KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« on: <03-25-14/2349:52> »
It appears the Origins 2014 Shadowrun Mission event schedule is finished:

http://criticalglitch.com/?page_id=478

You can preregister for entry badges at

http://originsgamefair.com/registration/register-for-origins/

but event registration hasn't started yet.

And... can it be? A Shadowrun schedule at Origins that mostly matches the play slot times of the other living campaigns running there? I won't have to sacrifice playing two other events to play one SRM event, or two SRM events to play some other event? Hallelujah!

-k
« Last Edit: <03-25-14/2352:56> by KarmaInferno »

Timothy M. Patrick

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <03-26-14/0742:35> »

Last year this schedule was tested out and it seemed to be a huge hit with the players and the GM's so here is to hoping it stays for the long haul.  As some one who ran 3 all day events last year it was nice to have that break to get food and just reset my brain I know I could not have run the same volume if it was a back to back slots.
Co-Host of CriticalGlitch a Shadowrun podcast Criticalglitch.com

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <04-11-14/1239:06> »
Thanks for that!

Hopefully next year the breaks are extended by half an hour to match the slot layout of most of the other living campaign events? Plus a lil extra time to eat/get to next location/whatever is nice, especially if the previous event runs long.

By the way, any clues as to what this "Shadowrun Live" event is about?

-k
« Last Edit: <04-12-14/0053:26> by KarmaInferno »

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #3 on: <04-23-14/1337:55> »
Shadowrun Live is the Shadowrun LARP.

There are other living campaign events besides Shadowrun?  As long as I schedule the events at Origins, we will keep the one hour break between to allow the other necessary activities required for sustaining life and sanity.
Ray Rigel
Former Shadowrun Missions Developer and Event Coordinator
Catalyst Demo Team

Spectral Force

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <04-25-14/1041:13> »
I have a couple of questions.  First, I'm checking the Origins list for Missions and I only see 2 being ran multiple times as SRM, what is the CMP?  Also there is a Shadowrun Larp?  Where can I find the rules and is there any more info about it? 

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #5 on: <04-25-14/1044:04> »
The SRMs are the main season, whereas CMPs are convention mission packs, normally only playable at conventions. Sprawl Wilds (SR4/SR5), Firing Line (same) and Elven Blood (SR4) are all CMPs. The ones on that schedule are SR5 ones.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Spectral Force

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <04-25-14/1045:38> »
So the CMP's are SRM approved then?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #7 on: <04-25-14/1050:00> »
Yes, they are. Currently I think we have 22 legal missions for Season 5 characters: The 2013 CMPs, the 2014 CMPs (which I think are debuting now?), the two rewritten&released former-CMP books and the 6 SRM-5A missions, of which only one has been released outside conventions yet.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Spectral Force

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <04-25-14/1054:06> »
I've already been running Sprawl Wilds and Firing Line at my local game store as SRM5 approved, I only 1 more left that I'm scheduled to run tomorrow.  i was looking to actually play at Origins with my Missions character, but I wasn't sure if I could do the CMP's and still have a legal character.  I'm hoping after Origins or at Origins that I can acquire the new SRM releases to run.

Timothy M. Patrick

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <04-25-14/1309:29> »
Yes CMP's are Shaodwrun Missions legal, as long as they are the season 5 versions.

To date we have

6 SRM's from 2013
8 CMPs form 2013
4 CMPs from firing Line
4 CMPS from Sprawl Wild
1 Welcome to the Sixth World

That means walking into Origins 2014 on Wednesday at noon you could have played 25 legal games (plus the Shadowrun Live at Origins, & Gencon)

Origins 2014 releases 8 new CMP's

As for the question on ShadowrunLive stop by the game hall and you can get a copy of the rules.
Co-Host of CriticalGlitch a Shadowrun podcast Criticalglitch.com

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #10 on: <04-25-14/1426:51> »
Forgive me for asking this, but does anyone yet know if Crossfire is going to make it to Origins?  I see in the Crossfire thread that everyone is hoping that it will, but I'm wondering if that's on anyone's radar in this thread.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <04-26-14/2107:08> »

6 SRM's from 2013
8 CMPs form 2013
4 CMPs from firing Line
4 CMPS from Sprawl Wild

One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them?
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <05-05-14/1217:20> »
Looks like the gaming master schedule grid is up!

No event registration yet, but folks can start planning I guess.

http://originsgamefair.com/events/games/

Question, "6879 CMP 2014-08 Company Men 4:  Demolition Run" is listed as running at 8 PM Sat night. All the other events in the evening start at 6 pm. is this an error?

As long as I schedule the events at Origins, we will keep the one hour break between to allow the other necessary activities required for sustaining life and sanity.

Heh, I meant making the breaks LONGER in the future, so the events run at 8 am / 1:30 pm / 7 pm instead of 8 am / 1 pm / 6 pm. Not a huge deal, but it would help player scheduling. Thanks for all the hard work!

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #13 on: <05-05-14/2113:35> »
We will have some Crossfire demo kits with us, but nothing official is planned for Origins.

6879 is supposed to be at 1800 (6PM).  This is supposed to be corrected in the next revision of the grid.  If it's not, please let me know so I can get it corrected.
Ray Rigel
Former Shadowrun Missions Developer and Event Coordinator
Catalyst Demo Team

martinchaen

« Reply #14 on: <05-06-14/0856:50> »
Yes CMP's are Shaodwrun Missions legal, as long as they are the season 5 versions.

To date we have

6 SRM's from 2013
8 CMPs form 2013
4 CMPs from firing Line
4 CMPS from Sprawl Wild

That means walking into Origins 2014 on Wednesday at noon you could have played 25 legal games (plus the Shadowrun Live at Origins, & Gencon)

Origins 2014 releases 8 new CMP's

As for the question on ShadowrunLive stop by the game hall and you can get a copy of the rules.
I've tried collecting the various names and product numbers for released content in this thread:
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=15063.0

(thanks to everyone for helping out with that, by the way! :) )