NEWS

[SR5] Armor Issue

• 4 Replies

Hanzo

• Newb
« on: <06-06-20/1553:20> »
RAW says that you can get benefit from only one piece of Armor. All the others are only waste of time, money and efforts. Only "houserules" say that you can wear Form-fitting Body Armor -> Armor Clothing -> Armor Vest -> Armoк Jacket -> Lined Coat stuff them full with mods (of course with increased Capacity via YNT Softweave mod) to increase your elemental an other reistances. I buy that.

But is there any legitimate way to increase your resistance by means of mods when your Armor Jacket is already full of different mods? For example can I wear a Fashion Cloak Rating 6 with Nonconductivity mod to legitimately increase my Electricity protection?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <06-06-20/1645:16> »
What it says to be exact is this:

"If a character is wearing more than one piece of armor
at a time, the value of the highest armor piece applies
for determining Armor."

Also:

"This additional protection
is used along with the modified Armor values to determine
total Armor against an attack."

So if you have a Fashion Cloak (whatever that may be) + Nonconductivity 6, that has X+6 Armor vs Electricity Attacks. Meanwhile, the Armor Jacket has 12. Highest applies then.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

BeCareful

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <06-12-20/0015:34> »
Ooohh, so you can't just, say, have 4 Ratings each of Fire Resistance/Insulation/Nonconductivity on your Armoured Jacket, then slap Chemical Protection on your Fashion Cloak that you wear over the Jacket?
Or you can do that, but if you have Chemical Protection on both Jacket & Cloak, you only use the highest value instead of adding them both together?
I've always played it where my main armour protects from tasers and fireballs, with an acid-rain-resistant poncho over it.
"Welcome to Shadowrun, where the biggest obstacle is you!"

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #3 on: <06-12-20/0140:15> »
I mean, you could argue against it. You could say 'my highest armor piece is 12, my highest bonus is 6, ergo I have 18'. But I'd say there's enough there for a GM to go 'no, you have 12+0 vs 6+6, ergo you have 12'.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

BeCareful

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <06-12-20/1329:06> »
That makes sense. No matter which way the GM rules it when I'm a player, I'm still going to put the Nonconductivity in the armour and the camera/mic/micro-transciever/other gadgets in the helmet/ballistic mask, and not the other way around.
"Welcome to Shadowrun, where the biggest obstacle is you!"