NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #255 on: <04-20-15/2051:26> »
To say that Arc was a bit surprised about how Josie's House of Jazz turned out to be would have been a bit of an understatement.  With the Barrens address, the human had figured it would turn out to be some kinda dive like she was used to.  She shyly nodded to Henri as they were let in, eyes blinking as she looked around in small wonder.  It wasn't cheap or dirty by any means, yet didn't give off that air of superiority like at the Stardust.  Refined...drek, I didn't think places like this could hold a spot around here...  She was even more taken aback by meeting Josie himself, his smooth deep tones not matching the guttural look he gave off at first glance.   Arc muttered a "nice to meetcha too"  To the troll before they sat, ordering a soda for herself, for once finding herself not wanting any alcohol for a night.

After ordering the lamb as per Yelena's request and a moment of silence to herself, Marco arrived just as the Russian returned from practice.  She gave a little nod of recognition as she scooched over a bit while the meal arrived.  In regards to how she was feeling, she casually deflected the question away, directing the small talk between the two elves on their date.  When Yelena stepped up again to go warm up, she listened to Marco's query about her neighborhood, nodding a bit in small understanding.

"I don't handle talks that well, but I can get you some pointers.  You ain't gon' find a place round here that ain't territory of some gang or another.  If it ain't the Ancients, it's the Howlers, or Halloweeners, or Turnpikes, to name a few.  And it shifts too.  Basically, you gon' need to keep on toes and make sure whateva gang is in control is on yo good side, ya heard?  As for a place of...wuzzatusay...great evil drek?"  She paused a bit, thinking to the battle against the blood spirit.  So much death...  She pulled up her AR map, sending the keeb a location.  "This place was where the Barrens rallied against the Smiley fragger.  Lotta geeked there.  Sounds apropo eh?"

She was cut off as the group Yelena was in came on.  The music...jazz...it definitely didn't evoke the same emotions Arc felt when listening to her metal.  With her music, it was powerful, giving her strength, confidence, a primal surge of identity, if one will.  This, however, the notes that wailed and sang into the air....passion, vulnerability, love.  It reminded the human that jazz was also called soul music, and this music was certainly an extension of that thought.  She smiled a bit, leaning back and sipping her drink as Marco invited her to dance.  She paused, colors flaring on her cheeks as she wondered his angle.  "...I got regrets, but the beef ain't with you.  I'll dance, but that's just it.  Am I clear?"  This might have perplexed the keeb, but to Arc it was necessary to make that distinction: in Howler culture, dancing with another's vrukan was grounds for a fight.  Regardless of Yelena's feelings or level of comfort with the idea, Arc wasn't about to step on bounds.  So, taking his hand, in her worn jeans and tank, she joined the elf on the floor.

To say the human's step was awkward would have been a mild understatement, but by some miracle Marco was able to make it work, weaving and moving to the beats, directing the short girl in the subtle intricacies of jazz dancing.  Her green eyes caught Yelena's briefly during a solo, showing a bit of enjoyment as she relaxed a bit, letting herself get swept up into the movement and the music.  And just like that, it was over, the two were back at their seat, and Arc was having a smoke if no waitstaff objected.  When Yelena returned, she shoved the shot of vodka to the older woman.  "Frag, I thought you played good when we met...dayum..."

She was interrupted as Josie joined them, the human scooching over to the edge of the booth to allow seating room.  She smiled as they all chatted up, especially the troll, who seemed all too happy to talk whenever he had the opportunity.  "Man, I gotta say, you got nice digs here, Josie.  Hella wiz.  Kept it indie of the local hoopla too."  She was referring to gang influence, but that may have been missed.  And who cared, it was a night of stress easing, wearing on until it was near last call.  Grabbing her jacket, she took one last swig of soda.  "Well...I guess this is my queue, eh?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #256 on: <04-21-15/0100:16> »
Yelena looks at Arc and smiles, "Arc look have fun dance.  Jazz not metal, but can feel soul if play right."  She moves a bit as Josie comes over to join them.  She feels herself flush at his sincere compliments.  "Yelena might call bluff then Josie stuck Yelena.  Say, met Ork can drum.  Is good.  Not jazz, but good.  Name Duckdown.  Josie know?"  The large Troll smiles and nods.  "Josie does indeed know of him.  I have some of his stuff in my sound system for a different mood. That trog got hauled over some coals not of his making, and I heard he got hung out to dry by his label."  He shakes his massive head then adds,  "You know him you tell him to come see Josie."  Yelena tells him that Arc knows the Ork much better and Josie turns to her.  "I still got a few irons in the fire from my days in the biz and I still have some folks out there that owe me favors.  Have your boy contact me and I will see what I can do for him.  No promises, but it can't hurt." 

