NEWS

(SD5) Help create Star-lord from Guardins of Galaxy

• 20 Replies

darkuscha

« on: <08-05-14/1241:00> »
I want creat Starlord and i dont have ideas how i can make this.
Can anyone here help me and give me charactersheet for this charcter.
1 thing i now - i need take A priority for resourses(450.000) to buy galaxyship (he have very nise fast galaxyship and in game stuff like this cost near 400.000 Gm say to em he give me this thing for 400.000)
I want only 1 thing added. I want give Starlord martial arts skill and make him like Jackie Shan in Armour of God. Tricky charismatick character, what can fight in unarmed combat.
i dont know what qualities i can take and how i must spend skill points.
help me pliz.
We have game in this saturday and i need character pliz help me people.

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #1 on: <08-05-14/1550:58> »
Are you saying you want a space ship ?  Because that isn't in the realm of Shadowruns.

That said, it had some space in it & it was fairly quick.

Maybe a GMC Bulldog, Ares Roadmaster, or that Luxury Van, I forget the name.

As for Martial Arts.  I'd say basic Unarmed Combat would cover it with a focus on Blocking.  Or if there is a particularly evasive MA from R&G.

I'd dump quite a bit of money/essence into making him very dodgy.  Reaction Enhancers, Wired Reflexes, Synaptic Boosters,  or make him an Adept since he's only 1/2 human.  But that will cut your cash down I'm sure.

darkuscha

« Reply #2 on: <08-05-14/1626:49> »
Are you saying you want a space ship ?  Because that isn't in the realm of Shadowruns.

That said, it had some space in it & it was fairly quick.

Maybe a GMC Bulldog, Ares Roadmaster, or that Luxury Van, I forget the name.

As for Martial Arts.  I'd say basic Unarmed Combat would cover it with a focus on Blocking.  Or if there is a particularly evasive MA from R&G.

I'd dump quite a bit of money/essence into making him very dodgy.  Reaction Enhancers, Wired Reflexes, Synaptic Boosters,  or make him an Adept since he's only 1/2 human.  But that will cut your cash down I'm sure.
ok  like plan - this is ok. Gm say ok i think ok.

can you give me some build in sd5
for charismatick unarmed combatant thief in shadowrun reality. I try to generate something and this make no result.
i am very newbie in this sistem and all that i make have no effective.
I think any else can do better.

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <08-05-14/1639:14> »
Ok
So You want to mak something Charismatick
and Your GM Says its OK, You can have 400.000 GoldMints to have a Galaxy Class Starship
i need take A priority for resourses(450.000) to buy galaxyship

. I want give Starlord martial arts skill and make him like Jackie Shan in Armour of God.
Hmmm, But Jackie Shan has no Galaxyship he's got a Hot Air Balloon (and some Dynamite )
ok  like plan - this is ok. Gm say ok i think ok
I think ok too but yousse better talka to GM, mistah

I try to generate something and this make no result.
No Wonder if you need to spend 400.000 GM for Your Galaxy Ship
Tricky charismatick character, what can fight in unarmed combat.
Aska GE-Em if you can play Dralasite. Dralasite have many Tentacles ,can Fight Unarmed ,can give Hugs too
And can be Charismatick tu

@Tarislar
Remember what General Akbar said in Episode VI ? ;)

With a Dance at the Star Frontier
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <08-05-14/2312:05> »
@Tarislar
Or maybe this person cannot speak English. You know, it is still possible nowadays.
I have no idea what the Star-Lord is though.
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #5 on: <08-05-14/2343:59> »

Don't worry about it ZB, Star-Lord is character from a Comic book called Guardians of the Galaxy (I'll skip the characters full history for the sake of clarity and brevity), it was update a couple years ago, in large scale project to revamp the "Galactic" side of Marvel's comic properties, and sense the success of the Avengers movie series, it was re-updated and was released as a movie over the in the Ol'US of A. It probably going to be the biggest blockbuster of the summer. I'm sure this won't be the last geeking out about this you see on here.

« Last Edit: <08-05-14/2346:29> by Marcus »
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <08-06-14/0116:03> »
@Tarislar
Or maybe this person cannot speak English. You know, it is still possible nowadays.
No, it's not the lack of Vocabulary (Hey, English ain't my mother's tongue either ;) )
Its  - the way some mistakes are included (Charismatick f.E. ....or Jackie Shan (Hey ,Shan....You could go to the most backwoods Village in the World and they know Jackie !! ;) :)  especially after he writtes the Movie Armour of God correctly !!!)
- His nick appears female so we should react a little more favorable  ;)
- he wants a Starship
- currency is GM ( Goldmünzen in German Goldpieces  ::) )
- sd5

-
ok  like plan - this is ok. Gm say ok i think ok.
aw comeon , he can't really be seriously thinking anyone would fall for this  ???

Guardians of the Galaxy
I AM anxious about it ;) :D

witha na Anxious Dance
Medicineman
« Last Edit: <08-06-14/0117:59> by Medicineman »

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <08-06-14/0226:28> »
No, it's not the lack of Vocabulary (Hey, English ain't my mother's tongue either ;) )
Its  - the way some mistakes are included (Charismatick f.E. ....or Jackie Shan (Hey ,Shan....You could go to the most backwoods Village in the World and they know Jackie !! ;) :)  especially after he writtes the Movie Armour of God correctly !!!)
- he wants a Starship
- sd5
It is possible that his language's grammar and syntaxis are very different from Romanic and Germanic languages.
'Darkuscha' probably is 'Даркуша', which is gender neutral.
A Starship and all that other stuff indicate poor knowledge of the system and world's lore, not bad intentions.
I give him a benefit of a doubt; if someone can build that character then please provide some help. Starship can be a goal to achieve, not something he has right out of the bat.

