NEWS

Long Kiss Goodbye (IC)

• 687 Replies

Qwikfix

« Reply #120 on: <08-06-16/1253:21> »
It took a moment for Arc to register the voice that was hovering by her shoulder, but when she did she moved quickly.  Darting her head over, she saw the peacock...a majestic looking thing, preening itself as it's presence occupies some space.  With everything else going on, she felt she should freak out at this...but with two mages in the room, a magic bird seemed like a trivial issue.  Still, the conversation went on without her, leaving her to think on the current situation.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  Marco didn't think like we did, and Blackbird is giving all the social queues of that theme too.  Frag.  Well if he's here, the help could be used, but we gotta get on the same page...or liability is the best thing we can hope for...wha?

[spoiler]Log + Will: 9d6t5 3[/spoiler]

Arc felt a wave of some odd sensation passing over her, a heady aroma that tried to make her weak at the knees.  Steeling herself, she grit her teeth and shook it out with one snap of her head.  Growling quietly, she let it go with a sigh before nodding to Jed.  "Shpells without permission, that'sh Marco alright.."  When she saw Jed linking up, she let the conversation stay there, instead going over to stand beside Yelena.

At the moment, words were hard to find to deal with this situation...and the mechanic was pretty sure the Russian wasn't looking for words right now.  So, she closed her eyes, placing her left hand, her real hand, onto Yelena's shoulder, squeezing gently in support.  It's gonna be alright...if we let it..

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #121 on: <08-06-16/1311:39> »
Yelena feels the touch of her friend and looks at her, talking softly.  "Yes, Srui.  We get through.  Never be alright again with him.  But Marco really dead now.  Dead and gone.  Now must deal with Blackbird.  Same man but different.  Still not show care for feelings of others, but different."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #122 on: <08-06-16/1432:17> »
Blackbird smiled now finally some peace and quiet, he said softly "Few things, one I feel bad from playing chess with your emotions, two I am not sorry as I would have done so again had the circumstances been the same, I believed that to be the best way at the time. " This is as close he could do apology without starting to lie, but perhaps honesty was not such a good policy anyhow.

One disturbing thought that came into his head was "I must kill Nikolai..." . Perhaps new kind of desires appear after you cross a certain line. Or perhaps Nilolai was an exception.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #123 on: <08-06-16/1459:04> »
Velenkoradi says, "Truth is like beauty. Always in the mind of it's beholder." He fades rapidly then as he stops manifesting,
« Last Edit: <08-06-16/2210:32> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #124 on: <08-06-16/2148:22> »
Yelena looks at Blackbird for a few moments then says, "Is only best way in your mind.  Yelena have no real friends for may years.  Then come Seattle.  Meet Arc, Feathers, Sam, Jedediah, others.  Friends.  Yelena thought Marco friend and more.  Friends not do what Marco do.  No matter risk.  Real friends go end of world and risk everything.  Not lie and hurt then use excuse for hurt."  She shrugs and takes a deep breath.  Now Marco dead.  Blackbird here.  Blackbird skill can help get justice.  Yelena thank for that."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #125 on: <08-06-16/2357:27> »
Blackbird sighed, he was long way from home. He thought: Truth was selfish, truth got Arc to spend a night in jail. Had they lied to Arc, she wouldn't have spent that night. That was a truth that just led to more convoluted lies, had Marco just stolen the mage without telling anyone things would have been simpler, perhaps Sam/Shilla whomever that was was not so bad. In that case, truth could get them killed - people that take lives would not spare lives to get their prize. Had they suspected that his friends 'knew' these days might have been completely different.

You cannot trust someone like Marco, like Sam - and you cannot trust someone like Yelena, or Arc for that matter. Maybe it is impossible to trust other people in that line of work, perhaps once you step into the shadows emotions become liability.... No I do not accept it - they only become a liability if you let them control your actions. Some things need to be worked from the brain, not from the heart.

