin Spirit, this time?
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (13:53:32/05-12-17)
I understand the AoE ruling, though I don't quite agree :P   Still, I suppose that would make AoE super strong, basically an automatic 12P on a frag, and I certainly wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that without the ability to run for cover or what have you.

This is an important point that I'd like to ratify. This was very much my thinking when I was coming up with the ruling. Anything used by the PCs can be used by the GM. As the GM I do not want to use undodgeable 12P attacks as they are ridiculously unfun and, in an Anarchy without soak rolls, a quick trip to a TPK. First grenade = no more armor, second grenade = no more condition monitor.

I am very open to alternative approaches if anyone has a proposal. Using Plot Points is an option.

In hindsight, I probably would have allowed for 1 + Edge hits for the number of targets affected, but I probably would have ruled that a Doberman is immune to a flashbang, so we would have netted out at the same place in the end.


Also, invisibility simply adds to your Stealth Checks?  Something to consider.  Overall, I am seeing that while Anarchy has some strengths, there are some weaknesses that I'm feeling particularly annoyed by, especially when the weaknesses are somewhat counter to the points of fun narrative gameplay.

I'm trying to strike a balance here. Per the rules (p. 32 and 202), Invisibility's mechanical effect is to reroll Stealth dice. This is obviously ridiculous, but on the other hand there are no mechanism for resisting non-combat spells. Currently there's no difference between rolling 1 hit while casting Invisibility or 11 hits.

In Narrative situations, Invisibility will be invisibility and the character won't be detectable unless it's by assensing or some other effect, like scent or sound or footprints in the snow or a silhouette being visible in a rainstorm, etc.

In a combat situation, we need Invisibility to not be an instant-win button where the invisible person can attack with impunity and never be targeted in return. Again, same answer as above, we need mechanics that will give the PCs a shot at defense if the situation is reversed.

I rolled Perception vs. Stealth because it seemed like the best way to abstract the fact that flash-bangs don't generally appear out of thin air. Chante's yelling probably helped break concealment too.


To my knowledge, this is everyone's first time playing Anarchy, so we'll be figuring out what does and doesn't work as we progress. Feedback is welcome.

As I said in the early days of the game, we're all figuring out what we do and don't like about Anarchy. Once you get loaded on the Dragon and (presumably) blow the charges on the radar dishes, we'll have a good break point to discuss next steps, including possible revisions to how Anarchy handles things. If you have ideas, start jotting them down for future discussion.

Earth Spirit
The discount earth spirit takes 6P + 1 net hit, of which 3 boxes are subtracted for the spirit's immunity to normal weapons. That leaves 4P for the spirit, which is now at 2S+4P for a -1 wound modifier.

Next steps
@Glorious Dodge two (2) 1-hit attacks, please. Base damage is 6P.

@MDMann Once the above dodges have been made, I'll write an IC post to wrap up the round. Dan-Dan has until then to act or we'll move on the next combat round.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (18:38:45/05-12-17)
Dodging! With Cover! base 10 + 2 Cover (http://orokos.com/roll/516213): 2#12d6t5 3 5

Sans cover those are 3 and 4  hits respectively. Which I guess is actually a decent question..are we treating cover "more or less" like 5E?
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (19:14:16/05-12-17)
As with most things, Anarchy doesn't say much about cover. There's a line on p.39 that suggests that a character could take cover, but not what the effect of that might be.

I don't want to be too tied to the way things work in SR5 because half the point of Anarchy is to play Shadowrun without playing SR5. Plus, dice pools are generally lower in Anarchy, so using the same modifiers as in SR5 would have a disproportionate impact.

As with most things, the extremes don't make much sense. "Never take a cover bonus" is equally nonsensical to "always take a cover bonus." So, as a general rule, take +1 or +2 if feel that you have decent or good cover and keep things moving.

CharacterInitiative     DistanceCondition     ArmorPlot Points     Edge     Notes
Chante's spirit of earth     5Medium2S 4P0 + Immunity 3      Per ChantePer Chante     -1 wounds, hauling Ité
Shiriki's rotodrone4Medium0S 0P9 + Armor 1Per ShirikiPer Shiriki     
#4 - human female4-5S 0P0GMGMSMG
Swoopy3Medium0S 0P1252 of 3
#7 - Doberman A3-0S 0P9 + Armor 1GMGMassault rifle
Shiriki2Far (in Dragon)     0S 0P1240 of 2
Dan-Dan2Medium0S 0P1246 of 6Stealthy (6 hits)
#3 - male human2-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
#6 - male elf1-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
#9 - ice elemental1-0S 0P9 + Immunity 3GMGM
#8 - Doberman B1-0S 0P12GMGMassault rifle
Chante0Medium0S 0P1233 of 6Invisible (2 hits)
#5 - male ork0-0S 0P2GMGMLMG
#2 - female human0-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
Ité YeyΆ0Medium?S ?P342 of 6Unconscious
#1 - male ork3-17S 0P0GMGMKO
GMN/AN/AN/AN/AGMGM

Next steps
Action is back to the spirit of earth (if it Chante changes its instructions) and Shiriki's rotodrone.

I'll work on an IC to wrap up the first round.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (14:17:24/05-13-17)
Question. Is Ite's stroke a cerebral haemorrhage (c.20% of strokes) or is it an infarction (c. 80% of strokes)? Both make sense in the circumstances. If it's a haemorrhage, a treatment of anticoagulants (probably aspirin) will kill (or if fortunate very badly damage the patient). If an infarction it's the right treatment and seconds matter greatly.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (01:21:47/05-15-17)
To the degree that this is Anarchy, you get to choose which type of stroke Ité is enjoying. Personally I was thinking of it as a cerebral hemorrhage, since that makes more sense to me as the result of biofeedback damage, but this is collective storytelling so make it what you will.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (11:36:18/05-15-17)
Well an infarction is a blockage in the blood vessels caused by all sorts of things (such as high cholesterol), like a chemical imbalance (heart attack of the head) whilst a haemorrhage is a bleed on the brain causing swelling from the pressure. Treatment of either is extremely time critical. For the first it's anticoagulants such as a combination aspirin, diapridomol and chlopridomol. Perhaps followed by a regimen of wharfarin. Which could kill if it's a bleed and will certainly do massive damage.

For the second it's trepanning, drilling a hole in the skull to relieve the pressure. Fun times.

I think Dan will assault the ice elemental. A nice brutal surprise attack. After all, it doesn't have immunity from his knife.

Of course he'll needs wait until it's his action again.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (14:19:52/05-15-17)
My earlier IC medical reference came from googling what to do about a stroke.  If I need to retcon some things to align with MDMann's knowledge here I certainly can.

I think I'm going to let the roto-drone do its work on auto-pilot, and take Shiriki's turn either through the dragon, or supplying some meat-body fire.

The roto-drone gets three attacks.  Besides Spirits, it looks like the valid targets are: #2, 3, 4, 5,  6, 7, 8.  Let's spread the love around, and see what sticks.

Drone Dogbrain Attack: AGI (8) + Projectile Weapons (3) - Wind (2) - Visibility (2) = 7 dice (http://orokos.com/roll/516733): 3#7d6t5 2 4 2

Targets are:
Targets 2-8 (http://orokos.com/roll/516734): 3#1d7 7 7 7
Looks like the dog brain decided to focus fire on Doberman B, #8

Doberman Defense: AGI (8) + LOG (6) = 14 dice (http://orokos.com/roll/516736): 3#14d6t5 6 4 5
The second attack sticks for 8S, dropping its Armor to 4.

Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (14:36:11/05-15-17)
In terms of SR that's exactly the right response for a medibot. It's effective for 80% of strokes and cheap. There's some risk of allergies but that's easily detected (would elves be more susceptible to the allergens) and would treaty the stroke anyway. It's a good initial treatment. Treating a bleed would be far more expensive and need more precision (higher rating). Seconds matter in both cases. Recovery can be suprisingly good. So, you might as well leave it as is. It's why I was asking.

I ought to state, I'm not medically trained (though with a biology degree) but work in health care as a data analyst ... with a past specialism in stroke and current specialism in dementia. I was delighted to read the condition Ite suffered.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (17:12:39/05-15-17)
I was delighted to read the condition Ite suffered.

ha, glad to be of service. I'm actually an analyst too, but not in a medical capacity.

@rednblack More clarifications about drone action economy. My previous advisory left some gaps that could cause misunderstandings. The gun drones can fire up to three times, but don't necessarily fire three times by default. Per the book's text, at Amp Level 3 you gain "+2 Attacks/Movement with Gun Drones." I take this to mean "2 attacks for the drones in addition to the PC's attacks."

The book doesn't really talk much about jumping in and what the mechanics of that might be so we're winging it. I think there's some text somewhere about drones needing commands every turn, but we overrode that so that drones wouldn't be at a disadvantage to spirits (in terms of both costing shadow amp points and needing constant hand-holding).

Ruling: The gun drones can fire 2x on their own, or 3x with Shiriki jumped in. This is partly to avoid 3 attacks for the drones + 2 attacks for Shiriki in the meat = 5 attacks for one person. If Shiriki is jumped in then the actions will be on his Initiative phase. If Shiriki jumps in after combat has started and both the drone and Shiriki have rolled Initiative (such as this case) then we'll use the better of the two rolls.

Let me know if that makes sense or if we need to start at the top and work our way through the logic again. I know this is probably the third or fourth post on the matter.

The rotodrone tags the Doberman. As for ammo, I'm going to overrule rednblack and say that he's better off using stick-n-shock than gel rounds. I'm leaning toward ruling that drones and vehicles are immune to Stun damage with the exception of electrical attacks or certain magical attacks (like elemental attacks from a spirit). This might be a case-by-case basis since a gel round is obviously going to put a hurt on a Fly-Spy. To help counterbalance it, we'll say that electrical attacks have Armor Avoidance on drones and vehicles, and do Physical damage. The Armor Avoidance applies both to net hits and to bypassing the Armor Plating on drones/vehicles.

That means that the rotodrone tags Doberman B with 6S(e)/AA. There are no net hits so there's no AA from that perspective. The Doberman does not get a free point of soak from its armor. It takes 6 boxes of damage to its armor.

CharacterInitiative     DistanceCondition     ArmorPlot Points     Edge     Notes
Chante's spirit of earth     5Medium2S 4P0 + Immunity 3      Per ChantePer Chante     -1 wounds, hauling Ité
Shiriki's rotodrone4Medium0P9 + Armor 1Per ShirikiPer Shiriki     
#4 - human female4-5S 0P0GMGMSMG
Swoopy3Medium0S 0P1252 of 3
#7 - Doberman A3-0P9 + Armor 1GMGMassault rifle
Shiriki2Far (in Dragon)     0S 0P1240 of 2
Dan-Dan2Medium0S 0P1246 of 6Stealthy (6 hits)
#3 - male human2-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
#6 - male elf1-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
#9 - ice elemental1-0S 0P9 + Immunity 3GMGM
#8 - Doberman B1-0P6GMGMassault rifle
Chante0Medium0S 0P1233 of 6Invisible (2 hits)
#5 - male ork0-0S 0P2GMGMLMG
#2 - female human0-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
Ité YeyΆ0Medium?S ?P342 of 6Unconscious
#1 - male ork3-17S 0P0GMGMKO
GMN/AN/AN/AN/AGMGM

Next steps
I'll give Jayde a little bit to change the spirit of earth's instructions, if he so chooses. Otherwise I'll resolve #4's actions and we'll move on to Swoopy.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (17:56:48/05-15-17)
No changes!
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (18:45:31/05-15-17)
#4 female human will continue her assault on Shiriki's rotodrone: Agility 5 + Firearms 4 - Environment 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/516767): 5d6t5 0 hits

Or not.

@Glorious Action to Swoopy.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (20:44:40/05-15-17)
The machinegunner is the next target then.

Death (or bad headaches) to machinegunners! Base 11 -4 environ (http://orokos.com/roll/516795): 2#7d6t5 5 1

Who then naturally gets to defend...

Trying to avoid swoopy shooting. base 8 + 1 for prone/semi cover = 9 (http://orokos.com/roll/516796): 2#9d6t5 6 1

Looks like he is out of armor and is now at 6S. That is not how I would have guessed the hit/miss would have gone.

Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (21:06:02/05-15-17)
Agreed on both counts.

#7 - Doberman A
Continuing to shoot spirit of earth: Agility 8 + Vehicle Weapons 3 - Environment 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/516801): 7d6t5 5 hits

Oo, we have a live one here. @Jayde Dodge roll to you.

CharacterInitiative     DistanceCondition     ArmorPlot Points     Edge     Notes
Chante's spirit of earth     5Medium2S 4P0 + Immunity 3      Per ChantePer Chante     -1 wounds, hauling Ité
Shiriki's rotodrone4Medium0P9 + Armor 1Per ShirikiPer Shiriki     
#4 - human female4-5S 0P0GMGMSMG
Swoopy3Medium0S 0P1252 of 3
#7 - Doberman A3-0P9 + Armor 1GMGMassault rifle
Shiriki2Far (in Dragon)     0S 0P1240 of 2
Dan-Dan2Medium0S 0P1246 of 6Stealthy (6 hits)
#3 - male human2-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
#6 - male elf1-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
#9 - ice elemental1-0S 0P9 + Immunity 3GMGM
#8 - Doberman B1-0P6GMGMassault rifle
Chante0Medium0S 0P1233 of 6Invisible (2 hits)
#5 - male ork0-6S 0P0GMGMLMG, -2 wounds
#2 - female human0-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
Ité YeyΆ0Medium?S ?P342 of 6Unconscious
#1 - male ork3-17S 0P0GMGMKO
GMN/AN/AN/AN/AGMGM

@rednblack Action to Shiriki

@MDMann Go ahead and roll Swoopy's attack on the ice elemental. Given its assensing and Swoopy's weapon focus, you'll have to be very sneaky if you want to surprise it. I expect a clever narration. Otherwise it's going to get 10 dice to dodge. You have two attacks, so if you do damage in the first attack it might have fewer dice to dodge in the second attack.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (04:01:34/05-16-17)
Well I thought of something clever but...

