NEWS

Into the Chaos - recruitment thread.

• 101 Replies

Bartleby

• Newb
« Reply #45 on: <08-20-15/1048:42> »
Well, then I'd guess Roxxy would live in the Barrens close to the district hall where Roxxy can occasionally wreak havoc on some databases every now and then when she feels she needs to inform the higher-ups the wonders that is 70s music.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #46 on: <08-20-15/1053:06> »
if you have a google account feel free to request access and even invent disco clubs or whatever you feel will make the game richer for Roxxy.

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #47 on: <08-20-15/1054:00> »
I'll be in the Redmond Town Center living in some cheap apartment.
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

Bartleby

• Newb
« Reply #48 on: <08-20-15/1101:36> »
Looks like the Town Center's the best place for my character as well. The discotheque would be located right outside of Campton nearby.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #49 on: <08-20-15/1155:13> »
Name: Justin "Serge" Feron
Meta-type: Human
Ethnicity: Half Caucasion / Half Cherokee
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 175 lbs.
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown

Sheet: Serge - Medic and Pistoleer

He lives and runs a small clinic in what used to be an old animal hospital near the edge to just outside Touristville to help take care of the Redmond residents (the "obscure/difficult to find" mainly applies to those who don't know Redmond areas very well).

He has something of a "deal with the devil" with a gang boss he's friendly with to keep his home/clinic and the general neighborhood around it 'safer' than the rest of Redmond--security at the cost of providing medical services for the gang.

His girlfriend is a pharmacy technician in Bellevue, and she helps make sure the clinic is stocked with decent medicines.
« Last Edit: <08-20-15/1156:55> by All4BigGuns »
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #50 on: <08-20-15/1204:54> »
Dammit Hero Lab you make Chummer look like ass in comparison
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #51 on: <08-20-15/1233:08> »
All4BigGuns, we should coordinate our selves to know each other, I am building a similar background.  There is no logical reason we wouldn't have crossed paths, maybe sent some business each other's way.  I will post the intro for my character in the other game I ran him in to give you an idea.

"There is a neighborhood in the Redmond Barrens that nobody talks about.  Actually there are a lot of places in the Barrens that no one talks about, but this part of the Barrens doesn't get talked about because the people that live there want to keep it secret.  The reason they keep it a secret is because the people that live there don't want the world to know that life in this little part of one of the worst hellholes on earth is not really all that bad, it is kind of an oasis in the brutality around it.  In fact the folks that live there call it the Oasis.  It is near enough to Touristville that you can still hear sirens most nights, but a little too deep into the district for the slummers and thrill seekers to risk making the attempt.  The Oasis is not really any better off than the area around it, there is crime and desperation, and rundown buildings, but the folks here care a little more and actually look out for each other when they can.  It is the kind of place that a married Mafia lieutenant can stow the dime piece he keeps on the side with his illegitimate kid if he likes her.  Where a Shadowrunner can have his brother's family move to after the brother takes a bullet for him.

One of the reasons that the Oasis exists is the Harris Clinic, a place where locals can do for real care.  One of the reasons that the thin, awkward looking young man walking out of the Clinic knows he can safely walk these streets without fear is that his name is Devon Harris, he is the son of Dr Maxwell Harris, the founder of the clinic.

Devon knows that after the 12 hour shift he just finished that he really should just go home and sleep, but he also knows that he is going to the 'other' clinic a few blocks away to check on the razorgirl's new mod and spend a few more hours going over rituals in his Lab.  He pops his last Caff-Tab and cracks a new pack, walking a little faster so that he might sleep in his real bed tonight."

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #52 on: <08-20-15/1240:21> »
Honestly, I got the idea for the location of the home/clinic after zooming in on the map and seeing a modern day animal hospital. Seeing as such a place in a large city like that will be pretty big, there'd probably be room for both to run a practice out of it and still have room to accommodate his home (and in the future, they could possibly share the costs of the lifestyle the home functions under as roommates--not yet as the lifestyle is currently paid up for a few months).

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #53 on: <08-20-15/1252:32> »
I've got no idea where Kynos' dive is - probably somewhere in the north of the barrens.

I'll go for the land grab run since I don't have any demolition skills (yet).
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #54 on: <08-20-15/1315:35> »
Im still working on mine right now
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #55 on: <08-20-15/1318:09> »
I've got no idea where Kynos' dive is - probably somewhere in the north of the barrens.

I'll go for the land grab run since I don't have any demolition skills (yet).

Find a gas main and shoot it. Instant bada-boom.  :P

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #56 on: <08-20-15/1320:54> »
Please wait for the IC for that. I made a very nice beginning and I don't want to spoiler it all before we start. (It may not happen like I imagine it anyhow).

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #57 on: <08-20-15/1325:41> »
Working on a Barrens Courier, Cat Mentor Adept.

Opening sequence with the Mouse adept could be amusing, and I would be enthused to begin with Mercy Merchant, if groups of 3 can work out.  Otherwise, I am good for whatever.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Bartleby

• Newb
« Reply #58 on: <08-20-15/1326:07> »
Speaking of IC, would I be able to spend time getting Sprites registered before the run begins? I was showing my sheet to a friend and he recommended me to not bother registering sprites on chargen since they only cost time.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #59 on: <08-20-15/1328:08> »
Speaking of IC, would I be able to spend time getting Sprites registered before the run begins? I was showing my sheet to a friend and he recommended me to not bother registering sprites on chargen since they only cost time.

Time and a LOT of dice luck to succeed in registering a good one.