Shadowrun

Shadowrun Play => Play-by-Post => Topic started by: Crossbow on (20:29:00/09-13-16)

Title: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (20:29:00/09-13-16)
This thread is for use as a place to handle OOC questions and rolls for the New Beginnings DUSK game.  If you aren't in that game, don't post here, but feel free to ask any questions you like about the game by IM.

Players, please create a placeholder post, then once each of the five of you have done so, insert your updated Character Sheets and Background in spoiler tags.

Please hold off on any questions or other posting in this thread until each player has created a placeholder.

Players are:

Necrogigas
Thvor
Hydroraven
farothel
Mercy Merchant
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (21:05:12/09-13-16)
[spoiler=Sam Torley]
Notable changes noted in green.
Name:Paul Freeman
Aliases:Sam Torley / Derrick Walker / Abraham Waterman
Race:Human
Sex:Male
Nationality:UCAS
Money:¥50,323
Lifestyle:High (3 months paid)
Karma:18 (2 remaining)
Physical Description:While very engaging in direct communication, he is nonetheless extremely average, and his exact appearance easily forgotten. Nothing about him stands out--unless he's talking to you.
Personality/background:It's amazing how easy life can be when everyone wants to help you out. Because of his innate charisma and his adept powers, almost everyone he meets ends up agreeing with him and doing what he asks them to. His parents doted on him, perhaps a bit more than is typical in a loving family; certainly, he tended to get whatever he asked for, even though the family's finances couldn't keep up with his requests. Eventually, he decided that his parents simply didn't make enough, and that he could get what he needed directly; he moved out and never looked back. Relying on the kindness of strangers worked surprisingly well, and he became adept at moving in and out of social circles. Naturally, this constant generosity became somewhat boring, so he decided to start Running to bring some excitement into his life. Sam recently joined the Club, a secretive magic group, after being convinced that he has some magical abilities. His trainer there is a young lady named Lyra, who is also a kinesic.

Attributes
BodyAgilityReactionStrength
33 (5)22
CharismaIntuitionLogicWillpower
6522
EdgeMagicEssenceInitiative
4567

Positive Qualities
Adept
Astral Chameleon
Blandness
Negative Qualities
Combat Paralysis
Gremlins (Rating 2)
Poor Self Control (Thrill Seeker)

Active Skills
SkillRankPool
Stealth Skill Group3
Clubs2 (Staves)7 (9)
Con4 (Fast Talk)13(15)
Disguise38
Dodge46
Etiquette413
Infiltration38
Intimidation110
Leadership415
Negotiation415
Palming38
Perception5 (Visual)10 (12)
Pilot Ground Craft13
Pistols16
Shadowing38
Unarmed Combat16
Knowledge Skills ( [Logic + Intuition] x 4 free points)
SkillRankPool
Alcohol27
Art24
Bars and Clubs49
Gangs38
Mafia27
Politics35
Yakuza16
Language Skills
SkillRankPool
EnglishN0
German27
Japanese16
Russian16
Spanish27
Sperethiel38

Adept Powers
PowerRatingPoints
Commanding Voice0.25
Improved Ability (Non-Combat) (Leadership)20.50
Improved Ability (Non-Combat) (Negotiation20.50
Improved Physical Attribute (AGI)21.50
Kinesics31.50
Linguistics0.25
Voice Control0.50

Gear
Fichetti Tiffani Self-Defender
Remington Roomsweeper
Walking stick (Personalized Grip)
Form-Fitting Half-Body Suit
Mortimer of London: Berwick Dinner Jacket (Ensemble)
Vashon Island: Synergist Short Jacket (Ensemble)
Armor Vest
Security Outfit x2
Commlink (Novatech Airware, Mangadyne Deva, Suite: Basic User, Subvocal Microphone)
Scent-masking Cigarette x5
Ammo: Regular Ammo (Holdouts) x46
Ammo: Regular Ammo (Heavy Pistols, slug) 57
Ammo: Regular Ammo (Heavy Pistols, shot) x50
Spare Clip (Fichetti Tiffani Self-Defender) x3
Spare Clip (Remington Roomsweeper) x3
Contact Lenses Rating 1 (Thermographic)
DocWagon Contract: Basic
Earbuds Rating 1 (Audio Enhancement Rating 3)
Fake SIN (Samuel Torley (UCAS)) Rating 4
  • Fake License (Fichetti Tiffani Self-Defender) Rating 4
  • Fake License (Remington Roomsweeper) Rating 4
Fake SIN (Derrick Walker) Rating 6
  • Fake License (Fichetti Tiffani Self-Defender) Rating 6
  • Fake License (Remington Roomsweeper) Rating 6
Fake SIN (Abraham Waterman) Rating 2

Vehicles
Ford Spiral 115Ti (Low-Cost Sports Car) (High Amenities)
HandlingAccelSpeedPilotBodyArmourSensorAvailabilityCost
+215/5518021061-¥46,00

Contacts
ContactNotesC/L
Domingo CortezDomingo "Dom" Cortez is a decendent of a Mexican drug runner who got fed up with his job and just kept heading north. Dom runs a slightly upscale club, the Cabana, in downtown. For the most part, his business is legitimate, though there are some "extra services" available (drugs, prostitutes, and making introductions, primarily) for those who know to ask for them. Dom also keeps his ears open.3/2
Dr. Marcia HalfmoonDoctor Halfmoon is an Amerind who runs a street clinic a few blocks away from downtown. She has a soft spot for orphans, and believes Sam to be one since he doesn't like to talk about his family.1/2
Josef HuxleySam's closest thing to an actual friend, Josef "Jo" Huxley is a well-connected socialite. Since his wealth is inherited, Jo doesn't have a day job; he tends to rest during the day so he can spend the evenings and nights partying. If someone has a lot of money, power, or both, chances are pretty good that Josef knows them.4/3
Lt. Paul HarrisLt. Harris has had a fairly lengthy career in law enforcement, most recently with Knight Errant. He's a solid cop who does his job well, though he lives more comfortably than his KE income would suggest possible--if the price is right and the risk of being caught minimal, he's not opposed to selling information. He taught Sam some basic self defense after chatting over martinis at a party.4/2
Sarah BarefootSarah Barefoot is an Amerind shaman that Sam met during a Run. She's fairly young and attractive, and the two of them have remained in touch. Although Sam has taken her to dinner once or twice, neither is actually interested in dating the other.2/2
Two-FingersTwo-Fingers, as he's known on the streets, is a former Yakuza who managed to get out mostly intact (other than those seven fingers and one thumb, he's fine). Sam doesn't know his real name, just that he has a knack for getting pretty much anything you ask for--drugs, weapons, information, you name it.3/1
LyraSam's primary contact for The Club. Also his current girlfriend.?/?
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (01:32:52/09-14-16)
[SPOILER]

Name: Clementine Mitsui
Alias: Clem
Race: Ork
Sex: Female
Nationality: UCAS
Money: ¥11,095 (¥3,000 owed upon training completion)
Lifestyle: ¥ 2,200  Comforts 2, Entertainment 2, Necessities 2, Neighbourhood 2, Security 2, Network Bottleneck, Worse Neighbours (Bunraku Parlour), Green Plan, Escape Tunnel
Karma: 17 (10 spent)
Physical Description: Stands at 6’1” tall, weighs around 105 Kg, usually wears her shoulder length wavy brown hair up in a bun. She looks quite fit for her build and has a relatively small chest. On her left thigh is an 8cm X 6cm traditional-looking tattoo of a crane, the symbol of the Takeda-gumi. It’s high enough so it doesn’t show unless she wears a miniskirt, which is quite rare.
Personality/background Clementine was born in Seattle and grew up in a rough neighbourhood. She quickly dropped out of school and got friendly with local members of the Takeda-gumi, one of which was a former classmate. She started working for the syndicate before she had realized it. Nothing too fancy at first: providing a safe house for members to cool down after hits, bad deals, etc.
 
After a few years, Clementine got assigned to escort protection, mostly from violent Johns. On one occasion though, a rival enforcer slipped through "surveillance" and was roughing up one of the best earners when Clementine stepped in and handled the enforcer with style. She proved so efficient that the gang boss was impressed enough to send her out to get outfitted/trained for a higher purpose. Upon coming back from her training, Clementine came right in the middle of a turf war against the Kanaga-gumi. She fought as hard as she could, but ultimately the syndicate lost the war, with the boss getting killed.
 
What nobody else knows is that the death of her boss was a direct consequence of Clementine failing her duties. She was supposed to guard the boss' condo, but was led astray chasing a suspicious shadow in the neighbourhood. While the other guards were left at the house, she took it upon herself to pursue the stalker, but ultimately didn't catch him/her. She came back to a blown up condo, with everything blown to smithereens. The boss' body was never actually found, but with bits of body parts everywhere, who would doubt his death?
 
Released from her syndicate, she started wandering the streets, a lost ronin in Seattle selling her skills to the highest bidder, with a grudge towards the syndicate responsible for her career change.
 
Attributes
 
BodyAgilityReactionStrength
5 (6)5 (8 )5 (8 )3 (4)
CharismaIntuitionLogicWillpower
2433
EdgeMagicEssenceInitiative
1/3N/A3.59 (12)

Positive Qualities
Ambidextrous
High Pain Tolerance
Perceptive
Toughness
Martial Art (Muay Thai) (3 months to go)
Negative Qualities
Big Regret (Boss’ Death)
Incompetent (Hacking)
Prejudiced (Outspoken about the Shotozumi-gumi)
SINner
Spirit Bane (Spirit of Beasts)
 
Active Skills
Close Combat Skill Group4
Firearms Skill Group4
Athletics Skill Group2
Heavy Weapons2
Perception3 (5)(+2 Audio, +3 Visual)
Pilot Ground Craft1
Knowledge Skills ( [Logic + Intuition] x 4 free points)
Yakuza Underworld4
Security Design4
Law-Enforcement Procedures4
Japanese Literature3
Firearms2
Language Skills
JapaneseN
English4

Cyber/Bioware
CyberwareEssenceCostNotes
Muscle Toner (2)0.416,000¥+2 to Agility
Synaptic Booster (2)1.0160,000¥+2 to both Reaction and IP
Reception Enhancer (2)0.440,000¥+2 to Perception
Suprathyroid Gland0.745,000¥+1 to Body, Agility, Reaction and Strength

Gear
Katana (Personalized grip) 1,100
Ruger Super Warhawk 250
AZ-150 Stun Baton800
Colt Cobra TZ-110 (Personalized Grip, Sound Suppressor) 1,200
Colt Government 2066 (Personalized Grip, Silencer) 1,000
Vashon Island Steampunk Overcoat 1,000
Form-Fitting Full-Body Suit1,600
Stick-n-Shock ammo X100 (half caseless)1,000
Regular ammo X180 (half caseless)400
Spare Clips X10 (4 shotgun)50
Flash-Bang Grenades X10300
Commlink (Fairlight Caliban, Novatech Navi, Hardening 6) 9,600
Fake SIN (4)(Fumiko Eckhart, UCAS)4,000\
Contact Lenses (3)(Flare Compensation, Image Link, Vision Enhancement 3)525\
Earbuds (2)(Audio Enhancement 3, Spatial Recognizer)420\
Metal Restraints (Mechanical with key)20
Plasteel Restraints X10500
Subvocal Microphone50
Vashon Island Steampunk Corset600
Vashon Island Steampunk Slacks400
Vashon Island Steampunk Blouse250
Franchi SPAS-22 (Personalized grip, Skinlink,, Fore grip) 4,000
EX-Explosive Ammo X18 (shotgun)2,000

Vehicles
Suzuki Mirage
HandlingAccelSpeedPilotBodyArmourSensorAvailabilityCost
+220/502001641-6,500¥

Contacts
ContactNotesC/L
Hiroshi HasegawaFormer Takeda-gumi member turned arms dealer3/3
Louis FreemanKnight Errand Detective3/2
Mathew BrownMinor Politician4/1
Unnamed armorerMarker for weapon purchase3/1
[/SPOILER]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (02:41:37/09-14-16)
Snow's
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (03:29:55/09-14-16)
[spoiler]
Name (real):  Maria De la Vega
Name (fake SIN1, r4): Rachel O’Toole, UCAS citizen
Name (fake SIN2, r3): Samantha Delavine, Horizon citizen
Name (fake SIN3, r6): Jennifer Trelaney, Horizon citizen
Alias: Sammy
Race: Orc
Sex: Female
Nationality: PCC
Lifestyle:
middle, 5500¥/month (due to roommate) (4 months bought, 1 month passed)
Location: Everett, Seattle

She rents a 120 square metre, 3-bedroom top floor apartment in an old building on 172nd street SW, not far from the junction with 36th avenue W in Everett.  It was not in the best of neighbourhoods, but due to the proximity of the Alderwood mall (only 10 minutes on foot) there was some security, as KE patrolled the area around the mall to some extent.  She has also spent a bit more on good locks and a decent firewall for the home node.  Inside it was cozy with cheap but good furniture and some good AR paint.  She had magic for things like hairdressing and general body care, so she didn’t need to pay for that, which helped a lot.  Her brother has the second bedroom while she has put her magical lodge in the third bedroom.

Karma received: 17
Karma remaining: 3
money: 33100

Attributes

BodyAgilityReactionStrength
4433
CharismaIntuitionLogicWillpower
4344
EdgeMagic EssenceInitiative
2566

Positive Qualities
-mage (15)
-national fame (10)

Negative Qualities
dependent (medium) (-10)
Asthma (-15)
SINner (Standard) (-5)
Reduced Hearing (-5)

Active Skills
assensing 3
etiquette (media +2) 1 (3)
blades (swords +2) 2 (4)
con (acting +2)2 (4)
pistols1
perception2
disguise (cosmetic +2)1 (3)
banishing3
summoning3
spellcraft (illusion +2)6 (8 )
Counterspelling1

Knowledge Skills ( [Logic + Intuition] x 3 free points)
Magic Trids 2
Magic Theory 2
Celebrity Gossip 3
gambling card games 2
Horizon media 2
gambling card games2
wines2
acting2
Seattle high society 1
Language Skills
EnglishN
Spanish3
Or’zet2

Spells
Spelldrain
Stunbolt (F/2)-1
fireball (F/2)+5
Heal DmgDV-2
Increase Reflexes (F/2)+2
Improved Invisibility (F/2)+1
Stealth (F/2)+1
Trid Phantasm (F/2)+3
Physical Mask (F/2)+1
Makeover (F/2)
         
initiation: 1 (centering)
(group, oath)

commlink1
commlink/OSsignal/systemresponse/firewall
Hermes Ikon34
Novatech Navi46
Programs: analyse 6 (ergonomic, optimization 2), browse 4, edit 4, encrypt 4, purge 4, scan 4
Options: Optimization (exploit): +1 to actions using program

commlink2
commlink/OSsignal/systemresponse/firewall
Sony Emperor32
Iris Orb35
Programs: analyse 4 (ergonomic, optimization 2), browse 2, edit 2, encrypt 2, purge 2, scan 2

Gear (109290¥)
armored vest 600¥
Form-fitting half-body suit (nonconductivity 3, fire resistant 3) 1800¥
Zoé executive suit ensemble (long jacket) 1950¥
Zoé moonsilver evening gown + scarf + handbag 8500¥
docwagon basic 5000¥
survival knife 50¥
defiance EX shocker 150¥
Ares predator IV (personalised grip, gecko grip) 550¥
Katana (personalised grip, gecko grip) 1200¥
pistol ammo (90 rounds regular, 30 rounds stick-n-shock) 420¥
taser darts (20 rounds regular) 100¥
spare clips (5 pistol) 25¥
commlink accessories: AR gloves, nanopaste trodes (3), satlink, subvocal microphone, sim module 1200¥
Earbuds r3 (audio enhancement 2, select sound filter 1) 430¥
Goggles r5 (image link, flare compensation, smartlink, vision magnification, vision enhancement 2) 1125¥
tool kit (disguise) 500¥
white noise generator r4 200¥
fake SIN rating 4 + 3x fake licence rating 4 5200¥
fake SIN rating 3 + 3x fake licence rating 3 3900¥
fake SIN rating 6 + 3x fake licence rating 6 7800¥
magical lodge materials r6 3000¥
respirator rating 6 600¥
survival kit 100¥
medkit rating 6 + supplies (2) 700¥
flashlight 25¥
sustaining foci (illusion r3, health r2) 50000¥
asthma medication (2 months) 600¥
mage sight goggles + 3m cable 2180¥
Shiawase Kanmushi microdrone (Vision Enhancement r3) 1650¥

Contacts
ContactC/L
James Dermott (Talistmonger)4/3
Melissa Firebird (trid mage)3/4
Jenny Starflinger (ex-agent)5/3

James Dermott: A 45-year old talismonger living near Lake Serene in Everett, he is a friend of Sammy’s old teacher back in LA.  He has a small shop and while he makes some things himself, he buys quite a lot from corporations.  He knows a lot about magic in all of its forms and he also knows quite a lot of people in the magical scene of Everett and beyond (like in some corporations and academia) and occasionally he gets mages in contact with fixers.

Melissa Firebird: A 21 year old human female, she’s currently at UCLA (currently in her final year of a Bachelor of Magic), while working as a mage off screen in the week-ends and holidays.  Her father is VP in a movie studio (a subsidiary of Horizon).  She and Sammy were good friends during high school in LA and they still keep regular contact.  She knows a lot about the trid and glitterati scene and has contact with trid crews and some of the stars (and of course daddy the VP).

Jenny Starflinger: 45 year old human female, she was Sammy’s agent back in LA.  She is well known in LA and works with quite a number of trid stars.  She knows just about anybody who is someone in the trid bizz in LA and beyond, as well as a number of senior executives from Horizon.  Has good Pito rating.  She still tries to get her to come back to the trid from time to time.

Physical Description: A good looking woman, she normally has long hair done up in current fashions.  On runs normally in a simple pony tail.  On runs, she often wears loose fitting clothes, a hat, goggles and a respirator to hide herself (together with a spell and some mundane disguise equipment).
Hair colour: brown
Eye colour: brown
Length: 1m69
Weight: 80 kg
Age: 22

background
Maria was born in East Los Angeles, as daughter of two poor factory workers.  While it wasn’t El Fierno and they managed to get by, live in East LA was far removed from the glamour and glitter of Hollywood.  Live started to get interesting when she was 13.  She was on the bus when she witnessed a stabbing incident.  As there were PCC cops close by, the attacker ran away quickly, but not after stabbing his victim in the chest.  She had just had some CPR classes at school, she went over the see if she could help.  As she tried to stop the blood coming out of the man’s chest, suddenly the wound closed.

It didn’t take long for the arriving medics to figure out what had happened and when they had calmed the young girl down, the police brought her home.  Her parents were worried at first when they saw her arriving with the police, but they were quickly reassured.  As mages were something every company needed, they quickly saw that this would be the way for their daughter out of the slums.  As it was determined after testing that she followed a hermetic tradition, so she was put in a special program at school.

She didn’t find a corporate job, but she did find something else, and that was the trid industry.  When she was 15, Melissa Firebird, a mage friend of hers from school brought her in contact with her father who worked for a subsidiary of horizon.  At first she only worked there during breaks and week-ends and off-screen, mostly turning people invisible and also healing stunt people when something went wrong.  It was a life she really liked and when she was 16, she got her first chance.  A mage had fallen ill and they quickly needed a double.  As she had about the same physical built, she was asked to stand in.  She did so, although under a fake name and this was the start of a career that would last for 5 years.  She liked acting and at the end of the year she even got a small role in one of the episodes of Neill the Orc Barbarian.

When in 2069 the earthquakes shook LA, she was out of town to film on location in the PCC.  It was a trying time as they couldn’t go back and they didn’t know anything about family left in LA.  When they finally were allowed to go back, it took Maria quite some time to find out what had become of her family.  Of the seven people (herself included) only two others survived, one brother and one sister.  She took them with her and tried to get more acting jobs to make ends meet.

In 2070 she got pneumonia from shooting the movie Crash 2.0, ACHE (luckily for her shooting had just finished).  While she recovered, her bronchia have gotten some damage, resulting in periodic asthma attacks.  She keeps it under control with medication and with wearing a respirator, but it still made it difficult at times, especially when filming in desert regions or places with high pollution.

She became known for researching quite a lot for the movies she acted in, even going so far as to learn to fight with a sword and things like that.  While she still liked to do some work off-screen, she got her chance in a big production when she was 19.  It was a classic fantasy movie with magic and swordfights and even a dragon, and she managed to do very well.  She was even nominated for an Oscar for best actress and even though she didn’t win, it was an amazing time for her as Horizon CEO Gary Cline made an appearance at the ceremony.

The next movie she was going to star in was set in Alaska.  While they didn’t go there, they did go to the Saskatoon in the Algonkian-Manitou council.  While filming she stood too close to an explosion and she had to go to hospital as she couldn’t hear anything and she had vertigo.  There they did tests and found she had a punctured eardrum and some inner ear damage as well.  The eardrum closed up, but she had a permanent reduction of her hearing.  While she could get cyber ears to solve the issue, she decided not to as it would interfere with her magic.

A second blow came a couple of weeks later when she got the news that her sister had gone missing.  She went back to LA to search but she couldn’t find her.  She was about to give up when she heard from James Dermott, a Seattleite talismonger and friend of her old magic teacher, that her sister had been spotted in Seattle.  Immediately she moved there, but by the time she arrived she had been found dead.  She decided not to go back to LA and stay in Seattle to think things over, having her brother come over as well and subscribing him in a local school.  She lived on the money she had for now, but after a while she had to search for work again.  James brought her in contact with a Fixer, told her couple of things she would need and so started her career in the shadows.


