NEWS

(SR 5) Rigger 5

• 434 Replies

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #195 on: <12-28-15/0832:46> »
On the significant risk of sounding like a troll?
What's with all the butthurt?
Now, as for something constructive, what book would such a rule actually go into?
SR5 CRB?
Rigger 5?
Data Trails? *Violent cough*

And can't we slave an RCC to a commlink with a sleaze dongle? (Yes, that poses it's own problems, I know)
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

Tinkerbell

• Newb
« Reply #196 on: <12-28-15/1123:15> »
When software is restricted to DR of the hardware:
What's about pilot software? Until now I thought the upgrade was just installing a new software. When you upgrade the pilot of a drone, will it need you to install a new processor, too?

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #197 on: <12-28-15/1135:54> »
Well, yes, Rigger 5 more or less says as much.
Though that might only be if you increase it by more than one.
Which also raises the question if you can instal it on multiple drones.
And also if that rating is then the new "base" when it comes to calculating things like agility.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #198 on: <12-28-15/1138:18> »
Wakshaani confirmed in another thread that each purchase of a pilot upgrade is specific to a single drone. No buying a [drone] Pilot X and applying to all drones in your stable.

The modified Pilot rating does become the new Agility attribute and maximum autosoft rating, for example.

Finn

• Newb
« Reply #199 on: <01-08-16/2225:20> »
The RCC can run Autosofts up to its ... gah. Gonna blank. Processor rating? I do this withouta  book handy, grf.

REGARDLESS, yes, there's a cap of its "processor" rating on Autosofts. That's a broad umbrella rule that you'll see refernced more in the future. (Much like a SKillwire 3 system makes a sad face at your Pistols 5 SKillsoft, so to does an RCC with a rating of 3 frown at your Maneuver 5 Autosoft.)

Unless something specificly calls it out otherwise, that umbrella rule is always in effect. (The RCC allows a drone to break that rule, so a rating 4 Autosoft run by your RCC *does* work for a Pilot 2 Drone, as teh RCC handles the execution of it.) ... software can never be rated higher than the computer running it.

Where is any of that published.

Different places. Chrome Flesh for SKillsofts, Rigger 5 for Autosofts.

The general umbrella rule isn't laid out in print, I don't think, but is a design consideration and, as a general guideline, you should hold it in place for other situations. Computer hardware acts as a cap on software.
[/quote]

If it is not in a book, it is not a rule dude.
Sorry, I replaced 1/4 of my brain with a VCR, I only speak Rigger now.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #200 on: <01-08-16/2354:30> »
Finn
Just in case you didn't know, Wakshaani is one of the writers of Rigger 5.0.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #201 on: <01-09-16/0004:13> »
Does Metahuman Adjustment (for gear or vehicles) mean anything in light of SR5's metahuman lifestyle costs?

I know there are penalties for using incorrectly adjusted items, but aren't the items you purchase adjusted to whatever you choose automatically?
« Last Edit: <01-09-16/0045:41> by Novocrane »

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #202 on: <01-09-16/0040:06> »
I'm just boggled that the Deckers aren't revolting, as this effectively means you have to have a Fairlight Paladin or Excalibur in order to run a rating 6 agent.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #203 on: <01-09-16/0123:35> »
Does Metahuman Adjustment (for gear or vehicles) mean anything in light of SR5's metahuman lifestyle costs?

I know there are penalties for using incorrectly adjusted items, but aren't the items you purchase adjusted to whatever you choose automatically?
Assuming you buy the thing, sure. Not everyone are quite that discerning ;)

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #204 on: <01-09-16/0158:28> »
I get that the Harley-Davidson Scorpion with Metahuman Adjustment (Troll) is going to be tough to ride for non-trolls, but take something like the Echo Motors Zip, which comes with Metahuman Adjustment as a standard feature.

What purpose does non-specific Metahuman Adjustment serve beyond being fluff to double down on saying you can get gear customised to metatype?

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #205 on: <01-10-16/2013:16> »
I think "Fluff" is a fine reason.

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #206 on: <01-11-16/0052:55> »
So how long until the physical copy comes out?  I'm thinking about getting the PDF but if the print copy will be out soon then I'll just wait

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #207 on: <01-11-16/0208:02> »
So how long until the physical copy comes out?  I'm thinking about getting the PDF but if the print copy will be out soon then I'll just wait

Don't hold your breath... still no word on a street date for the book before this yet.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Redman

• Newb
« Reply #208 on: <01-11-16/0653:26> »
Why no tanks Rigger 5.0? Whyyy?  :'(

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #209 on: <01-11-16/0659:38> »
Tanks are for MilSpecTech or it's 5th Edition equivalent.