NEWS

Race Cars of the Sixth World

• 20 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #15 on: <10-21-12/0201:25> »
Our rigger has a steel-linx-mounted vindicator. You can tell that all hell has broken loose when she takes it out.

Of course, our pacifist jedi has bought her about a thousand gel rounds for it  ;D
So, that's the first two rounds...  If they haven't retreated from there, they deserve the lethal stuff.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

SunRunner

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <10-21-12/2222:56> »
Personally I like using a Barrett 121 on most of my rigging plat forms. Slap in BF and FA conversions for 5 capacity and then gas vent 3 and gyro mount it if its on something small like a lynx where the GM may look at you funny for firing it full auto with no recoil. Load Anti tank rounds for a nice 9P with -10AP vs every thing and pretty much any thing less then a MBT is going to take notice when you open up. If you go full rock and roll with it your doing a nice 18P + net hits with -10AP. Its alot less high profile then most of the heavy vehicle weapons as the rifle is not super huge and if you got the armor skill you can generally do the conversion to FA your self in your armor shop. It only comes out to about 25k to buy and mod out and its cheaper then most of the heavy vehicle ordnance with a better performance profile.

I took some flack from my group for not grabbing the auto cannon when the GM let a guy offer one as alternate payment for a run. They stopped laughing the next run when they botched the exit and my strato 9 slagged an Ares city master and its entire KE FRT team in one pass buying them enough time to get away. Of course I had to cut the drone lose at that point and burn it since that got every KE rigger in the city on my poor faithful strato 9s six. It was all good I just told them since I burned it to save them they got to replace it out of their cuts.

FuelDrop

• Omae
  • Popping stims, it's time to go to work.
« Reply #17 on: <10-22-12/0522:02> »
I like that: a gun that can stop the vehicle firing it in its tracks is always a good investment.
If you can fit it on, a gun that can out-propel the engines is also fun :D
"When in doubt, C4" - Mythbusters. As true in 2070 as when it was first spoken.

"You're wearing WHAT?" - Group reaction when our street sam walked into a meet wearing light military armour.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #18 on: <10-25-12/0030:03> »
I admit I prefer blimp drones with whatever shoots furthest.  Add a silencer, your usual no-see-ums, and keep it up there more-or-less indefinitely.  If the rigger is particularly clever and has a little bit more cash (or is building up his store), get multiple drones, acquire storage locations in each district as launch points, put the drones in there, and if you have to race from Puyallup to Auburn, well, you'll still have a friend in the sky when you get there.

Are the Barrett rounds still a billion bucks a pop?  I would presume so, but I'll confess to not being as up on the dirty details as I absolutely used to be...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #19 on: <10-25-12/0035:36> »
Are the Barrett rounds still a billion bucks a pop?  I would presume so, but I'll confess to not being as up on the dirty details as I absolutely used to be...

Nope. Barrett uses standard ammo. Even the AP -6 Anti-Tank rounds are still under 200¥ per 10.

Thinking of a Thunderstruck Gauss Rifle maybe?
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #20 on: <10-25-12/0045:34> »
No, no.  The 121's rounds used to be 'unique', meaning you had to acquire them via individual availability tests per ... box of 10 or something.  And they were majorly expensive.  Anyhow.

For the most part, my preference in vehicles is either a fast car, a superfast bike, or a truck/van that blends.  I converted the old SR3-built Honda Vector racing racing bike - non-street-legal version - and then sat back, stared at the screen, steepled my fingers, and chuckled, "reee-he-he-heally ..."
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.