Filmography
2068 Zombies of the deep - Nathalia (action/horror)
2068 Neil the Orc barbarian - Viera Santos (action, episode 10, season 17)
2069 Up the well - Sandra Turner (action/SF)
2069 Awaking - Laura Jasqui (action/comedy)
2069 Kung fu mage - Lisa Galletly (action)
2070 Crash 2.0, ACHE - captain Sylvia D'Angelo (action/reality)
2070 Crash 2.0, ACHE - captain Sylvia D'Angelo (trid game, voice)
2070 Karl combatmage - Sue White (episode 6+7, season 14) (action)
2071 Sadness, cubed - Laila (episode 2+3, season 3) (Dark comedy) (attitute p65)
2071 Dragons in the mist, Sevelda (action/fantasy) (Oscar nomination best actress)
2071 Dragons in the mist, Sevelda (trid game, voice)
plus some Horizon (and Horizon subsidiary) commercials

family:
Brother:
Marcus De la Vega: 14 year old Ork male.  He was at school when the earthquakes of 2069 hit LA and managed to get onto the roof of the school together with 20 others.  They were rescued after two days by PCC helicopters, but in that time only half of them were still alive.  Although he thought himself hard (and he was to survive in the neighbourhood they grew up in), he was still traumatised by these events.  When three weeks later he was finally re-united with his sisters Maria and Debby, he was tired from lack of sleep due to nightmares.  Maria managed to get him some counselling that did help him of most of his fears.

In 2071 his sister Debby went missing when he was back at school (and a better school than before, thanks to Maria’s sponsoring).  Maria was up North, but as soon as she heard, she came back to start a search.  When Maria relocated to Seattle, Marcus had to go with her (she was his guardian as she was the only family he had left).  He didn’t really like it, as he was used to sunny LA and Seattle was cold and rainy.  Also his new school, which Maria insisted he went to (she had managed to get a partial scholarship).  He didn’t understand why they couldn’t stay in LA, but his sister didn’t want any of it.  He did make a couple of new friends.  So while he wants to go back to LA, he still feels gratitude towards his big sister, who has taken him in and provided for him.  She’s also the only family he still has left and family counts for a lot. 

He tries his best at school, although he does struggle with some courses due to missed time during the earthquakes.  For the rest he is just as rebellious as any teenager.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (04:48:49/09-14-16)
[spoiler=Bullet Storm O'Connor]
Name: Patrick O'Connor
Alias: Bullet Storm
Race: Human
Gender: Male
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Nationality: U.C.A.S.

Lifestyle: Low - Two Months Paid
Karma: 19 (0 remaining)
Nuyen: 29,639¥

Street Cred: 2
Notoriety: 6
Public Awareness: 2

Physical Description: Eyes: Brown    Hair: Brown (buzzcut) Weight: 81.65 kg / 180 lbs. Height: 1.83 m / 6’0”

Attributes

BodyAgilityReactionStrength
455 [8]3
CharismaIntuitionLogicWillpower
2333
EdgeMagicEssenceInitiative
3568 [11]

Positive Qualities
Adept
Ambidextrous
Aptitude (Dodge)
Negative Qualities
Addiction (Mild, Zen)
SINner (Criminal)
Bad Rep
Enemy (Street Gang - Azure Fists)
Vendetta (Street Gang - Azure Fists)

Active Skills
Firearms Group4
Close Combat Group3
Athletics Group2
.
Dodge(Ranged +2)7
Perception (Visual +2)3
Armorer (Firearms +2)1
Intimidation (Physical +2)1
Knowledge Skills
Redmond Barrens Area4
Redmond Barrens Street Gang Turfs4
Firearm History3
Firearm Design (Automatics +2)3
Action Movies3
Language Skills
EnglishN

Initiate Grade: 1
Metamagic:Additional Power Point

Adept Powers
PowerCostNotes
Improved Ability (Dodge)1Rank: 2
Improved Reflexes4Rank: 3
Spell Resistance1Rank: 2

Gear
Weapons
Cavalier Scout x2
w/ Personalized Grip
w/ Skinlink
w/ Smartgun System
.
Fichetti Security 600 x2
(w/ Laser Sight)
w/ Barrel Extension
w/ Custom Look Level 2
w/ Melee Hardening
w/ Personalized Grip
w/ Skinlink
w/ Smartgun System
- Spare Clips x2
.
Ares Crusader x2
(w/ Extended Clip)
(w/ Gas-Vent 2 System)
w/ Fire Select Change (FA)
w/ Underbarrel Weight
w/ Personalized Grip
w/ Skinlink
w/ Smartgun System
- Spare Clips x2
.
Colt M23
w/ Sling
w/ Foregrip
w/ Gas-Vent 3 System
w/ Personalized Grip
w/ Skinlink
w/ Smartgun System
- Imaging Scope (Magnification)
-Flashlight
-Space Clips x3
.
Ruger 100
Ruger Super Warhawk
.
Explosive Rounds (Holdouts) x70
Explosive Rounds (Light Pistols) x290
Regular Rounds (Light Pistols) x8
Stick-n-Shock Rounds (Light Pistols) x60
Explosive Rounds (Heavy Pistols) x6
Regular Rounds (Heavy Pistols) x95
Explosive Rounds (Machine Pistols) x367
Explosive Rounds (Assault Rifles) x307
APDS Rounds (Assault Rifles) x160
Regular Rounds (Sports Rifles) x8
.
Survival Knife
Concealable Holster x2
Hidden Gun arm Slide x2
Quick-Draw Holster x2
.
Armor
Armor Vest
-Fire Resistance R6
-Chemical Protection R3
Vashon Island Synergist Longcoat Ensemble (tailored, jewlery, and addition white shirt and jacket
-Concealable Holster
Form Fitting Half Body Suit
Armor Jacket
-Fire Resistance R6
-Insulation R6
Armor Vest
.
Identification and Licenses
Fake SIN (Mitchell Danvers) R4
Fake License (Driver's) R4
Fake License (Bodyguard) R4
Fake License (Conceal Carry) R4
Fake License (Cavalier Scout) R4 x2
Fake License (FS 600) R4 x2
Fake License (Ares Crusader) R4 x2
Fake License (Colt M23) R4
.
Fake SIN (Cameron Davis) R4
Fake License (Bodyguard) R4
Fake License (Cavalier Scout) R4 x2
Fake License (FS 600) R4 x2
Fake License (Ares Crusader) R4 x2
Fake License (Colt M23) R4
.
Fake SIN (Jonathan Moore) R2
.
Commlink
Hermes Ikon
Iris Orb
-Sim Module
-Skinlink
.
Commlink Accessories
Trodes
AR Gloves
Printer
.
Programs
Basic+ Suite
(Analyze R3, Browse R3, Command R1, Edit R3)
Encrypt R3
.
Visual Sensors
Contact Lenses R3
-Flare Compensation
-Image Link
Skinlink
Smartlink
.
Miscellaneous
Tag Eraser
Armorer Tools Kit
Survival Kit
Medkit R6
Stimulant Patch R3 x2
Clothing (Off-the-Rack Suit)
Zen x10
Novacoke x5

Vehicles
Honda Spirit
HandlingAccelSpeedPilotBodyArmorSensorAvailabilityCost
+110/20801861-10,000¥

Contacts
ContactC/L
Darrel "Tinkerer" Hillbourne (Weaponsmith)3/5
Enrique Ortega (Drug Dealer)2/1
SSG Jeffery Ulrich (Arms Dealer)4/1
Sarah Barefoot (Shaman)2/1

Weaponsmith C: 3 L: 5
Darrel “Tinkerer” Hillbourne, Dwarf Male, 20, has always had a love of guns and a passion for taking them apart and making them better. Had he been born with a SIN, Hillbourne could’ve become a premier weaponsmith for an corporation. Having been born SINless in the Barrens, however, Hillbourne has to eke out a living by arming the gangs and other criminal elements in Redmond. Hillbourne and O’Connor have been close friends since childhood, and their six year separation did little to diminish their bond.
 
Drug Dealer C: 2 L: 1
Enrique Ortega, Orc Male, 20, is a two bit drug dealer that deals mainly in Zen. O’Connor, from time to time, needs to get away from his shitty life, and when he does he calls Ortega for a few hits of Zen. Ortega is as one dimensional as they come. Every single stereotype there is of drug dealers has been distilled to their purest form in Ortega. He’s as sleazy and shifty as the most caricatured media character.

Arms Dealer C: 4 L: 1
O'Connor was given an introduction to Staff Sergeant Ulrich as part of his payment for one hell of a run.


Shaman C: 2 L: 1
O'Connor was introduced to Sarah Barefoot by his teammate Sam Torley. O'Connor sought her assistance in helping him initiate.

Background: Patrick O’Connor was born, June 10th, in the slums of Redmond to Relena O'Connor a prostitute and junkie. His mother did little to care for him, and he was lucky if her pimp didn't beat him up for “looking at him funny.” The only escape he had from his shitty existence where his beloved action movie, especially the trideo remakes of John Woo films. He always dreams of the day he’d be that badass and wouldn’t have to take shit, or beatings, from anyone ever again. Perhaps because of his home life, O’Connor came into his Talent as a physical adept at an early age, and spent his childhood honing his body to be agile and his reflexes to be quick so as to avoid injury. He didn’t realize that he was an adept for a long while, he’d always attributed his Talent to simply being a badass. Along the way he picked up his combat skills by sheer virtue of surviving the Barrens.
 
               At the age of twelve O’Connor ran away from home and fell in with a local gang, The Azure Fists. The AF is a moderate sized gang, but packed quite the punch from boasting an unusual number of physical adepts in their ranks. During the first preliminary trial of his gang initiation, O’Connor was tasked with playing look out while the gang lifted merchandise from a warehouse. It turned out that the gang’s hacker wasn’t nearly as good as he thought and a silent alarm was tripped. Lone Star was at the scene in minutes. In the scramble to escape one of the gang members tripped O’Connor and left him as a diversion while the rest of the gang got away.
 
               Being SINless, O’Connor wasn’t even given a trail. He was thrown to the mercies of the prison system, spending four in what passed for juvie and two in penitentiary. He spent the next six years plotting his revenge on the gang that had betrayed him. At age eighteen, O’Connor was spit up by the prison system right back into the Redmond Barrens. O’Connor hit up his childhood friend, Darrel Hillbourne, as kids they’d both been fascinated by firearms. As an adept, O’Connor had focused his gift on augmenting his combat prowess. As a mundane, Hillbourne focused his talents on building and modifying firearms. Hillbourne set O’Connor up with a gun and found him some work using that gun. After about a year of doing freelance odd jobs for the local powers, O’Connor had enough money to get some serious hardware and decided to start settling his old score with the Azure Fists.
 
               He hit one of their hangouts and hit it hard. When he was done, there was about a dozen bodies and a flaming building. In an uncanny bit of coincidence, that same night another party hit several of the gang’s upper echelon, taking out their targets along with their families and friends. O’Connor hadn’t been quiet about his attack on the gang, and most, including the Azure Fists, believe he was also responsible for the brutal targeted killings as well. The unknown party was content to let O’Connor take the heat for their actions, and O’Connor didn’t really mind it himself. If the gang was going to be coming to him, then it would save O’Connor the trouble of going to them. Now that his personal war was on, O’Connor became a shadowrunner to finance it.

Personality: O’Connor has two main sides; cocky and sullen. His ability to practically Matrix-dodge bullets while laying down withering hails of return fire has made O’Connor arrogant in the extreme. He views all other gunslingers as his inferiors and isn’t afraid to tell or show them that. When he isn’t bragging about his abilities, O’Connor continually replays his betrayal and imprisonment in his mind, while plotting the next step of his vengeance against the Azure Fists.
[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (05:13:40/09-14-16)
So where does the Azure Fist being absorbed into the Halloweeners leave O'Connor's Enemy and Vendetta qualities?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (06:31:17/09-14-16)
So where does the Azure Fist being absorbed into the Halloweeners leave O'Connor's Enemy and Vendetta qualities?

That will depend on you in large part, do you want to take on the whole Halloweeners gang?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (11:04:27/09-14-16)
Feel free to post in the IC thread, if any of you were waiting for more from me, I thought i gave you all enough to chew on.

Or are you guys waiting for Sam and Sammy to make calls?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (18:53:26/09-14-16)
So where does the Azure Fist being absorbed into the Halloweeners leave O'Connor's Enemy and Vendetta qualities?
That will depend on you in large part, do you want to take on the whole Halloweeners gang?
Not really, it just wouldn't be the same. The question is, can the surviving members of the Azure Fists convince the Halloweeners to help them take revenge?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (19:45:09/09-14-16)
So where does the Azure Fist being absorbed into the Halloweeners leave O'Connor's Enemy and Vendetta qualities?
That will depend on you in large part, do you want to take on the whole Halloweeners gang?
Not really, it just wouldn't be the same. The question is, can the surviving members of the Azure Fists convince the Halloweeners to help them take revenge?

Most likely, considering that physical adepts generally don't stay on the lowest tiers of gangs very long.  Also Darryl's information points to some kind of special caste inside the group for the Azure Fists
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (23:21:51/09-14-16)
So where does the Azure Fist being absorbed into the Halloweeners leave O'Connor's Enemy and Vendetta qualities?
That will depend on you in large part, do you want to take on the whole Halloweeners gang?
Not really, it just wouldn't be the same. The question is, can the surviving members of the Azure Fists convince the Halloweeners to help them take revenge?
Most likely, considering that physical adepts generally don't stay on the lowest tiers of gangs very long.  Also Darryl's information points to some kind of special caste inside the group for the Azure Fists
If they're gunning for him, O'Connor will have to stay in the fight especially since the Azure Fists are some type of caste and haven't had their identity wholly absorbed.

On another note, did you intentionally have the Fists link up with a pyro-obsessed gang? Then there's the fact that the Halloweeners leader Nightmare is supposedly an extremely powerful mage. I feel like I should start building a new character.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (00:34:29/09-15-16)
Nope, just lucky.   ;D

Don't get too antsy about any char gen, I have been having great fun torturing this one.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:41:12/09-15-16)
I was under the impression I should not go too far with playing out my "date".  My understanding is that the date is for the weekend, starting on Friday evening and going until Sunday evening.  What day are we all on at the time of Sammy's and Sam's meeting?

Attributes

Body       Agility       Reaction       Strength   
2       5       3(5)       1   
Charisma       Intuition       Logic       Willpower   
6       4       4       3   
Edge       Magic/Resonance       Essence       Initiative   
3       NA       4.55       7(9)   

Positive Qualities
Made Man

Negative Qualities
Lost Loved One
Mysterious Implant, Unknown
Mysterious Implant, Unknown
Poor Self Control - Impulsive (Gambling)
Records on File (EVO)
SINer

Active Skills
Electronics Skill Group   3
Influence Skill Group   2
Cyber Combat  1
Electronic Warfare  1
Hacking   4
Medicine   4
First Aid   5
Perception   2
Dodge   3
Pistols   4
Pilot Ground Craft   1

Knowledge Skills ( [Logic + Intuition] x 3 free points)
Criminal (Vory)   5
Gambling   2
Fashion   2
Nightlife   2
High Society   2
Sex Techniques   4

Language Skills
Russian   N
English   4
Sperethiel   1
Japanese   1
Cantonese   1

Cyber/Bioware
Cyberware   Essence   Cost   Notes
Implanted Commlink   .2   2000¥   Transys Avalon  Firewall 6, System 6
Sim Module   .2   2000¥   
Hot Sim Module   .2   5000¥   
Datajack   .1   500¥   
Smartlink   .1   1000¥   
Synaptic Booster (level 1)   .5 (BIO)   80000¥   +1 to Reaction and IP
Image Link   .1   500¥   
Reaction Enhancer (level 1)   .3   10000¥   +1 Reaction

Commlinks
Model/Operating Systems   Cost   Accessories
Transys Avalon/Novatech Navi   6600¥   Skinlink Subdermal Mic
Renraku Sensi/Renraku Ichi   1600¥   none
Renraku Sensi/Renraku  Ichi   1600¥   none

Programs (35200¥)
Common (All Rating 4)
Analyze
Browse
Command
Edit
Encrypt
Purge
Reality Filter
Scan
Hacking (All Rating 4 except as noted)
Armor 6 + Ergonomic
Attack
Decrypt
Exploit
Medic
Spoof
Stealth
Track

Gear
Medkit 6   600¥
Medkit Supplies x 5   50¥
Armor Clothing  4/0   500¥
Executive Suite Blouse/Skirt/Jacket 5/2   1700¥
Moonsilver Cocktail Dress 3/1   5000¥
Moonsilver Evening Gown 4/1   7500¥
Moonsilver Shawl +1/0   500¥
Ares Predator IV w/ Internal Smartgun System   350¥
Defiance Protector   300¥
Custom Ceramic Light Pistol   1500¥
Taser Darts x25   125¥
Regular Ammunition x80   150¥
Concealable Holster (Taser)   75¥
Concealable Holster (Heavy Pistol)   75¥
IDs and Licenses (All Rating 4)   8800¥
Fake SIN - Ophelia Martin w/ Fake License for Ares Predator IV
Fake SIN – Jane Smith w/ Fake License for Ares Predator IV

Contacts
Contact         Description         C/L
LuAnn (Pixie) Geller         Escort         3/3
Morris Baker         Gambler         3/1
Nickel         Hacker         1/2
Phil         Cab Driver         2/2
Robert Parsons         EVO Corporate Fixer         2/2
Sasha (Vlady) Kosigin         Pimp         3/2
Vory Group         Organized Crime Syndicate         8/4
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (01:23:02/09-15-16)
I was under the impression I should not go too far with playing out my "date".  My understanding is that the date is for the weekend, starting on Friday evening and going until Sunday evening.  What day are we all on at the time of Sammy's and Sam's meeting?

   Even the news is obsessed with tempo, and it seems like right now, every trid channel is covering yet another tempo-fueled crime spree. Outside, the acid rain is pouring down, and the automated weather service has just put out a warning on the chance of sleet tonight. All in all, it’s a miserable Saturday morning. Wouldn’t it be nice to just get away from it all?  That is certainly the thought that Torley and Sammy must be having while they wait for a Club message to be delivered to their table at the upscale breakfast nook they were ordered be at.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (02:48:52/09-15-16)
Ahh.  Thanks.  So my date might not start until Saturday.  Either that or I am already on it and a call could be inconvenient.  It would be very bad form to disappoint my Vory superiors by dumping the guy.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (05:10:01/09-15-16)
I might have missed it, but how much time has passed since the end of the last mission/start of this one?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (05:27:02/09-15-16)
Call it six weeks, total.  The timeline continues to be an issue I know, I want to try and get a little tighter on that, but it is the nature of the beast.

On the subject of the timeline, if Snow is attending the meet, it will be mucking with her plans, as she is scheduled to meet her date at the same time, attending a dinner meeting with him before taking over the rest of his visit for recreation before putting him on a plane Sunday evening.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (07:01:28/09-15-16)
She can join over commlink, or we can tell people she's meeting with a supplier for some extra equipment.  Both Sam and Sammy can pull that off easily.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (07:44:00/09-15-16)
A few more questions

Are the team's upgrades in effect yet? And does O'Connor get the shaman as a contact?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (16:17:20/09-15-16)
She can join over commlink, or we can tell people she's meeting with a supplier for some extra equipment.  Both Sam and Sammy can pull that off easily.

She COULD do that, if things are perfect for you, but they aren't.  Meeting places like the 77 Club are generally prone to having extreme amounts of Matrix protection, signal scramblers and whatnot. 

A few more questions

Are the team's upgrades in effect yet? And does O'Connor get the shaman as a contact?

The shaman has not told O'Conner that he is done, but all the other stuff has been dealt with. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (18:25:47/09-15-16)
A few more questions

Are the team's upgrades in effect yet? And does O'Connor get the shaman as a contact?
The shaman has not told O'Conner that he is done, but all the other stuff has been dealt with.
So everyone but O'Connor gets to use their upgrades for this mission then? And you didn't answer me about the shaman becoming a contact.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (21:14:12/09-15-16)
Yes, you can add her as a loyalty 1.  And don't get axle wrapped about the other part just yet.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (21:37:05/09-15-16)
Clem isn't done with her martial art training and she still has 2.5 months to go, so O'Connor isn't the only one without the full upgrades.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (02:42:47/09-16-16)
I have noticed some of the characters don't have any street names per say (Clem, Sammy and Torley, to be precise). I'm a firm believer in other people choosing one's nickname, so I will put forward my own suggestions and leave my character to your care.

I personally liked Necro's "Starlet" for Sammy, and would submit "Quickjaw" for Torley. What do you think?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (02:53:07/09-16-16)
I like those names, but like you said, I feel that the people should agree.  However, I am well aware that some people just seem to pick up nicknames.  Snow has some that are not very flattering............at least not in polite company.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (03:37:37/09-16-16)
I don't mind Starlet as nickname, but we might have to check on O'Connor's.  While Bullet Storm is appropriate, it's too long to use in combat over a comm system.  Saying 'Connor, 2 mooks on your left' is faster than using Bullet Storm.  So Sammy will probably use Connor in combat

As to making a connection with the matrix in a club as the 77, I always assumed that this was possible.  Magic wards and very good matrix security is obvious, but a lot of people who go there will probably need a matrix connection even if only to continue to check their work email while at the club.  But if not, we'll figure something out.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (03:47:54/09-16-16)
For Sam, I submit Checkmate since he's great at manipulating and maneuvering people. Chess is well outside O'Connor's wheelhouse, so it'd be on someone else to put it forward.

For Clem, I don't really have anything clever at the moment, but I'll keep working on it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (06:50:04/09-16-16)
You guys are like my kids sometimes, I swear,  ::) ??? ;D

I try to be clear, and I go back and I see things just did not get heard right and then I gotta be the bad guy.  Whatev, I'll make it work.