Stealth Agility 6 + Catlike 2 + Mentor Cat 1 + Stealth 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/516897): 13d6t5 0 0 hits stealth...

It didn't work.

Attacks Agility 6 + close combat 4 + foci 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/516899): 2#12d6t5 2 3 2 hits and 3 hits. 1 Edge to Reroll misses (not sure if it's one or both attacks). If 1 ignore the second set.

Reroll (http://orokos.com/roll/516900): 10d6t5 3 3 hits,  total 5
Reroll (http://orokos.com/roll/516901): 9d6t5 2 2 hits, total 5 (if not ,3 hits)

Dodgy icy please

Dodge ice (http://orokos.com/roll/516904): 2#10d6t5 4 2  4 hits and 2 hits. That's a net hit of 1 on the first attempt. Not sure on the second as damage may reduce the dodge pool (one hit was late, one was early in the sequence) and whether the Reroll applies to the second attack or not.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (12:51:03/05-16-17)
@MDMann Edge reroll only benefits the first attack. That said, I'm actually going to spot you the point of Edge to compensate for the dubious distinction of managing to roll 0 hits on 13 dice (odds: 0.5%). We'll apply that to your second roll.

Base damage of the weapon focus is 4P. First attack connects with 1 net hit, second attack connects with 3 net hits. That makes the first attack worth 5P and the second attack worth 7P. Immunity to Normal Weapons does not apply so that eliminates the ice elemental's 9 boxes of armor and leaves it with 3P and a -1 wound modifier.

I'm finding melee a bit unsatisfying with the STR/2 approach to base damage. I'm open to considering the SR5 approach of not halving the base damage before applying modifiers. The catch, as always, is that it would apply to the opposition as well. I'm more interested in game balance than strict reality. Thoughts and opinions?

CharacterInitiative     DistanceCondition     ArmorPlot Points     Edge     Notes
Chante's spirit of earth     5Medium2S 4P0 + Immunity 3      Per ChantePer Chante     -1 wounds, hauling Ité
Shiriki's rotodrone4Medium0P9 + Armor 1Per ShirikiPer Shiriki     
#4 - human female4-5S 0P0GMGMSMG
Swoopy3Medium0S 0P1252 of 3
#7 - Doberman A3-0P9 + Armor 1GMGMassault rifle
Shiriki2Far (in Dragon)     0S 0P1240 of 2
Dan-Dan2Short0S 0P1245 of 6in melee with #9
#3 - male human2-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
#6 - male elf1-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
#9 - ice elemental1-0S 3P0 + Immunity 3GMGM-1 Wounds, in melee with Dan-Dan
#8 - Doberman B1-0P6GMGMassault rifle
Chante0Medium0S 0P1233 of 6Invisible (2 hits)
#5 - male ork0-6S 0P0GMGMLMG, -2 wounds
#2 - female human0-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
Ité YeyΆ0Medium?S ?P342 of 6Unconscious
#1 - male ork3-17S 0P0GMGMKO
GMN/AN/AN/AN/AGMGM

@Jayde Dodge 5 hits against the spirit of earth.

@rednblack Action to Shiriki
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (13:32:20/05-16-17)
I thought I had posted this!

Agl 2 + Log 3: (http://orokos.com/roll/516841) 5d6t5 1 hits
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (13:51:06/05-16-17)
The spirit of earth is also at -1 for wounds previously incurred. Unfortunately that costs it its only hit.

That's bad news for the spirit. 8P is staged up to 13P. It's Immunity takes care of 3 boxes but that's still 10P to go with the pre-existing 4P. That leaves it with 14P, which exceeds its 13 boxes on the Physical Condition Monitor.

The spirit is wasted. Ité collapses in the snow, which actually helps him be less of a target.

@rednblack Action to Shiriki
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (14:25:24/05-16-17)
Shiriki will jump into the Dragon, and focus fire on Doberman A.

Drone Shooting: AGI (8) + Vehicle Weapons (6) + Assault Rifle Spec (2) + Control Rig (2) + VR (1) + Smartlink (1) - Environment (4) = 16 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/517029): 2#16d6t5 3 5

AGI (8) + LOG (6) = 14 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/517030): 2#14d6t5 5 7
He whiffs twice.

Machine guns are at 5/10 attacks.

Melee strikes me as pretty weak in Anarchy.  Shiriki isn't built for it at all, but I wouldn't have an issue with bringing it more in line with other weapons.  As for the realism front v. balance, it could be a good use of a Shadow Amp, especially for Adepts or cyber monsters.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (15:56:11/05-16-17)
The assault rifle specialization doesn't apply because the Dragon's weapons are machine guns. So, you know, Shiriki misses by more.

Critical Strike is an available shadow amp to improve melee damage. I'm thinking we'll have a round of karma soon, likely after you mop up this squad, get on the chopper, and detonate the charges. Everyone start thinking about what they might want to improve.

Next
I'm up next but have a fire drill at work so I might not get to it until later tonight. We'll see how the afternoon goes.

#3 - male human
#6 - male elf
#9 - ice elemental
#8 - Doberman B
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (01:28:37/05-17-17)
#3 - male human
Shooting Swoopy: Agility 5 + Firearms 4 - Environment 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/517149): 5d6t5 1 hit, it's 6P if you don't dodge

#6 - male elf
Shooting Swoopy: Agility 6 + Firearms 4 - Environment 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/517150): 6d6t5 1 hit, it's 6P if you don't dodge

#9 - ice elemental
Using Elemental Attack (Ice) against Dan-Dan: Agility 6 + Skill 3 - Wounds 1 (http://orokos.com/roll/517151): 8d6t5 1 hit, it's 8S if you don't dodge (use Agility + Logic as normal)

#8 - Doberman B
This Doberman was shooting Ité but he's not a great target anymore. It will shift its attention to Shiriki's rotodrone.
Shooting rotodrone: Agility 8 + Firearms 3 - Conditions 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/517152): 7d6t5 1 hit, it's 8P if you don't dodge

What perfectly symmetrical, shitty dice rolling. 1 hit each whether the dice pool is 5 or 6 or 7 or 8. Well, the Orokos gods favor the Wildcats tonight. I grant that you could roll even worse on your dodging - to wit, MDMann's 0 hits on 13 dice - but it seems unlikely.

@Glorious Please dodge two 1-hit attacks for 6P each.

@MDMann Please dodge one 1-hit attack for 8S.

@rednblack Please dodge one 1-hit attack for 8P.

@Jayde Chante's up!
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (03:17:08/05-17-17)
Dodge (it's only 12 dice this time though ...)
Dodge agility 6 + logic 6 (http://orokos.com/roll/517160): 12d6t5 4 4 hits. I'll write it up later today.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (11:21:37/05-17-17)
Roto-drone Defense: AGI (8) + LOG (6) = 14 dice (http://orokos.com/roll/517284): 14d6t5 8
Roto-drone disappears into the blizzard.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (13:17:21/05-17-17)
Chante would duck behind a tree and summon another Spirit of Earth.  This one bigger.

BUT... once again, I'm having trouble finding what the opposed roll is...
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (13:23:15/05-17-17)
It's the first OOC post under House Rule #3:

"Lesser spirits will resist summoning with 4 dice. Regular spirits will resist with 8 dice. Greater spirits will resist with 12 dice."

If you ever need to search the whole thread without going through 18+ individual pages, use the "Print" button in the bottom-right corner. It will display the entire thread as one long page that makes it easier to search. I use it almost every day.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (14:43:53/05-17-17)
@rednblack With an 8-hit dodge, the rotodrone might disappear from the physical plane.

@MDMann Please dodge one 1-hit attack for 8S. Good IC post, but you might want to also include shanking an ice elemental with your weapon foci. That seems like a cinematic moment you should capture.

@Glorious Please dodge two 1-hit attacks for 6P each.

@Jayde Go ahead and roll to summon once you decide on your Short, Tall, or Venti spirit of soykaf.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (15:47:21/05-17-17)
Oh, man, I wish I was summoning a super saiyan spirit:

Will 6 + Conjure 3 (http://orokos.com/roll/517348): 9d6t5 7 hits

Resist 8: (http://orokos.com/roll/517349) 8d6t5 4 hits

Giving it basically the same instructions, but also to defend itself.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (16:19:25/05-17-17)
I dodged with 4 hits (above). Thanks, I'll post my attack and stealthy approach shortly. It's subtle...
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (17:40:58/05-17-17)
More doding. 10 Base + 2 Cover = 12 (http://orokos.com/roll/517385): 2#12d6t5 4 2

Looks like Swoopy is still alive. As a side note though tec, I see his armor is at 12 in the chart - it should be 4 after taking the stray round on the way out.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (18:24:51/05-17-17)
Alright, everyone has dodged, everyone is alive except the spirit of earth, which doesn't really matter because Chante has dragged another one out of the astral to replace it.

#5 - male ork
Shooting Chante with an LMG. He's not doing very well due to wounds. Agility 5 + Heavy Weapons 2 - Conditions 4 - Wounds 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/517389): 1d6t5 1 hit

#2 - female human
She was shooting the earth spirit, but the new one hasn't techncially arrived yet since she's acting at the same time as Chante. Instead, she'll shoot Dan-Dan, because he's closest.

Shooting Dan-Dan: Agility 5 + Firearms 3 - Conditions 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/517392): 4d6t5 1 hit

Dios mio, the string of 1-hit attacks continues. I'll try to come up with some 2- and 3-dice pools to see if I can complete the set.

That takes us back to the top of the order.

@Jayde Please dodge a 1-hit attack, 8P if it connects. Please IC your summoning.

@MDMann Please dodge a 1-hit attack, 6P if it connects.

@rednblack Your rotodrone is up. Please IC the results when you have a chance.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (08:28:00/05-18-17)
Dodge agility 6 + logic 6 (http://orokos.com/roll/517617): 12d6t5 2 2 hits on the dodge.

It's not pretty but it'll do.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (10:38:29/05-18-17)
Dodging!

Agl 7 + Log 3 (http://orokos.com/roll/517637): 10d6t5 2 hits  PHEW.  Orokos isn't being friendly today, but at least it's enough!

IC coming up!

[spoiler=Off Topic]
So, I am recruiting for a PbP I am running, the link for which is in my signature line below.  Looking for one or two more players.  It's not an SR system, but the system is simple and I am running it in a 'learn as you go' style.  If you have the bandwidth for playing in another game that asks for one post a day, takes a break on weekends, please shoot me a message.

Thanks![/spoiler]
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (13:24:48/05-18-17)
Your rolls are probably statistically worse than mine but 2-hit dodges are good enough to avoid 1-hit attacks. rednblack used up all the hits on his 8-hit dodge.

@Jayde Your spoiler didn't work the way you intended but you don't need to use one.

@rednblack Action to Shiriki's rotodrone (and IC to you).
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (14:08:42/05-18-17)
Ok, so it looks like we're halving the difference here by giving the roto-drone 2 attacks and Shiriki 2 attacks.  Roto-drone is on deck, so let's see how it does.

Drone Dogbrain Attack: AGI (8) + Projectile Weapons (3) - Wind (2) - Visibility (2) = 7 dice (http://orokos.com/roll/517685): 2#7d6t5 3 2
Wow!  Look at that!  I've got one above average attack roll!

Targets:
Targets 2-8 (http://orokos.com/roll/517686): 2#1d7 6 2
1 attack to the Human Female and 1 to the Male Elf

AGI (5) + LOG (3) = 8 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/517688): 8d6t5 3
She gets hit for 8S, knocking out all but 4 of her armor.

AGI (6) + LOG (3) = 9 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/517689): 9d6t5 3
and a miss.

I may not get to an IC until tomorrow morning.  Gotta jet out to a meeting here soon, and I'm not sure how much more time I'll have near the computer.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (14:31:25/05-18-17)
There are two female humans. It sounds like the rotodrone shot #2 instead of #4.

As it happens, #4 will be shooting Shiriki's rotodrone: Agility 5 + Firearms 4 - Environment 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/517704): 5d6t5 2 hits

Broke the 1-hit streak. BUT! I rolled 1 die too many (due to Wounds) and that die is a hit. So I'm back on the 1-hit streak. That's my last 7 rolls in a row now.

It strikes me as a little goofy that dogbrain drones are all Logic 6, but it's consistent across all the drones so it seems intentional. I'll roll for rednblack since it sounds like he's away from his computer.

