NEWS

Shadowrun Chronicles - Boston Lockdown RELEASED

• 29 Replies

Jamelfr

• Chummer
  • Nerps for beer. Nerps for president.
« Reply #15 on: <05-07-15/2200:06> »
Played almost 30 hours and not near the end at all (I am taking my time and doing a lot of coop missions to grind a little Karma). The Lag is almost non-existent right now and the developpers are communicating a lot with the players. In one of the thread, a developper talked about a DLC that will take place in Salem, so the game will be well supported and will grow up in the near future.

I am having fun, looking for some chummers to make a run if you wish. Is that okay to exchange characters name here so we can friend each other in the game? I am not familiar with the etiquette of MMO  :-[

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <05-08-15/0732:34> »
Don't see why not, but you might want to start a separate topic to get a little more visibility. Still waiting to get my system back up and running so that I can give this game a go :(

Jamelfr

• Chummer
  • Nerps for beer. Nerps for president.
« Reply #17 on: <05-08-15/2015:48> »
Good idea, I'll open another thread! And I hope you'll get your computer soon. On the bright side, when you will begin the game, you will have a ton of veteran runners wanting to help you in your beginners quest : karma farming is somewhat present.  ;D

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <05-09-15/1026:28> »
Mid-June can't come soon enough ;)

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #19 on: <05-29-15/1745:55> »
Looks like Cliffhanger is going through some rough times and could use some help.

http://www.shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/45284/hanging-in/

tl;dr: the sales of the game have been lower than expected, the dev studio cannot pay its creditors and has filled for bankruptcy. Fortunately the game is exploited by a sister company and doesn't risk being shut down for the time being, patches and new content are still on the way, but they'll have to let go part of the team and operate on a smaller scale.

If you haven't bought Shadowrun Chronicles yet, now's the time, preferably directly from the dev team.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #20 on: <06-30-15/1516:11> »
Strange silence til the last notice.  :'(

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <07-01-15/0730:03> »
New review from That Video Game Blog up and available for your perusal.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <07-01-15/0857:02> »
Strange silence til the last notice.  :'(

There have been a couple of patches, and some discussion about upcoming content.

A bit punch drunk maybe, but still swinging.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #23 on: <07-05-15/1155:58> »
Some news.

http://www.shadowrun.com/shadowrun-online/2015/07/01/cliffhanger-july-update/

Despite all their current difficulties, the team has an update in the works that should be online in a couple of weeks, and they still hope to deliver a meaty expansion by the end of October to continue the storyline.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <07-05-15/2118:59> »
I'm a little torn here...I really want to see the team get back in their feet...a profitable, successful company will do nothing but good for the game. However, I'm also a backer with physical rewards "pending"...items that I don't expect to see at this stage. While I'm really pleased to see CGL stepping up to support them in thus area, I am less than impressed over how they (Cliffhanger) have handled these aspects of the Kickstarter. Tis the challenge/risk of these ventures I guess...time will tell how it all sorts out.

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <07-05-15/2121:12> »
i'm just not 'getting' this game. I try. I built a character. I've played for over an hour and then I dump out and go back to SR: Returns. I'm sure its me but I'll just throw in the towel and wait for Hong Kong and anything else Harebrained comes out with.

I am a KS backer of Lockdown and just don't care anymore. I have my codes from all the Books I've bought from CGL but I keep wishing those code would work in SR:R instead.
« Last Edit: <07-05-15/2123:19> by The Tekwych »

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <07-07-15/0254:53> »
Well, it's much for of a multiplayer game... grab some friends and the confusion of simultaneous turns can be great!
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <07-07-15/2040:47> »
I liked it a lot and put 50 hours into it, which was enough to finish the main campaign but not enough to max out my PC. I found the multiplayer to be unexpectedly fun, which surprised me since I usually avoid multiplayer games. The community is very open and helpful and always willing to laugh it off it someone flubs an easy shot or accidentally grenades themselves. I think the cooperative nature of the missions helps lend the in-game interactions a positive tone, as opposed to the adversarial atmosphere you get with PvP.

I won't pretend the game is for everyone, but I really enjoyed it and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to Shadowrun fans.

Lighthouse

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <08-23-15/2303:39> »
I really enjoyed it. I found the strategy unique and the storyline engaging. I am playing Hong Kong and loving that but I want to see more of Boston and can't wait for them to ad new content.
"Fish gotta swim You know what I'm sayin." Omar

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <10-23-15/0746:38> »
From Tumblr, the INFECTED! add-on was released yesterday.