I know I don't really get a vote about such, but I like BS or Con for the resident kill-it, they seem appropriate, Starlet is on point. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (07:05:13/09-16-16)
I've reread the thing about the Club and it's indeed completely blocked.  Sorry about that.

I've also rolled my 'Seattle High Society' knowledge skill to make the answer I've done in the IC topic (that it has a quite strict dress code).
seatle high society knowledge (http://orokos.com/roll/437223): 5d6t5 2

I'll wear my Zoé Executive suit with my form-fitting armour underneath (that's why I took the half suit in the form-fitting armour, so I could wear it beneath clothes like this).  The evening gown is a bit too much I think. ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (09:45:38/09-16-16)
Necro--you sniped my post.  ;) Dunno how much editing you want to do; you clearly put some work into that setup. But Sam's willing to do the "heavy work" (and payment) on this one.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (09:53:41/09-16-16)
I want to do exactly zero editing, I put way too much effort into that post.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (17:50:07/09-17-16)
Do you guys need to do something extra, or can I move things to the meet?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (22:15:07/09-17-16)
Going to the meet is fine with me.  I am having a good time by the pool and will be off to a dinner meeting later.  Give my regards to the J and keep me informed.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (23:11:38/09-17-16)
All I'm waiting on is for Crossbow to give me some numbers.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (22:17:26/09-18-16)
Feel free to handle any greetings before you enter.  Bullet Storm really does look quite remarkable in his new suit. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (22:45:41/09-18-16)
He damn well better. Even though this is a game of pretend, the poor kid in me is gnashing at the fact my character just dropped six large on a suit.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (22:50:13/09-18-16)
I bet you look fabulous.  Snow would like a photo.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (15:41:09/09-19-16)
I am ready to go live with the next post, but I want to give Thvor a chance to give Torley a club entrance post.  Once he checks in again, I will move you to the meet.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (03:37:44/09-20-16)
How big does a fire have to be to trigger O'Connor's newly developed pyrophobia? I keep forgetting I took that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (05:22:08/09-20-16)
Shoot, I did to.  I would say this would definitely qualify.  In general, I would say anything bigger than a match would make him uncomfortable, anything this size, visibly so.

On that note, I need casual perception check by the rest of the team to notice Con getting averse to the hearth fire.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (05:24:20/09-20-16)
And where is the fireplace in relation to where the table and Johnson are? O'Connor would want to be where I placed him, but will obviously sit as far away from the fire as possible.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (06:47:28/09-20-16)
Shoot, I did to.  I would say this would definitely qualify.  In general, I would say anything bigger than a match would make him uncomfortable, anything this size, visibly so.

On that note, I need casual perception check by the rest of the team to notice Con getting averse to the hearth fire.

Here is Sammy's perception check (I've not counted any bonuses from equipment, but also no penalties from the light, as I have low-light vision) :
intuition 3 + perception 2 =5 (http://orokos.com/roll/438236): 5d6t5 1
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (07:40:45/09-20-16)
Clem's perception roll: Perception 3 + Intuition 4 + Perceptive 2 + Vision Enhancer 3 (http://orokos.com/roll/438244): 12d6t5 5 no glitches.

She will also look at the elf to try to see if she can't get any extra information besides the obvious. Perception 3 + Intuition 4 + Perceptive 2 + Vision Enhancer 3 (http://orokos.com/roll/438245): 12d6t5 5 no glitches.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (12:29:08/09-20-16)
Sam's perception on the Johnson; one thing I'd hope to pick up on is whether the smile's effect on her face is natural, or if it's actually some sort of artificial effect (probably magical, given how she's connected to us): INT[5] + Perception[5] + Visual[2] (http://orokos.com/roll/438323): 12d6t5 6

...and perception on noticing Con's reaction: INT[5] + Perception[5] + Visual[2] (http://orokos.com/roll/438324): 12d6t5 6

Wow. And yes, those are two different rolls! :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:43:19/09-21-16)
Nice rolls there.  Sam should see just about anything.

As for Snow, I do not know how far to take the evening.  Crossbow, is there something special about the dinner or the people there that means I should not venture much farther on this path without you adding something first?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (00:52:49/09-21-16)
Keep your timeline current with the team's.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (02:55:37/09-21-16)
Crossbow, I'm still waiting for the cost of modifying the machine gun and hunting rifle. I sent the builds to you quit a while ago, if you don't have them anymore I can resend them.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (04:45:17/09-21-16)
yes, resend them.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (02:08:02/09-22-16)
What is the form by which the rest of you have decided to let your own personal little Gozers manifest?

Just a quick question as English is not my first language (and it is for my character): what do you mean with the above sentence?
Are we allowed to reply to this or do we have to wait for Sam?

And lastly: team: I'd suggest we tell that Snow is getting some equipment, a meeting she had set up before she knew about this one and we thought that we could do negotiations without her (or something like that).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (02:52:30/09-22-16)
The Snow excuse makes sense, but it's not something Clem would say. I think Torley would easily come up with that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (06:30:38/09-22-16)
What is the form by which the rest of you have decided to let your own personal little Gozers manifest?

Just a quick question as English is not my first language (and it is for my character): what do you mean with the above sentence?
Are we allowed to reply to this or do we have to wait for Sam?

And lastly: team: I'd suggest we tell that Snow is getting some equipment, a meeting she had set up before she knew about this one and we thought that we could do negotiations without her (or something like that).

Gozer was the god that the Ghostbusters fought at the end of the first movie. It manifested the giant stay puft marshmallow man when it asked them to choose the form of their destruction.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (06:36:25/09-22-16)
What is the form by which the rest of you have decided to let your own personal little Gozers manifest?

Just a quick question as English is not my first language (and it is for my character): what do you mean with the above sentence?
Are we allowed to reply to this or do we have to wait for Sam?

And lastly: team: I'd suggest we tell that Snow is getting some equipment, a meeting she had set up before she knew about this one and we thought that we could do negotiations without her (or something like that).

I do remember that (that was funny). :P  What is meant with our own personal Gozers?  Does she mean our own demons? :)

Gozer was the god that the Ghostbusters fought at the end of the first movie. It manifested the giant stay puft marshmallow man when it asked them to choose the form of their destruction.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (07:22:37/09-22-16)
What is the form by which the rest of you have decided to let your own personal little Gozers manifest?

Just a quick question as English is not my first language (and it is for my character): what do you mean with the above sentence?
Are we allowed to reply to this or do we have to wait for Sam?

And lastly: team: I'd suggest we tell that Snow is getting some equipment, a meeting she had set up before she knew about this one and we thought that we could do negotiations without her (or something like that).

Gozer was the god that the Ghostbusters fought at the end of the first movie. It manifested the giant stay puft marshmallow man when it asked them to choose the form of their destruction.

I do remember that (that was funny). :P  What is meant with our own personal Gozers?  Does she mean our own demons? :)

I think it's a rather obtuse way of asking us what our skills are.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (08:06:21/09-22-16)
I wouldn't say obtuse, obscure certainly.  Skill set is the gist of it, and yes, that was the reference.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (23:55:21/09-22-16)
Fun random question, what does everyone say their character's D&D alignment is?

O'Connor is definitely chaotic, but whether he's neutral or evil is somewhat debatable. He's hyper violent, but that violence is directed at those who've wronged him or are in the way of completing the run. Probably evil though since he doesn't take any other path than the most lethal.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (00:29:42/09-23-16)
I think Sam would fall in the true neutral category. He knows there are rules; he just expects the rest of the world to follow them more than he does. ;-)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (02:26:31/09-23-16)
Snow is Lawful Evil.  She is heart and soul a Vory soldier and has worked her way up the ranks.  She believes in the Vory oaths tattooed on her arms and follows their laws.  She is evil because she has and would kill again if her superiors told her to.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (04:42:42/09-23-16)
I'm really fuzzy on the alignments, as it's been a while since I played D&D (or AD&D as it was known in my days :p), but I think it would either be Chaotic Good or Lawful Evil, whichever describes respecting her own morals but not having problems breaking the laws of the land.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (05:04:36/09-23-16)
I'm really fuzzy on the alignments, as it's been a while since I played D&D (or AD&D as it was known in my days :p), but I think it would either be Chaotic Good or Lawful Evil, whichever describes respecting her own morals but not having problems breaking the laws of the land.

Chaotic Good character do what they believe is right and just irrespective of what others think or what the laws are. Lawful Evil character amass power so that they can enforce their will, or the will of their clan/organization/etc, on others.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (05:16:42/09-23-16)
I don't think many shadowrunners can be lawful, as we break the law by design.  I think Sammy would be neutral, with a bit of good.

PS: if you're not familiar with alignments, see the attached picture for an explanation
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (05:22:53/09-23-16)
Lawful doesn't necessarily mean following the law, at least by my interpretation. It's more about following a code that exists outside of one's self. Snow, as an example, is a member of the Vory. Though the Vory are a criminal syndicate, they have a hierarchy and a code. Members are expected to follow that code, honor their oaths, and respect their superiors. All of that is Lawful.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (08:12:49/09-23-16)
Chaotic Good it is then ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (08:40:14/09-23-16)
So team composition is

Sammy - Neutral Good
Clem - Chaotic Good
Torley - Neutral
Snow - Lawful Evil
O'Connor - Chaotic Evil

Oh, god, this team is going to tear itself apart the first time a tough moral choice has to be made.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (09:16:29/09-23-16)
Oh, god, this team is going to tear itself apart the first time a tough moral choice has to be made.

Tell me something I didn't know :)

Since there are no laws in Lagos except the law of the strongest (and on the island there is also some semblance of law), things will be more tricky for Sammy and Clem.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (11:11:37/09-23-16)
Are the runners going to Lagos?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (11:15:05/09-23-16)
Are the runners going to Lagos?

Yes we are.  I know that the first part of the artefacts search is in Lagos (or around it, but that's basically the same thing).  And the message said 'exotic location'.  Time to get that water purification spell.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (23:56:20/09-23-16)
Since there are no laws in Lagos except the law of the strongest (and on the island there is also some semblance of law), things will be more tricky for Sammy and Clem.

Sound's like O'Connor's type of place. Maybe he should take lead on this one.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (21:26:26/09-25-16)
Wow.  I am going to have to believe that the GM has a plan for this, because right now I am feeling a bit set up.  I cannot break from what I am doing until sometime Sunday and now I also have to be ready to leave pronto.  I will wait to see if anything develops.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (22:33:46/09-25-16)
No plan.  Qualities are challenges to be worked around and you take the hits that go with it.  Make it work.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (22:44:25/09-25-16)
LOL  Alright, we can do this.  Right now I know nothing of what is being discussed with the J and very little of anything happening at the dinner meeting.  Am I to continue winging that meeting?  I can if you have no plan for it, but do not wish to go ahead of my team.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (02:14:50/09-26-16)
Negotiation: Skill[4] + CHA[6] + Improved Ability[2] + Kinesics[3] (http://orokos.com/roll/439608): 15d6t5 4

...well, that sucked. No glitch, but I could've done about as well buying hits. Sigh. Though if she's really worried about time, that should either give Sam more dice or take some away from her pool...

Since there's a cooling trail, maybe Torley should ask her how much longer it would take to find a more amenable team?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (03:07:45/09-26-16)
No plan.  Qualities are challenges to be worked around and you take the hits that go with it.  Make it work.

I would say we set-up a web-ex meeting, but with the matrix blockers in the club, that's going to be a bit difficult.  We can also use Necro's suggestion of course.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (07:14:24/09-26-16)
Wow.  I am going to have to believe that the GM has a plan for this, because right now I am feeling a bit set up.  I cannot break from what I am doing until sometime Sunday and now I also have to be ready to leave pronto.  I will wait to see if anything develops.

No plan.  Qualities are challenges to be worked around and you take the hits that go with it.  Make it work.

Mercy, you can bet good money that the moment we take a run within Seattle, Halloweeners are going to be coming out of the woodworks to take down O'Connor. As for the current situation, how bulletproof is your backstory? How okay are the Vory with Snow moonlighting as a shadowrunner?   If you put in safeguards, they should understand that there are impromptu opportunities within the shadows.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (07:46:56/09-26-16)
Continue winging, keeping pace with the other timeline, so when the trainwreck happens it is real time.  Enjoying your story, nothing i need to add.

LOL  Alright, we can do this.  Right now I know nothing of what is being discussed with the J and very little of anything happening at the dinner meeting.  Am I to continue winging that meeting?  I can if you have no plan for it, but do not wish to go ahead of my team.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (08:32:05/09-26-16)
Have your 'customer' fall asleep quickly (maybe with the aid of some 'herbs') and then you can slip out quickly before he wakes up. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (09:41:32/09-26-16)
My Vory superiors have been supportive in the past and I would think they will support me going to Lagos when I tell them.  After all, I am not a minion soldier, but a bit higher on the criminal food chain.  In this case, though, right now I am doing something important for them and I do not yet know the team mission.  I have to see this through until the client leaves for the airport.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (01:01:01/09-27-16)
Well that went downhill fast.  Is Torley going to call this off or swallow his pride and lose face?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (01:17:10/09-27-16)
 No loss of face, he took his shot.  No shame
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (02:28:26/09-27-16)
So I guess the brainstorming on how we get Snow to this meeting starts. Anyone has any suggestions?

I would put forward the possibility of a switcheroo. We get this Vory VIP a high class escort (or two) to make up for the fact Snow has to leave, and we make sure he stays satisfied with the organization as a whole. I'm sure Snow can sweet-talk him into that trade ;)

Actually, Clem might know a girl or two, as she started by being muscle for working girls for the Yaks.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (03:06:11/09-27-16)
If it's just the face she wants to see, I'm sure we all have a picture or short video somewhere on our commlink.  That's not a big issue.

@Crossbow: what are the possibilities to set up a remote thing.  I know the club is shielded, but can we ask to have (to use today's parlance) one comm port opened?

@team: another actually very big question: how far are our characters in-game willing to go?  Sammy is quite reluctant to leave Seattle right now due to the issues with her brother, so if the Johnson is like that, she's all for just pulling the plug on this and search for something else.  While I (Farothel, the player) am willing to make this work, the fact is that my character has been reluctant from the start.

EDIT: I've added something IC.  If I have to roll something, please let me know.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (05:24:19/09-27-16)
Snow going on this run has to be done with the blessing of the Vory. The team needs to have some form of incentive to justify pulling Snow off Mr. Big Shot and sending her off to Lagos.


O'Connor's completely down for going to Lagos. He's imagining a city wide Barrens that's even more darwinian and hostile than Redmond. He's rather excited.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (07:56:30/09-27-16)
Clem doesn't know much about Lagos, as she has never really had to deal with it. For her, it'll be like another business trip, which she is fine with.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (08:29:19/09-27-16)
If it's just the face she wants to see, I'm sure we all have a picture or short video somewhere on our commlink.  That's not a big issue.

@Crossbow: what are the possibilities to set up a remote thing.  I know the club is shielded, but can we ask to have (to use today's parlance) one comm port opened?

@team: another actually very big question: how far are our characters in-game willing to go?  Sammy is quite reluctant to leave Seattle right now due to the issues with her brother, so if the Johnson is like that, she's all for just pulling the plug on this and search for something else.  While I (Farothel, the player) am willing to make this work, the fact is that my character has been reluctant from the start.

EDIT: I've added something IC.  If I have to roll something, please let me know.

You have the wrong idea, the Johnson wants to meet Snow in person, also there is no way you can accept the job and Snow to finish her 'date'.

Sammy's brother is not going to get put to bed, it is an ongoing struggle.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:07:44/09-27-16)
Hmmmm.  It seems like I am ruining the chance to take this job.  Sorry.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (10:28:47/09-27-16)
Hmmmm.  It seems like I am ruining the chance to take this job.  Sorry.

Don't worry about it.  There has to be a way out, otherwise it will be a very short run and a lot of preparation gone. :P
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (11:30:13/09-27-16)
I hate to say it, but Sam's about willing to let this job go. The elf has rubbed him completely the wrong way, and is clearly still trying to jerk the team around--"we must leave immediately, but you need to prepare and get immunizations, but we must get everybody here right now so we can leave, but if you say no I have time to get others". Either this is a rush job where time is so important that we need to pull Snow off her date, in which case Queen Frosty should have indicated something in the initial contact (and presumably have the necessary immunization stuff pre-arranged), or we can take a few days to prepare, which gives Snow plenty of time. She can't have it both ways. Also, the initial contact did not require the entire team to be present (Torley and Sammy could easily have come by themselves), so Sam's surprised that the elf is bitching that they didn't all drop everything and come at her beck and call.

He's also aware that Sammy is very reluctant to go, though he doesn't know why.

He's got obligations to the Club, but he's not convinced right now that those obligations include putting up with this Johnson.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (11:48:14/09-27-16)
You do understand that you came into this negotiation the wrong way in the first place.  I understand that Torley is an arrogant shit, but you have always approached jobs like the person should roll over and beg for your help.  It doesn'twork that way. 
.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (12:16:46/09-27-16)
From the list of questions I filled out way back when we first started:
Quote
Why does your character run the shadows? - Boredom, mostly, though the income does help pay for his stuff. He loves the excitement of meeting new people and convincing them to do what he wants, though the violence part of Running still makes him queasy.
How does your character view their role as a shadowrunner? - He feels that he ought to be in charge, because really, who could possibly be more important than himself? This attitude has been known to create friction--both with other Runners and with the Johnsons who have dealt with him.

So there's that.

But I don't think I've played him that arrogantly when dealing with the Johnsons. I've tried to keep his expectations for the pre-job meetings along the lines of business partners--he respects the Johnsons because they've got the money, but he expects them to respect his team for having the skills. He's got enough spare nuyen that he can enjoy his lifestyle for a fairly lengthy period of time, so he's not going to go into the meeting with a "we need this job or I don't eat" attitude. He's not going to beg for work like the current Johnson seems to expect (at least, not unless the rest of the team tells him that they need the job). He knows the team is good, and he expects the Johnsons who come to him to have at least some respect for that fact--they're not picking a random group of chummers off the street corner, they're hiring a battle-tested group of professionals.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (18:28:13/09-27-16)
Hmmmm.  It seems like I am ruining the chance to take this job.  Sorry.
Don't worry about it.  There has to be a way out, otherwise it will be a very short run and a lot of preparation gone. :P
Crossbow already said he didn't have a plan for an easy out. There may not even be a way out. If it comes down to Vory or Heaven's Devils, Snow will obviously complete her mission for the Vory. It also seems that we cannot proceed with the run without her. Even if we could that would effectively kick Mercy out of the game, since these runs take like two years to complete. This mission is looking more and more like it's getting scrapped. A shame, I was rather looking forward to this one.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (19:13:15/09-27-16)
Yeah, as a player, I'm in favor of going forward because you guys rock and I enjoy playing with you.

However, at this point, two of our characters are being hampered by their negative qualities and we have little to no incentive for us (as characters) to try to overcome them. The Johnson is not doing anything to endear herself to any of us, and by her own admission she's offering as little as she thinks she can get away with, in addition to the mixed signals she's giving us on the time constraints.

Sammy and Torley may be obligated to go because of the Club's rules (I honestly don't remember how strict they're supposed to be about that sort of thing), but it's going to be awkward for Sammy because of her brother, and Torley won't be happy working with this Johnson. Con is obviously eager to go, but at this point, it seems like it's up to him (and the Johnson) to convince the rest of us that the job is worth it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (21:19:34/09-27-16)
Okay, now that I have started to handle things as best I can IC, let's see what we can do here.

I don't see the problems you guys are seeing. Torley is a little butthurt, but he really is playing out of his depth here, I understand faking it until you make it, but you have to know when to drop back.  She is not expecting you to crawl, she is messing with you, from a sense of fun.

The Club's rules haven't been invoked, yet, because Johnson hasn't issued an order, but that could change.  It doesn't seem like she wants to go that route though.

There is not an easy way out at this point for Snow, this is a question of loyalties and obligations, to the team and to the Vory.  I would say at this point if she were to arrange for her guest's entertainment she will technically fill her obligation to the Vory.  There may be some talk, but her loyalty is not to this particular part of the family, she doesn't even like these guys, so losing face to the Devils might trump at this point.

Sammy will get the chance to see Marcus again, but that situation is long term, I am not trying to settle it quickly.

Anything else I can address?


Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (22:44:17/09-27-16)
Guess Crossbow completely overpowered your negotiations rolls Thvor, which would explain why the J is not budging at all on the price. And Clem being brought up in Japanese culture, she has no real issues with the Johnson at this moment. To her, the arrogance just comes as a perk of being the "boss".

So, do we go the hooker route for Snow? Clem doesn't have any hooker contacts, but in her bio she did work with a lot of them. So maybe Crossbow can give us a pass on the time factor for that, although we would probably have to pay a "late-booking" penalty or something.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (01:36:29/09-28-16)
There is not an easy way out at this point for Snow, this is a question of loyalties and obligations, to the team and to the Vory.  I would say at this point if she were to arrange for her guest's entertainment she will technically fill her obligation to the Vory.  There may be some talk, but her loyalty is not to this particular part of the family, she doesn't even like these guys, so losing face to the Devils might trump at this point.

Sammy will get the chance to see Marcus again, but that situation is long term, I am not trying to settle it quickly.


Crossbow: I want to stress here that I really enjoy this as a player.  Negative qualities are there to be negative, otherwise why bother taking them.  I have no problems there.
That said, my character feels reluctant to leave her brother so soon.  She will do it if she must, but here I think I play the character well by showing reluctance due to the negative quality.  That's also part of the fact that she has that.

As to Snow's problem: providing other entertainment should do the trick (I don't have any contacts there either), especially if she tells her Vory contacts she will go to Lagos and there she can have a look at making some contacts.  As far as I know out game, the Vory don't have a presence in Lagos (and if they have, it certainly isn't big) so if she can make some deals there, it might help.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (02:19:59/09-28-16)
I, too, do not have any issue playing out the qualities.  That is what they are there for, right?  I feel I do need to point out that Made Man is a positive quality, not a negative one.  That said, I think I can write her out of the problem, at least I hope I can.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (04:23:50/09-28-16)
Since Clem indicated we should all go, I assume we all went and we can have a quick conversation before Snow arrives, as I assume that she won't be there in five minutes.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (04:58:22/09-28-16)
You guys were Downtown, she might have taken 10, just long enough to get antsy, without a real drain on the time factor
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (17:29:24/09-28-16)
Sam has a contact that can provide some good quality hookers.

Not that I ever expected to write something like that.  :D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (01:21:50/09-29-16)
Why would you ever take that contact if not to have the chance to say you have a direct line to remunerated pleasures?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (10:28:09/09-29-16)
Heh. Honestly, I was expecting Domingo to be a potential source of jobs and information. The prostitutes were mentioned because they're in line with his character, not because Sam's likely to ever utilize them.

Quote from: Domingo Cortez, connection 3/loyalty 2
Domingo "Dom" Cortez is a decendent of a Mexican drug runner who got fed up with his job and just kept heading north. Dom runs a slightly upscale club, the Cabana, in downtown. For the most part, his business is legitimate, though there are some "extra services" available (drugs, prostitutes, and making introductions, primarily) for those who know to ask for them. Dom also keeps his ears open.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (20:03:01/10-02-16)
Now I am confused.  I was agreeing with her but she has said the inoculations are on us and I was just telling her that I would call someone to find out what was needed and then get them.  I also asked if we might go to any neighboring countries so I could prepare for that as well.  Now she is acting like I was making excuses for not wanting to go.  I even told her that I was working on a solution for my other commitment.  I do not understand her..  What did I say wrong?

Now, even I do not really want to work for this woman.  She is acting like a sniff at money and we drop everything we are doing to jump to her tune. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (20:50:06/10-02-16)
Okay, that was NOT the impression I got from reading that post, and with the stress your team has already put on her, I don't think it was an inappropriate reaction.  You guys are asking for a lot of leeway from a person who doesn't HAVE to put up with it.

Regardless of misinterpretation, you have an out to still take the job, which you won't have if Snow actually does what she posted doing, nor would it be at all smart or logical for her to do so.  Mercy, please rethink the post and remember the level of class your character projects, this isn't the place for that kind of outburst as it will affect not only this run but future employment.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (21:32:53/10-02-16)
I have edit the post, but I do not see how she could have misinterpreted what I said.   

"I can certainly do the immunizations."  This seems pretty clear to me that I am telling her that I can do the immunizations.  "I will check with the medical institutions and find out what is required for the country.  Is there a chance that we will be leaving Lagos for any neighboring countries?"  This also seems pretty clear that I am telling her that I will check on what medicines are needed and that I was asking about what neighboring countries we might be going to.  "And I have a contact that should be able to provide me with the drugs, but things might be hard at this time of night.  I will try to work miracles, but there could be a delay we cannot avoid."  Here I was pretty clear that I have a line on a supplier for the medicines, but I am not a pharmacy and so will be at the mercy of one.  " As for my other job, I do need to go back and put certain things into place to make sure that my obligations are met.  I am sure that a businesswoman such as yourself can understand that."  She had already said something about going home to get gear and clothes.  I was letting her know where I would be going and that I would try to unentangle myself from my current job.  As a businesswoman, would she appreciate it if someone just up and quit on her?  I think that answer to that question is a big no.  "Do we have a com code for you so we can keep in touch?"  I do not see an issue with this, either.

If this was a real situation, I would definitely put this down to a deliberate misinterpretation.  If the other stress caused that, I wonder what she will be like in the field?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (21:54:00/10-02-16)
Crossbow, you can eat the longest, thickest dick you can find. I was super looking forward to this run. I've wanted to play it for years.

You throw up roadblocks on Mercy, and then lay down a punishment for those roadblocks existing? Are you fucking kidding me?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (23:08:22/10-02-16)
"And I have a contact that should be able to provide me with the drugs, but things might be hard at this time of night.  I will try to work miracles, but there could be a delay we cannot avoid."  Here I was pretty clear that I have a line on a supplier for the medicines, but I am not a pharmacy and so will be at the mercy of one.  " As for my other job, I do need to go back and put certain things into place to make sure that my obligations are met.  I am sure that a businesswoman such as yourself can understand that."  She had already said something about going home to get gear and clothes.  I was letting her know where I would be going and that I would try to unentangle myself from my current job.  As a businesswoman, would she appreciate it if someone just up and quit on her?  I think that answer to that question is a big no.

These are the two statements that are at issue, add in the fact that your absence was explained as being on business and you show up dressed for a date.  You guys were asking why she didn't seem like she was in a hurry, she is.  This is also about expectation. What she expected and what she got are not remotely similar and she is expecting you to help her do this thing, she believes she is paying you well and is not asking a great deal from you beyond risk.

This is not on any one of you, this is on the group, and you still have the option to make it happen so I really don't see where I am doing something to wrong you guys, I am willing to hear you out though.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (23:52:45/10-02-16)
I, the player, don't see any issues with this situation. If anything, I see it as a great opportunity for role playing our characters, and am willing to give it a go :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:04:49/10-03-16)
Given the time of the day, I do not see the issue she might have with me saying I will need to work miracles to get immunizations.  Now, I can change that idea if it really is easy to get that sort of thing at this time   I was planning on using my Vory contacts to get that set up.  And she is absolutely crazy if she thinks this is not an inconvenience to me or others.  She really is asking quite a bit of us other than risk and if she cannot see that, she is not a businesswoman.  Like I said, she would not want to be treated like that if she was the other employer.  So, yes.  I do think that the woman has been incredibly unwilling to bend or to even show concern for what she was asking us to do when she knows that I have an engagement already.

I am more than willing to play qualities out, but this is a positive quality, not a negative one.  I have not had a chance to RP that part out yet, but that is the next step if the group decides to go for this woman's offer.  I, too, am willing to RP this out, but so far all the RP has done is piss her off and get her to leave with not one shred of a thought to compromise.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (03:11:52/10-03-16)
I've done this part of this run before, on another PbP (it unfortunately stopped right after we arrived in Lagos) and on that PbP the Mrs. Johnson was pushy (as they all are), but she did arrange for the immuziations for the team (as arranging those in a couple of hours is close to impossible), and we left the following morning.  Also, having one member absent during a meeting is something I've had before and it never posed a problem (and we did in fact get here there).  Thirdly, I think Snow was very reasonable in saying she would have to do a lot of work to get immunizations on time and most runner teams I've worked in wouldn't be able to do it at all.

The fact that Snow is dressed for a date and not a business meeting means nothing, as a business meeting can require that sort of clothing or Snow was planning on going out after the business meeting and was already dressed for it.  That's just pure assumption on Mrs. J's part without any foundation at all.  And I also agree with Mercy that it's a positive quality, so she should get more advantages out of it than disadvantages (with my Dependent negative quality, things are different of course).

For Sammy things are easy at this point: unless the Johnson comes back, it's game over.  It's not her problem that the Johnson had unrealistic expectations.

From what I can see there might have been some misinterpretations:
-we only gave our names, not what we did in the team (but we've never had to do that on other jobs, and if she knows so much about us to have certain expectations, she should already know)
-Snow wasn't there (but as I said before, it's not unheard of for one member to be absent during negotiations, as long as it's understood who that member is and what s/he does).
-Torley talked about knowing her before (that might be a goof, but in my opinion a small one and if the J had simply ignored it, the rest of the team would never have picked up on it).
-during the negotiations she offers some money and of course Torley asks for more.  If she's a runner, she should know that this is what happens during that part of the negotiations
-I also think the Johnson was way too pushy and yes, Torley might have been a bit too arrogant, but all faces are and a Johnson who can't deal with that has no business being a Johnson.
Some of these might be due to the format, as PbP has some disadvantages that way (not being able to read facial expressions is one of the big ones here).

I think the best way to solve this, is to give the team a bit more time to do the immunizations (or have some arrangements where we can get them) and also to get their stuff ready.


I'll also remind you that from next week I'll be out for 3 weeks, so whatever we decide, I won't be able to post for quite some time.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (06:21:31/10-03-16)
To play devil's advocate here, I don't think the Johnson's reaction is that far-fetched. I assume she has heard of the team through the secret magical society, which might have informed her about the recent trip to Hollywood. So she might be expecting a certain degree of professionalism, but at the same time she comes into a room expecting 5 runners, and one of them is missing while another one is apparently freaking out for no reason, wanting to somehow get out of the room by all means. On top of that, she offers what she thinks is a fair pay rate and gets rebuffed with a ridiculous offer (and by that I mean a terrible roll).

So her walking out doesn't sound so strange to me. And at the same time, I'm sure Crossbow as the GM wouldn't create an impossible situation for us; after all, where is the fun in everything grinding to a halt?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (08:04:50/10-03-16)
The Johnson got pissy from the start when the team didn't lay out their roles. I don't know what of kind of Johnsons you've encountered, but in my experience with Shadowrun they rarely even ask for names. If a single runner isn't there, the Johnson may get miffed but it's never been a dealbreaker like this. Hell in the opening story for Shadowrun 4th, Buzzkill, the Johnson doesn't ask for names or team roles and doesn't even comment on the hacker not being there. This bitch doesn't have the goddamn right to get offended when she's the one breaking standard operating procedure.

You made complications out of Snow's positive quality and then punish all of us when she isn't willing drop to everything and cross the goddamn Russian mob?

On top of that, you've completely changed the parameters from the Johnson being able to handle the innoculations and leaving early in the morning, to "You're on your own fuckwads and we're leaving at midnight." How in the hell are we expected to get our hands on this crap in less than six hours?

From the start of this meeting you've been acting like you don't even want to run this adventure. So why go through all this? For the fun of jerking us around and wasting our time?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (09:38:50/10-03-16)
Whoa Necro, let's not get too worked up here. Having been on both sides of the partition (yeah, I used partitions in my AD&D days), I hated nothing more than players that bitched and moaned every time I made a DM (or in this case GM) decision. I would set up this awesome situation where things all fell into place, or would test the players to see if they could come up with an original solution (and reward them accordingly if they did), but had to struggle because someone didn't like the "probabilities" of something happening, or I didn't apply all the rules as they were laid out. Sometimes I let things slide for the sake of storytelling, but I expected the same slack when I restricted some mechanics for a certain situation.

In the end, what I am saying is trust in the GM. If he made the meet more difficult, I'm sure there is a good reason behind it. Crossbow has nothing to gain from our characters not accepting this run: if anything, he has to rack his brains out to find an alternative reason to get everyone in a plane.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (09:52:14/10-03-16)
I agree with Hydro.  I think the J has been way too pushy, but there is probably a reason.  I have not had a chance to RP my way out of the client complication, but I do have a plan, and the same with the inoculations.  However, I do feel that the J pushed too hard.  And in my opinion, it is very unreasonable to expect that anyone can get immunizations like this in the time frame she is talking about and then threatening to dump us when told that.

I believe that I have a way out of the situation, as long as that is not torpedoed in some fashion.  A lot depends on whether or not the GM accepts the story I write for this or not.  We could be in a hurt box if my Vory contacts cannot help.  But that is the strength of this sort of contact, in my opinion.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:33:54/10-03-16)
I just posted.  I am going to continue another post to set up my plan, but wanted to get the first part out so others could respond to it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (11:06:27/10-03-16)
If we're going to take this run (and it seems like it), then someone has to contact the J and I would ask for two things:
-she sets up the immunizations
-we leave in the morning, not in the middle of the night

If not, then the run is off.

EDIT: Hydro already beat me to it. :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (11:09:26/10-03-16)
Oops, sorry for that F :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (11:12:01/10-03-16)
I think I can set the immunizations up and it might impress her more if we can manage it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (11:45:18/10-03-16)
LOL  I do not know what time it is in the game.  I know it is after the dinner started, but does anyone know the time so I have an idea of what my schedule needs to be?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (16:12:57/10-03-16)
We had our meeting at 17.00, but I'm not sure how much time has passed.  I doubt it will be much more than 1 hour.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (18:22:13/10-03-16)
Whoa Necro, let's not get too worked up here. Having been on both sides of the partition (yeah, I used partitions in my AD&D days), I hated nothing more than players that bitched and moaned every time I made a DM (or in this case GM) decision. I would set up this awesome situation where things all fell into place, or would test the players to see if they could come up with an original solution (and reward them accordingly if they did), but had to struggle because someone didn't like the "probabilities" of something happening, or I didn't apply all the rules as they were laid out. Sometimes I let things slide for the sake of storytelling, but I expected the same slack when I restricted some mechanics for a certain situation.

In the end, what I am saying is trust in the GM. If he made the meet more difficult, I'm sure there is a good reason behind it. Crossbow has nothing to gain from our characters not accepting this run: if anything, he has to rack his brains out to find an alternative reason to get everyone in a plane.

I will not roll over and pretend to be okay with the GM putting us in a bad spot just so he has an excuse put us in a worse one. Crossbow's already said that it was on us to "make it work" and has smugly and contemptuously dismissed all of our raised concerns over this meet with "I don't see the problems you see." So no, I don't think he has a good reason or a plan behind it all.

He also doesn't have to rack his brain for an alternative reason, us wanting to play this adventure forces us to dance to his tune. The Johnson doesn't like us, and most of our characters don't like her. In reality that should be the end of it, but we the players want to do this. Crossbow has given us an [snide sarcasm]oh so gracious out[/sarcasm] against all logic if the Johnson can really line up another team in time. Now we as players have to almost break character or force ourselves through twisted logic loops to agree to this run despite already thinking or voicing a reticence to work with her.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (18:38:50/10-03-16)
Okay, let's make something clear, FROM ME.  I am not trying to sabotage anything or force you guys into a scenario where you are unhappy.  I am trying to realistically run the character of the Johnson, and get the game moving in that direction.

I may have misinterpreted some intentions, but I have reasons for what I did, and it makes sense to me.  What doesn't make sense is what I have done to earn all the vitriol.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (20:28:41/10-03-16)
I am not trying to sabotage anything or force you guys into a scenario where you are unhappy.

You could've fooled me. The Johnson had beef because of a situation you contrived, and when rectification was attempted the situation got worse. How is that not deliberate sabotage?

I may have misinterpreted some intentions, but I have reasons for what I did, and it makes sense to me.

If you admit you've made misinterpretations then why aren't you fixing the situation? I fail to see why we should be punished for your errors.

What doesn't make sense is what I have done to earn all the vitriol.

We've all brought concerns and complaints about how you're handling this meet. You've ignored or dismissed all of it with a blithe indifference, stating that we're the ones with the problem and it's all on us. We've all put a lot of years in this, but I will not swallow smugness or contempt.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (21:13:32/10-03-16)
In this case I have to disagree with you, Necrogigas.  I think that there may have been a better way to do parts of this, but overall, I do not feel that the GM has been overly indifferent, smug, or contemptuous.  I admit to feeling a bit put out at first by the simultaneous timing of the meet and my date and it could have worked out poorly for Snow.  Heck, he has not approved my means of getting out of it yet, so there may still be other problems.  The J was smug and contemptuous, but I think most of them are sort of supposed to be.  Snow believes that the J is inexperienced and not very professional in her handling of the situation, but we can adapt to that.  I say, let the GM rule on what I have put in as well as see what the J says in response to Clem asking if we could leave at dawn. 

This has forced us to respond to the J in a different fashion, which is not bad and could lead to some interesting RP as we go through her mission.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (21:35:07/10-03-16)
For me, I enjoy the friction with the Johnson. I like that Starlet and Torley are reluctant but kind of strong armed into taking the job. I like that Snow has to work around her commitments to her organisation in order to get to Lagos. I definitely find it weird the way the Johnson stormed out after what Snow told her, but I disagree with you that every meet should be "yes, I need specifically your team and will do almost everything to get you guys specifically." I like the element of realism that the team has to swallow their pride and reluctantly work with her, whatever various reasons each individual member might have to do that, whether it's O'Connor's glee at the idea of going to a lawless state, Clem's need for money, Snow's Vory expansion or Starlet's/Torley's membership obligations.

Sure, Snow's obligations and the timing of the meeting is frustrating, but I can't disagree that MM needs to somehow "pay" for the immense perks the positive quality "made man" gives. And if writing a few extra paragraphs and coming up with a creative out for her is that price, then I think it is quite cheap, especially since the team isn't spending any resources on it whatsoever.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (21:48:52/10-03-16)
It has definitely forced me to think of a way out and it did stretch my imagination, which I do appreciate.  I think that my disappointment was in the beginning when it was a shock.  If the GM allows the way out that I have lined out, Snow should be OK.  If he does not allow it, I will need to think of something else.  In tat manner, I have been stretched a bit, which is good.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (22:19:37/10-03-16)
Like I have told you in PM Hydro, sometimes it is really nice to have another GM playing in your game.

I am not trying to sabotage anything or force you guys into a scenario where you are unhappy.

You could've fooled me. The Johnson had beef because of a situation you contrived, and when rectification was attempted the situation got worse. How is that not deliberate sabotage?


Mostly because I didn't make the decisions to create the situation.  Yes, Snow had to make a decision between obligations.  She made a poor choice in the eyes of your potential boss.  Starlet (I believe) made it worse with a weak lie about her absence and poor attempt at rectification.  Torley was doing his level best to piss her off, and nothing was going the way she wanted things to go.  Add to that a deadline crunch, a inexperienced Johnson, and a job that basically entails her putting her trust, her run and her life in the hands of strangers, I think she showed remarkable restraint.

Quote

I may have misinterpreted some intentions, but I have reasons for what I did, and it makes sense to me.

If you admit you've made misinterpretations then why aren't you fixing the situation? I fail to see why we should be punished for your errors.


The misinterpretation involved Snow's intentions with her speech to the Johnson, and after I looked back at it, I realized that the Johnson's response was appropriate given the circumstances.  She was already irritated about your team's apparent priorities to shadowrunning (Torley's spiel painting you as part timers) which Snow reinforced unintentionally, Snow's appearance made a lie the vague cover story she had been given for the hacker's absence, which none of you ever bothered to tell Snow, and finally, the reasons given for requests for additional time, which could easily be interpreted as questioning Johnson's professionalism.

Quote

What doesn't make sense is what I have done to earn all the vitriol.

We've all brought concerns and complaints about how you're handling this meet. You've ignored or dismissed all of it with a blithe indifference, stating that we're the ones with the problem and it's all on us. We've all put a lot of years in this, but I will not swallow smugness or contempt.

I don't have any contempt at all, you guys are all awesome players, some of the best I have played with, and I am enjoying the hell out of this game.  I am doing the best I can without gift wrapping or being unrealistic, and I have made some mistakes, but I would rather work through it than do some clumsy continuity fix.  I don't think a little faith for the sake of a good story is too much to ask.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (22:44:10/10-03-16)
I am all for moving on and RPing the hell out of this.  There is little we can do to correct the J's impression of us at this point, so we move on or dump her contract.  She may think Snow made a poor choice by going to the date, but the Vory had told her of the date days before the J arranged the meeting.  There has never been a question in Snow's mind which was more important.  The trick was trying to see if both could work.  If the date decides to stay or the Vory wants her to follow this guy she will have to look at that, but her initial loyalty is to the Vory.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (23:46:54/10-03-16)
I'm a little fuzzy here, but did we ask for an advance payment on services when we negotiated, or did she send any funds with her message?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (23:58:00/10-03-16)
No money in hand yet.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (00:15:18/10-04-16)
I’ve been told there will be limited room on the plane for us on the final leg, and we’re to pack light. A single carry-on-sized bag and a backpack or dufflebag each, or so I was told, and I’d seriously recommend everyone bring their own medkit.

Dufflebags come in various sizes. Are we talking a small gym bag or a honking army kitbag? How much of the following list is feasible?

Dufflebag
Fichetti Security 600 (Lightning of the Storm) x1
Spare Clip x2
Explosive Rounds (Light Pistols) x90 (In clips)

Ares Crusader (Unrelenting Torrent) x1
Spare Clip x2
Explosive Rounds (Machine Pistols) x120(In clips)

Colt M23 (Mira) x1 (Field Stripped)
Spare Clip x3
Explosive Rounds (Assault Rifles) x80 (In clips)
APDS Rounds (Assault Rifles) x80 (In clips)

Combat Knife
Armorer Tools Kit
Survival Kit
Special Medkit


Getting up, Clementine also added as an afterthought "And I also think these shots and the medkits should come out of the team fund."

Everyone put in 1,700¥ so the team fund stands at 8,500¥. R6 Medkits with the 10% markup are 660¥ each, for a total of 3,300¥. Leaving 5,200¥ in the team fund.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (00:55:05/10-04-16)
Thanks for doing the math Necro, I was dreading looking all that up on my phone :\
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (03:35:27/10-04-16)
@Necro: I would take less ammo and more clothes.  In fact, in Lagos it's easier to get ammo than it is to get clothes.  And ammo weighs more.  Also, depending on which airport we start from (Crossbow: which one is it again, I assume we know) you might have problems if you try to get by loaded for a private war. :)

@Crossbow: I have Feral cities, so you don't have to send me the handouts.

I'll take the following and I think it should fit in a duffel bag (as scuba diver IRL, I'm quite good at  fitting a lot of stuff in not many kilos of luggage allowance).

Shiawase Kanmushi microdrone
Katana
Defiance EX shocker (+ 3 extra clips: 12 darts)
Ares predator IV (+ 4 extra clips: 2 stick-n-shock, 2 regular)
satellite link
special medkit R6
flashlight
mage sight goggles + cable
white noise generator
extra R6 respirator (I have the asthma negative quality, so I'll take my precautions)
survival kit
my asthma medication (2 months worth)
clothing for 2 weeks (sturdy clothing, not the really fancy stuff)

I'll wear (or have on my person):
my form-fitting body armour + armoured vest
earbuds
goggles
2 commlinks with all accessories
respirator (R6)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (03:56:36/10-04-16)
@Necro: I would take less ammo and more clothes.  In fact, in Lagos it's easier to get ammo than it is to get clothes.  And ammo weighs more.  Also, depending on which airport we start from (Crossbow: which one is it again, I assume we know) you might have problems if you try to get by loaded for a private war. :)

To get us to Africa, I’ve arranged for a private flight from here to Cairo, and then on to Accra—the capital of Asante, and the closest real airport to Lagos. That way we don’t have to deal with any airport security or other travel issues.

That was what O'Connor took away from the Johnson's message. As for clothing, if worse comes to worse O'Connor will kill anyone that tries to rob them, and I have no doubt that will be a frequent occurrence, and strip the bodies.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (05:05:43/10-04-16)
I forgot about that.  Then the only thing is the weight of the bullets.  I don't know how much a bullet actually weighs (I do know it's different for each type and caliber).

It's going to be quite different, as this will be the first time I play in Lagos without at least one local in the team.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (05:13:26/10-04-16)
The Johnson only specified spatial limitations, not weight limitations, so that's on her.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (06:26:02/10-04-16)
So team composition is

Sammy - Neutral Good
Clem - Chaotic Good
Torley - Neutral
Snow - Lawful Evil
O'Connor - Chaotic Evil

Crossbow, you never put in your two cents.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (10:53:34/10-04-16)
...Torley was doing his level best to piss her off, and nothing was going the way she wanted things to go....

....(Torley's spiel painting you as part timers)....

I've got to say, both of these interpretations are a surprise to me. Torley was trying to project an air of confident professionalism throughout; the only "slip" I can see was his comment about her probably already knowing his name, which she interpreted as a reference to their mutual connection through the Club. Sam's response--that he was expecting her to have done at least some research into the group, which would presumably have told her at the very least the face's primary alias--was my honest expectation from the get-go. When she made her misunderstanding clear (with the "what connection would we have" line), Sam tried to butter her up a bit by talking about how he didn't believe her to be an incompetent J.

She responded to this attempt at flattery with cold-hearted condescension ("Now, here is how things actually happen in 'our line of work.'...). Sam's response to that was to adjust his opinion of her (sliding down the competency scale rather quickly), and tried to reassure her that she was working with professionals. At this point, he included the possibility that he could end the meet, connection with the Club be damned. He was still trying to be respectful, but letting her know that she wasn't doing a good job on her end.

At this point, she went into full-on bitch mode, telling Torley to "get that stick out of your hoop", and then immediately turning that into a rather insulting nickname. (Sam's really not going to enjoy this trip if she keeps using it, since as far as he can tell, she's the one with the stick.)

Since she'd finally gotten around to giving us details & a (presumed) starting point for negotiations, Sam ignored her crassness and indicated the team's willingness to leave quickly, even proposing that they could leave without Snow. I guess I can see his comment about "obligations which will have to be postponed" as indicating a part-time status, though to my mind that's a stretch; most Shadowrunners have side gigs going on in their downtime (training, 'science' experiments, ritual spells, whatever) and would have trouble leaving for a foreign country at a moment's notice.

And although he didn't roll very well on the negotiation test, four hits should have gotten more than "if you're not going to take my opening offer, we're done here" line. That's what I'd expect from a glitch roll.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (17:09:05/10-04-16)
By the way, Sam's going to give the Johnson a polite (but cold) nod and follow Snow onto the plane unless the J stops him to say something. Sam still thinks of her as a frigid, arrogant, demanding J; he's not going to go out of his way to make nice with her until/unless he sees her say or do something to indicate that he might be wrong.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (18:38:10/10-04-16)
Just letting folks know, I live in Charleston South Carolina, and it is looking very likely that I will be leaving town tomorrow before Hurricane Matthew starts fucking up my area.  May cause some hiccups in my posting ability, fair warning.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (18:41:40/10-04-16)
Stay safe! (And don't send it up here to northern Virginia! ;) )
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (18:47:12/10-04-16)
So team composition is

Sammy - Neutral Good
Clem - Chaotic Good
Torley - Neutral
Snow - Lawful Evil
O'Connor - Chaotic Evil

Crossbow, you never put in your two cents.

I don't think any of you qualify as evil by the D&D standard.  Killing without motive and acting in a selfish or cowardly way are the marks of evil. I would also push Clem up to Neutral Good, her way of doing tings is way too ordered to by Chaotic.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (18:49:23/10-04-16)
Stay safe! (And don't send it up here to northern Virginia! ;) )

I am not sending it anywhere, it is coming on it's own, though you are probably just going to have a rainy weekend out of it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (18:54:17/10-04-16)
I am all for moving on and RPing the hell out of this.  There is little we can do to correct the J's impression of us at this point, so we move on or dump her contract.  She may think Snow made a poor choice by going to the date, but the Vory had told her of the date days before the J arranged the meeting.  There has never been a question in Snow's mind which was more important.  The trick was trying to see if both could work.  If the date decides to stay or the Vory wants her to follow this guy she will have to look at that, but her initial loyalty is to the Vory.

Which is all well and good for Snow to be able to sleep at night, but Johnson(Jane) knows nothing about your ties to the crime family.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (19:13:50/10-04-16)
Thinking large gym bag, your gear would fit, but only just.  No room for clothes.


Dufflebags come in various sizes. Are we talking a small gym bag or a honking army kitbag? How much of the following list is feasible?

Everyone put in 1,700¥ so the team fund stands at 8,500¥. R6 Medkits with the 10% markup are 660¥ each, for a total of 3,300¥. Leaving 5,200¥ in the team fund.

Pencil that in, but it could change.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (19:55:19/10-04-16)
So team composition is

Sammy - Neutral Good
Clem - Chaotic Good
Torley - Neutral
Snow - Lawful Evil
O'Connor - Chaotic Evil
Crossbow, you never put in your two cents.
I don't think any of you qualify as evil by the D&D standard.  Killing without motive and acting in a selfish or cowardly way are the marks of evil. I would also push Clem up to Neutral Good, her way of doing tings is way too ordered to by Chaotic.
So you see the team as?
Sammy - Neutral Good
Clem - Neutral Good
Snow - Lawful Neutral
Torley - True Neutral
O'Connor - Chaotic Neutral
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (23:16:55/10-04-16)
As for gear, I think the only things Snow has are the medkit and refills.  If that is too much for the bag then she would have given her clothes to Andrew at the airport, except for putting a couple of pairs of panties in her pockets.

She will be giving the inoculations as the team rolls in.  You have not said if Jane needs the shots.  Snow did get enough for all six, if she needs them.

As for the hurricane, good luck.  I was stationed in Charleston when Hurricane Hugo came through.  I went about 17 miles inland to Summerville to stay with friends when it blew in.  Lost a good part of the roof of my places and lots of stuff from rain damage.  No power for days.  Some looters were shot.  Some fragging scalpers were trying to sell 10lb bags of ice for $30 and gas for generators and chainsaws for about $8 a gallon.  We were trapped in the friend's home for about three weeks before they got a temp roof on our place.  Quite traumatic.  Played a ton of D&D to pass the time. 

I hope that you fare better.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (23:36:09/10-04-16)
Necro, that's about right.  Snow, you have plenty of room.

Thvor, I appreciate the insight into Sam's mind, but you all need to understand, Jane was confused, anxious, more than a little angry at different times during that meet.  But the biggest part of things was, she was friendly and sarcastic, or, better descriptor, snarky.  Your character can read that as arrogant and condescending,but it really isn't true.  BTW, as far as she is concerned, your name is Stick, if it pisses you off, more the better in her eyes, you don't get to pick your street name.

In fact, when you nod at her, she will return the greeting nod and say "Stick." in a friendly, matter-of-fact way.

Another point, Sam's assumptions of how things work are not accurate.  No one could do sufficient research on your team at this point to have the information you seem to expect her to have.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (01:45:22/10-05-16)
Just letting folks know, I live in Charleston South Carolina, and it is looking very likely that I will be leaving town tomorrow before Hurricane Matthew starts fucking up my area.  May cause some hiccups in my posting ability, fair warning.

Indeed, stay safe.  I'm so lucky I live in a place where we don't have these extremes in weather.  We often bitch about our weather (we can get quite a bit of rain), but compared to other places, it's not that bad.

Anyways, if you're out of it for some day, we might not speak again before my leave.  I'll continue to post until Sunday and after that I'll see depending on where I am (and I'll put a post in here on Sunday with some things if needed).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (04:21:41/10-05-16)
Meanwhile in Japan, we're on our 10th or so typhoon since the start of summer. Nevertheless, don't take any chances and stay safe.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (10:52:16/10-05-16)
Thvor, I appreciate the insight into Sam's mind, but you all need to understand, Jane was confused, anxious, more than a little angry at different times during that meet.  But the biggest part of things was, she was friendly and sarcastic, or, better descriptor, snarky.  Your character can read that as arrogant and condescending,but it really isn't true.  BTW, as far as she is concerned, your name is Stick, if it pisses you off, more the better in her eyes, you don't get to pick your street name.

...and this is the challenge of playing a face character through PbP. Sam's charisma and kinesics should be enough for him to pick up on her subtle social cues and interpret her comments accordingly, which would change how he interacts with her. If she was confused or anxious, or trying to be friendly or snarky, that didn't come across in her dialog, though there should have been body language cues for it. Especially since Sam had 6 hits on a perception roll on the Johnson at the very beginning, it's hard to believe that he wouldn't have picked up on her emotional state*.

PbP is slow enough as it is; I don't want to have to post in the OOC thread asking if Sam has noticed any of these cues (or, even worse, do a judge intentions roll and ask for you to provide extra details) for every line of dialog. If we were at a table, it'd be easier to just ask you to clarify, but... <shrug> I'm not sure how we could handle this better. It's frustrating for me, as a player, to realize that the issues all of us had with the initial meeting stems from a misunderstanding between player and gamemaster, rather than the interaction one would expect from two highly charismatic characters.

* He picked up that she wanted to know their individual capabilities, which as others have said isn't all that common, and that she already knew the size of our group, but nothing was said about her overall emotional state, comfort level, and so on. Unfortunately, by this point you were already playing her as interpreting Sam's greeting as a subtle nod towards their mutual connection, which was not my intention at all.

Another point, Sam's assumptions of how things work are not accurate.  No one could do sufficient research on your team at this point to have the information you seem to expect her to have.

Not Sam's assumption--mine. If that assumption is wrong, then that's on my inexperience as a Shadowrun player. As a player, I'm aware that each of us are gaining Street Cred and Public Awareness. We've started shopping ourselves around as a group, with a group name. Sam is the face of the group; my expectation is that any fixers we contacted would be told to contact him, which would include his preferred alias. If that's an unreasonable or inaccurate expectation, then I, the player, am the one that needs to learn. Sam (the character) would already know this, and has a high enough charisma that he wouldn't make such a blunder.

I guess what I'm saying is that, if you as GM suspect that I've had Sam say something that he wouldn't realistically say, especially based on his charisma & ability to read people, then point out to me in the OOC thread that I've made a mistake. I try to post Sam's inner thoughts frequently so that you can understand where (I believe) he's coming from. If you feel that his interpretation of dialog doesn't match the emotional content you intended the NPC to convey, bring it up and give me a chance to rework it with more complete information.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (20:18:34/10-08-16)
Crossbow, saw on the news that the hurricane passed through South Carolina today. You get through it okay?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (18:49:16/10-09-16)
Almost nothing happened in my neighborhood, but we evacuated to Atlanta out of caution, still unpacking and unhurricane proofing, but I still want to get a post up in the IC thread tonight.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (02:37:12/10-10-16)
Glad to hear.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (02:54:51/10-10-16)
Good to know you're safe, Crossbow :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (03:55:25/10-10-16)
As I've said before, I will be out from today until the 3rd of November.  I might have internet from time to time, but I'm not good at typing on my phone, especially in this forum, and the internet in Indonesia is also not the fastest (coupled with the slow response from the forum from time to time, it's going to be difficult).

Hydro has agreed to watch out for Sammy while I'm gone, but she will fade into the background for the most time.  Please don't kill her off while I'm not there to do it myself. ???
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (11:16:46/10-10-16)
Have a good trip Farothel, stay safe :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (21:11:18/10-10-16)
A Visitor’s Guide To Lagos (annotated ShadowSea Summary)

Today is Sunday, February 7th

Today’s Weather in Lagos: 34 deg C (daytime high) with heavy sustained winds

Lagos is a feral city on the coast of West Africa. The city itself is home to 10–20 million people, most of whom live in conditions that make the Redmond Barrens look luxurious. Immensely powerful and rich warlords rule the city from the secure enclave of Lagos Island. Corporate investment in the city is high, since it is the primary outlet for the oil pumped in the Niger delta and serves as a no-holds-barred playground for everything from cheap consumer goods to black-market bioweapons. Almost any goods with value can be bought or sold in Lagos, be it weapons, metahumans, or technology. With no police force (or city-wide infrastructure), the rich and powerful write their own rules—and the corporations enjoy having no rules at all.

The city is built around large, shallow lagoons of brackish, polluted water. About a quarter of the sprawl area is actually water, and much of the rest of the city is built on a swamp. During the rainy season, streets become waterways and entire neighborhoods are flooded. Homes built over the swamps and lagoons balance precariously on stilts, while wooden or plastic slats connect homes. In the drier areas of the city, homes are often built of cinderblocks, and multi-story apartment complexes are common in the dense slums. Everywhere, people collect the acidic rainwater on rooftops and in barrels, and many families have rooftop “gardens” of edible fungi and hardy plants. The water from the lagoon, rivers, and streams is too polluted with toxic chemicals and metahuman waste to be drinkable (in fact, just falling into the water can cause a metahuman to become seriously ill). Less than one percent of the population has access to clean water (or plumbing), and so sterilized bags of water are common at markets and roadside vendors. Shamans with the sterilize spell are such valuable commodities that gangs and neighborhoods have been known to go to war to acquire one.

Food is another danger; fish from the lagoons can be toxic, and vegetables and fruit are often washed in polluted water. Food-borne illness is rampant, especially amongst visitors. There are few soy or soy-based products, however, and the spicy cooking features fresh fish, Cassava, rice, and yams. Devil rats (or their less dangerous cousins) are also a staple.

In December and February, the strong Harmattan wind blows from the Sahara, bringing a warm, dry period and coating everything in the city with a fine, red dust. There is little to no rain during this time, and drinkable water becomes scarce.

Magic runs through the city, with tribal dibias and olorishas (shamans) holding their societies together or profiting by their powers. Much of the city has a background count, from centuries of metahuman suffering, misery, and overwhelming pollution. Some areas are domains that favor toxic magic, like the dense, polluted slums of Shomolu, while others favor nature magic, such as the wild, untamed grasslands of Ifako-Ijaye.  Dangerous Awakened creatures are drawn to the tainted astral space. Local dibias learn to compensate for the difficulty in drawing mana, but visitors can be caught unaware.

Wireless coverage in the city is provided primarily through a Mesh Network. There are a few areas with reliable wireless coverage (such as Festac Town or Lagos Island). However, since the majority of the population has commlinks (although many are scavenged from corporate recycling programs), a viable mesh network exists. The network is subject to the flows of metahuman traffic, however, and at anytime, coverage could go from strong to non-existent within a few minutes. While many people have commlinks, almost no one has a bank account (or ID). Instead, most of the daily financial transactions are done through barter or physical currency. The naira is the common currency for Lagos, and 20 naira are worth approximately 1 nuyen. Rampant forgery makes the paper naira almost worthless, while coins (in amounts up to 500 naira) are slightly better as long as a person verifies the coin is made from real metal. Better yet are hawala tokens, which are accepted everywhere in the sprawl and are often given a higher value in daily transactions. Hawala tokens generally come in amounts up to 1,000 naira. Most sprawl residents will also accept bartered items in exchange for goods or services.

There are estimates that there are over one hundred different languages spoken in Lagos. Many residents speak a Lagos-specific type of city speak, which combines several tribal languages with English and French. Other major languages are Yoruba and Igbo. While Horizon’s Life-line linguasoft service has Yoruba linguasofts available, there are no linguasofts on the market for the unique Lagosian city speak, Igbo, or any of the other tribal languages. However, between Yoruba, English, and French, most oyibos (foreigners) can make themselves understood, as long as they remember not to speak Yoruba to an Igbo unless they’re spoiling for a fight.

The Yoruba

The Yoruba are the most populous tribe within Lagos. Their kingdom actually surrounds the city, and a significant portion of the Lagos oil pipeline runs through the Yoruba Kingdom. Their faith is the cornerstone of their tribe, and their olorishas, or shaman, lead them in that faith. Principal among the olorishas is the Oni, the spiritual leader and King of the Yoruba.

Despite the kingdom’s immense natural resources and profitable exploitation of the oil pipeline, the average Yoruba exists at a subsistence level. Many rely on agriculture to survive in the rural areas of the kingdom. In Lagos, the Yorubas are found in every area of the sprawl and every tier of society. The Yoruba gangs are more insular than the widespread Area Boys. Yoruba is one of the dominant languages of Lagos and, due to the Yoruba Kingdom’s strategic position in the area, has been translated onto Linguasoft by Horizon, Wuxing, and other corporations. In general, the Yorubas are tolerant (if not welcoming) of various metahumans and changelings, and women have mostly equal rights in the society, except when it comes to magic (only the Yoruba men can receive formal training in their religion outside of a single secret society of priestesses).


The Igbo

The Igbo tribe was almost destroyed by VITAS and the Awakening. Some might argue it was destroyed completely; certainly the tribe in the Sixth World bears little resemblance to the historical Igbo, who valued learning, democracy, and artistic expression. When the majority of their tribe died in the VITAS plague, a few remaining dibias (tribal sorcerers) opened the tribe up to any man who could pass their rituals. Survivors banded together during the years of chaos, merging into the Igbo of today, valuing strength of arms and physical prowess. The tribe is the second-most populous in Lagos and many residents of the feral city speak a little Igbo simply as self-defense. The ever-present Area Boys are made up of Igbo youth, and the gangs are a socially accepted way for young Igbo men to get some experience and some kills to their name before becoming a man in the eyes of the tribe. Throughout the Kingdoms of Nigeria, the Igbo are known as fierce and ruthless pirates and raiders, and their perpetual aggression keeps the Igbo at war with an ever-changing list of other kingdoms. The Igbo welcome metahumans and changelings within their tribe, especially those who can prove their prowess; orks make up a disproportionate percentage of their tribe. Any man can join the Igbo if he can endure, unflinching, the dibias’ excruciating rituals. Women are considered property of their male relatives, with no rights in the tribe. Magic is reserved for men; Igbo girls who Awaken are often killed by their fathers (or sold to a corporate buyer). The Igbo are considered a minor tribe for most.

The Hawala Network

A hawala network is an informal system of monetary transfers that relies upon a strict honor system and is common throughout most of Africa and parts of Asia. A person can make a deposit (certified electronic funds, hard currency, precious metals or gems, or occasionally other highly valuable commodities) with a hawala in their area. For a percentage, generally 10-20 percent, the hawala gives the client a voucher. Then, generally, the hawala contacts another hawala in another city, transferring the funds to that hawala. Anyone with the correct voucher (a physical token, occasionally a written, electronic, even a verbal phrase or key) can then access the funds, which will be provided in the requested form (generally certified cred or hard currency).

The system depends completely on the honor and honesty of the hawalas and the trust that their clients place upon them. As such, the men are often held in high esteem within their societies and often act as trustworthy and reputable fixers.

Hawala tokens in Lagos are often small items, such as tiny shells, fragments of bone, or small rocks with intricate carvings indicating the originating Hawala and value. Forging a Hawala token is a serious cultural taboo, and most Lagosians believe doing so will call down a curse on the thief. Eerie stories of carved leopards springing to life to slaughter a thief, or a plague killing his entire family, or spirits driving him mad are whispered throughout the sprawl.

Hawala tokens always have two sides, with symbols on both. The top shows the value, the bottom the hawala’s personal symbol. In Lagos, the network of Lagosian hawalas has agreed upon the common symbols and values.

Image          Value
Monkey      5 Naira
Fish         10 Naira
Hippo         50 Naira
Parrot         100 Naira
Lion         1,000 Naira



Common Prices for Gear and Services in Lagos

> Heard you were heading to Lagos. Because I care, I’ve attached a price sheet, courtesy of that dog Duante. He says to tell you that these prices are what a native might get, or someone really hot at negotiating.

> Kat o’Nine Tales

AK-97 (only “slightly” used):          1,000 Naira
Ares Predator IV:             3,500 Naira
Regular Ammo (10):             200 Naira
Hotel (Porto Novo):             1,000 Naira
Hotel (Lagos Island):             1,000+ Nuyen
(Naira not accepted)

Cab Ride (1 hr):             100 Naira
Okada Ride (1 hr):             20 Naira
Breakfast/Lunch (Roadside Vendor):       5–10 Naira
Dinner (Buka):             20 Naira
Dinner (Nice Restaurant):          200+ Naira
Typical Area Boy Bribe (foreigner rates):    100 Naira
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (10:42:46/10-12-16)
Sorry if I jumped the gun on the linguistics roll. Just trying to help the game move. Of course, using charisma skills in a foreign language has such steep limitations that having the local language at 1 wouldn't help much anyway.  :D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (23:13:44/10-15-16)
Crossbow--Sam's a little disappointed in Jane's lack of imagination, and wants to try to make up for it by making someone famous. ;D He'd like to pick someone fairly unassuming, who seems to be traveling alone, preferably a woman about five to ten feet from Jane, and just start spreading rumors about them. You know, walk past random strangers, talking as if on a commcall to a friend, mentioning that he's spotted a celebrity traveling incognito; pointing the mark out to someone and saying "hey, isn't that Anna Something-or-other, the fashion designer?"; that sort of thing.