Josie gives a deep rumble that must be a laugh when Arc talks about the place.  "Pardon my language, but damn straight I keep it free of the local troubles.  Got four Ancients and a couple Howlers in here now, but they cause no trouble.  Sort of like neutral ground.  Even Keebs and trogs can agree to like jazz.  So I hear that you got some link to the Howlers yourself, Arc.  That would be a story to put to some jazz or blues."  Josie seems to like Arc and they engage in small talk for quite a while.  All too soon it is time to close up.  Josie excuses himself and leaves the booth.  He turns to the table and says, "It was a real pleasure having you here tonight.  Meant what I said, Yelena.  Got a place in the house band ever you want to leave off your day gig.  Marco, you move like a breeze on the dance floor.  Could teach some folks how to dance.  And Arc, got to admit you got to this old trog.  Got to admire a woman who drinks nothing but soda and juice all night.  Strong woman.  Come back some time and I will tell you the whole Josie story.  Seriously though, all of you are welcome any time."

After Josie moves off to help Henri push the stragglers out the door, the group leaves for the parking lot.  Yelena moves close to Arc.  "Arc good friend.  Thank for come.  Hope had better time than old trids.  Marco take Yelena home cab.  Arc not wait up.  We meet at Sam at nine."  She leans over and gives Arc a big hug before taking Marco's hand and waiting for him to call a cab.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #257 on: <04-21-15/0137:02> »
Joise was a pleasant influence... “You guys are awesome... Pure emotion... I enjoyed it very much”

Dancing was a passion for Marco, something he was deprived from in his early life.  For a moment he could imagine more simple life, no clients no shadow running just dancing. It was a fantasy but just thinking about it made him smile. Also the idea that Yelena could one day just play Jazz for living seemed a lot less grim than killing people and then drinking to forget. Yet these are fantasies, and shortly after the club closes. Marco thanks Josie for a pleasant evening and say his goodbyes to Arc.

The taxi arrives quickly, Marco opens the door for Yelena and joins her shortly after. When he joins he look into her eyes, smiling: “We should do that again some time... I had so much fun. Your music can make angels cry.’’ He holds her hand and asks: “was there ever a wedding ring on one of these fingers?... that person that taught you to use the Sax... he was a lover... wasn't he?”

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #258 on: <04-21-15/0219:20> »
Yelena smiles as she pats the sax case next to her in the cab.  "Yes.  Yelena like that.  Is dream to play all time.  No more killing.  But is only fantasy."  She goes deathly silent for a minute when he asks about the sax man.  Then she nods.  "Yelena not talk much of sax man.  Met in Oslo, Norway.  Yelena working London gang.  After finish take two week rest.  Hear music never hear before.  Was man playing sax in café.  Was something different.  Go back four nights and he see Yelena.  We talk.  We drink.  We make love.  Yelena stay five years.  Sax man was famous.  Lived UCAS and other places.  Many people know.  Married.  Two daughters.  One son.  Wife have sex other men, but sax man love enough to not care.  Then wife love best friend.  Betrayal too much.  Sax man go Europe and end in Oslo.  Live there twenty years.  Still love wife.  No divorce.  No ring Yelena.  Sometimes Yelena almost make forget wife, but not quite."

"Sax man teach Yelena forgive.  Teach love.  Teach sax.  Teach greatest song.  His song.  All love. hope, betrayal, misery, forgiveness in one song.  Teach Yelena and Yelena make it both song.  Play together in club.  Forget killing.  Not forget demons because demons refuse to go away.  Yelena drink and forget for a while.  Sax man help Yelena get clean of drugs.  Bliss and Kamikaze ruled Yelena life for years.  Sax man help get free.  Then he die.  One day just stop living.  Yelena find in chair at window.  Sax on bed.  Picture of wife in hand."   Yelena lowers her head and tears fall from her eyes.  "Was picture of wife.  Not Yelena.  At end he think of her."  She pauses without trying to stem the tears, then continues.  "Yelena bury sax man in Oslo.  Take some money.  Take sax.  Take guns.  Go back to killing.  All Yelena knows is sax and killing.  Not much for sixty-four fragging years, is it?" 

She looks up again and swipes at the tears.  "Sorry.  But Marco ask.  Answer is no for ring and yes for lover.  Still hurt he loved drek of wife more than Yelena.  Still, Yelena learned much from sax man.  Was mostly happy five years."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #259 on: <04-21-15/0500:14> »
Marco listens carefully to Yelena... "You are still alive at 64, while holding one of the most dangerous professions in the world. Do not under estimate yourself - your kind of quality is extremely rare. You know what you can do, and more importantly you know what you can’t do. This knowledge is what kept you alive all these years...   " He hugs her and softly whisperers... "Your sax lover, might have given her his last moments, but he gave you his last years. I am not sure it was you he betrayed... "

When he finally let go of her, he adds:  "But this is all long gone, and here we are now... The world cannot survive for a single day without hope and so can’t we.  Everyone I ever loved betrayed me, including my own parents. Yet here I am, back on my feet trying to open my heart to you... "

There is so much more Marco wants to say, but he don't. He just look at her, holding her hand and trying to guess where the night is going from here. He then say... "if you need some time alone... I am okay with that, I can wait." He looks into her eyes and after a short silence adds: "I will never expect you to forget him... even if we spend together many years...  I am thankful ... his love kept you alive until last night. "
« Last Edit: <04-21-15/0645:46> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #260 on: <04-21-15/1026:00> »
Yelena pulls back and looks at the Keeb next to her.  "Marco still want Yelena?  Not need tell lie of years to get sex.  Yelena used to days then lover ask leave.  Have problems.  Drink much. Smoke much. Now drug.  Yelena much trouble.  But not want be alone now.  Sax man dead, gone.  Marco alive, here."  She reaches out a hand and places it on his chest over his heart.  She whispers, "Marco alive."  With that she leans into him and starts kissing him, giving him a hint of the passion she has.

When they get to the apartment building, the cabbie gives a couple of "Ahems" then just lets the meter run until they break from the kiss.  The pair go into the building, nodding to the doorman.  Once upstairs, Yelena barely gives Marco time to secure the door before she is on him.  Pushing him against the door she gives him a taste of the coming night.  While not particularly strong, her sheer sensuous physicality and passion are clearly a force.  She is like a tigress as she removes enough of her and Marco's clothing to get at him.  She is insatiable in her lovemaking and no room except the locked one is missed in her effort to claim something of this man who has sparked a desire long hidden behind a veneer of self doubt and self scorn.  There is no magic spell, no link, just passion.  The buried demons stay hidden as they are afraid of their fate should they try to interrupt her.  She has no time for demons tonight, only for Yelena and Marco.  Marco is an incredibly talented lover and she lets him know that over and over.  How they ended up in the bed is a mystery, but she takes advantage of that, letting her passion pour through her and onto Marco.  Finally she collapses on top of him, sweating and panting, her head on his chest.  She strokes his face and murmurs, "Yelena keep promise.  Show Marco good time." 

