Shadowrun

Shadowrun Play => Play-by-Post => Topic started by: gilga on (13:54:45/09-15-16)

Title: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (13:54:45/09-15-16)
Hi welcome, it is still a work in progress, this post is to be used as a cheat sheet to all the resources we need. First check that your characters are updated and if they are not - I will appreciate it if you set the referenced post to the newest version also make sure that you have your back story and contacts figured out.


 Map (https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zjW11PeDhJLw.k7WeOq69XswQ)

Characters and players:
1. Jack_Spade Kynos ex-military Jarhead - charsheet (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=21722.msg393033#msg393033)
2. Mulcarn - Sovereign , Black Mage - charsheet (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=21722.msg393055#msg393055)
3. Kuirem - Wheely, Sophisticated Rigger charsheet (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=24762.msg463200#msg463200)
4. Raiderjoseph  ????, a one punch troll charsheet (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=24762.msg463153#msg463153)
5. Stuttrboy, Shiba Ayato,  transhuman adept charsheet (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=24762.msg463150#msg463150)
6. Ennui, Irris, a thrill seeking ex-military from Tir. charsheet (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=24762.msg463149#msg463149)
7. Imaldir - Nyx, A face that breaths fire  -  charsheet (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=24762.msg462151#msg462151)
8. Mercy - Nicole Monet, An axe wielding surgeon, charsheet (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=24762.msg463638#msg463638)

No longer playing cool as NPCs 
1. Bartleby - Roxxy - Troll disco diva and technomancer - charsheet (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=21722.msg392995#msg392995)
2. Triskavanski - Papa Ratzy  charsheet (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=21756.msg394651#msg394651)
3.  WNxTyr4el  - Aiden Pirce -  charsheet (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21756.0;attach=3668)
4. Crossbow - Flatline -  human mage/medic charsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LK3laTg2dY9llhZ0FFR2IkyeOeNzDZhD_1kTOePiuas/edit?usp=sharing)
7. All4BigGuns Serge-  Medic and Pistoleer  charsheet (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8XkQp9M7IKbUHNTY1RNTlowTGM/view)
9. Spitfire - Spitfire Decker  charsheet+Story (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=21722.msg399560#msg399560)
10. Obidancer - Big Jim  charsheet + Story (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=21756.msg399340#msg399340)
11. Jayde Moon - Barrens Courier, Cat Mentor Adept. charsheet (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=21722.msg393038#msg393038)
[/quote]
12. Shaman_Yuri - Minnie,  Mouse adept  story (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=21722.msg393374#msg393374)  charsheet (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=21722.msg393416#msg393416)
13. Mercy Merchant - Athos, Troll Shooter charsheet (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=21722.msg393461#msg393461)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (15:22:37/09-15-16)
Do you have any NPC contacts you would prefer us to use?  I'm happy to make them up but most game masters I know prefer to have at least an established fixer.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (15:37:17/09-15-16)
I have no organized list but feel free to make your own some of them will evolve to NPC's in this game and the ones used you will get for free providing you are polite to them and fulfill their jobs.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:52:48/09-15-16)
@gilga

I've still got some Karma left - can the veterans spend it or do we pick up where we left?

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (00:34:21/09-16-16)
I am still undecided exactly where we pick up, the challenge is to try and integrate everyone to the story. Feel free to spend the karma you have though, I am also thinking of how to allow downtime between runs so that karma can be spent and I think it can also give you some time to RP the day to day.



Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (01:57:21/09-16-16)
Cool, in that case I'll be spending 2 Karma to learn 1 point of Arcana.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (02:34:45/09-16-16)
What I think is my final character is up on the recruitment thread but I do not know how to link it to this thread.

Sad about Athos, he has all that karma he earned and now cannot spend it.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (09:14:00/09-16-16)
Sheet is here (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=24762.msg462151#msg462151), first page of the recruitment post.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (15:29:14/09-16-16)
Athos will remain as an NPC,  a possible Jhonson for the runners - like he was when Mercy played him. (If any his lack of social skills will make him pay more generously for your services.).

I updated the first page with all char sheets. Is everybody ready to start?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:35:01/09-16-16)
Almost done with the update. But nothing that would stop me from playing. :)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (16:00:37/09-16-16)
I can be, I just need to get my contacts and backstory fleshed out I'm happy with the build otherwise.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (16:07:44/09-16-16)
I'm ready yes.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (16:23:29/09-16-16)
Fire away.  ;)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:58:41/09-16-16)
And finished.
Bought the Perfect Time Quality as well as a few R1 skills
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (17:06:10/09-16-16)
Let's roll!
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (18:16:48/09-16-16)
Sure I'm ready to go.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:54:22/09-17-16)
I assume that Bellevue is as chaotic as the rest of the city - so private security around the casino rather than KE on all the streets.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (15:52:11/09-17-16)
The Casino is expected to have private security, a small army of it actually, but Bellevue is now secured by Mafia goons so it is more ordered than the Barrens. The Mafia however only protects its direct economical interests, e,g. the businesses and neighborhoods that pay rather than everyone, so it is kind of 50/50.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (16:45:40/09-17-16)
Two French girls on the team?  This could be fun.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (16:53:57/09-17-16)
I will avoid speaking French after that though, it's not really useful. But for the first time, it was fun :p
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (19:43:16/09-17-16)
Quelqu'un a un problème avec le Français?  :P
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (21:16:42/09-17-16)
Who knows...

Oh and I found a nice image for Noëmie. The chest could be vastly better, but the rest is nice so... let's just ignore that detail :o
In the spoiler to not take too much space.

[spoiler](https://67.media.tumblr.com/94eb6946f2f62d92a874735354541591/tumblr_inline_n0nt8fCr4o1r8ypoz.png)[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (01:42:13/09-18-16)
She looks great...what's wrong with the chest?  I mean besides the most common superpower?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (02:36:01/09-18-16)
I was thinking something along the same line.  Not sure I see much wrong with her chest.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (03:09:10/09-18-16)
Just an FYI, Mercy called Ennui's character Iris, she pronounces it more like ear-ris than eye-ris, like irregular or irridescent.  Not that it really matters on a read only message board.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (03:12:30/09-18-16)
Sorry.  I thought it was a typo.  I will edit the post.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (03:52:02/09-18-16)
Irris is one of the few names that are pronounced the same in both Hebrew and Finnish. 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (03:56:07/09-18-16)
That's a very odd bit of information you have there.  I thought she just made it up.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (05:24:10/09-18-16)
me too =P
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (05:47:10/09-18-16)
In Finnish it is spelled Iiris (I think) but it is pronounced as you stated so I figured you mean the same name.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (06:54:29/09-18-16)
@gilga

Question on rolls, should I just make whatever roll I think is fit or will you give me what I should roll?

I said I made a Matrix Search did it turn up nothing whatever the result?

Just in case here is the roll:

Matrix Search : Casa (http://orokos.com/roll/437570): 13d6t5 4
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (08:36:24/09-18-16)
@ by the way Kynos has worked with Casa. (and has even killed one of his henchman)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (08:44:49/09-18-16)
@Kulirm the term Casa does not link to a certain person. It means simply house. you will need an actual name to learn more about the man. when you cross reference it to the Gates you discover that you are in the heart of a branch of the Finnigan Mafia family. The owner Valentina is the the only woman  at the family's inner circle. There are some references to Casa as a Jhonson but none of them is from Seattle all from Europe a.d you are unsure if it is the same person.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (09:02:40/09-18-16)
Oh, I remember now. The guy he shot and stabbed and afterwards took his job too.
I'll edit my post
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (10:23:43/09-19-16)
I notice everyone else uses third person while I use 1st person, is that a problem for anyone?  It helps me stay in character.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:25:53/09-19-16)
Third person actually, and no, as far as I'm concerned, do your thing  :)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (10:30:42/09-19-16)
Er yeah sorry, I knew that.  I don't know why I put second person.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:39:27/09-19-16)
But now that you said it I wonder how you could write a game in second person. It would have to be like film directions:
"You go to the meeting and look around: The waiting runners look curiously at you, awaiting your response. You have the nagging feeling that someone is watching you and describing your every move..."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (10:51:41/09-19-16)
So now we are playing a Deadpool RPG?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:56:17/09-19-16)
Ok. Now I have to build a Mystic Adept Shapechanger (for the regeneration) with Quasimodo face and some severe mental issues ;D
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (11:51:40/09-19-16)
Lol.  That actually sounds kinda awesome.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (19:30:31/09-19-16)
Hum, I don't really mind, but why do you keep calling Noëmie Nicole? Nicole is Mercy's character ^^

And I'll wait a bit before I answer, in case someone wants to say something.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (19:59:35/09-19-16)
Sorry honest mistake, I thought it was the name of her fake SIN. I'll change to Valerie.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (20:01:38/09-19-16)
No problem, it didn't prevent me from knowing it was for me and not Mercy ;)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (01:45:41/09-20-16)
By the way, did we lose our one-punch troll?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (01:58:10/09-20-16)
I'm not even sure he knows it started ^^
Oh and good luck with the negotiations :p
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (08:30:58/09-20-16)
Not so fast lady, you don't want to disappoint Kynos-san do you? Come on, I only throw 1 dice for negotiation
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (09:14:49/09-20-16)
I usually substitute Intimidation for Negotiation at a -2 penalty  ;D
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (10:04:51/09-20-16)
Nice, now I can roll a -1 dice  ::)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (14:09:26/09-20-16)
You will be thrilled (or not) to know that I named all my vehicles/drones as a true Rigger, I put it there althought I will mention them IC as well :

Hyundai Equus : Binky
Sony Goldfish : John Johnston
Evo Proletarian : Aziz
Renraku Jardinero : Jean Dupont
Renraku Gerbill : Lola
GM-Nissan Doberman : Spot
Ferret RPD-1X : Zack
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (15:22:11/09-20-16)
Can't be any worse than me naming most of my spirits after black metal bands/singers and lord of the rings monsters.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (15:47:49/09-20-16)
He hasn't responded in my game thread either so who knows whats up with him?  Hopefully nothing serious.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Raiderjoseph on (17:13:05/09-20-16)
Jesus Christ! I had to buy new wifi and you started the rp early! PLEASE tell me I can still enter.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (17:26:52/09-20-16)
Sure, I'll figure something out.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (17:33:31/09-20-16)
Welcome back.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (17:42:31/09-20-16)
I dont know anything about pixies can anyone give me the 411?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (17:50:46/09-20-16)
I don't know about a 411, but it's in Run Faster, p99.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (18:04:54/09-20-16)
Small, with wings, amazing Mental stats, REA and AGI and natural magic abilities but super frail. Can fly and vanish, particularly when killed. Oddly enough they are not Dual Natured but have a natural Astral Perception. That's the most elusive of all metavariants which make creating a farm of them quite a hard task, maybe even impossible playing with the "default" shadowrun setting described in the books.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (18:05:51/09-20-16)
The 411, the down low, the info man.  Quit making me feel old.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (18:59:32/09-20-16)
It's probably more a case of "not the same cultural references due to you being on the wrong side of the Atlantic" than of an age issue ;)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (00:01:20/09-21-16)
When I say farm I mean cloning, I do not want to spoil the farm scene for you but it is not going to be a herd of happy pixies that are technically smarter than their handlers... Think of a lab with cages, kind of like chickens. Doing that awful thing to little pixies is considerably easier as they require less food and mature considerably faster than human. In just a few months, the farm handlers have a new adult pixie. They are technically not human by law, so trading/breeding them can only expose you to cruelty to animals but no serious offense.

For this game I assumed shorter life cycles and that they make attractive for vampires as the pixie bodies vanish when they die so you do not leave evidence behind if you eat these little delicious exotic animals...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Raiderjoseph on (00:28:15/09-21-16)
So what do I do now?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (00:29:58/09-21-16)
Maybe I spoke too fast.
Pixies could make some nice snacks. And, you wouldn't risk getting fat since the bodies disappear anyway. I'd have to try...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (00:48:48/09-21-16)
@Raiderjoseph finallize your character and write it to the casino.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (05:24:50/09-21-16)
Note that Nyx can only receive 4 dice from teamwork (to negotiation) as this is her skill level.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (06:03:29/09-21-16)
Too much success Kynos!
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (06:23:50/09-21-16)
I'm pretty sure this will be a lone occasion that Kynos reaches his social limit on a non-intimidation roll. In any case it probably won't make much difference.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (08:00:46/09-21-16)
Indeed an incredible role ;) Casa only got 4 successes with his 16 dice.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (08:56:36/09-21-16)
So my efforts were pointless I imagine.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Raiderjoseph on (08:59:31/09-21-16)
@Raiderjoseph finallize your character and write it to the casino.

What do I need to finalize?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (09:06:02/09-21-16)
Name, backstory contacts - do you have it all ready?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (09:10:16/09-21-16)
So my efforts were pointless I imagine.

The limit increase still applies
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (09:46:31/09-21-16)
question about teamwork tests.  Do you have to score successes to give the +1 limit?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (09:50:37/09-21-16)
AFAIK yes, but you don't have to be trained.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Raiderjoseph on (10:02:25/09-21-16)
-- Priorities --
Metatype B
Attributes B
Magic E
Skills E
Resources A

-- Karma Expenditure --
25 Starting Karma
-10 for Restricted Gear Superthyroid Gland
-10 for Protoype Transhuman
-5 for Biocompatibility: Bioware
+5 for Distinctive Style: BIG FRAGGING TROLL!!!
+10 for Tough and Targeted
+5 for Big Regret
+5 for Emotional Attachment
-10 for 20000 nuyen
-5 for Firearms Group 1
-5 for Athletics Group 1
-2 for Sneaking 1

Remaining
3
-- Attributes --
Body 8 (9)
Agility 4 (8)
Reaction 5 (6)
Strength 10 (14)
Willpower 3
Logic 2
Intuition 2
Charisma 2
Edge 1
Essence: 2.995

Initiative – 2d6+9
Physical Condition Monitor - 14
Stun Condition Monitor - 10
Overflow Boxes - 8
Physical Limit - 11
Mental Limit - 3
Social Limit - 3

-- Qualities --
Insomnia rating 1
Restricted Gear: Superthyroid
Prototype Transhuman
Biocompatibility
Emotional Attachment
Big Regret
Tough and Targeted
Distinctive Style: BIG FRAGGING TROLL!!!

-- Skills --
Unarmed Combat 6
Intimidation (Physical) 4 (6)
Thrown Weapons 1
Pilot Groundcraft 1
Heavy Weapons 1
Blades 1
Perception 1
Sneaking 1

-- Skill Groups --
Firearms 1
Athletics 1

-- Knowledge/Language Skills --
German N
English 3
Street:
Fixers 3
Academic:
Architecture 2

-- Augmentations/Magic/Adept Powers --
Titanium Bone Lacing
Muscle Augmentations 3
Muscle Toner 3
Synaptic Acceleration
Striking Calluses (fists)
Superthyroid Gland
Sleep Regulator
Datajack
Smartlink Eye Enhancement

-- Gear --
470000
-22500 for Titanium Bone Lacing used
-69750 for Muscle Augmentation rating 3 used
-72000 for Muscle Toner rating 3 used
-78000 for Synaptic Acceleration
-500 for Two Striking Calluses on the fists.
-140000 for Superthyroid Gland
-5000 for Low Lifestyle 1 month
-12000 for Harley Davidson Scorpion
-3000 for Armor Jacket with rating 4 chemical protection and rating 4 nonconductivity
-1000 for Datajack
-4000 for Smartlink Eye Enhancement
-450 for Defiance EX Shocker with 4 Tazer Darts
Acc: 4 Dmg: 9S(e) AP: -5 Mode: SS Ammo: 4m
-800 for 12 tazer darts
-3050 for Ares Predator V with Improved Range Finder and 15 rounds of regular ammo
Acc: 5 (7) Dmg: 8P AP: -1 Mode: SA Ammo: 15c
-305 for a spare clip for Ares V with 15 rounds of regular ammo
-645 for a spare clip for Ingram with 32 rounds of regular ammo
-645 for a spare clip for Ingram with 32 rounds of regular ammo
-3455 for Ingram Smartgun X with Improved Range Finder and Sling with 32 rounds of regular ammo
Acc: 4 (6) Dmg: 8P Mode: BF/FA RC: 2 Ammo: 32c
-5000 for Transys Avalon
-395 for Customized Ballistic Mask with Trodes and Image Link
-300 for Forearm Guards
-20 for Silver Credstick
-5 for Basic Credstick
-10000 for Fake SIN: Hans Gundervick rating 4
-800 for Firearm License rating 4
-800 for Bioware License rating 4
-800 for Cyberwear License rating 4
-25000 for Docwagon Gold Membership for 1 year
-750 for Medkit Rating 3
-1200 for two sets of Good clothes(Shirt,pants,shoes)
-100 for Large Dufflebag
-12000 for Sleep Regulator
-220 for Synthleather Jacket

Remaining Money -  + ()
420
-- Contacts –
Mr Mouse: Infobroker, Fixer
Loyalty: 2 Connection: 4

Backstory on the way
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:16:20/09-21-16)
Don't forget to put a name on him. Names are essential to keep protagonists alive (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0472.html)  ;D
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (10:23:53/09-21-16)
Prototype Transhuman require to pick a Neg quality to go with it, without the bonus karma : Wanted, Allergy (Common, Mild), Astral Beacon, or  Insomnia (10). Since you are not an awakened or Technomancer you don't really need it (nor Biocompatibility) to be honest.

EDIT : My bad must have missed it
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Raiderjoseph on (10:52:45/09-21-16)
Don't forget to put a name on him. Names are essential to keep protagonists alive (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0472.html)  ;D

God I love OOTS.

And his name is Passive. Also didn't I put Insomnia Rating 1 under qualities? Yes I did. Problem solved.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (12:43:03/09-21-16)
Well, write him to the Gates then.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (12:33:16/09-22-16)
I added the farm to the south of the city to the game map (first post of this thread).

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Raiderjoseph on (13:59:22/09-22-16)
Alright I am there. GM meddling...activate!
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:57:11/09-22-16)
By the way Jack, the smugglers are kept inside a container (the kind they have in harbors to ship goods in.)  There are multiple containers in its vicinity that are used to all sort of misc farm equipment.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:16:35/09-22-16)
Ah, so freight containers. That makes this easier - I was thinking containers the size of a freezer.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (15:19:35/09-22-16)
I got a suprise for them in the form of a recurring nightmare.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:33:10/09-23-16)
LOL  And here I thought that YOU were the recurring nightmare.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (01:40:07/09-23-16)
Haha.  Awwwww, you remembered my reign of terror!
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (02:38:53/09-23-16)
Athos certainly does, but Simone might have heard of it but not realize it was you.  Fleeting fame.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (02:47:52/09-23-16)
He doesn't have a Bad Rep for nothing.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (12:21:54/09-24-16)
Kynos speaks German? Is there anything that man can't do?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (12:41:58/09-24-16)
Actually, German is his mother's tongue - English is his first foreign language.

And he is really bad at underwater basket weaving  ;D (Also didn'T you know that elves are just better than everyone else? ;) )
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (12:50:00/09-24-16)
My brother took underwater basket weaving in high school by mistake.  He still got an A in it even though he never made a single basket...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (22:07:18/09-24-16)
Erm, if you want to speak German in the IC, could you do like Mercy and add the translation in spoilers?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (22:54:44/09-24-16)
I do find the use of the different languages neat, but also think the translation is needed to help the others know what was said.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:28:17/09-25-16)
Eh, I don't intend to use German in game anyway (that sentence meant basically the same as the one Kynos said before in English, so the translation is in the text)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (14:38:50/09-25-16)
So I check out the map of the pixie farm and it appears to be basically BFE a road and empty fields, do we have anything a bit more detailed?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:45:21/09-25-16)
You know there are soy fields in greenhouses and underground there is a complex that formally grows chickens. You can try and gather more information if you'd like but there is no more information right now.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (20:42:07/09-27-16)
Your assensing test would show this "The presence and location of bioware implants and betaware cyber implants. The exact Essence, Magic, and Force of the subject. The general cause of any astral signature (combat spell, alchemical combat spell, air spirit, and so on)." according to my assensing table, which is all readily available on my character sheet.  I'm not sure how intimate that is.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (20:46:18/09-27-16)
Very, to be honest.  The only thing your character sheet can't tell me is if he's sick or the general mood he's currently in.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Raiderjoseph on (14:31:05/09-29-16)
Gone till sunday. Thank Time Warner Cable for that.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (16:36:20/09-30-16)
Okay, I see you are starting to break to submissions so since I do not want to speed up the plot and leave people behind who is with who?


I got that Wheely and Maxwell went to do recon on the farm, stopping few kilometers away for discretion.

Kynos and Irris went to check the used cyber clinic. 

Raiderjoseph is away until Sunday, but what about the rest?

When do you expect Gem back in the container, what is the plan for her spend time with the BF and plant stealth tags on the smugglers?

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:48:01/09-30-16)
Ayato, Irris and Kynos are on Sewer Patrol
Wheely and Sovereign are scouting
Simone and Nyx wanted to pose as buyers if Gem can give them an in.

Gem should plant the bugs and then try to somehow tell her friend that she met someone who asked her to arrange a meeting about buying one of the things the guys are transporting into the sewers. Lot's of cash involved, no idea how that person knows about the operation, but has probably learned it from the vampires. Or some other nice story. Gem should have enough Con (Fast Talk) to think of something plausible.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (17:33:14/09-30-16)
Quick question: What is the noise around the farm? So I can adapt my dice roll.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (17:42:03/09-30-16)
I don't know much of a decker wheely is but if he wanted to check out city hall.  Irris can brute force  some things but I think we need stealth for now.  I dont like waiting for luck to hand us a delivery but perhaps we should consider holding off on that so that we have a quick way to take out the antennae.  Although I think Ayato can handle the rigger so that might not be a priority target.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (18:47:12/09-30-16)
I think Wheely should be able to check the city hall, I was only planning a quick recon from the Matrix anyway to get an idea of the layout. You will need to hint me IC though because right know Wheely has no idea what you are planning  ;D
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (19:58:45/09-30-16)
She said all that over comms the green is matrix for her and she said she relayed the information to the team directly before.  You should be as up to speed as everyone is.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (05:14:03/10-01-16)
@Mulcarn give me charisma + intimidation +4 for obvious magic + cool factor.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (05:21:23/10-01-16)
Charisma 5 -1 Default -2 Wounds +4 Obvious Magic = 6

Intimidation (http://orokos.com/roll/441589): 6d6t5 2
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (05:23:32/10-01-16)
Sovereign right now (http://www.colorkiddo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Peek-a-Boo-Halloween-by-Ghost-Coloring-Page.jpg)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (05:24:57/10-01-16)
3 charisma + 3 intimidation (part of the job) +2 out numbering you 2:1 = 8
Intimidation (http://orokos.com/roll/441590): 8d6t5 2

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (06:04:24/10-01-16)
That link doesn't go anywhere for me Kuirem.  Might be broken I'm not entirely certain.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (06:11:37/10-01-16)
@Wheely - the cars are manually driven and thus to hack them you will have to actually plug a universal cable to the car. Might be kind of tricky with people inside the cars. You can tell that the cars are clearly not slaved to the RCC. (but you are unsure what IS slaved to the RCC.)

If you still wish to try then:
Your first attempt to place two mark fails (and the RCC places a mark on your device, the second attempt for the third mark succeeds.
RCC defense (http://orokos.com/roll/441598): 2#7d6t5 2 2
so at the end of your exploit
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (06:15:49/10-01-16)
@Jack it might indeed be Strawberry - but you are not near the Joke RIP, but few kilometers to the south.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (06:51:52/10-01-16)
She could have moved her base after I torched her tree - time to get a flame thrower...  ;D
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (06:56:58/10-01-16)
Damn I misunderstood, well now that you have throw the defense it's a bit late to come back… Could I spot what it is controlling with a Matrix Perception or something else?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (06:59:54/10-01-16)
Feel free to cancel if you prefer, the RCC does not seem to be controlling anything - as much as you can tell.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (07:49:02/10-01-16)
Let's cancel then since there doesn't seems to have much point getting MARKs on this RCC. Let's just slap a MARK on each Smartgun so I can mess a bit with them as long as it's Wireless.

Hack on the Fly, one MARK. Target: Ork commlinks. (http://orokos.com/roll/441606) 4#18d6t5 6 6 6 6 (hit the limit with each)

Question : Can I Spoof Command on the Smartgun with a Mark on the commlink?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (09:13:15/10-01-16)
Resist hack on the fly (http://orokos.com/roll/441613): 4#10d6t5 5 5 2 3

You can consider the smartguns marked - are you operating silent? (or was it full dicepool - nice dicepool by the way.).
I'll have to read about sniff to see how it work I do not remember by heart.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (09:47:03/10-01-16)
I'm not silent (8 LOG + 6 Skill + 2 Spe + 2 Hot Sim) but my icon is hidden by Wrapper as a simple Commlink. Spoof require a mark on the owner so the question is if the commlink is considered the owner because (I think) it should have the persona of each ork on it to function wireless.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (10:44:16/10-01-16)
huh, I thought you meant they operated in the sewers near the farm.  I guess I misunderstood.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (13:55:04/10-01-16)
Holy cow.  I go to work for a day and come back to three pages of IC posts.  I hope I am not dragging anyone down.  I am trying to stay with Gem and Nyx if that works out.  Maybe I can pose as a bodyguard?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (14:01:27/10-01-16)
Some of you guys are on DS as well.  I cannot seem to log onto the site for some reason.  Is anyone else having issues there?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (14:13:35/10-01-16)
It's not loading at all for me.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:17:07/10-01-16)
Seems like the server is down.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (16:21:43/10-01-16)
What is DS?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (16:52:58/10-01-16)
Dumpshock.  It is another good site for Shadowrun PbP games.  It usually has a much better load rat than Shadowgrid.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (18:36:32/10-01-16)
Nice thanks, I will keep it around for when it works again and if I feel like doing more PbP. With the hope that it has better loading times than Shadowgrid.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (18:56:37/10-01-16)
LOL  It usually does.  This is the first time I have ever had problems  with it.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (17:59:57/10-02-16)
gilga can I get any data on the host with my Hack on the Fly or was its defense roll too high for that? If not I would like the rating of the host or, if it is too much, just its Firewall.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (23:18:26/10-02-16)
The DS situation is depressing, my poor Cynthia is in Limbo!
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (23:24:53/10-02-16)
I just realized that I might be making some assumptions about this game due to me newbness in 5th ed.  Comm links are like cellphones right?  They have little flashlight apps?  I've always played that way but I just realized that might not be a thing here.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:08:20/10-03-16)
No, Cynthia is in a Creole restaurant in the middle of a small community on the edge of Seattle.  It is not Limbo.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (00:18:24/10-03-16)
@Kuirem it scored 4 hits in the defense test - so no - but it is a R4 host.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (04:59:03/10-03-16)
I am alright about comlinks having some kind of lighting in there, so lets keep it just 1 roll.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (08:47:43/10-03-16)
Without Survival do we just roll will?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (08:50:56/10-03-16)
Willpower minus one.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (09:03:14/10-03-16)
Assuming base will + teamwork, I will go ahead and pre-edge as well
Survival + pre-edge (http://orokos.com/roll/442172): 6d6h5! 0 wonderful  I'll reroll misses with edge
edge reroll (http://orokos.com/roll/442173): 6d6t5 0  Well that's special

It doesn't change anything here, but you can't use more than one point of edge on a given action.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (10:23:40/10-03-16)
@gilga To be sure you mean Fort Lewis (taking the name from the map) not Luis right? Is the RCC located somewhere near the farm?

Also I got enough net hits on the test for some datas  :D Type of RCC/Rating (so I can recognize/describe it in meatspace and have a rough idea how powerful it is) and Programs/Softs running on it?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (10:36:03/10-03-16)
yes i am from phone sorry for typo. It is the 66k RCC dont remember the name. and resist matrix perception two more times to get to entrance and two more times for buissness operation. Good luck.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (11:21:48/10-03-16)
Damn four more? If I get through this without detection all the team is gotta owe me homemade cookies

Matrix Perception Defense vs Eggs' Patrol IC (http://orokos.com/roll/442200) 4#16d6t5 2 4 6 9
Let's Edge that first roll (I hope we will get one Edge back tonight or it will be tricky for the field trip!)
Second chance on Matrix Perception Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/442201) 14d6t5 7

Final roll : 9 4 6 9

It's the same RCC that I have then, Vulcan Liegelord. Any programs running on it?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (13:48:46/10-03-16)
I'll have to figure these out, I assume signal scrub, something for firewall and some autosofts. 
Matrix perception (http://orokos.com/roll/442222): 4#8d6t5 1 4 2 2 We have a tie on the second, but defender wins on ties - so your persona stays hidden.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (15:06:31/10-03-16)
So, what time is it for Nyx and Simone? 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (15:25:49/10-03-16)
Damn I didn't need to use that Edge  :'(. Well better safe than sorry
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (15:33:51/10-03-16)
@Wheely - You will need hack on the fly to place a mark on the server and then edit file to edit/alter the file. (if you know how to, you may also check for data bombs).

@Jack there is nobody physically in the lab as you might have guessed by its unpleasant location. What you are expected to see is a drone that acts like a surgeon that is remotely operated. At the waiting room there are no sensors at all - perhaps to keep confidentiality of the people that come to the clinc. The hologram triggered by a small proximity sensor and is completely non interactive.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:40:11/10-03-16)
Seems like we have to disrobe than. At some point there must be a way to communicate - and if its only by sending a message to the icon of the drone (I'll amend my post accordingly)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (15:42:32/10-03-16)
The server count as what, Devices, File or Hosts?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (15:52:50/10-03-16)
Ah! Do I need a Crack File to open it? Because if so no point going further, I don't have an Attack Attribute.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (16:28:45/10-03-16)
Well you can always use edge to ignore a limit (like not having attack (if you have any left))

There is a chance that the file is protected but you will not know that before you mark the data server.
The actions are:
1. Mark.
2. browse the files to select what file to target.
3. If there is a data bomb disarm it (or take some nasty damage) (need firewall)
4. If there are protections  crack the file (need attack)
5. Edit the file to copy it to your own device.

so whether or not you need an attack depends on the file, the information can indeed help you.


@Kynos You will get a reply after about 20-30 minutes. You guys need to decide if you are patient enough to wait, or you go into decontamination or leave. (of course your characters do not know that there will be an answer). The time that pass is how long it take before a human goes in and check on you. I'll leave that to you to decide.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (16:49:38/10-03-16)
Hack on the fly, one MARK. Target: Server Orders and shipments (http://orokos.com/roll/442263) 14d6t5 2

I'm too short on Edge to use it here, tell me if it fails I will just try to get out.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (20:29:52/10-03-16)
I think my question was missed in the slog of posts.  What time is it for Nyx and Simone?  Gem has to be at the farm by 1700, right?  I am just looking to see what sort of time crunch we might be on.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (23:54:17/10-03-16)
@Mercy the meet was at 12:00 so around 13:00 - 13:30 17:00 ish, nobody expects her to be punctual (she plays a drug addict dealer) but she thinks it is a good time as the smugglers will leave at dusk to do their thing and these that will not leave will happily slot themselves, so she has control over the time they are out. If she arrives at 19:00 someone might surprise them by returning from job. So all in all,  Gem feels that 17:00 is the most manageable hour. You need about an hour to get to the farm.

@Kuirem lady luck shines on you and you have a mark.
Resist hack on the fly (http://orokos.com/roll/442420): 7d6t5 0
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (01:40:15/10-04-16)
Only skillz cough cough. So what's to browse on dat server?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (03:02:43/10-04-16)
Making you an IC now.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (07:34:09/10-04-16)
@Kuirem - note that although you raised the alarm you yourself are undetected as you run silently.  Your options are either directly jack out and suffer nasty physical biofeedback. Or, because your situation is not that bad the IC has not yet spotted you.  Use two actions one to switch to AR and the other to jack out. 

(or of course do anything else you'd like to do).

at any case give me 4 matrix perception tests and initiative, the IC's will use matrix perception to try to find you. Tar Baby can link lock you and Sparky is doing nasty biofeedback damage. (Lucky for you they have not found you yet).
Initiative (Tar Baby IC, Sparky IC) (http://orokos.com/roll/442463): 2#10+4d6 25 23

Phase 1:
Matrix perception (http://orokos.com/roll/442466): 2#8d6t5 3 3
25: Baby Matrix perception: (3 hits)
23: Sparky Matrix perception: (3 hits)
XX: Wheely ??
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (07:54:35/10-04-16)
Let's go!

Matrix Initiative (Hot) (http://orokos.com/roll/442469) 4d6 19

Total initiative : 29

Resist Matrix Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/442470) 4#16d6t5 3 3 7 3
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (08:16:58/10-04-16)
So basically you get out safely, you go first in the first phase and switch to AR.
Matrix perception (http://orokos.com/roll/442472): 2#8d6t5 5 2
You are not discovered also in the second phase where you jack out.
They know that something happened but they saw nothing unusual other than a databomb exploding.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (03:47:11/10-05-16)
@everyone This little run in the Matrix just reminded me that Wheely probably won't be able to extract the map from the city hall. It's likely to be a file with protection which he can't handle. If we have someone with enough Impersonation and/or Con maybe they can bullshit their way through the city hall to get the map.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (03:59:27/10-05-16)
I may know someone who could ^^
You'd have to ask IC though.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (04:44:00/10-05-16)
@Imladir Yup it was planned  ;)

@Mulcarn I wait for gilga informations on the file but I'm not sure it is crypted given that it was a file not protected and likely to be modified by non-hacker. I'm not even sure what the roll is for decrypt but Wheely might be able to do it himself.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (05:06:44/10-05-16)
Data is not decripted (I was waiting for you to examine it or something but I'll shoot you an IC describing it this evening (8 or so hours) ).
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (05:17:28/10-05-16)
Ok, I just needed to be sure if it was crypted. I assume that decrypt will be a Crack File or some similar roll so looks like we will go with Sovereign proposal or maybe I can borrow Irris' deck.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (07:44:44/10-05-16)
oh sorry I meant that the data is not encrypted. you can read it. I will make an IC at night. I do not mind to RP the other option If you prefer not to edit. sorry for confusion.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (07:46:08/10-05-16)
I didn't quite follow Wheely's activity, so question: what time is it when we get his message regarding the city hall?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (08:05:08/10-05-16)
@gilga Since we've already engaged on the path of crypted data might as well stick on it, unless someone would rather do it the easy way! I don't mind either personally.

@Imladir The Gates is ~50km away from the farm so I think we could count a good hour to get there in car (or less depending on the speed limitation). Matrix and Astral are fast though, I don't think I stayed more than a couple of minutes in there. So I would estimate you receive the message ~80 minutes after we got out of the casino.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (17:54:32/10-05-16)
Woops I'm sorry.  The way it was described made me think it was encrypted.  I accidently made this harder.  Oh well, it's fun to watch hackers and deckers work.  I'll have an IC post up later today or tonight.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (18:19:49/10-05-16)
np I read it that way too. Think it will just end up with me using Irris' Cyberdeck if she is the sharing type  ::)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (21:12:45/10-05-16)
At 17:00 Sovereign will crash from the Cram wearing off and lose his Unbound Spirit to the setting sun.  And yeah let's hope she is.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (18:49:47/10-06-16)
Sorry if I'm a bit slow by the way, I have to finish the redaction of my thesis and let's just say I'm not really ahead of schedule :o
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (16:29:55/10-08-16)
Okay - who is still with us?

It seems that RaiderJ bamfed, what about the rest? Is anyone waiting on me?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:35:30/10-08-16)
I'm mainly waiting for my two companions to respond. A quick update from the others would be nice too - as far as I understand, we have found a more convenient place for our ambush/proof collection action, correct?

In that case we wouldn't need the hazmat suits.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (16:37:40/10-08-16)
More waiting on Simone on my side (I have a post earlier where Noëmie went to her van, it was to go to the city hall so it doesn't really matter now though).
I'm finishing writing my ****  ***** of **** thesis though (almost done, just a few more pages...) so Simone can take her time, I don't mind.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (16:49:18/10-08-16)
Waiting for Mulcarn myself, I expect he has some stuff IC to do with the Brain Eaters.

Isn't RaiderJ supposed to be back Sunday?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (16:51:48/10-08-16)
@Imladir Well I kind of gave Mercy a challenge because I thought he was waiting on you. I'll shoot you an IC shortly after where Nyx arrives and probably catches the mysterious 'waitress' in the van talking to Simone while Nyx was changing  her clothes.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (20:03:16/10-08-16)
I've just finished my manuscript (all 206 pages of it), so now I'm ready when you are!
Except I may have to read back a bit, I may have missed a bunch of stuff...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (20:42:40/10-08-16)
Sorry about that.  I would have made an IC post sooner but I expected they wanted their Erika MCD back first.  I'll have a post up later tonight.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (20:52:56/10-08-16)
So we were waiting each other? Classic deadlock. Even if it took me ~3 seconds to crack the file with the time it took me to sit down, connect my datajack and all that you probably have a good minute of talking  ;)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (02:59:54/10-10-16)
@gilga Is Jack dodging question on purpose or did you miss that I asked him : " I am a bit short of nuyen right now but when the next paycheck come, assuming it's big enough, do you think you could provide me a deck?"

Sorry if it's I who missed the answer  :P
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (03:04:00/10-10-16)
Nope, I missed the question. Jack can get you the Erika off the shelf - and can get you more advanced decks within the availability limitations. You can treat the 'Brain Eaters' as one of Maxwell's contacts. I'll let you use them as contacts once you actually do business with them.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (03:20:16/10-10-16)
Nice thanks. Let's hope that farm job pay well enough, assuming Wheely survives ::)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (16:44:19/10-10-16)
I'm still around Stuttr got ambushed by his friends for his b-day so hes been busy but I told him id let him know if anything important happens.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: BigSexy on (03:14:52/10-11-16)
Xander

[spoiler]
Meta
Attributes [4] 24      
Magic [3] Aspected Conjurer, MR 5, Conjuring SG 4, Psionic Tradition      
Skills [3] 35\5      
Nuyen
      
BOD 3      Initiative: 11+1d6
AGI 5      PhyMon 10
REA 5      StunMon 11
STR 2      M-Limit 5
WIL 5      P-Limit 4
LOG 2      S-Limit 7
INT 6      
CHA 4      
MR 6      
EDG 2      
ESS 6      
      
      
Qualities      
Adrenaline Surge {-12}      
Hawk Eye {-3}      
Impassive {+7}      
Latest and Greatest {+5}      
Phobia [Uncommon\Mild] Arachnids especially Arachnid Spirits {+5}      
Quick Healer (-3 Karma)      
Spirit Affinity: Task Spirits {-7}      
Uneducated (+8)      
      
Skills         
Arcana 1 {-2 Karma} DP3      
Asenssing 5 DP9      
Con\Fast Talk 6\+2 DP10(12)      
Conjurings SG 6      
Etiquette\Street 1\+2 DP5(7)      
Firearm SG 3 DP 8      
Intimidation 1 (-2 Karma)      
Negotiations\Bargaining 6\+2 DP10(12)      
Perception\Visual 6\+2 DP11(13)      
Pilot Groundcraft\Wheeeled  1\+2 DP 6\8 (-9 karma)      
Survival\Urban 6\+2 DP11(13)      
      
Knowledge      
Academic:Magic Theory(Psionics) 1(+2) DP3(5)      
Language: English Native      
Language: Spanish (Atzlan Dialect) 3(+2) DP       
Small Unit Tactics(Ambush) 1(+2) DP4(6)      
Street: <Campaign City>(<sub-area>) 4(+2) DP9(11)      
Street: Shadow Community(Safehouses) 4(+2) DP9(11)      
      
Contacts (-2 Karma)      
Tara Underwood, Sales Manager for TalisPoint, C 3 L 4      
Enigma, Fixer C 5 L 2      
      
Gear (6000start + Ikarma to Nuyen 20000) =26000 (-10 Karma)      
      
Fake SIN[4] w/attached Conjurer, Firearm, Concealed Carry[4]  -12400      
>(appropiate country) Daniel Dunglas Homes      
Silver Credstick and Standard Credstick -25      
Low Lifestyle (dangerous area): 1 month -1600      
MCT Blue Defender Device Rating 3, DataProcessing 1 Firewall 5 -2000      
Microtransceiver -100      
Ultimax 70 w\3 extra clips and 60 rounds Stick and Shock ammo -1280      
Cheap Suit -200      
Argentum Coat w\non-conductivity [5], Shockweave, and Laser-mic, Elechtrochromatic Mod  -6050      
Good Backpack with MedKit 6 -1600      
10* Plastic Restraints -5      
Electronics tool Kit -500      
Crowbar      
Remaining nuyen: 235 + 3d6*60(avg 660)= 895 on the regular credstick.      
      
Alejandro “Xander” Johnson was named for a runner companion of his father.       
When Xander was 9 his father geeked the wrong mage. The mage had some very powerful friends.      
Xander witnessed the assassination of his father at the hands of a True Form Anansi and      
ever since Xander has a repulsion to arachnids. Xander fled with only the ring his father had made      
him and the clothes on his back. It was this event that awakened his powers. He managed to survive       
the streets. He started using his powers more and more and started allowing the possessing entity       
to do whatever doing- so much so, that things most street rats learn out of hand, like sneaking and       
palming, is almost impossible to do unaided. Xander could never figure out why unlike the few other       
Conjurers he knew, his entities could possess him but not materialize. Finally, someone in passing      
mentioned an interview they saw on the trid show. Xander started faithfully following the Matrix      
commentator Pierre Dubois- and most of his knowledge on magic are based on Dubois. Xander is      
convinced that the entities that possess him aren’t entities at all but different parts of his subconscious       
such as the ID or Super Ego. He’s savvy enough not to make fun of other mages and their beliefs      
even if all that mumbo jumbo is drek. Xander would like to track down his father’s killer but he knows      
he isn’t strong enough yet. So while he plans on revenge it isn’t the driving force in his life right now.      
Survive and get strong, make allies… and, someday.      
Xander used to own a Kabuyara but it got stolen recently from,from all places, in front of a      
KE substation- seriously, if you can’t park in front of the police, what is  this world coming to?      
To add insult to injury, the credstick with the rent went with the bike so he’s took a loan from      
the mob to make ends meet this month. The two guys behind the ‘loan officer’ didn’t look like      
the forgiving type so it’s time to do another ‘run’, quick.      
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: BigSexy on (03:35:27/10-11-16)
What dice roller do you guys use btw...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (05:06:54/10-11-16)
I thought there was a new name in the place! Welcome!

We use orokos (http://orokos.com/) for dice rolls.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: BigSexy on (14:32:26/10-11-16)
I've been trying for the last hour to reply in character...

None of the buttons- bold, change colors, italics etc, work.
Anybody know what gives?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:35:04/10-11-16)
Which browser are you using? Have you tried Chrome?

Also: Welcome to the game.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: BigSexy on (14:45:09/10-11-16)
Got up and been trying to post for over an hour and can't get any of the control buttons (color, bold, italics etc) to work,
And then duh, it hit me, enter the codes in manually, you big dummy.
:P
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (21:17:04/10-11-16)
You cant have in debt quality and convert karma to nuyen too
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (21:51:11/10-11-16)
Sorry been a bit preoccupied, I should be able to post a bit more often now.  Birthday weekend all my friends needed some attention.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: BigSexy on (23:20:26/10-11-16)
You cant have in debt quality and convert karma to nuyen too
You are most assuredly correct...

Posted new iteration of Xander.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (12:05:56/10-12-16)
Just to be clear, there is no delivery time - just date.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (12:43:06/10-12-16)
Oh ok, you mentioned that the first delivery was this evening so I though there was a time. Guess it wasn't that precise.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:49:18/10-13-16)
@Mulcarn

Was that an intentional misinformation? As far as the rules are concerned, astral entities can pass through solid matter as long as it's not dual natured (that's why some corps developed awakened plants that can be used to isolate walls against astral intrusion.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (04:38:16/10-13-16)
@Jack_Spade page 314 of the CRB : "The Earth is solid on the astral plane, just as it is in the physical world; astral forms cannot pass through it. Secure facilities are often built underground to keep out astral intruders."

However I think that if you can find the entrance of the bunker no reason you can't access it through there.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:42:04/10-13-16)
Yeah, the earth, but not the concrete slab that is ceiling and floor  ;D
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (09:44:24/10-13-16)
It was never explicitly sated how far down you'd have to be before astral forms couldn't reach you.  Nor does it state what constitutes as earth in the CRB or SG.  Outside of what Kuirem posted above.  Gilga has already made an IC reference in game about how facilities built deep underground are hard to access by astral entities. (remember the basement to the casino)  It wasn't really meant to be misinformation, intentional or not.  More like an explanation as to why that tactic couldn't/didn't work.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (09:50:20/10-13-16)
I see, still, passing unseen on the astral through doors and corridors should be no problem (also this raises the question what earth elementals do if they can't get into the earth ;D

Or, come to think of it, how certain fire elementals could possess a whole plot of ground)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (10:08:34/10-13-16)
I know it's possible for spirits to physically be underground.  I just think they need a physical body to do so first (Materialization, Possession or Inhabitation) and they can't do it via the astral plane.  Else the whole point of Insect Spirits building their nests deep underground would be impossible because they can't literally do something like that... I don't know.  I wouldn't mind being wrong on this if anyone else has a better answer.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:11:07/10-13-16)
Didn't Grail visit you and had a bunch of spirits manifest alongside him while you were underground?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (10:15:17/10-13-16)
The facility has multiple floors and we were either on the top floor or close to it.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:23:45/10-13-16)
Oh, I thought Sovereign's GF would keep away from windows  ;)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (11:20:08/10-13-16)
No windows as far as I know.   :D
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: BigSexy on (19:37:32/10-13-16)
I will attempt to assense Zen to determine her Force level.
Want to try and gauge what 'more powerful than me' might entail.


Assensing Zen (http://orokos.com/roll/445236): 9d6h5 4

editJust realized I should have used 9d6t5 instead of 9d6h5. But in any event the rerolls it did where not hits, so it's still 4. If you want me to use an edge anyway because I used 'h', no problem-let me know.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (20:45:14/10-13-16)
Zen is an F5 spirit of plant. (or nature).
no need to use edge, keep it when it matters to you.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (06:57:33/10-14-16)
I'll need to know your positions roughly to decide if you can intercept the shipment or not.

The one that is most crucial is Wheely as he has the most noise compensation, due to the conditions, underground and so forth there is limit to the range where you are going to sense the stealth chips. So decide on location and tell me how much noise you can mitigate.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:02:58/10-14-16)
Kynos can compensate 6 points of noise (R6 commlink + Datajack)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: BigSexy on (07:08:49/10-14-16)
Since Zen indicated that the fire spirit was doing something magical within the Hand of God, I am going to try assensing to pick up it's astral signature.

Assensing Hand of God for Fire Spirits Astral Sig. (http://orokos.com/roll/445412): 9d6t5 2
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (07:09:55/10-14-16)
Up to 9 Noise Reduction and RCC is rating 5.

What do you mean by location?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (07:53:26/10-14-16)
You can either try to be close to the farm where you are likely to pick the signal or you can try to be close to the drop point - where you may not pick the signal initially but should pick it as they approach the drop.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (08:38:05/10-14-16)
How do you determine noise reduction?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (08:44:09/10-14-16)
on the top of my head, RCC has noise reduction, signal scrub program -2, DNI has -1. 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (09:17:52/10-14-16)
Would it be possible to follow the signal from the surface or we need to be in the sewer to get it?

Also I'm starting to have trouble to understand the plan, we wait for the smuggler to drop their package and plant a camera there to film the vamps retrieving it?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:11:16/10-14-16)
Now I am a bit confused.  We seem to have skipped ahead from me asking about the shotgun.  Gem left to go talk to her contact but left me and Nyx in the van?  Are we to wait here for her to come out and get us or what?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (11:30:45/10-14-16)
Redundancy:

We want to film the courier picking up the credstick and leaving the pixie. Once he has done that, we apprehend him, verify that there is money on the stick and get the confession from him that he was just selling a pixie for the farm.

The Vamps (hopefully) don't come into play - not that it would be bad to shoot some, but it increases the risk that the courier is injured or killed before he can confess - or worse escapes.

Since we know the drop point it's probably easier to wait there for the courier since it's easier to hide stationary then to follow with three people after one person inside sewer tunnels.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (11:37:49/10-14-16)
this what I thought was your plan but with Nyx so charismatic that you can try to do so Independently. Gem planted the stealth chips on the smugglers and will take a while before she can sweet talk her contact into introducing you. I am good with both interpertations.


and Jack they go in groups of three for safety. Maxwell encountered them previously.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (11:45:08/10-14-16)
Good thing we are three too, two can die, the third is the lucky one who is allowed to talk.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (12:33:57/10-14-16)
So might as well wait near the drop point (but far enough not to be spotted ofc) with our muscle so I can track their movement with the chips. Unless I can do it from the ground level so I don't have to walk in the sewers.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (16:15:48/10-14-16)
@Kuriem they make 7 noise due to concrete and white noise, the state of the matrix adds 3 more noise.
So baiscally you'll take 1 noise + distance you can still perceive them as long as total noise does not exceed your device rating.
This means that you'll be able to get to: 10km from the smugglers in order to reliably see them them.

(You'll take a dice pool negative of between -1 to -4 according to their actual distance from you).

The rest of you can probably not sense the stealth chips unless you are in the sewers yourself.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (16:51:14/10-14-16)
Nice so I can start from the farm and follow them all the way from above.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (21:02:13/10-14-16)
What is the mechanism by which one determines noise  reduction...is there a formula?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (23:32:38/10-14-16)
There are cyberware that reduce noise (datajack, antenna)
there are also programs that reduce noise (signal scrub)
an hardware modification that reduce noise ( Vectored signal filter)

ofc, signal from underground will easier to get.


There is also a complex action to mitigate noise on the fly (electronic warefare + logic ) that I think requires an RCC.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (01:45:20/10-15-16)
What does the device rating have to do with it?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (01:55:03/10-15-16)
Devices only work as long as the overall noise is lower than their rating. So a burner is not going to be able to make a call out of the sewers but a high end link might.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (01:58:14/10-15-16)
Yeah-yeah, Trasys Avalon is on my to-buy list.  It's right next to my F3 Power Focus.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (02:40:08/10-15-16)
The noise reduction action can be made with all devices, not just RCC

I got my Transsys the old fashioned way: I killed a guy, took his phone, knives and his job  ;D
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (02:49:52/10-15-16)
If I had killed that guy on the first mission I wouldn't be so broke.  That's what I get for being nice.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (04:24:31/10-15-16)
Sure about that Jack_Spade?

Quote from: CRB 268
If you’re using an RCC, you can compensate for noise on the fly.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:54:25/10-15-16)
Yupp, asked that one specifically from the dev.

p.30 R5
"All of the following actions are Matrix actions. Yes, you can use them if you’re not a rigger."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (08:01:09/10-15-16)
@BigSexy
A character can attempt to read an astral signature
with an Assensing + Magic [Astral] 3 Test. So you do not identify any astral signature, you do however know that a signature may be present there due to the story of the spirit, you just do not observe it.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (10:24:36/10-16-16)
Irris, Kynos Ayato - are you going to clear a manhole, or back track. I am waiting for your decision. No rush, just so we're not on a deadlock.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:39:47/10-16-16)
Could you describe how much junk we'd have to remove? Could we use the car and a tow rope to clear it quickly?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (10:56:24/10-16-16)
I assume that there is no technical difficulty in clearing it, perhaps half a hour of hard work. I imagine it like people placing things like old refrigirators, or other heavy appliances that nobody needs now as well as construction waste on these manholes to prevent anyone from opening them from within.  Basically the zombies clearly come from the sewers and this is why the people that still live there are locking them down. (Kynos should know that I think) so while uncovering the manhole is the shortest way inside, it is not going to make you very popular in that hood.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (19:49:01/10-16-16)
Hey!  You guys found the smugglers Sovereign torched.  Good work!
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (19:56:50/10-16-16)
@Bigs - Psionics can't summon Guardian Spirits.  If you want a combat spirit for your tradition then it'll be a Fire Spirit.  But just about any spirit will help in fights honestly.  It just boils down to preference.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (20:11:45/10-16-16)
Your character description seems to indicate it's a possession tradition as well, did you decide against that?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (08:14:46/10-17-16)
@BigSexy Just thought I would mention that while your personalities ("spirits" as the superstitious call them) can't materialize you can still send them to recon in the Astral for you, looking for astral forms for example.

The Guidance spirit also have access to Divining which could help in your research. Also the Search power, assuming you can find a picture of your target.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (22:10:30/10-17-16)
Huh I think I may have underestimate the possesion traditions then.  I thought they had to possess, but they only swap out possession with materialization?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (22:11:37/10-17-16)
Yep.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (22:20:14/10-17-16)
Okay so then how would this work.  as a possession tradition I have a spirit possess me and I have a weapon focus.  If I astrally project that comes with me to the astral right?  Can my body still use it?

Oh and can a spirit use the body's always on  Adept powers?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (22:26:31/10-17-16)
If the spirit possesses you, he controls what you do. What you want requires an initiation to get the Channeling power (SG, p148). The spirit cannot use your powers/skills when possessing you, only what he, himself, bring to the table, except that (if I remember right), his physical stats become yours + his Force / 2.
In any case, the spirit is an astral being, so even when possessing something or someone, it is present in the astral (with the dual nature in that particular case).
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (22:39:39/10-17-16)
You can't astral project while being possessed?  What about VR?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (22:46:41/10-17-16)
When possessed, you don't control anything. The spirit is in control, you're just a passenger along for the ride. So basically, you don't do anything but feel, and give mental orders to your spirit.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (23:31:44/10-17-16)
So Kynos, Irris and Ayato are you cutting the metal gate ? or not. Last time I read kynos suggesting it and I did not read any approval or disapproval.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (23:57:12/10-17-16)
He said to speak up if we had any lock picking skills and I don't.  Sorry if I assumed he was on it.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (02:38:13/10-18-16)
That's not...
That's not how this works. I can't know if you have even read my post without a post from you.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (03:02:59/10-18-16)
Sovereign we need a mindlink over here.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (08:30:27/10-18-16)
 :-[ sorry
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (08:55:48/10-18-16)
Maybe later Clifford.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (16:03:25/10-18-16)
@gilga for Kynos upgrade I could see an Artisan test or maybe a Locksmith one with the hits used as the threshold for a perception test.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (16:59:38/10-18-16)
Okay, I like it lets go for Artisan or locksmith (whatever you prefer).
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (17:31:17/10-18-16)
Ok: Untrained Locksmith
Locksmith (http://orokos.com/roll/446946): 6d6t5 2
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (23:11:14/10-18-16)
Uh question.  Ayato and I have Urban sneaking would we use sneak at -2 from the base skill or with the bonus from the specialization since this is urban.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (23:51:26/10-18-16)
Sneaking would allow you to tail them from a distance, and perhaps sneak up to someone to land a blow, (and then you are detected).  You cannot wait in a pipe and be unnoticed.  Think covering yourself with sludge and standing close to the wall, playing dead and so forth.

But I honestly see no tactical need for all of you to be in the same place, I think it just hinder you. (I am not such a great tactician though). I think it is perfectly fine that one of you is actually in the drop point and record the transaction and the others are not long behind in case your smugglers decide to escape.  Staying out of sight in a distance, after a junction and then carefully tailing the smugglers as they pass you is something you can do with sneaking. Waiting for them in ambush stationary disguised as part of the environment is disguise.

If you are okay with that interpertation I'll assume that Kynos is at the drop sight hidden behind some trash, and Ayato and Irris of you are going to close in on them as they approach the sight?  Please clearify so I can continue and resolve the scene.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (00:05:39/10-19-16)
I think we are find, unless the hall is teeny tiny or something.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (03:35:38/10-19-16)
In case it's a Forgery and no one has better dice I will roll already.

Forgery Business Card (http://orokos.com/roll/447123) 7d6t5 1

Well that's one crappy result, can I use Trying Again (page 49, CRB)?

Forgery Business Card Second Try (http://orokos.com/roll/447126) 5d6t5 2

Slighly better let's hope they don't look too close at it though.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (14:27:45/10-19-16)
I never got an answer to either of my questions.  First I asked if I could use sneak -2 using the urban stealth specialization or just base and two I said i would hide unless the room was tiny at which point I would sneak again.  Both my and ayatos rolls were for disguise.  I think stuttr was waiting on your response to post anything different but Ill let him speak for himself.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:41:57/10-19-16)
no sneaking at -2, and it is not a room a narow corridor to be exact.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (15:19:11/10-19-16)
How long is it from the gate to the ladder?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (15:52:53/10-19-16)
about six meters.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (17:12:04/10-19-16)
Then I would suggest 1close to the gate, 1 in the middle probably me and 1 near the ladder which kynos seems to have grabbed.  Hiding not sneaking.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (23:16:59/10-19-16)
Stun Recovery (http://orokos.com/roll/447357): 12d6t5 3

Stun Recovery (http://orokos.com/roll/447358): 12d6t5 5

Stun Recovery (http://orokos.com/roll/447360): 12d6t5 4

3 hours later and the Stun was healed.  I'll have a post up soonish of Sovereign waking up.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (02:25:24/10-20-16)
Is anyone hiding high on the ladder?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (08:04:47/10-20-16)
I doubt it.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (14:20:34/10-22-16)
@gilga I'm not sure we've mentioned that but for the prisoners are we supposed to contact Casa to keep them in the jail under the Gates or do we have an other contact for that (Gem?)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:33:04/10-22-16)
@I'd assume that Casa, Gem is a runner like you.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (17:31:25/10-22-16)
@Kynos, Ayato, Irris The rats will do no serious damage but there are so many of them and you need to roll composure (3) test to keep your cool. You can do a composure test each initiative phase and can only participate in the combat if you pass it.

I mean focusing on the greater threat with a swarm of rats throwing themselves at you is kind of difficult emotionally. 


The burned corpses are actually going to fight you, and this is their initiative:
Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/448430): 3#12+2d6 20 21 18
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (01:38:52/10-23-16)
Composure (3)  Wow a moderate phobia only requires a (2).  Quick question, with Narco and Cram do I get 2 extra dice for initiative or just 1d6+1

[spoiler]Composure (3) (http://orokos.com/roll/448542): 6d6t5 2  If only I was afraid of rats instead of, whatever this is. =P
initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/448543): 3d6+8 17 or 13 if it's just +1, but I won't be acting this pass anyway I guess.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (01:46:33/10-23-16)
Well you can still act on that round, try to dash for the ladder for example, or back to the (still open) metal gate. Or otherwise trying to take the rats off, the composure is to simply ignore them and act as if they are not there. That Irris cannot do.

I'll roll unarmed for the corpse: (recall that you can do full defense as well).
Attack Irris (http://orokos.com/roll/448545): 13d6t5 6
If it hits then damage is 9P + net hits.

Basically the corpses will go after the three of you, one on each.
Attack Kynos,Ayato (http://orokos.com/roll/448546): 2#13d6t5 3 2

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (02:00:44/10-23-16)
did that come off as snarky?  I'm sorry if it did I have a bad habit of being sarcastic, please don't take anything personal it's all meant in fun.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (02:05:15/10-23-16)
It's too late, the dice have spoken, you shall repent!

(PS: good luck ^^)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (02:27:25/10-23-16)
Composure (3) (http://orokos.com/roll/448549): 8d6t5 1
edge reroll (http://orokos.com/roll/448550): 7d6t5 2
initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/448551): 4d6+10 20 bleh

What's the BGC in here?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (02:30:42/10-23-16)
It's okay, the funny thing is the contrast between Simone that is enjoying herself and you guys that are fighting the walking dead.
I think that the Narco just adds to the attribute boosting from drugs - so Cram will instead of +1 reaction will now be +2 reaction, but I am not 100% sure.


BGC of 2 (anywhere in the barrens), 1 in the rest of the city.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (02:34:56/10-23-16)
Narco increases any attributes that are increased by +1 so I would think the initiative is at  least +1, I didn't really think it would give me a whole extra die but I can dream can't I?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (05:06:31/10-23-16)
Composure (http://orokos.com/roll/448597): 9d6t5 5

Full Body Armor, and No Fear: Kynos can ignore the rats while shooting at the undead

In case he reaches me in melee: Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/448598): 15d6t5 7

Ini is in IP 22
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (05:50:05/10-23-16)
As the distances are close due to the nature of the environment I assume melee range tough you will not take the in melee penalty before you are actually attacked:

order is:
1. Kynos 22 - shoots undead 1 - 2 hits full auto:
2. Undead 1: 21 - Attack Irris (6 hits) if hits 9P + net hits damage (note that the armor will likely convert it to stun).
3. Ayato: 20 -
4. Undead 2: 20 - Attack Kynos 3 hits - will miss.
5. Undead 3: 18 - Attack Ayato 2 hits - (will miss?)
6. Irris - 13 - (must resolve rat situation before she can fend for herself).

The 3 smugglers since you disarmed them are not going to participate, either they are paralyzed with fear by the swarm of rats biting them or they are already vast asleep. Whatever seems to fit more with your timeline as I kind of intercepted you in the way to the car.

The undead roll 12 dice to dodge, but use full defense to add 6 more dice if attacked, so they are going to be a bit tricky to hit (18 dice to dodge). Feel free to roll for them if you want to resolve quicker.

 Oh and for damage, they get 9 dice to resist damage with body and they wear no armor.  (12 physical track, 11 stun).

Resolution:
1. Kynos shoots undead 1 with full auto burst and misses.
Undead 1 goes full defense +6 to defense dodge kynos -5 + full defense (http://orokos.com/roll/448603): 13d6t5 3

2. Undead 1 attacks Irris with 6 hits - ...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (06:09:34/10-23-16)
Can Wheely send his Doberman into the sewer to help or is he too far?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (06:41:52/10-23-16)
Not to interfere with this combat, and I would not allow a doberman to walk the sewers it is kind of a car with guns the way I visualize it. (I'd allow a walker or the goldfish).
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (07:09:09/10-23-16)
Gecko Tips help a lot. Even if I could the combat would probably be over before it can get there anyway  ;D
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:19:07/10-23-16)
Action at Ini 12

Aim (Reset Recoil)
Free Action: Called Shot Vitals
Simple action: Full Auto Burst
-3 for shooting into melee -4 for called shot:

Shoot (Called Shot Vitals, Full auto) (http://orokos.com/roll/448619): 11d6t5 6 [11d6t5=6, 3, 6, 3, 3, 6, 1, 5, 5, 2, 6]

DV 13 P AP 2 + Net successes, Dodge -8 (-5 Burst -3 Defender in melee)
Undead Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/448620): 10d6t5 1[10d6t5=2, 4, 3, 2, 4, 1, 3, 4, 5, 3]

DV 18 AP 2

Don't know how much armor and Body that particular undead has, but this should hurt them.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (08:06:15/10-23-16)
They get 9 dice to resist damage with body and they wear no armor.  (12 physical track, 11 stun).
so he is probably splashed on the floor.

Damage resistance (http://orokos.com/roll/448622): 9d6t5 2

Kynos shot will kill one of the zombies int he second initiative round.

and I do not think that 'take aim' qualifies for to stop the recoil if you continue to shoot in that action phase:

Recoil penalties are cumulative over every Action Phase
and Combat Turn unless the character takes, or is forced
into, an action other than shooting for an entire Action
Phase.

The way I read it is that you need to do something other than shooting for an entire initiative phase.

Though I admit that  the phrasing is unclear, do you usually allow 'take aim' and continue firing to reset recoil in your games ?

 (it seems kind of odd for me but I have an open mind and can embrace that interpretation. It does means however that almost anyone can fire a full auto simple action continuously.).


Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (08:23:33/10-23-16)
Core Errata:

RECOIL CLARIFICATION  (P. 175, PROGRESSIVE RECOIL, PARAGRAPH 1) The second sentence of the paragraph currently reads: “Recoil penalties are cumulative over every Action Phase and Combat Turn unless the character takes, or is forced into, an action other than shooting for an entire Action Phase.” It should read: “Recoil penalties are cumulative over every Action Phase and Combat Turn unless the character takes, or is forced into, a Simple or Complex Action other than shooting.”
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (08:57:59/10-23-16)
Yes I now understands that, Automatics is definately a great ranged selection, even better than I thought.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (14:44:36/10-23-16)
FreeAction activate Weapon Focus
Attack on 20 undead #2
Attack; dodge (http://orokos.com/roll/448751): 16d6t5 5 18d6t5 5 1 karma to reroll misses
reroll (http://orokos.com/roll/448757): 11d6t5 4 accuracy of 7 max
soak versus DV12 (http://orokos.com/roll/448760): 9d6t5 3

Defense
defense (http://orokos.com/roll/448764): 10d6t5 5 miss

Simple action activate Astral Perception
Attack on 10
attack 2; defense 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/448769): 16d6t5 6 18d6t5 4


Does Irris need to roll defense since zombie 1 was killed the pass before it was able to attack?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:47:45/10-23-16)
Yes she did, Zombie 1 dies in the second initiative pass the first full auto burst was a miss.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (14:51:39/10-23-16)
Ah I guess I misunderstood.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:52:45/10-23-16)
Okay so if I understand correctly:

In the first initiative pass:
Jack missed.
Zombie 2 -3 missed jack and Ayato.
Ayato attacked zombie 2 for 9 physical damage.
Zombie 1 attacked Irris (still need to resolve)


Initiative round 2:
Kynos 12
Ayato 10
Zombie 2: 7 (-3 from wound penalties)
Irris 3 
Zombie 1  1
Zombie 3: 8

Zombie 1 and 2 are killed by Jack and Ayato, so the only zombie to attack at the second round is zombie 3 that is unharmed.
Attack Ayato (http://orokos.com/roll/448772): 13d6t5 4
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:14:54/10-23-16)
Using, my last phase (2) to do the same trick again:

Aim
Vitals Shot
FA Burst: FA Burst Vitals (http://orokos.com/roll/448778): 14d6t5 8[14d6t5=3, 2, 5, 6, 5, 5, 1, 5, 3, 3, 5, 1, 6, 6] (reached my limit)
13 P AP 2 Defense -8 (-5 Burst -3 Melee) + Net hits

Undead Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/448782): 4d6t5 0 [4d6t5=1, 1, 2, 3]

Soak: Soak (http://orokos.com/roll/448783): 9d6t5 5 [9d6t5=5, 4, 5, 2, 5, 2, 6, 4, 5]

16 P => Splatter
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (15:16:27/10-23-16)
Always knew that Kynos is one great killing machine.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:20:38/10-23-16)
Shedim are the worst - and now we have to dismember the bodies unless we want to keep doing these exercises...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (15:21:06/10-23-16)
Full defense
full defense (agile defender) (http://orokos.com/roll/448784): 17d6t5 7 Hah!  suck that zombie.

