NEWS

Paper Blossoms

• 81 Replies

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« on: <04-10-17/2135:23> »
The game had had some of the most interesting puzzles Snap had seen. She was checking it out for Chesh. Chesh's daughter Daisy had heard about the game, and since it was still in Beta, Chesh didn't trust the online reviews. "Games these days aren't like when I was a kid, way to adult. Still, I had so much fun . . . . . I don't want to deny Daisy that. 'Lil, could you check this out and see if you think it's a good game for her?" Of course 'Lil had said yes, a new game and someone else footing the bill, she'd have said yes even if she hadn't owed Chesh for putting a roof over her. And this game was good. 'Lil had been busy with so many traps and puzzles and combats when she hadn't figured them out, and she'd gotten to choose the direction of her play at every step in the game. BLACKOUT.  Uggghhh, not again! Fun and buggy still. More like alpha than beta. Sheesh! This was the third or fourth blackout since she'd started. They hadn't lasted more than a millisecond, but it was annoying. Oh wait! What was that! A white rabbit?!?!? If it was she would have to tell Chesh. It would be just to funny.
« Last Edit: <04-12-17/1743:33> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Showgun117

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <04-10-17/2229:05> »
Penguin had gotten the game by creating a few thousand fake com numbers and submitting a request to the closed beta with each one; she just HAD to get it. As soon as request number three thousand, two hundred, and twenty-three was approved, she rushed to the main chat lobby to look for someone to interview. She posts Anyone have any interest in an interview asking about their experience with the game so far? :D would love to talk. Penguin :D Meanwhile she would dive into the game and try to hunt down the core story of the game, cataloging any lore she saw.
« Last Edit: <04-10-17/2231:04> by Showgun117 »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <04-10-17/2305:29> »
Penguin had been mostly ignored. A couple of trolls had poked fun of her for being a fangirl newb, another guy had promised to talk to her tomorrow as he had homework tonight, and then SmackDabGab had come in talking about the alpha and how she'd really hated seeing the dev's throw out some of the games best features for the sake of newbs and in seconds any chance Penguin had had of getting interviews was gone. SmackDabGab was an expert at monopolizing a chat room without ever giving out any actual information and if Penguin was going to get out a great blog before any others she needed facts.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #3 on: <04-10-17/2307:28> »
'Lil wondered who thought this was what it was like to be a Technomancer.  The code puzzles were extremely amusing, but it was obvious they were meant for those who had no idea how to code, naturally or through a deck.  Probably for the best, it's what makes it a game, rather than just... my reality...  She continued on through the buildings.  The designers had taken great pains to craft the world in the image of modern cities-- or so they said.  She hadn't spent much time out of the Barrens, so for all she knew, this rendering of Seattle was far off the mark.

Probably not.

As she followed the rabbit through one of the side streets, she saw a glitch.  The game was full of them.  They were the oddest things.  Instead of a quick stutter or an odd happenstance that was quickly corrected, these were pools of... darkness.  They felt wrong to her.  She mostly steered clear.  maybe it would be fixed, eventually.  Maybe.

She quickly jotted a point on the forums.

//Main Forum//> Anybody else finding these tarpits?  Anyone know what they are?
« Last Edit: <04-11-17/2045:08> by Jayde Moon »
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Showgun117

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <04-11-17/1950:42> »
Penguin had stopped chasing the puzzles to stop and experience the the high quality reality filter and simsence that the game offered. She turned on hot sim just for a few cycles just to see what it was like but found it kind of disappointing. She was not used to a smelly cold city, she was used to soft breezes that smelled like flowers, and she didn't ever remember the real world being this wet and sticky.

Seeing Lil's post she jumps up and to check the matrix for any word on these glitches.

[spoiler]
computer for a matrix search: dice 12, 6 hits, limit 9
and checking matrix data havens: dice 11, 6 hits, limit 9
[/spoiler]

She sends a PM to Lil' Are you willing to talk about your experience with the game?

She would then start looking around for some of these glitches.

[spoiler]
Matrix Perception test: dice 12, 2 hits, limit 9
[/spoiler]

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <04-11-17/2049:47> »
<<@'Lil: Are you willing to talk about your experience with the game?>>

The PM comes just moments after her forum post.  'Lil ran a quick scrub of various accounts to see if this was someone she knew.  Her 'friends' lists weren't long on any of her social platforms, so it only took a second.

<<@Penguin: Whodisiz?>>

Showgun117

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <04-11-17/2054:43> »
I am a blogger trying to get a head up on the competition.  :D ;D ;) Where in this game space can we meet?

Penguin will run the Programs on her deck: Sneak, Armor, and Shell

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <04-11-17/2113:15> »
'Lil watches the rabbit bound away down the side street and sighs.  Enh, I can come back to this one.

