NEWS

Boston - Damon and Aztechnology

• 11 Replies

belaran

• Omae
« on: <04-04-17/1539:55> »
Hi all,

In the Shadowrun Chronicles video game storyline, at some point, you run into Damon killing off some exec of Aztechnology (helped by Aztechnology) apparently to cover up the Vulcan project. Does it make sense (somehow) with the available Lore on Damon ? Why would the dragon aligned with Aztechnology on this ? Any idea / theories ?

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <04-04-17/1543:06> »
The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Sometimes getting to the guy you want to geek requires adopting some rather strange, and seemingly contradictory bedfellows.
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <04-04-17/1557:08> »
Granted, but I'm actually looking for some theories or point of the lore that might help him build the "why" behind it for my game ;)

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <04-04-17/1607:09> »
I honestly have no idea, but Damon has always struck me as the "I do what I want" type, both figuratively and literally.

Harlequin likes him so...make of that what you will.
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <04-04-17/1623:56> »
Oh, I will... Just wanted to check I did not miss a sound explication, somewhere from the lore...

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #5 on: <04-04-17/1645:29> »
Hi all,

In the Shadowrun Chronicles video game storyline, at some point, you run into Damon killing off some exec of Aztechnology (helped by Aztechnology) apparently to cover up the Vulcan project. Does it make sense (somehow) with the available Lore on Damon ? Why would the dragon aligned with Aztechnology on this ? Any idea / theories ?

Aztechnology, EVO and NeoNET were allies on Project Vulcan. Then Aztechnology double-crossed Celedyr and used data gathered from Project Vulcan and the study of Eliohann's body to help develop their anti-dragon weapons.
Damon has grown close ties to Celedyr according to his chapter in the Lockdown sourcebook, so it's likely he was also helping with Project Vulcan in some capacity. Maybe he was even the one dealing with Aztechnology in Celedyr's stead (that's only my theory though).
In any case, I'm guessing when he discovered how Aztechnology not only double-crossed NeoNET, but dragonkind as a whole, he took it quite personally...
In I trust my own summary of the game, in this mission Aztechnology is cleaning its own ranks, but Damon is not really working with them, he just uses it as an opportunity to deliver a message.
« Last Edit: <04-04-17/1648:20> by Marzhin »
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <04-04-17/1650:21> »
How do you construe that Aztechnology played NeoNET ? My understanding of the settings was more that Ex-Pacis infiltrated the project, and (maybe) causing it to run amok or simply to free / rebuild Deus into Eliohann ? I never saw that Aztechnology got something out of the Lockdown mess itself. (Obvisouly, they may got a way to fight off their own dragon, by the result of the Vulcan research...)

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <04-04-17/1705:16> »
Aztechnology of course managed to not be blame for CFD as much as NeoNET and Evo - but in my game (like in Chronicles) mostly because they acted upon a "burnt land" policy, and destroy most, if not all, trace of their involvement...

Marzhin

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <04-04-17/1739:34> »
How do you construe that Aztechnology played NeoNET ? My understanding of the settings was more that Ex-Pacis infiltrated the project, and (maybe) causing it to run amok or simply to free / rebuild Deus into Eliohann ? I never saw that Aztechnology got something out of the Lockdown mess itself. (Obvisouly, they may got a way to fight off their own dragon, by the result of the Vulcan research...)

IIRC it's mentioned in one of the "data" texts you can find hidden during the game. Unfortunately while I made screenshots of some of these texts I didn't do it for this one.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <04-05-17/0903:31> »
Aztechnology, EVO and NeoNET were allies on Project Vulcan. Then Aztechnology double-crossed Celedyr and used data gathered from Project Vulcan and the study of Eliohann's body to help develop their anti-dragon weapons.
Wait a minute, do you mean to tell me that Aztechnology's anti-dragon weaponry wasn't just a shitload of anti-tank and surface to air missiles?
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

Marzhin

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <04-05-17/1224:34> »
Wait a minute, do you mean to tell me that Aztechnology's anti-dragon weaponry wasn't just a shitload of anti-tank and surface to air missiles?

No, they also used a chemical weapon called Blue-227. And apparently they created it, in part at least, by using research from Project Vulcan.
(Groucho Marx)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #11 on: <04-06-17/1740:09> »

No, they also used a chemical weapon called Blue-227. And apparently they created it, in part at least, by using research from Project Vulcan.
Even better, Blue-227 is a MAGICALLY ENHANCED chemical weapon! Because, you know, that NEVER ends badly.

Except when the great big cloud of the stuff they used on Sirrurg got caught on the wind and blew down to Bogota, turning everyone into psychotic berserkers.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters