1 => 1   = 1

Willpower
1 => 1 + 4 Attributes = 5

Logic
1 => 1  ***

intuition
1 => 1 + 3 Attributes = 4 ***

Charisma
1 => 1 + 2 from Elf + 6 Attributes = 9 (Exceptional Attribute Charisma Quality)

Edge
1 =>  1 + 4 from Elf => 5

Magic
3 => 3 + 3 from Elf => 6

-----Running Tally----

Attributes A 24
   -6Ch -4Will -3Bod - 3Rea -5 Agi -3 Intu == 0

Magic B (Full) => 3 Mag x 2 = 6  Spells =>
   <Combat>
   Toxic Wave AoE - Indirect
   Flame Strike LOS - Indirect

<Health>
   Cleansing Heal
   Increase Attribute
   Increase Reflexes

<Illusion>
   Physical Mask

Elf C 9
   - 2Ch - 4Edge -3 Magic == 0

Skills D (16)
   -6 Sorcery
   -5 Influence
   -5 Conjuring

Resources E (8k Nuyen)

-------Qualities-----------
<Negative Qualities>
   Stolen Gear (No Future 6e)
15 Karma to 150k to spend on Gear, Bioware, or Cyberware

Impaired (Strength level 4)
4 level x 8 Karma Per level = 32 Karma

Honorbound (Pirates Code)
10 Karma Bonus

57 Karma Bonus Total

<Positive Qualities>
   Focused Concnetration (3)
3 levels x 12 Karma = 36

Candle in the Darkness (No Future 6e)
5 Karma, Must Have Code of Honor Negative Quality, +2 to Loyalty of all contacts while not breaking code.

41 Karma Total Spent
-----------------------------
Net 16, 15 forced to be spent in Stolen Gear Nuyen, leaves 1 Karma to add to customizaiton karma of 50, making it 51

---------Spend Customization Karma-----------

5 karma => Specialization - Sorcery - Spellcasting (Sorcery 6 [Spellcasting])
5 karma => firearms 1
5 Karma => con 1
5 karma => Athletics 1
5 karma => Astral 1
5 karma => Close combat 1
15 karma => Perception 2
5 karma => Stealth 1

1 karma left over
------------------Buy Gear---------------------------
8k Nuyen from Resources
 -5k Middle Lifestyle, one month

3k Starting Nuyen

150k Nuyen from Stolen Gear
- Survival Knife 220
- Lined Coat 900
   - 4 Chemical Protection 1000
   - 3 Fire resistance 1000
- Transys Avalon 8000
 - Sim Module (Price is Missing in Book..., assume integrated into Commlink as default?)
 - Trodes 70
- Shopsofts
   - Talismonger 150
   - Weapons 150
- FakeSins
   - Rating x 4 10k
      - License x 4 Casting 800
   - Rating x 4 10k

Remaining Gear Nuyen so far 117,710
 Power Focus Rating 6
   - 6 * 18k = 108k
 Spell Formula Combat x 2
   -4k to determine spells later
 Spell Formula Detection x 2
   - Mind Probe 500
   - Detect Magic 500
 Spell Formula Illusion
   - Improved Invisibility 1000
 Lodge Material 6
 Reagants
   - 14 x 50 = 700

Remaining Gear Nuyen 10
----------------------------------------
Contacts
Charimsa (9) X 6 Points = 54 Points to allocate between Connection and Loyalty

Knowledge
  - 1 to Choose Later

Language
  -English (N)
----------------Dice Pools and Calculated Stats-----------------------
Astral 5
Sorcoery 12 (14 Spell Casting)
Influence 14
Con 10
Conjuring 11
Athletics 7
Firearms 7
Close Combat 7
Perception 5
Stealth 7

Initiative 8 +1D6

Attack Rating (Spells) 15

Defense Rating  7 (Bod + Lined Coat)

Composure (14)
Judge Intentions (9)
Memory (5)
Lift/Carry (9)
« Last Edit: <08-28-19/0820:56> by markelphoenix »

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <08-28-19/0821:10> »
Updated with Dice Pool info at bottom

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <08-28-19/1614:58> »
Personal take. I’d drop agility a bit and get both reaction and intuition up to 5. Not getting hit at all seems more important this edition imo. Similarly unless you are the teams Face I would swap influence for athletics and just spend karma to get influence to 1. 10 dice is pretty solid if you aren’t the main negotiator. And athletics is for dodging.

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <08-28-19/2015:12> »
Personal take. I’d drop agility a bit and get both reaction and intuition up to 5. Not getting hit at all seems more important this edition imo. Similarly unless you are the teams Face I would swap influence for athletics and just spend karma to get influence to 1. 10 dice is pretty solid if you aren’t the main negotiator. And athletics is for dodging.

I was thinking about that. I may make the tweaks. Was planning for him to fill the Face spot given that he has so high Charisma for a drain stat. That being said, agree that not being hit seems to be key this edition. Also, the intuition bump helps with Perception, and the Reaction would help with making sure I get my AoE spells off first. If my Increase Reflexes hits are high enough, getting 2 AoE dmg spell attacks could be a game changer for the opening attack.

