NEWS

Ammo

• 32 Replies

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #30 on: <04-11-11/0338:39> »
Kinda like how a Katana and Monofilament Sword do the same damage.
Well, a mono-sword is kinda the same - an extremely sharp weapon made for carrying out blows, not for parrying - because that would damage the monowire and seriously decrease the blade's usefulness. That's why I would treat them as one-sided blades both. It's only logical to make a mono-sword something akin to a katana, or a saber so it can be used effectively with the proper fighting techniques. As most swords are dual-bladed, and they were developed in a way that was a compromise between parrying and attack capacity, it would be silly to use a traditional sword for monowire modification, as it would severely reduce it's effectiveness.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <04-11-11/0927:45> »
More damage/stopping power does not scream "Epic D&D" to me, as high level D&D play has folks regularly shrugging off the equivalent of howitzers to the face.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #32 on: <04-11-11/1737:22> »
I agree that it's not at the same place as DnD, but it's moving the direction to where it's not making since, like DnD...