Ayato would have disrupted one with his weapon focus but I'll leave the hacking the bodies to pieces to the guy with the katana.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (15:29:21/10-23-16)
Okay, that was some nice fighting guys, I felt that it was no trivial challenge.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:47:09/10-23-16)
Yeah, thank god that possession does not grant hardened armor like inhabitation...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (16:34:59/10-23-16)
I'm at the hospital if someone could roll me defense for me.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (16:37:55/10-23-16)
Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/448804): 10d6t5 5 here you go - not hit.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (16:45:47/10-23-16)
Quote
@Nyx as you are having dinner you now notice the waitress that you met with Simone earlier the one that was trying to avoid you. She just finished a few hours ago, could she really be back at work?

Noëmie is at the fort lewis hotel, going back to the Gates would have taken too much time given where we were coming from and where Simone & Devon were going.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (16:52:20/10-23-16)
Oh sorry ;) then ignore it, we'll start the scene of the tour directly next. Given the hour I think Mercy thinks that Nyx is at the Gates as well. So he probably can allow Simone to sleep another hour or so. Nothing mission critical.



Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (17:06:30/10-23-16)
Okay, moved Simone and Nyx to the next morning.

Ayato, Kynos, Irris and Wheely feel free to move the plot to the safe house where you drop/question your prisoners and discuss the kind of evidence you have.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (20:23:00/10-23-16)
No.  Simone is pretty sure she is to pick Nyx up at the base guest housing where she dropped her off.  Is that correct?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (21:04:06/10-23-16)
Yep.
It was the nearest hotel from the farm so...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (03:50:54/10-24-16)
@Kynos, Ayato, Irris - few minor details but I am wondering still.

1. Did you close the metal gate after you? (I think it might have been left open.)
2. What about the pixies?

Another thing, since BTL is technology rather than a chemical putting it down the datajack will not automatically activate it. The right matrix command need to be sent to activate it. (or the smugglers need to want to activate it).
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:54:13/10-24-16)
We didn't take the pixies - no need to tip off the boss through an irate customer. Likewise, we closed the gate again.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (04:02:29/10-24-16)
Wheely can probably send the command if needed but those smuggler are BTL junkies, I doubt they would refuse a free trip.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:29:13/10-24-16)
As far as I know, these chips come with their own piece of hardware that allows them to run directly from a datajack. The rules are silent about how they are activated, but I'd have expected that they have an autorun function.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (04:41:39/10-24-16)
Oh they will take them once they feel safer, they are still hoping to return home as with the story you told them about being a police officer they do not feel like they did any kind of crime. Ofc, as junkies and detached from reality as they are - they'll figure it out eventually and then these chips are going to feel a lot more tempting.


Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (05:22:00/10-24-16)
@Jack_Spade I'm counting on you Kynos! You're the one wearing the armor. Maybe tell them that we have to keep them in custody while the paper-shufflers do their job. The jail is likely better than their own squat and it's probably not their first time staying in custody for a couple of days, and this time they will have food and BTL.

@Gilga Does MXN took care of the smugglers or are they down there with us? Can we spend the night there? Sorry I'm a bit confused with the situation  :-[
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (06:55:54/10-24-16)
MXN behaves as if he has no idea why you are there, and he is careful not to learn too much.
You could spend the night if you like the place is equipped there are blankets and matresses, it will not be anything fancy, kind of like a slumber party.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:02:08/10-24-16)
Nah, Kynos doesn't intent to spend any more time with the couriers than he has to - he isn't keen on showing them his face.

I think it's best to tell the couriers, that they have won a three day time out - and that they are the lucky ones, since now their boss is in hot water, hinting at the fact that he is implicated in a major crime "like tax evasion".

Hopefully that will set them in the right frame of mind to cooperate, should we need any more info from them.

Until then they get their (BTL) chips and beer, a roof over their head and a place to sleep and the promise that in three days time they'll be allowed to go back and do whatever they want (which probably includes more BTL)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (11:42:55/10-24-16)
@Ennui sorry I missed that Irris got hurt. Since Simone is a bit... busy we could say, if gilga does not mind, that you got your turn on the Valkyrie module befire the smugglers. If so throw 11d6 minus 1 per 2 essence loss.

Though if those are stun damage (you were wearing your armor, right ? ) a good night sleep should be enough.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (11:48:43/10-24-16)
It was chemical damage from the sewers at the clinic so its physical.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (12:22:34/10-24-16)
Are you sure? If it was this post : http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=24898.msg466453#msg466453 it's 5DV (Stun)

Anyhow here is the Valkyrie roll (with -2 dice due to your low essence): Valkyrie Module First Aid. Target: Irris (http://orokos.com/roll/449055) 9d6t5 3
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (13:01:55/10-24-16)
by the way to heal damage you need 4+ hits as the first 3 are ignored, and yes the damage is stun.
so a good night sleep should clear it.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:44:53/10-24-16)
Slight correction: core p.205
"Roll a First Aid + Logic [Mental] (2) Test, applying appropriate modifiers from the Healing Modifiers table.[...] Each net hit over the threshold removes 1 box of damage;"

The first two are ignored. Also, the Valkyrie module has a sterile interior so you should be rolling ten dice.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (14:03:14/10-24-16)
The Equus is a spacious car but not that much so I assumed that to fit the Valkyrie there were some adjustement to make hence the -1. The one in Nicole van should get the full benefit.

What was Kynos codename we've decided again? I thought it was mostly for the record so I didn't note it but I guess you can't be too careful.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (14:11:50/10-24-16)
Yeah you're right it was stun, my mistake.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (14:32:53/10-24-16)
I dont remember kynos or simones code names either.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (17:03:28/10-24-16)
Hum, I checked on my sheet, Noëmie also has a victorinox dagger, in bracelet form on her left wrist.
I suppose they'll find it (and maybe even know what it is), but you can consider Noëmie forgot that it's a weapon...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (17:13:32/10-24-16)
If she is not attempting to actively hide it (with palming) than yes they will find it.  I am going to sleep now but if you like you can IC something about that awkward moment and how the examination got a lot longer afterwards.

Providing Nyx plays ball I'll shoot you some IC tomorrow morning.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (17:19:16/10-24-16)
Noëmie is not trying to hide anything, she really forgot about it :o
Plus, she doesn't really know how to use it anyway so not having it doesn't change anything.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (09:46:05/10-25-16)
I'm not 100% on how recovering damage works.  how much stun do I recover as I sleep and do I need to make any rolls?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (09:54:23/10-25-16)
For Stun damage its a Body + Willpower (1 Hour) Extended Test.  Meaning, for every hour of rest your character gets, roll Body + Willpower and with every hit on that Test you take off one box of Stun damage.

Or you could buy the hits at a 4:1 ratio and ignore the rolling.  Up to you.

Physical Damage is Body x 2 (24 Hours) Extended Test.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (21:00:08/10-25-16)
Then buying hits at 2 per hour I should be fully recovered after 6 hours of sleep.  Yay me.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (22:06:11/10-25-16)
Maxwell, the combat opens with one of the zombies opening automatic fire. It is suppressive fire from an AK-97. (stick and shots ammo)

Your actions are at: -3.
Supressive Fire (http://orokos.com/roll/449590): 8d6t5 3

If you do not drop prone/take cover roll reaction + edge - if you do it costs 5 initiative and will provide you partial cover.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (22:10:11/10-25-16)
Oh and do we gain edge in the morning?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (22:16:51/10-25-16)
If you sleep well, then yes.  1 edge per day.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (22:17:51/10-25-16)
Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/449609): 12+2d6 23

Using Hit the Dirt to drop prone.  Putting me at 17 Initiative.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (22:20:52/10-25-16)
I assume that determining that one is a drake is as hard as determining that one is a technomancer,  (5 hits, so with 6 hits the person sort of knows anything there is to know.).

If Noëmie is the first one he ever saw, I don't see how he could know what she is exactly. That there is something weird, that she's not like any other elf he met, sure.
But that she's a drake, not so much.
It can be ruled that way of course, but well... It won't end well... Noëmie is more likely to torch the place right now than risk this information from going out :o
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (22:22:59/10-25-16)
Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/449614): 10#10+1d6 15 15 14 12 13 14 11 15 16 12

rolled for 10 that is enough, but there will be more coming, you should be surprised by how many there are now, there weren't that many before the blissful weeks of Red's reign.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (22:25:38/10-25-16)
Can you draw a diagram of how far apart they are and what distance they are from me.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (22:30:57/10-25-16)
I'll place them about 30-40 meters from you and in 3 directions, 4 int he front and 3 to your right, 3 to your left.
They will take one combat turn to get to melee range with you, so in the first one you have your actions to do.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (22:38:24/10-25-16)
Well she is sort of going to have that place torched in a few days anyhow.

I think it is reasonable, as right now Nyx is vulnerable to that kind of assensing but once she learns masking it becomes highly unlikely to out her as a drake so it does not seem so restrictive for me. 

Since that mage knows that she is a Drake, it will be very hard to convince him that you are not working for a dragon but as such if you play the dragon story well then get a +5 dice social modifier for appearing considerably more powerful than you are. If you try to convince him that you are not a dragon with influence or something like that, then well no modifier.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (22:47:30/10-25-16)
F8 Fire Spirit rolling (Force x 2 + 3) +2d6 with a -10 modifier for being late and -2 due to BGC.

EDIT: BGC only affects actions for Astral Forms and Dual-Natured Critters.  Initiative and Defense are unaffected.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (12:25:35/10-26-16)
Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/449826): 19+2d6 25 - 10 Late Penalty

Initiative Order - Pass 1

Gunner Shedim: 16 - Will continue laying down suppressive fire
Other Shedim: 15 15 15 14 14 13 12 12 11 - Leaving Bodies to fight on the Astral
Sovereign: 17- Called and Commanded Spirit
Conflagration: 15 - Materialized in Combat

Initiative Order - Pass 2

Other Shedim: Astral Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/449836): 9#10+3d6 20 21 15 16 24 23 18 22 19 - Astral Combat
Sovereign: 11 - Casted Increase Reflexes on self
Gunner Shedim: 6 - Continuing Suppressive Fire
Conflagration: 5 - Astral Combat
 
I'll roll for the Shedim astral combat soon.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (13:11:31/10-26-16)
Shedim Astral Unarmed Attack

Astral Combat (http://orokos.com/roll/449851): 9#8d6t5 3 3 2 1 2 2 2 3 2

Conflagration Astral Defense

Astral Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/449852): 9#17d6t5 6 7 6 5 8 5 6 6 5

Fire Spirit is fine and untouched.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (23:54:27/10-26-16)
Quote
resist intimidation (http://orokos.com/roll/450066): 15d6t5 9
overall he is not intimidated

It probably won't change much on the roll, but there is an errata regarding that: it's Intimidation + Willpower [Social]" to resist intimidation.
Which means there is a limit. I don't really hope he has 6 or less but...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (23:59:53/10-26-16)
Let me load chummer to check, his social limit is 8, but that one is the manager socially skilled and charismatic.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (16:58:55/10-27-16)
What? Did you post it in the wrong post or did I miss something?

By the way I'm still around just waiting for the end of Nyx thing since she would likely wake us up in the morning with the result. Good luck with those juicy Pixies.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (17:05:44/10-27-16)
No I post here instead of in Jack's game.
I fixed it, and yes if anything goes well we continue in the morning.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (04:08:37/10-28-16)
I don't think that Drakes need to activate their Dual Natured, it's one of the downside of the thing actually: it's always on.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (04:29:33/10-28-16)
That's only the case when in drake form. Otherwise, everything is off.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (05:21:14/10-28-16)
Seriously? Nice, that change everything I thought about Drakes, the errata team should give the same treatment to Shapeshifters to make them viable again.

I don't see Transcend Form on your character sheet though. Did you just activate your dracoform in front of poor Todd?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (05:27:21/10-28-16)
Nah, I do have it, it's just not in Chummer so forgot to add it by hand later that's all.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (06:35:03/10-28-16)
Conflagration Astral Attack

Astral Combat (http://orokos.com/roll/450498): 14d6t5 6

Shedim Astral Defense

Astral Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/450499): 10d6t5 3

The attack connects dealing 8 + 3 Physical which disrupts one out of the 9 Shedim.

Initiative Order - Pass 3

Astral Shedim: 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 6 - Astral Combat
Sovereign: -1 - Overcasted Fireball
Conflagration: -5
Gunner Shedim -9

Astral Combat (http://orokos.com/roll/450501): 8#8d6t5 2 3 2 2 5 2 4 4

Astral Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/450502): 8#17d6t5 9 5 6 5 8 5 6 6

Fire Spirit is still fine and unharmed.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (06:55:20/10-28-16)
Isn't there a cumulative malus for successive defences?
And aren't your pools wrong? They should always be at Force x 2 in astral, how do you get a 14 to attack and 17s to defend?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (07:03:30/10-28-16)
Background Count imposes a -2 penalty to all Actions/Skill Tests for Astral Forms and Dual-Natured Creatures, not Defense and Initiative.  Talked to Gilga about the cumulative Defense Penalty and we concluded it doesn't apply on the Astral Plane.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (07:08:50/10-28-16)
Oh yeah, forgot about BGC.
But why the 17 in defence? Shouldn't it be 16? Not that it changes anything considering the rolls, but I'm curious.

Oh and while I do agree that in general one could argue the penalties don't count in normal astral combat, there's still the fact that in the current situation the Shedims are possessing people and your spirit is materialised. None of them then are free of their movements, it's basically the same thing as normal combat except for the skill and stats used. Consequently, I'd say the malaise should be applied here.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (07:15:01/10-28-16)
Astral Defense is Logic + Intuition.

F8 Fire Spirit has 8 Logic + 9 Intuition = 17 Astral Defense.

The Shedim couldn't do anything to the Fire Spirit on the physical plane and left their bodies to fight the spirit on the Astral.  It's extremely hard to say what bonuses/maluses apply on the Astral since actions there are defined by thought, will, creativity and force of personality.  The only thing that applies invariably is BGC.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (07:17:50/10-28-16)
Oops my bad, I never made a mage with a Fire spirit, forgot they had one mental stat higher than normal. And I missed the depossession thing. I should pay more attention, sorry ^^
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (08:01:42/10-28-16)
Alright talked to Gilga again and we decided that the following applies on the Astral.

1. Cumulative Defense Penalty
2. Friends in Melee.
3. Full Defense can be used to add Willpower to Defense.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (16:21:47/10-28-16)
On a side note, the CRB errata lists Charisma + Willpower to resist Intimidation.  Basically, a Composure Test.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (16:37:48/10-28-16)
If you read the errata as is, it says to replace Intimidation + Charisma [social] by Willpower + Charisma.
The.core rulebook is already with Willpower + Charisma, so it can only be a mistake where they didn't order the phrase right I think.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (16:44:29/10-28-16)
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=24595.30

The official ruling is Charisma + Willpower.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (16:47:55/10-28-16)
Yes I know.
And as I've just said, it doesn't make sense. Why put an errata to keep things the way they already are? It's only right if you put the sentence in the opposite order. Plus, the roll becomes consistent with all the other resistance rolls.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (16:54:16/10-28-16)
Oh sorry I thought you were talking about the Social Skills Test Block on page 141.  It's there that they have Character Roll Intimidation + Charisma [Social] v.Target Roll Intimidation + Willpower [Social].  The errata changes this mistake to Target Roll Charisma + Willpower.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (21:55:33/10-28-16)
Initiative Order - Pass 4

Astral Shedim: 4 3 2 1 0 -1 -2 -4 - Astral Combat
Sovereign: -11
Conflagration: -15
Gunner Shedim: -19

Astral Shedim Astral Attack - (Now with Friends in Melee bonus)

Astral Combat (http://orokos.com/roll/450736): 4#9d6t5 2 2 4 0

Conflagration Astral Defense - (Now with Cumulative Defense Penalty)

Astral Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/450737): 17d6t5 7
Astral Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/450738): 16d6t5 6
Astral Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/450739): 15d6t5 6
Astral Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/450740): 14d6t5 4

Combat Turn 2 Initiative Order - Pass 1

Astral Shedim: Astral Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/450741): 8#10+3d6 19 24 16 16 18 16 6 17 19
Sovereign: Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/450742): 12+3d6 22
Conflagration: Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/450743): 19+2d6 26
Gunner Shedim: Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/450745): 11+2d6 14

Conflagration Astral Attack

Astral Combat (http://orokos.com/roll/450868): 14d6t5 4

Shedim Full Astral Defense

Full Astral Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/450869): 16d6t5 6

Swing and a miss.

Astral Shedim Astral Attack

Astral Combat (http://orokos.com/roll/450870): 9d6t5 2

Conflagration Astral Defense

Astral Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/450871): 17d6t5 7

Another swing and a miss.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (10:30:52/10-29-16)
Sovereign's Action Pass

Using 1 free action to drop the sustained Increase Reflexes.

Initiative Loss (http://orokos.com/roll/450872): 2+1d6 8
New Initiative: 14

Using 1 Complex to cast a spell on the burning zombie.

Force 6 Flamethrower (http://orokos.com/roll/450874): 13d6t5 3
Drain Resistance (http://orokos.com/roll/450875): 11d6t5 4
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (11:43:55/10-29-16)
Dodge + Full defense (http://orokos.com/roll/450892): 14d6t5 5
missed: 

Shedim unarmed attack:  (2nd combat turn if it survives)
Unarmed (http://orokos.com/roll/450894): 8d6t5 2
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (12:17:18/10-29-16)
Maybe you should have taken someone with you.   :(
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (13:22:02/10-29-16)
stand up (http://orokos.com/roll/450928): 7d6t5 3 so that little badass can stand up on his own.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (19:01:14/10-29-16)
I only know two modes of attack.  Frontal Assault and Death by Frontal Assault.  Let us hope this fight ends as the first one.

Combat Turn 2 Initiative Order - Pass 1 (Did the order in a more proper easier way to read)

Conflagration: 16 - Full Defense and Astral Combat
Astral Shedim: 24 - Astral Combat
Astral Shedim: 19 - Astral Combat
Astral Shedim: 19 - Astral Combat
Astral Shedim: 18 - Astral Combat
Astral Shedim: 17 - Astral Combat
Astral Shedim: 16 - Astral Combat
Astral Shedim: 16 - Astral Combat
Sovereign: 14 - Dropped Sustained Spell and Casted Flamethrower
Astral Shedim: 6 - Full Defense and Astral Combat
Physical Shedim: 4 - Full Defense and Stood Up (Maybe running towards Sovereign?)


Astral Shedim Astral Attacks
Astral Combat (http://orokos.com/roll/451231): 7#9d6t5 4 4 4 5 3 2 2

Conflagration goes on Full Astral Defense
Astral Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/451233): 24d6t5 8
Astral Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/451234): 23d6t5 6
Astral Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/451235): 22d6t5 7
Astral Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/451236): 21d6t5 5
Astral Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/451237): 20d6t5 9
Astral Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/451238): 19d6t5 9
Astral Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/451239): 18d6t5 5

Again... still, no harm done to fire spirit.

Combat Turn 2 Initiative Order - Pass 2

Astral Shedim: 14 - Astral Combat
Astral Shedim: 9 - Astral Combat
Astral Shedim: 9 - Astral Combat
Astral Shedim: 8 - Astral Combat
Astral Shedim: 7 - Astral Combat
Astral Shedim: 6 - Astral Combat
Astral Shedim: 6 - Astral Combat
Conflagration: 6 (Full Defense)
Sovereign: 4
Astral Shedim: -4 (Full Defense)
Physical Shedim: -6 (Full Defense)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (00:25:05/10-30-16)
Such a wonderful experience here with the spirits that dodge all attacks and the super zombies that won't die.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (06:07:19/10-30-16)
Just get out of there lol, don't you have some direct spell (manabolt? )  these are great for dodgy opponents.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (10:52:02/10-30-16)
Hahahahahahaha, yeah I do.  Stunbolt and Stunball.  Neither are going to be particularly useful right now.  Don't worry though.  I devised an amazing hyper secret heavy assault purple rhino super smash box office monkey movie escape plan.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (12:21:13/10-30-16)
Your situation with the Shedim remainds me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (01:55:37/10-31-16)
Astral Shedim Astral Unarmed Attack

Astral Combat (http://orokos.com/roll/451661): 87#9d6t5 4 3 2 3 3 3 4 3 - (One of those tests glitched but I don't think it matters in the grand scope of things) (Ignore the last roll.  I forgot that 1 has already attacked this IP)

Conflagration Full Astral Defense - (With 24 Defense Dice the spirit can buy the hits needed to dodge all of those attacks.  Even incorporating the cumulative defense penalty brings him down to 18 Defense Dice on the last attack.  Which is still enough to buy 4 hits on the test.)

Conflagration's Astral Unarmed Attack on the Shedim with the highest initiative.

Astral Combat (http://orokos.com/roll/451663): 14d6t5 7

Astral Shedim's Full Defense

Astral Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/451664): 15d6t5 5

Shedim took 10 Physical Damage.  Nearly disrupting another dark spirit.

Combat Turn 2 Initiative Order - Pass 2

Astral Shedim: 9 - Astral Combat
Astral Shedim: 9 - Astral Combat
Astral Shedim: 8 - Astral Combat
Astral Shedim: 7 - Astral Combat
Astral Shedim: 6 - Astral Combat
Astral Shedim: 6 - Astral Combat
Conflagration: 6 - Astral Combat (Full Defense)
Sovereign: 4 - Casted Levitate on himself
Astral Shedim: 1 - Astral Combat (Full Defense)
Astral Shedim: -4 (Full Defense)
Physical Shedim: -6 (Full Defense)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (12:20:48/11-02-16)
Reach imposes a Defense penalty on the defender equal to the bonus. (-1/2 in Nyx's case.  I don't know if she has any reach.)  Additionally, Todd, gets a Defense boost to melee attacks (Maybe point blank ranged too?) equal to his reach.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (12:23:46/11-02-16)
She doesn't, the last 2 dice on the defence roll weren't successes, so it doesn't change anything anyway.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (12:28:40/11-02-16)
I know, I checked.  Mostly it was for clarification and future reference.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (13:58:13/11-02-16)
By the way touch-only attacks don't add their net hits to the damage (Run & Gun, 124) so it's only 9S damage. But the Hardened Armor auto successes are reduced by AP:

Quote from: CRB 397
Additionally, half of the Hardened Armor rating (modified by AP, rounded up) counts as automatic extra hits on this test.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (14:07:05/11-02-16)
It's three stun then.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (20:51:20/11-02-16)
Nyx knows we need to buy a pixie in the next two days right?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (04:30:04/11-03-16)
The only important thing is the money transfer. We don't really need the pixie itself.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:43:34/11-04-16)
So is Stutter still out with his grandmother?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (01:02:32/11-04-16)
He's checking in on his phone he thinks he will probably on top of things this weekend.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (12:23:13/11-04-16)
@wheely Future X genetics is owned by applied genetics. They are a research lab with the declared intent of taking human evolution to the next stage.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (21:18:45/11-04-16)
Yeah I'm around I check in on my phone once or twice a day.  They are moving my grandmother to a rehab facility for a while so it looks like I'll have more time.  I haven't posted because I haven't really needed to with Nyx and Sovereign taking all the limelight.  thanks for thinking of me though.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (05:51:28/11-06-16)
@Jack_Spade we already have a recipe of a Pixie buying, Nyx only paid 25% of the price but it's not like we need the actual pixies, just the proof of transaction.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (06:02:39/11-06-16)
Ah, I missed that part. Deleted the last post.

Alright, what now? Any plans for the evening (except Maxwell who seems to be in trouble again  ;D )?
Should we jump to our morning meeting?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (06:12:09/11-06-16)
Casa loaned you 10k for the mission in investment conditions (e.g. if you fail you do not need to pay him back) for 25% interest. 10k bought you the 25% upfront for an order of 4 pixies for 40k.

PS you guys are kind of quiet - no pressure to post but if you are looking for GM input please let me know in case I missed something.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (13:12:02/11-06-16)
I'm kinda waiting for times to synchronize since you have Mulcarn stranded at night and most of the rest of us asleep or just waking.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (13:12:58/11-06-16)
I am sort of waiting to see what Nyx wants to to so I can drive her somewhere.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (13:22:52/11-06-16)
Alright, I am alright with assuming that Maxwell is not there at the chat - even if I allow him to sleep right now he is not going to be up in 7:00 am.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (13:27:07/11-06-16)
How long did the tour take and what time is it for Simone and Nyx?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:28:22/11-06-16)
About an hour all in all, maybe an hour and a  half.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (14:56:31/11-06-16)
So still mid-morning for us, then?  Hmmm.  What to do?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (15:02:03/11-06-16)
yes, lol.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (15:14:46/11-06-16)
So is the wizard on last night or tonight? 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (15:42:39/11-06-16)
last night.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:44:21/11-06-16)
So, if Maxwell survives the night, we could all meet up at 0800h of the second day of our deadline, correct?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (15:56:21/11-06-16)
He'll survive - I think, but I am not sure how much sleep he'll get. So it might be a bit early for him.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (17:04:01/11-06-16)
We're probably an hour away from the Gates (or anywhere civilised), so it's probably best to make it 09:00.
As for Noëmie, now she doesn't really care where to go. While there may be other stuff to do for her, it can only be secondary now. Infiltration / combat (in any form) isn't her speciality. At all ^^
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (10:48:49/11-07-16)
Sorry for holding things up.  Been busy at work and even busier dealing with my bank.  I'll unveil phase 2 of my ultra secret master plan later tonight.

For time clarification, the mad wizard is flying somewhere between 00:00 - 01:30 AM on the 13th.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (01:53:12/11-22-16)
Hi I am feeling that we're kind of deadlocked - except for Maxwell that is trying to woo the hostess.
I added a bit of info that you might want to consider. Too bad that Wheely's hard work will go down in forgetness. Feel free to use/ignore it.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (02:55:47/11-22-16)
Yeah, maybe we need to clear up a few things OP before we proceed (and if everyone is ok we can abstract the whole surveillance part in one or two posts so we don't lock out half the team for a considerable amount of time)

Until now I was under the impression that the farm operated with hardwired devices (being an old building and so on) and that's why they need that antenna to control their drones. If the have a host they can just make a WAN and don't have to worry about noise at all.

Also, what info from Wheely have we ignored/forgotten?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (03:27:18/11-22-16)
Mostly that I got the position of one (was there more than one?) RCC on which all drones are slaved. But from what I remember from my first trip there was nothing about camera or door controls. Just the DB and the RCC.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:13:19/11-22-16)
Is that RCC somewhere else than in the control room three stories below ground? That's how I understood it.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (23:26:22/11-22-16)
The RCC that Whelly traced is in some address in S.t Lewis - long distance from the farm. The way I planned it, the existence of such a large Antenna suggests that RCCs can be placed at distance from the farm.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (17:48:23/11-26-16)
So the antenna has to come down then.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (13:29:34/11-28-16)
Hi guys, should we get you to next scene? What is the plan?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (14:12:23/11-28-16)
I guess.  I figured a lot of folks hadn't been posting due to the holiday and Mercy is on a cruise.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (14:14:36/11-28-16)
I think we were going to check the RCC position, see what we can find in meat space with Kynos, Ayato, Irris and Wheely.

Not sure what Nyx is planning and from what I understand everyone is riding on my car.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:47:14/11-28-16)
Pretty much that, yes :)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (18:17:17/11-29-16)
Nyx and Simone (if they accompanied you) can roll a memory test to see if any of the security firm names are familiar. If I understand correctly, the rest of you were not physically at the farm.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:39:18/11-30-16)
@gilga

How is the RCC working if it's secluded within a host? Wouldn't that prevent the RCC from interacting with the drones?
Or are all the icons of the drones also inside the host?

p.246 core:
"The virtual space inside a host is separate from the outside grid. When you’re outside of a host, you can’t interact directly with icons inside it, although you can still send messages, make commcalls, and that sort of thing. "

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:34:48/11-30-16)
The drones are also inside the host, not visible if you are outside of the host - no problem in sending a message (I assume that Wheely has the know how as he is the one that traced the icon).
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (03:17:32/12-01-16)
I am back.  I guess I am a bit unclear what role Simone and Nyx are playing in the current  plan.  Can someone please bring me up to speed?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (03:35:25/12-01-16)
You have the evidence and should be getting ready to take over the farm. 
The group went to Fort Lewis to look for the RCC Wheely traced. The place is heavily populated so I think social skills can be useful and depending on how violent you plan to be so are combat skills.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (03:51:52/12-01-16)
So far we were going with my car but if we have one more person I guess we should say we took the van instead, if Ennui is ok with that.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:03:42/12-01-16)
Just posted.  Simone will offer to let Sovereign sleep in her van while she gets some work done. 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (11:19:55/12-01-16)
Damn sorry I got confused it's Simone who has a Van not Irris my bad. The invitation to join the trip was open to everyone  :P
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (20:56:36/12-01-16)
Irris had a van in her first itteration.  I keep thinking she has one too.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (20:58:56/12-01-16)
Can we still get the layout of the PANs and stuff...Also if the location of the RCC is here wouldn't the host be too?  At least in part.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (01:28:33/12-02-16)
No the host is at the farm. You can physically interfere with the traffic, e.g. jamming but in order to interact with the icon or observe wan/pan you need access to its host.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:34:34/12-02-16)
Öhm, I'm confused:
If both the drones and the RCC are inside the host we can't jam them by RAW. Actually they don't even need an antenna. As soon as you are in a host you no longer are subject to noise since you are considered direct connected to all of them.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:03:31/12-02-16)
It is OK.  This way, Simone can offer a place where Sovereign can sleep without being disturbed too much and she can get some work done while waiting for the others to do their recon stuff.  Of course, Sovereign might not want to sleep in a van, but he has not said yet.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (10:37:02/12-02-16)
So the whole building is inside the host?  Interesting.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (11:33:39/12-02-16)
Well, I do not like the direct connected it makes little sense for me that a device several kilometers away will have no noise. So for that specific host the rule does not apply, if anyone feels strongly about it I'll plan future encounters closer to RAW.

Jamming seems to me like something that effects the physical world, so it effects any signal that is exposed to it. Direct connection is not effected but anything wireless is effected by jamming. So I want jamming to effect anything in the area including multiple overlapping grids.

@Stut
The building is not in a host, the RCC you are looking for is logically in the host but physically in the building. Kind of like we have VPN today.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (00:35:48/12-04-16)
Can I get a quick description of the rest of the building then?  The stuff that we can see. 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (12:30:09/12-07-16)
@Ennui Does Irris still want to distract the guard?

@gilga I assumed that it's a business front and there is people going in and out of the Luna one, am I wrong?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:01:01/12-07-16)
Yes people going in and out, not all the time but one or two any hour.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (09:30:31/12-09-16)
I'm thinking noise cancellation might mean soundproof?  Just curious where you are from Gilga.  Your english is great but I can tell it's not your native language.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (09:32:56/12-09-16)
It's not always easy to understand where he is going to since english isn't my native language either  :P
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (09:34:46/12-09-16)
I was starting to wonder about that as well but I've seen a lot more text from Gilga than you.  Where are you from Kuirem?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (09:49:03/12-09-16)
Quelqu'un a un problème avec le Français?  :P

Page 2 of the OCC, wasn't it a big enough hint?  ;)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (01:07:31/12-10-16)
I am from Israel, and you ? 

I am doing my best about Einglish, but if there are mistakes you notice feel free to correct me, I am very open to this.

 Noise cancellation was indeed a bad term lol ;)


@Ennui - I am not sure how it came through but Irris understands that something is not right in Luna security. The person talking to her is not knowledgeable about his job and about the security etiquette.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (15:25:25/12-11-16)
I'm from Oklahoma USA.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (15:31:24/12-11-16)
Alaska, USA
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (15:34:52/12-11-16)
So am I in the host now or are we outside it still?  I assume I have seen all the matrix icons available due to my rolls previously otherwise.  If we are still outside can I get a list of the matrix icons in here.  If I'm inside I will use these.

matrix perception x3 (http://orokos.com/roll/465118): 9d6t5 4 9d6t5 6 9d6t5 5
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:50:25/12-11-16)
Bavaria, Germany ;D
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (16:07:34/12-11-16)
France
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (17:20:08/12-11-16)
Hell
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (18:21:47/12-11-16)
Oh, so you are from Michigan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Michigan)?  ;) ;D
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (18:42:46/12-11-16)
I'm from Oklahoma as well.  I know ennui in RL.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (13:03:02/12-13-16)
@Enui - the RCC is in the host - and you only know that because Wheely hacked into the host and spotted it. It is not visible in the matrix, the building seems ordinary EVERYTHING has a matrix icon, from the cofee machine, the doors windows, the smartgun system of the security guard, two comlinks on the secretary and a wired reflexes system that you see no person next to.

There are no RCC icons at all.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (13:28:24/12-13-16)
Sorry I haven't been posting a much as I should be.  The holidays are keeping me nonstop busy at my job.  I'm trying to make time to be here more but my schedule isn't giving me much leeway.  Again, I apologize for my absence.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (20:31:47/12-13-16)
Everyone runs the AR/VR a little bit differently I'm just trying to get a feel for the way you do.  As I understand it the weakness of a physical presence inside the host.  Connecting from meatspace to a location that is hosted is just as easy to do as something not in a host.  I guess what I'm trying to figure out is what kind of distance do we need to see an icon on a host in AR?  normal wireless ranges less based on the host rating or line of sight etc.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (04:44:47/12-14-16)
You cannot see an icon in a host unless you are also in the same host. I'll let you see that there a remote host access point, in Luna.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (08:25:09/12-14-16)
Wait are you saying you can be standing right next to the RCC and couldn't see the icon because it's in the host?  what's the point of onsite hacking then?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (11:22:25/12-14-16)
I do not understand the question, wirelessly you can only hack things that are in the same network as yourself. If you are on the same room with the RCC you can just plug a cable and hack it with direct connection.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (17:40:21/12-15-16)
We are both pretty new to hosts, neither of us have a great grasp of how the matrix and AR work visually.  I just needed a little detail.  I think I know what stuttr is talking about but im not going to assume.

I'll let everyone get a post in before I continue with the talking.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (03:15:18/12-16-16)
Just one thing I thought I would mention, Wheely is in VR so every time you try to talk to him you are really talking to a big lump of unconscious meat. Well cars should have mic so I suppose I could hear you through that but still, you talking to meat!
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (08:28:28/12-16-16)
my understanding is that with trodes or a data jack you can get your com calls mentally. 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (09:31:48/12-16-16)
Oh yes no problem for Matrix communication and comcalls but when Kynos says "You better keep the motor running, we might come out hot." he is talking to a limp body  ::)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (11:01:10/12-16-16)
Wait are you saying you can be standing right next to the RCC and couldn't see the icon because it's in the host?  what's the point of onsite hacking then?

When you hack a device, it defends with Device Rating + Firewall (in most cases anyway, sometimes Data Processing).
So let's say you want to hack a camera, with a DR3: it's defence roll is 3+3 = 6d.

When a device is slaved to a Host (or anything for that matter), you use the best from the device or the Master.
So if your camera is slaved to a Host with a rating of 6 and 9 in firewall, the defence roll is max(Camera DR, Host DR) + max(Camera FW, Host FW) = 6 + 9 = 15

If you connect directly to the camera, then it only has its own attributes to defend, which means it's back to 6d instead of 15.
Plus, any mark you get on the camera, you also get on the Host.

And that is why you may want to be on site to hack stuff, especially high level hosts.

It works the same way if you want to spot the RCC: it's defended by the Host, so the Matrix Perception roll may be much more difficult (depending on the RCC and the Host of course).
Once in the Host however, you're able to see every slaved device, no rolls needed.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (11:16:48/12-16-16)
So are what point are you considered in the host meatspace-wise?  Or do you have to be physically connected?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (11:18:58/12-16-16)
You're never in the meat in a Host. Hosts are pure matrix concepts.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (12:20:56/12-16-16)
Okay so I would never see the AR  icon of the RCC until I physically jacked into it?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (12:27:06/12-16-16)
Not necessarily. If it's not running silent and you're less than 100m, you'll see it  (you may need a matrix perception roll to filter the icons in the vicinity to find it though)
If it's running silent, you would need to roll Computer + Intuition [Data Processing] vs Logic + Sleaze (the RCC or the Master if it's slaved) to see it.

If you fail on that roll, if it's slaved to the Host, a mark on the Host would allow you to find it. If you fail and it's not slaved to the Host then yeah, your only solution is pretty much to connect directly to it.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (12:34:45/12-16-16)
The last solution (and the one I thought Gilga was going for) is if the RCC is directly connected to an access port to the host and not running Wireless. Of course you will see the access port  in AR/VR (unless it's connected by a long cable going all the way to the farm).
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (20:49:23/12-18-16)
But then it wouldn't need the antennae.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (00:10:32/12-19-16)
RCC is wirelessly connected to the host, the RCC has plenty of noise compensation and they have antennas for additional. You cannot see or target the RCC from outside the host unless you directly linked to it. The RCC is not entirely invisible, as instead of an RCC there is a host entrance icon.  (one that you can hack to enter the host).  It should looks like a door and Irris should is able to spot it if she knows what she is looking for.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (00:14:17/12-19-16)
I don't have any issues with that, but by the rules even if a device is slaved to something else, as long as it's Wireless On, it can be spotted (can as in it's possible, if it's running silent it's more complex).
It's just to be sure that's how you intend to have things work, and not some mistake ^^
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (02:46:51/12-19-16)
You can spot things as long as you are in the same grid as they are. A host is a private network. I think this is part of the rules with all the grid hop mechanics and host and so forth.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (02:51:38/12-19-16)
As far as I know, that's wrong on two counts:
1) You may spot anything from any grid to any grid. The only difficulty is that you have a -2d if it involves different grids, and another -2d if one of the two grids is the Public one. A single net hit on a Matrix Perception roll allows you to know on which grid an icon is.
2) Hosts are on all Grids at once, but are not grids by themselves. While it's true that you can't see anything inside a Host from the outside, it's only for personas and files in there. Devices are, by definition, outside the Host. They may be slaved to it, but they exist outside of it. Hence, they are visible from outside the Host. The Host may try to hide them (Computer + Intuition [Data Processing] vs Sleaze + Logic thing), but it's not automatic.

Maybe it's something from old editions?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (18:07:21/12-22-16)
I'm not sure if this would alert the system but I'm sure my character would know.  But if jacking directly into the RCCs wouldn't alert the system I'll check out the host(s) to see what's in it/them

To access the Host, you need Marks: the RCC has none. The Persona, which was the result of the couple {RCC, Decker} had some, but without the Decker, no Persona, no Marks.
Since the RCC is directly connected to the Host it's probably not too difficult to get access to it, but it won't be a legitimate access in any case.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (18:09:25/12-22-16)
Even if I jack into it directly?  Then it will be up to Wheely to get the info, all I have is bruteforce.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (18:11:03/12-22-16)
If you Jack in directly, you form a new Persona (if you drop the one you currently have with your Deck /  'link). And that Persona doesn't have Marks.
If you just use the device (without forming the Persona), then you're just directly connected to the RCC, nothing more.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (01:43:03/12-23-16)
There are wounded riggers connected to each RCC - you can directly connect t the RCC and sleaze/brute force a mark on the RCC and then try to understand what the rigger sees. 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (11:43:52/12-26-16)
Took me awhile but I finally found some artwork to show what Ayato looks like.  At least the image of what I believe he looks like.  I could be wrong in my interpretation.  Still looking for more art for everyone else.

[spoiler](https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/a8/df/cf/a8dfcff1e9354c66b0b62ea7773eb598.jpg)[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (11:52:34/12-26-16)
Nice.  I wonder what you will come up with for Simone.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (12:16:13/12-26-16)
For Simone I had this image in mind but wasn't 100% sure.  I think you described her with longer hair but again, I'm not completely certain.

[spoiler](http://orig06.deviantart.net/ae00/f/2015/364/6/8/6838577c45511858c58b8f44d8b0a46d-d9m28bt.jpg)[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (13:25:32/12-26-16)
Irris without her gear and in casual clothing.  Her eyes are supposed to be black if I remember correctly but I couldn't find anything that matched up to how you described her on my search.

[spoiler](http://pre05.deviantart.net/58f3/th/pre/i/2016/189/a/5/shadowrun_elf_portrait_by_arttair-da97j1w.png)[/spoiler]

Wheely on the job in the bottom left corner with some random people.  I wanted to find one with him tinkering with some drones or driving a car but this still fit my interpretation as to how he looked.

[spoiler](http://img07.deviantart.net/2f6a/i/2014/016/7/f/shadowrun_coyotes_by_jasonbehnke-d72ha2n.jpg)[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:33:14/12-26-16)
Nice, where did you find those?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (13:39:13/12-26-16)
She has cybereyes so they can look like anything.  Irris isn't quite so striking as that TBH
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (13:42:27/12-26-16)
Google images really.  I would type in a random string of keywords like Shadowrun, Cyberpunk, Male, Female, Decker, Rigger, Sniper, Elf, Modern, Cyborg, Fantasy, Dark, Soldier, Mercenary, Assassin, Magic, Magic Sword, Etc, and put the word 'Art' or 'Concept Art' at the end of the string and browse from there until I found something that matched up to what I had in my head.

Finding an image for Kynos might be next to impossible but I'm still trying.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (13:50:24/12-26-16)
Well I originally held this image in mind when I thought of her but I discarded it because it wasn't big enough and because the hair color felt off.

[spoiler](https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/ec/57/4b/ec574b6be700f9366dce3062468359f1.jpg)[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (13:59:51/12-26-16)
That's the one I was thinking of yeah
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:02:32/12-26-16)
Finding an image for Kynos might be next to impossible but I'm still trying.

Eh, not that hard with his armor:

[spoiler]
(http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maxh0t65fz1rdy3s5o1_1280.jpg)

[/spoiler]

If you ignore the body, one of those would also fit quite well:

[spoiler]
(https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/10/d9/5c/10d95c116446e2007157536819617cbc.jpg)

(https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/2b/91/80/2b9180b7d43450f4326d79ae72ab2ded.jpg)
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (15:52:49/12-26-16)
Very nice, but I never really pictured Simone as that good looking. 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (22:38:45/12-26-16)
Neither did I but it was the one that I felt fit her description and concept the best.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (16:50:09/12-27-16)
Every time the team is walking through dirt/blood/sewers Simone is having sex.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (17:05:24/12-27-16)
Technically we are behind you guys on the time table and we are going to be catching up at the Luna Security building on the following morning.  So we'll be on our way soon enough.  We'll all be wading knee-deep in blood and death together!  ;)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (17:55:56/12-27-16)
We went from the resteraunt to here, if anything you guys are a little ahead of us.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (18:03:39/12-27-16)
According to Gilga the events from the restaurant to the security building take place on the next morning.  Everyone went home and reconvened the next day.  I had thought that it took place right after the meeting but no you guys are 1 day ahead of us.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (19:59:43/12-27-16)
My bad let's just say that every time there is a gory description we have a sex description from Simone then  :P
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (20:04:30/12-27-16)
Don't worry, once I'm there we'll have ten times the amount of gore.  On my life I'll make that true!
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:34:24/12-28-16)
What can I say?  She is French and was left out of the other activity.  Not sure why, but there is it.  If her activities bother you, I can change it up a bit.  I do not want to embarrass or upset anyone.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (00:44:04/12-28-16)
What?  we just ate breakfast.  How did a whole day go past.  I had things to do other than the building if it was going to take 12 hours I would have done something totally different.  It would be nice if these things were made a bit more plain since we are on a time crunch.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (00:49:03/12-28-16)
It is an hour or so after breakfast, around 9 or so.
It's just that some had longer nights than others who battled an army of zombies and drones in the skies of Seattle, drugged to the gills, then crashed for a few hours and didn't get enough sleep at the time of the meeting.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (01:27:17/12-28-16)
Yeah and the one who crashed is saying that they are behind by a day.  It seems to me that if anyone is ahead it would be them.  I'll wait for Gilga to explain though.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (01:38:02/12-28-16)
Don't worry, it's the same day ^^ Just weird stuff going on with the mage, drugs, booze, lack of sleep and Magic don't mix well.
Just after waking up, Simone went to the farm with Nyx, then there was the breakfast at the Gates, and after that, some went to the security firm, Simone and Maxwell went to her van to sleep (and stuff), Nyx stayed at the Gates. So same day, and probably not even that much time difference at all.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (01:51:25/12-28-16)
In my defense I asked Gilga pretty much the same thing and he said that what's happening right now with Luna Security is on the next day.  I think he intended to point out that it takes place the next day or something and forget to make mention of it.  I'm also cool with the above theory that Sovereign's sense of time is messed up and him and Simone are on a different schedule.  Won't be until Gilga clarifies that I'll know for sure.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (14:08:38/12-29-16)
I received another confirmation from Gilga that the four of you (Kynos, Wheely, Irris and Ayato) are a day ahead of Simone and I.  We'll be catching up with you shortly providing medical and magical support.

Nyx is still at the Gates doing... something?  Nothing?  To be determined?  Up to her I guess.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (14:14:39/12-29-16)
Can I please do something in the 12 hours i've lost then?  I need to go bushwacking for a sniper position.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (16:00:20/12-29-16)
I received another confirmation from Gilga that the four of you (Kynos, Wheely, Irris and Ayato) are a day ahead of Simone and I.  We'll be catching up with you shortly providing medical and magical support.

Nyx is still at the Gates doing... something?  Nothing?  To be determined?  Up to her I guess.

I don't even understand how it's possible.
What happened between the breakfast (where everyone was!) and now?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (16:58:18/12-29-16)
After breakfest you left to investigate Luna and see if you can do anything about the RCC.

Maxwell and Simone never finished RPing the night before breakfest - they were in dialoge for a long while due to Mulcarn being busy. So, Simone/Maxwell has not RPed breakfest or Luna. I am fine with them either joining up - or sleeping until noon what ever you guys prefer.  Same way to Nyx, she can come to Luna after the breakfest, perhaps her way with words will get the people there more cooperative.

I hope it clearifies some of the confusion.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (17:13:37/12-29-16)
Nope.
Because before the breakfast, Simone was with Nyx in the farm.
Before that she slept with the farm's employee she went to dance with. The one from which they got the meeting, just after the briefing.

As for Nyx, she didn't go because she was told it was a stealthy infiltration / hacking, nothing she's has any business with.
And with no one asking for her (which is perfectly normal, there's no reason to ask for her at this point) she won't decide she has to go ^^
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (18:17:07/12-29-16)
I'm mostly echoing what Imladir is saying here when I say that's correct as far as I remember.  Maxwell and Simone were at the Breakfast Meeting at the Gates that took place roughly at January 13th 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM.  Give or take 30 minutes or so.  What happened afterwards (At least according to my original interpretation) was that Kernal, Wheel, Ayato and Kynos went to scout out and investigate the Luna Security building while Sovereign spent that morning and day with Simone.

We should be ahead of them and not behind them.  Did we pass through a time flux in all of this? 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (18:52:12/12-29-16)
Hanzo has nothing to add IC at this time if anyone is waiting on me.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:05:08/12-30-16)
I, too, think that Simone and Maxwell are ahead of the others on the same day.  Maxwell was getting some rest and something came up, but it is still the same day.  Simone might have set an alarm for the following morning, but they can be awakened earlier if the team needs the mage for support.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (08:11:28/12-30-16)
I'm not sure what's up with Gilga.  He hasn't posted IC in three days.  is he still running the game?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (09:59:42/12-30-16)
If I had to guess he's probably busy enjoying the holidays with his family.  He'll be more active come the new year.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (10:08:23/12-30-16)
Yeah I guess that's probably it.  Sorry if I'm coming across as impatient...I guess I was responding to Kynos's post.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (10:11:40/12-30-16)
I was thinking of giving you some time to catch up and bring everyone to the same timeline. I can push forward with Luna if you wish.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (10:15:53/12-30-16)
From Irris:
I'll do a once over on the guards and take anything they've got.

Care to explain a bit? what is Irris doing?

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (11:21:16/12-30-16)
A once over basically means a quick look.  So im doing a quick search of the guards and grabbing anything of value, in particular those things that Kynos had suggested in his previous post.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (15:20:53/12-31-16)
Couple of quick questions.  Is it just the people in the RCC room that are being affected or is it everyone in the building?  Also is the guy ignoring me and refusing to answer the question?

Will+Int preedged (http://orokos.com/roll/471272): 12d6t5 5  I didn't explode the sixes but I passed anyway
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (16:38:20/12-31-16)
Everyone in the command room, part of the reason they keep it sealed.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (17:46:22/12-31-16)
Oh, well Ayato is trying to question the guard/receptionist so can I have my edge back =D

Also is he answering my question or ignoring me?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (07:05:02/01-01-17)
Sorry I must have missed that question, he will answer you ofc. I'll reread and make a post this evening.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:11:19/01-01-17)
To all looters, you are not out of the room yet. The door was locked after you and well, considering circumstances you'll probably need to fight your way out. (or intimidate or negotiate or something).

@Wheely matrix perception to identify the icon you traced. 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:29:11/01-01-17)
I see,

what's the Armor and Structure rating of the door/lock?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (16:52:31/01-01-17)
Woops lol I was looking at Stuttrs and just wrote down his I used logic and Will for the roll though.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (17:12:14/01-01-17)
To find the RCC :
Matrix Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/471418) 9d6t5 3

To try to spot whatever is messing with my mates :
Drone Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/471419) 9d6t5 3

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (00:23:43/01-02-17)
Are you attacking Stuttr?  You may want to roll surprise.  If you are just threatening them maybe Intimidation.  To make it easier on Gilga, not that I'm running the game =P
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (07:47:21/01-02-17)
I'll have to read a bit for armor/structure (though you can ask them to open up).  To speed things up, if you find something reasonable for a heavy security door use it.
But yes, to leave unmolested with a bunch of expensive stolen equipment, and an unconscious/hot sim kidnapped rigger requires some either social rolls or combat rolls.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (08:01:45/01-02-17)
You can find data about Armor/Structure in the BARRIERS chapter page 197 of the CRB. For the security door it's likely a Reinforced Material, it's even listed in the examples:

Quote
Reinforced Material. Structure = 8 Armor = 12
Example: densiplast, security door, armored glass, Kevlar wallboard

You need to deal a total of 16 DV (after the door's Damage Resistance Test) to such a door to open a hole big enough to fit someone (2 square meter)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (08:14:37/01-02-17)
Alright. That's all I needed to know  ;D
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (08:27:35/01-02-17)
Intimidation check: Intimidation (http://orokos.com/roll/471553): 12d6t5 2[12d6t5=1, 1, 1, 5, 2, 1, 1, 6, 1, 1, 3, 4]
Yeah, that's a glitch ;D

Do you know the story of the paladin who wanted to intimidate an ork, fumbled his intimidation roll and instead professed eternal love to said ork?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (08:28:58/01-02-17)
Hehe, sure but it needed in fact a series of glitches on both sides to achieve that ;D

I probably should role initiative now...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (08:29:51/01-02-17)
Well, you're one step closer now than before :P
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (09:33:20/01-02-17)
Well I find it kind of silly that it takes Kynos less than a second to open a security door -but what can I do. I imagined something like several tense moments, hacking through the material like in movies. While bad things are happening inside that room, but well I guess that is not possible in SR.


Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (09:34:30/01-02-17)
That's the micro-welder's fault, otherwise it's not the same thing :o
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (10:02:22/01-02-17)
Outside:

Initiative order:
Ayato - 24  (feel free to declare action)
Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/471579): 13+2d6 22 - this is for the security guard.
For the secretary: Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/471580): 9+1d6 12


Inside:
Spirit:
Initiative spirit (http://orokos.com/roll/471581): 12+2d6 19 - materialize.
Irris: 13 - ???

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (11:16:13/01-02-17)
initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/471585): 6+2d6 13
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (13:26:21/01-02-17)
Updated the combat list.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (15:22:51/01-02-17)
Ayato attacks the guard Finishing move called shot to vitals

Finishing Move attack on guard (http://orokos.com/roll/471644): 14d6t5 3 14d6t5 2 Le sigh

Base 12 dv  -3ap
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (16:05:04/01-02-17)
Why did you roll twice ?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:34:07/01-02-17)
Well I find it kind of silly that it takes Kynos less than a second to open a security door -but what can I do. I imagined something like several tense moments, hacking through the material like in movies. While bad things are happening inside that room, but well I guess that is not possible in SR.

Would you be happier, if Kynos just kicked in the door?
Alternative: Kick in the door (Vitals Shot) (http://orokos.com/roll/471664): 12d6t5 4
9 DV base +2 Vitals (Attack Weakpoints) +4 successes.

15 DV - 11 after soak, plenty enough to fill up the 8 points of structure.

Being a shadow runner is all about being prepared for when shit hits the fan and always having an exit strategy. Kynos (at least as I envision him) is not a character that is easily contained or stopped.


Ini
Ini (http://orokos.com/roll/471661): 15+2d6 22
Kynos first action: Destroy door


Spirits first action is materializing at 19

Perception (Visual) w/wireless on vision enhancement (http://orokos.com/roll/471668): 9d6t5 1

Kynos at 12: Ready rifle, FA Burst Spirit with APDS and Vitals Shot:
Vitals Shot Spirit (http://orokos.com/roll/471665): 13d6t5 5 [13d6t5=2, 4, 6, 5, 5, 4, 3, 1, 6, 5, 4, 4, 1]
Reduced to 3 for visibility

DV 13 AP-6 + Net successes, -5 to defense for spirit.

That is, unless Irris ganks him before Kynos second initiative phase.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (17:09:06/01-02-17)
finishing moves gives an immediate second strike if the first deals damage although I did forget the +2 dicepool for the second shot.  Wouldn't have helped anyway missing 2 dice from second attack (http://orokos.com/roll/471678): 2d6t5 0
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (15:29:33/01-03-17)
@Jack clarification, Kynos sees no spirit - it is in one of the rooms there is smoke and he is with the back to it (as it materializes in response to him knocking the door). and his perception roll is not so hot considering. He'll see it soon enough...  I'll let Irris target it with 2 hits on perception.

@Ayato - the guard will use his stun baton to parry your sword:
Parry + Dodge (http://orokos.com/roll/471877): 19d6t5 5
He will then attack back: on initiative: 17

Strike Ayato (touch only) (http://orokos.com/roll/471878): 17d6t5 7 only 5 hits are kept due to accuracy limitations. Damage is 9S -5 electricity - and attacker wins on a draw.  The stun baton has reach 1 and I think the katana has reach 2 (so does not matter now, but Ayato should have +1 to attack  and the guard -1 to defend).


Continue resolving:
First pass at 12 the secretary, pulls an Ares predator and fires at Ayato:
Fire gun (http://orokos.com/roll/471879): 14d6t5 1
This does not look very bright:

So we almost have enough to resolve first phase. I am waiting for Irris to declare action - 2 hits on perception to spot the spirit, otherwise she can use a delayed action and start operating on phase 2 (or do something not directly combat related).



Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:52:53/01-03-17)
Yeah, I get that. That's why I wrote up the sequence: Opening door, Spirit materializes, Irris gets to act (which alerts Kynos), second Ini Phase, Kynos gets to shoot into the smoke (I removed 6 dice from the roll for bad visibility)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (16:39:34/01-03-17)
I will pop a kamikaze and go for my gun.  I believe those are both simple actions.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (17:59:30/01-03-17)
@Ennui
It would be more advantageous to pop Kamikaze in your last ini phase, as the drug will only start to work at the beginning of the next round. Hurting the spirit before it can act is by far the preferable option. 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (20:12:27/01-03-17)
Defense rolls:
Parry/Defense roll (http://orokos.com/roll/471932): 21d6t5 8 10d6t5 4

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (20:25:16/01-03-17)
perception (http://orokos.com/roll/471935): 7d6t5 2

Attack on Spirit instead then, called shot to vitals:
unarmed attack called shot to vitals (http://orokos.com/roll/471936): 12d6t5 3
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (00:27:41/01-04-17)
Irris can see that the spirit is a F6 spirit of air. (optional powers are elemental attack and energy aura)


Okay so I'll roll dodge for the sprit:

Dodge (http://orokos.com/roll/472000): 16d6t5 3 against Irris.  Miss - but contact was formed.  Irris should resist 12P -6 AP from the spirits energy aura. (I think it is electricity damage).

Dodge from  Kynos attack:

Dodge (http://orokos.com/roll/472002): 11d6t5 6 (took of -5 for FA burst).
so the bullets fly right through it or something cool.


We are on initiative phase 2: 
Kynos 12 (attacked spiirt and missed)
Ayato 9 (reduced 5 initiative due to parry action)
Guard: 7
Irris: 3 (attacked spirit and got electrocuted 12DV -6 AP)
Secratery:2

So go on declare your actions.
 

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (01:00:42/01-04-17)
defense (http://orokos.com/roll/472006): 16d6t5 7
Edge reroll:
karma reroll (http://orokos.com/roll/472007): 9d6t5 4
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (01:02:22/01-04-17)
Is it 1P or 1 S?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (01:03:36/01-04-17)
Oh and don't forget Teddy
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (03:24:02/01-04-17)
@Ennui
If your armor is superior to the DV of the attack it's Stun. If it is equals or less it's physical. So with 13 or more armor you take 1S (don't forget to apply the AP).

@Gilga
Just to be sure we are starting a gunfight in the middle of a commercial/residential area? We probably better prepare a quick getaway…
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (04:02:28/01-04-17)
I'm glad I'm not there, firefights are so not my area of expertise...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (09:16:02/01-04-17)
@gilga
Not that it matters, but the second attack against the spirit would incur another -1 to defense

Before I declare my last action, what is the spirit doing beside getting attacked?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (09:32:19/01-04-17)
I figured it would be stun but I wasn't sure if elemental attacks bypassed that in some way.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (09:59:31/01-04-17)
Nope, but I thought you had a gun on your person - attacking elementals in close combat is not a good idea (But you probably figured that out on your own  ;) )
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (10:37:46/01-04-17)
Well Gilga did say spirit not writhing ball of electricity.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:28:40/01-04-17)
Well I do not mind to let Irris change the action, when I wrote spirit I was not sure if you will spot it. 

@Kurim Yes you are in late morning in a densely inhabited area, so a pursuit is possible depending how long you take in there.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:30:24/01-04-17)
@Jack I thought it was per initiative phase the negatives - sorry, I'll pay more attention to it.
 

So Irris takes 1P or 1S depanding if her armor is greater than 18 or less than 18, she also takes -5 to initiative and suffers -1 to all actions.

Now to the spirit hold on: (will edit soon need to figure initiative)

We are on initiative phase 2: 
Kynos 12 (attacked spirit and missed)
Ayato 9 (reduced 5 initiative due to parry action)
Spirit 9:  Use confusion on Kynos 5 hits, resist with: will power + logic
Guard: 7 - (will probably attack Ayato - but Ayato goes first).
Irris: 3 (attacked spirit and got electrocuted 12DV -6 AP)  -5 to initiative.
Secretary: 2

So go on declare your actions.


Confusion (http://orokos.com/roll/472093): 12d6t5 5

I need an action from Ayato
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:24:52/01-04-17)
I'd like to note that you need Line of Sight for Confusion - for which aura sight is not enough (that's why security guards drop smoke grenades against mages) so unless the spirit has ultrasound vision, he would also get the -6 due to visibility

That said: This is the land of Confusion (http://orokos.com/roll/472099): 8d6t5 2
-3 to all actions until the spirit is slain (or my argument is counted and the hits are reduced ;) )
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (19:32:25/01-04-17)
If you are letting me have that back then I won't attack the spirit I will stick with my original action of going out to grab my gun and taking a hit off my Kamikaze inhaler.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (23:22:49/01-04-17)
Ayato attempts to put the guard betweem himself and the shooter and attacks.  Called shot to vitals. 
called shot to vitals (http://orokos.com/roll/472255): 15d6t5 2
and using edge to reroll that crap:
reroll misses with edge (http://orokos.com/roll/472256): 13d6t5 7 and that's my limit or 9 if the weapon focus levels increase accuracy, which I don't think it does.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (00:11:40/01-05-17)
Parry + Dodge (http://orokos.com/roll/472278): 20d6t5 8 (note that I took a dice off the guards defense pool as it is the second time he is attacked. Ayato should also take 2 dice from its defense pool as it is the third time he is attacked.  (Jack did I get that rule right?)

That guard is hit with +1 net hit,

Damage resistance (http://orokos.com/roll/472280): 25d6t5 5
I am not sure how much damage you do - so we'll resolve it afterwards. I think that Ayato does Str (7) + katana (2) + 2 called shot = 11 + 1 net hit = 12 damage,  so the guard takes 7 damage and he is at -2 wound penalty.
 
The guard attacks Ayato with its stun baton.
Strike Ayato (assume -2 wounds) (http://orokos.com/roll/472281): 15d6t5 5

The secretary will cast invisibility on itself.
Invisibility (http://orokos.com/roll/472282): 12d6t5 3
You resist the spell with willpower + logic - wheely's drone is not effected - may be unaware of the spell if he is still there.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (00:36:57/01-05-17)
Those people hiring mages as secretary, mais où va le monde!?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:40:09/01-05-17)
@gilga

Not exactly: Your defense is reduced for every additional attack until you act again.
So the spirit materialized, Irris attacked (or rather now she didn't attack, but you know what I mean), new phase came around and Kynos attacked.
When the spirit acted the penalty was reset.

@Imladir
I'm pretty sure it's just a disguise  ;D

Edit:
After declaring my last action for the round:
Ini Round 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/472335): 15+2d6 22
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (06:01:03/01-05-17)
@Jack did you resist the invisibility spell or applied -6 for blind fire ? Secretary is invisible.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:17:17/01-05-17)
Ah, sorry, forgot to post the resistance roll:
Resist (http://orokos.com/roll/472348): 8d6t5 5
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (07:22:35/01-05-17)
I am almost certain I saw an attack roll for 3rd ip but I miss it now.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (07:31:45/01-05-17)
@Jack:

dodge (http://orokos.com/roll/472349): 9d6t5 4 will be hit with +1

resist damage (no AP assumed) (http://orokos.com/roll/472350): 14d6t5 5 - not sure exactly how much - but is going to hurt.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:43:21/01-05-17)
@gilga
must have been someone else. Kynos only fired once before firing at the secretary

Dodge is at -5 (FA salvo)
so unless that is already incorporated in this roll  [9d6t5=5, 4, 5, 2, 6, 4, 6, 1, 4]
that would be two points of damage more

AP is -6
so  [14d6t5=3, 2, 4, 5, 6, 6, 3, 2, 1, 5, 2, 5, 2, 3]
So from the DV 12P you soak 3 leaving you with 9 P (or 11 P if the dodge roll wasn't modified yet)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (08:57:06/01-05-17)
If the drone sees it I'm assuming this is regular invis and cybereyes should see through it.  Also with Astral Perception I see through it is that correct?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (09:18:47/01-05-17)
I can still see the mage with my cyber eyes?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (09:20:22/01-05-17)
It doesn't give any bonus to resist the invisibility if that's the question.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (09:22:00/01-05-17)
Nope. As far as magic is concerned cyberware counts as natural part of your body and therefore is affected invisibility in either form.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (09:38:50/01-05-17)
@Jack I was not sure how you attack so I did not take negatives, secratery takes 11P and collepses on the floor. (let me just finish the 2nd IP).
I am looking for damage calculation on the guard, (from stut) and for a dodge on the guards last swing of the stun baton (5 hits).

Irris should also have an action I am not sure where her gun is.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (09:55:10/01-05-17)
resist invis (http://orokos.com/roll/472373): 8d6t5 3
Geek the mage narrow choke -1 defense called shot to vitals +2DV
Double Tap +1DV
AP w/ APDS -6
called shot to vitals (http://orokos.com/roll/472377): 12d6t5 6
Total of -1 to defense roll -6AP and 16DV base
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (11:28:45/01-05-17)
Wait, I thought the secretary was the mage  :o
Just how many people were there invisible?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (13:58:34/01-05-17)
There are two antagonists, the mage secretary that is going to be incapacitated and approaching death after Kynos, there is the guard that is not far from death.

I'll take it you want to shoot at the guard?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (15:08:57/01-05-17)
Oh yeah if kynos has taken out the mage then I shoot the guard.  Ayato brought my gun with him I assumme he dropped it when he attacked with his sword.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (23:09:32/01-05-17)
Katana is str+3 so 10 +2 for called shot and +1 net hits would be 13DV

Defenseparry (http://orokos.com/roll/472598): 21d6t5 5
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (00:19:54/01-06-17)
Since it is a touch only weapon you take 9S -5 AP electrical damage. (and lose 5 initiative)
This is for the guard:

Dodge (http://orokos.com/roll/472626): 13d6t5 5 - Irris hits with +1
Damage resistance (http://orokos.com/roll/472627): 20d6t5 10
So he takes 7 damage and is knocked out.