Any promising targets? :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (01:03:01/10-16-16)
Not really sure what you have in mind, but I am curious.  There is a woman that fits the bill, not sure if she is alone or just eating by herself, but she in an Anglo, can't tell much more on looks alone.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (02:01:28/10-16-16)
How much is the advance payment?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (02:27:48/10-16-16)
How much is the advance payment?

10K
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (03:00:41/10-16-16)
How much is the advance payment?
10K
So split between everyone that's 2,000¥ each. Linguasofts are Rating x 500¥, and require either a datajack or sim module. French and Yoruba are what we need to get. Should we all get them, or just some of the team?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (11:21:27/10-16-16)
My personal opinion is that all of us should have at least a knowledge of what is being said.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (11:29:08/10-16-16)
Linguasofts should be downloads, yes?  So pay a vendor and get the download?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (11:59:38/10-16-16)
Five days advance, 10 K each

Linguasoft is software, but it requires direct neural interface, IOW just Snow can use one.  The rest of you are basically walking around with a translator book, though in electronic form.

BTW, how the heck did Clem get so much headware done and no datajack or image link?  Seems crazy.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (13:24:21/10-16-16)
OK.  I have gone to get the languages at R4 and have asked the vendor to find tablets and some better clothes.  I will see what the GM says is available and what it costs for those items.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (13:44:09/10-16-16)
Linguasoft is software, but it requires direct neural interface, IOW just Snow can use one.  The rest of you are basically walking around with a translator book, though in electronic form.

If it just acts as an English-to-French/Yoruba dictionary is there a reason for the rest of us to buy it above R1?

She ponders for a moment on the wisdom of spending a bunch of nuyen on a language she will probably never use again, but then considers that the safety of the team may depend on at least one person knowing the languages sort of well.  She slots her credstick and is a bit surprised at the total on it, which makes her decision a bit easier.

Snow could make a case for having the purchase come out of the team fund.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (14:15:30/10-16-16)
The stuff you guys could get would barely qualify as a rating one.  If you are really wanting something, there are Horizon TranslatoTabs that you can get, preloaded with several languages, but don't try to use them for more than basic phrases.  150 nuyen, mostly for the cheap electronics.

Linguasoft is software, but it requires direct neural interface, IOW just Snow can use one.  The rest of you are basically walking around with a translator book, though in electronic form.

If it just acts as an English-to-French/Yoruba dictionary is there a reason for the rest of us to buy it above R1?

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (15:00:02/10-16-16)
If you are really wanting something, there are Horizon TranslatoTabs that you can get, preloaded with several languages, but don't try to use them for more than basic phrases.  150 nuyen, mostly for the cheap electronics.

Horizon, the Triple-A with the most sophisticated marketing department, decided on TranslatoTabs?  ???

Does this TranslatoTab also include profanity?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (15:24:25/10-16-16)
Does the quality of the software extend to what Snow downloads or is that actually a L4 program?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (16:06:05/10-16-16)
So, Sam's not really trying to achieve much of anything, other than to have fun setting up a con and perhaps convince Jane to trust his abilities to bend the truth about their group once they reach their target area. Of course, if people start paying extra attention to the mark, they'll be less likely to notice his group, which is also beneficial. He knows he has a limited amount of time to set up the con, and likely won't get to stick around for the end result, but it doesn't take much time to plant a rumor, either.

I'm going to assume a Con roll on getting the story to "stick". Any modifiers I should add/remove to the pool? Would Sam's new fast talk specialization kick in?

And just a refresher:
Quote from: SR4a p.130
If the character is attempting to influence a group of NPCs who have no designated leader, the Opposed Test applies to the whole group—use the highest dice pool available among the members of the group, then add +1 for each extra person (max +5). Groups tend to react as a whole, with reluctant members drawn along by enthusiastic ones. Alternatively, the gamemaster may appoint a leader or a “ringer in the crowd” and base the success or failure of the endeavor on that character’s reaction to the player character.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (23:57:48/10-16-16)
BTW, how the heck did Clem get so much headware done and no datajack or image link?  Seems crazy.

What headware? She has earbuds and contacts but everything is connected to her commlink.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (07:34:17/10-17-16)
Synaptic boosters and your perception booster have stuff involving your brain too.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (07:54:59/10-17-16)
That is all bioware, Clem has no chrome, went with the story behind the character.

Edit: I would also say that the libguasoft should come out of the team fund. Necro will have to refresh my memory on the remaining funds, but if we put the 10% from our advances into it, it would add an extra ¥5,000 to it, which would leave everyone with ¥9,000 to spend.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (17:35:43/10-17-16)
Team Fund was at 5,200¥. With the new deposit of 5,000¥, it now stands at 10,200¥
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (20:29:02/10-17-16)

I'm going to assume a Con roll on getting the story to "stick". Any modifiers I should add/remove to the pool? Would Sam's new fast talk specialization kick in?


Base Con, fast talk is inappropriate.  Go ahead and make your base roll, I figure the bonuses and penalties cancel.
Does the quality of the software extend to what Snow downloads or is that actually a L4 program?

You got what you bought, rating 4.  Slotting them right away?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (22:47:09/10-17-16)
Using edge, because manipulating a group isn't easy, even for Sam. And yes, I'm willing to use a point of edge on this, even though it probably doesn't matter in the actual run. ;)

Skill[4] + CHA[6] + Kinesics[3] + Edge [4] (http://orokos.com/roll/446674): 17d6h5 8 (no glitch)

Hrm. Not as good as I'd hoped, but a lot better than the 3 I would've gotten without the edge. :P Should be enough to persuade some people, but not likely to launch this lady's career.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (23:37:23/10-17-16)
Yes, putting the programs in the link right away.  I will even put them in use now so I can get some practice with the language.  I can move programs around as needed, right?  Storing the ones not in immediate use?

Did anyone else go with Snow to the shop?  I know Clem stayed with Jane and Sam is working his magic on the crowd, but I do not know about Con or Starlet.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (02:35:58/10-18-16)
Yeah, Starlet would probably follow you, I'll write something to that effect.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (06:55:43/10-18-16)
I think you are being a little hard on yourself.  Best value i can figure for the opposing roll is about 9 dice total.  I will have to roll it when I get home from work but I think it is safe to say you succeeded.   What kind ofvresult were you looking for?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (07:20:25/10-18-16)
Team Fund was at 5,200¥. With the new deposit of 5,000¥, it now stands at 10,200¥

2x R4 Lingausofts (Yoruba and French) are 4,000¥, bringing the Team Fund to 6,200¥
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (08:20:49/10-18-16)
Would any team member oppose that purchase? I think the players agree, but what about the characters? Clem doesn't have any problems with it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (10:50:13/10-18-16)
No objections from Sam. It's techy, so he's likely to just trust Snow if she says it's important.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (11:54:02/10-18-16)
Thvor that last post was directed at you.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (15:41:35/10-18-16)
I think you are being a little hard on yourself.  Best value i can figure for the opposing roll is about 9 dice total.  I will have to roll it when I get home from work but I think it is safe to say you succeeded.   What kind ofvresult were you looking for?

Thanks for pointing this post out--I'd missed it somehow. I was disappointed by the 8 hits because of the +5 DP for manipulating a crowd (and besides, the bigger the ensuing chaos, the better as far as Sam's concerned...)

In an ideal world, Sam would love to see a few people starting to take pictures, then a few more, quickly snowballing into a crowd of people asking for autographs & such; people insisting that they'd seen all her 'trids, they're longtime fans, and so on. Maybe even some media coverage of the (poor bewildered) lady starting as our team slips away to our next flight.

Heck, maybe she'll even get picked up by a talent agency and become the starlet Sam portrayed her as being. That'd be amazing--kind of the ultimate confirmation of Sam's ability to change reality.

Of course, Sam doesn't do this sort of thing for no reason; he's doing this largely to demonstrate his abilities to his employer, who didn't seem to appreciate them during the initial meet or in his attempt to organize some sort of cover story for when they get to their destination. Sam doesn't like being sidelined. ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (17:14:26/10-20-16)
Team Fund was at 5,200¥. With the new deposit of 5,000¥, it now stands at 10,200¥
2x R4 Lingausofts (Yoruba and French) are 4,000¥, bringing the Team Fund to 6,200¥
Due to Clem's paranoia and bullying neither of these have occurred, Team Fund stands at 5,200¥.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (19:54:11/10-20-16)
Since Ndow is holding the funds, wouldn't she be able to take it from the funds herself? So that would leave the funds at ¥1,200 before the deposit.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (20:06:26/10-20-16)
That's what I was thinking as well. She hasn't collected the deposits from anyone else, but that discussion was happening after she bought the linguasofts.

BTW, I'm assuming that Sam's still out doing his thing while all of this is happening.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (21:06:48/10-20-16)
Hydro, you seem to think we're in a bar. McHugh's is the Shadowrun version of McDonald's.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (23:35:12/10-20-16)
Oh, the drink part must have confused me. McHugh's sounded like something Scottish/Irish to me, which put images of pubs in my mind. Let me change a few things then.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (00:04:28/10-21-16)
Team Fund was at 5,200¥. With the new deposit of 5,000¥, it now stands at 10,200¥
2x R4 Lingausofts (Yoruba and French) are 4,000¥, bringing the Team Fund to 6,200¥
Due to Clem's paranoia and bullying neither of these have occurred, Team Fund stands at 5,200¥.
Since Snow is holding the funds, wouldn't she be able to take it from the funds herself? So that would leave the funds at ¥1,200 before the deposit.

Snow was asking for permission to reimburse herself with the team funds when Clem shut her down, so that and the deposits from Jane's advance are still in waiting.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:47:09/10-21-16)
I agree that they are still in waiting.  Snow will not take the funds without team approval and they have not had a chance to talk this over as a team yet.  And I, too, thought that the places was a pub of some kind.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (01:41:13/10-21-16)
I agree that they are still in waiting.  Snow will not take the funds without team approval and they have not had a chance to talk this over as a team yet.  And I, too, thought that the places was a pub of some kind.
It isn't, so you can't buy vodka or whiskey there.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (02:36:51/10-21-16)
McHugh's might be a burger joint, but I would be surprised if there is not a bar real close and that Sammy and I were able to get a drink.  What airport terminal would not have a bar on the food concourse, especially an international airport?  I am sure I could have the drinks with me and offer Con one.  You do not have to accept it, of course.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (02:41:13/10-21-16)
That's not how your post read. Regardless, what bar is just going to let you walk out with their glasses and double fisting drinks?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (02:53:04/10-21-16)
That's not how your post read. Regardless, what bar is just going to let you walk out with their glasses and double fisting drinks?

A bar in a third-world country perhaps?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (02:59:25/10-21-16)
That's not how your post read. Regardless, what bar is just going to let you walk out with their glasses and double fisting drinks?
A bar in a third-world country perhaps?
You mean a bar that has less money to replace those glasses with, and located in a place where such items cost many times what they do in the First World?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (03:00:50/10-21-16)
I did say plastic cups.  I was going for the friendly touch and buying you a drink, but have it your way.  I will edit the post.  But a question to you...............why are you trying hard to be unfriendly?

Edited the post.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (03:07:14/10-21-16)
Why are you trying hard to be unfriendly?
How is pointing out that Snow can't buy liquor at a burger joint or walk out of a bar with drinks in hand unfriendly?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (04:36:51/10-21-16)
I would argue that if our characters are allowed to walk around the airport withs ome weapons on themselves (which is what I think is going on right now), then it wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination to have some booze in a paper cup outside bar limits. But I will leave it up to you guys, this is your part of the story :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (04:40:21/10-21-16)
I thought out stuff was on the private jet we came in on until it was time to transfer over. I don't care how shitty a part of the world you're in, weapons would never be allowed in an airport without some rather stupendous bribes.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (04:50:08/10-21-16)
Wish we had world traveler farothel to speak on this, but I think I have seen enough to say that yes to walking around a small airport with liquor is not going to cause a stir, no, the guns are still with your luggage.

Necro, I think Mercy was commenting on your being a bit harsh in your commentary OOC, but then I have been a primary target for it, so I know what I have seen.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (05:13:46/10-21-16)
Why are you trying hard to be unfriendly?
How is pointing out that Snow can't buy liquor at a burger joint or walk out of a bar with drinks in hand unfriendly?
Necro, I think Mercy was commenting on your being a bit harsh in your commentary OOC, but then I have been a primary target for it, so I know what I have seen.

If that's the case, then I'm not even trying, hard or otherwise. I fail to see how my last few posts addressed to Mercy can be construed as harsh. The most forceful thing I said was "It isn't" in reference to the burger joint being a bar. "What kind of bar" was a genuine question, asked in genuine confusion.

Irregardless of all that, Mercy, what have I ever posted, through either the len of Con or Necro, that gave you the impression that I'm a friendly person? Unless I'm on the clock, I say things as they form in my mind. I can't find it in me to wring my hands worrying if what I say will hurt someone's feelings.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (05:23:37/10-21-16)
I won't tell you how to live your life, but I don't think you will find this philosophy in Carnegie's book ;)

And if you don't "wring your hands worrying if what you say will hurt someone's feelings", it probably means that everyone else around you has to double their hand wringing in order to make things work. Just food for thought :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (05:37:43/10-21-16)
I won't tell you how to live your life, but I don't think you will find this philosophy in Carnegie's book ;)

And if you don't "wring your hands worrying if what you say will hurt someone's feelings", it probably means that everyone else around you has to double their hand wringing in order to make things work. Just food for thought :)

Don't get me wrong, in general I don't go out of my way to hurt the feelings of others, nor is really ever my intent. If it happens accidentally though, I couldn't give less of a fuck. If I self-edited everything I said to the point of making it completely inoffensive to everyone, I'd save my time and energy by never speaking. Most people aren't worth wasting the energy on anyway, and those that are, aren't so thinned skinned that a few incidental words would bother them.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (06:27:27/10-21-16)
Most people aren't worth wasting the energy on anyway, and those that are, aren't so thinned skinned that a few incidental words would bother them.

All I am saying is that in a social game (which Shadowrun is, especially on Internet boards), it wouldn't hurt not to call other people names just because you disagree with their opinions. Making a minimum of effort not to hurt or insult people would go a long way. Not saying you did anything to MM in particular, but you have said some things to other people on here that I found rude.

But I don't want to start a witch hunt here, so can we move on and try to get along?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (09:47:30/10-26-16)
Wish we had world traveler farothel to speak on this, but I think I have seen enough to say that yes to walking around a small airport with liquor is not going to cause a stir, no, the guns are still with your luggage.

I managed to find some working internet but it's slow and I'm typing On my phone which is hard.  As to the question: if you're not in a strict muslim country, nobody Will worry About some alcohol as long as you're not drunk.  Your weapons you better keep out of sight.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (20:34:16/11-01-16)
Okay, so i was giving someone else a chance to speak, but it's not a big deal.  I will move the scene along.

Lagos is not strictly Muslim, and neither is Accra, though there is a definite misogynistic and chauvinistic edge to the place, part of why Jane hired a team for the run.  That said, there are Muslim neighborhoods where the whole Sharia thing is a big deal.

Strong suggestion, if you have Feral Cities, read the section on Lagos, the player handout that Snow paraphrased is a bit of a softsell..
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (22:19:01/11-01-16)
I was hoping for Torley to do the talking but no matter.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (23:46:11/11-01-16)
Sorry, got caught up making Halloween costumes for the kids.

Crossbow, before I post, can Sam get a judge intentions on Dobiri? Is he really concerned about safety, just trying to assert dominance, looking for an extra paycheck?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (04:37:36/11-02-16)
Sure, go ahead
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (10:48:57/11-02-16)
INT[5] + CHA[6] + Kinesics[3] (http://orokos.com/roll/452536): 14d6t5 3

No glitch, but not all that impressive, either.  :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (11:27:57/11-02-16)
INT[5] + CHA[6] + Kinesics[3] (http://orokos.com/roll/452536): 14d6t5 3

No glitch, but not all that impressive, either.  :(

There is a concern for safety, but his lack of outrage at O'Connor 's comment shows that he will risk it for additional money.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (20:39:13/11-02-16)
You need a rewrite Thvor, the airport really is under attack, he isn't flying anywhere today, he can be convinced to overlook the weight problem with a bribe though.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (06:56:59/11-03-16)
hey all,

I'm back, tired but still alive. :)  Now I have to sort through 3500 or so pictures.

I've managed to read most of the posts, so catching up will be fairly easy.  I would also like to thank HydroRaven for playing Sammy during my absence.  I really enjoyed those posts.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (09:42:08/11-03-16)
I hope that you had a nice time on vacation.  I will be off to the Caribbean for almost two weeks starting on the  15th of this month.  I should have connectivity, though.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (10:43:58/11-03-16)
Welcome back Farothel, hope you had a great time on your vacation.

And that vacation sounds really nice, MM :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (12:39:53/11-03-16)
You need a rewrite Thvor, the airport really is under attack, he isn't flying anywhere today, he can be convinced to overlook the weight problem with a bribe though.

Updated. I guess I mis-read your comment about the concern for safety/him being willing to "risk it". I thought you were saying that he could be persuaded to take off today.

On the up side (for Sam's wallet), a baggage fee should be significantly less than hazard pay. :D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (18:51:04/11-03-16)
Or even less if he can convince Jane that these fees fall under her jurisdiction ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (02:45:45/11-05-16)
I'm not sure if I can make an airplane invisible, but from what I've checked in the rules, improved invisibility is a physical spell and therefore it can affect non-living objects.  So I think it should be possible.  The same goes with Stealth.

Edit: if it doesn't, I'll adapt my post or just say they have rockets with radar homing systems or something like that, against which invisibility won't help.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (07:24:59/11-05-16)
Sam's going to defer to Jane on this one. She's paying the bills, after all.

Also, I'm out camping with my son's Boy Scout troop this weekend, so will be limited in how much I can do.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (10:07:06/11-05-16)
Have a good camping trip Thvor! How old is your son by the way?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (10:53:13/11-05-16)
I'm not sure if I can make an airplane invisible, but from what I've checked in the rules, improved invisibility is a physical spell and therefore it can affect non-living objects.  So I think it should be possible.  The same goes with Stealth.

Edit: if it doesn't, I'll adapt my post or just say they have rockets with radar homing systems or something like that, against which invisibility won't help.

No, it doesn't work that way, that passage basically means that your invisibility works on cameras,  I suppose it is possible to make a spell that would do that, but it doesn't exist yet.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (11:44:42/11-05-16)
OK, I've modified my post.  I've reread the concealment power and for that it's specifically stated it works ' to hide something that people are looking for'.  So for me that means it can also work on objects.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (13:48:22/11-05-16)
That would probably work, the problem would be convincing the pilot to risk it, and even if you made it, you have no idea what kind of a war zone you would be landing in on the ground.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (14:16:31/11-05-16)
That would probably work, the problem would be convincing the pilot to risk it, and even if you made it, you have no idea what kind of a war zone you would be landing in on the ground.

I know.  It's only a suggestion as an alternative to going by boat (if I recall correctly, the waters around Lagos are not really safe either).  If they don't go for it, then we don't use it.  I probably will use it on the boat, just to be on the safe side.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (20:58:55/11-05-16)
Would Concealment hide the plane from radar and mask its infrared signature?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (21:55:33/11-05-16)
It might mask the infrered, considering that is a natural sense, but I don't think it would work on radar
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (05:28:38/11-06-16)
rules wise it takes a number of dice of a perception test equal to the spirit's magic.  this includes sight, hearing and smell, as well as astral senses, but I'm not sure where it stands concerning things like radar.  Anyway, I'll do it on the boat we're going to take, just to eliminate as much of the enemy's options as possible.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (16:49:58/11-08-16)
Have a good camping trip Thvor! How old is your son by the way?

He'll be 12 later this month. I also have a daughter (10) and a younger son ( 8 ).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:13:45/11-09-16)
NOW I feel old.  My kids are 34 and 35 and I have an 8 year old granddaughter.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (03:14:53/11-09-16)
You ARE old Mercy, but better to make it into "old" age than to not ;)

And Thvor, whereabouts are you going camping?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (05:32:02/11-09-16)
Now I feel young again (I just turned 37 two weeks ago).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (08:34:54/11-09-16)
This camping trip was down near Norfolk, Virginia, and included a night sleeping on a world war 2-era battleship. Pretty cool, though the sleeping racks were rather cramped!

...and here I assumed that at 39 I was one of the older people in this game. Now I need to adjust my mental images of y'all. :D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:41:08/11-09-16)
I will be 62 on 12/3.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (12:48:07/11-09-16)
Am I the youngest in this group at 27?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (15:01:53/11-09-16)
I believe you are, Necro.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (22:31:37/11-09-16)
Hydro HAS to be old, rocking that picture of Emilio Estevez, (Is that from Wisdom or Breakfast Club?) so you are in the young half Thvor, I turn 46 in a month here.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (00:05:29/11-10-16)
I believe it's from the Breakfast Club, but honestly it was one of the stock photos on the site.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (21:25:37/11-10-16)
Feel free to make a post about your effort to stave off the sandman with your roll.

BTW, if anyone wants to, you can get a look at the truck you are in by Googling MAXXPRO
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (21:33:17/11-10-16)
Clem's armour is 8/4, but that's with her form-fitting body armour. So here is her roll:

Body 6 - Armour 1 (http://orokos.com/roll/455173): 5d6t5 0 Not just a glitch, but a critical glitch. I'll let it ride, don't want to waste the little edge Clem has. Guess that means she will have to strip buck naked to stave off the heat :p
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:04:53/11-11-16)
Snow's roll:  Heat Roll (http://orokos.com/roll/455202): 3d6t5 1  Not sure what that means to her as she is not wearing any armor just now, but already soaking in a thin cotton shirt that is plastered to her body.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (03:48:20/11-11-16)
Body [2] Test
Body 4 - GM 1 - Armor 1 = Pool 2
Body [2] Test (http://orokos.com/roll/455219): 2d6t5 1 - Glitch
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (03:55:02/11-11-16)
Oh wow. There's one critical glitch, two glitches and an auto-fail so far.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (05:16:20/11-11-16)
willpower 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/455220): 4d6t5 1

That's a fail as well (luckily not a glitch).  With only 1 attribute a tresshold 2 test is not a given.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (05:36:53/11-11-16)
With a glitch and a fail would Snow even be able to to that? (http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=24869.msg472853#msg472853)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:59:19/11-11-16)
Why would the glitch mean that she does not recognize the problem?  I will leave that to the GM to decide, but I thought we were rolling to see if we were adapting to the heat and she clearly realizes that she is not.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (11:10:12/11-11-16)
I think we're rolling to see if we're falling asleep. We all failed the test. A glitch means something went especially wrong for Snow and O'Connor, and spectacularly wrong in the case of Clem's critical glitch.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (18:05:13/11-11-16)
I would tend to agree with Necro's interpretation here. If anyone simply fails, they would slowly drift asleep, but a glitch would mean something more than that. And a critical glitch would probably be fainting due to the heat and exhaustion.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (14:16:08/11-12-16)
Hey, I can go either way, although if that is the case, I might want to use an Edge to try to get the second hit to avoid it.  Has Crossbow said one way or the other?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (21:47:10/11-13-16)
Sorry I have been out of touch the last little bit, I feel like I had a bad dream that lasted a whole week.  But everything should be fine soon, I mean election day is Tuesday right?   ??? :o :-[ ;)

Hey, I can go either way, although if that is the case, I might want to use an Edge to try to get the second hit to avoid it.  Has Crossbow said one way or the other?

I don't think I would be letting anyone use Edge for this, this is the kind of roll a GM would usually roll behind his Screen and laugh maniacally, though I admit seeing your reactions is much better.  :)

I will post results in IC soon if I don't finish it tonight.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (22:59:22/11-13-16)
Body 4 + Impact 4 = Pool 8
Damage Resist (http://orokos.com/roll/455947): 8d6t5 2

So 5S damage taken, plus the 2P
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (23:22:49/11-13-16)
Body 6 + Impact 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/455959): 10d6t5 3 One short of a glitch. So Clem stands at 3S and 2P

Also, I seem to have forgotten Clem's Toughness quality for the roll, so here's the extra dice: Toughness 1 (http://orokos.com/roll/455961): 1d6t5 1 Of course it's a 1!! So that brings us to 5/11 for a near glitch.

Edit: As Thvor pointed out, I can't read.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:44:29/11-14-16)
Snow is wearing no armor right now so only gets body ro soak the damage:  Soak (http://orokos.com/roll/455985): 2d6t5 0  zero hits but not a glitch this time.

Snow takes 5P and 7S and is not feeling very good right now.

Are we conscious and able to move about now?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (01:03:05/11-14-16)
You are, but you on the driver' s side and the only egress is through the hatches unless you climb  over or move the folks up front, neither of whom are conscious.  The stairs will not drop this way.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (09:33:28/11-14-16)
Body 6 + Impact 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/455959): 10d6t5 3 One short of a glitch. So Clem stands at 4S and 2P

Also, I seem to have forgotten Clem's Toughness quality for the roll, so here's the extra dice: Toughness 1 (http://orokos.com/roll/455961): 1d6t5 1 Of course it's a 1!! So that brings us to 5/11 for a near glitch.

<raises hand> That last die was a 6. One hit. So you're at 4 hits out of 11 dice, with only 4 1's.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (09:39:48/11-14-16)
Sam's resistance:

Body[3] + Impact[4] + Restraint[3] (http://orokos.com/roll/456051): 10d6t5 2

So he takes 5.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (11:29:11/11-14-16)
Hydroraven just so you understand, that rear stairwell/hatch will NOT get kicked open. You can get out by walking over Con in the turret, but without pushing aside Snow, crawling over the boy and scrambling out of what is now the top of the truck, you are not getting out.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (11:54:26/11-14-16)
Hydroraven just so you understand, that rear stairwell/hatch will NOT get kicked open. You can get out by walking over Con in the turret, but without pushing aside Snow, crawling over the boy and scrambling out of what is now the top of the truck, you are not getting out.

The jungle also holds another danger, with no glass at all on the vehicle and gaping holes in the body, you quickly realize that a wayward branch or vine could do serious damage to the unwary.

How big are these holes? And can't people get out through where the windshields should be?

[spoiler](http://media.defenceindustrydaily.com/images/LAND_MRAP_MaxxPro_CAT-I_Tire_Kicker_Iraq_lg.jpg)[/spoiler]
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (12:49:58/11-14-16)
body 4 + impact armour 1 + 1 restraint =6 (http://orokos.com/roll/456078): 6d6t5 5

Nice roll, so I only take 2S.  I assume that the shock awakens us.  Luckily I don't have to get outside of the truck to be able to do something.

I'm going to do an astral recon, just pop above the truck (I can get out in the astral without any problem) and look around.
intuition 3 + assensing 3 =6 (http://orokos.com/roll/456081): 6d6t5 5
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (17:32:04/11-14-16)
I've edited my posts.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (22:49:59/11-15-16)
Snow tries to run diagnostics on Ahmjay and Jane.  I do not know what other modifiers I need to take, but I reduced my skill level by 3 for my wounds., so get LOG 4 + First Aid 5 - Injuries 3 + Med Kit 6 = 12d6

Ahmjay:  First Aid (http://orokos.com/roll/456496): 12d6t5 3

Jane:  First Aid (http://orokos.com/roll/456500): 12d6t5 4

Not very good rolls.  I think I need to try to use the first aid on myself to remove a few negative modifiers.  As I understand it, I need to take 7 combat rounds to use First Aid on myself because that is what I am trying to heal. 

Heal Snow's Stun:  First Aid (http://orokos.com/roll/456502): 12d6t5 5

That ought to be three net hits so I can remove three stun, bringing that down to 4 and reducing my negative modifiers by 1.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (04:40:41/11-16-16)
Looks about right, you lose 2 dice from conditions, but that will not seriously impact your rolls.  You can go ahead and incorporate that modifier for the rest of your tests out here.

Both Ahmjay and Jane were knocked out, with minor contusions.   If it is important Ahmjay is also suffering from dehydration and malnutrition, plus some minor infections.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (05:17:59/11-16-16)
I would say you forgot 3 more rolls Necro since Bullet Storm is actively looking :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (21:20:28/11-16-16)
Thank you for clarifying the conditions modifier.  That means I still have a -4 modifier to my dice rolls.  Rats.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (11:37:13/11-17-16)
Strength[3] but i wouldn't try it with you guys hurt, more likely to glitch than get that thing to move.  You can easily get people out through the turret or front.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (12:23:17/11-17-16)
I just stayed in because it was probably the safest place in case of an attack and through the holes I could still throw spells.

@Crossbow: how long were we on the road (approximately) when we crashed?  Just to have an idea of the options (go back, go on, on foot, need the truck)?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (19:49:47/11-17-16)
Clem stands at 3S and 2P, which means she is just on the cusp of a negative modifier but not yet since she has the high pain tolerance quality.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (21:05:42/11-17-16)
I just stayed in because it was probably the safest place in case of an attack and through the holes I could still throw spells.

@Crossbow: how long were we on the road (approximately) when we crashed?  Just to have an idea of the options (go back, go on, on foot, need the truck)?

You were about 40 minutes into the trip, more than halfway, and you are in the middle of the jungle that has been known to make villages disappear, with all residents, overnight,  No, you don't want to walk.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (21:38:40/11-17-16)
I think the team's priorities right now stand at:
1- Make sure Jane is safe.
2- Get the vehicle back on the road.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (23:41:32/11-17-16)
...and get our medic as patched up as we can.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (02:06:02/11-18-16)
An earth elemental could probably flip the truck. The question is, is it still running?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (03:08:53/11-18-16)
An earth spirit might indeed help.  As to the wounds: my heal spell only heals physical damage, not stun.

EDIT: Crossbow: do I get bonuses on magic due to the all the awakened stuff out here (as in: positively aspected domain)?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (14:55:58/11-18-16)
An earth spirit might indeed help.  As to the wounds: my heal spell only heals physical damage, not stun.

EDIT: Crossbow: do I get bonuses on magic due to the all the awakened stuff out here (as in: positively aspected domain)?

No, this place is too far out of the way to qualify for that kind of thing.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (09:39:06/11-19-16)
Some physical healing might help Snow.  She is at 5P and 4S right now.

Sorry I have been off for a couple of days.  I will try to be better, but feel free to use Snow to move forward if necessary.  Her main concern right now is to heal the team.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (06:21:51/11-23-16)
I've done some healing on Snow (unfortunately due to a bad roll not that much), but at least it's a start.  And i've summoned an earth spirit to help with the truck.  Anything else I need to do?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (07:23:57/11-23-16)
O'Connor is on overwatch, Clem got everyone out of the vehicle, Sammy did her magic, Snow is healing/taking care of people, and Torley should be operating that winch from the inside while the earth spirit helps him out.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (02:50:06/11-26-16)
So is the winch going to give the Earth spirit bonus dices, or lower the threshold?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (12:19:01/11-26-16)
Sorry I have been out of touch,  will get this stuff squared up this,weekend.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (14:36:03/11-26-16)
Hopefully you're not ill from all the turkey and pumpkin pie :)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (20:07:30/11-27-16)
No, mostly it was cleaning out the shed and getting out and setting up Christmas decorations.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (20:13:07/11-27-16)
Okay, before I get to deep into writing a post and rolling dice, is there anyone that is not going to let themselves get looked at by Snow?  Especially for Con, when she starts walking up the path made by the rolling truck is he going to break cover to wave her off/call her to him or what?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (21:21:54/11-27-16)
The area is clear so O'Connor will wave her down.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (19:57:47/11-29-16)
Snow's sheet still needs to be updated and transferred to your first post of this thread Mercy.  Here is a link to the post from the Horizon thread:

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=16112.msg341041#msg341041
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:58:39/12-01-16)
Sorry about that.  I just transferred the stats over and indicated the improvements in the 'link, plus my Armor software upgrade and training in Cyber Combat and Electronic Warfare.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (00:50:26/12-03-16)
Okay guys, I said 1 post, jeez.  :)  Anyway, Thvor, there is is very little asphalt in Africa, and none within 100 km or your current location, it would be generous to call the road you are on a rutted game trail.

I will post the next bit as soon as I can.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (08:05:28/12-03-16)
I guess we got carried away a bit :-[
Better players who are too enthousiastic then not enough, right ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (08:48:23/12-03-16)
Absolutely, but you guys didn't think you were going to have a wreck, get back on the road and that just be it did you?

Really? ??? ::)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (10:37:13/12-03-16)
Absolutely, but you guys didn't think you were going to have a wreck, get back on the road and that just be it did you?

Really? ??? ::)

We could hope, now couldn't we? ???
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (14:47:34/12-03-16)
So I guess we are in a holding pattern for posting?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (17:45:03/12-04-16)
Is the truck running? I've never had one, but my impression is that at least some truck-mounted winches get their power from the truck's engine...
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (21:33:23/12-04-16)
Some of the Jeeps I used in the old days in the Army, had a secondary switch for the winches that did not require the engine to be on, but that was only good for a short time and most of the power for the winch did actually come from the engine running.  I have no idea how this truck is wired.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (01:44:23/12-05-16)
How close together are the leader and two kids?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (11:30:22/12-05-16)
Okay, got a minute to post. OOC from my phone.

Leader is walking in the center of the road/trail, his flankers are a little over a meter to each side.

Fireballing the truck would be a BAD IDEA, even if you kill them all, you won't be able to get past until it goes out and can be moved.

Winch is running off battery power, and is controlled from the driver's seat, so Torley is already there.  You haven't tried to start it yet.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (18:35:52/12-09-16)
Judge Intentions
Intuition 3 + Logic 3 - CM 1 = Pool 5
Judge Intentions (http://orokos.com/roll/464420): 5d6t5 2

If Judge Intentions breaks Take Aim, then O'Connor takes the next two simple actions to reacquire the bonus.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (19:50:45/12-09-16)
Can't really tell, especially since Con doesn't speak the language.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (21:04:38/12-09-16)
Sam's going to hold action where he is. Since I expect turning the truck on will call attention to him, he won't attempt it until necessary, though he will look over the controls to familiarize himself with them.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (22:45:34/12-09-16)
Clem takes aim at the leader as well.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (06:33:58/12-10-16)
If we accept the water, first ask the price and also make sure it isn't poisened or simply dirty.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (20:42:55/12-10-16)
Crossbow, just to be clear, O'Connor does still have line of sight on the leader, right?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (21:54:26/12-10-16)
At present, yes. They are unaware of you at the moment.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (01:52:53/12-15-16)
It might have been mentioned before, but that truck we encountered, did it come from the direction we are going in or from the direction we also came?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (05:37:13/12-15-16)
I believe it's blocking our path, or else we would just drive away.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (21:29:48/12-15-16)
What Hydro said.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (15:37:18/12-18-16)
Snow will do a Matrix Perception of the leader to see if she can get his ID code in preparation to sending a Spoof Command to his gun, if that becomes necessary.  Computer 3 + Analyze 4

Matrix Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/467918): 7d6t5 3  Three hits is not bad.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (23:59:37/12-21-16)
So, no PAN.  Does that mean that the gun is not wireless active or just not in a network?  My idea is to try to spoof it to unload itself if it is wireless active and this goes south.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (01:22:40/12-22-16)
Probably just means they're carrying old AK47s and don't bother with the Matrix. I get the image their truck is one of those turn of the century vehicles that were manufactured before the Matrix was a thing.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:44:47/12-22-16)
Yeah, I guess that could be the case.  Too bad.  Well, I can always shoot 'em if necessary.  There does seem to be a few of them though.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (06:16:20/12-28-16)
Crossbow: any results on my assensing and perception tests?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (11:40:37/12-28-16)
Apologies for the lull, holidays and whatnot.  I will post this evening.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (21:00:49/12-28-16)
BTW, I know that passage may seem strange if you never carried one, but there is a distinct sound that is created when a person walks around with an assault rifle that hasn't been specifically packed for stealth.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (23:01:38/12-28-16)
O'Connor gets Surprise on this opening round, correct?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (03:13:27/12-30-16)
Clem's initiative: Initiative - Reaction 8 + Intuition 4 (http://orokos.com/roll/470961): 12d6t5+12 14 no glitches.

So Clem will be shooting the leader first chance she gets, her holding action triggered by O'Connor's shot. Also, what's the range she has in respect to the leader? She was hidden behind the first tree big enough to hide her and provide her cover.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (06:25:13/12-30-16)
Initiative
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 - CM 1 = Pool 10
Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/470974): 10d6t5 2

Initiative Score: 12
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (07:00:47/12-30-16)
initiative:
initiative 7 (http://orokos.com/roll/470983): 7d6t5 2

so that gives met: initiative 9, 2IP

EDIT: Crossbow: what are the assensing results?  I want to know if there are any mages in the group.  From what I read in Feral cities, I would say no, but exceptions are always possible.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (13:22:35/12-30-16)
Snow's Initiative:  Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/471038): 9d6t5+9 12  12 - CM2 = 10 and 2IP
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (15:13:10/12-31-16)
Okay, all the initiatives we can hold for the actual call for it, as we are dealing with everyone having held actions.  Lots of badguys to deal with, Thvor what was Torley's action for the held round?  Hydroraven can roll Clem's shot.

Yes, Necro, you get suprise, There are no mages that Starlet can see in the group.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (18:24:03/12-31-16)
Torley's going to try to start the truck.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (03:51:59/01-06-17)
Just to make sure that I have things correct in my mind.

Clem (on the left flank) and O'Connor (on the right flank) are attacking the group in the center.
Starlet (on the left flank) is attacking the group on our left flank.
Snow (in the center) is taking cover behind the trunk.
Torley (in the truck) is starting up the truck.

Where did we place Jane and Ahmjay in relation to us?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (06:32:46/01-06-17)
Where did we place Jane and Ahmjay in relation to us?

I thought we have put them in the truck as we wanted to move on.  But now I'm not sure anymore.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (10:41:46/01-06-17)
The way it played in my kind is exactly how Farothel described it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (11:49:05/01-07-17)
Me too.  I thought we had put them in the truck just before the other guys showed up.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (07:24:56/01-09-17)
They are not in the truck, they are in a safe spot away from the firefight though.  I am sorry about my lapse, things got post holiday crazy here.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (12:52:38/01-15-17)
Crossbow, are you waiting on us for something?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (22:11:13/01-16-17)
No, it has just been really hard for me to find the time I need to sit at my personal laptop and get the next bit done.  I have been mostly working from my phone for weeks.  I keep trying to get to this and stuff keeps kicking me in the ass.  Tonight for instance, I need to sleep, it is after 10pm for me and I am getting up at 4am for a 10 hour shift.

None of this is on you guys, this is me.  I will get this done, hopefully tomorrow.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (21:21:23/01-19-17)
Okay, well Necro aborted to a full defense as he lept into the road, I assume he will at least keep that going through the other actions, what the rest of you going to do on your first non held action?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (06:59:01/01-20-17)
Clem will continue to unload and probably tell Snow and Torley to drive away. She doesn't realize the winch is blocking their retreat.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (08:05:45/01-20-17)
Sammy is going to look around for any other surprises and nurse a serious headache.  If something happens, she will react, but for now just looking around.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (12:09:37/01-20-17)
Well, Sam's in a relatively safe spot, which is good since I'm assuming he had a good view of the opening salvo's effect.

Composure: WIL(2) + CHA(6) (http://orokos.com/roll/477294): 8d6t5 3

...that's surprisingly reasonable, even with the +1 threshold penalty from his combat paralysis. But given that we haven't disengaged the winch cable yet, this truck isn't likely to go anywhere; at best, the sudden roar of the engine should be an additional distraction for any remaining goons.

All said, I think Sam's going to spend the first round taking deep breaths and trying to forget what he just saw.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (12:38:37/01-20-17)
Is Snow able to see the two men shooting at Con?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (13:44:55/01-20-17)
They would be difficult to spot in the brush, even if they were in her field of vision, hidng behind the truck, she certainly can't see them right now.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (09:32:44/01-30-17)
I do hope that we are still doing this.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (13:32:49/01-30-17)
I hope so too.  I'm not sure if there's anything I can do at the moment until the fight is over.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (14:17:20/01-30-17)
I'm here as well, just hoping that Crossbow's life calms down enough to get us through this encounter.  :D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (17:14:48/01-30-17)
On standby.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (19:28:21/01-30-17)
Standing by
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (22:26:24/02-03-17)
Hi guys, thanks for the show of support.  I am still running this, like I promised when we started, I am here until you guys stop coming.

That said, I was actually waiting for you guys to take actions in the combat round when my life went to hell. 

Okay, all the initiatives we can hold for the actual call for it, as we are dealing with everyone having held actions.  Lots of badguys to deal with, Thvor what was Torley's action for the held round?  Hydroraven can roll Clem's shot.

See? ^^^  Okay, so I coulda said something or told you to start your actions, I admit that :)

Anyway, none of these guys are enhanced, or even very healthy, so they aren't going to beat any of your initiatives, everyone except O'Conner, who aborted to a dodge for his first, gimme your actions.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (12:06:46/02-04-17)
Snow has her weapon ready and will peek around the side of the truck, using it for cover.  Is there anyone left for her to shoot at out there?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (15:37:25/02-04-17)
Sam used his held action to start the truck, but is now trying to deal with his personal issues, this time caused by witnessing someone suddenly exploding.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (14:31:56/02-05-17)
I've taken one guy at random.  The first I spotted when I looked from behind the truck.  I leave it up to Crossbow which one it is (and also for the willpower counter roll).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (19:19:35/02-05-17)
Clem will unload on her closest attacker.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (22:12:33/02-07-17)
farothel and Hydro raven, I need you to be a little more clear, your two closest 'attackers' are the boys that accompanied Mister Splody-bits, the next group are the water carriers who have yet to make attacks that took cover.  Your only attackers are the ones in the dense brush that O'Conner was attacked by and the ones at the truck down the road a ways.

Please be a little more precise in your target selection.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (05:53:04/02-08-17)
Sorry, I meant the other people that were next to the leader.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (11:48:50/02-09-17)
My targeting priorities are (in order):
-anybody who survived the fireball (I didn't think so, but just to make sure) from the group on my side
-one of the guys in front of me (the ones with the leader that Hydro is also firing upon).  Clem has higher initiative so she will fire first and I'll take the other one.
-the guys I can see on O'Connor's side (I'm not sure I can see them).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (12:26:11/02-10-17)
Sam used his held action to start the truck, but is now trying to deal with his personal issues, this time caused by witnessing someone suddenly exploding.

Oh yeah forgot about your combat paralysis, no one will be shooting at you, so feel free to post about it :)

Snow has her weapon ready and will peek around the side of the truck, using it for cover.  Is there anyone left for her to shoot at out there?

As stated above, the four water carriers are fairly close, the escorts as well.  You really can't see O'Conner's attackers.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (21:24:03/02-11-17)
How far down the road is the enemy vehicle and how many guys are still with it?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (20:32:47/02-13-17)
Hard to get a head count, due to the brush, but at least a half dozen.  The truck is about 25 meters down the way.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (02:06:18/02-14-17)
It's been a few weeks, so I want to make sure my mental map matches what's actually going on.

Team Position
O'Connor is in the middle of the road.
Torley's in the truck.
Clem's behind a tree on the left flank.
Snow and Sammy are behind the truck.
Jane and the kid are off the side somewhere, presumably safe for the moment.

