NEWS

The Official Scoop on Official Shadowrun Errata

• 223 Replies

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #120 on: <09-24-16/1447:56> »
With the stuff I'm posting today, we're just about done with the German errata on the chargen chapter in SR5 Core, and a good chunk of the French errata on the same chapter, so we're almost done on that bit. We'll shift focus for a little while to "The Mess of Metahumanity" in Run Faster, and then we'll get to the skills chapter in Core, and probably work on qualities as well in RF.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #121 on: <09-24-16/1536:10> »
And of course, I get called into work before I'm done. I'll get more up later, guys.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #122 on: <10-08-16/0038:52> »
We've got most of the chargen stuff done for the core book; I've just got to get it posted, so the delay's on me. Tonight, though, I'm cleaning house on some of the snowflake stuff in Run Faster, so that I have a better idea where we actually are. There's a lot of little things all over creation in there, and it's proving a daunting task.

Once I get things back in order, I'll be able to get the rest of the chargen stuff up, and then it's on to skills!

This isn't going as quickly as I'd hoped, but I think things are working out well.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #123 on: <10-08-16/0057:47> »
Thanks Patrick.

We know you and your team are doing your best.

And sometimes, Life throws you a curve and stuff has to take a backseat.

We're just happy SOMETHING is getting done.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #124 on: <10-18-16/1142:43> »
Well, we're just about done with the chargen chapter, and we've started into the skills chapter on the core book. Since we're currently focusing mostly on the French and German errata and getting all of us onto the same page, there might be some issues lurking in that huge thread that we haven't touched on yet. Once a bigger chunk of the overseas material is worked into the American edition, we'll start looking through the thread to see what we might have missed, and we'll go back and revisit things that haven't been addressed.

While I still want to work on Run Faster in parallel, honesty compels me to admit that I might have bitten off a whole lot more than I could chew, trying to do two books at once with a shiny new process that we're still tweaking. So while there are a few more things that we'd worked on that will be coming out over the next few days, stuff for RF is probably going to dry up a bit as we focus on the core book.

There will be a brief detour as we start hitting Anarchy, but a lot of the issues there are typos. They should be pretty easily addressed, and I don't see a lot of issues there. My (admittedly ambitious) goal for Anarchy is to have an errata sheet ready for it by the time the print book drops. We might not make it, but I'm going to try really, really hard.

There are a few more technomancer bits that'll be going live soon, but some of the big stuff is going to be delayed until we get to the Matrix chapter.

We're moving slowly, but we're moving. Thanks for your patience.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #125 on: <11-03-16/1545:56> »
I think I have a bit of good news regarding a couple of things, but I don't want to jinx it by being premature. I will say, however: Watch this space.

&#24525;

« Reply #126 on: <11-04-16/0105:05> »
 :o :o :o

Adamo1618

« Reply #127 on: <11-04-16/1443:10> »
Patrick, please take care of your personal life before anything else. I know there are a lot of expectations, but all that is secondary. And this of course applies to the entire errata team as well.

HiddenBoss

• Newb
« Reply #128 on: <11-13-16/1842:50> »
Are you planning to do the matrix parts book by book or all at once? (Core, DT and rigger 5)

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #129 on: <11-18-16/1223:18> »
One bit of good news is already out there: We got the updated Street Grimoire PDF uploaded. The updated errata sheet will be out there soonish, but I've got a couple of other projects I have to get done, and I've got deadlines.

One of those deadlines is even pertinent to this discussion, but I still can't talk about it yet. As usual, watch this space.

blayz001

• Newb
« Reply #130 on: <11-18-16/1406:34> »
Patrick, let me just tell you that I (and I expect I'm not alone) very much appreciate your communication, as well as your work.  Thank you!

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #131 on: <11-18-16/1411:28> »
Are you planning to do the matrix parts book by book or all at once? (Core, DT and rigger 5)
By book, mostly. I mean, certain things in Core are going to affect items in DT and R5, so we'll touch on those as we come to them (sort of the way we touched on Chrome Flesh as we were working on 'ware-related things). When we did the technomancer tweaks, we touched on all the books at once. The first big push of Matrix stuff, though, will be for Core, and we'll get to DT and R5 in due course.
« Last Edit: <11-18-16/1413:03> by Patrick Goodman »

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #132 on: <11-18-16/1420:02> »
Blayz: Happy to help.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #133 on: <11-26-16/1030:24> »
Due to a number of factors (a high-priority errata push, some paying work for another game I'm very emotionally invested in, a seven-month-old, and printers actually turning this one around much more quickly than I'd anticipated), we will not meet my goal of a full errata sheet for Shadowrun Anarchy being ready upon the book's physical release. It's still high on my list, though, and work is still underway. Sorry about that.

Sir_Prometheus

• Omae
« Reply #134 on: <11-28-16/1600:17> »
How dare you. ;)