I think I got confused and Irris attacked the mage and Kynos the guard - because Irris was on IP 2, but nevermind for now.  Good work, you are on the clear for now.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (01:08:26/01-06-17)
Is nonconductivity added to the dicepool or is it automatic soak?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (01:13:15/01-06-17)
damage resist (http://orokos.com/roll/472636): 17d6t5 6
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (01:41:47/01-06-17)
Added.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (09:44:00/01-06-17)
Wow 20d6 after -6ap.  I want his armor.  Did the spirit fizzle?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (10:16:09/01-06-17)
I gave him: Orthskin x4  + titan bones  lined coat + gel packs and 5 body for 26 dice of armor + body.  He was no goon, an established shadowrunner.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (14:51:50/01-06-17)
I totally wasted my kamikaze=/
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (23:28:32/01-06-17)
Yeah I didn't think you'd need it, not sure why you took it TBH.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (23:52:57/01-06-17)
She's addicted, that's why! Any reason, any opportunity is good enough I guess ^^
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (06:51:04/01-07-17)
Small reminder : There is a "healing seat" with straps in the car, you probably better put the damaged rigger in that. And the one without seat should find something to hold on  :P

The Valkyrie module roll 12 dice to heal or gives 6 bonus dice with whatever malus gilga feels like giving if you try to heal him in a speeding car. Maybe just a stabilization test?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (03:16:56/01-08-17)
I will not have time for IC until eve but some information.

Ayato took 3 stun.

Wheely will be able to quickly get out of the forming traffic jam.
The rigger will tell you that he is linked locked and trapped surrounded by some sort of IC and will beg you to help him.
You have some moral dilemma if to try and rescue him or get away knowing that his connection to the host will eventually be violently cut down due to distance.
(not sure if it is a dilemma for you - but wanted to point it out).

Rotor drones soon appear in the sky, as well as GMC Doberman on road.  The RCC's requires marks to deactivate, the biggest problem is the RCC where the rigger is connected.

I hope it gives you something to work out with.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (06:49:37/01-08-17)
The safest choice is to remove the battery from the RCC, no more signal, no need for MARKs and doesn't require particular skill other that basic knowledge about electronics. But it means losing the Rigger and the RAM (or whatever equivalent) on the RCC.

If we can direct connect two people, Irris and I could probably get the Rigger out of here quickly, especially considering how fast it goes in the Matrix. Or Irris can try alone.

Last possibility is to dumpshock the rigger and turn off the wireless signal to try to keep whatever was going on the RCC.

The best possibility is the second imo, especially if we can connect two people.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:29:35/01-08-17)
Eh, personally I'm for getting the rigger out alive and shutting his RCC down. Fighting IC without a real killer attack stat is usually futile.

But do your thing. When it doesn't work we can try mine  ;)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (07:49:29/01-08-17)
Problem is, the Rigger is Link Locked so no way to get him out without taking down the IC. Note that Irris has a Cyberdeck so she has an attack stat. Wheely can't harm the IC directly but he can always support with actions like Erase Mark, Full Matrix Defense or Reboot Device (if the IC has a spider with it).
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (11:16:12/01-08-17)
Well, if we can manage to heal at least 6 points of physical damage on him, we can safely dumpshock him. If he can switch to cold sim a stimpatch will be all we need.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (14:12:16/01-08-17)
Quote from: CRB, p229
If you’re link-locked, you can’t use the Switch Interface Mode, the Enter/Exit Host, or the Reboot actions on the device your persona is using (probably your deck). You can escape with a successful Jack Out (p. 240) action. Successfully jacking out usually means suffering dumpshock, but at least you’re free.

So I don't think he can go to Cold-Sim if he is not there already. It's not perfectly clear since the Switch Interface Mode only talks about AR/VR, with no distinction between Hot and Cold sim, but I suppose it works that way too.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (15:11:21/01-08-17)
I can help but I am not a hacker.  I can help fight the IC but I probably can't do it alone.  Can wheels drive and hack at the same time?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (15:19:30/01-08-17)
Probably not. The rigger persona's is in the Host, to affect anything matrix-side you'd have to be there.
And the only options I see (sort of risking the dumpshock) once there is either to beat the IC, or remove the Mark(s) the rigger has on himself (or a Technomancer with a Resonance Veil to convince the IC the rigger is out but...). Which in any case would require an Attack rating not too low.

Other than that, one way or another he'll take dumpshock.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (16:04:20/01-08-17)
Are you close enough to have Simone help heal the guy or will the med unit do the job better?  She can race her van to some sort of rendezvous point and meet up with you guys.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:15:27/01-08-17)
After rereading the rules, there is nothing preventing the decker from leaving the host. Linklock only prevents him from switching interface mode and jacking out. Leaving a host is a separate action that is not affected. And since IC can't leave it's host...

@Mercy
That's a good idea, unfortunately I have no idea if you are within reach - otherwise I'd have also called our mage to come over and use the heal spell...

Wait a second. I just gave myself a brilliant idea.

Editing.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (16:17:07/01-08-17)
There is, it's in the snippet of rules I quoted earlier:

Quote from: CRB, p229
If you’re link-locked, you can’t use the Switch Interface Mode, the Enter/Exit Host, or the Reboot actions on the device your persona is using (probably your deck). You can escape with a successful Jack Out (p. 240) action. Successfully jacking out usually means suffering dumpshock, but at least you’re free.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:29:44/01-08-17)
Shit. No idea how I missed that part.  :o
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (16:31:02/01-08-17)
Selective blindness, you didn't want to see it probably ;)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:39:27/01-08-17)
In my defense: It's late where I am and I actually have more faith in Mulcarn's F8 Spirit of Man with Stabilize and Heal to keep the rigger alive long enough for him to tell us what we need to know.  ;D
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (17:29:23/01-08-17)
I vote for the spirit option.  You want me to hit him with the Kamikaze?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (04:05:33/01-09-17)
Don't think Wheely can drive & hack like that. BUT the car has an autopilot, we are not in hot pursuit yet so it should be doable if we are fast in the host.

Good thinking Kynos-san, since the rigger is still councious it means that he has at least 1 or more physical condition monitor boxes remaining. With a heal from the Valkyrie and the Spirit it should be enough to get him over the 6P from the Dumpshock.

Autodoc Healing (http://orokos.com/roll/473615) 12d6t5 3

Meh that's only 1 box healed, but it should also give a diagnosis of the patient health. Even if the spirit heal does not bring him back to full health he won't die unless he takes (Body) points of overflow damage (and the module can stabilize him).

A Dumpshock is 6P so best case is the spirit heals 4+ boxes.

@Mulcarn

Since your spirit only has 1 Service anyway can't you send him with a Remote Service to help?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (10:41:13/01-09-17)
My track record with failed remote services leaves little room for error.  Might as well make that one service count if at all possible.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (10:48:31/01-09-17)
Damn, let's hope we can hold on until you get here and the roto-drones do not get too much pictures of our pretty faces.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (11:01:55/01-09-17)
Since I'm in direct connection the device resist with his own Firewall, I'm not bothering with silent, no time for that and we are spotted as long as this RCC is runing wireless anyway.

Hack on the Fly x 3 (http://orokos.com/roll/473666) 3#16d6t5 5 4 6

You're hacking a Persona here (the rigger), not a device. Which means your speciality doesn't count, and it's not a direct connection either.
And you can only do so once you're in the Host yourself (at which point I'd recommand asking the rigger to invite marks on himself if you want to Mark him...).
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (11:11:17/01-09-17)
Ah damn you are right his persona go over the device. Inviting MARKs is useless since our objective is to turn off the wireless on the device and once we jack out the Rigger the MARKs will be lost (or do they transfer on the device? I doubt it but maybe). Let's just say that I slap MARKs as soon as I can safely yank the Rigger out and connect to the RCC.

Btw we've reached 60 pages of IC and 40 of OOC, yeay  8)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (11:13:41/01-09-17)
The Marks would be lost.
And once he is jacked out, he's... Well, not in the Matrix at all, so there's nothing to Mark anymore.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (11:15:54/01-09-17)
The RCC he is connected to is still ON with the Wireless running, and for what Gilga says the only way to turn it off it to MARK it, or break it I guess.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (11:17:02/01-09-17)
Oh, yeah.
I thought you still wanted to Mark the rigger, my bad.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (11:19:37/01-09-17)
That can't be right. Every device has a physical button to turn it off and reboot. Especially a RCC would want one to counter enemy hackers.
If it was a policy decision of that security firm to remove physical buttons from their gear, I'd say they rightly deserve to be wiped out....
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (12:12:34/01-09-17)
The spirit will be rolling 15 DP to heal the rigger and should net 4+ Hits.  Lady Luck be kind!
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:32:30/01-09-17)
@Kynos There is some, but a high end device and a reboot may cause harm to the person connected, you need some authentication to use it - fingerprint I assume. I would not just live a button that if someone clicks it I may get physically injured laying there, without security - but this is just me. The fluff of why you need a mark may be to fool the fingerprint scanner or whatever internal security the device has.

@Wheely you can buy hits for the marks, no problem you'll need a control device action and I think just one mark to turn wireless off. (free action). You have 3 wireless enabled devices that need to be hacked to turned quickly off.  It is going to take some time. We can abstract it to a combat round per one.

@The spirit will take some combat rounds but will be there by the time you find a parking lot. Parking lot -
For the right atmosphere I assume that Wheely could get the other two devices offline, and just need to get that one. The rigger can't invite a mark as he is not the owner of the device. (Luna security is) he was just granted marks to use it. (He cannot also transfer ownership and do other owner only actions). 


So what I want to say is roll initiative, you may have a bit of shooting to do before the spirit heals and the rigger is dump shocked, and wheely turns of the device.

Simone knows that the situation is not good, OOC he had 1 physical box left, and now 2 after you used the healing seat. I think that the heal from the spirit would increase your chances significantly, and wheely can release him with his own matrix actions (or by shooting the RCC - but then less loot for you).

Hope that clears things out ;)


Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (15:53:59/01-09-17)
Ok let's go for some rolls, the Hack are already done and ain't so bad so no reason to buy hits. Let's roll initiative to see how fast I go and Control Devices :


Initiative x3 (http://orokos.com/roll/473756)3#1d6+7 9 10 10

Control Device (http://orokos.com/roll/473754) 3#9d6t5 6 3 3
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (17:13:14/01-09-17)
Fine by me - we probably tried using the guys finger for the fingerprint scanner, right? (I mean he is the one who should be able to shut it off too)

By the way: Kynos has loaded normal Ammo for this occasion.

Ini: Ini (http://orokos.com/roll/473774): 15+2d6 21
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (19:51:53/01-09-17)
Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/473791): 4d6+10 26
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (19:58:45/01-09-17)
So I don't forget, my stats on Kamikaze are:
B5(7)
A11
S7
W5
 Init 6+4d6

init (http://orokos.com/roll/473793): 4d6+6 17  pfft of course.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:23:41/01-11-17)
Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/474303): 6#6+4d6 21 14 22 19 19 18

Initiative phase 1
:
Ayato: 26
Rotordrone 1: 22  Fire! (http://orokos.com/roll/474304): 9d6t5 3  - Fire at Ayato
Kynos: 21
Rotodrone 2: 21   Fire! (http://orokos.com/roll/474305): 9d6t5 1 - Fire at Kynos
Rotodrone 3: 19   Fire! (http://orokos.com/roll/474306): 9d6t5 4 - Fire at Irris
Doberman 1: 19   Fire! (http://orokos.com/roll/474307): 9d6t5 3 - Fire at Ayato
Doberman 2: 18   Fire! (http://orokos.com/roll/474308): 9d6t5 4 - Fire at Kynos
Doberman 3: 14   Fire! (http://orokos.com/roll/474309): 9d6t5 1 - Fire at Irris
Irris: 17

All drones are equipped with AK-97 with wireless enabled lazer sight. (I give them +1 from it) they locate themselves at 150 meters distance (try to take distance into account in your dicepool and have no cover).

The roto drones fire full automatic bursts -9 dice to defend, and are equipped with gel rounds, they do 10P -1 AP stun, and if you are hit you are probably knocked down.  physical limit is reduced by 2.

The Doobermans, are equipped with Defience Ex shooter taser with wireless enabled laser sight and are at about 10 meters distance. Their attacks do 9S -5 AP and (I think) that defender wins on tie, I am not sure so if anyone knows better correct me.

For fairness - since you already know what drones got a good roll - to keep it fair roll a dice to determine what drone you attacked. You can choose doberman or rotodrone at your leisure. Ofc. you are free to select rotodrone or Doberman at your leisure/tactical planning.  The cars should provide partial cover against both roto's and doberman.

The parking lot is relatively empty but there other cars there.  To speed things up feel free to roll for the drones, dodge and damage soak they are all unmodified. They attack with 10 dice, and the rotodrones cannot continue with full automatic burst, so what they will do in initiative phase 2 is seek cover (they'll get partial cover in ip 2 by rationalized by hiding behind a building/ trying to obscure your line of fire). In initiative phase 3 rotodrones will use full auto again, if they are still alive.

Wheely needs 3 initiative phases to finish turning the devices offline. In meatworld it will take 3 combat turns and the combat will be long over (but wheely can do VR if he likes).  What kind of car do you use? (I assume that Wheely cannot be targeted as he is deep in a van, but I reserve the right to target him in IP 2 if he is not in the back of a van). I hope I gave you enough to followup in the combat.

Mulcarn's spirit can materialize in IP1 if you like but it has 1 service.

Simone will arrive at combat turn 2 (if there is still combat), lets see how lethal you guys really are. ;)


Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:44:27/01-11-17)
Before I begin, how close are those flying drones together?
Because I have a mind to play a flak gunner for this  ;)

For the first Drone firing at Kynos:
Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/474316): 8d6t5 3
Evaded.

IF they are close enough together (within 3m, I'll try to take them out with an on target grenade:
Aim to reduce penalties to medium range
Heavy Weapon (Grenade Launcher) (http://orokos.com/roll/474317): 9d6t5 3
Drone Defense:
Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/474318): 6d6t5 2
Direkt hit for 16 AP-2 damage
Since body+armor is only 8 and their damage monitor is only 8 the one at point blank can't survive

The others (if they are max. 3 meters away from each other) get 10
Soak (http://orokos.com/roll/474320): 6d6t5 1
Soak (http://orokos.com/roll/474321): 6d6t5 3
One still alive with 1 box left


Just read your post, so ignore what I wrote up there.

In case they are further apart, Kynos will shoot only one flying drone
random drone (http://orokos.com/roll/474322): 1d3 3
No# 3 that would fire at Irris
Aim (150 is within medium distance for AR)
Shoot 6 round burst of normal ammo:
Shoot Drone (http://orokos.com/roll/474324): 16d6t5 4
Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/474318): 6d6t5 21 [6d6t5=6, 1, 1, 4, 3, 6]
DV 14 AP-2
Soak (http://orokos.com/roll/474325): 6d6t5 1
Drone no. 3 is destroyed

Doberman drone gets to shoot at Kynos:
Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/474326): 17d6t5 54 [17d6t5=2, 1, 4, 1, 4, 6, 6, 2, 4, 5, 3, 4, 3, 4, 4, 6, 5]
Avoided hit. (In a tie an electro weapon would normally get its touch attack, but with cover you'd hit the cover first and since you aren't doing penetration damage with stun damage it won't go through)

Second Ini Phase at 11
Drone 2 seeks cover and resets recoil
Kynos attacks "his" Dobermann
with Aim and a FA Burst
Shoot Doberman 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/474327): 18d6t5 3 [18d6t5=4, 3, 5, 1, 4, 3, 1, 3, 6, 1, 4, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 5]
Yeah, I've had better hits:
Drone defends at -5, so 1 dice:
defense (http://orokos.com/roll/474329): 1d6t5 0
DV 13 AP-2
Soak (http://orokos.com/roll/474330): 6d6t5 0
Dobermann is destroyed








Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:52:17/01-11-17)
about 15 meters from each other - any closers seems a bit risky for me.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:14:26/01-11-17)
updated my previous post.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (16:06:03/01-11-17)
Mulcarn did you roll your spirit healing? I'm waiting for that to jack out the rigger.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (16:13:14/01-11-17)
The spirit would have to materialize in the first initiate pass and heal on the second.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (21:24:59/01-11-17)
defense against doberman (http://orokos.com/roll/474413): 6d6t5 3

target doberman (http://orokos.com/roll/474414): 1d2 1 That's Ayato's doberman

Take aim and fire shoot the doberman (http://orokos.com/roll/474417): 17d6t5 4 blargh

dodge and soak for doberman (http://orokos.com/roll/474418): 6d6t5 3 6d6t5 1  15DV doberman down
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (21:30:27/01-11-17)
You're savages! Brutes!
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (00:16:00/01-12-17)
Full defense -10 init, pre edged defense against rotordrone (http://orokos.com/roll/474482): 11d6t5 3 rerolled 6s exploding 6s (http://orokos.com/roll/474484): 2d6t5 0
I don't know if knockdown rules apply on a tie
second defense defending again doberman (http://orokos.com/roll/474494): 14d6t5 8 evaded

aim and fire longburst (FA) 6 rounds at last doberman (http://orokos.com/roll/474492): 9d6t5 4

-5 defense dodge and soak (http://orokos.com/roll/474493): 1d6t5 0 6d6t5 4

14dv -4 soak for 10 damage...probably broken.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:21:58/01-12-17)
Initiative: 6#6+4d6 21 14 22 19 19 18

Initiative phase 1
:
 
Rotordrone 1: 22  Fire!: 9d6t5 3  - Fire at Ayato - missed (tie)
Kynos: 21 - killed iris rotodrone
Rotodrone 2: 21   Fire!: 9d6t5 1 - Fire at Kynos
Rotodrone 3: 19   Fire!: 9d6t5 4 - Fire at Irris  - did not shot - killed by kynos
Doberman 1: 19   Fire!: 9d6t5 3 - Fire at Ayato - missed - killed by Irris
Doberman 2: 18   Fire!: 9d6t5 4 - Fire at Kynos - missed (tie)
Doberman 3: 14   Fire!: 9d6t5 1 - Fire at Irris - missed - killed by Ayato
Irris: 17 - killed doberman
Ayato: 16 -(full defense + killed Doberman)
I hope I resolved correctly this is what I have.
IP2:
Rotodrone 1: 12 Partial cover (12 dice to dodge)
Kynos 11 - will take out  doberman 2
Rotodrone 2: 11 Partial cover (12 dice to dodge)
Doberman 2: 8

Irris: 7
Ayato: 6

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (22:24:29/01-12-17)
Oops. I'm afraid I misunderstood.  I guess I'm used the passes being based on the tens position.  like 20's are the first pass teens the second and so on.  I thought I was firing on the second pass or I would have shot at the roto drones instead.  Oh well, you live, you learn.  I will hold my action until the roto-drones come out shoot again.

Aim and Fire aim and fire (http://orokos.com/roll/474814): 17d6t5 5

I'll let you take care of the defense I don't want to assume anything.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (23:11:20/01-12-17)
and I thought getting the -10 for full defense would set me back a pass lol.  I will also hold action until they come out.  Then Aim and fire a 6 round long burst.

aim and fire long burst (http://orokos.com/roll/474822): 9d6t5 0 awesome.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:40:14/01-13-17)
Kynos will use his last ini phase to change position and shoot at one of the drones in cover. Same procedure as before: Aim and short FA Burst:

FA Burst (http://orokos.com/roll/474863): 17d6t5 9  [17d6t5=6, 5, 3, 6, 3, 6, 4, 6, 4, 6, 1, 5, 6, 2, 1, 6, 4]
Nice, right to the limit

Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/474864): 7d6t5 3
DV 17 AP-2
No chance for the drone to soak:
Soak (http://orokos.com/roll/474865): 6d6t5 0
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (06:52:02/01-13-17)
I join Imladir that you are savages, couldn't you use Stick-n-shock so I can scrap some drones  ::)

Not like we would have the time anyway  :(
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:03:10/01-13-17)
Where we are going there will be enough drones for everyone.
And no, I only serve APDS or Normal  8)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (20:57:03/01-13-17)
If there were time we might have brought their muscles corpse with us to strip the cyberware =P
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (07:48:21/01-14-17)
Triple that for me.....you guys are truly savages.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (09:08:04/01-14-17)
Wait... I destroy about half a neighborhood and I get not a word.  Meanwhile you guys poke some holes in some robots and you're all hailed as menacing.  I see how it is.  Challenge accepted.  I must reach new depths of brutality from now on.  Endless misery will be the better part of my day.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (10:08:45/01-14-17)
In your case I didn't day anything to be polite. I wouldn't have used tame words like brute or savage.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:09:15/01-14-17)
It's not just brutality, you also need style and precision  ;D
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:42:19/01-15-17)
Sovereign is one fragging scary mage.  Simone has seen some of the news feeds from the previous night and is more than impressed.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (02:10:11/01-15-17)
She's sleeping with sovereign.  she has to think that contractually.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (02:57:01/01-15-17)
LOL  SO far, it is just one passing event.  She is waiting to see if he is like all the rest of the men she has had in her life and rather expects him to chuck her over now that he has made his conquest.  She does not begrudge him that he might do this................isn't this the way men are supposed to act?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (20:43:18/01-15-17)
By my count we killed all six drones, we each got two.  Which one didn't make it?  Is it wounded?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (21:06:47/01-15-17)
@Ennui - One fled away when the other five got shot down.

@Jack - I've been precisely killing all in sight with fire magic and spirit's.  All the while sporting a cool stylish jacket.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (01:10:18/01-16-17)
Mulcarn I see that is what he said but my count says we each shot down two as well.  I'm wondering which one wasn't destroyed.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (11:06:56/01-21-17)
Hey guys ;) It is not that I want to rush you, but you all seem awfully quiet. for a few days.

Is there any input you need for me? 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:02:46/01-22-17)
Yeah, I wanted to give the others a chance to question the rigger.

But if get this right than the guy has no valuable info for us except that the vamps attacked him and his co-workers (which we already knew) and have potent matrix support (likely Red)

it would be neat if he could give us info on the drones at the farm, but all in all this was probably a waste of time (at least we got some shiny gear to flock later).

Now we have two options: Hit the farm according during the day and then withstand the vamps when they come at night or wait for the vamps to duke it out with the farm and than come after them while they are still organizing.

I'd prefer the first option since that allows us to lay a trap, but I'm open for ideas.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (06:11:48/01-22-17)
Simone is listening to the questioning but does not have any questions to add.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (08:57:53/01-22-17)
The rigger did tell you that the attackers were after a list of locations protected by Luna, meaning if he has Luna's rigger stuck in limbo for a couple of hours, he could attack several businesses while only dealing with autopilot drones. 

With Kynos intimidation roll I'd assume that you too can get the list of locations.  They have proto drones for the outside and several well-armed bumble bees for secure facilities.
Inside the facilities they relay on Steel Lynx with automatic weapons and grenade launchers, as well as sword-wielding walker drones (forgot the name - but I think I replaced their swords with stun batons as it seemed less pink mowak than a sword wielding robot. ).  They also maintain a relatively large array of flying eyes for recon purposes to position the combat drones better - but these things are out of Luna's job. They provide extra riggers when a facility is under attack - they are not in charge of the physical security.

Why have just one rigger on site rigger when you are a com call away from having several of them, jumping around the drones.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (09:45:46/01-22-17)
Is the farm on the list of places that they watch over?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (09:47:21/01-22-17)
Indeed, this is how Wheely was able to trace Luna's physical location - and link it to the RCC he saw in the farms host.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (10:34:17/01-22-17)
Ares Duelists are the samurai walker drones with the twin sword/katanas.  Manufactured by Ares Macrotechnology to act as a supplemental guard for night shifts mostly.  They were styled after Renraku Red Samurai for comedic reasons and as a giant middle finger to Renraku.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (15:03:12/01-22-17)
Figured they are going to be hilarious while driven off like a rigger and dodging like a real samurai ;)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (15:27:01/01-22-17)
Sorry I didn't warn you but I didn't had much time this week and until around he end of the next. I don't have questions for the rigger anyway and unless Casa gives an answer I was driving to the Brain Eaters stronghold.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (15:28:02/01-22-17)
I don't have anything else to add to the interrogation.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (15:34:45/01-22-17)
Casa is not available 24/7 he'll get back to you in an hour or two. I mean - he can organize a safe house - but it takes time, and well you already have a prisoner in your car. You'll have to store him somewhere before Casa can arrange a transfer.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (07:51:54/01-26-17)
Hey, I have some time again to post, sorry for the delay.

Gilga you didn't have to make Casa reply right away, as I said if he didn't reply I'm going to the Brain Eaters as Kynos suggested to finish the interrogation and sort through the stuff we've got at Luna (and maybe sell some of this to the gang?).
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (12:34:50/01-26-17)
Well I wanted to get you out of your deadlock. It is not that crucial and with the forums down for so long, I was afraid I was going to forget about it.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (03:28:44/02-02-17)
@Mercy, Ennui, Mulcarn I think it's your "turn" to play

@gilga There is one question I want to ask for the Matrix. Since the RCC is more or less controlling the drones would it be possible for Wheely to use it (through a Control Device maybe) to give orders to all the drone at once? Something like "Go into passive mode" or "Shoot everyone on sight". Else I will probably just turn off the RCC so the drones have to work on their Autosoft (which is likely much weaker than the one on the RCC).
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:56:46/02-02-17)
You could do that if you kept the RCC's in place -- and Luna would not know that they were compromised. 
Once you moved them then Luna got an alarm - and sent drones to tackle you. By now the RCC networks are already emptied and, and the drones are either out of order or slaved to another device. (they lost the RCC at least fetch the slaved drones to cut their losses).
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (16:20:13/02-14-17)
Hi friends, you seem awfully quiet recently, Is anyone waiting for me ?

if you are busy take your time no pressure ;) I have not heard from Sturt for a while, are you still with us?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Stuttrboy on (23:57:45/02-14-17)
Yep.  Ayato doesn't talk much I should try to emote every once in a while though, sorry.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:09:00/02-15-17)
Simone is waiting for Devon to show up, but I think that is still an our or so away so I am just being patient.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (08:13:37/02-15-17)
I'm waiting for the bluff from Simone to be either successful or not, Sovereign to cast his spells and finally for the Vampires to show up, so we can go to town.  ;)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (10:48:43/02-15-17)
So I'll wait for Nyx to do what she plans before moving you 2 hours into the future.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (12:17:46/02-15-17)
Mainly waiting for the whole gang to be there before I make a move.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (15:11:04/02-15-17)
I got nyx a ride I say she just gets here if theres no objection.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (08:22:14/02-17-17)
hi guys, weekend is kind of a bust for me. I'll put up a post after the weekend.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (11:33:46/02-24-17)
OK, I am a bit confused.  It seems that the posts from Jack, Kuirem, and Stuttrboy are including Kynos and Ayato as going forward, but Simone was right there and ready.  Are we leaving her behind at the house for some reason?  Maybe I do not understand the plan.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (11:45:47/02-24-17)
I thought Simone was our Medic and back up. I didn't realize you were up for front line and infiltration duty.

Kynos replied to Simones message: <<Do what you think is best, but I'd prefer it if you'd just taze and tie him up so you are available during the operation - because if someone from this team lies bleeding on the floor you might find yourself in an unseemly rush to get from your date back to the action.>>
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (11:49:24/02-24-17)
I am set for back up and medic duties, yes.  I was just not sure if I was waiting at the house or closer to where you guys were going in.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (12:22:56/02-24-17)
Considering that Mulcarn established Simone and Sovereign to share the van again and him applying the touch spells, I'd say you are back with the team near the staging point of our assault  :D
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (13:08:21/02-24-17)
OK.  Sorry for the confusion.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (13:09:44/02-24-17)
Sorry about that.  I figured Simone was going to be part of the infiltration strike and that is why I included for her to come with us.  Sovereign was going to have to sit back and wait due to Spell Sustainment because he'd be dead weight otherwise.  Also considering that Ayato, Kynos and Simone are all pretty good at sneaking and stealth take-downs I had thought she'd be part of the first phase of the assault.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (13:48:05/02-24-17)
Actually, Simone is not all that good at sneaking and might just alert someone, so she is better left behind to support people if they get hurt.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (14:31:25/02-24-17)
10 DP for Sneaking (12 for Urban) plus a -8 DP Perception penalty due to the Concealment power... it's why I thought Simone would be there with Kynos and Ayato.  Of course if i'm wrong then i'm wrong.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (16:01:33/02-24-17)
I'll post when I figure out where everybody is and what are you trying to do.

 Specialization Urban does not apply as you are sneaking in agricultural settings, greenhouses and fields.
If anyone cans sum up it is great otherwise I'll do so myself.


Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:04:41/02-24-17)
Assuming we started out from a secure point outside the farm perimeter,

Kynos and Co move under cover of Invisibility/Concealment/Sneaking towards the main building, trying to avoid patrols. Once there we gain entry to the building and find our way downstairs to the command center

At least that's my plan so far.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (16:33:06/02-24-17)
Noëmie stays with Irìs to do nothing. Oh no wait, she's her spotter ^^
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (20:18:46/02-24-17)
I'm covering insertion team with the sniper rifle, in case anyone needs to be removed from a post.  Nyx can keep an eye out on the surroundings to alert us of any suspicious activity.  Did we decide who was taking out the tower?  Wheels or am I doing it?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (21:55:25/02-24-17)
I had forgotten the -8 mod to see me and was only looking at the 10DP.

So Simone is waiting at the van in case anyone needs backup here or at the farm.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (15:28:35/02-25-17)
Wheely is going on the field but let the others ninjas in front to open the way. Not sure about the tower, I guess we try to get to the control room and if we can't take down the tower. So it might be up to Irris if it comes to that since Wheely will be underground.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (16:42:00/02-25-17)
Gotcha.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (02:49:00/02-27-17)
Nyx + Irris - on the roof of Devon - Irris is disguised with a blanket in the roof how does Nyx plan to stay stealthy?

Kynos, Ayato  sneaking toward the bunker.

Wheely - in his car a kilometer or two away - trying to send a drone as backup to Ayato/Kynos?


Simone - in the van next to wheely?


Where is Maxwell? With Simone?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (12:21:01/02-27-17)
Sovereign is accompanying Simone to either her van or Devon's house.  Up to Mercy to say which one.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (14:43:16/02-27-17)
Am I really that unclear?  :(

Wheely is following them with his drones and his body but not his car since it wouldn't be really sneaky, aim is to get to the control room to get a direct connection.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (15:41:51/02-27-17)
Ayato stands ready stuttr cant get a good connection to this website but he reads on my phone and I can relay messages.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (09:24:21/02-28-17)
To my knowledge, Simone is in her van with Sovereign.  The van is still at Devon'e house.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (15:30:55/02-28-17)
I do not mind that - but as a friendly GM remainder I do not see that as a reasonable behavior - Devon lives in a good secure neighborhood.  If you park your van and stay in it for so many hours you are going to be harassed by police - the neighbors will start complaining and so forth. I mean - two runners  seating all night in a van, infront of a house.  it draws the wrong kind of attention. You need to move by and not appear like you are stalking Devon. I cannot just let you stay there until 4:00 am without consequences.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (15:53:32/02-28-17)
As for the drone combat:

the doberman has -3 to perception tests and rolled 2 hits on sneaking.
The drone that spotted him has 10 dice for perception test -3 yields 7.

Perception vs doberman (http://orokos.com/roll/491063): 7d6t5 4

so the drone is discovered:
First attack is free - as you ignored the drones thinking you are invisible and then initiative. (wheely can still dodge it).
FA burst:
FA burst -9 to dodge (http://orokos.com/roll/491079): 9d6t5 4

Damage is 10P -2AP

Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/491077): 9+4d6 18
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:47:06/03-01-17)
Hey.  I had thought by your earlier description that he lived on the edge of nowhere and had no neighbors.  Does he have a garage we can park in?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (03:24:13/03-01-17)
@Gilga Just to be sure :


No point to roll the dodge dice, it's down to 0 with the FA Burst. Now it's up to the doberman armor to absorb the hit.

Doberman's Damage Resistance (http://orokos.com/roll/491317) 8d6t5 4

So a total of 10P more than enough to reduce the poor 8 Monitor Boxes of the doberman to shred.

Wheely won't leave his drone's death unpunished, not sure if the drone has spotted him yet but he will still shoot at the drone with his silenced Ares Light Fire. So Take Aim + Fire Single-Shot.

Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/491318) 1d6+7 10
Shooting (with 1 Take Aim) (http://orokos.com/roll/491319) 15d6t5 7

Damage is 4P -5AP and Electrical (so half the damage goes into Matrix Monitor as well)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (03:28:35/03-01-17)
He lives on the edge of the farm so he is the first line to the greenhouses and fields, but he is not the only one living there it is a densely populated city. I assume Rich people would like some scenery for their houses. No garage - the man walks to work.

As for Wheely - he can dodge for the Doberman in the remote control. (you can roll perception for the Gerbil as well - even teamwork if you prefer a boost to your own).  Just to clarify there is a large number of drones and only the Doberman is spotted.  If Wheely opens fire it may escalate to a large scale conflict.

Dodge (http://orokos.com/roll/491321): 9d6t5 1
Drone is hit with +6 net hits
so damage is 10P.
damage resist (http://orokos.com/roll/491322): 4d6t5 1

Drone is toast, lucky Wheely.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (03:31:28/03-01-17)
Oh, my bad I thought only one drone was in our surrounding, then yeah it might be better not to shot, yet. Wheely will stay down for a moment and crawl to get away from where his drone is down. I've changed my IC accordingly.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (03:34:13/03-01-17)
Just one directly above you but a large automated fleet above your heads.  Okay I'll assume the drone is not blown to pieces.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:28:45/03-01-17)
Point of order:

Kynos is invisible. That was the whole basis of the plan, which is why I'm actually a bit annoyed that we were joined by non-invisible units.

But again, what's done is done. And since I don't want to burn my way into a bunker, I strongly favor the evading option.
What exactly does Kynos have to do to get that result? 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (00:09:13/03-02-17)
oh right! Well Kynos needs to do nothing unlikely that he'll be seen anyhow, being invisible ninja with concealment. The rest should break LOS with the road and either wait it out behind some greenhouse or find an alternative path,  by first distancing from the drone and then trying again.
 
There are also the Tractors if wheely wanted to get creative with hacking and do something more creative than hiding.

Oh and ofcourse - Irris has a sniper rifle and could just disable the vehicle or kill the security guards or force them into cover. Though in that case she risk exposing herself.

So I say you have plenty of options - some better than others.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (07:21:24/03-02-17)
@Gilga Do they have a communicatino device such as a Micro-transceiver or does it looks like they use their Commlink? My objective is to Snoop (see CRB 242) it to get more intel. I have little interest to alert more than they already are right now and I won't use the tractors unless they start getting close to my position (though I assume the greenhouses are large enough to hide).

Just in case let's slap 3 MARKs on one of the tractor :

Hack on the Fly x3 (http://orokos.com/roll/491604) 3#14d6t5 4 4 7
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (08:42:54/03-02-17)
They have comlinks without a larger tactical map, but you can snoop inside one of the comlinks if you like.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (11:08:57/03-02-17)
Let's try to snoop into the one that has the more activity :

Hack on the Fly (http://orokos.com/roll/491644) 14d6t5 5
Snoop (http://orokos.com/roll/491645) 9d6t5 1
Second Chance (http://orokos.com/roll/491646) 8t6d5 3
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:36:16/03-02-17)
I'll wait a bit for Irris/Ayato and Nyx to post and then continue with Wheely/Kynos - want to give them at least an opportunity to comment/interfere and handle the lights going on on the house below them/the firefight etc.


I am also kind of waiting to see what Maxwell/Simone are doing but they are on a slightly different timeline.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (03:48:43/03-04-17)
defense (http://orokos.com/roll/492218): 9d6t5 3
defense snoop (http://orokos.com/roll/492219): 9d6t5 4

So Wheely managed to place a mark but failed the snoop operation with a tie (nothing happened).
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (14:43:00/03-05-17)
I didn't get that part :

Quote
your limp body is simply tossed behind one of the farms

Did someone move my body or something? I did say I was hiding it, not just going limp in plain sight.

Also a precision : Snoop last as long as the target is marked and I planned to get out of VR as soon as I knew the snoop was succesful to be ready to move again. And of course transfer any important data to the team.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:55:55/03-05-17)
Oh alright ;) than ignore that part it has no mechanical effect. Sure you're hidden (how well is a disguise roll), but you should have some time.

I'll wait for the matrix part to be resolved before I continue with Ayato and Kynos.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (15:00:50/03-05-17)
Is there no way to get into the greenhouse or an other building? My aim was to be completely out of sight.

I just had an idea, can I still spot the roto-drone who shot my Doberman? I could probably hack it and jump into it, then shot near the patrol so they think the drone is going "crazy"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (15:39:06/03-05-17)
You can do so, roll edge to see if you are lucky enough to still identify it. You can get into the greenhouses but they are high tech and automated with sensors and drones operating them.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (17:00:26/03-05-17)
Ok I had in mind some old school greenhouse, my bad. Here is the Edge roll :

Edge (http://orokos.com/roll/492519) 3d6t5 1
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (06:45:49/03-06-17)
Okay go ahead and hack the drone it defends  with 9 dice for any operation.  I'll continue with the story once the drone incident is resolved.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (12:34:34/03-11-17)
The farm is an office building - not very fortified, glass door which is closed with a simple combination lock.

After the glass door there are security posts for cyber/metal/SIN scanners which are inactive and then there are elevator which lead to the underground facility. At floor level there is the chicken farm (behind the office building) and some marketing and public relations offices.

You can assume that there are also stairs somewhere but you have not seen them.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:11:13/03-11-17)
Does the lockpicking skill suffice to open the lock unnoticed while being invisible, or would it be necessary to take out the guards/distract them to have a chance to do so? 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (16:00:01/03-11-17)
Lockpick is alright, sequencer should do the job as well - or even hacking the door.  You can do it invisible though I'll give the guards a perception roll to either spot the door opens or hear you tempering with the lock.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (05:36:23/03-13-17)
Those rolls, for god's sake thos damn rolls! Don't count on Wheely for a while he is crying in a corner after getting beaten up by a door with SEVEN dice to resist.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (05:55:28/03-13-17)
At least you'll know that the doors are solid once you secure the place. ;)

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (06:17:56/03-13-17)
We both know that the next time someone will try to hack it it will roll 0 on its defense roll.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (07:45:53/03-13-17)
Could be worse.  Be thankful you don't have to worry about knocking yourself unconscious or otherwise crippling yourself every time you try and hack something.  Then not only did you not succeed but you become dead weight for the rest of the team.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (08:34:30/03-13-17)
Be thankful you don't have to worry about knocking yourself unconscious or otherwise crippling yourself every time you try and hack something.

That definitely happen with hacking, not every hacking but failed attack actions send back biofeedback in your face, and you can't even roll to resist it.

And failing a hack can be much, much worst than failing a spell depending on the context. Here it's relatively safe because the Matrix is a mess with the host down but normally failing a Sleaze means getting a MARK on your face, generally followed by link-lock, IC attacks (with non-negligible chance to end up unconscious) and some security guys converging on you and your team position.

And that's if you are lucky! If you are unlucky/carefree you get demiGODs/GOD convergence on your position and that means you better run fast.

Not saying that these things can't happen with magic but it at least needs an active magician assensing the area at the time of the fail (or a big enough explosion) while all that in the Matrix will happen semi automatically.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (08:57:35/03-13-17)
Didn't mean to imply that hacking was risk free or easier.  Technically nothing is.  Meant it more along the lines of - "At least you haven't critically injured yourself yet or someone else for that matter."  :P
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (09:06:56/03-13-17)
Given how my dices are going and that I only have 1 Edge left I expect the "YET" to come sooner than expected but that might be Wheely pessimism doing the talking.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (09:08:51/03-13-17)
Speaking of Edge, I wanted to ask Gilga if my edge pool has refreshed yet or am I still sitting at 0?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (09:18:23/03-13-17)
It's moments like this where we could use a charismatic leader granting teamwork bonus dice to counter the damaged moral of the runners.

Don't you have an agent you could load for a bit of teamwork support?

Kynos has his microwelder, but for obvious reasons I'd like to avoid using it.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (09:36:47/03-13-17)
It might come down to the microwelder if the guards don't have a passcode or keycard we can use.  Unless you want Sovereign to summon a fire elemental to create a convenient troll-sized hole through it.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (09:56:25/03-13-17)
Nope no agent sorry.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:00:08/03-13-17)
Alright.
Plan B it is than:

Can you take control of the two dummy drones? Or maybe Dataspike them with three marks, Fork, Hammer and whatever else you have to take them out in one strike. Kynos can bash in the skull of one of those guards, while Ayato or Irris can take out the other one.
But whatever you do, do it as silently as possible!
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (10:03:08/03-13-17)
You get once per day if you had a good night sleep and a good meal. Kind of encourages you to live rather than be dug in a hole all the time.  I can refresh you one edge for sleeping with Simone - should qualify as a good night regardless of how much sleep you got. ;)

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (10:25:23/03-13-17)
I can Format them with Fork followed with Reboot. They will be done without the fizzing that come with Bricking. Doesn't even need to spend nuyen to repair them if we want to get them up again later.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:54:02/03-13-17)
Ok, if you can do that reliably this would be great (although I think you need three MARKs for that, so it might be even harder than hacking the door.)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (11:12:31/03-13-17)
I have 16 dice to place MARKs and 13 for Format/Reboot. Of course I have to make 5 rolls in total so nothing guaranteed.

Let's roll them here before going back to IC :

Hack on the Fly x3 (http://orokos.com/roll/495672) 3#16d6t5 4 5 4
Format + Reboot (http://orokos.com/roll/495673) 2#13d6t5 4 5

If they resist with 9d6 there is a decent chance for it to work…
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:06:54/03-13-17)
Resist (http://orokos.com/roll/495753): 5#9d6t5 3 3 4 4 1


4 VS 3 --> 1 mark for Wheely.

5 VS 3 --> 1 mark for Wheely

4 VS 4 --> nothing happens.

Format 4 VS 4  nothing will happen (perhaps Wheely takes matrix damage (?!)
Reboot 5 VS 1 - will suceed - but we're not there yet.

So Wheely needs 1 more mark and 1 more try for format.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (15:06:34/03-13-17)
And thats just for one of the two or are they a linked pair?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (15:15:45/03-13-17)
So close and yet so far. Format is a Sleaze action if you want to apply malus for failure.

Hack on the Fly (http://orokos.com/roll/495770) 16d6t5 6
Format Device (http://orokos.com/roll/495772) 13d6t5 2

I will roll an extra Format Device right now, so we don't waste more time with the Matrix stuff. At worst I get a MARK on my face and I will clean it by rebooting my RCC

Format Device (http://orokos.com/roll/495773) 13d6t5 6

@Ennui that's for both because I'm using the Fork program.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (15:25:26/03-13-17)
Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/495778): 3#9d6t5 4 1 3


Welcome, drones hacked and formatted.  (if you use Fork you can just hack one and double on everything. )
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:52:06/03-13-17)
Alright. As soon as Kynos sees the drones shutting down, he sneaks up behind one of the guards and slams his fist into the neck of the right guard:

Sneak Attack (Vitals) (http://orokos.com/roll/495792): 12d6t5 3

11 DV + Net successes

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:31:31/03-15-17)
LOL  It sounds like Simone might be good for something after all.  I need a sign....."Sleep with Simone and get an Edge back!"
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:32:03/03-15-17)
Is anyone else having trouble with DS?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (00:58:46/03-15-17)
It seems to be down for me.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (01:59:46/03-15-17)
Damage resistance (http://orokos.com/roll/496443): 26d6t5 9

So he takes 5 stun damage,

and roll initiative.  Kynos, Ayato, Irris, Nyx (if she can interfere - I allow a leadership skill to augment the sniper fire... e.g. spotter. ), and Wheely.

Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/496444): 2#12+2d6 22 22
Initiative order so far:

Guard 1: 22
Guard 2: 21 (-1 wound penalty).

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (03:58:19/03-15-17)
Wheely will pass thankyouverymuch, I'm still 500+ meters away from the entrance and don't have the range to help them anyway.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (04:45:12/03-15-17)
Damn. Should have used the taser. Oh, well...

Ini (http://orokos.com/roll/496468): 15+2d6 27

Just noticed, I didn't factor in superior position in my first attack, since the guy is positioned under Kynos.
Strike guard #1 (Vitals) (http://orokos.com/roll/496469): 14d6t5 3 [14d6t5=3, 4, 6, 1, 1, 6, 2, 4, 2, 6, 4, 1, 3, 3]

How do you handle Invisibility in regard to defense? Normally if you can't see an attack coming, you don't get defense against it except for cover.

Rolling Soak for the Guard: Guard Soak (http://orokos.com/roll/496471): 26d6t5 2 [26d6t5=2, 3, 3, 5, 2, 4, 2, 4, 1, 1, 3, 1, 2, 5, 4, 2, 4, 4, 2, 1, 4, 4, 1, 4, 2, 1]
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (07:22:36/03-15-17)
The first attack you made the victim was unaware so I didn't give him a defense roll at all. In combat time,  I'll give them -6 dice pool penalty due to the invisibility spell, but they'll get a defense roll like normal.  Of course, if you disengage from combat you may gain more unresisted attacks.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (09:25:09/03-15-17)
Ennui will snipe the second timing it with Kynos.

Sniping guard (http://orokos.com/roll/496490): 15d6t5 6
assuming unaware that's 18P -5AP
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (09:29:09/03-15-17)
Stuttr would like to know how you handle stealth attacks.  does he need to make another stealth roll to position himself to attack from hiding?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (16:39:01/03-15-17)
Nope your stealth roll is a success invisible or not, it gives him a free attack. The guard did not spot you.

I still need Ayato's/Irris initiative though.


For Irris:
dodge bullet (http://orokos.com/roll/496603): 12d6t5 3
dodge bullet (http://orokos.com/roll/496604): 21d6t5 10

So the guard takes 8 physical damage, he is still standing due to the oddity of SR.
Though the sheer force of the bullet would knock him down. (I think)

How many hits did irris had on disguise roll? did she factor range by the way (image magnification helps and so forth?)

As for kynos, guard will use block he has 12 dice to doge -3 from wounds, +5 unarmed skill so he's at 14
dodge Kynos (http://orokos.com/roll/496606): 14d6t5 3
second attack is a miss.

Surprise round:
Kynos swings and hits guard 2. (5 stun)
Irris snipes and hits guard 2.  (8 physical)
Ayato  - (attacks guard 1? need to resolve)


Initiative order:
1. Kynos 27 - attacks and misses guard.
2. Gurd 1: 22: - (was attacked by Ayato need to update).
3. Guard 2: 14 - (22 -3 wounds, -5 unarmed block or parry with the weapon. he has 5 ranks in close combat).

?. Irris
?. Ayato
?. Nyx
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (00:29:33/03-16-17)
Irris initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/496797): 8+3d6 19 Do I get the +5 from Nyx?

Ayato initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/496798): 4d6+11 27
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Imladir on (00:54:27/03-16-17)
Leadership (http://orokos.com/roll/496804): 10d6t5 5
Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/496805): 7+1d6 13
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (09:38:02/03-16-17)
I factored in range.  since the goon was unaware would he be able to dodge?

Ayato will attack the second guy using finishing move assuming his first attack hits.

Sneak attack; finishing move (http://orokos.com/roll/496856): 18d6t5 4 20d6t5 10

Assuming unaware first attack is 14P dv-3 and second is 19P-3 since his physical limit is 9 20 if the weapon focus increases his limit any.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (11:56:39/03-16-17)
I decided to give him a dodge roll for Irris -in SR people can dodge bullets... She is in a good position as they only have assault rifles.
damage resist (http://orokos.com/roll/496888): 23d6t5 7
so he takes 7 stun damage.

dodge (http://orokos.com/roll/496890): 16d6t5 4
damage resist (http://orokos.com/roll/496892): 23d6t5 4
Then he takes shitload of physical damage - he is bleeding out cold and dead by Ayato's first initiative round.

Yes feel free to add the +5 from Nyx - she was there at the surprise round too.

Seems like you pretty much nailed the situation.  Ayato's guard did not even get to act, and Kynos guard may fire his rifle but no more than that.

Kynos the guard fires his AK-97 at full auto but completely misses your direction:
Fire AK-97 FA burst (http://orokos.com/roll/496893): 8d6t5 0

I assume that he'll be dead by his turn unless Irris and Kynos and Ayato have extremely bad luck - so let's conclude the initial combat here. You nailed it and knocked down the two guards. Feel free to IC it, I am not very bright with combat descriptions.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (10:50:36/03-18-17)
@gilga don't forget that Wheely icon is warped as a Tractor and Kynos link is likely silent so the spider might not be able to spot both so easily. Well since you've already roll I will assume that he did spot us and I will resist, then go AR and Jack Out.

Resist Matrix Damage (http://orokos.com/roll/497381): 11d6t5 1

Urgh, it's gonna hurt. Time for that last Edge.

EDGE! (http://orokos.com/roll/497385): 10d6t5 3

Welp RIP RCC time to Dumpshock:

Dumpshock Resist (http://orokos.com/roll/497390): 5d6t5 0

I knew it wasn't my day.

Forgot the defense roll, not that it will change much with 15 damage

Matrix Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/497396): 10d6t5 1

Edit : Nevermind it's just enough for my RCC not to get bricked but I took so much in one hot I will keep the description with Wheely assuming (wrongly) that his RCC is down
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (11:41:09/03-18-17)
@Well The decker had several precious seconds to notice that something was wrong. Ethernity in combat rounds. Wheely's icon is like a tractor when all attention is for rouge tractors. Just saying...

Wheely rolls 1 hit in defense so he is hit with 8 + net hits (6) =14 damage.
Which is lowered to 10 as matrix damage - so his RCC is survived this, which means that Wheely should not suffer dumpshock. (There was no biofeedback to the spike).

Kynos had 5 hits in defense so he need to resist 10 matrix damage.

You are attacked by an Erika deck with modified attack to 5 overclocker 6 and a hammer. (+2 damage).  This is how I got to DV 8 + net hits, limit is 7 due to practice practice practice. Matrix guy loves his data spikes.

Since Kynos only takes 2 matrix damage I kind of missed his damage resist roll.


@Anyhow I'll give some time to Irris,Nyx, Simone and Maxwell to decide how they are going to handle their situation and if they want to approach the bunker,  also would be nice hearing from Ayato.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (11:46:09/03-18-17)
Ah, sorry, I misread your post and thought that was already the damage
Resist (http://orokos.com/roll/497402): 12d6t5 6

So it's 4 matrix damage instead. Everything else stays the same.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (11:50:30/03-18-17)
How much distance can Kynos message cover in micro transceiver?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (11:53:07/03-18-17)
From the core book:

Micro-transceiver: This classic short-range communicator has been favored by professional operatives since the 2050s. It doesn’t do anything special, it just lets you communicate by voice with other micro-transceivers and commlinks that you (and the other person) choose, within a kilometer. The micro-transceiver consists of an ear bud and an adhesive subvocal microphone (p. 439), both of which are commonly available in hard-to-spot designs. Wireless: The micro-transceiver’s range becomes worldwide.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (12:59:21/03-18-17)
Just making sure you know my sniper rifle has a suppressor.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (13:38:13/03-18-17)
Just ignore the part about taking damage then, but my RCC can't do much more before I repair it since it is at 1 damage to get bricked, so Wheely will still get back to the car, not much he can hack with a Commlink and he doesn't want to risk bricking his RCC.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (16:23:03/03-18-17)
Are you guys going to send Kynos alone (with Ayato?) against a unit of military skilled professionals a mage and a decker? 

I was thinking you'd like to join them in the takeover part.


PS Wheely - even if the device is bricked you can repair it normally. So no risk of financial loss there.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:35:25/03-19-17)
If the plan changes.  Right now I am chasing after Devon and may have to deal with that issue.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (05:11:14/03-19-17)
@Mercy

How exactly does one carry a combat axe non-threateningly :o

Also, why are you going for Devon? Isn't he supposed to be in his apartment? And why do you think the drones won't start shooting at you enter the compound?
Finally, why are you leaving your team during a combat operation?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (12:13:58/03-19-17)
Whoa there.  Have I interpreted an IC post wrong or have you? 

I will agree that it is hard to carry a combat ax in an nonthreatening manner.  That was sort of tongue in cheek.

I do not understand at all the comments about being shot by drones as I enter the compound or about leaving my team during a combat operation.  I was told that Simone sees Devon getting a shotgun and heading to his roof where the sniper team is.  I am following after him to make sure that he does not interfere with what we are doing.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (12:54:56/03-19-17)
Now I'm confused.
Weren't you with Sovereign in your van, keeping him company and staying in position should we need back-up?

Sorry, maybe I missed a post somewhere.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (12:59:20/03-19-17)
Yes, I thought I was.  But there was a post where I was told that Simone sees Devon get a shotgun and head to his roof.  I just played it that he must have come outside and looked up on his roof and saw something.  I was just responding to the post.

The post in question is 1058, I think.  Bottom line.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:04:57/03-19-17)
Ah, now I see. There was an Edit I didn't catch.

Still, calling out in the night during a fire fight is not the most sound tactic  ;)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (13:08:16/03-19-17)
Sorry.  In my mind I was warning them by com.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (18:29:29/03-19-17)
Stuttr says Ayato will help with the breaches.  He has small unit tactics and can help with teamwork tests.  I don't know what dice to roll though.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (18:36:38/03-19-17)
Ask Jack what to roll - but you guys are so deadly to obstacles that I'll just assume you go around and kick doors in your path. It just makes you any less stealthy.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (19:15:51/03-19-17)
Stealth went out of the window the second this decker spotted us and set the building against us.

Small Unit tactics are good and Kynos has them as well, but at the moment Dynamic Entry is the only one that makes sense:
Teamwork check wit SUT+Int, 4 successes needed, benefit is +1 to attack  to us - so not really worth the trouble.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (19:39:07/03-19-17)
If anything Wheely is within the 1 kilometer range and will send a message from his Commlink (running Silent Of Course).
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (01:24:58/03-20-17)
Let me know.  I'm keeping him filled in while he's at the hospital.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (01:50:15/03-20-17)
Jack it is not a physical barrier but a ward - as in the ritual. You cannot pass because of the magical spell and the micro welder will not help in this specific case. Though if you push through I think that either the spell or the ward will collapse (probably the spell).  I am not around  book so I am a bit fuzzy on the actual mechanics.

The main group is near Irris which is approximately 1.5 kilometers away on top of Devon's roof. Give or take - a few 100's meters, she is  at the edge of her sniper rifle range.
You could use Wheely as a relay, which works if he positions himself approximately in the middle, and won't work if he returns to the car. (which will take him some time by foot.)
 
oh and I hope Sturt feels better soon! Sorry to hear that he at the hospital.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (05:12:50/03-20-17)
If it's purely mana based, a mundane type like Kynos wouldn't even notice the barrier until he walked through and the invisibility spell collapses. Only dual natured types would be stopped.
The general rule is: If it interacts with you, you can damage it. Either it has a physical component or it affects only the astral.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (05:39:43/03-20-17)
Alright, I'll make the rolls in the evening to see what happened.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (06:19:29/03-20-17)
Meanwhile I'll delete my last post. ;)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (08:19:00/03-20-17)
In regards to the mana barrier and its interaction with the sustained spell - Since Kynos is walking through it with a sustained spell, you make an opposed test of Force x 2 [Force] for the spell vs Force x 2 [Force] for the barrier.  On success the spell passes through no problem and the barrier is temporarily disrupted.  On failure the spell is disrupted and on a tie they are both disrupted.

Oh yeah, sorry I've been gone for so long.  I couldn't access the site for the longest time and I eventually just straight up rebooted my laptop and that fixed the problem.  Came back to find 10-15 IC and OOC posts so i'm catching up.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (09:15:27/03-20-17)
Please remind me the force of the spell?
Barrier vs spell (http://orokos.com/roll/497936): 12d6t5 4
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (09:32:45/03-20-17)
F5
Taking the liberty to roll for mine
Spell Force x2 (http://orokos.com/roll/497960): 10d6t5 5[10d6t5=4, 3, 5, 1, 6, 6, 6, 1, 6, 2]


Rousing himself from sleep at Kynos' message and alarm.  Maxwell stops to check in on Simone before treading outside.  Shadowing behind the driver seat where she waited, he crept up next to her and said.  "Rise and shine love.  Time for your part in this play.  We are to meet Ayato and Kynos outside."  Promptly exiting the van, the mage and surgeon reconvenes with the others.  Albeit with a little sluggishness to their gait.  One quick look was all he needed to work his spells.  Starting with the cranky elf.

[spoiler]Force 5 Improved Invisibility (http://orokos.com/roll/489116): 12d6t5 2
Drain Resistance (http://orokos.com/roll/489117): 11d6t5 6
No good let me try again.
Force 5 Improved Invisibility (http://orokos.com/roll/489119): 12d6t5 4
Drain Resistance (http://orokos.com/roll/489120): 11d6t5 3
Better.  Going to sustain that version and will take 1 Stun Box.
Remember that BGC will knock off one point of Force.  Not that it matters considering I got 4 Hits anyway.[/spoiler]

A second attempt on his invisibility spell was called for after his first felt lackluster.  Content with his work, Maxwell walks a few steps forward and places a hand upon Ayato's shoulder.  Weaving mana into a subtle defensive boon for the adept.

[spoiler]Force 4 Combat Sense (http://orokos.com/roll/489125): 10d6t5 5
Drain Resistance (http://orokos.com/roll/489126): 11d6t5 5
Force limits the spell to 4 Hits.  BGC lowers the Force by 1, further reducing the scored Hits to 3.
Going to sustain the spell.  Add +3 DP to your Physical Defense and Surprise tests.  Also you're guarantied a Surprise test no matter what.[/spoiler]

Sustaining all that magic had begun to takes it's toll upon the mage's mind.  Forcing him to use all of his mental reserves to focus on maintaining the spells.  Lest they'd collapse inward and dissipate.  Issuing an astral command to his spirit was paramount for the next step.  "Mourn, turn to me and conceal the four of us till I say otherwise."  Removing his hand from Ayato, he turns around towards the direction of the sniper nest.  Before leaving he says.  "I've done my part.  Now is the hour for yours.  Let me know if you need some extra firepower and I'll conjure a true nightmare."
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (12:43:49/03-23-17)
Irris, Nyx Maxwell, Simone - are you still with us? I am waiting for your input to continue the game.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (12:51:58/03-23-17)
Sovereign is following Simone from the astral.

Simone is stopping Devon by chopping down the ladder.

Irris and Nyx are chilling up top on the roof trying to remain "Incognito".
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (13:08:46/03-23-17)
Last I saw simone confronted the guy climbing to the roof.  Im up top shooting at anyone who will try to get into the bunker.  If I wasnt clear I apologize.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (15:53:00/03-23-17)
Sorry I missed these posts don't know how. I reposted to give you some things to work with.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (23:40:11/03-23-17)
Give me another leadership test Nyx.  I can use it in case I have to start dodging.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (12:03:24/03-26-17)
Okay let's do initiative please.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (13:13:31/03-26-17)
Simone Initiative:  Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/499584): 13+2d6 25  25 and 3IP
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (13:23:51/03-26-17)
Not to complain too loudly, but is there a real reason why the controllers of the drones were able to select the rooftop targets immediately as the concealment went away?  If they were looking at Devon on the ground, how did they see the two on the roof in time to target them?  Also, they are not directing any fire on the huge spirit?  Just questions I am interested in knowing if you considered.  If yes, you do not need to explain why, as I am just interested in knowing if these things were taken into account.

Also, I thought that Simone was also under a concealment sustained by Sovereign that he put on her at the same time he did Kynos and the rest of the advance party.  Again, if that is not so, it is OK.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (14:02:33/03-26-17)
okay wow so a lot has happened in the last few days.  Sorry I was without internet and phone for a few days.  I have some questions but first things first.  Initiative. Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/499593): 3d6+8 15

I was assuming I got surprise on the drones since they hadn't seen us yet and as I understood it it would have taken at least an observe in detail simple action then a complex action to use suppressive fire.  I thought I would have at least a chance to do another action. 

A hit the dirt action should be available to anyone that isn't unconscious in VR or projecting unless this is house rules.  This is how I understood it to work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wxwmXDyP0U (this whole series is pretty awesome just FYI) but since it's 2 meters tall I would think hopping off the roof would at least be an option.

If this is a house rule I will use a point of edge for the lucky cover and get behind that.  I hope I don't
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:03:57/03-26-17)
Because you fired from there multiple times already, including once on these drones. The only thing protecting you was concealment and some basic disguise. This rendered detection impossible for a while due to -8  dice pool penalty (the drones only have 9 dice for it).  Once the concealment was gone it became automatic - suddenly all sensors pick up something there.
Think on the still warm sniper rifle from multiple shots, the two ladies on the rooftop where no life signs are expected, disguise only goes as long as you are not firing from there.


On the plus side, with so much attention to the outside, Kynos is unlikely to encounter reinforcements on his way inside.

Initiative order:

Smone: 25
Rigger Drone: 22
Drone1: 18
Drone2: 18
Drone3: 18
Drone4: 18

Irris,
Maxwell
Ignis



Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (14:08:21/03-26-17)
Modified Initiative is a 6 then.  Did I need to spend the edge or not?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:17:17/03-26-17)
Sure no problem on dropping from the roof as hit the dirt. A gymnastic (1) test to fall in a good manner tough. (You get cover anyway).  Even 2 meters are quite high when you are rolling due to gunfire rather than taking it slowly.  It will be -5 to initiative though, cool video by the way.

Smone: 25
Rigger Drone: 22
Drone1: 18
Drone2: 18
Drone3: 18
Drone4: 18
Irris: 10
Maxwell: 
Ignis:

No edge spent.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (19:49:45/03-26-17)
Sovereign: Astral Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/499665): 12+2d6 19

Extra Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/499676): 1d6 5 - I forgot to add the extra die so my initiative should be 24.

Ignis: Astral Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/499666): 16+3d6 28

Newly summoned spirits arrive "nearby" in astral space.  They need to spend an action to materialize.  Afterwards they switch to their physical initiative.

My Edge test will be an automatic fail because of Spell Sustainment.  How many soak tests am I making?  Two?  And whats the Armor Piercing value on the attack/s?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (20:02:03/03-26-17)
OK.  As I understand it, I can use my free action and go prone to avoid any damage from the suppressive fire.  As the fire is only effective while the firer is not moving, does it go away as the drones close in?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (21:04:43/03-26-17)
A hit the dirt action is an interrupt action and you get a -5 to your initiative,  Since it's a complex action to use suppressive fire the drones shouldn't be moving, but there is a patrol coming.  Gilga may have something else up his sleeve though so I could be wrong...I hate to assume but you have to do some of that when playing by post.

gymnastics (http://orokos.com/roll/499738): 12d6t5 2
At least I'm getting the crap rolls out of the way I guess.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (22:28:39/03-26-17)
I am surprised that all this was coming to the house to protect one vegetable salesman.  I wonder if he is more important that we think he is?  Anyway, you have a rifle, right?  Can't you remain prone and shoot these things?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (12:45:19/03-29-17)
You still with us Gilga?  You've been kinda quiet for a few days.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:39:11/03-30-17)
Looking for initiative and so forth and then the site is unreliable.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (11:21:39/03-31-17)
Initiative is at the bottom of the last page.  No promises on the site stabilizing however.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (13:44:18/03-31-17)
Looks like Mercy is up first
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (05:18:27/04-04-17)
@gilga there might have been a slight misunderstanding there. Wheely is trying to join Simone, Mulcarn and Irris to help with the patrol (and check that my car isn't scratched) not the bunker. In both IC and OOC I honestly don't see how I could help Ayato and Kynos with a half dead RCC, I would probably just get in their way.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (18:03:58/04-04-17)
Oh in that case you'll be there only after the patrol (the car is much faster), so I'll wait for Irris, Nyx, Simone and Maxwell resolve the patrol first.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:24:15/04-05-17)
How far away is the patrol?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:27:06/04-08-17)
about 1km at 60-30km per hour will be with you in 1 or 2 minutes. I'll need you to resolve this before  I continue with Kynos and Ayato as I allowed them to get a bit ahead in time.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:42:10/04-11-17)
What is the makeup of the patrol?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (02:02:09/04-11-17)
A toyota gopher with two in the front and two in the pick up box. The Gopher is driven manually.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (05:43:28/04-11-17)
@gilga

Three things:
- How far are the barricades away from the elevator doors? Are they in direct line or around a corner? Remember, Kynos shot as his first action pepper punch down the hall - depending on the ventilation they should be affected, especially since Kynos will fire another one when he rounds the corner (Unless of course the security guys all wear full body armor with chemical seal)

- Since you already used the drones in your first ambush, you can expect Kynos to not take any chances and just hose down the corridor with the drones  with suppressing fire - provided the drones can't take cover (otherwise I'd have to split my dice pool)

- We are still invisible since the spell shorted out the barrier and not the other way round.

Log+Wil (http://orokos.com/roll/505007): 8d6t5 3 [8d6t5=6, 2, 1, 5, 2, 1, 2, 6]


Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (06:25:02/04-11-17)
1. About 30 meters down the corridor.  Yes I am aware of the pepper punch.
2. I think that only Kynos is invisible - right? 
3. I do not think Kynos has any problem taking out Vacuum cleaner drones, feel free to buy hits as they are not sophisticated enough to dodge your bullets. (It'll still require a bunch of actions, though you can split dice pool quite a bit and generate a hit. (or use suppressive fire and possibly hit them all). Though I more of seeing them coming toward you from nearby rooms rather than from the direction of the security. 

Security guards wear gas masks and slightly lighter armors than your full body armor (They are difficult to come by legally).
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (06:38:02/04-11-17)
Ok. Just remember Pepperpunch has also contact vector, so gas mask alone won't help them.

Suppressive fire will take the whole round but is probably the best solution to keep the guards from firing and kill the drones at the same time (What are the barricades made of? APDS will probably penetrate their cover too)

Suppressive Fire (http://orokos.com/roll/505016): 17d6t5 6 [17d6t5=3, 6, 3, 6, 1, 1, 3, 6, 1, 3, 2, 6, 6, 6, 1, 4, 1]

so -6 to everyone's actions and an EDG+REA roll to avoid being hit for the drones (which likely means no chance to avoid)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (07:19:34/04-11-17)
Well suppressive fire has a direction, so either you fire at some of the drones or fire at the guards. Let's wait for Ayato.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:36:52/04-11-17)
I assumed this was a corridor towards the elevators with only one direction.
Could you sketch a quick layout so we aren't confusing each other?  ;)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (07:56:44/04-11-17)
Attached is an hastely drawn map of what I had in mind. This floor is essentially living quarters + operation rooms. There are six rooms, (each will have two pairs of military style beds (one on top of the other) and few crates with personal belongings.)

