Shadowrun Play > Rules and such

[6e] Edge 6-7

<< < (2/3) > >>

Michael Chandra:
Math says the break-even point rule-of-thumb is 2.5: If your Edge Attribute times 2.5 exceeds your pool, Pre-Edge is better.

And yeah, Edge 6-7 are a bit of a trap imo. It's why I suggest an in-encounter cap of 9.

Smogg:
Hmm, I feel at the table, an edge of 6 or 7 still comes into full use. Sure, this character might not gain two edge when he takes his action, but usually he will gain one or two edge later in the combat round if attacked, provided he spent some on in his own action. Starting at 7 in practice just delay when in the first combat round you gain some edge.

Michael Chandra:
Yeah but then what's the point, if you could have gained and spent if you had 5? It only matters if you enter a fight without being able to get edge initially, that seems too rare a case to be useful to me.

Smogg:
Well steet sam goes into combat with 7 edge.
Round 1 (7 edge)
He spend 4 edge on anticipation or on adding edge to pool and exploding dice on his attack!
Gain two edge while defending against enemies.

Round 2 (5 edge)
Now entering round 2 with 5 edge. Which was the reccomended edge to start combat with.

If you only had 5 edge to begin with, you would enter round two with 3 edge in this scenario.

So the point is that having 7 edge is not a waste of edge and further you can enjoy more dice when adding edge to dice pool.

Michael Chandra:
That's assuming you get the edge defending, though. It means you suddenly MUST get attacked to generate all your edge. So I still believe it's not worth it in most cases, because usually you're just restricting yourself and missing out on edge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version