Focused Concentrate 3 was going to be primarily used for +Wil +Charisma +IncreaseReflexes. Should get me +4 Wil +4 Charisma, so my drain pool should be 22. If I use that to buy hits, that is any spell that is 5 DV that I get to autosoak, if I choose. Increase Reflexes at 2 hits, puts it at 6 DV, which means can still be used under Focused Concentration, which means I would be able to take exactly 2 Major Actions, ergo two AoE spells.
« Last Edit: <08-28-19/2020:15> by markelphoenix »

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <08-29-19/1638:34> »
Man I was in 5e mode and the dice were per 2 net hits not one.

Though I may be mathing this wrong. Okay you have 1 major and 1 minor. I have 1 die of initiative. So I start with 1 major and 2 minors.

At 6 drain it’s +2 dice/minors normally but with 6 essence is that 3 now? And at 7 it would be either 3 or 4. And plus your initial 2. Damn 6 may get you to the max minor actions possible. Picking 7 as the drain limit for focussed concentration seems to stop nothing. What sustains spell were they worried about that was more than 7 drain?

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <08-29-19/1910:58> »
Man I was in 5e mode and the dice were per 2 net hits not one.

Though I may be mathing this wrong. Okay you have 1 major and 1 minor. I have 1 die of initiative. So I start with 1 major and 2 minors.

At 6 drain it’s +2 dice/minors normally but with 6 essence is that 3 now? And at 7 it would be either 3 or 4. And plus your initial 2. Damn 6 may get you to the max minor actions possible. Picking 7 as the drain limit for focussed concentration seems to stop nothing. What sustains spell were they worried about that was more than 7 drain?

Yeah, default 1 Major 1 Minor + 1D6 IniDie, which gives 1Major 2Minor. @ DV6, you can get 2 more IniDie, which means 2 more Minors, which means 2 Majors, which means two casts :-). If I want to eat a -2, I could use my 3rd Concentrated Focus for another +4 to another stat and just eat the -2 and take a net +2 dice for each of stats I am boosting.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <08-29-19/2018:24> »
I guess the question I have is do you have 4 minors or 5. Since the threshold is at 6 essence is -1 you get 1 free hit. Is that free hit a net hit and effects the drain calculation or is it something else?  If it is a net hit and effects the drain so a 6 you get 4 minors is suggest taking 7 drain. You always want at least one minor for a defensive action. If 6 drain gets you 5 minors because it’s a free hit not a net hit them stop at 6 because 5 is the cap anyways.

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <08-29-19/2125:40> »
I guess the question I have is do you have 4 minors or 5. Since the threshold is at 6 essence is -1 you get 1 free hit. Is that free hit a net hit and effects the drain calculation or is it something else?  If it is a net hit and effects the drain so a 6 you get 4 minors is suggest taking 7 drain. You always want at least one minor for a defensive action. If 6 drain gets you 5 minors because it’s a free hit not a net hit them stop at 6 because 5 is the cap anyways.

Ooof...this gets slippery. Very much a RAW vs RAI. If I were to use the Healing section, it technically says,
"....If the target is one-hundred-percent natural, the healer actually gets an automatic hit
added to what they roll." pg. 119....

I calls it an automatic hit and not a net hit, which is an interesting choice given that prior it explicitly mentions the threshold [Essence - 5]. I really wonder what the Errata team will decide on this. Mostly should be addressed due to ambiguity...but becomes kind of scary if you don't count that default of Essence giving you an automatic hit as part of the 'net hit' ramp up for DV....

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #8 on: <08-30-19/0233:40> »
Your threshold is-1, you roll 3 hits so you have 4 net hits. Then you decide how many you keep. No complicated shenanigans required.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <08-30-19/1507:22> »
Your threshold is-1, you roll 3 hits so you have 4 net hits. Then you decide how many you keep. No complicated shenanigans required.

That's how I read it too.  A hit is a hit is a hit.  Dice, Edge, or otherwise.  Then you apply spell effects and drain based on how many hits you want to keep.

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <08-30-19/1907:12> »
Cool, then you would still only ever hit 2 Major Actions if you wanted to sustain under Focused Concentration (level at which Increase Reflexes becomes 6DV).

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <08-30-19/1914:19> »
Seems like. Though I’d go for 7 drain for a spare minor after 2 majors. A run away from the grenade ace in the hole.

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <08-30-19/2007:16> »
Seems like. Though I’d go for 7 drain for a spare minor after 2 majors. A run away from the grenade ace in the hole.

In regards to grenades, was thinking a few spirits with Pyrochinesis on overwatch for grenades, to send the grenades back to sender.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #13 on: <08-31-19/0505:15> »
Physical Barrier also helps (yo Kin, cast this for me would ya). They'd have to destroy it before they can throw a grenade at you. If you use Direct LOS spells, I think the barrier won't be a bother.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <08-31-19/1210:09> »
Physical Barrier in 6th does not say it acts like a Mana Barrier so probably Magic permeable.  LOS could be an issue as 6th edition Barrier doesn't specify invisible or not.  Unless that was in the Hotfix?

Also no Dome option for Physical Barrier this time around it seems.  2 M x 2 M x 2 CM.  If Physical Barrier isn't transparent this time around that would be enough to block LOS in some cases.  Troll, not so much   ;D   Hallways, certainly would.