As you approach operation past a certain point the drones begin cleaning the corridor and for some reason head directly toward you. You did not post a perception roll but I assume that you did not spot the security guards and we should wait for Ayato to see if he spots them and give him a chance to react.


Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (08:22:56/04-11-17)
Ah, now I get it.
But in that case we'd probably have checked the rooms left and right before we move past them - from what you wrote I assumed they would swarm us the second we move out of the elevator.

But yeah, with -6 to perception (I assume you meant real noise not matrix noise) I don't have enough dice left for 4 successes. I assume thermo and low light vision wouldn't help.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:12:46/04-11-17)
Fair enough, but would you really shoot at a bunch of roomba's ?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:17:00/04-11-17)
After they foamed us earlier? Yeah, just to make sure it doesn't transmit a sensor feed to this damn hacker.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (14:39:58/04-11-17)
Stuttr says he would have laid down suppressive fire as soon as the door opens..  when I get home tonight i'll roll his checks.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (17:58:40/04-11-17)
So let's remove the number of roomba's to 3 as you cleared the first two rooms and as you wanted to continue the rest of the roomba's come to you and you shoot them.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (19:51:56/04-11-17)
Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/505339): 12d6t5 7  Ayato sees everything,  Stuttr will lay down suppressive fire for the initial combat pass...I'll roll initiative just in case initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/505341): 4d6+11 27  Oh wow I guess I missed that you need 4 hits and a -6 to dicepool.  Would noise interfere with a visual perception check?

Oh and the Log + Will roll is for what he might want to pre-edge that.  If we don't get to know here it is.  Log+will (http://orokos.com/roll/505348): 7d6t5 1
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (01:58:41/04-12-17)
Alright, the log + willpower is for a mana based illusion spell, but I will not tell you which one exactly.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (05:47:23/04-12-17)
Interesting. If its mana based would the thermo-vision in Kynos' glasses be able to pierce the illusion - or at least show a discrepancy with heat signatures where nothing is visible?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (06:18:04/04-12-17)
Well it fools your mind so it does not matter what you see - you do not comprehend it. If it is an invisibility spell then your eyes do see the man (he is not invisible) but your mind ignores it.  Lets keep them for simplicity as illusion spells that only affect metahuman observers while the spell active. (regardless of the hardware they use). I think being almost identical in drain to physical illusions this is the balanced approach.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (07:54:36/04-12-17)
What is the makeup of the patrol?
A toyota gopher with two in the front and two in the pick up box. The Gopher is driven manually.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (08:50:10/04-12-17)
Alright. Once the drones are done,
Kynos will stealth forward and see what's up with that barricade and if it's in need of some more grenade love

Stealth (http://orokos.com/roll/505513): 12d6t5 4
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (17:12:27/04-12-17)
Sorry I've been gone for so long.  Got laid off at work about a week and a half ago and have been busy since.  Is anyone wanting on me?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (23:43:21/04-12-17)
Stuttr won't edge it but he would like to remind you that he is observing Astrally.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:17:44/04-13-17)
Sorry to hear about the job situation, Mulcarn. 

As for needing you, yes.  There is a patrol vehicle approaching us.  Four people inside it.  Two in the cab and two in the back, like a pickup truck I guess.  Simone is waiting for them to come closer so she can wade into them, but would not mind if your massive spirit was able to do something to them as they head in.  The sniper might also get a shot in.  Simone is sort of limited as her gun is a shotgun.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (02:07:57/04-13-17)
I'll need an assensing roll for Ayato.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (08:30:36/04-13-17)
Okay, we are in combat, the first phase was Kynos and Ayato taking out the roomba drones, and the guards opening fire. I assume that Ayato warns kynos of the threat so nobody is surprised.

I am also unclear of whether or not the guards resisted the invisibility spell of Kynos - but I rolled resistance 4 or more hits the spell holds and Kynos is invisible.

Initiative order:

Ayato: 27 - fire at roomba.
Guard 1:  28: fire at ayato (9 hits --> may be reduced due to accuracy of AK-97 with smartlink). Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/505846): 10+5d6 28
Guard 2: 22 Fire at Ayato 2 hits.
Kynos: 21
Guard 3: 19  Fire at Ayato 1 hit.
 Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/505843): 2#6+4d6 22 19

We'll resolve the attacks and begin the combat from initiative 2, I am assumign that Ayato and Kynos took down all 3 roomba's in initiative 1.

Phase 2:

Guard 1: 18
Ayato: 17 - (providing he is not wounded)
Guard 2: 12
Kynos: 11 - fire HE grenade. 3 hits
Guard 3: 9

Mulcarn, that is harsh I hope you find your place soon. We'll be waiting for a while.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (09:41:16/04-13-17)
Ini (http://orokos.com/roll/505856): 15+2d6 21

Ok. Kynos will fire an HE Grenade in the direction of the shots

Grenade Launcher (http://orokos.com/roll/505857): 7d6t5 3[9d6t5=5, 2, 5, 3, 3, 1, 6,]
Direct hit:
16P AP-2
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (09:57:19/04-13-17)
How large is the blast radius?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:01:52/04-13-17)
16P at the center, every meter -2, so at 8 meters there is no blast left - unless of course the walls are sturdy enough to reflect the blast. In that case it gets complicated and likely a bit messy...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (10:06:14/04-13-17)
Well they are, some of them are at least.  this is an underground bunker so external walls won't break.  I'll try to figure out what a grenade will do in there when I am home near books. Take into account that it is possible that the two of you will take some damage as well.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (23:08:54/04-13-17)
Defense tests.  I don't know how many successes Mulcarn got on the combat sense so I just rolled plus 4.  Even removing the last 4 on both rolls he easily dodges though

Ayato doesn't have assensing but he's not trying to assense anyone so I rolled him an intuition -1 Assensing? (http://orokos.com/roll/506183): 3d6t5 0  That's a critical glitch.

He'll shoot guard one with an aim and 6 round burst.  shooting the guard (http://orokos.com/roll/506186): 11d6t5 3 10P +net hits AP-7

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (01:39:13/04-14-17)
You don't need assensing to spot something in the Astral, aura are really obvious.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (05:57:35/04-14-17)
Based on your sketch, I get the following calculation:

The whole corridor is 30m long as your prior statement. The drones began to attack when we were about 10m in, Kynos went to stealth further and the guard began to fire. Since one guard had a definite Ini advantage, I assume that Kynos didn't get more than 5m, so about half way down the corridor.

Targeting the far wall, that means, Kynos faces the blast into his direction as well as the door of the operations room (assuming a bunker door with armor greater 18 so it isn't affected by the blast).
That means there is a wave of 16+16=32 DV coming at Kynos, losing 2 DV per meter. At 15m that leaves 2 DV.
(The explosion vectors to the sides are irrelevant since those are reflected at 180° back and forth)
Soak Explosion (http://orokos.com/roll/506247): 29d6t5 7
Kynos could be up to 18m in without suffering damage.

Now for the guys behind the barricade (I assume the barricade did not in fact slow down the explosion in Kynos direction otherwise it would be even less damage in his direction)
I realize your sketch is likely not to scale, but the proportions indicate a 1 to 5 ratio from wide to length, leaving the corridor at about 6 m wide.

Now it's getting interesting: 16 DV travelling 3m to each side will lose 6 DV and reflect with 10DV reaching the center with 4 DV and dissipating before it reaches the other side. But there are two walls and the ceiling (I'll leave the floor out since that should be included in the base damage) which I assume is 3m high for conveniens so the center gets 16+4+4+4+16 from the door behind, creating a pressure point of 44 DV.
Whatever was there, now it's a fine paste.


Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (09:06:30/04-14-17)
30m from the elevator is good and you are attacked roughly in the middle, let's go with your calculation. The problem is the grenades on the roombas that are likely to also go off by such a strong explosion. No mechanics for that though, lets assume that two of the drones are not effected, atleast not initially. The farthest drone grenade will trigger however. Causing another explosion closer to home (on your side of the barricade).

What will happen if it another fragmentation grenade explodes about 5 meters from Kynos? 
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (10:13:32/04-14-17)
The mechanics for additional grenades: when two grenades detonate at the same time, you add to the first one half the DV of the second, and improve the AP by 1 (same thing if you have more than 2)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (12:13:56/04-14-17)
Yeah, that would mean it's 18 DV +5AP + 1 DV -AP1=19DV AP+4
-5 m = 14DV AP +4

Soak (http://orokos.com/roll/506309): 35d6t5 10

Kynos takes 4 S
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:11:48/04-14-17)
@Irris - Ayato also needs a defense test against a shot with 7 successes, did you miss that? (I only see 2 defense tests). 
(Damage is 10P + net hits -2AP).

A critical glitch means that Ayato does not recognize the illusion spell, instead he thinks that there might be a powerful spirit in the room.
(You need to assense a spells signature to identify that there is an illusion spell effecting you).

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:15:22/04-14-17)
Oh and thanks for helping me with the grenade stuff!
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (14:27:47/04-14-17)
@Ennui - The Combat Sense spell I casted earlier had 3 hits on it.  Also, you had a question earlier I meant to answer but couldn't about the spell and the mana barrier/ward.  Depending on how close Ayato was to Kynos, he would have just walked through the barrier after the spell on Kynos disrupted it.

@Jack - Isn't Chunky Salsa fun!

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (15:49:06/04-14-17)
Guard 1: 18 - Fire at Ayato -5 dice to dodge. Shoot at Ayato (-5 to dodge) (http://orokos.com/roll/506386): 15d6t5 4
Ayato: 17 - (providing he is not wounded) Shoot at Guard 1 3 hits -  vs: (-5 to dodge) Dodge (http://orokos.com/roll/506387): 9d6t5 3 grazing hit.
Guard 2: 12 Shoot at Ayato: Shoot at Ayato (-5 to dodge) (http://orokos.com/roll/506388): 9d6t5 1
Kynos: 11 - fire HE grenade. 3 hits  --- this is Dr. Doom so the combat ends.
Guard 3: 9


Something strange, I will not explain why but Ayato missing guard 1 actually improved your position.

So for Ayato:
I am missing dodge in initiative (-5 to defense) 1: vs 7 hits.
Dodge in initiative 2: (-5 to defense) vs 4 hits.
Dodge in initative 2: (-5 to defense) vs 1 hit.

Then Kynos tosses the HE grenade, causes another grenade to blow up so Ayato needs to resist 9DV +4 AP damage and this will conclude the combat.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (17:34:42/04-14-17)
Whoops, hopefully Kynos won't need to give first aid - that's one of his weak points since he generally uses the wireless on function of medkits.

In other news: I'll be on vacation next week and likely have internet access only in the evenings - if at all. So the topp site team will have some time to catch up  ;)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (22:02:18/04-14-17)
Just a reminder Ayatos first action was suppressive fire.  I'm assuming you took that into account  though it appears I didn't roll the the attack on the dice roller so I rerolled it but I think the hits are the same anyway, but it might effect initiative if you didn't.

I didn't see the 7 hits one I'm sorry he will post edge the first roll  and then the third defense test for the round.
edge reroll and third defense roll (http://orokos.com/roll/506503): 9d6t5 3 11d6t5 6

The the second pass defense tests, since they are going burst fire he will dodge this round:
second pass defense tests (http://orokos.com/roll/506507): 13d6t5 4 12d6t5 4
combat sense was OP on Ayato, he says thanks Mulcarn

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (01:30:55/04-15-17)
@Ennui, Ayato still need to resist  9DV +4AP from the fragmentation grenade that Kynos detonated with his HE grenade.
 Then we can wrap up the combat and continue.

@Jack - note that Ayato is not protected from the pepper punch so I assumed you moved in only after the gas dissipated.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (02:09:45/04-15-17)
9dv soak +Ap (http://orokos.com/roll/506581): 20d6t5 2 wow he will use his final edge on that.
soak reroll (http://orokos.com/roll/506582): 18d6t5 6 1 stun
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (10:27:20/04-21-17)
Alright surface guys: Roll Initiative as you are entering combat (if you go with Simone).

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (22:30:48/04-21-17)
I was thumbing through the rulebook and reading about skill usage.  I'm going to make a quick case for using the sneaking skill for hiding instead of disguise.  Frankly this played into character creation but if you want to house-rule it I'm fine with that but would like an official ruling.  page 139 the section on using sneaking skills discusses how to stay hidden and uses a sneaking skill test as an example sneaking + Agility opposed by perception + intuition.  Disguise is for wanting to look like someone or something else.  Since I'm hiding and prepping for some more sniping I thought it would be pertinent to ask.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (00:05:22/04-22-17)
sneaking is for moving silently. disguise is to use branches and leaves to make sure that it is difficult to visually spot you. i do not see an overlap in the two, but you will get a large chunk of karma at the end of the run so you'll be able to make adjustments.

Anyhow, you do not need to roll to find cover -  but you need to roll if you want to be 'invisible' in that cover.  Sneaking allows you to get settled out sight as they are preoccupied, but once you are shooting they can see you.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (15:39:44/04-22-17)
i am waiting for Irris's action (and Nyx as activating powers could be done before combat).
I'll let you go first as you have surprise so the actions of the soldiers do not effect you.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (08:24:47/04-23-17)
Just a heads-up: I'm back and ready to tackle the mysteriously hidden control room. 8)

If all else fails, Kynos will just move a level down and try to find the power lines/generators and kill the bunker's power.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (15:01:36/04-23-17)
As much as I can assume in this chaotic game, I assume that the rest will be joining you and Ayato (or die fighting hordes of drones).  Sorry guys, due to me super tired/busy and so forth I will not post tonight.

Some heads up: I'll be visiting the states in 30.4-6.5 so time will be limited.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (09:11:22/04-24-17)
Initiative phase 2:
Soldier 1: 18 Fire spirit FA burst and misses (grazling hit)
Mage 14: casts a mana spell at spirit aided by Bound Spirit 1: 5 damage.
Drone 1: 13 suppressive fire at fire spirit -(spirit at -2 dice)
Soldier 2: 13 Fire FA burst at spirit, spirit goes full defense.
Soldier 3: 13 Fire FA burst at spirit, misses.
Simone: 12 - swings axe 4 hits at soldier 4 soldier 4 parry's with his gun.
Spirit (Max): 12 0 (wound penalties + full defense)
Bound Spirit 1: 12 aid mage.
Drone 2: 11 fire FA burst at Irris, need a dodge roll from Irris.
Irris 10
Drone 3: 10
Bound Spirit 2: 9
Bound Spirit 3: 9
Soldier 4: 8 2
Soldier 5: 7
Drone 4: 7
Drone 5: 6
2 Nyx



rolls:
Mage: Initiative astral (http://orokos.com/roll/509657): 18+2d6 24
Spirit: Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/509656): 16+2d6 22
Bound spirits:
Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/509658): 3#12+2d6-10 9 9 12
A small army of drones:
Initiative (2nd round) (http://orokos.com/roll/509659): 5#6+4d6-10 13 11 7 10 6
Five Surviving soldiers:
Initiative (2nd round) (http://orokos.com/roll/509660): 5#13+3d6-10 13 18 13 8 7

Resolving:
1. Soldier 1 fires at spirit (max) FA simple:
Fire FA (simple) (-5 to defend) (http://orokos.com/roll/509661): 15d6t5 3
Dodge(-6) (http://orokos.com/roll/509663): 10d6t5 3
misses:
2. Mage fires a mana spell at spirit: F8 5 drain.
Manaball (http://orokos.com/roll/509664): 20d6t5 9
resist spell (http://orokos.com/roll/509665): 8d6t5 3
 Drain (http://orokos.com/roll/509666): 14d6t5 5
spirit takes 5 damage (total of 10)
3. Drone 1: supressive fire at spirit:
 Supressive fire (http://orokos.com/roll/509667): 9d6t5 2
spirit at full defense.
4. Soldier 2 fires FA burst at spirit:
Fire FA (simple) (-5 to defend) (http://orokos.com/roll/509668): 15d6t5 6
Spirit goes full defense.
Dodge + full defense (http://orokos.com/roll/509670): 15d6t5 7
dodges the bullets.
5. Solder 3 fires FA burst at spirit.
Fire FA (simple) (-5 to defend) (http://orokos.com/roll/509672): 15d6t5 6
Dodge + full defense (http://orokos.com/roll/509673): 14d6t5 7
misses.
6. Drone 2 fires at Irris:
Fire FA (simple) (-5 to defend) (http://orokos.com/roll/509677): 10d6t5 3
Dodge with -5 due to FA.


Okay, I'll continue to resolve soon - yes too many entities in this combat I know SR does not make that easy.

I'll need a dodge roll from Irris.
Are Wheely and maxwell participating in this combat by the way?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (17:56:06/04-24-17)
Dodge-full defense (http://orokos.com/roll/509871): 12d6t5 4
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (04:36:02/04-25-17)
Wasn't planning on entering this fight but it looks like I have no choice but to pitch in.

I'll be ending my spell sustainment on Kynos and Ayato. (Sorry guys...) As far as my understanding goes, because it isn't explicitly stated in the core book or street grimoire for that matter, that doing so is a true free action and requires no effort on part of the caster.

Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/510035): 11+1d6 13 -10 for coming late = 3
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (05:11:52/04-25-17)
Damn don't go throwing fireballs out of the window when I'm trying to hide the van  ;D
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (05:24:26/04-25-17)
I live for utter and complete destruction!  Nightmares are the better part of my day!  Take the wheel and shove the control gear into full force!  Ram the soldiers with the van!  You're sacrifice will always be remembered...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (09:22:34/04-25-17)
Continuing to resolve:

Initiative phase 2:
Soldier 1: 18 Fire spirit FA burst and misses (grazing hit)
Mage 14: casts a mana spell at spirit aided by Bound Spirit 1: 5 damage.
Drone 1: 13 suppressive fire at fire spirit -(spirit at -2 dice)
Soldier 2: 13 Fire FA burst at spirit, the spirit goes full defense.
Soldier 3: 13 Fire FA burst at spirit, misses.
Simone: 12 - swings axe 4 hits at soldier 4 soldier 4 parry's with his gun.
Spirit (Max): 12 0 (wound penalties + full defense)
Bound Spirit 1: 12 aid mage.
Drone 2: 11 fire FA burst at Irris, Irris goes full defense and the burst misses.
Irris 10 0 (full defense)
Drone 3: 10 - fires at Irris: Fire FA (simple) (-5 to defend) (http://orokos.com/roll/510069): 10d6t5 4 (Simone is invisible).
Bound Spirit 2: 9 astral combat on spirit - hits with +1 hits (7 vs 6) 3 damage, Maxes spirit dissipates.
Bound Spirit 3: 9 materialize.
Soldier 4: 8 2 tackles Simone with stun baton (-6 penalty for blind fighting) Stun baton attack (http://orokos.com/roll/510076): 11d6t5 6 (accuracy limit is 5) damage is 9S -5.
Soldier 5: 7 Attacks Irris 4 hits (10P -2AP + net hits, -5 to defend)
Drone 4: 7 Attacks Irris: 2 hits (10P -2AP + net hits, -5 to defend)
Drone 5: 6 Attacks Irris 3 hits (10P -2AP + net hits, -5 to defend)
3 Max
2 Nyx
 Fire FA (simple) (-5 to defend) (http://orokos.com/roll/510077): 15d6t5 4
Fire FA (simple) (-5 to defend) (http://orokos.com/roll/510078): 2#10d6t5 2 3

So lets wrap it up:
1. Max's fire spirit is gone.
2. Irris need to dodge (3!) incoming attacks with -5 dice to defend (note that each additional attack reduces her pool by 1): 4 hits, 2 hits and 3 hits (10P -2AP)
3. Simone needs to dodge 5 hits (and defender wins in a tie) or suffer 9S -5 AP electricity damage (and electricity secondary effect if she is hit).

I am looking for actions from Max and Nyx to complete this 2nd combat phase.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (09:35:27/04-25-17)
Summoning Force 7 Fire Spirit (http://orokos.com/roll/510079): 14d6t5 5
Spirit Resistance (http://orokos.com/roll/510080): 8d6t5 2
Drain Resistance (http://orokos.com/roll/510081): 11d6t5 5

Re-summoned another F8 Fire Spirit.  Same powers and everything with 3 services and no drain.

Also, how is Simone invisible?  I had a previous spirit concealing her and nearly the whole team but that ended a while ago when I dismissed him.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (12:04:20/04-25-17)
Fair enough - I thought that Maxwell cast invisibility on her as well this is why everyone is targeting Irris .

Might I ask OOC what are you trying to achieve?

 I mean I do not doubt that you can win this group of soldiers and drones, but they'll have reinforcements and so forth. The longer you stay out there with such high profile the more you'll need to fight. Note that you need to capture a single building not the entire farming cooperative (that has drones and patrols and so forth).
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (17:26:36/04-25-17)
I can't speak for the rest of the group but I was trying to buy time for Kynos and Ayato to find the master control room or for them to get the hell out of dodge.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (23:51:03/04-25-17)
Well, I am sorry that I did not catch that Simone is no longer invisible.  That could change things a lot, I guess.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (05:35:44/04-26-17)
@Mulcarn

Funny, Kynos and Ayato try to take the Control Room to stop the drones from attacking you up there  ;D

@gilga

is there any kind of knowledge that would allow us to find the real door faster? Like Security Design or Architecture, or something?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (06:55:17/04-26-17)
You will find it in a few minutes anyhow, it is just that events on the ground move in a second by second granularity due to the combat.

@Mercy let's just continue forward instead of undoing stuff.

By the way, Jack (or anyone else), is 'standing up an action?' if one is prone?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:09:31/04-26-17)
@getting up
p.166 core:

Stand Up
Using a Simple Action, a character who is lying down or
prone may stand up. If the character is wounded and attempting
to stand, he must succeed in a Body + Willpower
(2) Test to do so (wound modifiers apply to this test).

If you have the Kip Up MA technique you can combine getting up with a melee attack.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (08:43:46/04-26-17)
Dodging (http://orokos.com/roll/510635): 12d6t5 8 11d6t5 5 10d6t5 4
lucky rolls don't fail me now.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (13:18:43/04-26-17)
Initiative phase 2:
Soldier 1: 18 Fire spirit FA burst and misses (grazing hit)
Mage 14: casts a mana spell at spirit aided by Bound Spirit 1: 5 damage.
Drone 1: 13 suppressive fire at fire spirit -(spirit at -2 dice)
Soldier 2: 13 Fire FA burst at spirit, the spirit goes full defense.
Soldier 3: 13 Fire FA burst at spirit, misses.
Simone: 12 - swings axe 4 hits at soldier 4 soldier 4 parry's with his gun.
Spirit (Max): 12 0 (wound penalties + full defense)
Bound Spirit 1: 12 aid mage.
Drone 2: 11 fire FA burst at Irris, Irris goes full defense and the burst misses.
Irris 10 0 (full defense)
Drone 3: 10 - fires at Irris: Fire FA (simple) (-5 to defend): 10d6t5 4 (Simone is invisible).
Bound Spirit 2: 9 astral combat on spirit - hits with +1 hits (7 vs 6) 3 damage, Maxes spirit dissipates.
Bound Spirit 3: 9 materialize.
Soldier 4: 8 2 stands up, takes a drug.
 
Soldier 5: Tackles Simone with stun baton:  Stunbaton (http://orokos.com/roll/510718): 15d6t5 7 damage is 9S
Drone 4: 7 Attacks Irris: 2 hits (10P -2AP + net hits, -5 to defend)  Misses
Drone 5: 6 Attacks Irris 3 hits (10P -2AP + net hits, -5 to defend)  Misses
3 Max: Summons spirit
2 Nyx: ?


Okay: Soldier 4 stands up, and Soldier 5 jumps to protect him with a stun baton, Simone needs to dodge 5 hits (and attacker wins on tie). Damage is 9S -5 (no net hits).

Okay last but not least, I need a dodge roll from Simone and an action for Nyx.


Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:08:15/04-27-17)
Simone defends against the baton:  Defend (http://orokos.com/roll/510917): 13d6t5 3

Use edge for misses:  Edge for misses (http://orokos.com/roll/510918): 10d6t5 4  7 hits
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (05:08:16/04-27-17)
@Gilga - Astral initiative for metahumans is calculated as Intuition X 2 + 3d6.  Meaning your mage is missing an initiative die.  Not that it will really matter at this point.  Pointing it out for when the second combat turn starts.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (07:12:16/04-27-17)
oh, thanks for pointing it up!

I must admit that this is a difficult encounter for me as my time at home (with books) is limited so I am doing my best to keep it up from memory.

Oh one last thing:

Wheely might want to roll initiative as he has a fire spirit in his car.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:23:32/04-27-17)
If you want, I can assist you while Kynos bangs his head against the walls  ;D
Just send me current stats and numbers and I'll take care of it  ;)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (08:11:56/04-27-17)
If you think it's useful but all my attention is on driving the cars. And the spirit is not materialized IN the car, right? right…  :o

Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/510963): 1d6+7 8
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (08:14:01/04-27-17)
It will if the car is static... hint hint, if it is moving then it will be someplace else when the spirit materializes.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (00:32:58/04-28-17)
Initiative phase 3:
Soldier 1: 8 fires at Simone - single bullet: 7 hits, damage is 10P -2AP + net hits.
Mage 5: command spirit.
Drone 1: 3 reloads weapon.
Soldier 2: 3 Fires at Irris, single bulle 5 hits 10P, -2 AP + net hits.
Soldier 3: 3 Fires at Simone a single bullet: 3 hits 10P -2 AP + net hits.
Simone: 2  (lets see how she fares) Eliminate the prone soldier (or the standing one... her roll is THAT good).
Bound Spirit 1: materialize
Drone 2:


Soldier 1: Fire at Simone (http://orokos.com/roll/511303): 15d6t5 7
Fire a single bullet at Irris (http://orokos.com/roll/511304): 15d6t5 5
Fire a single bullet at Simone (http://orokos.com/roll/511307): 15d6t5 3
These are the actions left on round 3 coming up:

Heads up: tomorrow I am flying to Atlanta I'll be unavailable.
Here are some stats: 

The spirits are air, fire and man F6 bound.  (I have not yet picked their optional powers because all they did was aid sorcery and astral combat).

Soldiers have 26 dice to resist damage: Orcs with body of 7, aluminum bones lacing leather jackets helmets and shoulders guards.
They dodge with 13 dice (5 intuition 5 reaction + 3 from reaction henhancers)
they have +2d6 initiative and are all on cram (for +1 reaction + 1 initiative dice)
They have muscle toner 3 which boosts their agility to 8 - and skill of 5 in close combat and firearms groups.  With implemented smart gun in their eyes, thy get 15 dice  for firearms, and with the +2 of stun baton they have 15 dice with it.
Their weapons are: AK-97 normal ammo, stun baton and a street-line special holdout.  all guns have smart gun system and use regular ammo.

So there are 4 soldiers left and 3 spirits.

The drones are standard drones armed with AK-97. Their orders are to protect the soldiers and they operate on auto pilot. I placed five, but there are very large drone fleets it is just that they are not able to operate in large number in such density, so you can kill the drones and it will give you some time before new one come - but there are few 100's of drones. They roll 9 dice to use weapons, and recieves 1 additional die from laser sight on their weapons.

The drones are protecting all the farms - so if you take over the farm they'll be your security as well. The soldiers could either be from the farm you need or from the farming union which binds together all the food production of Seattle.

The soldiers may retreat and wait for backup if they feel like their side is losing - I'll leave that for Jack. Happy fighting!.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:52:29/04-29-17)
Wow.  OK, I think I can say that Simone and Irris are outnumbered in this here fight.  These guys are really pretty good.

Defend against 7 hits:  Defend (http://orokos.com/roll/511925): 14d6t5 6 1 Net Hit
Soak against 11 DV:  Soak (http://orokos.com/roll/511926): 23d6t5 9  2S DV

Defend against 3 hits:  Defend (http://orokos.com/roll/511927): 13d6t5 4  Succesful Defense

So did these guys drop their batons to draw their pistols?  Otherwise I do not see how they were able to put a baton away (simple), ready a weapon (simple) and fire the weapon (simple) in the same combat turn.   And I thought that one guy had 5S damage from my initial attack?  Also, one guy only has a pistol since my axe broke his weapon in the last round and the damage for the pistol is only 6P  Too bad that was the injured guy

To my knowledge, the prone guy stood up last round.  I will still attack him because he is injured, finishing him off.  So it looks like we might be facing only 3 soldiers, 3 spirits, and 2 drones at the beginning of the next combat turn?

Do we have anyone with another IP or do we roll initiative for the next combat round?



Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (03:52:13/04-29-17)
These is the second group of 3 soldiers the one that fired on Maxwell's spirit the previous round they are still with AK's.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (13:25:45/04-29-17)
Cool, I can go with that.  So are there three or four left at the end at the end of the round?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:41:19/04-29-17)
4 guards, one is in melee with Simone the other three are about 20 meters away.
3 F6 spirits - one is materialized (either next to the car or inside it - going for Sovereign) the others will probably be occupied by the new fire spirit.
 5 drones - (but these are unpredictable like in the previous time they refused to attack you after the initial onslaught.)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (15:14:16/04-29-17)
Thank you for the clarification.  Dang, it seems like a lot of bad guys.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:12:27/05-01-17)
Alright, found a moment to figure this out:

Since no-one of the enemies seems to have an action left there is a new combat round:
Soldier 1 Ini Round 3 (http://orokos.com/roll/512882): 13+2d6 19
Soldier 2 Ini Round 3 (http://orokos.com/roll/512883): 13+2d6 22
Soldier 3 Ini Round 3 (http://orokos.com/roll/512884): 13+2d6 20
Soldier 4 Ini Round 3 (http://orokos.com/roll/512887): 13+2d6 24
Bound Spirit 1 Ini Round 3 (http://orokos.com/roll/512886): 15+2d6 23
Drone 1 to 5 Ini Round 3 (http://orokos.com/roll/512891): 5#6+4d6 22 19 19 19 19

The soldiers not occupied with close combat try to take down the Spirit of Fire:

They are using Brainblaster and Called Shot (Vitals) to take it out as fast as possible:
Soldier 1 Shoot Spirit (Brain Blaster/Called Shot Vitals) (http://orokos.com/roll/512894): 11d6t5 4
DV 14 P AP-2 +Net Successes
Soldier 2 Shoot Spirit (Brain Blaster/Called Shot Vitals) (http://orokos.com/roll/512896): 11d6t5 4
DV 14 P AP-2 +Net Successes
Soldier 3 Shoot Spirit (Brain Blaster/Called Shot Vitals) (http://orokos.com/roll/512897): 11d6t5 3
DV 14 P AP-2 +Net Successes

Soldier 4 tries to strike Simone's hands so she drops her axe Close Combat: Blast out of Hand (http://orokos.com/roll/512900): 9d6t5 3

Spirit of Fire (Enemy) uses Accident on the car
[spoiler]When a critter targets someone with this power, make an Opposed Test, using the critter’s Magic + Willpower against the target’s Reaction + Intuition. If the critter wins, treat it as if the target rolled a glitch on a test. If the critter scores 4 or more net hits, the accident is treated as a critical glitch—it’s not just an embarrassing fumble, it’s a potential catastrophe. A critter can use this power on a number of targets at once equal to its Magic rating. [/spoiler]
Accident (http://orokos.com/roll/512903): 12d6t5 2
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (17:21:04/05-01-17)
Are the soldiers attacking the their own fire spirit?  Because mine hasn't materialized yet.  I got to use the Command action to have it manifest/perform a service before it can materialize.

Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/512977): 11+1d6 16
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:23:06/05-02-17)
Simone Initiative:  Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/513151): 13+2d6 19  19 and 2IP
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:37:08/05-02-17)
Huh? Oh, I assumed you'd send your spirit into the fray at once.

In that case they are firing indeed just on the other runners.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:12:09/05-03-17)
Hey, Jack, do I get a normal defense against that attack and does the Gecko Grip give me any sort of bonus?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (07:30:23/05-03-17)
I thought it'd be more prudent to send the spirit after the other spirits but i'm still deciding.  That and I needed another action pass before I could anyway.

On a side note, isn't there a BGC of 1 in the area?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (08:45:44/05-03-17)
Hey, Jack, do I get a normal defense against that attack and does the Gecko Grip give me any sort of bonus?