He looked at Yelena with pain in his eyes, perhaps there was no point in explaining she has her version and do not see things from other perspective. She does not see how easy it is to make her disappear especially with her new habits. How many possible hooks and leverages someone can have over her. No, Marco could not trust her, he loved her but could not do that leap of faith. Perhaps that was why he did it. Blackbird felt like someone that has gotten the bill and hangover for a night of drinking that he was not invited to. He knew that him and Marco were the same person, he was not delusional. That drastic move has just changed him so quickly and so drastically that Blackbird found it difficult to identify with Marco.

He sat on the bed and tried to clean his mind before speaking to Jed, one thing he did not want to is that thoughts starts spilling out.

Qwikfix

« Reply #126 on: <08-07-16/1333:54> »
Arc lowered her gaze, keeping her contact with Yelena with her left hand as she listened to everything.  So much hurt...I've seen him feel, he cannot deny the hurt he sees.  There's something else going on, he's made that clear.  Need to focus...

Squeezing once, the human cleared her throat.  "I don't think we can resholve thish in a small room in Poland, yo.  But yeah, the help will be appreciated. Bout all we can eshtablish at thish point, tch..."

Turning her gaze, faced to the side as she muttered down into Yelena's ear.  "I'll deal with him.  Focush on those that are here, that care about yeh, Srui.  We gon' get through thish"

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #127 on: <08-07-16/2217:22> »
Blackbirds use of the focus meant that he was undeniably Marco, and Jed had spent to much time with Marco to fear his spells. Marco's reasons may have been twisted, confused and just plain wrong. But Jed trusted his soul, and his soul was the soul of a man who wanted so badly to love and be loved in return, that he couldn't willingly hurt another. Jed let Blackbirds spell take hold of him. And in a few dizzying moments he could hear him, the 'voice' was Marco's voice, but, older? jaded? bitter? tired? ill? Jed couldn't quite pinpoint the difference, or differences, just yet. He just knew he needed to listen. "Hey buddy. I'm here. I'm listening." he told him. Jed had spent to many years lost to judge another man's trip into that void.
« Last Edit: <08-08-16/0546:14> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #128 on: <08-08-16/0008:19> »
Marco did the mentally equivalent of a sigh "Was there anything you wanted to say?"
Out of all the people in their small group, Jed seems to be the only one worthy of trust. The rest? They were at the mercy of their own emotions, unworthy to hold on to a secret. Many people were like that - but many people did not depend on his trust. How can Marco trust others when he barely trusts himself ?  The rest were after all angry and offended for being out of the loop

- not for the brilliant course of action!

It was all ego and emotions. Marco should have figured that scene out, defused it, he have done that before. Something was lost though, perhaps a man that showed no compassion on himself, had very little left for others. Perhaps Marco tried to be honest, with people he respected, as much as he could. Perhaps that was a bit too honest for their delicate emotions. His compassion was something that needed to be relearned, or perhaps it was lost - lost to make room to some other key emotions, it was too early to say.

« Last Edit: <08-08-16/0012:46> by gilga »

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #129 on: <08-08-16/1219:28> »
I don't trust Nicolai.  I was afraid you were a plant by him to keep tabs on us.  I am worried that he will try to eliminate us when this is over.  I've even laid plans to get us out of here without him if we need it.  I needed to see you activate the focus to that I knew it was you.  The "kill him" comment was to see if it affected Nicolai at all.  It obviously didn't.  My focus is getting us all out of here alive.  I'm here to support Yelena, but success isn't my priority.  It is preferred, so we don't find this bitch on our tail, but getting you all out alive is what's important to me.  Also, I don't have any hard feelings for the way you handled things.  That's your business.  But Yelena is going to see things differently, because of the relationship.  As recent as New Year's ya'll were pretty hot and heavy.  I'm not saying you're wrong, just be sensitive to her right now.  Oh, I didn't tell you to cast a spell, I asked you to activate your focus.  I think that spell of all the ones you had available was a poor choice for the situation.  Let's try to put our conflicts aside though and get this job done.  I'm glad you are here.
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #130 on: <08-08-16/1517:01> »
Marco thought at Jed: Marco answered " I am certain he will, the man is a psychopath and we are not part of his family. If Yelena dies, he owes us nothing. I do not believe that people that do slavery and murder have any sense of honor toward outsiders. In fact, I am uncertain if this is really about some old feud... He needs something from Tsina, something practical.

