NEWS

Dr. Who and a comedy video short

• 12 Replies

Blond Goth Girl

• Chummer
« on: <05-11-11/1719:18> »
First, I'm a huge Dr. Who fan.  I saw that they had a Dr. Who game and I'm a bit skeptical because I can't wrap my head around how to plot something and very curious as to how the mechanics of it are set up.  Anyone have any input?  Can you play a Time Lord? 

And now a little reward for taking the time to read my post...

If you like Dr. Who, you'll love this, especially Tom Baker fans.  Even if you're not, this is hilarious and you'll get the practical joke.  You;ll have to click the tiny blue play button above the comments when you go to this link.

http://www.reddit.com/r/doctorwho/comments/dwr6r/the_fourth_doctor_buying_a_new_tardis/
« Last Edit: <05-11-11/1722:42> by Blond Goth Girl »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <05-12-11/0748:37> »
Ahh, you always bring us the most delicious videos.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #2 on: <05-13-11/0312:11> »
I liked the video, but really, when expecting to see Blond Goth Girl video's, expectations were quite... different.

sticks

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <05-13-11/0921:36> »
Good call Goth Girl, Dead Ringers was awesome when they did a sci fi spoof, youtube obi wan buying a car to see one equally as funny.

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #4 on: <06-23-11/0006:19> »
I also am a mad Dr Who fan, and personally love this, however with some meta-knowledge it's a bit creepy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWzt7cmWImY

Why is this creepy you ask? Well, consider this:

A) Dr Who #10 (played by David Tennant) has a daughter in S04E06. Lovely blond girl named Jenny (played by Georgia Moffett)
B) Georgia is the IRL daughter of Dr Who #5 (Peter Davison)

A bit twisted, but OK, so what?

C) David Tennant is now Married to Georgia Moffett.

It's a bit icky :P

'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <06-23-11/0747:57> »
Oh, in that case...

Next "season" will be split between 2012 and 2013. And 2013 is the 50th anniversary of the good Doctor, with BBC and Moffet inferring that they are going to do some "very special" things during the anniversary. What I'd like to see is a multiple-doctor reunion.

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #6 on: <06-24-11/0016:24> »
Baker was my first Doctor, funny stuff.
I used to run a Dr Who game back in the day.  Had the old FASA box set.  Never really captured the flavor of the series but had a blast with it.

I hear good things about the new version. Been tempted to pick it up but to many other games in the lineup for this year already.
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #7 on: <06-24-11/1702:47> »
I also am a mad Dr Who fan, and personally love this, however with some meta-knowledge it's a bit creepy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWzt7cmWImY

Why is this creepy you ask? Well, consider this:

A) Dr Who #10 (played by David Tennant) has a daughter in S04E06. Lovely blond girl named Jenny (played by Georgia Moffett)
B) Georgia is the IRL daughter of Dr Who #5 (Peter Davison)

A bit twisted, but OK, so what?

C) David Tennant is now Married to Georgia Moffett.

It's a bit icky :P

According to interviews, David would be at the Moffett household regularly in his off-hours. They joked that folks would have a fit if they knew the Doctor, the Doctor, and the Doctor's Daughter often had breakfast there together.

Additionally, Georgia's mother is Sandra Dickinson, and David and Georgia now have a daughter of their own, Olive. Which makes her the Doctor's Granddaughter and Daughter at the same time, I suppose.

-k
« Last Edit: <06-24-11/1706:44> by KarmaInferno »

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <06-26-11/1901:22> »
According to interviews, David would be at the Moffett household regularly in his off-hours. They joked that folks would have a fit if they knew the Doctor, the Doctor, and the Doctor's Daughter often had breakfast there together.

Additionally, Georgia's mother is Sandra Dickinson, and David and Georgia now have a daughter of their own, Olive. Which makes her the Doctor's Granddaughter and Daughter at the same time, I suppose.
Wow...

...and THAT'S where the universe implodes :)

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #9 on: <06-27-11/0749:32> »
Another great coincidence:

Stephen Moffet's Sherlock (which I *HIGHLY* recommend to everyone) stars Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes and Martin Freeman as Dr. John Watson.

Martin Freeman's been cast as Bilbo Baggins in Peter Jackson's Hobbit (which will be amazing). Now, the only character to interact directly with Smaug the dragon in the story is Bilbo as he sneaks into the dragon's lair. And the voice of Smaug will be... Benedict Cumberbatch.

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <06-27-11/1917:55> »

Stephen Moffet's Sherlock (which I *HIGHLY* recommend to everyone) stars Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes and Martin Freeman as Dr. John Watson.

Martin Freeman's been cast as Bilbo Baggins in Peter Jackson's Hobbit (which will be amazing). Now, the only character to interact directly with Smaug the dragon in the story is Bilbo as he sneaks into the dragon's lair. And the voice of Smaug will be... Benedict Cumberbatch.
I'm really annoyed that Sherlock is taking so long to produce another episode. And with Martin off to film the Hobbit, I don't know if we're ever going to get off that Moriarty cliffhanger..

Stephen Moffet is a bastard! :P

Phreak Commandment V:

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #11 on: <06-27-11/2019:27> »

I'm really annoyed that Sherlock is taking so long to produce another episode. And with Martin off to film the Hobbit, I don't know if we're ever going to get off that Moriarty cliffhanger..

In production

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <06-27-11/2108:20> »
In production
Last episode August 2010.

Next Episode sometime maybe later this year?

I'm Jonesin' here, dude!

Phreak Commandment V: