Off-topic > General Gaming

dresden files RPG: I'm going to hell and i dont care

<< < (4/8) > >>

PeterSmith:

--- Quote from: Caine Hazen on ---There are no set "spell lists" so there is no determining which spells are more powerful than which others.
--- End quote ---

Hang around enough engineer and science types and somebody will distill numbers down.

--- Quote from: Caine Hazen on ---Really, you do yourself a disservice by not checking out what they did with the rules for this game.  If you have the type of payers who can't handle gaming without "power gaming"; I feel bad for you.  And if you've lurked too long in places where the ubercharacters go to harp on one another based on stats, this may well bring you back to the light of good roleplaying (vs roll-playing).
--- End quote ---

Sadly, the people I know who would have an interest in this game *are* the numbers people.

Wolfboy:
Doc, Peter, i still have to agree with Caine here with the adendum that the second book being character builds of the novel's characters being mostly for the GM's so they can throw the big names into a game without having to work out those characters in the background themselves. Also, another thing to keep in mind is power isnt everything, (ie stats vs roleplaying) its also a matter of tactics and strategy. I mean seriously, read the series, until the end of "Changes" and except for the time that Harry has the denarian renting space in his noggin, he's really not that big a bad ass, what he is however is crafty, cunning and has a natural sense of how to adapt tactically and strategically. Not to mention he thinks ahead, i mean seriously, using a "Ram" spell to blow out a truck tire and flip said truck full of fuzzy gun bunnies was genius, but not something he had specifically planned for, the rings simply stored kenetic energy whenever his hands moved.

PeterSmith:

--- Quote from: Wolfboy on ---Doc, Peter, i still have to agree with Caine here with the adendum that the second book being character builds of the novel's characters being mostly for the GM's so they can throw the big names into a game without having to work out those characters in the background themselves.
--- End quote ---

That may be the reason it was decided to put the book out, but that still does not change my opinion.

--- Quote from: Wolfboy on ---I mean seriously, read the series...
--- End quote ---

I have. Still debating going back and picking up the hardcover versions of the books I have in paperback. Waiting for Side Jobs (twelve days left), debating another round of e-mail exchanges with him. None of that changes my opinion on the matter. Got tired of the eventual "Well, my character can do everything better than [named character] can!".

hazmat the monstar:
I checked out Pathfinder. I didn't think much of it. I am not a huge Fantasy fan. I love Shadowrun. What does everyone think of Eclipse Phase?

Doc Chaos:
I checked a few parts of the core book. Seemed kind of overwhelming. I couldn't really grasp it, by maybe that was because it was too technical. I'm not that suffisticated in the english language, I'm afraid... I really like the idea behind it though. Transhumanism ftw!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version