NEWS

New 10 Jackpointers

• 22 Replies

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #15 on: <03-17-16/1120:35> »
Personally, I think Jackpointers and Street Legends don't need their own PDF. When the book for Hog Kong comes out forexample, they shuld have a few pages dedicated to 1-2 Jackpointers and 1-2 Street Legends that make Hong Kong their home or at least their main base of operations. So if you add a few to each location sourcebook, you won't need a PDF that doesn't sell.

Actually that is a really good idea.

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <03-17-16/1835:50> »
Personally, I think Jackpointers and Street Legends don't need their own PDF. When the book for Hog Kong comes out forexample, they shuld have a few pages dedicated to 1-2 Jackpointers and 1-2 Street Legends that make Hong Kong their home or at least their main base of operations. So if you add a few to each location sourcebook, you won't need a PDF that doesn't sell.

Actually that is a really good idea.

Thanks.
Once a year or so, something useful comes out of my brain.

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #17 on: <03-17-16/2252:09> »
I just realized what'd be great place to explore the past of Jackpointers. The novels!

I've read through Frost and Fire, I started Dark Resonance, and am working through Borrowed Time now.

So two of these are about Jackpointers. Frost and Fire follows Elijah around and Borrowed Time followed Winterhawk. And you know what's annoying, they don't go into these Street Legends' past at all. It's implied. But I learn way more about them from Street Legends, then I did from those novels. And that's kind of a shortcoming of the novels. It's great for capturing some of their personality, like Elijah being a complete jerk when he's focused on uncovering some ancient arcane thing, or Winterhawk being kind of full of himself. But what these guys did before the books? I got no idea.

Can the novels be like mini narrative heavy source books on Jackpointers? That'd be pretty cool in my humble opinion.

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #18 on: <03-17-16/2301:26> »
^^ LOVE this idea here. 
A whole PDF of Notables will totally appeal to some, but for others its useless.
But slipping a couple pages into each major source book.  That there has some real appeal.

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <03-18-16/0049:17> »
^^ LOVE this idea here. 
A whole PDF of Notables will totally appeal to some, but for others its useless.
But slipping a couple pages into each major source book.  That there has some real appeal.

Yeah, I have to agree: It's a great idea!

Sipowitz

• Omae
  • Smile for the camera
« Reply #20 on: <03-18-16/1111:19> »
Thanks.
Once a year or so, something useful comes out of my brain.
Don't know if I would go that far.....
« Last Edit: <03-18-16/1113:00> by Sipowitz »

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <03-19-16/1631:56> »
^^ LOVE this idea here. 

Agreed. At least it sounds like a great idea and worth trying for a couple releases and see what the feedback is like. Like a Dawkins Group (that's the one, right?) profile of a couple "legends" working in the area/theme of that book, with accompaning Jackpoint feedback and a statblock in the rules section.
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #22 on: <03-22-16/2025:23> »
^^ LOVE this idea here. 

Same. Really like several of the JackPointers. Kane being one, DangerSensei being another. But, I can see why they don't sell as a whole book about other players/writers characters.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.