Enemy Position
The two that were with the leader are standing in the road.
The four water carriers are scrambling for cover.
Two attackers are on the right flank.
At least six more guys are up the road with their truck.

Team Actions
O'Connor is making himself a presentable target.
Torley's having a panic attack.
Clem is shooting at one of the guys that was with the leader.
Sammy is lobbing a spell at the other guy that was with Mr. Giblets.
Snow is shooting at someone, I think.
Jane and the kid are still taking a nap.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:40:23/02-15-17)
That seems good to me, except that Snow is not yet firing at anyone.  She is waiting for Con or Clem to tell her which direction to go to do the most good.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (07:22:59/02-15-17)
That is accurate,  from a game management perspective I am waiting on posts from Torley and Snow before I move into describing the others.

Since Snow is awaiting instructions, we can do this one of two ways.  Someone can take a free action and give that to her so she can take her remaining simple action and her first round turn, or we move through it and continue on.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:06:55/02-15-17)
Cool. 
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (19:41:26/02-15-17)
If it were up to Clem, she would probably ask Snow to shoot anyone that comes close to her or Jane. I think O'Connor, Sammy and Clem can handle the attackers on their own unless something unexpected comes out of the woodworks.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (20:43:40/02-15-17)
Okay post that, she asked Clem for instructions.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (20:55:06/02-20-17)
Anyone with extra actions can go ahead and post them, I also need audio Perception checks from everyone.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (21:56:05/02-20-17)
Perception (Audio) Check
Intuition 3 + Perception 3 - CM 1 = Pool 5
Perception (Audio) (http://orokos.com/roll/488203): 5d6t5 1

By extra actions do you mean for this IP, or the entire combat round?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:24:47/02-21-17)
Snow's perception (audio) check:  Intuition 4 + Perception 2 - CM 2 = Pool

Perception (http://orokos.com/roll/488251): 4d6t5 1  1 hit
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (02:22:52/02-21-17)
My audio check is simple: fail.
I have a -2 from wound penalties and a -3 from the reduced hearing negative quality.  With only 5 dice to start with, that comes at at 0 dice to roll.

I have a question:

The two water bearers targeted were hit hard, the other two shot back at Clem as the obvious threat, along with the sniper at the truck.

does this mean they are out (in the case of the one Sammy threw a stunbolt at, unconscious)?  I just want to know to see if I have to throw another stunbolt at the guy or if I can shift targets (like that sniper that seems to be there).  I assume that if the sniper can see us, we can see the sniper.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (04:39:51/02-21-17)
Clem's audio perception: Audio Perception ~ Perception 3 + Intuition 4 + Reception Enhancer 2 + Audio enhancement 3 (http://orokos.com/roll/488278): 12d6t5 5 no glitches. Well, at least someone should be hearing whatever it is that is incoming.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (12:00:02/02-21-17)
Perception (Audio) Check
Intuition 3 + Perception 3 - CM 1 = Pool 5
Perception (Audio) (http://orokos.com/roll/488203): 5d6t5 1

By extra actions do you mean for this IP, or the entire combat round?

Now I am confused.  Take the extra actions your personal enhancements give you.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (12:25:15/02-21-17)
Torley's perception: Perception(5) + INT(5) (http://orokos.com/roll/488346): 10d6t5 2

No glitch, and interestingly enough both hits are at the front, so unless his panic attack inflicts a penalty of 9 or more, it doesn't affect his role. And that would be a huge penalty. ;)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (12:42:08/02-21-17)
By extra actions do you mean for this IP, or the entire combat round?

Now I am confused.  Take the extra actions your personal enhancements give you.

We have extra IP, the enemy probably doesn't.  So yes, the rest of the round.

Question @Crossbow: is the one I stunbolted fully down or not?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (13:19:58/02-21-17)
By extra actions do you mean for this IP, or the entire combat round?

Now I am confused.  Take the extra actions your personal enhancements give you.

We have extra IP, the enemy probably doesn't.  So yes, the rest of the round.

Question @Crossbow: is the one I stunbolted fully down or not?

Actually he is running away.  That is what he did on his action.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (16:48:04/02-21-17)
My audio check is simple: fail.
I have a -2 from wound penalties and a -3 from the reduced hearing negative quality.  With only 5 dice to start with, that comes at at 0 dice to roll.

I have a question:

The two water bearers targeted were hit hard, the other two shot back at Clem as the obvious threat, along with the sniper at the truck.

does this mean they are out (in the case of the one Sammy threw a stunbolt at, unconscious)?  I just want to know to see if I have to throw another stunbolt at the guy or if I can shift targets (like that sniper that seems to be there).  I assume that if the sniper can see us, we can see the sniper.

Actually, you would be incorrect in that assumption, you, specifically, are not in a position to see the sniper at the truck, because you made a point of staying out of sight behind when the other party approached, Clem might be able to see the sniper, since she is being shot at, but even that will be difficult.  Speaking of the sniper, that is who successfully shot Clem, but 10 successes on a Body check is likely to be fully resisted, even with the hunting rifle the sniper is using.  I am AFB at the moment, but I will be more clear in a moment.

I will share the results of the perception rolls once you have all finished taking your actions.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (20:04:33/02-21-17)
For her third pass Clem will switch to her SMG and warn the team about the sniper.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (02:54:21/02-22-17)
Actually, you would be incorrect in that assumption, you, specifically, are not in a position to see the sniper at the truck, because you made a point of staying out of sight behind when the other party approached, Clem might be able to see the sniper, since she is being shot at, but even that will be difficult.  Speaking of the sniper, that is who successfully shot Clem, but 10 successes on a Body check is likely to be fully resisted, even with the hunting rifle the sniper is using.  I am AFB at the moment, but I will be more clear in a moment.

I will share the results of the perception rolls once you have all finished taking your actions.

Okay, then I'll take one of the others firing at Clem.  Even though they missed, they can still have a lucky shot next time.  I should be able to see one of those (and one is enough for now).  Since I only have 2IP, the warning in IP3 from Clem will be too late for me.  Maybe next round.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (23:02:15/02-26-17)
Surprise checks, Clem gets a +3 to hers.  Even if they aren’t surprised, everyone but Snow needs a Composure check, this is some crazy drek running down the road. Then roll initiative.

Before anyone asks, the bad guys aren’t shooting at you anymore.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (02:03:49/02-27-17)
Surprise
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 - CM 1 = Pool 10
Surprise (http://orokos.com/roll/490503): 10d6t5 3

Composure
Willpower 3 + Charisma 2 - CM 1 = Pool 4
Composure (http://orokos.com/roll/490504): 4d6t5 3

Initiative
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 - CM 1 = Pool 10
Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/490505): 10d6t5 5
Score: 15
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (07:21:07/02-27-17)
Here's the rolls for Sammy
Surprise
reaction 3 + intuition 3 - 2 CM =4 (http://orokos.com/roll/490558): 4d6t5 1

composure
willpower 4 + charisma 4 - 2 CM =6 (http://orokos.com/roll/490562): 6d6t5 4

initiative
reaction 3 + intuition 3 +1 spell - 2 CM =5 (http://orokos.com/roll/490560): 5d6t5 2
So that makes initiative 7 in total and 2 IP

and I've also added a knowledge roll on magical theory in case I can identify what it is?  As Sammy would think spirit (toxic spirit of some sort), it sounds logical to see if she can identify it. If not, then please disregard.
logic 4 + magical theory 2 - 2 CM =4 (http://orokos.com/roll/490563): 4d6t5 1
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (09:41:29/02-27-17)
Torley:

Surprise: INT(5) + REA(2) + CP(-3) (http://orokos.com/roll/490592): 4d6t5 1

Composure (+1 on the threshold):WIL(2) + CHA(6) (http://orokos.com/roll/490593): 8d6t5 3

Initiative: INT(5) + REA(2) (http://orokos.com/roll/490594): 7d6t5 3 Initiative 10, 1 IP.

Combat paralysis has some downsides, and they're almost all in play right now. I'm assuming this is second round, even though we didn't roll initiative on the first; otherwise, Sam loses 3 dice (though that wouldn't actually change the total hits in this case).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (11:41:46/02-27-17)

and I've also added a knowledge roll on magical theory in case I can identify what it is?  As Sammy would think spirit (toxic spirit of some sort), it sounds logical to see if she can identify it.

Logical yes, but it is not a spirit.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (17:09:13/02-27-17)
Here are Clem's rolls:

Surprise 〜 Intuition 4 + Reaction 8 + Perception 3 (http://orokos.com/roll/490706): 15d6t5 4 No glitch.

Composure 〜 Willpower 3 + Charisma 2 (http://orokos.com/roll/490709): 5d6t5 1 No glitch.

Initiative 〜 Intuition 4 + Reaction 8 (http://orokos.com/roll/490711): 12d6t5+12 16 No glitch.

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (20:04:46/02-28-17)
Waiting for initiative roll from Mercy Merchant.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:54:46/03-01-17)
Snow's initiative:  Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/491293): 9d6t5+9 10  10 and 2 IP
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (01:32:27/03-01-17)
So that means initiative is as follows (excluding adversaries, as I don't know where they come in):
Clem (16)
O'Connor (15)
Sam and Snow (10)
Sammy (7)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (11:45:17/03-02-17)
It also means that the one person, Clem, who made the suprise check blew her composure, along with Torley.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (11:56:06/03-02-17)
So what now?

Also, I'll be on holiday next week.  While I normally should have WiFi and I'll try to check every day, it might be that I'm not on for a couple of days.  I'm last in the initiative order, so I don't think it's going to be that much of an issue.  And my first action will be a assensing, to see what it actually is.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (13:15:07/03-02-17)
So what now?
  And my first action will be a assensing, to see what it actually is.

Once you are aware of it, the only one of you that can act on it on their first action is Clem.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (18:28:16/03-04-17)
Waiting on  Hydroraven.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: HydroRaven on (18:41:47/03-06-17)
So having failed her composure test, what can Clem do?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (23:17:51/03-06-17)
She can visibly and publily lose her shit with regards to the big nasty that is thundering down the road, and then take her action as normal.  Just don't have her do anything like aim or speak calmly for the next little bit.  Also, remember you were knocked down by that hunting rifle shot that you soaked.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (13:53:38/03-10-17)
Mercy and Necro, since you guys are coming up and can't respond to the beastie anyway, you can go ahead and take your actions while we are waiting for Hydroraven.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (22:05:15/03-10-17)
I'll normaly be back from tomorrow onwards.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (02:40:33/03-19-17)
So that leaves Torley and Sammy's reaction posts before moving into normal combat.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (12:05:10/03-19-17)
I believe that is correct.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (13:23:48/03-19-17)
Sorry, I was on training without access to the internet except for the evenings (and then I was quite tired).  Mine's done now.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (15:27:42/03-20-17)
Posted. Was out camping this weekend, came home with a cold. Getting better, but still not 100%.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (14:07:25/03-24-17)
Sorry for checking out folks, computer issues, writing the post now.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (16:06:03/03-24-17)
Torley takes crash damage, 12S vs ½ Impact

This is going to hurt.
BOD(3) + 1/2 Impact(2) (http://orokos.com/roll/499189): 5d6t5 2

So, Sam takes 9S damage, knocking him out, and 1P from the overflow.

Good luck, guys.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (16:41:35/03-24-17)
body 4 + impact armour 6 =10 (http://orokos.com/roll/499192): 10d6t5 4
reroll misses with edge.
reroll misses with edge (http://orokos.com/roll/499193): 6d6t5 2
that gives me 2S damage.  I just stay in my -2s (luckily).  One more hit and I'm out too. :(
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (17:57:10/03-24-17)
Body 4 + Impact Armor 5 = Pool 9
Impact Resist (http://orokos.com/roll/499196): 9d6t5 5
So O'Connor takes 3S, raising his CM to -2 and is two boxes away from knockout.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (18:13:06/03-24-17)
Feel free to start posting actions
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (18:30:23/03-24-17)
order is:
-Clem
-O'Connor
-Snow
-Sammy

question: are we in a new round, or in another IP for the first round?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (00:55:55/03-25-17)
Second pass of the same round.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (16:19:10/03-25-17)
Since Snow is lower in the initiative score than most of the others, she will expend an edge to grab the initiative to try to lead the monster away from the group.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (14:42:14/03-26-17)
Okay, so I am not really seeing this happening, but I will give you a chance of making this work if you really want to.  It will take a truly impressive Con roll, that said, you can also withdraw the action with no penalty. 

BTW Clem's shot DID damage it, it is just in a berserker rage type thing.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (16:00:03/03-26-17)
I'm waiting until it's my turn on the initiative.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (19:50:29/03-26-17)
OK, CON is another skill she does not have.  I can withdraw the action.  I had just thought that it was acting on movement and would chase her into the forest and away from the others.  But I can take a hint and will simply wait my initiative turn and act.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (22:05:38/03-26-17)
OK, CON is another skill she does not have.  I can withdraw the action.  I had just thought that it was acting on movement and would chase her into the forest and away from the others.  But I can take a hint and will simply wait my initiative turn and act.

1. Snow does have Con, it is part of the Influence skill group in 4th Edition.

2. Almost anything that affects another character or NPC would require a roll.  This action in particular would require a VERY good roll.

3.  You still need to update your placeholder post in the beginning of this thread with your sheet.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (22:25:26/03-26-17)
Thank you.  I did know that and just forgot it.  Sometime it is hard to remember what is in a group.

My character sheet is updated.  It is on reply 13 on the first page.  I did not use the placeholder for some reason and just put it as a new post.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (00:01:29/03-29-17)
So will you be attempting the roll?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (07:55:36/03-29-17)
you are before her in the initiative order, so you can already do your action.  I'm waiting because I'm last.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (09:50:13/03-29-17)
No.  I am not going to try to lead the monster away.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (10:30:32/03-29-17)
Thank you.  I did know that and just forgot it.  Sometime it is hard to remember what is in a group.

Have you tried Chummer (http://www.chummergen.com/)? I find it really helpful for tracking my characters & their abilities. There's also a version for SR5 (https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/tag/Nightly-v5.191.27).
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (22:06:58/03-30-17)
you are before her in the initiative order, so you can already do your action.  I'm waiting because I'm last.
Still waiting for Hydro's post. Clem is top of the order.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (23:13:58/04-05-17)
We've been static for a bit. Mercy has rescinded Snow's last actions (you might want to delete that post Mercy, for sake of clarity). So with that undone we're back to normal initiative order and at the top of the round.

Initiative Order
Clem (16)
O'Connor (15)
Snow (10)
Torley (10) (Unconcious)
Sammy (7)
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:07:26/04-06-17)
Thanks for the reminder.  I will delete the post now.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (01:03:58/04-09-17)
Okay, not sure what is going on with Hydroraven, but it is past time to push on, Necrogigas go ahead and take your action, remembering you have a knockdown.  We will assume Clem is holding an action for the moment.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (22:10:27/04-10-17)
My post is up, so its Mercy and then farothel's turn. Hopefully Hydro pops up at some point between the two.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (04:01:14/04-11-17)
I'll await Mercy and then post my action (it will be simple: throw stunbolt and hope for the best).

Hydro has come online today, according to his profile.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (04:48:50/04-12-17)
So that ends the round, unless Hyro replies promptly. For clarification, Crossbow, what initiative pass are we in at the top of the new round?

Also, what would the penalty be for a called shot on the creatures knee? I want to limit its mobility.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (15:06:11/04-12-17)
Necro, don't you have more IPs?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (02:53:18/04-14-17)
I do,  but I want to possible do more than regular attacks. So I need to ask a few questions.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (00:53:35/04-16-17)
Targeting the knee would be a normal called shot penalty.  The round of IPs we were in was 2, so I am pretty sure only Clem an Con have passes left.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (01:16:35/04-16-17)
Snow is certainly pout of IP.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (02:45:19/04-18-17)
I'm also out of IP.  So as soon as O'Connor's have been resolved, and Hydro shows up, we can go to the next IP.

I'll already roll my initiative for the next round.
initiative 7 - 2CM =5 (http://orokos.com/roll/507536): 5d6t5 2

So that's initiative 9 for me, 2 IP.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (03:40:31/04-18-17)
Initiative
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 - CM 2 = Pool 9
Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/507539): 9d6t5 3
Total: 12, 4 IP
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:34:02/04-19-17)
Snow Initiative:  9 - CM2 = 7.  Initiative (http://orokos.com/roll/507822): 7d6t5+7 10  10 and 2 IP
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (10:55:12/04-20-17)
Sam's initiative: Napping (http://orokos.com/roll/508295): 0d6t5 0. No IP.  :(

Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (22:40:39/04-24-17)
Hoping we can finally get back on track, I have been unable to get any serious time with my POS laptop to get this stuff taken care of.  If you want to pursue it into the flaming jungle let me know, but it is in full retreat and Full Defense at this point.

I don't know what happened to Hydroraven, I hope we haven't lost him, I sent a PM and have been trying to track site presence, with not much to show.  If he is gone, we will NPC the character until we can get a new heavy onboard.

Everybody else okay, considering?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (22:51:30/04-24-17)
Sounds reasonable to me. Sam's not going to go chasing after that thing. He may even try to convince himself that it never existed...once he wakes up. ;)

Hope you get your laptop sorted soon!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (01:47:07/04-25-17)
Sammy is not going to chase either.  There's three unconscious people in or near the truck and who knows what else is in that jungle.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (03:35:08/04-25-17)
How hurt does the creature seem? If it's backing into the jungle, how much cover does it have this round?

We might want to go after it. Regular elephant tusks are worth a crap ton, monster pachyderm tusks got to be worth a pretty penny.

Clem has unused actions from the last round that could be used to blast the squid-elephant. Then O'Connor and her have a combined 7IP of pure offensive fire since its in retreat.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (04:01:59/04-25-17)
If I can I can still throw a stunbolt at it back.  As long as I can see it, cover and defense stance don't come into play for this spell.  But I'm not going into the jungle as my character has no survival skills to speak of, isn't good at navigating and wants to stay with the rest of the group (including the ones who are out cold).

So one more shot is possible, but for Sammy not more than that.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (09:57:58/04-25-17)
Snow is definitely not chasing that thing.  She is moving quickly into the truck to check on Sam then will try to get to everyone else.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (16:03:23/05-04-17)
Who are we waiting on?

Can't be me, Sam's still unconscious. :D
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (01:26:10/05-05-17)
I'm waiting to see if my last attack on that monster did something.  I guess that's for Crossbow to say.

And has anybody heard something from Hydro?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (03:10:53/05-05-17)
Snow would be trying to attach leads to Sam and use the medkit to see if I can get him back with us.

First Aid:  Logic 4 + First Aid 5 + Medkit 6 - CM 2 = 13d6.  First Aid (http://orokos.com/roll/514205): 13d6t5 7  Forgot -2 d6 for work area so remove 1 hit for 6 total hits.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (16:10:24/05-11-17)
6 points of healing gets Sam back up to 3S, 1P damage.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (15:51:28/05-14-17)
Snow does First Aid on Sammy.  11d6 after mods:  First Aid (http://orokos.com/roll/516539): 11d6t5 4  4 hits
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (20:32:35/05-16-17)
I am going to try and do what I  can from my phone, but no promises, thanks for sticking around everyone.  My laptops are kaput and our desktop is being bogarted by teenagers who fail to see the need to turn in work on time and who also need to study for finals, along with what little free time I have at home.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (22:12:28/05-16-17)
Is any of the broken weapons' ammunition and/or magazines salvageable?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (09:09:45/05-17-17)
There may be some salvage by the attackers truck, but it would not really be worth the effort.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (10:33:48/05-17-17)
We could use whatever water containers we can salvage.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (19:11:55/05-17-17)
Quite unlikely
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Mercy Merchant on (00:31:03/05-18-17)
Rats and Darn it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (05:26:35/05-20-17)
Crossbow since you're in a weird place right now, access-wise, is there anything we can do to make things easier on you?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (09:46:39/05-20-17)
Until I am better able to access my books, just bear with me and be ready to look something up if I need it.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (16:47:02/05-26-17)
Just quoting what I put in the spoiler tag IC, since I haven't gotten a response:

Refresh my memory--what language(s) does Ahmjay use? I'm assuming Sam hasn't been around him long enough to pick it up (due to the linguistics ability, he needs 5 hours of exposure before he can try to acquire it). Regardless, he'll be watching Ahmjay's reactions closely.

Hope y'all have a good long weekend!
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (12:53:03/06-22-17)
Hey Thvor, I know the language barrier is frustrating, but you will get the roll soon.  You are still more capable of reading people, even without speaking to them, I am trying to keep you involved as best I can.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (14:37:15/06-22-17)
Crossbow: do I have any idea how far it is to the coast?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (01:36:53/06-23-17)
We are running into that scientific measurement in astral space thing again, but you can see the water as soon as you clear the canopy, so you are a fairly short drive from it.  Surely no more than 10k.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (16:22:25/06-26-17)
Okay, I've done a post and moved things a bit.  I'll conceal the truck with a spirit so we'll be a bit safer.  If I made assumptions somewhere down the line which are incorrect, please let me know and I'll adapt.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Crossbow on (03:28:30/06-27-17)
Your post is fine, we will assume you all get enough rest to remove any stun,  Thvor, take another shot at the language,,,
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Thvor on (22:04:01/07-10-17)
So the site's back up, but we seem to have lost some progress.

Crossbow, you'd mentioned the possibility of switching which site we use?
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: farothel on (01:26:30/07-11-17)
It seems we lost everything with the pirates at the seaboard.  As I summoned a water spirit for that, I know we had advanced further than is visible right now.
Title: Re: [OOC] New Beginnings DUSK
Post by: Necrogigas on (04:10:31/07-21-17)
Goodbye Catalyst, Hello Dumpshock.