NEWS

Eclipse Phase

• 21 Replies

tbrminsanity

• Newb
  • Have fun, play games!
« Reply #15 on: <10-29-10/1357:53> »
Man I thought making a CBTRPG or Shadowrun had a complex character generation process! First make your character then mod it, then make your Morph Mod it, then buy gear! Oh my! Looks kinda fun though so far.

Yeah my first character I ever created took 2 weeks to create.  I use a character sheet (xls) from the Eclipse Phase website now.  It really speeds up the process.  That being said I never saw the point of really modding out your Morph (unless your RPGing in one setting most of the time).  It is better to have the most common Mods you use from place to place and have their stats handy when your sleeve into them. 
Some people call me crazy...  Maybe they are right.

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #16 on: <10-29-10/1510:04> »
That's good advice! ;)
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Lansdren

• Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <01-11-11/1028:41> »
Got a torrent, love the writting ordered hard copy.

Just need to convince my lot to try another system.

but seriously love the work thats gone into it

I want my MUSE
"Didnt anyone tell you as security school to geek the mage first?"  "I guess I will just have to educate you with a introduction to my boomstick"

Simagal

• Chummer
  • Credo Quia Absurdum
« Reply #18 on: <04-27-11/1853:48> »
Like the world. Played it a few times.
Andrew Grim

Cass100199

• Chummer
  • Truth hurts only if you're a dumba**.
« Reply #19 on: <05-13-11/1454:06> »
Would be cool if they could get Richard Morgan to write an alternate setting sourcebook based on the Kovacs novels. That's my favorite sci-fi series and they have everything you need to play in it.
You can't tell me what toys I can play with.

hazmat the monstar

• Chummer
  • www.hazmatthemonstar.com
« Reply #20 on: <05-22-11/1250:30> »
I'm playing Mass Effect right now, and it's the closest thing to Eclipse Phase in the console world. I really think they should make a video game based on Eclipse Phase.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #21 on: <05-22-11/1533:19> »
Mass Effect isn't even close to Eclipse Phase's droppings. It's basically a starwars-esque, and a poor fantasy-themed one even. Everything about the series screams 'I'm just a Baldur's Gate descendand iiiin spaaace!'
Sorry, but I just don't get the whole thing. It's a bad, bad attempt at s-f, totally human-centric, with one race to serve as fanservice, and others being basically just DnD racial archetypes.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."