Your kill him comment and Nikolai's volunteering to torture me has taken me off balance... I did this meetup so poorly, got tricked into an argument instead of leading the conversation - it is not like me.

What is the plan ? I have five bounded spirits with me they are not as big as the ones I can summon but all are adorable and they did not leave me even at the brink of death. If anything happens to us I should be able know - I have plenty of services so I can watch the rest for a while.

About Yelena he thinks:

"Go figure... I fall in love with a cold and calculated Russian assassin and few weeks later I get the relationship talk, where she goes on and on... So emotional, just like my clients, I thought I found a soul mate - someone that can control her emotions that I can relate to. Someone that I can be honest with. "

« Last Edit: <08-08-16/1519:41> by gilga »

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #131 on: <08-08-16/1558:31> »
Glad to know that you get the same feeling about Nicolai.  I don't have a plan yet, that is Yelena's department.  I'm hoping to trail from a  distance so that I can see what is going on better, and not be seen as part of the group if anyone else observes.  I have one bound spirit of man who can cast healing magic and move things with its mind.  I also keep another summoned spirit of man who sustains a spell on me to expand my awareness.  I seem to have trouble summoning here.  Probably just tired.  I probably need a short nap after we plan.  I've got a little headache from summoning earlier. 

As far as Yelena, you fell in love with a calculating Russian assassin, but the other side of the coin is that you got a cold assassin to fall in love with you and become vulnerable.  Maybe you aren't accustomed to real attachment due to your line of work, but what you got from Y was something special.  Expect some big reactions if she got hurt while she was vulnerable.  But that is conversations between you two later.  We need to pull the girls into this conversation.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #132 on: <08-08-16/1607:21> »
Marco mentally giggles "I never had a serious attachment in my entire life. I honestly do not know how to behave. If I did not jinx it already - there is no way Yelena or Arc are going to agree to hearing my voice int heir mind. They can barely contain my voice in their ears and I got a bloody nose to testify for it. Perhaps if you ask them...

I summoned one for each kind I can, my spirit of man can do the shape change spell - it seems to be my most versatile spell. It does not take such a great skill to perform. I'd prefer it if somehow nobody dies in this gig - though I do agree it does not look promising."

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #133 on: <08-08-16/1612:03> »
Jed looks at the girls.  We are here.  I think our chances of success are greater with M..Blackbird with us.  He brings unique talents.  Are we able to shelve personal issues until we are back in the states?  We need to plan, and we need to do it privately.  I suggest we let Marco link all our minds.  You know it doesn't let him probe your thoughts.  It's just for communication.  Can we do this?

Qwikfix

« Reply #134 on: <08-09-16/0030:00> »
Arc snapped to at the moment Jed spoke up, about to make some sort of response before she stopped herself.  Whether it was the sternness in his voice or the way the older man presented his thoughts wasn't certain, but Arc felt a bit cowed by the request to put personal feelings aside. Closing her eyes, she realized that she did indeed let feelings flow.  I didn't even think...it just happened.  With a deep breath, she squeezed the Russian's shoulder once before she centered herself, the way she always did whenever a job was present.

"Aye.  Can do that."  She offered a little smirk before adjusting her hair, taking a seat where it was available.  "Jus' bein' clear here.  I got no beef wit' thish mojo mind talk drek, 'long ash I know it'sh comin', ya feel me?"  sighing as she relaxed herself, the human let herself integrate into their mind connection network, using her experience communicating via datajack link as reference for how to express her thoughts.