Cheers.
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

darkuscha

« Reply #8 on: <08-06-14/0419:56> »
- he wants a Starship
- sd5
It is possible that his language's grammar and syntaxis are very different from Romanic and Germanic languages.
'Darkuscha' probably is 'Даркуша', which is gender neutral.
A Starship and all that other stuff indicate poor knowledge of the system and world's lore, not bad intentions.
I give him a benefit of a doubt; if someone can build that character then please provide some help. Starship can be a goal to achieve, not something he has right out of the bat.

Cheers.
thank you for defending me.
Yes i have some mistakes because i don't learn english in my live. Sorry guys.
I am male - darkuscha is not female name.

What is problem with Starship? Master say to me - you can spend 400.000 i give you this.
I have 450.000 when make money A priority?

I now Chan not Shan this is mistake guys.

Ok mb i say not very good about my idea.
I lake Starlord from movie and i like Chan form movie AoG
I want make 80% Star Lord and 20% Chan.
From Chan i want take martial arts and "famous galaxy thief, what takes artefacts and sold them on auction, from Starlord his charisma skills, many gadgets, ship, skill to charm girls.
i play this sistem first time and don't now. How i can make not very bad character with this skills. When i try make something i make very bad character, what can nothing.
And i ask here - pliz help me make character.

Sorry for my english

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <08-06-14/0447:42> »
What is problem with Starship? Master say to me - you can spend 400.000 i give you this.
Sixth world is not THAT advanced. Space travels are not common. You cannot just buy a spaceship because nobody makes or sales spacecrafts for non-commercial use. Custom-made ship would probably cost ¥400 millions, not ¥400 thousands. You can steal a prototype spaceship probably, but you will be hunted by ship's owner (and it is a megacorp for sure).
Charismatic thief with gadgets and martial arts is doable. That is called an 'Infiltrator', try to search this word.

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <08-06-14/0504:00> »
Sorry for my english
Your English is not the Problem.
I'm not a native Speaker myself.
It started when You asked for a Starship.
There. are . no . Starships. in .Shadowrun. Period !
( @ ZeldaBravo :
I guess Darkuscha is not talking about Space Shuttles or Near Orbit Ships. He's talking FTL Ships
or at least Serenity Class Ships ! )
( Its like if Your GM tells You: hey lets play Star Treck and You say : Great, I want a Castle with a view at the Northern Coast)

Than Your Master is making a Fool out of You

and i like Chan form movie AoG
me too ! (but not only from armor of Gods)

from Starlord his charisma skills, many gadgets, ship,
Again:
 There are no (NO !!!) Starships in Shadowrun. If You want to play the Captain of a Starship (with or without Martiial Arts) You should play Firefly, Traveller,Warhammer 40K,GURPS,Aliens or another Sci-Fi-RPG ! not Shadowrun
(Your Question makes as much sense as if you would have asked what it is about the Submarine in Armour of God)
so either your GM is making Fun at Your expense or You want to play a totally different Game (Or ,as was my first impression, You're making Fun of us/this Forum , I don't know, but I'm still suspicious)

Hough!
Medicineman
« Last Edit: <08-06-14/0513:08> by Medicineman »

darkuscha

« Reply #11 on: <08-06-14/0551:19> »
oh i dont now this word in english.
i take not galaxyship i take anything like this http://lyc.su/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/yahta-princess-54-71.jpg what can fly. like personal plane. Sorry for this and this is not problem. I dont ask how i can get this or any thing else. I ask about build for character.

And i dont trolling anyone here.
can anyone help with build not speaking about ship. Or what?
I now only 1 thing i need metatype human and i dont now how make this human strong character. And i ask help make strong human character. Thank you.

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <08-06-14/0632:52> »
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=17552
Check this thread out.
You can use any of builds there, they all are usefull. About your space yacht: steal it. It would be a good adventure for your group. Talk with your GM about it.

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #13 on: <08-06-14/1355:31> »
Hmm.

I'm torn how to start the character out....

Would you all describe Starlord,  who is, IMHO, similar to Han Solo, as a Rigger or a Samurai or a Face or an Adept ?

PS.  To answer this it helps if you saw Guardians of the Galaxy last weekend, or at least read the comic.

Killstring

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <08-06-14/1719:04> »
So, I haven't seen the film version - and wasn't super excited by the trailers - but I've followed the character in comics for a while now. I'd make that type of character an Adept, but if you wanted to make the character without anything magical, here would be my suggestions.

Firstly, Resources A are pretty much sunk into the ship, which I'm assuming includes lifestyle, and some other similar things. Meaningful Cyberware's out of your price range. So with that in mind, I'd probably go Attributes B, Skills C, Meta D (Human), and Magic E.

Qualities: Will to Live 3 (+9), Bad Luck (-12), Distinctive Style (-5).

Attributes: B: 3, A:5, R:3, S: 2, W:3, L:2, I:4, C:6, E: 5.

Skills: Con 6 (Fast Talking), Etiquette 2, Gymnastics 1, Impersonation 2, Leadership 2, Locksmith 1, Negotiation 2, Pistols 6 (Revolver), Stealth Group 2, Unarmed Combat 6 (Blocking). (8 karma was used in this section)

Pick up a Ruger Super Warhawk and an Armored Jacket.

Okay! Now you have a character who rolls 14 dice for fast-talking, 15 dice to fire your gigantic pistol, 11 dice for kung fu, and a reasonable spread of skills. Also, 25 Karma left to spend, which could net you some Breaking & Entering skills.

Anyway, that's the kind of direction I'd go. Smooth-talking rogues are one of my favorite archetypes, and GoG is probably my favorite comics property. Enjoy the game!