She rolls off and lays next to her lover, allowing one arm to stay across his chest.  She remembers to set her clock before dropping off to sleep.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #261 on: <04-21-15/1105:58> »
The speed that it all happened, that the night moved from tears to passion was a mystery to Marco. He was very passionate and  very attentive to her and did his best to keep up. She indeed was a very energetic lover and he gave her his complete attention.  When she fell asleep exhausted he kept stroking her hair gently and thought to himself. “ Still she do not believe me...Sex is amazing but it is not all...  If by some miracle she can be saved from her terrible fate - there is hope for me... for everyone else... I will follow her to the gates of hell and carry her sorry ass back to this world if I have to... There is also the possibility that I will just fall to that dark place together with her... a likely possibility given my history... but even in that case at least she won’t be there alone. ”

If religion ever taught him anything it was belief... Belief that despite anything she told him she could one day be happy... That her demons will let her be and that she can live a normal life. Belief that the same could apply to him, that no matter what happened before... as long as they are still breathing it is never too late.  He kept stroking her hair until he fell asleep himself. Tranquility, it was another careless moment. Like many he had before - this time it, however, it felt different.
« Last Edit: <04-21-15/1835:04> by gilga »

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #262 on: <04-21-15/1145:05> »
Arc was definitely more cheery as they left the club, even swapping commcodes with Josie before doing so ("From the sounds of it, we both got stories to tell.  We can swap em sometime, null sweat") and again expressed her appreciation of the performance and the treatment to the two keebs.  As the human hugged Yelena, she couldn't help but whisper to her "Now don't go breaking drek.  See ya tomorrow" with a little snigger.  As she hopped onto the bike, she glanced over to watch the pair ride off in the cab, heaving a little sigh as she jacked in and rode home.

It surprised Arc how much she had grown accustomed to sharing her living space, as the silence that greeted her upon arriving home left her with a little sense of loneliness.  A feeling she didn't really recognize that much, having not had genuine friendships outside her abusive gang relations.  Frowning a bit, she turned on the trid and wound down with a quick martial arts flick, stripping down and plopping onto the couch before eventually drifting off to sleep.

While a full night's sleep was in store for the little human, it by no means was a peaceful one.  She dreamed vividly, her senses assaulted by a myriad of images, rapidly shifting from one scene to the next. 
Dancing at the jazz club, the sounds echoing in her head. 
The meeting before hunting the blood spirit, scent of pizza and dread heavy in the air. 
A wild night of drunken passion and regret. 
The first engine she ever fixed, the hot smell of oil and metal. 
An eagle, soaring overhead and disappearing in the horizon. 
A small child, babbling cheerily and reaching out for her arms in embrace. 
A chase on motorbikes, adrenaline pumping. 
A fire. Consuming everything she knew and loved around her While she burned...

With the last one, she awoke with a start to her alarm, telling her to get ready for the meet up.  Her chest rode and fell heavily as she steadied herself, a little bewildered and confused.  Still wondering about it. She absently dressed in her street attire, tank, jeans, and jacket, pistol at her lower back.  Grabbing the car, she zoomed off for the seamstress's union, arriving right on time much to her luck.  "Hoi again.  Is John in?". She asked casually, lifting her arms up as if the front desk might recognize her.
« Last Edit: <04-21-15/2033:58> by SgtBoomCloud »

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #263 on: <04-22-15/0133:29> »
"Indeed." Ambrose replied, sitting down and looking to get a good look at this 'John' fellow.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #264 on: <04-22-15/0217:46> »
The internal buzz of the commlink alarm brings Yelena awake from a deep sleep.  A sleep that for the first time in years had not been interrupted by her hidden demons.  Turning her head, she looks at the Keeb sleeping next to her.  This man is different; she can feel that.  Certainly his bed skills were better than those of anyone else she had ever bedded before, but it was more than that.  She had talked about the sax man and told things about herself that she had not told others.  Yelena barely knew him, but felt like he had been with her for a long time. 

Yelena recalled the tempestuous events of the early morning and winced a bit.  She had simply let all of her emotions run wild with Marco, and the Keeb had participated fully.  He had proven to be a complete match for her sensuality and desires.  There had been no hesitation in him and it seems that he had desired her just as much as she needed him.  She grimaced when she remembered being so entwined in each in each other that they had barely noticed the pair of lamps that crashed to the ground.  All in all the experience had released a lot of emotion.