Hm, good question. Gecko Grip would give you +6 dice to hold on to your weapon. And since the net successes define how far the weapon flies, you could probably add those to your defense test.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:25:22/05-04-17)
Simone defends against the disarm shot:  Defend (http://orokos.com/roll/513828): 19d6t5 3  Pretty crappy roll for 19d6.  Is a tie good enough or do I need to reroll with edge?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:01:18/05-04-17)
Nope, 0 meters means the weapon stays where it is, although it wobbles precariously :)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (20:33:12/05-04-17)
I'm a little lost as to where we are in the combat que, but here's my second round initiative.

initiative second (http://orokos.com/roll/513085): 10+3d6 21
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (02:54:52/05-05-17)
Well, your init is better than mine, so you go before me.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:02:31/05-05-17)
Two Soldiers are faster than you, so you'd need to evade Soldier 4 and 2 before you can retaliate
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (03:19:02/05-05-17)
Soldier 4 just tried to disarm me so has already gone, right?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (05:18:53/05-05-17)
Correct
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (08:45:35/05-05-17)
So I'll take a full defense action and drop init to 11
dodge (http://orokos.com/roll/514251): 17d6t5 6
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (08:52:34/05-05-17)
Sorry for the lateness, here comes my initiative and resistance test to the accident power.

Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/514252): 1d6+7 8
Resist Accident (http://orokos.com/roll/514254): 7d6t5 4

Accident isn't noticed by mundane I assume. Maybe Sovereign could have seen it from the astral?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:35:25/05-05-17)
Cool.  So two more soldiers go then I get to try to attack soldier 4 again.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (11:21:44/05-05-17)
@Ennui
Remember, you need to evade two attacks.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (21:08:04/05-05-17)
I thought:
Two Soldiers are faster than you, so you'd need to evade Soldier 4 and 2 before you can retaliate

Soldier 4 just tried to disarm me so has already gone, right?

Correct

But okay second defense? (http://orokos.com/roll/514452): 16d6t5 5
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (02:11:35/05-06-17)
You went full defense and lowered your ini, remember  ;)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (08:45:22/05-06-17)
Initiative in order of operations.  Hope this helps to sum things up.

Soldier 4: 24 - Disarm Simone, missed
Bound Fire Spirit 1: 23 - Used Accident power, missed
Soldier 2: 22 - Attack Kernal, missed
Soldier 3: 20 - Attack Kernal, missed
Simone: 19 - Action pending
Soldier 1: 19 - Attack Kernal or Simone?, resolution pending
Sovereign: 16 - Action pending
Kernal: 11 - Went Full Defense, Action pending
Wheely: 8 - Action pending

Drone 1 to 5: 22, 19, 19, 19, 19 - Doing nothing this phase?

Edited: Simone goes first since her Edge is higher.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (08:52:00/05-06-17)
Soldier 1 has a lower Edge rating so Simone gets to go first

I'm not sure about the drones - is there a rigger around to give them commands?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (10:58:58/05-06-17)
As far as I remember the drones were controlled by Luna security so no rigger. There is a Matrix security guy and he could probably take control of one drone but he might be busy with the two people banging at his door.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (11:03:12/05-06-17)
nope no rigger, just autopilot - which is buggy and resets every few seconds due to whatever happened to the matrix.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (12:23:03/05-06-17)
Simone attacks Soldier 4:  Attack with Axe (http://orokos.com/roll/514625): 15d6t5 4  4 hits  Reach of 2  DV10 + Net Hits  AP-3
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (12:42:09/05-06-17)
aim; fire at soldier shooting at her (http://orokos.com/roll/514629): 17d6t5 4
DV16 with no hits -5 ap
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (13:02:23/05-07-17)
For when my turn comes up - Simple action to command my spirit to kill the enemy summoner.  Second Simple action to Use Device to roll down the van window.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (05:31:27/05-09-17)
@Mercy - Simone has one more attack to dodge.

Soldier 1 Shoot Simone (Brain Blaster/Called Shot Vitals): 11d6t5 4
DV 14 P AP-2 +Net Successes.

Remember to apply the cumulative defense penalty.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (06:01:50/05-09-17)
Got to love how Wheely is driving the car, blissfully unaware that a spirit just tried to mess him up and that Mulcarn is about to throw fireballs out of the window.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (06:32:43/05-09-17)
Shadowrun in a nutshell.  In fact I believe this whole sequence sums up the game perfectly.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:32:39/05-09-17)
Crap.  Overslept a bit and heading off to work.  Can someone roll my defense and soak if this needs to move along?  Otherwise it will be about 12 hours before I can get back on here to do it.  I will use another edge if I have to.  I currently have 2S on my track.

So what was the result of my attack on soldier 4?  Soldier 1 acted after me, right?  Is there a benefit to me if soldier 1 is firing into melee?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (11:05:51/05-09-17)
The reverse actually. It's harder to dodge bullets if you are in melee.

I'll see if I can rustle up something tonight.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:02:04/05-09-17)
Okay some thoughts:  I am sorry for giving them like that but real life are coming in hard.

Sovereign - kill the summoner the mage is astrally projecting near the fire spirit (he stunballed it).  Give him, 10 dice to dodge astral combat. and he has 11 stun dice or 10 physical.  He likely to not survive for very long and the interesting part goes once you drop him.

That time, Kynos and Ayato will be free from the illusion of the control room.  They'll find there the decker and a single guard, the guard may fight or not (depending on how intimidating you are  (8 dice to resist) the decker knows when he is defeated and will surrender if you let him.).  (you get +4 situational modifier).

If Jack and Ayato take over the command room, they can lower the alarm and call of the pesky drones. Should give you some momentum shift and give Kynos and Ayato something to do in this combat. (that takes) I hope it is enough for you to continue.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (17:25:19/05-09-17)
Simone:Full Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/515400): 14d6t5 3

Simone:Second Chance (http://orokos.com/roll/515401): 11d6t5 1

Simone goes on Full Defense for -10 Initiative and spends a point of Edge to turn the shot into a grazing hit.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (17:54:36/05-09-17)
Alright, I finally figured out what the drones do:
Since it's chaotic all around and they aren't supposed to hit their own people, they'll attempt a sensor lock and take aim in their first combat phase.

Drone 1 Sensor Lock (http://orokos.com/roll/515404): 6d6t5 1 tries to lock on Simone
Drone 2-5 Sensor Lock (http://orokos.com/roll/515405): 4#6d6t5 3 2 1 3 try to lock on Irris
Net successes by the drones will be dice penalties for your defense

Those rolls are opposed by Agility + Stealth from Mercy and Ennui

Soldier defense vs. Simone Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/515406): 13d6t5 4 grazing hit, no damage

Ok, new Ini-Phase

Soldier 1 Ini 9 Attack Irris: Aim and Shoot: Shoot (http://orokos.com/roll/515409): 16d6t5 3
Soldier 2 Ini 12 Attack Irris: Aim and Shoot: Shoot (http://orokos.com/roll/515410): 16d6t5 4
Soldier 3 Ini 10 Attack Simone: Aim and Shoot: Shoot (http://orokos.com/roll/515411): 16d6t5 6
Soldier 4 Ini 14 Attack Simone: Trys to disengage Disengage (http://orokos.com/roll/515414): 13d6t5 4 - moves out of Simone's reach - both are no longer in melee combat.
Bound Spirit 1 Ini 13: Confusion on Kuriem: Confusion (http://orokos.com/roll/515407): 12d6t5 4
Drone 1 to 5 Ini 12 9 9 9 9: Shooting at designated Target:
Drone 1 Shooting Simone Shoot (http://orokos.com/roll/515415): 10d6t5 2
Shoot Irris (http://orokos.com/roll/515416): 4#10d6t5 4 5 2 2
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (17:57:25/05-09-17)
Wheely still has an action left before the next phase starts.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (18:00:29/05-09-17)
And by all means he is entitled to use it to raise hell  8)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (18:31:53/05-09-17)
Sorry to disapoint but with two vehicles to take care of I probably need to use it for a Control Vehicle action. And sadly the van do not have a mounted gun :(
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (19:19:33/05-09-17)
Who needs guns when you got an armored grill?  No, really.  You're strongest weapon is your foot and the steering wheel.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (00:29:50/05-10-17)
Well you need to perform A driving action - it ca also be a ramming action if you want to do havoc with two cars.  Also- note that there is autopilot in SR universe so you can leave one of the cars on autopilot while doing stunts with the other.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (01:40:23/05-10-17)
For now it will be a simple Control Vehicle, we will see how it goes for the following turn  :P
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:50:31/05-10-17)
Simone tries to avoid the lock from the drone:  Avoid Drone Lock (http://orokos.com/roll/515494): 10d6t5 6  5 net hits for Simone should mean that the drone does not have lock this turn.  I hope.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (05:57:18/05-10-17)
Updated initiative order.

Drone 1 Sensor Lock: 6d6t5 1 tries to lock on Simone
Drone 2-5 Sensor Lock: 4#6d6t5 3 2 1 3 try to lock on Irris
Net successes by the drones will be dice penalties for your defense

Those rolls are opposed by Agility + Stealth from Mercy and Ennui

Soldier: 4 Ini  - Tries to disengage Disengage: 13d6t5 4 - moves out of Simone's reach - both are no longer in melee combat.
Unbound Fire Spirit: Astral Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/515517): 16+3d6 24 -10 = 14: Astral Combat (http://orokos.com/roll/515518): 15d6t5 2
Bound Spirit: 1 Ini 13 Confusion on Wheely: Confusion: 12d6t5 4
Soldier: 2 Ini 12 Attack Irris - Aim and Shoot: 16d6t5 4
Drone 1: 12 - Shooting Simone: 10d6t5 2
Soldier: 3 Ini 10 Attack Simone - Aim and Shoot: 16d6t5 6
Soldier: 1 Ini 9 Attack Irris - Aim and Shoot: 16d6t5 3
Drone 2: 9 - Shooting Irris: 10d6t5 4   
Drone 3: 9 - Shooting Irris: 10d6t5 5
Drone 4: 9 - Shooting Irris: 10d6t5 2
Drone 5: 9 - Shooting Irris: 10d6t5 2
Sovereign: 6 - Action Pending
Kernal: 1 - Full Defense, Action pending
Simone: -1 Full Defense Mode
Wheely: -2

Edited: Fixed the names and cleaned it up somewhat
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (08:59:18/05-10-17)
Pick one : Wheely or Kuirem. But Kuriem doesn't work Mulcran.

Anyway :

Resist Confusion (http://orokos.com/roll/515532): 13d6t5 5

Looks like Wheely is more successful at resisting Astral threats than Matrix ones.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (09:28:55/05-10-17)
It was a copy of Jack's previous post that I edited.  Didn't notice the name difference until you mentioned it.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (09:40:15/05-10-17)
Yeah sorry, it was a bit late yesterday.

I just noticed that I also miswrote Drone #1: Obviously it's targeting Simone after trying to get a sensor lock.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:36:21/05-10-17)
Somehow I must have missed what happened to Soldier 4 when Simone attacked him in the last round.  He attacked me by trying to disarm but I avoided it then I attacked him then soldier 1 attacked me.  What happened to Soldier 4?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:43:19/05-10-17)
Soldier 4 disengaged from you (Gymnastic+Agility) since he obviously is outclassed against a combat axe  ;D
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (17:27:32/05-10-17)
Has anyone heard from Imaldir?  Haven't seen em' online for awhile.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (21:05:34/05-10-17)
Are they sensor locking me or shooting me?  or both?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (21:09:01/05-10-17)
Both.  They sensor locked last pass and are firing this pass.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:48:18/05-11-17)
I get that he disengaged this time, but what was the result of my attack on him?  I see nothing that indicates he dodged or soaked or anything, but I might be just not seeing it.  Anyway, Simone has no action this next IP since she is using full defense.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:33:15/05-11-17)
@ Mercy
Soldier defense vs. SimoneDefense (http://orokos.com/roll/515406): 13d6t5 4 grazing hit, no damage
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:04:34/05-11-17)
Thank you.  I just could not see it for some reason.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:06:37/05-11-17)
Yeah, information overload. Too many moving parts on the playing field
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (14:33:19/05-11-17)
Full Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/515847): 18d6t5 3

Full Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/515848): 17d6t5 5

Drone 1 misses but Soldier 3 hits.

Drain Resistance (http://orokos.com/roll/515849): 24d6t5 9 - Woops, meant to say 'Damage' Resistance.

26 Soak - 2AP = 24DP.

Simone takes 2 Stun.  Totaling for 4 Stun.

Edited: If Simone has more than 24 Soak after the modifications then feel free to roll the missing dice.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:31:44/05-11-17)
Ok, for the next bit I think need to get on the same page about positions.

This is how I imagine things look

[spoiler=Map](http://i67.tinypic.com/lb22g.png)[/spoiler]

Red=Enemy
Green=Drone
Blue=Runner

Black Ring=Dead
Red/Green Ring=Alive
Other= Runner specific
I=Irris
S=Simone
F6= Enemy Fire Spirit

Any questions/suggestions?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (16:41:58/05-11-17)
Spending a Complex Action stick my body out the window (Or my arm at least) to cast a Force 13 Fireball down the lane that will engulf all of the soldiers plus Drone 4 and Drone 5 for when my turn comes up.

17 Spellcasting DP - 1 for BGC and - 2 for attacking in a moving vehicle.

Force 13 Fireball (http://orokos.com/roll/515888): 14d6t5 3

Drain Resistance (http://orokos.com/roll/515889): 11d6t5 3

Using the Mentor's Mask option from FA to lower drain by 1 as well.

DV is 13P (Fire) AP -13.  Make a Burning Defense test with a threshold of 3. to determine if the Soldiers/Drones catch fire.

Sovereign takes 8 Stun.  Totaling for 9 Stun.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:04:29/05-12-17)
Scary mage is Simone's hero.  Don't die, scary mage, she might want to have your child after this.

That map is a great idea so thank you very much for putting it out there.  Are we still in actions for this round?  If so, Simone has no action.  Let us know when it is time to roll initiative.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (03:24:06/05-12-17)
Wow, nothing like a bit of magic to simplify combat  ;D

Let's see: All targets have not enough ini left to use "Run for your Life"

You just flattened a Greenhouse with your 26 diameter fireball

13P(f) AP-13
Soldiers resist with 13 dice, their Armor automatically goes up in flames since they don't have any dice left to resist
Soak Soldier 1-4 (http://orokos.com/roll/515989): 4#13d6t5 1 5 4 6
Soldier 1 takes 12 damage - dead/dying
Soldier 2 takes 8 damage - Armor burning - Ini -2
Soldier 3 takes 9 damage - Armor burning - ini -3
Soldier 4 takes 7 damage - Armor burning - Ini -2
Drone Soak (http://orokos.com/roll/515990): 4d6t5 1
Drone 5 is simply incinerated

Soldiers have no more actions this round
And of round fire damage of 3 has to be resisted with their body+bone lacing (since it's their armor that's burning)
Soak (http://orokos.com/roll/515992): 3#11d6t5 5 2 2
3 and 4 take one more damage

Soldier 2 takes 8 damage - Armor burning - Ini -2
Soldier 3 takes 10 damage - Armor burning - ini -3
Soldier 4 takes 8 damage - Armor burning - Ini -2
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (05:00:02/05-12-17)
Haha, i'm here to impress and keep things moving smoothly.

What's their Physical limit look like?  Because one or two of them might be knocked down from the blast.  Also did I miss Drone 4 in that or did it get toasted along with 5?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (06:44:03/05-12-17)
Including Drone 4 would also catch Irris I'm afraid (I'll post a to scale explosion radius image  ;))
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:12:11/05-12-17)
[spoiler]
(http://i66.tinypic.com/2j61phy.png)

[/spoiler]

Alright, went over it, if you cut it really, really fine you can get Drone #4 without hurting Irris (much). (No need to roll for that drone, it has no chance to survive)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (10:25:37/05-12-17)
Sweet, got a second greenhouse too.  Just think, that explosion was the length and height of roughly 4.33 school buses stacked in front of one another.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:09:12/05-13-17)
Alright,
since Ennui hasn't posted her defense rolls yet, I'll take care of those:
Drone 2-5 Sensor Lock: 4#6d6t5 3 2 1 3 try to lock on Irris
Evade Sensor Lock
Stealth (http://orokos.com/roll/516351): 4#14d6t5 5 5 4 6
Evaded

Drones shoot Irris: 4#10d6t5 4 5 2 2

Defense (Full Defense) 1 (http://orokos.com/roll/516349): 17d6t5 3
Defense (Full Defense) 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/516350): 17d6t5 7  [17d6t5=6, 3, 4, 2, 5, 5, 4, 5, 3, 3, 6, 6, 2, 3, 1, 2, 6] Reduced to 6 because I forgot to remove 1 die
First has one Net success, second misses
Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/516352): 15d6t5 4
Third misses
Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/516353): 14d6t5 7
fourth misses

Soak 11P AP-2
Soak (http://orokos.com/roll/516354): 22d6t5 7

That's 4S damage total, Irris gets to live another day.

Time for Mage vs. Spirit
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (15:11:04/05-13-17)
Astral Combat (http://orokos.com/roll/516355): 15d6t5 7

DV is 8P + net hits.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (15:32:17/05-13-17)
Astral Defense (http://orokos.com/roll/516357): 10d6t5 5

So 10 P damage
Mage is unconscious and begins bleeding out.

Bound Spirit gets a chance to break free
Break Free (http://orokos.com/roll/516361): 6d6t5 3
What do you know, a new free Spirit is around.

And since Sovereign is the reason it is free (and he just turned the area into a barbecue) I'd say it runs back to its former masters body and makes sure the slavemaster is burned to a crisp

Illusion goes down, Kynos get's his chance to intimidate the guard:
Intimidation (Mental) (http://orokos.com/roll/516362): 12d6t5 4
Forgot Bonus Dice (http://orokos.com/roll/516365): 4d6t5 2
Decker ResistCha+Wil (http://orokos.com/roll/516363): 8d6t5 5
Scratch that, just read that the Decker gives up
Guard ResistCha+Wil (http://orokos.com/roll/516364): 8d6t5 2

Ok, take over the Control room, stop the drones from coming

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (15:48:19/05-13-17)
So the battle is won and you live to fight another day. Jack can turn his wireless on without fearing data spikes, and you should have some time to decide what to do before you continue. I strongly suggest that you get inside the building - as it is safer in there considering the kind of reinforcement that you are going to get from doing this kind of damage.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (16:08:57/05-13-17)
Oh and thanks for running the combat Jack - it was a good read!
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:19:31/05-13-17)
Had help from Mulcarn to get all the pieces in a row ;)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (16:37:00/05-13-17)
So I heared, this is not so easy to manage.

So here are some karma/contacts rewards.

Everyone gets 20 karma for taking over the farm.

Wheely gets 3 more karma for retrieving additional paydata leading you to the RCC's.
Sovereign gets an additional 2 karma for saving the day ( and torching expensive buildings.). He also gains a point of  notoriety and a new free spirit contact named Crimson Sky (Connection 1, Loyalty 1)
Kynos gets 2 karma for orchestrating much of this run and RP.

Kynos and Ayato can add Nagisa as a decker contact (providing they don't kill her or treat her poorly). She is Connection 4, and loyalty of 2. (and vicious with the data spikes.)





Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (09:39:15/05-14-17)
For our npc Contacts we made during char-gen - Can we create them as long as they do not exceed the Karma amount of the sample contacts in the book?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (10:33:35/05-14-17)
create them as in provide full chart sheets?  (Either way go for it) if you want to start formally creating npc's perhaps we should try obsidian portal. So we can find them quickly.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (10:39:01/05-14-17)
Excellent.  This will come in handy once we start buying gear or requesting aid from our contacts.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (18:33:55/05-14-17)
I am a bit unsure of where we are located vis a vis the control building.  Can Irris and Simone get there on foot or do we need to take a vehicle?  SImone is also quite concerned about the fate of the scary mage.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (18:51:02/05-14-17)
You guys can get their on foot.  No problem.  The guards has been routed and the drones are offline/on-standby.  We are taking the vehicles with us for parking purposes mostly.  That and in case we need to make a quick getaway.  Sovereign will live but he won't being playing much of an active role for the next few hours until his injuries heals up.  If Simone has any ranks in Medicine she can use that for a DP boost to his recovery tests.  I can't remember off the top of my head if any other kind of biotech does anything similar.

Edited: Medkits and Autodocs will add their rating to your Medicine and First Aid Skills if used wireless.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (21:39:50/05-14-17)
Simone has Logic 3,  Medicine 5, and a Medkit 6, so she should have 14d6 to help, right?  And this is to help him recover over time?  Will it bother the scary mage if she is very concerned about him?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (06:34:12/05-15-17)
Yup, that is correct.  Once we're situated and he's in a sterilized med facility then you can start healing him.  The process will take 10 minutes as you administer treatment.  You'll roll 14d6 and every hit is added as a bonus die to his Recovery test for the next hour.  Won't really bother him that she's concerned.  You'd think she would be more concerned about her own safety around him considering he set off a magical mini-nuke a few feet away from her.  But what do I know.   ;)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (19:12:05/05-16-17)
Sorry about that.  I had to go out of town for a bit and the internet was pathetic.  Thanks for rolling for me Jack.  Stuttrboy's dad is home and he's staying with them I don't know if they've got the internet set up or if they will while he's staying with him, but I can keep updating for him.  He can always stop by and use the computer too, but with his dad's stroke and his work he's going kinda nuts.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (19:19:10/05-16-17)
Oh hey glad you're back.  We didn't know if you guys ditched or were having internet problems.  Jack and I tried to move things along the best we could so everyone wouldn't be stuck.  I'm sorry to hear about Stuttr and his dad.  I used to be a family caregiver and I know what that's like.  Best wishes on his recovery.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (19:31:31/05-16-17)
No way.  I won't ditch unless I'm dead.  If I'd known the internet would be crap in Arkansas I would have mentioned it before I left.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (19:39:40/05-16-17)
Hehehe.  Sorry for doubting you.  There's been a long list of players that have joined up and left without saying a word.  At least not in the OOC.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (00:28:26/05-17-17)
Stuttr says internet is coming out friday so hopefully he will be able to connect up with us.  Otherwise he just helps us get prepared for the assault.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:28:53/05-18-17)
Where is Kynos and how do I get to him to heal him up?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (02:52:53/05-18-17)
Kynos is one elevator ride below you in the command bunker, currently dismissing the staff.  :D
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Ennui on (10:03:28/05-18-17)
Stuttr thinks all his damage is stun and will see about taking a nap to fix his up.  Can anyone confirm that?  I'll look through the old posts when I get some free time at work.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (10:39:55/05-18-17)
Jepp, all stun - but a bit of care can't hurt, especially since the Vampires might not give us an hour to rest.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (17:27:14/05-19-17)
Ok,
if I read that right, Grail just uncloaked next to one of the greenhouses while Kynos is busy together with Irris to carry mulch into the building.

Is he or his sidekick visible on the camera feeds? Because Kynos won't miss the chance to shoot Grail if he gets the chance...
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (02:13:13/05-20-17)
I think it is safe to assume that Irris and Simone (or perhaps Wheely as he is parking the cars)  may see Maxwell heading out to talk with the two vampires. Shouldn't be difficult to follow Max. So feel free to crush their party if you want to.
As for Kynos,   the Vixen is a legendary decker so I expect her to take care of any cameras, especially as they intend to leave discreetly.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (13:29:10/05-20-17)
Since this scene seems to have potential for escalation roll perception (-6 dice) threshold of 3.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (13:33:28/05-20-17)
Perception (Visual) w/wireless on vision enhancement (http://orokos.com/roll/518222): 4d6t5 2 [4d6t5=6, 6, 4, 2]

Nope, missing the concealed invisible enemies.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (13:43:11/05-20-17)
Simone's Perception:  11 - 6 = 5.  Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/518226): 5d6t5 4  OK, that is a roll I did not expect.  I guess she sees what is happening.  Apparently Kynos does not so I will edit my post.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (13:45:25/05-20-17)
Welp, I roll -2 dice at perception and my drone who is helping is rolling 2 dice, so not enough anyway.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (13:52:34/05-20-17)
I edited the post to have Simone tell Kynos that she is watching Sovereign with two people.  Even if he cannot see them, he should be able to see the mage moving about as if holding someone and that should tip him off.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:13:17/05-20-17)
Simone can spot Grail's security, she does not spot all of them but sees at least two cloaked figures that in response to Kynos' aiming at Grail, aim their guns at the man. 

Ruthanium polymer is incredible for stealth.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:31:44/05-20-17)
For fairness sake I'd ask you to roll perception for the security guys too - after all, Kynos does also hide  ::)

Also, isn't RP capped to -4 to perception? Where do the other two points come from.
Also also, Kynos is also using IR mode on his glasses. So RP isn't affecting him unless they have an equal level of thermal dampening
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (14:46:31/05-20-17)
OK.  I am now a bit confused.  Who sees who and do I need to edit the post again?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:50:53/05-20-17)
he cannot hide - he exit the entrance to the building which they watch. He can walk silently which will prevent Grail from hearing about him but if someone is just looking at the entrance he'll see Kynos exiting with his massive body armor.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (14:53:24/05-20-17)
12 Perception - 3 Wounds - 2 Distracted.
Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/518236): 7d6t5 2
Sovereign probably isn't going to notice the shadow guards.

Awww man... he can barely spend a minute with his gf before people start shooting in his direction. :(
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (14:57:00/05-20-17)
Yeah, but Kynos has been walking in and out for the last five minutes, carrying buckets of mulch.
And unless they have every possible angle covered, Kynos will find cover with those many, many green houses.

In any case, I looked up the Thermal dampening rules: If they are wireless on, they get their rating to their stealth check. But Kynos perception is not penalized on IR

Perception (Visual) w/wireless on vision enhancement (http://orokos.com/roll/518238): 10d6t5 3
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (07:13:35/05-21-17)
In that case, Kynos is a bit in the future - and we'll see if Grail is still there when he gets to aim.
(Depending on what Max does with his proposal and on how long they are going to talk). The Grail thing happens right after the combat, and Kynos had time to talk to Nagisa and boss people around transfer control on the facility. While Maxwell was approached by Grail right as he was going to enter the building for the first time, so lets see how the conversation progresses and what is the situation when Kynos pulls out his gun.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (07:21:44/05-21-17)
Alright, I'll undo my posts then.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (07:22:04/05-21-17)
12 Perception - 3 Wounds - 2 Distracted.
Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/518236): 7d6t5 2
Sovereign probably isn't going to notice the shadow guards.

Awww man... he can barely spend a minute with his gf before people start shooting in his direction. :(

Just so we understand - Grail brought additional security (this is not unreasonable of him). Nobody threatens you until Kynos aims his gun at Grail.  Not that it should prevent you to respond with violence if this is what you wish to fight again.

Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (08:12:37/05-21-17)
From a tactical point of view this has got to be one of the worst positions to fight in.  Most of us are tired/wounded.  Sovereign is inches away from keeling over and out of spirit services.  The rest of the team is having a long distance staring contest in an awkward spot.  Wheely just parked the cars and is picking up his drone remains so he might be a little preoccupied to help.  I'm not on any drugs nor do I have any spells buffing me or someone else for that matter.  In fact Irris might be the only one on drugs atm.  We don't even know how many of them there are.  Could be 4.  Could be 6.  Could be 8.  One of them is a mage on par if not better than Sovereign and i've already outlined his threat potential in a previous IC post.

If an engagement were to come out of this its not going to fare well in our favor.  At least I don't see it that way.  Of course if bullets start flying then I guess I have no choice but to join in.  :-\
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (12:11:09/05-21-17)
To be clear: Kynos calling Sovereign before he shoots is my way of leaving the decision to you.
Just say the word, like "no, they will kill me and maybe Amy!" and Kynos won't pull the trigger. That is if you aren't letting Grail go anyway before Kynos can get into position.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (15:47:20/05-21-17)
Was kind of hoping for a response from Gilga first so I could incorporate that into one big post but I guess i'll handle that right now before its too late as it were.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (16:28:07/05-21-17)
Well I am not sure what kind of response you were expecting, Grail did not come to do violence. He did not bring spirits so he will not be discovered by magical security, but he brought some security knowing that you guys are dangerous criminals and the original security is also formidable. 

The way I see the situation, if Grail butcher you and take the pixies he alienates his newly acquired decker which is rather fond of Sovereign.   So nobody has threatened you, but it is also possible that he will use violence if you refuse to deal with him.  You'll have to do your own risk assessment and determine who you get in bed with.

I hope it helps, I was uncertain what you wanted to hear, but do not feel compelled to behave one way or the other. Story is flexible enough for you to be yourself.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (20:54:22/05-21-17)
In any case, I do believe that Simone is outside watching the meet go down and her roll was good enough to see the others, right?  I will edit my post to indicate that she is leaving the ax on her back for now.  But she will contact people to let them know something is going on.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (21:04:22/05-21-17)
OK.  I would like to know if any of the conversations included Simone.  From what I could see, all was either between Kynos and Sovereign and Kynos and Irris.  At this point, Simone is still on alert.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (00:45:15/05-22-17)
Kynos answered Simone:
Quote
Answering Simone
<<If I'm not mistaken than that is none other than Grail himself. Quite a large bounty on his little monster head. Seems like he tries to con Sovereign by distracting him with a little Succubus.>>
Kynos sent without taking his eye from the target.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:20:58/05-22-17)
Sorry, I got that one.  I was wondering if any of the later messages were for the group or just to Sovereign and Wheely?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (16:17:19/05-26-17)
Was worried that the site imploded on itself for a while there.  Good thing it's back up and running.  I'm going to relay some things Gilga mentioned to me real quick.

@Jack - The facility we are at has an armory stocked with grenades, bullets, (No APDS though) guns and armor.  You may want to raid the weapons pantry before making a shopping list.  Thought I should point that out before it gets overlooked.

@All -  There was this big social scene meant to be played out after the assault that focused somewhat on Nyx.  But it may get scrapped if Imladir doesn't/can't come back.  If that's the case we'll fast forward a bit.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (17:17:24/05-26-17)
Nice, I'll need a list what's there to scrounge  ;D
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mulcarn on (17:23:09/05-26-17)
uuuuhhhhhhhhhhh...  :-\  Don't know.   I didn't get any specifics.  Probably AK-97s, Normal Assault Rifle rounds, Flash-bang Grenades, etc.  You know, usual stuff.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:10:04/05-27-17)
LOL  Not sure why Kynos completely ignored that Simone was sitting right next to him, but I will play along and have her step out to the restroom or something just before he wakes up, returning as he finishes.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (04:31:36/05-27-17)
Brief description to get you going.

The first two floors are a legitimate buissness. The third floor has a small legitimate part - a storage room, but then there is an entrance for its illegal (or just secret) part of a pixie farm.  Inside there is a large matrix of slotted up, small critters all connected to a central hive computers, as well as aquarium to 'manufacture' these critters. This is top notch technology with clearly fortune in R&D.  In addition there are two discrete exits from the facility - the first one leads to the sewers and the second one to a small nearby parking lot. Plenty of effort was done to conceal these exits/entrances to the compound and it seems like one was used for supply and the other for distribution.

The Mafia is going to take over the legal part of the operation and UCAS officials are going to remove what you have in the basement leaving it empty and barren. Your reward of the run will be a form of 'trust fund'.

That is you will receive a certain amount of cash every month for your share in the operation as well as a free lifestyle in an underground bunker.  Which will start as a low lifestyle but you can upgrade it if you feel like it.  I was thinking that the Mafia has an interest in you hanging out in there for security because they can no longer afford security like the facility had.  So if you happen to be nearby if things go south - it is a big plus for them. 
(Which is why they are going to leave the third floor minus the storage room) to your own use.)

Initially I planned here some social heavy and politics/intrigue episode - but our face character bamfed and while I have an NPC face it seems odd to give so much focus to a scene that revolves around an NPC - so I think that we will just fast forward a bit to the future and conclude these events as the aftermath of the run.


Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (09:58:11/05-27-17)
LOL  Not sure why Kynos completely ignored that Simone was sitting right next to him, but I will play along and have her step out to the restroom or something just before he wakes up, returning as he finishes.

I assumed Simone would take care of the other wounded after tugging Kynos in  ;D

@gilga

Funnily enough I planned to buy a real Trust Fund I with karma, but somewhere further away from the city center
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (12:36:08/05-27-17)
Not one other person has responded that they need any sort of healing help, except for Sovereign and he is otherwise occupied.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (14:14:36/06-10-17)
Kuriem: We moved the game to dumpshock due to avilability problems with this forum. If you see it please create an account and join us. The rest are already there.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (14:28:53/06-12-17)
Ok boss I think I've already made an account on that, will check later.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: gilga on (16:37:26/06-12-17)
Great! we are waiting.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (15:35:18/06-13-17)
Looks like I have trouble with the validation email  ??? Do you think I can contact an admin to validate the account ?
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (16:42:19/06-13-17)
You actually have to send a mail to the admin to activate your account. (Just read the autoreply mail carefully - but don't worry, I think everyone who tried to register had that problem at one time :D)
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (18:34:03/06-13-17)
Hmm it doesn't send the mail at all and since my account isn't activated I can't send messages  :-\

Do you think you can try messaging the admin for me, my account is kuirem as well on there.
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Jack_Spade on (00:43:47/06-14-17)
Have you looked into your spam folder?
I'm afraid sending the mail from the account that was used to create the forums account is essential for activation  ;)

But take a look at this post where you find the address: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=34102
Title: Re: Into the Chaos (OOC)
Post by: Kuirem on (18:32:26/06-16-17)
I've send a mail a few days ago but still no answer, I'm starting to think my mail don't get through..  :(