NEWS

Mechwarrior 5. Can it be? Activity? REALLY?

• 98 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #15 on: <10-12-11/1908:36> »
Another game I wish I could have played, but not as bad as Shadowrun.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #16 on: <10-12-11/1913:28> »
Another game I wish I could have played, but not as bad as Shadowrun.

The RPG, or the PC/Console game?

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #17 on: <10-12-11/1917:23> »
Or the Tabletop War/Miniature-Game?
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #18 on: <10-12-11/1921:28> »
RPG.  Never had the budget for Tabletop Games.  The PC Games...  My rigs were always ghetto.  :(

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Phylos Fett

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <10-12-11/1925:10> »
RPG.  Never had the budget for Tabletop Games.  The PC Games...  My rigs were always ghetto.  :(

The MechWarrior RPG is one that I bought back in the day, but about that time the people I was hoping to game with decided that they were giving up gaming for drinking/studying/women. I think I have it and and a few BattleTech books boxed up in my "RPGs that I never played" collection - it's a pretty big box. :(

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #20 on: <10-12-11/1927:27> »
Too bad the commute is too long...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Phylos Fett

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <10-12-11/1940:53> »
Too bad the commute is too long...

Yeah.  :(

I keep telling myself "one day, when I'm established somewhere and settled, and find the right group, I'll be gaming all the time", but that one day is still to arrive...

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <10-12-11/1945:42> »
Do you know about MegaMek? O.o
You don't need any kind of budget to play that.
And it's on java, you don't even need much of a computer to play it either . .
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

Phylos Fett

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <10-12-11/1953:31> »
Do you know about MegaMek? O.o
You don't need any kind of budget to play that.
And it's on java, you don't even need much of a computer to play it either . .

Ohhhhhhh...

Good thing it's my day off!  ;)

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <10-13-11/0926:20> »
A light Mech (30t) that only moves 3/5(there are 100t Mechs moving 4/6), that has a single AC10 and a light Laser for Weapons. And not much Armor for that weight class either.

Not sure which UrbanMech you're looking at. The UM-R60 moves 2/3 and has 91% armor capability, with a good balance of armor on the front and rear torsos.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <10-13-11/1221:40> »
A light Mech (30t) that only moves 3/5(there are 100t Mechs moving 4/6), that has a single AC10 and a light Laser for Weapons. And not much Armor for that weight class either.

Not sure which UrbanMech you're looking at. The UM-R60 moves 2/3 and has 91% armor capability, with a good balance of armor on the front and rear torsos.
I may have been giving the little critter more than it's actually worth . . could not believe a 30t mech would only have 2/3 movement . . hell, the Annihilator has 2/3 and in some versions 3/5 <.<

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #26 on: <10-13-11/1406:17> »
I want one!  For city driving!  It's the SmartCar of Mechs!  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <10-13-11/1419:13> »
Yeah, more or less . .

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <10-15-11/1217:09> »
@russ_bullock: Okay #MechWarrior fans have a great weekend. Keep spreading the word on @InnerSphereNews big news coming down the pipe! < 2yrs promise

Deliverator

• Chummer
« Reply #29 on: <10-15-11/1713:12> »
Yeah and duke nukem forever is the best game of 1997...