NEWS

(SR 5) Rigger 5

• 434 Replies

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #390 on: <03-25-16/1817:38> »
Seriously, this is the 2nd book in a row to hit the streets without any form of announcement about the date... someone needs a kick i the pants to get back to work.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #391 on: <03-25-16/1845:26> »
It does seems like simple enough PR, indeed. More generally, there is lack of update on the official website about releasing product. You can find stuff, generally on tumblr if you dig a bit, this should be fixed. It's not to much to ask (as customer) to be able to google "shadowrun", go to the official website, and get all the relevant information.

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #392 on: <03-27-16/1323:51> »
Seems that this has hit the streets (at least the online ones):

CoolStuffInc

Miniature Market

Cool,so that means it should be in my local store in about a month or so if I'm lucky.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #393 on: <03-27-16/1510:39> »
Cool,so that means it should be in my local store in about a month or so if I'm lucky.
Just did a quick search at Lion Rampant Imports (one of the main Canadian distributors)...appears that it (along with the LE version) is now available.

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #394 on: <03-27-16/1730:27> »
I could buy it in a shop in Berlin (Germany, Europe) last week - and this shop (while quite good) is not famous for being the most "on time" on their delivery, so honestly you should find it in Canada !

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #395 on: <03-28-16/0110:57> »
Just did a quick search at Lion Rampant Imports (one of the main Canadian distributors)...appears that it (along with the LE version) is now available.

eh with my luck it will still be a month before I get a copy.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #396 on: <03-28-16/1001:50> »
I walked into my FLGS I Ottawa on March 12 and they had the book on display.  I don't know how long they'd had it, but it has certainly been in some stores on this side of the border for a good while.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #397 on: <03-28-16/1354:10> »
It feels like all PR money and effort is used on Battletech or game-streaming
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #398 on: <03-29-16/1334:34> »
I walked into my FLGS I Ottawa on March 12 and they had the book on display.  I don't know how long they'd had it, but it has certainly been in some stores on this side of the border for a good while.

Talk to the owner of my FLGS and it looks like I might be getting a copy in on Friday but I still not holding my breath

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #399 on: <03-31-16/2329:34> »
 And my copy was in today. now to figure out what my rigger can afford and still make next months rent.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #400 on: <03-31-16/2344:43> »
And my copy was in today. now to figure out what my rigger can afford and still make next months rent.

A van with a pallet and portable stove in the back so you don't need to pay rent?  ;D
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #401 on: <04-01-16/0841:32> »

A van with a pallet and portable stove in the back so you don't need to pay rent?  ;D

Spoken like a true rigger!
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #402 on: <04-05-16/1340:02> »

So would buying a vehicle that has a built in lifestyle be the same as permanently buying that lifestyle?

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #403 on: <04-05-16/1420:31> »
I'd call it a street lifestyle which is free. Anything you want (breakfast, lunch, dinner, shower) has to be paid for.  The point of lifestyle is so that we don't have to count dollars spent on regular meals, and roleplay paying for electricity, water, sewer, etc.  Lifestyle isn't just rent, but also represents money you spend on clothes, food, rolls of duct tape at the store etc.

When you park it to go to sleep, you have to worry about security, cops writing citations for camping in a non designated area (people do this now and its called stealth camping). 
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #404 on: <04-05-16/2349:37> »
I believe the traveler lifestyle covers that
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?