Rotodrone dodge: Agility 8 + Logic 6 (http://orokos.com/roll/517705): 14d6t5 5 hits, no problem

CharacterInitiative     DistanceCondition     ArmorPlot Points     Edge     Notes
Shiriki's rotodrone4Medium0P9 + Armor 1Per ShirikiPer Shiriki     
#4 - human female4-5S 0P0GMGM-1 wounds, SMG
Swoopy3Medium0S 0P1252 of 3
#7 - Doberman A3-0P9 + Armor 1GMGMassault rifle
Shiriki2Far (in Dragon)     0S 0P1240 of 2
Dan-Dan2Short0S 0P1245 of 6in melee with #9
#3 - male human2-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
#6 - male elf1-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
#9 - ice elemental1-0S 3P0 + Immunity 3GMGM-1 Wounds, in melee with Dan-Dan
#8 - Doberman B1-0P6GMGMassault rifle
Chante0Medium0S 0P1233 of 6Invisible (2 hits)
#5 - male ork0-6S 0P0GMGMLMG, -2 wounds
#2 - female human0-0S 0P4GMGMSMG
Ité YeyΆ0Medium?S ?P342 of 6Unconscious
#1 - male ork3-17S 0P0GMGMKO
GMN/AN/AN/AN/AGMGM
Chante's spirit of earth     0Medium0S 0P12 + Immunity 3      Per ChantePer Chante     hauling Ité

@Glorious Action to Swoopy.

Everyone not named rednblack Any other thoughts or opinions on not halving melee damage?
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (16:01:15/05-18-17)
Let's roll with it for the next combat and see what happens. We can always change it back again if it doesn't work out.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (22:14:52/05-18-17)
Suppressive Fire: 11 base, -2 halved environmental effects (http://orokos.com/roll/517832): 9d6t5 3

Repositioning/Stealth Like Base 14 -6 known position + 2 Environ + 3 suppression hts = 13 (http://orokos.com/roll/517836): 13d6t5 2

Because crawling sucks, Athletics : base 10 (http://orokos.com/roll/517837): 10d6t5 6

I'd say only halve melee Stun damage. A good right cross might not be the same as being shot with a small caliber gel round, but a knife in the belly will kill you just the same as a bullet.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (13:56:04/05-19-17)
We'll try Glorious' suggestion for melee damage. I'm going to apply this Dan-Dan's most recent attack. This adds 3P+3P=6P of damage to the ice elemental.

#7 - Doberman A
Speaking of Dan-Dan, the Doberman is shooting you. You're now technically at Short range because you ran forward to melee the ice elemental, so I'm going to reduce its negative modifiers to shoot you.

Shooting Dan-Dan: Agility 8 + Vehicle Weapons 3 - Environment 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/517998): 9d6t5 1 hit

Well, add a dice pool of 9 to the list of 1-hit wonders. Still looking for dice pools of 2 and 3 to complete my set of 1-9.


CharacterInitiative     DistanceCondition     ArmorPlot Points     Edge     Notes
Shiriki's rotodrone4Medium0P9 + Armor 1Per ShirikiPer Shiriki     
#4 - human female4-5S 0P0GMGM-1 wounds, SMG
Swoopy3Medium0S 0P1252 of 3
#7 - Doberman A3-0P9 + Armor 1GMGMassault rifle
Shiriki2Far (in Dragon)     0S 0P1240 of 2
Dan-Dan2Short0S 0P1245 of 6in melee with #9
#3 - male human2-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
#6 - male elf1-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
#9 - ice elemental1-0S 9P0 + Immunity 3GMGM-3 Wounds, in melee with Dan-Dan
#8 - Doberman B1-0P6GMGMassault rifle
Chante0Medium0S 0P1233 of 6Invisible (2 hits)
#5 - male ork0-6S 0P0GMGMLMG, -2 wounds
#2 - female human0-0S 0P4GMGMSMG
Ité YeyΆ0Medium?S ?P342 of 6Unconscious
#1 - male ork3-17S 0P0GMGMKO
GMN/AN/AN/AN/AGMGM
Chante's spirit of earth     0Medium0S 0P12 + Immunity 3      Per ChantePer Chante     hauling Ité

@MDMann Feel free to update your IC so that your attack is more effective, or just add it to your next IC. The ice elemental is now at 9P and is on the brink of disruption.

@MDMann, part II Dodge a 1-hit attack. You're at -2 to dodge for being targeted by a ranged attack while in melee. (The modifier is -3 in SR5.)

@MDMann, part III Action to Dan-Dan

@rednblack Action to Shiriki.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (14:20:36/05-19-17)
Dan seems to phase into the astral during his dodge...
Dodge agility 6 + logic 6 -2 combat (http://orokos.com/roll/518022): 10d6t5 5 5 hits

1 attack on the elemental, assuming it gets totalled (fails it's dodge) the second attack will be on one of the dobermans as Danyes charges into combat.

Attacks Agility 6 + close combat 4 + foci 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/518023): 2#10d6t5 4 5 4 hits and 5 hits.

I'll add the damage to the next post, which I'll do later.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (14:52:58/05-19-17)
#7 - Doberman A
Speaking of Dan-Dan, the Doberman is shooting you. You're now technically at Short range because you ran forward to melee the ice elemental, so I'm going to reduce its negative modifiers to shoot you.

As per this post: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=26032.msg487817#msg487817
general modifiers are -2 for Wind and -2 for visibility.  Range would be an additional penalty, so I think the Doberman would still be at -4.

Shiriki will focus fire on #7 Doberman A through the Dragon's machine guns:
AGI (8) + Vehicle Weapons (6)  + Control Rig (2) + VR (1) + Smartlink (1) - Environmental Mods (4) = 14 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/518028): 2#14d6t5 2 6

Doberman Defense:
AGI (8) + LOG (6) = 14 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/518029): 2#14d6t5 3 3
First volley is a miss, but the second connects for 11P, punching through the Armor and dealing 2P damage, if I'm reading the coding right.

@Tec, can you double-check the Condition Monitor for Doberman B?  As I was searching through posts trying to find how many attacks I have left with the Dragon's machine guns, I came across the roto-drone's hit agains it for 6S(e), which should drop it to 3 Armor.  It's still listed as having 6 Armor.  The post in question is here:
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=26032.msg488689#msg488689

Machine guns are at 3/10 attacks.

IC coming up.

ETA: The Dragon is rocking APDS ammo.  Now, APDS isn't listed in the Anarchy book, so we've got to get creative here.  I see a few different ways of proceeding.  Giving the attack Armor Avoidance (AA) is just too strong, and would make APDS game-breaking, so that's out.  Increasing the damage code by 2 seems both realistic and reasonable.  A more creative and potentially poetic approach would be to halve the amount of Armor that needs to be negated before damage moves to the Physical track, e.g. if hitting an Armor 12 goon with base 8P (APDS) and 2 Net Hits, the goon would take 6 damage to Armor and 4P to the Physical Condition track, leaving the goon with 6/12 Armor filled and 4/10 Physical filled.  Subsequent attacks with APDS would be increasingly strong with only 3 of the damage going to Armor on the next attack and only 2 on the following.  This solution seems at odds with the fast-and-loose style of Anarchy, though, so I am just mentioning it because it has a sense of realism that I like. 

In this instance, let's just increase the DV by 2, and plug Doberman A for 4P damage to its Physical track.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (16:47:51/05-19-17)
@rednblack The reduction in penalty was more about wind and visibility being less of a factor at Short range than Medium.

I did not apply this logic (in reverse) to the Dragon because I reasoned that the larger-caliber machine gun rounds would be less affected by the wind, and that the Dragon had sufficient sensors to help negate any additional visibility penalty. I didn't state this explicitly because I feared that it would confuse the issue. ("@rednblack, I'm not changing your roll results because of all these various reasons.")

Ice elemental dodging Dan-Dan: Agility 6 + Logic 4 - Wounds 3 (http://orokos.com/roll/518039): 7d6t5 3 hits

Dan-Dan connects with 1 net hit. That stages the damage to 8P. The ice maiden weeps crystal tears as she fades.

I'll say that Dan-Dan attacks #7 - Doberman A because it just fired on him. As such I will probably override rednblack's designation so that the Dragon is firing on #8 - Doberman B instead to avoid the possibility of friendly fire. (From a metagame standpoint, it also makes more sense to fire on Doberman B since it hasn't had its turn yet.)

#7 - Doberman A dodging Dan-Dan: Agility 8 + Logic 6 (http://orokos.com/roll/518041): 14d6t5 5 hits

Ties go to the attacker. Dan-Dan connects with 7P. The Doberman armor auto-soaks 1 box and the armor eats the remaining 6 boxes.

@rednblack Good catch on the armor. I think I was giving the Doberman credit for 12 points of Armor instead of 9. So it has 3 boxes left, and the Dragon does 11P. Before we resolve damage let's figure out APDS.

APDS: I don't think Armor Avoidance is overpowered. It means that net hits skip the Armor track, not the whole attack. In this case it would mean that 8P (base attack) hits the Doberman's armor and 3P (net hits) hit the Doberman directly.

This is open for discussion, as APDS is not defined in the book, but my instinct is to go with the game mechanic that already exists. The table is open for others to opine.

Let's go with my interpretation for the present. 8P hits the armor of Doberman B. The armor auto-soaks 1 hit. That leaves 7P, of which 3P knocks out the remaining armor and 4P passes to the Doberman itself. That combines with the 3P from the net hits for a total of 7P against the Doberman.

In this case the end result is the same because the base attack was strong enough to knock out the drone armor, but if the drone had been at full armor then it would be the difference of ending with 1P of damage and 0 Armor (not using AA) and 3P but with 2 points of armor left (using AA).

#3 - male human
Looking for Swoopy: Logic 3 + Willpower 5 - Conditions 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/518050): 6d6t5 3 hits, sees Swoopy
Shooting Swoopy: Agility 5 + Firearms 4 - Environment 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/518052): 5d6t5 4 hits, oo you made him mad

#6 - male elf
Looking for Swoopy: Logic 3 + Willpower 5 - Conditions 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/518051): 6d6t5 1 hit, no Swoopy!
Shooting Dan-Dan instead: Agility 6 + Firearms 4 - Environment 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/518053): 8d6t5 1 hit, pathetic

#8 - Doberman B
Since these little bastards are Logic 6 I'm going to say that it's smart enough to realize that it's probably never going to connect with Shiriki's rotodrone. Instead it's going to turn its love on Dan-Dan, who is oh-so-close.
Shooting Dan-Dan too: Agility 8 + Skill 3 - Wounds 2 - Environment 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/518059): 7d6t5 4 hits


CharacterInitiative     DistanceCondition     ArmorPlot Points     Edge     Notes
Shiriki's rotodrone4Medium0P9 + Armor 1Per ShirikiPer Shiriki     
#4 - human female4-5S 0P0GMGM-1 wounds, SMG
Swoopy3Medium0S 0P1252 of 3
#7 - Doberman A3-0P3 + Armor 1GMGMassault rifle
Shiriki2Far (in Dragon)     0S 0P1240 of 2
Dan-Dan2Short0S 0P1245 of 6in melee with #9
#3 - male human2-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
#6 - male elf1-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
#8 - Doberman B1-7P0 + Armor 1GMGM-2 wounds, assault rifle
Chante0Medium0S 0P1233 of 6Invisible (2 hits)
#5 - male ork0-6S 0P0GMGMLMG, -2 wounds
#2 - female human0-0S 0P4GMGMSMG
Chante's spirit of earth 2.0    0Medium0S 0P12 + Immunity 3      Per ChantePer Chante     hauling Ité
Ité YeyΆ0Medium?S ?P342 of 6Unconscious
#1 - male ork3-17S 0P0GMGMKO
#9 - ice elemental1-0S 17P0 + Immunity 3GMGM-3 Wounds, in melee with Dan-Dan
GMN/AN/AN/AN/AGMGM

@MDMann Dodge a 1-hit attack (6P if it connects) and a 4-hit attack (8P). You don't have to take the "in melee" penalty since you have dispatched the ice elemental and are no longer in melee.

@Glorious Dodge a 4-hit attack (6P if it connects)

@Jayde Action to Chante
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (17:16:49/05-19-17)
Not Dying? Base 10 + 1 Semi Cover (http://orokos.com/roll/518066): 11d6t5 2

Edge it is then...

Edge harder to not die! (9 miss reroll) (http://orokos.com/roll/518067): 9d6t5 1

Channeling Tec's luck today.

6+1 net hit, 7 Damage means Swoopy is out of armor and at 3P.

Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (17:22:43/05-19-17)
APDS: I don't think Armor Avoidance is overpowered. It means that net hits skip the Armor track, not the whole attack. In this case it would mean that 8P (base attack) hits the Doberman's armor and 3P (net hits) hit the Doberman directly.

Ahh, I've been misreading Armor Avoidance.  Thanks for clarifying.  In that case, AA is the way to go, I think.

I'm going to spend a Plot Point for Take the Hit, and have the roto-drone interject itself between the human and Swoopy.  He even gets a chance to dodge!
Roto-drone Defense: AGI (8) + LOG (6) = 14 dice (http://orokos.com/roll/518071): 14d6t5 6
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (17:36:18/05-19-17)
Hmm, that is indeed how it is written. This would certainly make sense for blocking melee attacks, but I'm not sure how one "takes the hit" while simultaneously dodging the hit when it comes to ranged attacks.

I'd say that maybe the rotodrone knocks Swoopy out of the way, but Swoopy is already crawling. Have fun ICing this one.


CharacterInitiative     DistanceCondition     ArmorPlot Points     Edge     Notes
Shiriki's rotodrone4Medium0P9 + Armor 1Per ShirikiPer Shiriki     
#4 - human female4-5S 0P0GMGM-1 wounds, SMG
Swoopy3Medium0S 0P1251 of 3
#7 - Doberman A3-0P3 + Armor 1GMGMassault rifle
Shiriki2Far (in Dragon)     0S 0P1230 of 2
Dan-Dan2Short0S 0P1245 of 6in melee with #9
#3 - male human2-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
#6 - male elf1-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
#8 - Doberman B1-7P0 + Armor 1GMGM-2 wounds, assault rifle
Chante0Medium0S 0P1233 of 6Invisible (2 hits)
#5 - male ork0-6S 0P0GMGMLMG, -2 wounds
#2 - female human0-0S 0P4GMGMSMG
Chante's spirit of earth 2.0    0Medium0S 0P12 + Immunity 3      Per ChantePer Chante     hauling Ité
Ité YeyΆ0Medium?S ?P342 of 6Unconscious
#1 - male ork3-17S 0P0GMGMKO
#9 - ice elemental1-0S 17P0 + Immunity 3GMGM-3 Wounds, in melee with Dan-Dan
GMN/AN/AN/AN/AGMGM

@MDMann Dodge a 1-hit attack (6P if it connects) and a 4-hit attack (8P). You don't have to take the "in melee" penalty since you have dispatched the ice elemental and are no longer in melee.

@Jayde Action to Chante
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (17:49:44/05-19-17)
Mighty fine shooting Tex. Dan-Dan will just have to dance through the hail of lead.
Dodge agility 6 + logic 6 (http://orokos.com/roll/518073): 2#12d6t5 4 6 4 hits then 6 hits. Dan-Dan Dancer Does Do.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (18:12:38/05-19-17)
alright you rotten bastards, have fun with your IC posts while robbing me of my good dice rolls

I'll get you, my pretties, and your little rotodrone too
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (18:30:50/05-19-17)
alright you rotten bastards, have fun with your IC posts while robbing me of my good dice rolls

I'll get you, my pretties, and your little rotodrone too

And this is the point where certain players, especially those writing this post, regret feeding the GM so much Plot Point ammo.  I'll have more to say on Plot Points when we're out of this scene.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (05:42:08/05-20-17)
2nd baby daughter born (6lbs 13oz mother abd baby doing well) a few hours ago so my posting could be more erratic. It could be an opus or nothing and could well be both. Daddy's doing pretty well too (on no sleep). 😂

Edit. Corrected weight.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (09:56:05/05-20-17)
Congratulations!  Good health and blessings to you and your family!  May you never glitch as a father.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (13:47:08/05-20-17)
for clarity, GM-Nissan Doberman:

(https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/48/f5/ae/48f5aeb6c7e4af1cd15773573abb85a5.png)

It's about probably about waist high.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (15:39:33/05-20-17)
Thanks!

Thought I'd spend a plot point to give them (the UCAS) a greater fire elemental. To enter the fray at a cinematic moment.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (17:10:08/05-21-17)
2nd baby daughter born (9lbs 13oz mother abd baby doing well) a few hours ago so my posting could be more erratic. It could be an opus or nothing and could well be both. Daddy's doing pretty well too (on no sleep). 😂

Woah. Congratulations to you and the Mrs. on Slagathor the Destroyer. I know babies can get larger, but that's the largest one I've ever heard of directly, and certainly the largest girl.

MDMann has a free pass from the posting rate for the next couple weeks.

Also, great IC. I was planning an Interlude myself but was going to wait until after the combat. Depending on how the day goes, I might break it up into two parts so that the first part can continue MDMann's Interlude and the second part can happen when you get to da choppa.

If anyone else wants to IC post before then, that's fine, but for the moment I'm going to say that Interludes directly involving UCAS President Angela Colloton and/or Senator Paul Hollensfeld have a high likelihood of being retconned or overwritten.

The fire spirit has been summoned but needs an opportunity to move and materialize. It won't show up until next round.

@Jayde, Part I Where is that image of the Doberman from?

@MDMann I'm comfortable with the interpretation of a robodog with a machine gun on its back. Later in the campaign we'll have sharks with laser beams on their heads.

@Jayde, Part II Action to Chante
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (18:46:17/05-21-17)
Thanks. That was a typo (I may not have slept for 2 days at the time) it should have read 6lbs 13oz. What's 3lbs here and there? I gave Paul a family and business and specific ambition. Feel free to retcon.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (00:30:58/05-23-17)
Haven't heard from Jayde yet so I'll cover the rest of the Initiative 0s.

#5 - male ork
This guy is pretty beat up. He's not hitting much so he's going to just hold the trigger down and hope for the best while waiting for reinforcements. We'll call this suppressive fire. Conditions won't affect it, since he's not firing to actively hit. We'll say that he won't hit any of you unless you do something like sprint straight for him, but the hits will act as negative modifiers.

Suppressive fire: Agility 5 + Heavy Weapons 2 - Wounds 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/518775): 5d6t5 2 hits

Everyone (except Shiriki in the Dragon) is at -2 to actions you take this next round. This does not apply to dodging, which you can do without penalty. You can still take your movement actions too without risk of being hit (again, unless you're charging right at him).


#2 - female human
Agility 5 + Firearms 3 - Conditions 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/518776): 4d6t5 1 hit

Initiative for the greater fire spirit: Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/518777): 8d6t5 3 hits

CharacterInitiative     DistanceCondition     ArmorPlot Points     Edge     Notes
Shiriki's rotodrone4Medium0P9 + Armor 1Per ShirikiPer Shiriki     
#4 - human female4-5S 0P0GMGM-1 wounds, SMG
Swoopy3Medium0S 0P1251 of 3
#10 - greater fire spirit3(on the astral)0S 0P6 + Immunity 3GMGMincoming, not yet arrived
#7 - Doberman A3-0P3 + Armor 1GMGMassault rifle
Shiriki2Far (in Dragon)     0S 0P1230 of 2
Dan-Dan2Short0S 0P1235 of 6in melee with #9
#3 - male human2-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
#6 - male elf1-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
#8 - Doberman B1-7P0 + Armor 1GMGM-2 wounds, assault rifle
Chante0Medium0S 0P1233 of 6Invisible (2 hits)
#5 - male ork0-6S 0P0GMGMLMG, -2 wounds
#2 - female human0-0S 0P4GMGMSMG
Chante's spirit of earth 2.0    0Medium0S 0P12 + Immunity 3      Per ChantePer Chante     hauling Ité
Ité YeyΆ0Medium?S ?P342 of 6Unconscious
#1 - male ork3-17S 0P0GMGMKO
#9 - ice elemental1-0S 17P0 + Immunity 3GMGMKO
GMN/AN/AN/AN/AGMGM

@MDMann Dodge a 1-hit attack (6P if it connects).

@Jayde You have the morning to get up Chante's action.

@redblack Action to Shiriki's rotodrone. It's at -2 due to suppressive fire.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (13:06:54/05-23-17)
Sorry, I haven't been able to devote the time to the thread in the past few days and my next few days are going to be tight, i'll try to find some time sooner than later, but let's say I take an action repositioning closer to the evac chopper.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (16:14:23/05-23-17)
Dodge agility 6 + logic 6 (http://orokos.com/roll/518964): 12d6t5 3 3 hits

Dodge a bullet
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (17:51:05/05-23-17)
Drone Dogbrain Attack: AGI (8) + Projectile Weapons (3) - Wind (2) - Visibility (2) - SF (2) = 5 dice (http://orokos.com/roll/519003): 2#5d6t5 1 1
There's some Tec rolling there.

Targets 2-6 (http://orokos.com/roll/519004): 2#1d4 4 1
Well, I should've rolled a D5, but that's one attack to #2 Female and one attack to the #5 Male Ork.

AGI (5) + LOG (3) = 8 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/519006): 8d6t5 2
Miss.

AGI (5) + LOG (3) - Wounds (2) = 6 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/519007): 6d6t5 1
Hit for 8S, and knocking out the rest of his Stun track. 

If I can squeeze in an IC today I will.  It'll be short, but it will at least be a post.  If I have to wait until tomorrow, it'll have a little more heft to it. 

ETA: Congrats MDMann!  Being a dad is awesome.  Get that sleep when you can.  Being a parent, you'll constantly be in need of an Edge refresh.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (18:35:27/05-23-17)
Thanks. I'm a glutton for punishment as she's my second girl. Oh yeah on sleep and edge.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (20:11:20/05-23-17)
Fathers of daughters don't need Edge until the daughters are teenagers.

@Jayde Thanks for the update. Again, absences are fine as long as you drop a note. It's unannounced absences that make me bloodthirsty.

We'll have Chante take a potshot at someone as she moves. Let's say #4 - human female since she's up next and there's a chance to knock her out of commission.

Agility 7 + Firearms 5 - Conditions 4 - Suppressive Fire 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/519030): 6d6t5 2 hits

I think #5 is the only one who knows where (invisible) Chante is, and potentially even he doesn't since Chante just ducked behind a tree to summon an earth spirit. We'll say that #4 is unaware and doesn't get a defense roll.

Two hits stages the damage up to 10P, presuming gel rounds. #4 auto-soaks two hits with her bone lacing but that leaves 8S. She's now at 13S and is KO'd. Chante runs back toward the Dragon.

Ork #5 also automatically soaks two boxes of the 8S from the rotodrone. That leaves him with 6S, which pushes him to 12S. He has a stun track of 11 so he's KO'd too.

The suppressive fire stops. You no longer have to take a -2 modifier.


CharacterInitiative     DistanceCondition     ArmorPlot Points     Edge     Notes
Shiriki's rotodrone4Medium0P9 + Armor 1Per ShirikiPer Shiriki     
Swoopy3Medium0S 0P1251 of 3
#10 - greater fire spirit3(on the astral)0S 0P6 + Immunity 3GMGMincoming, not yet arrived
#7 - Doberman A3-0P3 + Armor 1GMGMassault rifle
Shiriki2Far (in Dragon)     0S 0P1230 of 2
Dan-Dan2Short0S 0P1235 of 6in melee with #9
#3 - male human2-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
#6 - male elf1-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
#8 - Doberman B1-7P0 + Armor 1GMGM-2 wounds, assault rifle
Chante0Far (at Dragon)0S 0P1233 of 6Invisible (2 hits)
#2 - female human0-0S 0P4GMGMSMG
Chante's spirit of earth 2.0    0Medium0S 0P12 + Immunity 3      Per ChantePer Chante     hauling Ité
Ité YeyΆ0Medium?S ?P342 of 6Unconscious
#1 - male ork3-17S 0P0GMGMKO
#9 - ice elemental1-0S 17P0 + Immunity 3GMGMKO
#4 - human female4-13S 0P0GMGMKO, SMG
#5 - male ork0-12S 0P0GMGMKO, LMG
GMN/AN/AN/AN/AGMGM

@Glorious Action to Swoopy
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (20:11:42/05-24-17)

Shoot female soldier 11 base - 4 environ (http://orokos.com/roll/519366): 2#7d6t5 2 2

Shoot female soldier 11 base - 4 environ (http://orokos.com/roll/519366): 2#7d6t5 2 2

A swing and a miss.

Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (20:24:57/05-24-17)
You posted the attack roll twice. The defense rolls are:  Target defense: 8 base + 1 cover (http://orokos.com/roll/519367): 2#9d6t5 3 hits 6 hits

#10 - greater fire spirit
The fire spirit needs time to move and materialize, which is going to cost its movement+action for the round. It's going to materialize between the Dragon and the rest of the team to try to cut off your escape.

Shiriki, Chante, and the Dragon are to the north of the fire spirit. Their range to the spirit is "short". Everyone else is to the south of the fire spirit. Their distance to the spirit is "medium" with the exception of Dan-Dan who is as "far" because he ran forward to melee.

#7 - Doberman A
Shooting Dan-Dan: Agility 8 + Vehicle Weapons 3 - Environment 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/519373): 9d6t5 3 hits

Next
@MDMann Please dodge a 3-hit attack. Damage is 8P if you don't dodge.

@MDMann, part II Action to Dan-Dan

@rednblack Action to Shiriki
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (23:06:14/05-24-17)
What's the ruling on using the Assault Cannon on the Fire Spirit? Splash damage to friendliest?
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (23:42:39/05-24-17)
Yes, splash damage to both Chante and the Dragon. The Dragon could potentially take off to avoid the damage, pending a Pilot test versus the storm, but you can't avoid Chante. Net hits won't affect her though, and I'll let her "dodge" to reduce the DV.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (03:13:23/05-25-17)
2 hits. Dodge agility 6 + logic 6 (http://orokos.com/roll/519453): 12d6t5 2. Hummed an hawed on edging this. Edge Reroll.

Reroll (http://orokos.com/roll/519454): 10d6t5 4 4 hits. 6 net hits.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (00:12:53/05-27-17)
@MDMann Good job on the dodge. Feel free to IC a close call.

The site was down until around noon today. I'll give Glorious the long weekend to declare and roll for Swoopy.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (17:06:49/06-10-17)
Site went down for a fortnight. Probably worth checking in with people if you can as they may not know it's back up.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (22:59:38/06-10-17)
Well, well! I must confess that part of me had written off the site after two weeks, figuring that there were no backups and that all progress had been lost.

In fact, I don't think we lost anything. The site went down over Memorial Day weekend and we were already pausing so that people could enjoy the long weekend. To my knowledge we didn't lose any OOC or IC posts. That means we can pick up where we left off, with an IC for Dan-Dan and actions and/or rolls for Swoopy.

As an aside, I have ways of contacting Glorious and rednblack outside of the official forums. I don't have any way of contacting Jayde or MDMann. If either of you wish to provide me contact information - or inform me of another site where you can be reached - then that will give me a way to find you should this site go down again. In that situation, we could resume the game on another site, like rpol.net or Dumpshock. (For the record, I can also be reached on either of those sites under the name Tecumseh.)
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (03:43:01/06-11-17)
I can be reached on Lythia.com forums under the same name. The Harn forum (a crunchy medieval game, crunchier than shadowrun).

