NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #30 on: <12-26-14/1855:44> »
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas or Happy what ever holidy you celebrate.  I have just uploaded a more completed qualities file.  It is only missing "Poor Self Control (Compulsive)"  which will be added this weekend.  Same link as always.

Some notes about the negative qualities.

Dimmer Bulb (154):  No workable way to do this.  Can only allow select text and manual adjustment using improvement tab.
In Debt (156):  Highly inelegant.  Really could use a way to select the rating and have the Karma cost and Nuyen adjusted from there.
Paraplegic (157):  Cannot adjust movement without recoding  Chummer.
Pie Iesu Domine. Dona Eis Requiem. (158): Cannot force CM to show 1 dmg.  That damage is 'conditional' anyhow.

Edit: Poor Self Control (Compulsive) added.

« Last Edit: <12-26-14/1928:19> by Iridios »
Signature file not found

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #31 on: <12-26-14/1952:22> »
I managed to solve most of the problems I was having. The only problem I haven't solved is how to make a list of weapons selectable for specific types of ammo (ie. light/medium/heavy machine guns for belt ammo). Any help solving this would greatly be appreciated!

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <12-26-14/2241:20> »
I haven't looked into that at all.  I'm focusing on Run Faster which has quite a lot of information.  Hopefully within a week I'll have something working (roughly) for the Metavariants.
Signature file not found

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #33 on: <12-26-14/2319:51> »
I'm actually doing the packs from run faster which is why I'm asking since I had to make custom ammo (100-round belt) since there's an ammo pack that has 10 100-round ammo belts. The only way I can solve it currently is to make copies for each type of weapon that would use the listed types of ammo which in this case would be for light/medium/heavy machine guns. I could just avoid the ammo kits/lifestyle kits for now and concentrate on the other stuff till myself or someone else can figure out.

8-bit

« Reply #34 on: <12-26-14/2332:39> »
I'm actually doing the packs from run faster which is why I'm asking since I had to make custom ammo (100-round belt) since there's an ammo pack that has 10 100-round ammo belts. The only way I can solve it currently is to make copies for each type of weapon that would use the listed types of ammo which in this case would be for light/medium/heavy machine guns. I could just avoid the ammo kits/lifestyle kits for now and concentrate on the other stuff till myself or someone else can figure out.

While I know nothing about coding, it should be noted that Chummer does have a modification for weapons to accept 100-round belts (as a modification to the weapon itself). You could just code it as 100 rounds with the name "10 100-Round Belts; only compatible with the 100-Round Belt modification" or something along those lines. Not sure how to hardcode it without making specific copies, as you have.

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #35 on: <12-26-14/2340:51> »
I could just make the ammo packs and leave it to where when it's added to someone's character the dialog box pops up and they select the correct type of weapon from the list just as it would be if you were to add ammo to a character outside of the pack.

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #36 on: <12-27-14/1020:36> »
Ammo is not sold in clips, magazines, or belts in Chummer.  I would just add the correct number of rounds to the PACK.  The weapons will have the appropriate format (i.e. Belts) when you choose to reload.
Signature file not found

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #37 on: <12-27-14/1250:42> »
Ammo is not sold in clips, magazines, or belts in Chummer.  I would just add the correct number of rounds to the PACK.  The weapons will have the appropriate format (i.e. Belts) when you choose to reload.

I added a custom ammo (ammo: 100-round belt) to chummer through custom data files since I had to make custom items for various other things (kimono, dufflebag, orange vest, ect.) that was included in the packs but wasn't listed in chummer originally. So far though the 100 round belt is only listed as regular ammo but I could make apds and other types of ammo variants as well. Also, ammo is considered cased as well, right?
« Last Edit: <12-27-14/1254:59> by Rebeldawg »

8-bit

« Reply #38 on: <12-27-14/1309:34> »

I added a custom ammo (ammo: 100-round belt) to chummer through custom data files since I had to make custom items for various other things (kimono, dufflebag, orange vest, ect.) that was included in the packs but wasn't listed in chummer originally. So far though the 100 round belt is only listed as regular ammo but I could make apds and other types of ammo variants as well. Also, ammo is considered cased as well, right?

Ammo comes in cased and caseless varieties, with caseless becoming more and more popular. They both have the same cost, and they aren't considered different rules-wise.

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #39 on: <12-27-14/1313:41> »
I was curious because in one of the packs it had ammo listed as cased so I made a custom listing (ammo: regular ammo (cased) since it wasn't listed in chummer. I probably could have just listed it as ammo: regular ammo though. Here is what I've done so far if anyone is interested:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwhNUS1jw2qjcFl2SlBXMGpySEU/view?usp=sharing

I made it to where when clips are added to guns, instead of having a bunch of  separate clips (for 2 or more) I made it to an option to add
Spare Clips (2) could be added instead. That can be done for up to 10 clips/speed loaders but if people prefer the old way I will remove
those entries. Feedback is always appreciated!
« Last Edit: <12-27-14/1339:34> by Rebeldawg »

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #40 on: <12-27-14/1818:54> »
Looking at the PACKS data file for the original Chummer, I see that they list the quantity of ammo not worrying if it's a belt or not.

For example:
         <gears>
            <gear>
               <name select="Light Machine Guns">Ammo: Explosive Rounds</name>
               <qty>270</qty>
            </gear>
            <gear>
               <name select="Medium Machine Guns">Ammo: Explosive Rounds</name>
               <qty>270</qty>
            </gear>
            <gear>
               <name select="Light Machine Guns">Ammo: Regular Ammo</name>
               <qty>825</qty>
            </gear>
            <gear>
               <name select="Medium Machine Guns">Ammo: Regular Ammo</name>
               <qty>825</qty>
            </gear>
         </gears>
      </pack>
Signature file not found

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #41 on: <12-27-14/2115:42> »
The amount of ammo isn't the problem because I have no problem doing it the way you've listed. The problem I'm having is trying to
avoid having multiple listings for each ammo pack. As an example I'll use ammo pack #1 from run faster. It consists of 1000 rounds of
ammo with a cost of 2000¥, so in order to keep the cost at 2000¥ I'd have to make about 12 copies of ammo pack #1 for each type of gun
that can use the type of ammo listed. I may skip the ammo packs and let people choose the ammo they want/need themselves.
« Last Edit: <12-27-14/2118:53> by Rebeldawg »

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #42 on: <12-27-14/2251:13> »
Ok.  I'm looking at the PACK now and see your problem.  I ran into similar problems with the qualities file.  There is no way that I know of to make Chummer ask for the weapon type.  I would just end up doing copy and paste.  Then change the weapon type.  It isn't pretty, but until we have someone who can change the way Chummer works it is what we have.
« Last Edit: <12-28-14/0003:33> by Iridios »
Signature file not found

k_night

• Chummer
« Reply #43 on: <12-28-14/0513:49> »
when i put the run faster files in my chummer i get the following when i try to open the add quality tab

************** Exception Text **************
System.Xml.XmlException: The 'bonus' start tag on line 1837 position 8 does not match the end tag of 'quality'. Line 1841, position 7.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
   at Chummer.XmlManager.Load(String strFileName)
   at Chummer.frmSelectQuality.frmSelectQuality_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #44 on: <12-28-14/0912:01> »
Problem fixed K_night.  I had missed a closing  "bonus" tag due to a copy/paste error.  Thanks.  Uploaded the corrected file.
Signature file not found