NEWS

New 10 Jackpointers

• 22 Replies

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« on: <03-14-16/1738:35> »
Hey has there been any scuttlebutt about a new 10 Jackpointers or Street Legends?  Would be nice to have something like that to see what the gang has been up too.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #1 on: <03-14-16/1742:48> »
Can't confirm or deny, but if such a product (s) appeal to you, let the powers that be know.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <03-14-16/2001:52> »
Street Legends is, sadly, one of the worst-selling books in the line. Not sure how well 10 JackPointers did, but I'd imagine it's in similar dire territory. As such, I would doubt another gets made but, hey, never know. I mean, *I* like 'em both (And own 'em!), but, I'm in the minority.

Are there any JackPointers who'd you'd like to see explored more in particular?

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #3 on: <03-14-16/2105:35> »
Kane please.  I know he already got some coverage, but more would be greatly appreciated. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #4 on: <03-14-16/2353:28> »
Street Legends is, sadly, one of the worst-selling books in the line. Not sure how well 10 JackPointers did, but I'd imagine it's in similar dire territory. As such, I would doubt another gets made but, hey, never know. I mean, *I* like 'em both (And own 'em!), but, I'm in the minority.

I really like the tidbits we get in the sourcebooks every now and then. I'd honestly like more of that. Like learning a bit more about Man-of-Many-Names in Street Grimoire and Butch in Chromeflesh.

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <03-14-16/2356:41> »

/[/size]dev[/color][/b][/color][/size]/[/color][/size]grrl, definitely! I've always liked her, even back when she was commonly referred to as derp/grrl, and I'd like to know more about here (especially since she seems to be dating Red now).[/color]

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #6 on: <03-15-16/0006:14> »
Dev/grrl and maybe an introduction to the new Jackpointers would be nice.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <03-15-16/0031:34> »
 Dev//grrl  for sure and maybe NetCat. I know Cat got stated out in a 4th ed book but a full write up would be nice.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <03-15-16/0032:03> »

I really like the tidbits we get in the sourcebooks every now and then. I'd honestly like more of that. Like learning a bit more about Man-of-Many-Names in Street Grimoire and Butch in Chromeflesh.

I have WAY too much fun writing Butch. :)

As for MoMN, there's a ton of littl enuggets hidden here, there, and everywhere, but I love that we don't know *too* much. Sadly, an idea I had a few books back didn't make it in. It went roughly like so:
> Alright. I just spent ten minutes scrubbing the entry chamber free of NERPS adds. Anybody know anything before I start cracking skulls?
> FastJack

> Sorry, that was me. New commlink. Can anyone do some tech support for me?
> Man-of-Many-Names

I liked the idea of him being GREAT COSMIC KNOWLEDGE but grumbling about new tech, because everybody needs a weakspot, and a shaman that sucks at tech is kind of a classic. :)

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <03-15-16/0223:04> »

I have WAY too much fun writing Butch. :)

As for MoMN, there's a ton of littl enuggets hidden here, there, and everywhere, but I love that we don't know *too* much. Sadly, an idea I had a few books back didn't make it in. It went roughly like so:
> Alright. I just spent ten minutes scrubbing the entry chamber free of NERPS adds. Anybody know anything before I start cracking skulls?
> FastJack

> Sorry, that was me. New commlink. Can anyone do some tech support for me?
> Man-of-Many-Names

I liked the idea of him being GREAT COSMIC KNOWLEDGE but grumbling about new tech, because everybody needs a weakspot, and a shaman that sucks at tech is kind of a classic. :)

Love it! I agree on MoMN; I'd like to see his stats, but his appeal comes from not knowing. Kind of like Sphinx from the movie Mystery Men, "He's terribly mysterious, actually."

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <03-15-16/0231:06> »
It was more fun because for, like, four, five books in a row, he'd only had a handful of lines and they were all, "When the wolf howls at dawn, it means the moon cannot cry" stuff. They all Meant Things, but were big high muckety-muck stuff. And once, just *once*, I wanted him to b human for a sec. Teh other writers beat me to it. *shakes fist* I'll have my revenge one day!

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #11 on: <03-15-16/0956:31> »
Only if you and I get together on that book you started ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <03-15-16/1057:55> »
You know I dig working with you, chummer. Drop me a line later, we'll chat. :)

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #13 on: <03-15-16/1520:44> »
Can't confirm or deny, but if such a product (s) appeal to you, let the powers that be know.

Who do I need to start begging too?  No really who do I need to bother till they do it just so they can shut me up?  ;D

I would not mind a pic and a bio like in 10 Jackpointers.  That PDF and Street Legends has helped me as a GM figure out how the world works.

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <03-16-16/2210:24> »
Personally, I think Jackpointers and Street Legends don't need their own PDF. When the book for Hog Kong comes out forexample, they shuld have a few pages dedicated to 1-2 Jackpointers and 1-2 Street Legends that make Hong Kong their home or at least their main base of operations. So if you add a few to each location sourcebook, you won't need a PDF that doesn't sell.