I think it's lost some wishlist of mine about spending amps in the OOC, hardly catastrophic. Basically a blackberry familiar with advice sought for the rest.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (22:30:50/06-11-17)
So, they got wrecked. Full de-face from what is aw before they just took the site down. This was a loooong time to get back up. I'm guessing the forum was a mite unsecure.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (23:57:17/06-11-17)
Let's not spend a lot of time bemoaning the lack of security on a hobby site with approximately nil sensitive information.

Next steps
@MDMann IC post for dodging shots from Doberman A

@Glorious Action to Swoopy.

Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (02:33:51/06-12-17)
Tackle! AGI 5 + 2 AGIBONI + MELEE 2 = 9 (http://orokos.com/roll/524120): 9d6t5 5

Avoid tackle? 8 -1 distracted (http://orokos.com/roll/524121): 7d6t5 4

Nope, down into the snow they both go.

Its a grapple off to see who puts knife in the other guy's squishy bits first. Loser takes full knife damage + net hits difference. All damage applied directly to P track; no armor.

Grapple off! STR 5 +Melee 2 = 7 (http://orokos.com/roll/524124): 7d6t5 2

Grapple Off! S4 + Melee 3 - tackled 2 = 5 (http://orokos.com/roll/524126): 5d6t5 3

Well, that didn't go well.

Swoopy takes 6P.



Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (15:19:15/06-12-17)
There was an OOC post that got lost from when the site went down.  It was mine.

I took Shiriki's actions, and split his two attacks against the wounded Doberman, and the other Doberman.

Here are the rolls:

AGI (8) + Vehicle Weapons (6) + Control Rig (2) + VR (1) + Smartlink (1) - Environmental Mods (4) = 14 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/520576): 2#14d6t5 5 5

AGI (8) + LOG (6) - Wounds (2) = 12 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/520578): 12d6t5 3

AGI (8) + LOG (6) = 14 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/520580): 14d6t5 3

That's enough to turn the wounded Doberman to scrap metal, and Hit the second for 10P (AA).  I think it's still in the game, though awfully worse for the wear.

I won't be able to get an IC up until tomorrow.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (00:44:18/06-13-17)
Well I'm glad someone remembers better than I do. Rednblack is right that Doberman B is wasted and Doberman A has a chunk out of it. However, since this is Shiriki's rotodrone, the ammo is SnS and the base damage code is 6P(e) against the drones (P instead of S because electricity vs. drones). That takes Doberman B to 14P (wasted), and Doberman A to 0 Armor and 4P.

@Glorious "no armor" is pretty metal but I'm not going to stop you. I also would suggest that your bioware arms would apply in this situation. I know it's not technically "hand-eye coordination" when you're frolicking in the snow in the dark, but I would have allowed it.

CharacterInitiative     DistanceCondition     ArmorPlot Points     Edge     Notes
Shiriki's rotodrone4Medium0P9 + Armor 1Per ShirikiPer Shiriki     
Swoopy3Medium0S 6P451 of 3-2 wounds
#10 - greater fire spirit3Short to Dragon, Medium to the others0S 0P6 + Immunity 3GMGMbetween Dragon and main squad
#7 - Doberman A3-6P0 + Armor 1GMGM-2 wounds, assault rifle
Shiriki2Far (in Dragon)     0S 0P1230 of 2
Dan-Dan2Short0S 0P1235 of 6
#3 - male human2-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
#6 - male elf1-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
Chante0Far (at Dragon)0S 0P1233 of 6Invisible (2 hits)
#2 - female human0-0S 0P4GMGMSMG
Chante's spirit of earth 2.0    0Medium0S 0P12 + Immunity 3      Per ChantePer Chante     hauling Ité
Ité YeyΆ0Medium?S ?P342 of 6Unconscious
#1 - male ork3-17S 0P0GMGMKO
#9 - ice elemental1-0S 17P0 + Immunity 3GMGMKO
#4 - human female4-13S 0P0GMGMKO, SMG
#5 - male ork0-12S 0P0GMGMKO, LMG
#8 - Doberman B1-16P0 + Armor 1GMGMKO, assault rifle
GMN/AN/AN/AN/AGMGM

Next steps
@MDMann Action to Dan-Dan at Initiative 2. You dispatched the ice elemental so you are free to pick a new target.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (13:37:23/06-13-17)
Well I'm glad someone remembers better than I do. Rednblack is right that Doberman B is wasted and Doberman A has a chunk out of it. However, since this is Shiriki's rotodrone, the ammo is SnS and the base damage code is 6P(e) against the drones (P instead of S because electricity vs. drones). That takes Doberman B to 14P (wasted), and Doberman A to 0 Armor and 4P.

It was Shiriki's turn, not the roto-drone's.  Machine guns are down to 1 attack left.  I believe my original damage codes are correct.

The post that says it's Shiriki's turn is here: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=26032.msg489349#msg489349
There's a discussion of using the assault cannon that follows.

I'm going to wait to post ICly until I get confirmation that this is correct.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (16:59:48/06-13-17)
Good to see the forums are back up.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (17:06:37/06-13-17)
Looks like I'm wrong again. Hopefully I don't make a habit of this. Alright, we're knocking the rust off after a unplanned two-week sabbatical.

That means that Doberman B is even more destroyed and that Doberman A is now at 6P with a -2 wound modifier. I'll update the table from my previous post.

Next steps
@MDMann Action to Dan-Dan at Initiative 2.

@rednblack IC at your convenience
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (03:13:55/06-14-17)
I'm all guessing soldier 3, "male human" is the one locked in a late night stab fest.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (03:27:55/06-14-17)
Not sure of the dice pool jumping into that combat so I'll wait a moment before posting the next half. Dan will still be going sublethal.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (12:46:55/06-14-17)
IC posted.  I'm enjoying Glorious' scrap with the UCAS soldier.  Good reading.

How close is Ite to the Dragon at this point?  The rest of the team? 
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (12:57:37/06-14-17)
If someone or something can dispatch the greater fire spirit then Ité can get to the Dragon.

The distances in the table are accurate (I think) from the perspective of the UCAS soldiers. The Dragon/Shiriki/Chante and Fire Spirit are Far to the soldiers, and would be Short to one another.

I think I'm going to change Swoopy to Short, given his tackle.

@MDMann It would make sense if you wanted to engage with Soldier #3, i.e. Stabby McStabface. If you want to melee with him, you'll get +1 for having friends in melee combat with you and +1 for having a superior position (since you'll be above him). If you want to shoot him you won't get the bonuses (due to the confusion of shooting into a wrestling match, and the difficulty of distinguishing between the two combatants given the snow and active movement). In either situation he'll be at -1 to dodge to being distracted. If your attack misses, I will make Glorious roll to dodge it.

If you want to keep it non-lethal, you could use the butt of your knife (call it 4S base damage) or your Ares Predator loaded with gel rounds. Remember the house rule that assault rifles have a -2 penalty at Short range, so you might not want to use that since you'll be more likely to miss and more likely to hit Dan-Dan as a result.

Let me know if that makes sense or if there are more clarifying questions.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (13:36:43/06-14-17)
Makes sense. Close combat it is.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (14:05:52/06-14-17)
Go ahead and roll it out. I think you're rolling 12 dice vs. Stabby's Agility 5 + Close Combat 3 - Distracted 1 = 7 dice.

Given your likelihood to win the dice roll, you may want to consider using a plot point to get a Glitch die to possible do something cool with (if you roll an Exploit).

Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (00:18:29/06-16-17)
Not sure where MDMann wandered off to but I'll presume it has something to do with his newborn.

Dan-Dan
Dan-Dan attack: Close combat (http://orokos.com/roll/525766): 12d6t5 7 hits, nice
#3 dodge: Defending (http://orokos.com/roll/525767): 7d6t5 1 hit

That gives Dan-Dan 6 net hits to add to his 4S base, for a total of 10S. The soldier's armor eats that and has 2 boxes remaining. I suppose in this case it would have made more sense to lead with the Physical attack (with a base of 6P) to chew up the armor, since Anarchy doesn't really distinguish between S damage and P damage to armor. But Dan-Dan wanted to stay non-lethal and so we'll stay non-lethal.

#3 - male human
At the same time #3 is getting clubbed, #3 is rolling around with Swoopy. Instead of a negative modifier for being tackled the soldier will have a negative modifier for getting tag-teamed.

#3 Grappling with Swoopy: Strength 4 + Melee 3 - Double Teamed 1 (http://orokos.com/roll/525770): 6d6t5 1 hit

@Glorious Roll your Strength + Close Combat - Wounds roll against 1 hit. As stated previously, I'm find if you use your bioware arms and your armor this time.

#6 - male elf
This guy was shooting Dan-Dan and that still sounds like a good idea so he'll continue. Environmental modifier is -2 instead of -4 since the range is Short.

Shooting Dan-Dan: Agility 6 + Firearms 4 - Environment 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/525772): 8d6t5 3 hits

@MDMann Dodge 3 hits. Base damage is 6P if you don't.

Next
@Jayde Chante is up!
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (01:24:32/06-16-17)
Well, the Greater Fire Spirit is all up in Chante's face and it's between her and everyone else and the helicopter.  It's got to go down.

So she drops her Ares Alpha (whats 2K nuyen equipment loss on a mission like this?) and pulls out her Tomahawks.  she's been working with some folks to get these prepared for enchantment, they aren't yet, but she believes in them, let's add Edge to the attack roll, because fuck greater spirits.

So, i'm going to Pre-Edge this roll so it'll be 18 dice and 4's will count as hits.  I'm also going to spend a plot point to get the exploit die, so the last die in the roll will be the exploit die.

This will be against the Spirit's defense of 15 dice.  Let's see how it works out...

Chante dual Tomahawks: AGL 7 + Close Combat 6 + Modifiers 4 + Edge 1 (http://orokos.com/roll/525794): 18d6t4 10 hits, with the Exploit!

Greater Fire Spirit Dodge: AGL 9 + Log 6 (http://orokos.com/roll/525795): 15d6t5 6 hits

That's 4 net hits, added to the base damage of 7P which makes 11.  Hey, one of the exploits is expressly ignore armor!  Don't think I'll go with that one, though.  Rather, I'd like to think that the shock of the attack, which passes through the -3 to shred the actual armor and then do actual damage to the spirit forces it to get hyper defensive, 'dematerializing' on it's next turn and finding a different location to materialize to continue its assault, as it is bound to do.  This will clear the path for at least a few seconds, and buy us a two round reprieve from taking any actual attacks as it dematerializes and then materializes again.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (01:52:04/06-16-17)
Sure, that works.

I've debating how to hand the "fire spirit in a snowstorm" issue, given the fire spirit's allergy to water. In this case I'm not going to put any penalties on it but I am going to say that the freezing cold weather does dampen its energy aura and allows Chante to remain unbarbecued while chopping up Efreetiti.

That puts action onto #2, who was firing at the earth spirit the last we checked (I think). Or, in any case, that's what she'll do now.

#2 shooting earth spirit: Agility 5 + Firearms 3 - Conditions 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/525814): 4d6t5 0 hits

Or not. Guess she doesn't hit anything in particular.

I'm going to move the earth spirit to "Far" to represent its progress in dragging Ité. Efreetiti is now back on the astral. That takes us back to the top of the order.

CharacterInitiative     DistanceCondition     ArmorPlot Points     Edge     Notes
Shiriki's rotodrone4Medium0P9 + Armor 1Per ShirikiPer Shiriki     
Swoopy3Short0S 6P451 of 3-2 wounds
#10 - greater fire spirit - Efreetiti     3on astral0S 2P0 + Immunity 3GMGMon astral
#7 - Doberman A3-6P0 + Armor 1GMGM-2 wounds, assault rifle
Shiriki2Far (in Dragon)     0S 0P1230 of 2
Dan-Dan2Short0S 0P1235 of 6
#3 - male human2-0S 0P2GMGMSMG
#6 - male elf1-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
Chante0Far (at Dragon)0S 0P1233 of 6Invisible (2 hits)
#2 - female human0-0S 0P4GMGMSMG
Chante's spirit of earth 2.0    0Far0S 0P12 + Immunity 3      Per ChantePer Chante     hauling Ité
Ité YeyΆ0Far?S ?P342 of 6Unconscious
#1 - male ork3-17S 0P0GMGMKO
#9 - ice elemental1-0S 17P0 + Immunity 3GMGMKO
#4 - human female4-13S 0P0GMGMKO, SMG
#5 - male ork0-12S 0P0GMGMKO, LMG
#8 - Doberman B1-16P0 + Armor 1GMGMKO, assault rifle
GMN/AN/AN/AN/AGMGM

Next steps
@MDMann Dodge 3 hits. Base damage is 6P if you don't.

@Glorious Roll your Strength + Close Combat - Wounds roll against 1 hit. As stated previously, I'm find if you use your bioware arms and your armor this time. And once you're done, Swoopy can go too.

@rednblack Action to Shiriki's rotodrone.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (12:09:03/06-16-17)
Dodge agility 6 + logic 6 (http://orokos.com/roll/525910): 12d6t5 2 2 hits. So 1 net hit, Dan's armour takes 6 damage.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (13:35:46/06-16-17)
Roto-drone will focus its attacks on #2 Female Human.