Even now, looking at Marco brought desire to her and she felt her body reacting to his nearness.  Not able to resist him, Yelena runs her hand down the length of his body then covers his body with hers, kissing him awake and making love to him.  Not the frenetic action of earlier, but a deep, soul searing passion that sweeps away years of cobwebs within her.  At this moment and in this place there are only two people in the world.  The hurt of the sax man's loss and seeming betrayal is pushed off to a hidden corner, as is every other hurt.  From her position above Marco, tears well up and spill from her eyes to fall onto his chest, the tears signaling a release from a self-imposed bondage years in the making.  Her slow but emotional movements are perfectly timed to those of the awakened body beneath her.  Her passion reaches previously unexplored heights and the explosive release of.......of......of everything is the most unexpected and most desirable sensation she has ever felt.  Such force cannot be easily contained and her body reacts with spasms of joy as she gives voice to a primal noise that has no connection with any recognized language. 

Yelena collapses on top of Marco, sobbing into his chest, her body quivering uncontrollably.  It takes several minutes for her to regain any semblance of control and she uses the time to cover Marco's chest and face with kisses.  Finally barely able to speak, she whispers, "Never before.  Maybe never again.  Best ever.  Marco best lover Yelena ever have.  Yelena needed Marco."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #265 on: <04-22-15/0334:58> »
Softness... warmness and warm kisses. He embraces the feeling as he floats someplace between alertness and sleep. For a moment it all seems like a dream... a very sensual dream.
He opens his eyes, and Yelena’s face is the first thing that he sees. “Good morning” he whispers, she is already making love for him and his body responds. Intuitively he moves in complete sync with her, looking at her with affection.

She seems different... for a rare moment she is no longer running. Marco is excited... he is aware of every tiny facial expression every minute movement in her body, and each new height furthers his excitement until eventually he too let go. He never knew he could enjoy it like that. No fancy technique, no magic, just emotion... Kind of like Jazz.  He gently strokes her back until she catches her breath again. Her eyes are wet... he wipe a tear away from her cheek and say “I am not going anywhere... I need you too”...

Shortly after reality kicks in, they do not have much time until they need to arrive at the meeting. "I’ll make us some quick sandwiches with omelette for the way we should get going soon". He puts on a pair boxers and watches the mayhem in the apartment as he walks to the kitchen.  Despite being a very organized person, somehow every displaced item brings back happy sensual memories. “It will take some time to re organize the place". He thinks to himself... when he  see's the broken lamps near the bar he sighs, but he quickly broom out any remains to prevent an accident.

He begins his work at the kitchen with some toast bread, cutting onion and champignon mushrooms. He then mix it all with 3 eggs and fry it quickly. It only take 3-4 minutes until there are two nicely looking sandwiches waiting for them for the road. He books a taxi, and heads to the shower.
« Last Edit: <04-22-15/0339:33> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #266 on: <04-22-15/1018:34> »
Yelena lays in the bed for a minute after Marco leaves it to get breakfast started.  She puts her hand in the spot he vacated, feeling the warmth of his body there and wonders why she has to go anywhere and do anything.  Cannot life be like this?  She fantasizes for a moment then realizes that this can probably never be.  She is a killer of people, more, she is paid to kill people.  Her body count indicates that she is quite good at her job.  She has no business dreaming of a different life.  Marco might be different, but he is still likely to ask her to leave after a few days.  Idyllic bliss is hard to maintain and Yelena is not the type to settle down, a lifetime of moving bears that out.  Still, what if..............

Shaking her head, Yelena gets out of bed and takes a quick shower.  She searches through the dresser for underwear and a tee shirt that fit, remembering that her shirt from the evening before had suffered a bit and is now missing at least two buttons.  She slips the tee on and pads out to the ruined living room to put her pants on.  Marco is nearly finished with the breakfast sandwiches and she smiles at him.  "Yelena sorry about rooms.  Much mess."  She starts to clean up and notices that two lamps are missing.  She reddens as she remembers again that she had kicked them to the floor in her passion.  "Yelena very sorry for lamps.  Will buy new.  And breakfast smell good."

Yelena continues straightening up when Marco goes for his shower.  She has the sandwiches packed and is ready to go when he emerges from the bedroom.  As they leave the room and head to the elevator, she tentatively wraps her arm through his and walks close to him, almost surprised when he does not flinch or move away.  She allows herself another fleeting  what if..............

In the elevator, Yelena stands close to Marco, reaching down to hold his hand.  She is quiet in the taxi, not really saying much until they arrive at the meeting address.  "Yelena thank Marco.  Was best night ever.  Not know if can do all again, but Marco want try sometime?"  They arrive at the site about fifteen minutes early, just in time to see Arc disappear into the building.  She does not see Feather's new bike and hopes that he is not too late.  They enter the building just behind Arc and join her as she heads to the meeting.  She gives her friend a huge hug and walks upstairs with her and Marco.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #267 on: <04-22-15/1214:11> »
"Yelena very sorry for lamps.  Will buy new.  And breakfast smell good."

Marco.
[/color][/color][/color][/color]

Marco gives her a naughty smile... "It may be a blur to you but I vividly remember holding you against that bar and madly kissing you when the lamps fell". While speaking  he approaches Yelena, gently pushes her to the bar and kiss her briefly.
"You do not need to pay for the lamps, its okay I’ll find some new after job is done. "
... He then whispers "Last night... and this morning were both amazing experiences... You are a remarkable woman."

He showers quickly and get dressed, from his experience from yesterday he need nothing too fancy again. “I am going to need some more casual clothes...”.

"Yelena thank Marco.  Was best night ever.  Not know if can do all again, but Marco want try sometime?"  [/color][/color][/color][/color]
Marco smiles at her, he quietly say: “of course... I’ll be happy to see you again. Maybe tonight or after the party in monday... I really enjoyed you at the club and we should also do that again... I want to take you to my regular drinking place when we have some time.”

When they arrive he warmly greets Arc... “Great too see you I hope you had a good night... I really enjoyed dancing with you yesterday... We’re getting good together and should definitely definitely dance again.”

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #268 on: <04-22-15/1354:37> »
@ Ambrose  The room is spotlessly clean and almost barren in it's austerity. John is tall and lanky, and his clothing is completely nondescript, designed to fit into a variety of situations and be forgotten. Ambrose should know, he's mastered the art of that particular fashion aesthetic himself. And when he steps forward John greets him with a polished, professional voice. "Pleased to meet you. Thank you for coming on such short notice." He calls up an ARO map that appears between the two of you. "The job I need done is here in the Barrens on the Salishe-Sidhe border. It's an old warehouse located right here on this street corner." He points to several places in quick succession each one enlarging temporarily in response to his command gestures. Ambrose immediately recognizes the area. It's less than a block from the Stardust, and there is only an empty lot between it and the club. This job just got a bit easier. There won't be any extra travel time involved to factor into his plans. John continues "As I said in my message I'll want a lot of flash, and a very loud bang, preferably several. I'm also thinking a small fire on the outside of the building on this wall." He points to the side of the building facing the club. "Something large enough to be seen and burn for 10-12 minutes. He points to the side of the building facing the club. "I'll need it set to a remote switch that I'll want to control. The warehouse does do a bit of legitimate business but most of it's workers are gone by 18:00 and the explosion will happen well after that so it should be easy to prevent loss of life. The biggest problem will be preventing anyone from seeing you set the charges given the relatively short amount of time before I need them." He looks at you. "I'm sure you have a few questions, but my biggest question is can you handle the job?"
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #269 on: <04-22-15/2030:56> »
"On the matter of handling a task like this, its really about how much you can pay. Not for me personally, but for the supplies needed. Do you have any personal for more technological things? If so I would suggest having a song to go along with it, Overture 1829 is a bit cliche, but for good reason. Being its more near the holidays, Might I suggest Wizards in Winter, or for a bit more avaunt guard, Ava Maria. Or we could go with irony with Silent Night. Any particular reason you're blowing up this particular warehouse?  That tends to help with setting the proper song, and light show."
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules