NEWS

Panzerknacker Sidethread

• 204 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #105 on: <04-26-17/0718:03> »
Anna placed her instrument on one of the chairs and then looked at Krestov, saying"Well, it is better I eat something in before I start with the head slotters or it is going to be a very short session for me" she looked at Schmidt and said "Juice me up" , overall she was in a good mood, and the hair style was inspired by the real Eve.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #106 on: <04-26-17/0904:15> »
bnc was so diverted that she almost missed Gerhardt's nod.
Him? This ... It must be a misunderstanding. Can't be...
Mechanically, with slightly shaking hands, bnc loads glasses on the tablet, while she frantically searches the security system for the camera recordings.
There! I distinctly said "For the adventurous among you, I might make up with something hand-made" and then he nods. And smiles. He's serious. It must be a misunderstanding. Cheez, this can now be the most unprofessional mistake I'm ever going to make. bnc, don't y-"

She bites her lip, a gesture of nervosity all of the team have grown to know by now, as she walks back to the small table. At least make the most professional fool out of yourself.

She sets down the tableau, one hand almost intuitively touches something in the bag of her hoody. "Uhm, sure", she says with a shy and embarrassed smile, trying to cover the fact that she's behaving like a teenage girl. "What may it be. I guess something, well, stimulating. Something social as a starter..?"
You might just have ruined your career. Moron.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #107 on: <04-26-17/0944:15> »
Schmidt smiled again revealing quite a lot of wrinkles at the corners of his eyes: "No matter how advanced technology gets, nothing beats handmade cooking."
With a grin of his own Mike leaned towards his boss and whispered something into his ear while serving Anna a virgin screwdriver.
To Schmidt's credit he didn't let anything show on his face as he continued: "Though, I have no idea if that adage translates to stimulants as well. Oh well, seems like my nephritic screen will have some work to do.
Something mild please, it's been a while..."
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #108 on: <04-26-17/1038:55> »
"Heh"
bnc's short laugh sounded nervous, yet reliefed. He can be such a charmer. I just came away with offering my employer drugs. Jeez. Now only Anna can outdo me in regard of stupid offers...
"Sure, a man of your standing shouldn't let loose to much, eh? Uhm, let's see...
I myself recently re-explored Novacoke for myself, but for obvious reasons I'm not producing it myself. I basically, uhm, cook stuff from home. The Wienerschnitzel of partying, so to say.
Uh, look!"

Slowly getting a bit more confident, bnc produces some small plastic bags. In one of them is a yellow powder, the other contains golden crystalline chunks.
"I actually wouldn't recommend bananadust to you. Not only is that bitch quite addictive, but it has also, well, let's say, effects a man of your position might want to avoid when engaging with his employees.
"So I'd like to present you with my very personal favoré. Golden Mirror is a stimulant. It won't recalib your wires a lot, but it will definitely make you more active in a party. There aren't any bad sideeffects, if you don't start doing them on a regular basis..."
"Jeez..."
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #109 on: <04-26-17/1315:06> »
"I'll have a glass of the real orange fruit juice to start."

"I'll start on the liquor when it gets close to time to sing"
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #110 on: <04-26-17/1339:23> »
Anna looks at bnc and smiles "she is actually doing it... incredible."  she then thinks
"Well it is too early for stimulants... I mean I am not even mildly tired." . Lifting the glass she said to Slob "Cheers"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #111 on: <04-26-17/1715:32> »
Slobber clinks his glass of juice off of Anna's glass and then takes a light sip. "Why would I water this down with alcohol?"

"So Anna, when you spoke with Zola you talked about wanting to own a Vineyard and produce real wine with real grapes. What is your real ambition after this run, and have you considered starting up an orange grove instead?"
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #112 on: <04-26-17/1726:04> »
Schmidt nodded at the explanation: "Fascinating." He took a bit of the powder with his fingertip and rubbed it on his gums. "Reminds me of the time in the forces before we had sleep regulators and had to stay focused on extended missions."
Schmidt turned back to the juice press and prepared another batch: "So, what are your plans when this run is finished? Many people would call it quits and retire, or at least look for a less exciting job."
talk think matrix

Qwikfix

« Reply #113 on: <04-26-17/2153:18> »
Krestov seemed to relax quite well as everyone settled in, the troll doing his best not to be in the way.  Setting the brown bottle down with the other libations, he politely inquired for some juice as well as he listened in.

Interesting to see that the troll was the quietest one in the group, given his social training and all. But, he seemed content at the moment to be present, drinking in the conversations and the music.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #114 on: <04-26-17/2338:18> »
Slobber clinks his glass of juice off of Anna's glass and then takes a light sip. "Why would I water this down with alcohol?"

"So Anna, when you spoke with Zola you talked about wanting to own a Vineyard and produce real wine with real grapes. What is your real ambition after this run, and have you considered starting up an orange grove instead?"

Anna smiled and took another sip "I am beginning to consider it." she said and then allowed herself to be carried away with the thought "Will need to move to warmer climate like Callfree or perhaps Spain... I'll miss the city's nightlife though...  What about you? Any dreams?"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #115 on: <04-27-17/0146:07> »
It was a question that Josiah had only recently started to consider. It hadn't expected this kind of opportunity to be in front of him, and certainly not after he avenged the death of his parents.

"Buy a home for my adoptive family for starters. One in a safe neighborhood with a white security fence and room for Zelda to run around. Finally get back with the girl I left back there, if Kazuya doesn't kill me for it.

"Maybe spend my evenings and free time trying to dismantle Seattle chapters and byproducts of the Humanis Policlub. Maybe go into the barrens on holidays to bash and batter anti-meta gangers.

"So a quiet, peaceful, next 20 or so  years."
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #116 on: <04-27-17/0346:11> »
Anna said "Oddly, I cannot imagine my family in that kind of environment."
She thinks "Did Larry ever drive a car he owns?"

"Thing is bashing scums is just therapeutic - there will always be more,
and doing so just fuel their claims about savage meta running amok. "

"Being a mage, I just accepted that I can be blamed for any misfortune.
Without as much as a proof.  University just brought different prejudices,
it seems that hate is constant just the reasons change. "

She broke and then asked bluntly "Is the anti-meta activity really bothering you that much?"
« Last Edit: <04-27-17/0620:16> by gilga »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #117 on: <04-27-17/0523:18> »
"Uuuuh, careful with the powder, boss. This is the bananadust. Yellow powder. Bananadust. I mean, if you'd like, go for it, but you, uhm, might end up pretty much the way Anna is at her most natural." She grins, not sure whether Anna heard the remark or not, and how she'd feel about it.
After Gerhardt has chosen his stimulant of choice, bnc will join him and take the same amount and substance (only that she'll have built up a tolerance - which she's going to need the evening).

bnc then turns to Krestov. "Eight-six-eight-two. We've got a challenge running." She raises the bottle of vodka. It's not the finest brand, but nothing cheap either. "Let's begin with 4cl for starters?
Ah, and honey, you may pick a wager. No bet's a bet without something to bet on, is it?"
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #118 on: <04-27-17/0918:41> »
Slobbertooth's eyes flashed a furious anger, but took a deep breath. It's not like I told her, so I can't really hold it against he for not knowing"

"When I was 7 years old a hitmage reconfig'd both of my parents. My mother was shot in the head and the house burned down around her. My father was shot and then hung outside the building we stayed in. Along with a couple of signs pointing to it being a crime done by anti-meta gangers. It later turned out it was all for show, and that my parents were slightly more extraordinary than I realized. (Or'zet)but that never stopped the gangers I asked os so nicely about it from taking pride that someone took care of the uppity orcs family.

"They certainly never backed down from the fact that they harassed my adoptive family because an orc stayed with them. Believing I had already seen one family murdered by anti-meta gangers, I left.

"So I've got some drek taking credit for the lynching of my parents and actually driving me away from a safe home in the barrens. I think I have plenty of reasons for it to bother me."

Talking about it has clearly riled Slobbertooth, but he sees Zelda and remembers the spirit that helped guide him through this.

"Besides, it's how I found Wolf, and he would never accept me being a total layabout."
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #119 on: <04-27-17/0932:47> »
Schmidt nodded at Slobbertooth's story: "I heard about your encounter with the Norse mage. I have to say, I was most impressed when I learned that he and his girlfriend reappeared and got a Job with S-K Europe. Works primarily as a summoner and ritualist now.
What exactly did you do to him and why did you let them live?"

talk think matrix