Drone Dogbrain Attack: AGI (8) + Projectile Weapons (3) - Wind (2) - Visibility (2) = 7 dice (http://orokos.com/roll/525932): 2#7d6t5 2 4
Well, one of those looks pretty solid.

Defense:
AGI (5) + LOG (3) = 8 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/525933): 2#8d6t5 0 2
Ouch for team UCAS.

First attack hits for 8S, and the second for 8S as well.  That's a combined 16S which is just enough to put her down, I believe.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (16:02:06/06-16-17)
@MDMann 1 net hit means that damage gets staged up to 7P, so Dan-Dan's armor takes 7 boxes.

@rednblack The target still has a bit of armor left, plus bone lacing that eats 2 boxes of damage [not absorbed by armor] from each shot. After armor, she takes 2S from the first shot and 6S from the second shot. That leaves her with 8S and questioning her life choices.


CharacterInitiative     DistanceCondition     ArmorPlot Points     Edge     Notes
Shiriki's rotodrone4Medium0P9 + Armor 1Per ShirikiPer Shiriki     
Swoopy3Short0S 6P451 of 3-2 wounds
#10 - greater fire spirit - Efreetiti     3on astral0S 2P0 + Immunity 3GMGMon astral
#7 - Doberman A3-6P0 + Armor 1GMGM-2 wounds, assault rifle
Shiriki2Far (in Dragon)     0S 0P1230 of 2
Dan-Dan2Short0S 0P535 of 6
#3 - male human2-0S 0P2GMGMSMG
#6 - male elf1-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
Chante0Far (at Dragon)0S 0P1233 of 6Invisible (2 hits)
#2 - female human0-8S 0P0GMGM-2 wounds, SMG
Chante's spirit of earth 2.0    0Far0S 0P12 + Immunity 3      Per ChantePer Chante     hauling Ité
Ité YeyΆ0Far?S ?P342 of 6Unconscious
#1 - male ork3-17S 0P0GMGMKO
#9 - ice elemental1-0S 17P0 + Immunity 3GMGMKO
#4 - human female4-13S 0P0GMGMKO, SMG
#5 - male ork0-12S 0P0GMGMKO, LMG
#8 - Doberman B1-16P0 + Armor 1GMGMKO, assault rifle
GMN/AN/AN/AN/AGMGM

Next steps
@MDMann IC for beating #3 with the butt of your knife, then getting shot in the butt by #6.

@rednblack IC for Shiriki's rotodrone's shooting #2 in the butt.

@Glorious, Part I Roll your Strength + Close Combat - Wounds roll against 1 hit. As stated previously, I'm fine if you use your bioware arms and your armor this time. And I'm also fine using the SR1-3 approach of "most hits wins and does damage, regardless of who was the 'attacker' in the initiative order" that you used on Swoopy's turn.

Tangent: I always that that rule was interesting. It made melee combat suitably terrifying, since it meant you could get hit at any point.

Second tangent: Reviewing the 3E rules, there was also a rule that if you were attacking with two sets of cyberspurs or hand razors then you would add 50% of your Strength to the damage code. You didn't get a bonus to hit, but if you did hit you would do more damage. The rule was only for cyberweapons, not melee weapons, for unknown reasons. Anyway, it's an interesting way to represent the benefits of attacking with two sharp and pointing objects instead of just one sharp and pointy object. It's also in contrast to SR5, where there isn't any real advantage to dual-wielding melee weapons. End tangent.

@Glorious, Part II Action to Swoopy.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (19:34:46/06-17-17)
Nah, this is a no armor squabble.

Let's see if it's live or die time.

Struggle vs 1: STR 5 + Cc 2 + Arms 2 - Wnds 2 + Friends 1 = 8 (http://orokos.com/roll/526254): 8d6t5 2

7P to soldier mcstabs.

And since we're still locked in, once more for all the marbles.

On the razors edge... 8, same as last (http://orokos.com/roll/526256): 8d6t5 4

That's going to be a bad day for the other guy.

Knife fight, base 7 - 2 wnds (http://orokos.com/roll/526257): 5d6t5 3

Who put up a noble resistance, but is now out of the fight with another 7P, for a total of 14P no armor
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (23:46:28/06-17-17)
Swoopy has the Toughness quality so I'm subtracting 1 off his damage track. He's at 5P.

This gives him two extra dice to roll for stabbing the private in the privates. Offline rolling produces 1 extra hit.

Swoopy does 6P base. He has 1 net hit on the first test and 1 net hit on the second test and 1 net hit from the unrolled dice. That's 6P + 6P + 3P net hits = 15P.

The private has bone lacing, so that takes 2P off each hit.  That drops the damage down to 11P[/b, which is still critical]. The private is bleeding out.

#10 - Efreetiti
The fire spirit demateralizes per Chante's exploit and reconsiders its options.

#7 - Doberman A
Shooting Dan-Dan. Agility 8 + Vehicle Weapons 3 - Environment 2 - Wounds 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/526329): 7d6t5 2 hits

@MDMann Dodge 2 hits. Base damage is 8P if you don't.

CharacterInitiative     DistanceCondition     ArmorPlot Points     Edge     Notes
Shiriki's rotodrone4Medium0P9 + Armor 1Per ShirikiPer Shiriki     
Swoopy3Short0S 5P451 of 3-1 wounds
#10 - greater fire spirit - Efreetiti     3on astral0S 2P0 + Immunity 3GMGMon astral
#7 - Doberman A3-6P0 + Armor 1GMGM-2 wounds, assault rifle
Shiriki2Far (in Dragon)     0S 0P1230 of 2
Dan-Dan2Short0S 0P535 of 6
#6 - male elf1-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
Chante0Far (at Dragon)0S 0P1233 of 6Invisible (2 hits)
#2 - female human0-8S 0P0GMGM-2 wounds, SMG
Chante's spirit of earth 2.0    0Far0S 0P12 + Immunity 3      Per ChantePer Chante     hauling Ité
Ité YeyΆ0Far?S ?P342 of 6Unconscious
#1 - male ork3-17S 0P0GMGMKO
#9 - ice elemental1-0S 17P0 + Immunity 3GMGMKO
#4 - human female4-13S 0P0GMGMKO, SMG
#5 - male ork0-12S 0P0GMGMKO, LMG
#8 - Doberman B1-16P0 + Armor 1GMGMKO, assault rifle
#3 - male human2-0S 11P2GMGMKO, bleeding out, SMG
GMN/AN/AN/AN/AGMGM

Next
@MDMann, Part I Dodge 2 hits, and post an IC when you can.

@MDMann, Part II And it's action to Dan-Dan too.

@rednblack Action to Shiriki.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (03:56:39/06-18-17)
Dodge agility 6 + logic 6 (http://orokos.com/roll/526340): 12d6t5 4 4 hits. Doggy dutifully dodged.

Right. Two actions. First is to heal Swoopy, second is to heal or stabilise private Pollack (it should be pollock since he's just been gutted like a fish). Not sure what gifted healer nets me, if it's extra hits or a Reroll. So that needs adding in.


Medicine 8  + logic 6 + gifted healer (http://orokos.com/roll/526352): 2#14d6t5 8 6 that's 8 hits to Swoopy and 6 hits to the pfc, without gifted healer. Obviously I'm not going to leave him in a state to continue the fight. At least not this fight.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (01:14:41/06-19-17)
The Anarchy rules don't give us any guidelines on how Biotech is used. There is a rule that you can use a plot point to immediately heal a box of damage or repair a box of armor, but those actions are independent of any specific skill and can be performed by anyone with a plot point.

That leaves us in a situation where we either need to A) create our own Biotech rules, B) use an established precedent, like SR5 rules, or C) some combination of the above. Let's start with the SR5 rules and then modify them as we see fit. Here are the rules from p.205-6 of SR5.

Roll a First Aid + Logic [Mental] (2) Test, applyingappropriate modifiers from the Healing Modifiers table. (Characters using First Aid on themselves or others must also apply their wound modifiers to the test.) Each net hit over the threshold removes 1 box of damage; divide the net effect in half (rounded up) if the victim being treated is wearing any kind of full-body armor in order to represent the difficulty of treating the patient through armor.
...
Using the First Aid skill in combat requires a Complex Action and takes a number of Combat Turns equal to the number of boxes of damage the character is healing. This means the character applying First Aid must spend one Complex Action per Combat Turn providing care but may spend the rest of their Action Phases however they would like.


Modifiers in this case would be -4 for terrible conditions and -1 (rounding a bit) for Swoopy's implants. That would still leave Dan-Dan with 5 hits on his excellent roll for Swoopy. Normally we would divide that in half because Swoopy is most definitely wearing full body armor, but I'm willing to forgo that in this instance due to Glorious' "fuck it, no armor" bravery. That gives us 5 hits, or 3 net hits over the success threshold of 2, so Dan-Dan can patch up three boxes of damage on Swoopy if he takes three actions to do so.

The same math applies to Private Pollack, whose name does not allude to pollock because I've only ever had it once during a visit Boston seven years ago. (I was, however, tempted to make a joke about Private Pollack getting stabbed in the privates or the bollocks but I refrained from doing so because it undermined the gravitas of his life and potential death.) Dan-Dan would still have 4 hits, would would be 2 net hits over the threshold, which would be enough to stabilize Pollack and prevent him from dying. Freezing to death would be a separate issue.

That is my initial proposal for how to handle Biotech. If anyone has suggestions about how to revise the rules to stay within the spirit of Anarchy while still preserving a modicum of realism, then I'm open to consider them. In the meantime, I'll leave it up to MDMann to decide how he wants to spend his two actions, which in this case are worth one box of healing per action, up to a limit of 3 for Swoopy and 2 for Pollack.

#6 - male elf
I want to roll for Composure. Willpower 5 + Charisma 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/526675): 7d6t5 0 hits, and if glitches were a thing in Anarchy (outside of glitch dice) then this would be a critical glitch.

Well that's fairly decisive. #6 decides that he's an elf and that he's going to have a long life ahead of him but only if he doesn't do something foolish like try to take on a SpecOps squad single-handedly. He breaks and runs.

CharacterInitiative     DistanceCondition     ArmorPlot Points     Edge     Notes
Shiriki's rotodrone4Medium0P9 + Armor 1Per ShirikiPer Shiriki     
Swoopy3Short0S 5P451 of 3-1 wounds
#10 - greater fire spirit - Efreetiti     3on astral0S 2P0 + Immunity 3GMGMon astral
#7 - Doberman A3-6P0 + Armor 1GMGM-2 wounds, assault rifle
Shiriki2Far (in Dragon)     0S 0P1230 of 2
Dan-Dan2Short0S 0P535 of 6
Chante0Far (at Dragon)0S 0P1233 of 6Invisible (2 hits)
#2 - female human0-8S 0P0GMGM-2 wounds, SMG
Chante's spirit of earth 2.0    0Far0S 0P12 + Immunity 3      Per ChantePer Chante     hauling Ité
#6 - male elf0(retreating)0S 0P12GMGMSMG, morale broken
Ité YeyΆ0Far?S ?P342 of 6Unconscious
#1 - male ork3-17S 0P0GMGMKO
#9 - ice elemental1-0S 17P0 + Immunity 3GMGMKO
#4 - human female4-13S 0P0GMGMKO, SMG
#5 - male ork0-12S 0P0GMGMKO, LMG
#8 - Doberman B1-16P0 + Armor 1GMGMKO, assault rifle
#3 - male human2-0S 11P2GMGMKO, bleeding out, SMG
GMN/AN/AN/AN/AGMGM

Next
@MDMann Decide who you want to spend your two actions on. Two on Swoopy or split between Swoopy and Pollack? We'll save the remainder of your hits for future actions you may wish to take.

@Jayde Action to Chante
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (03:50:02/06-19-17)
I'll split the actions I think. 1 hit is enough to stabilise him I would think, which is all that's needed. He takes his own chances with the blizzard (although there's a fire elemental nearby warming the environment).  So I'll dish out one apiece. I'll write it up this evening late.

I think Swoopys only carrying 1 wound anyway, although further healing might help any conditions he carries over. I'll treat him fully later if feasible or see what the next round brings.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (10:21:08/06-19-17)
Chante should be down both one plot point and one point of edge.

I'm taking a moment to consider if Chante should do anything about the Remaining soldier, but I think the others have that taken care of, there's not much time.  The current Spirit of Earth is a lot stronger than the last one and should be moving a lot faster with Ite, but might benefit from Chante's help over rough terrain, stabilizing him so he can move faster without jostling him.  Her strength is 5, so she isn't a weakling.

IC post incoming, but that's what I'll be doing.

--EDIT--

Change of plans, was thinking Ite was on a litter somehow, but he isn't, just being physically carried...

Noted a Soldier had fired at the Spirit of Earth with a SMG, so she's in shouting range...

Going to try to intimidate her into giving up, going to grant a +2 situational modifier (it would be a lot more in non-Anarchy, based on the Social Rolls modifiers in the SR Core) and then +1 Dice for the Hypnotic Suggestion?  Is that legit?  It's only at 1 so I don't really get anything but narrative flavor for it, but that's one where just narrative flavor doesn't seem to work, it needs a mechanic behind it...

Intimidation: Charisma 6 + Intimidation 2 + Situational Mods 2 + Hypnotic 1 (http://orokos.com/roll/526832): 11d6t5 4 hits (3 hits if we veto the bonus die for Hypnotic Suggestion)

Resist with Composure: Willpower 5 + Charisma 2 - Wound Penalties 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/526833): 5d6t5 1 hit

So 3 (or 2) net hits.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (13:11:55/06-19-17)
There's no mechanical / dicepool benefit for Hypnotic Suggestion until you get the amp to Level 2. However, the "narrative" benefit in this case is that Chante can shout down someone in the middle of a gunfight and actually be heard and have her meaning understood. #2's morale breaks and she limps away, following #6.

You're down to the #7 Doberman and the fire spirit. Shiriki's rotodrones can probably finish it off.

CharacterInitiative     DistanceCondition     ArmorPlot Points     Edge     Notes
Shiriki's rotodrone4Medium0P9 + Armor 1Per ShirikiPer Shiriki     
Swoopy3Short0S 4P451 of 3-1 wounds, Dan-Dan can mend 2 more boxes
#10 - greater fire spirit - Efreetiti     3on astral0S 2P0 + Immunity 3GMGMon astral
#7 - Doberman A3-6P0 + Armor 1GMGM-2 wounds, assault rifle
Shiriki2Far (in Dragon)     0S 0P1230 of 2
Dan-Dan2Short0S 0P535 of 6
Chante0Far (at Dragon)0S 0P1222 of 6
Chante's spirit of earth 2.0    0Far0S 0P12 + Immunity 3      Per ChantePer Chante     hauling Ité
#6 - male elf0(retreating)0S 0P12GMGMSMG, morale broken
#2 - female human0(retreating)8S 0P0GMGM-2 wounds, SMG, morale broken
Ité YeyΆ0Far?S ?P342 of 6Unconscious
#1 - male ork3-17S 0P0GMGMKO
#9 - ice elemental1-0S 17P0 + Immunity 3GMGMKO
#4 - human female4-13S 0P0GMGMKO, SMG
#5 - male ork0-12S 0P0GMGMKO, LMG
#8 - Doberman B1-16P0 + Armor 1GMGMKO, assault rifle
#3 - male human2-0S 11P2GMGMKO, bleeding out, SMG
GMN/AN/AN/AN/AGMGM

Next
@MDMann IC post for dodging and applying first aid to Swoopy and Pollack.

@rednblack Action to Shiriki's rotodrones.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (15:07:23/06-19-17)
I have actions for both Shiriki, and the roto-drone that need to be dealt with, as well as an IC post from the last roto-drone's actions up through the present.

With the Fire Spirit de-materialized, Shirki is worried it will follow the logic of that last Spirit of Earth, so he's going to jack out, ready his assault rifle, and wait for something fiery and unfriendly to try to bbq him.  So, I guess this is the Anarchy version of Holding an Action.  I'm going to toss in a Perception test as well.  If he does ok, we'll say that Shiriki can see that the remaining UCAS soldiers are retreating, and he'll command the roto-drone to hit the last remaining Doberman.

Perception: LOG (7) + WIL (6) + Control Rig (2) = 15 dice (http://orokos.com/roll/526935): 15d6t5 3

We'll say this is Average Difficulty.
Average: 8 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/526938): 8d6t5 3
Close, but it looks like the Roto-drone can get updates on targeting.

Roto-drone Attack
Drone Dogbrain Attack: AGI (8) + Projectile Weapons (3) - Wind (2) - Visibility (2) = 7 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/526939): 2#7d6t5 4 0

Doberman Defense
AGI (8) + LOG (6) - Wounds (2) = 12 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/526940): 2#12d6t5 2 5
It's hit on the first roll with 2 Net Hits, making damage 8S(e).  Armor drops it to 7S -- assuming it still gets Armor reduction after Armor has been depleted, but that should still knock it out.

On the Healing front, I'm not sure that I agree with applying 5e rules to the largely absent Anarchy mechanics.  Part of the draw is that Anarchy does away with large swaths of Modifiers, and I can't remember any Thresholds being applied in the book similar to the Healing threshold on Healing for 5e

Page 43 of Anarchy says, "Additionally, some characters are medics or magicians and can use an appropriate Skill to fix armor or heal a teammate, with each hit on the appropriate Skill Test healing a box of damage," which makes me think that no Threshold is intended.  There's also no mention of environmental modifiers.  One thing that I don't like about RAW here, is that it limits the time when I see PCs ever making use of spending a Plot Point to Heal a single box when even a lowly skilled Prime Runner could average quite a few points in Healing without reducing their own Plot Points or giving the GM more "ammunition."  It might make more sense for Healing skill tests to only be performed when the team is between combat scenes to help balance that out.

IC coming up.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (16:01:53/06-19-17)
I'll be the first (well, second in this case) to express reservations about applying a crunch-heavy approach to first aid in a crunch-lite environment, but at the same time I needed to get something in place and keep the action moving. The Doberman is aptly dispatched by Shiriki's rotodrone so we can pause to discuss now.

Let's break it down into three components:
1) Threshold
2) Environmental modifiers
3) When first aid may be performed

Threshold
Rednblack found a good passage about first aid that doesn't mention thresholds, so we can update the ruling with that. Dan-Dan can heal up to 5 boxes on Swoopy and 4 boxes on Pollack.

Environmental modifiers
The GM's discretion to apply modifiers is clearly outlined on p. 38, with examples for environment and distractions that are highly relevant here. The guidelines recommend never going past +/- 5, which we didn't do. There aren't many ways in which the environment could be worse at the moment, unless the forest were on fire, or one of the participants were on fire, so I'm feeling quite content with the -4 modifier to represent darkness, weather, and distractions. Plus it conveniently mirrors SR5's -4 modifier for Terrible Conditions.

When first aid may be applied
Anarchy is more about freedom and possibilities rather than limitations and restrictions, so I wouldn't want to rule out the prospect of a dramatic rescue / stabilization in the middle of combat by limiting first aid to the time between scenes. At the same time, I don't want the players (or NPCs) performing trauma-level surgery over the course of a few seconds. I like SR5's "you must spend a Complex action each combat turn for ___ combat turns in order to heal ___ boxes" guideline. If Dan-Dan wants to patch up 5 boxes on Swoopy, great, but there has to be an opportunity cost there where Dan-Dan needs to work for 3 rounds (with 2 actions per round) while Swoopy sits still in order to keep things (semi-)realistic and reasonable.

The fact that Dan-Dan can do this without spending a plot point doesn't bother me. For one, I don't want to make healing and repairing into special skills that requires a plot point to operate when no other skills do. Second, I interpret the plot point as "buying" an automatic, single success. Even a Logic 1 character with no Biotech skill can do it, as long as they have the plot point to spend.

Next steps
We're out of combat for the moment. The physical opposition has been routed and the astral opposition does not re-materialize. Chante and Dan-Dan can see Efreetiti hovering out-of-reach on the astral, hostile and brooding, biding its time for an inconvenient opportunity.

@Everyone I want an IC from everyone to summarize what you're doing over the next 30 seconds or so, which presumably involves getting on the Dragon. That's enough time for Dan-Dan to stabilize Pollack, get to the Dragon, and then start working on Swoopy there.

Unless there are plans to the contrary, I imagine that you'll detonate your charges as you take off and head for home. At that point we'll take a break for karma, karma spending, and further discussion of Anarchy's rules, or lack thereof.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (17:32:08/06-19-17)
How long will Ite (in minutes roughly) have had since his stroke? Since time is a factor in treatment, that's got to be Dan's next move when he gets opportunity. He'll finish with Swoopy first mind, mostly as a combat decision.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (18:17:31/06-19-17)
Will Shiriki be able to get the Dragon airborne in this 30 second window?
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (18:40:05/06-19-17)
Rolls for treating Ite, when there's opportunity. Spent an edge to increase hits before rolling.

Medicine 8  + logic 6 + gifted healer (http://orokos.com/roll/527018): 2#12d6t4 7 5.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (19:34:29/06-19-17)
@rednblack Yes, more than enough time. Shiriki could probably get the Dragon airborne in five seconds, not that everyone can get on it that quickly. Dan-Dan can move quickly because his movement powers let him run on top of the snow, but Swoopy is going to be dragging ass due to his wound and a desire not to re-open the initial treatment.

@MDMann It's been about three minutes since Ité's cerebral hemorrhage. I'll let you pick whether it's a subdural hematoma, a subarachnoid hemorrhage, or an intracerebral hemorrhage. I would vote for the latter but it's up to you. We'll say that medical technology combined with astral senses are astute enough to determine the type without a CT scan.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (18:46:08/06-21-17)
Site is back up, at least for the moment. Let's do those IC posts now before it goes down again.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (03:23:05/06-22-17)
Going to post treating Ite next. I haven't added anything for using the knife in the rolls above but I'll use it descriptively. It's the appropriate tool...
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (13:03:29/06-22-17)
Piloting: Drone Piloting: AGI (8) + Pilot (5) + Control Rig (2) + Combat Pilot (2) + VR (1) = 18 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/527823): 18d6t5 4

Opposing roll: Environmental Opposed Roll: 12 (http://orokos.com/roll/527824): 12d6t5 3

Takeoff looks good.  Let's see what kind of speeds Shiriki can get up to.
Drone Piloting: AGI (8) + Pilot (5) + Control Rig (2) + Combat Pilot (2) + VR (1) = 18 dice. (http://orokos.com/roll/527826): 18d6t5 7

Opposing roll: Environmental Opposed Roll: 12 (http://orokos.com/roll/527827): 12d6t5 3
Damn son, that's how you pilot out of UCAS territory.

Last roll I'll make is a Perception test. 
Perception: LOG (7) + WIL (6) + Control Rig (2) = 15 dice (http://orokos.com/roll/527828): 15d6t5 7
Shiriki sees all.  I guess I should be narrating what Shiriki sees, but GM told us to only narrate for the next 30 seconds, and I'm fine with letting the scene end and moving on toward Karma and the next chapter.  I'll leave what Shiriki sees to the GM, but hope that any incoming aircraft or materialized Spirits will be seen in time for Shiriki to react and respond accordingly.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (20:47:56/06-22-17)
Why is Chante frozen rigid by a spurt of blood?  ???  Well, it's your narrative :P
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (00:45:55/06-23-17)
Action is to me. I'll be posting an IC to wrap up the chapter.

Next Steps
1) Karma. I'll PM you your karma awards. You can spend it or save it. Let me know what you plan on spending it on. I don't think I'm going to say no to something unless it's completely far-fetched, like someone suddenly Emerging. I just want to know what's changing and which direction your character is developing in. The change will happen instantaneously with no in-game justification needed. You'll learn your new spell or grow your new bioware just like that. This can be done via PM or via the OOC thread, whatever you prefer.

2) This is the end of Chapter 1. Now's the time for us to stop and collectively assess how we're feeling with the game. In my head, this was Chapter 1 of 3. I'm willing to continue but if anyone wants to bow out, either because the game isn't what you thought it would be or life is leading you away, then there will be no hard feelings and you'll still be welcome in any of my future games.

We spent 99 days on Chapter 1, although two weeks of that was the site being hacked. So, adjusting a bit, that means that Chapter 1 lasted 12 weeks. The subsequent chapters would be approximately the same length, although they could take longer because they are less linear than Chapter 1.

3) It's also time to figure out what is and isn't working about the game, which mostly will come down to what is and isn't working about Anarchy. You are under no obligation to agree with any of this; please speak freely.

The Good
+ I'm very happy with the quality of IC posts and how regular everyone has been about posting, both OOCly and ICly. You guys are doing great.
+ As a GM, I'm only IC posting twice per IC page. The fact that only 1 out of 7 posts are mine is really strong testimony both the player agency that Anarchy provides but also this group's willingness to move the narrative forward. I'm extremely happy about this.
+ I really like how Anarchy simplifies skills.
+ I also like the high-level approach to modifiers. This makes calculating pools and rolling dice so, so much faster than SR5. In SR5 I would dread adjudicating 10+ NPCs, not just for the modifiers uniquely applicable to each combatant but also for calculating the action economy (Free/Simple/Complex) for each and every one of them. This really helps keeps the action moving while still getting me to bed at a reasonable hour.
+ I like how you don't have to roll Initiative after every combat round. That saved us many, many days of not having to pause and roll every time we got to the bottom of the order.
+ I think keeping the "table" open in Talk Time has worked well, rather than going in a stricter order for non-combat Narratives.

The Less Good
- We're not using Plot Points to their full potential. I like how we have used them, but as a team you still have 14 left. I don't know if that's standard gamer hoarding - which I do myself in every computer game - or if people just don't think about them, or feel that they're necessary.
- As we've mentioned before, I'm not thrilled with Armor acting as additional hit points. Not only is it unrealistic, it also slows down gameplay because each and every armored goon is going to need 3+ attacks to chew up their armor and then their damage track. Even if we subtract out the two weeks that the site was down, and then another day for it being down this week, the most recent fight still took 31 days. My hope would be to resolve an action like this in two weeks or less. This is in no way a criticism of the players but rather of the system, most of which I'm attributing to Armor. As such, I'm open to thoughts or ideas about how to adjust Armor and/or AP. I'm not totally opposed to going back to an SR5 soak roll (Strength + Armor) but nor is it my first choice since it will involve more rolling.

That's it for now. I'll probably think of more as I sleep on it overnight. Please contribute your thoughts on the game and the rules while pondering how you want to spend your karma.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (03:02:21/06-23-17)
Surprise. It's a powerful stream under pressure from about two inches away into her face. It's hardly the worst she's seen (no doubt) but it's a bit of a shock.

For the armour, perhaps a dice pool modifier to add to defence or dodge? Gut says two dice for the moots we faced, three for us. Where it's important to determine between dodging and armour absorption, you can see where the hits are on orokos.com so armour counts on the last ones if needed. This gives the option to downgrade the armour as it's struck.  Downside, doing it properly (working out the mods) before combat might be more GM work. It should speed things up overall though. What do you think? Run a combat and test it?
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (14:38:03/06-23-17)
The good is the good.  I liked that we never really had to pause for any length of time.

As for plot points, I tried to use a few to get that Exploit die out... but using them to add additional challenges to the scene can get a little hokey, fast.  Like every time you turn a corner there's a sudden burst of fresh enemies!

Of course, we have to be far more creative with their use.  If a plot point has a group of enemies suddenly turn a corner, another plot point could be used to say that security protocols cause a blast door between you and them to close...

I think this is just a sort of 'getting used to the system'

As for Armor, I dunno... having it the way it is makes it  so there's less dice rolling overall.  Once damage occurs, it is applied, so that's one less die roll.  Having a soak roll to make things go faster can backfire, if someone has good enough armor and rolls to start negating damage enough... guys drop in two hits rather than 1, but with soak, it could end up taking 3-4 hits.  Especially on Spirits.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (11:55:07/06-24-17)
General Impressions:

Anarchy seems to mostl work well with PbP in of that it encourages longer, fuller posts and scene advancement per "move", avoiding the fatal slowness of many PbP games. We've seen that.

I think that as a group we are just beginning to appreciate the fact that we are also mini-gms, and have narrative control. As that increases, we should start to see an even leaner form of PbP in terms of useful:filler posts.

Re: plot points. So there's basically two times you can use plot points, in the narrative or in combat. In combat, if the GM is playing "fair for a GM", having, essentially, six extra edge per player seems anti-dramatic. Which may be just the thing for a John Woo style game, but less so here. The other major use is basically seizing control of the narrative. I get the sense that is a more important role in real time and once you begin to narrate more than your own character. We won't ever go real time and therefore pro ably won't use plot points for interrupting and refocusing - however I do think we may see more "beyond the character" narrations and therefore plot points used, in the future.

Combat: Is the weak point. It very rapidly degenerates into a long, slow, dice off with little room for flair beyond the descriptive. Armor is partly to blame, as is I think the player desire not to have their "cool maneveur" automatically work every time and hence a reluctance to use them. To be honest this may be a PbP fault more than an Anarchy - I like the simpler action sequence, and other than mega armor it should be faster

. I recommend we put together a few examples of things beyond "I roll my attack dice" that would be considered within reasonable player control and yet would alter the situation. Things you would do naturally in a 5E game if you weren't stairs you were deus ex-ing the world in your favor.

Armor rules heavily favor NPCs. Since PCs will presumably go through multiple engagements before "topping off" again, every armor hit point lost is a permanent loss while the NPCs start with 1.5 or more "hits" extra than normal. Which would be in keeping with every game ever, except for the fact the now 3 attack minimum NPCs will all get a chance to wade in. The net effect is that combat starts feeling very D&D grind out the HP while conserving your own, and less Shadowrun "and six seconds later, everyone in the room was having a very bad day".
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (07:31:07/06-26-17)
Since the chapter is over, is it worth opening up recruitment to replace Ite?
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (12:48:19/06-26-17)
I was originally thinking of this as a 3-4 player + 1 GM game, but was willing to expand it to 5 due to the expressed interest. Now that we're back down to 4 we're still where I thought we should be in terms of player count.

If we opt to continue into Chapter 2 then you'll see that recruiting/replacement doesn't make much sense in the storyline. Odds are good that Shiriki will inherit Ité's cyberdeck and programs. The skill drop-off is not significant. Ité has better Hacking and Electronics but Shiriki's better Logic makes up for all but 1 of the dice. You'll be missing another warm body to throw things at people, but I'll just adjust the opposition accordingly.

I'm still waiting for rednblack's buy-in on Chapter 2, and any thoughts or tweaks he would like to make to Anarchy.

I thought a lot about the armor issue over the weekend. I can come up with some interesting approaches but none of them are the perfect balance between realism, game play, and minimizing rolling. I might write some of them up later this afternoon or evening to see what the group thinks.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (14:01:36/06-26-17)
I may also suggest that we have a small communal map maintained for combat related things. It does not have to be to scale, or anything that would make this a war game, but as a helpful visual aid and as something to give players some tactical options.

Side note of nerding: not having a map created some very kriegspiel moments this time through. While an excellent example of how even super simple reports quickly become a confused blur, I think we're willing to sacrifice that in return for fidelity of action
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (01:12:14/06-27-17)
Some armor ideas. The math will assume 12 dice to attack, 6 dice to dodge, and a base damage of 8P when you are attacking. That leaves an average of 2 net hits to stage the damage up to 10P.

When you are being attacked, the math will assume that you have 12 to dodge (although you range between 10 and 15) and that the attack connects with no net hits.

Method 1 - Roll soak
Idea: The SR4-5 method. Roll Strength + Armor.
Example: You guys would roll 16-18 dice so let's say you average 6 hits. Against an 8P attack that would leave you with 2 boxes of damage. On attacks you initiate, the average damage will be 4 boxes, so most enemies would go down with three hits.
Pros: Established, reasonably balanced. One-shots potentially possible due to bad soak rolling.
Cons: Much more rolling that the GM would rather not do.

Method 2 - Armor auto-soaks
Idea: Armor soaks hits at a 3:1 ratio with no rolling. Armor rating 12 is now effectively Armor 4. Optional: armor degrades 1 point after each Physical (not Stun) attack until repaired.
Example: Armor 12 would now soak 4 hits the first attack, 3 hits the second attack, 2 hits the third attack, then 1 hit the last attack. Your 8P+2 net hit attack would do 6 boxes the first time, then 7 boxes the second time. On the receiving end, you would take 4 boxes the first attack, 5 boxes the second attack, 6 boxes the third attack. Enemies go down on the second hit on average. Players would go down on the third hit.
Pros: Maintains the idea of armor degrading. Motivation to spend plot points on armor repair. No additional rolling required. Similar to the SR1-3 approach.
Cons: No opportunity to one-shot an opponent. Stacked auto-soaking could lead someone to be impervious (see Chrome Bison, p. 91, who would auto-soak 9 boxes per attack).

Method 3 - All attacks assumed to have Armor Avoidance
Idea: Base damage goes to armor, net hits go directly to damage track.
Example: On average, the players would not be affected by this. On the attack, 2 boxes would go to the enemy's damage monitor while the rest went to their armor.
Pros: Established precedent. Getting wounds on the damage track will lead to negative modifiers sooner, which could then help end battles faster. The least invasive/radical change.
Cons: Invalidates the AA benefits of attacks that currently have it. One-shots are still impossible. Preserves some of the unrealistic ways that armor would degrade after meaningless attacks. (Twelve punches from Granny still wipe out your milspec suit.)

Method 4 - Armor adds to your dodge pool at a 3:1 ratio
Idea: I believe this is what MDMann was suggesting. You roll dodge + 4 dice for your milspec armor. Armor no longer soaks.
Example:  That would be enough to break the tie between attack/dodge so that most attacks wouldn't hit the players. On the flip side, the players would be connecting with 1 net hit instead of 2.
Pros: No additional rolling. If armor doesn't soak anymore, then most player attacks will do 9 boxes of damage and knock the grunt out of the fight.
Cons: No soak also means that players would be KO'd after just 1-2 attacks, making dodging all but mandatory. That removes any gradation between "uninjured" and "almost dead".

Method 5 - Compare net hits on the attack vs. dodge and armor separately (but simultaneously)
Idea: Roll dodge and armor at the same time in Orokos. If attack > dodge+armor, then armor doesn't soak. If attack > dodge but attack < dodge+armor then armor soaks. If attack < dodge then attack misses.
Example:  The players would have 2 net hits but Armor 12 would roll 4. That means the attack would go to the armor more often than not. Same for the reverse situation.
Pros: Potential for one-shots vs. bad dodge/armor rolls. Realistic that most attacks would hit full body armor.
Cons: More rolling, although the additional syntax is modest since the rolls can be done simultaneously. Much more mental math to figure out where the attack connects. On average, most attacks will hit armor, so this is no faster than the current system.

Those are some of the mechanical concepts. I am aware that, as GM, I can also just give goons less armor, or have them give up sooner and not fight to the bitter end. I would say that I am doing my best to be realistic about these considerations.

That's a pretty good summary of what was rolling around my head over the weekend. The floor is open for feedback.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (02:13:13/06-27-17)
Method 4 is what I was suggesting but with a soak roll. So say you take 3 hits before dodging and roll 4 hits to dodge. Since you can see the order of the dice rolled in orokos.com you can degrade the armour. If that was 2 hits at the front of your dodge roll and 2 at the end there would be 2 hits dodged and 1 caught by the armour which is then degraded 1 so you roll less dice at the next defence. The extra hit is ignored. Pro is it allows armour to degrade now and a bad roll could add a one hit kill. Con is extra book-keeping. Same as method 4.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (00:35:47/07-09-17)
Forums are back, at least for the moment. Please check in when you see this.

We lost our Chapter Two posts.

I'm seriously contemplating moving the game over to a more stable site, like RPoL.net. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has a strong preference.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (20:59:34/07-10-17)
I don't have a specific preference, and would agree that site transfer might be better overall.

Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: rednblack on (22:10:46/07-10-17)
Checking in.

I've been impressed with rpol. I don't like their lack of search functionality, but the fact that it's almost always up is a big plus. I'd be fine with moving there.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (01:52:34/07-11-17)
Checking in. I don't know rpol but seems sensible to move.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (02:54:07/07-11-17)
I'll give the site credit that it's snappier than ever. That said, I'm not eager to lose any more posts. I spent a long time writing that Chapter 2 intro.

In the "useless facts" category, today was Jayde's 1,000th day on the forums!

Glorious just passed his 5-year anniversary a week ago and MDMann reached 1 year a little before that. I'm coming up on 6. We all joined in June or July, so I guess there's something about summer and Shadowrun.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (13:24:53/07-11-17)
Alright. So...want to say we make a forum call by the 14th and then continue from there?

Also, Tec, you got mail
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (14:05:30/07-11-17)
We certainly have a majority vote but I'll give Jayde the opportunity to veto if it's a deal-breaker for him. I am encouraged by the site's new responsiveness, so if Jayde isn't open to moving then I am (cautiously) willing to stay.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (14:06:44/07-11-17)
It occurs to me that we're in Jayde's black-out window when he wasn't going to have internet access. I think today is the last day of that, and then he was going to have spotty access soon after. Hopefully he can check in soon.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (18:19:32/07-15-17)
If the team wants to move, then let's move.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (18:20:23/07-15-17)
In other news, I totally posted a post before I left... but I see that there is no post posted.

Anger.

Back in the saddle Monday.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (18:50:34/07-15-17)
I'm not particularly amused by the post I lost either. I recall reading posts from both Jayde Moon and Glorious before the latest crash. Rednblack and MDMann, if either of you posted in Chapter 2 then I missed it.

There won't be the expectation to rewrite the Chapter 2 posts. When I redo the initial Chapter 2 IC post it will very much be an abbreviated version.

I'll start the process of migrating over to RPoL this weekend. The goal will be to resume on Monday, although rednblack will be in Florida next week and I'll be offline from Thursday afternoon through Tuesday. It might be a casual start.

Everyone make an account at http://www.rpol.net/ and then send me your user name so that I can add you to the game.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (23:19:45/07-15-17)
Now on RPOl as GloriousRuse
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (20:33:22/07-17-17)
Jayde, MDMann, do you have RPoL accounts yet?
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Jayde Moon on (21:59:18/07-17-17)
Yes.  Perhaps with no space.  Or with a space, can't remember now :-/
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (22:50:41/07-17-17)
No space. You've been added!

Now it's down to MDMann.

People can start posting at their leisure. The nice thing about RPoL is that every game has it's own space, so you have as many threads as you want without worrying that you're cluttering things up. We can have a thread for character sheets separate from the OOC thread, for example, or we can do subthreads that are only visible to certain players if the group splits up, etc. I don't know all the capabilities but there are some fancy options available.

As stated previously, I'm not going to rewrite the initial Chapter 2 IC post, but I'll try to post a condensed version that's basically, "You can't come home. Go to St. Louis and await further instructions."
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (16:41:52/07-18-17)
I'm uncertain if RPoL is alerting people that they've been added to the game or not. Here's the link to the game space, in the event the answer is "no":

http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=69991&date=1500160263
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: GloriousRuse on (18:47:21/07-20-17)
So, just to check, we are Game On over at RPOL, right?
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (19:00:56/07-20-17)
Yes, we are. MDMann is real-lifing at work this week and rednblack is real-lifing on vacation. My own access will be somewhat less than usual from now until Wednesday, as I am about to hop on a plane for Tir Tairngire.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (00:15:31/07-24-17)
Let's resume posting tomorrow/today, Monday the 24th. The "post or die" conditions will be in effect starting Monday morning. GloriousRuse is covered for now.

MDMann still needs to make an RPoL account.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: MDMann on (16:52:28/07-25-17)
Well I finally created an account. Same name.
Title: Re: Alea Iacta Est (OOC)
Post by: Tecumseh on (01:02:18/07-26-17)
MDMann has been added to the game so we're all on RPoL now and, in theory, this will be our last post on the official forums.

I can't remember if you have to subscribe on RPoL for alerts that there have been new posts in your game or if those happen automatically, but I posted ICly last night. OOC and IC posting should resume as soon as possible.