<<@Penguin: I s'pose I can.  Blogger, eh?  You do anything I might have read?  done stuff for someone?>>

The gnome looks around and notices a street sign.  Well, this netrunner can come to me.

<<@Penguin: Anyhoo, I'm on Lenora, between 2d and 3d .  I'll wait for you.  Don't dawdle.>>

'Lil glanced back down the alley.  It ran the full length through the buildings to the next street over, Blanchard.  Maybe with a friend they could check out the glitch.  weirdest glitch ever.

Showgun117

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <04-11-17/2254:21> »
Penguin would move as expediently to the meeting place. She will look up Lil'.

[spoiler]
Matrix search 12 dice, 2 hits, limit 9
[/spoiler]

She would every once and a while switch to hot sim again to see if things would get more pleasant.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <04-11-17/2325:22> »
@ 'Lil  The designers had really put a lot of effort into the hot sim aspects of the game. She was even 'feeling' the heat off the concrete in places where the 'sun' was shining on it, and it was even noticeably hotter than the sunlight on her skin. Hmmm, wait, the concrete is giving off very different levels of heat here in this area. Hot, cold, hot, cold, hot, hot, hot, cold, hot, cold, cold. Code! Not enough of it to decipher what it was to, unless . . . Hmmm, meant to be played in hot sim, at least some of it. But, she'd said that she would meet Penguin, and maybe she'd seen some more of the game.

@ Penguin  Her searches had found multiple hits on the game and it's glitches. Most of the comments had been from professional alpha testers. The usual negative and positive spins depending on who was footing their bill. A few had been warning on the dangers of the game, The most virulent comments had come from religious groups, all of them quoting third party sources. A few had comments about the game being under investigation for it's content. Hmmm, did I miss a turn? Pulling up the map she found that she had, but, she could make up the time by going through an alley a few feet away.

Showgun117

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <04-11-17/2342:34> »
Penguin would head through the alley, while taking a look at the PvP policy. She reaches out and traces her persona's flipper across the brick walls. I wonder if this is what living is Seattle is really like. A single tear leaves her giant anime eye.

As soon as she sees Lil' she quickly wipes the tear away and rushes toward her. Hayiiii, my name is Penguin, how are you!!! Her eye changing temporarily into stars.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <04-12-17/0011:03> »
'Lil steps over the various heat points.  These would totally be missed by someone in cold-sim.  Hell, even in hot-sim you could miss it.  Of course, as a Technomancer she was always in hot-sim if she was in VR.  A blessing and a curse.  She stood over one of the hot points and attempted to analyze it.

<<Hayiiii, my name is Penguin, how are you!!!>>

'Lil looked up and saw the cute penguin avatar rushing down the alley with the tarpit glitches.

<<@Penguin: Whoa, careful!  Watch your step!  The tarpits are all through that alley!>>

Penguin slowed at that.  She looked around and didn't see any tarpits.  Sure there were some environmental glitches, but it was coding that had simply gone wrong.  Some of it collapsed, leaving gaps in the environment.  In other places it created oddities of sight, like stretched renderings.  Standard buggy code, really.  She looked back at 'Lil curiously, examining her.

Lil's avatar was a young woman, dressed in black leather armor.  She wore a hood over her hair and a mask covering half her face.  One eye was silver, while the other was a soft brown.  She had a quiver slung over her shoulder and a bow in her hand.  None of that meant anything, of course, except that 'Lil was good at sculpting her avatar.
« Last Edit: <04-12-17/0012:57> by Jayde Moon »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <04-12-17/1805:59> »
A message appeared in the public chat. >>Accept the quest for dragon egg race, the person or team who collects the most dragon eggs within the next ten minutes will win a unique mount that will remain with them when the game comes out of beta.<< A QuickMap popup shows that they are near the area where the quest is being played.

Showgun117

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <04-12-17/2040:03> »
Avoiding the weird glitch in front of her, Penguin heads over to Lil' and says Are those common in this game? This is uncommon for AAA games to have bugs like this, glitches should be just physics failures or something, unless their simrig team is total crap. Looking around herself and all this look fairly well done, what gives. Annnnnyyyyyho how about that interview? Wana walk with me? I was hoping to check out this dragon egg thing, I need to see all the features.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <04-12-17/2150:26> »
@ 'Lil  As 'Lil studies the pattern of hot and cold she realizes that they are in discreet, uniform rectangles. It is definitely deliberate as the pattern of hot and cold are not the result of sunshine on different surfaces. These were uniform and measurable rectangles that did not match the pattern of the surface they were inlaid into. Definitely a simple binary code, but was it a simple matching game? A word? A math problem? She'd need to see more. Ahhhh, over there on the glass of that window, another pattern, this one in lights and shadows.