NEWS

Hard Targets Errata

• 74 Replies

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #15 on: <10-15-15/1508:58> »
Second electronic firing not being a mod slot.
Spellblades (while concept is awesome) needs some work for it to work right, such as AP for the indirect version, Acc for both versions (force, astral, physical (best)), etc.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #16 on: <10-15-15/2005:11> »
For spellblades Acc is decided by force I believe.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

HaikenEdge

• Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <10-17-15/2031:39> »
A) Biospike and Foot Blades have no listed accuracy. Is this the physical limit, or was that an oversight?
B) Biospike and Foot Blades aren't specified to which skill they use. Do they use Blades like Spurs, or Exotics?

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <10-17-15/2151:30> »
Do they use Blades like Spurs, or Exotics?

Both Hand Razors and Spurs use Unarmed Combat, and use the physical limit. I'm guessing these would be the same.

HaikenEdge

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <10-18-15/0009:21> »
Do they use Blades like Spurs, or Exotics?

Both Hand Razors and Spurs use Unarmed Combat, and use the physical limit. I'm guessing these would be the same.
Firstly, I was under the impression Spurs Blades, so my bad there. I remember reading in the Bad Enough Trog guide that Spurs used Blades; is that incorrect?

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <10-18-15/0041:37> »

Firstly, I was under the impression Spurs Blades, so my bad there. I remember reading in the Bad Enough Trog guide that Spurs used Blades; is that incorrect?

Cyber implants are a specialization of the Unarmed Combat skill; this includes hand razors, hand blades, spurs, and the shock hand. Given that, the bio versions should operate the same skill and limit.

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <10-19-15/0458:21> »
Cyber-Spurs were used as Blades in SR4, so maybe that's where the misunderstanding is coming from.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #22 on: <10-21-15/1327:10> »
For spellblades Acc is decided by force I believe.

Don't remember reading that, but could be easily misremembering.
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #23 on: <10-22-15/0009:37> »
Quote p.192 - Spellblades, last paragraph:

"The damage for the weapons created by this spell equals to the Force plus the net hits rolled on the me- lee weapon skill of the wielder’s choice. (In spite of the name, the Clubs or Blades skill works equally well). The Accuracy of the Spellblade is equal to the Force of the spell, and the Reach is 1."

Bold is mine.

Sorry I didn't post that earlier.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

HaikenEdge

• Chummer
« Reply #24 on: <10-22-15/1112:45> »
Given that Biospikes interact with Bone Density for increased damage, how does it interact (if at all) with Bone Lacings?

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #25 on: <10-23-15/2320:05> »

"The damage for the weapons created by this spell equals to the Force plus the net hits rolled on the me- lee weapon skill of the wielder’s choice. (In spite of the name, the Clubs or Blades skill works equally well). The Accuracy of the Spellblade is equal to the Force of the spell, and the Reach is 1."

Bold is mine.

Thanks!!
Still leaves out what the spell casting test is for.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <10-24-15/1309:45> »
Throwing Syringe is just simply labeled as (exotic)
And while this does trigger a bit of a pet peeve of mine with exotic weapons that shouldn't be, the main issue is it doesn't say what kind of exotic. The Exotic doesn't even appear where it should be, like the previous Shiawase Arms Simoom has it underneath the name.

In addition, the syringe has a RC of 6F and Avaliability of 40Y and cost of 1500Y

Flame Bracer also doesn't have (Exotic Ranged Weapon) under its name

Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #27 on: <10-25-15/0915:42> »
Throwing Syringe is just simply labeled as (exotic)
And while this does trigger a bit of a pet peeve of mine with exotic weapons that shouldn't be, the main issue is it doesn't say what kind of exotic. The Exotic doesn't even appear where it should be, like the previous Shiawase Arms Simoom has it underneath the name.

In addition, the syringe has a RC of 6F and Avaliability of 40Y and cost of 1500Y

Flame Bracer also doesn't have (Exotic Ranged Weapon) under its name

is this a question as to weather the Throwing Syringe is supposed to be an exotic weapon? or just "look at this C* F* of a blurb for a weapon, lets look at the whole thing" type of comment?

im in agreement tho that both the flame bracer and the throwing syringe should be exotic weapons tho (was going to say something about the Tiffani Shooting Bracer in Run-N-Gun being exotic, but theres nothing there that backs up that comment, but again i think it should be.)

Bold is mine.

Thanks!!
Still leaves out what the spell casting test is for.

i believe the consensus is that its for dispelling tests. but a clarification would be nice yes
« Last Edit: <10-25-15/0920:14> by Raven2049 »

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #28 on: <10-25-15/1104:32> »
Another easy use would be duration equal number of hits in combat turns.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <10-25-15/1228:39> »
is this a question as to weather the Throwing Syringe is supposed to be an exotic weapon? or just "look at this C* F* of a blurb for a weapon, lets look at the whole thing" type of comment?

im in agreement tho that both the flame bracer and the throwing syringe should be exotic weapons tho (was going to say something about the Tiffani Shooting Bracer in Run-N-Gun being exotic, but theres nothing there that backs up that comment, but again i think it should be.)

Little of column A, little from Column B.

If the weapon is suppose to be Exotic and isn't just a copy paste blunder like its statbox is, I'd think it should follow one of the other two exotic weapons formats in the page. Either the one that apperently was copy pasted for its stat box, (Which I believe is how it should be) or the flame bracer. The later of which says it uses exotic weapon prof right at the end. As is, the format changes for each weapon on that page.

I've also noticed the weapon also lacks range, which there is currently a total of four of them for thrown weapons. Knives, Shurikin, Standard Grenade, Aerodynamic grenade.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules