NEWS

So, Season 5 - 5th Ed. or 4th Ed?

• 28 Replies

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #15 on: <01-08-13/1543:15> »
Just becasue 5e is coming out, dosen't mean that you have to totally disregard 4e. I know people who play older versions of games long after the "new" stuff comes out. *cough Battletech, cough DnD 3.5*
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #16 on: <01-08-13/1606:05> »
*cough Battletech, cough DnD 3.5*
Should get that nasty cough checked out.

A friend of mine still runs AD&D.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #17 on: <01-08-13/2248:23> »
Sorry, the condition is chronic  :P
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <01-08-13/2300:02> »
Just becasue 5e is coming out, dosen't mean that you have to totally disregard 4e. I know people who play older versions of games long after the "new" stuff comes out. *cough Battletech, cough DnD 3.5*

I know that while I do plan on picking 5e up, I'll probably stick with 4th until there's more out for the new one.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Ryushiroi

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <01-13-13/1335:54> »
Great...

::looks at pile of characters already created for 4th edition::

This is going to be... interesting.

You think that's bad, I'm kicking off my 4e campaign tomorrow night!  :o

We're on Season 2... I think we just avoided a bloodbath over Romeo & Juliet... But the stack was just in case I managed to find someone who was doing more... up-to-date missions...

Linkdeath

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #20 on: <03-09-13/1128:02> »

I know that while I do plan on picking 5e up, I'll probably stick with 4th until there's more out for the new one.

I'm planning on running 4e until I've read enough to be fully comfortable with running 5e. That said, I still plan on picking it up right away! I'm actually messing with my players' heads. I'm going to be dumping them back in the 2050s and when they come back, we'll be using 5e!
« Last Edit: <03-12-13/1550:27> by Linkdeath »
Dance to the tension of a world on edge.

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #21 on: <03-12-13/1209:38> »
Thanks for the honesty Bull. My group have only just started Season 4, so we'll be busy for a while yet. I guess by the time we're ready to make a decision regarding Season 5, the dust will have settled a bit.

you're lucky. My group is still at season 2
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Padawan

• Chummer
« Reply #22 on: <03-13-13/1306:35> »
Bull,

I throw my support in for Season 5 being in Portland, Maine! (Of course... I've lived in Maine my whole life, so I might be biased) Thanks for all the answers too, been looking forward to hearing more about this :)
Speech
Astral
Thought
Matrix/Commlink

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <03-13-13/1321:01> »
Season 5 is going to be in Chicago.  The announcement was made last summer.

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #24 on: <03-13-13/1417:42> »
Nice, good to here chi-town is up for a season.

Red
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Padawan

• Chummer
« Reply #25 on: <03-14-13/0022:29> »
Season 5 is going to be in Chicago.  The announcement was made last summer.

Damn. I only started playing last month lol. I'll just have to try and convince them for when season 6 happens ;)
Speech
Astral
Thought
Matrix/Commlink

DamienHollow

« Reply #26 on: <03-17-13/0437:25> »
Really? Wow... They're just setting up all kinds of fun stuff for this one, aren't they? Chicago is bug-town, isn't it? I've also heard that they may be expounding on the anti-dragon tech mentioned in "The Clutch of Dragons." So... dragon-roach anyone?

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <03-17-13/0533:49> »
Really? Wow... They're just setting up all kinds of fun stuff for this one, aren't they? Chicago is bug-town, isn't it? I've also heard that they may be expounding on the anti-dragon tech mentioned in "The Clutch of Dragons." So... dragon-roach anyone?

Anti-Dragon tech is in Storm Front. Also, yes...Chicago is Bug City. Welcome back to hell, omae. Hope you stocked up on raid and
KE IV.

DamienHollow

« Reply #28 on: <03-17-13/1533:12> »
chapter "Tools of the Opposition" starts on 128 of The Clutch of Dragons, Might be the same info, maybe not. I don't have Storm Front.