NEWS

Why does PnP Gaming get a bad wrap?

• 145 Replies

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #135 on: <01-08-11/0534:11> »
Nice quote, Im gonna use that again someday.

Still, it does still irk me that video games have gained so much popularity and acceptance yet those of use who still sit around a table are still considered social outcasts or somehow defective by some standard of coolness. Talk about a fantasy sports league, and its OK, talk about fantasy in general, and OH NO! Suddenly you are some sort of freak when in reality, when it comes down to it, they are the same blasted thing.

Damn, there is that soapbox again.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #136 on: <01-08-11/0640:33> »
Well, i don't think 'kids' are even in the slightest worse when it comes to games these times. We were just like them, only the choice of games was a lot more limited.
Heh. I love to play with 'kids', even if their enthusiasm is a bit too much sometimes. They want to play, love it, and will do a lot more to get a game together than old geezers like my current players. And don't even get me started on the ideas they get sometimes. Absolutely brilliant.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #137 on: <01-08-11/0841:37> »
S.O.S.D.D.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #138 on: <01-09-11/0823:39> »
I like the Mage quote - "What's old is new again."
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #139 on: <01-09-11/1440:25> »
I like the Mage quote - "What's old is new again."
I'm... not sure if you're trying to be ironic there.

-k

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #140 on: <01-09-11/1710:31> »
No? Look one post up from mine. That's what i'm answering too. Not trying to be snarky, or anything. I just like the quote, and i feel it describes the problem quite well.

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #141 on: <01-10-11/0859:46> »
Well, i don't think 'kids' are even in the slightest worse when it comes to games these times. We were just like them, only the choice of games was a lot more limited.
Heh. I love to play with 'kids', even if their enthusiasm is a bit too much sometimes. They want to play, love it, and will do a lot more to get a game together than old geezers like my current players. And don't even get me started on the ideas they get sometimes. Absolutely brilliant.
I'll introduce you to my last gaming group.
They were so "lost" the group's thief loudly announced she was stealing the treasure and the party got sidetracked while being pissed at her for stealing! I kid you not the event went like this:

Theif: I'm taking the treasure.
Barbarian:WHAT? no way!
Cleric: You can't do that!
Barbarian: Hey guys did you see this new Prestige class?
Group: No. Is it powerful?
Barbarian: Yeah look at this...
Me: So this is what you just got, write it down...Daughter:Face palmplant. (this is where you smack your head with your hand then bang it into the table repeatedly...very dramatic)
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #142 on: <01-10-11/0914:35> »
Usda, if you all come to GenCon this year, I know I'll be able to spot Chaotic Insane by the permanently etched palmprint on her forehead. ;D

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #143 on: <01-10-11/0954:56> »
Well, you had a lot worse than i did then. But that's probably because i'm awfully picky when it comes to people i play with...

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #144 on: <01-10-11/1151:52> »
No? Look one post up from mine. That's what i'm answering too. Not trying to be snarky, or anything. I just like the quote, and i feel it describes the problem quite well.
Ah.

Y'know that quote is a LOT older than Mage, right?

Thus the thought it could be irony.

-k

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #145 on: <01-10-11/1302:12> »
Yes. I just remembered it used in Mage, and the reference seemed appropriate.