Rigger 5 Errata

• 357 Replies

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« on: <12-17-15/1656:59> »
And there's already one. D'oh.

KN-Y0 Phobos, (Page 124)
The chart is shifted one notch off. It should be:
Handl 3, Speed 2G, Accel 1, Body 6(0), Arm 18, Pilot 5, Sensor 3, Avail 16F, cost 250,000

As you spot more, drop 'em in here and we'll get those fixes in ASAP.

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #1 on: <12-17-15/2021:10> »
First paragraph of Introduction; 'drek' was turned into Derek.  Unless using peoples' names as curse words is now a thing? 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <12-17-15/2028:03> »
Well, Derek *is* a jerk...

(notes the typo. Thank you!)

Orudeon

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <12-17-15/2248:02> »
BMW Luxus (Page 73) doesn't have a listed availability field or value,  but those weapon mounts don't lead me to believe it'd be unrestricted at least  ???

TeOdio

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #4 on: <12-18-15/0057:21> »
Unless I am mistaken, this misspelled Aguilar as Aguilar. No hable Espanol I suppose.

darklordmo

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <12-18-15/0146:46> »
Eyyo. Two things, both relating to the electromagnetic mods section for vehicles; first, on page 168 in the description of the pilot mod, it says it rates from 1 through 9, yet on the table on page 169 it only goes up to 6. I assume the description is wrong. Second, more of an editing issue, but on the same table on page 169 the last three columns got borked, the availability numbers got smashed into the skill column and the price got put in their place resulting in the price column to be mostly empty. Just thought you guys might want to know to edit it.

Thanks for the great amount of toys by the way. Love the book.

P.S. Is there a reason that rating 5 and 6 of drone pilot are forbidden (F) but the rating 5 and 6 of vehicle pilot are only restricted (R)? Also rating 1 and 2 drone pilot are not restricted at all, yet the same ratings for vehicle pilot are (which doesn't make much sense to me since most cars have a rating 1 or 2 pilot anyways).

« Last Edit: <12-18-15/0148:53> by darklordmo »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <12-18-15/0424:32> »
p.141 talks about making the Aeroquip Dustoff more expensive, but fails to give new prices (This also teaches me not to talk about handy tricks like that online, curse you invisible hand  ;) )
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Darzil

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <12-18-15/0605:03> »
P.S. Is there a reason that rating 5 and 6 of drone pilot are forbidden (F) but the rating 5 and 6 of vehicle pilot are only restricted (R)? Also rating 1 and 2 drone pilot are not restricted at all, yet the same ratings for vehicle pilot are (which doesn't make much sense to me since most cars have a rating 1 or 2 pilot anyways).
I can see a certain logic to making vehicle pilot changes all restricted. You are basically taking a production mass produced well tested vehicle and replacing the code that runs it, which probably hasn't been extensively tested. Whilst it isn't illegal, it isn't something they want people doing all the time.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <12-18-15/0812:11> »
p.141 talks about making the Aeroquip Dustoff more expensive, but fails to give new prices (This also teaches me not to talk about handy tricks like that online, curse you invisible hand  ;) )

It happened to come up right about when I was finishing up. You're famous. :D This mod was missed, as were the alterations to previous drones. I'll assemble a list for this and ask Jason if it was intentional (No retcons!) or if it was just missed in the copy-paste. You'll note that pre-existing drones don't have movement types listed or a Body(slots) listing, so, I'm thinking Copy Paste-o struck.

Eyyo. Two things, both relating to the electromagnetic mods section for vehicles; first, on page 168 in the description of the pilot mod, it says it rates from 1 through 9, yet on the table on page 169 it only goes up to 6. I assume the description is wrong. Second, more of an editing issue, but on the same table on page 169 the last three columns got borked, the availability numbers got smashed into the skill column and the price got put in their place resulting in the price column to be mostly empty. Just thought you guys might want to know to edit it.

Thanks for the great amount of toys by the way. Love the book.

Pilot should be 1-6, yes. A 9 would be a typo. *jots*

The columns bit I didn't see! *notes* An easy fix.

We'll have to clean up teh rule collision on pilots. IMHO, 1-2 -, 3-4 R, 5-6 F makes the most sense, but, I'm not in a position to put an official stamp on that. Will bounce it upstairs to find out for sure.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <12-18-15/0827:35> »
Copy-Paste to try and get 'em all in one location.

SlashXVI 3 points 7 hours ago*

There are several cases of tables beeing formated wrong (adding as I find them):
 •p.144: Ares KN-y1 (Phobos) misses Handling=3 and table ajustment acordinly

•p.160: protection modification table, has availability for anti-theft rating 4 not in the right column, adjust final columns acordingly.

•p.167: body modifications, same problem only with valkyrie module

•p. 169: eloctromagnetic modifications: same problem several times [Gridlink, Gridlink override, pilot enhancement, satellite link, sensor enhancements, sun cell, touch sensor]

•p.171: cosmetic modifications: same thing here [interior cameras, Vehicle tag eraser]

Additional things I noticed (will add when I find something new):
•Multiple motorcycles list gyro stabilization as a standard upgrade, still there is no describtion of what it actually does.

•Same goes for smart tires

•p.168 says that the pilot enhancement can be as high as rating 9, the corresponding table(p.169) only lists prices up to rating 6

•The Yamaha Kabuyara (p.44) might have a wrong statline. As it is right now it is as good or worse than the Suzuki Mirage (core) in every category while beeing twice as expensive and not rocking any upgrades to warrant the price difference.

•Multiple drones have their speed listed as
  • P, although P does not conform to any type of travel (which according to p.124 should be G=ground, W=water, J=jet and R=rotor). Some drones like the Mitsuhama Malakim (p.143) are clearly designated as rotor drones and still list
  • P as their speed stat, while for example the MCT Tunneler (p.140) has its speed listed as 0P but is designated a a "crawler drone".

•The Thundercloud Morgan lists "Manual Operation" as its standard equiment and even though it seems pretty clear what it does from the name, this piece of equipment is mentioned nowhere else in the book.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #10 on: <12-18-15/0856:32> »
Manual operation is in the CRB (with no discription crunch wise).
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Slamm-O!

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <12-18-15/1534:27> »
In the compiled tables section the F-B Bumblebee from Nothing Personal isn't listed. 

Mess with the best.  Die like the rest !

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <12-18-15/1609:44> »
There are no rules for the Smart Tires or Gyro Stabilization systems in the book, or any other 5e books.
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #13 on: <12-18-15/2020:11> »
There are no rules for the Smart Tires or Gyro Stabilization systems in the book, or any other 5e books.
this.
there is also no pilot skill listed with the snake drone. what does it use?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <12-18-15/2150:43> »
Can we assume that anthropomorphic drones have the equivalent of cyberlimbs with regular upgrade capacity, or do they have sort of primitive arms?
Also if I exchange the drones piloting program, does it suddenly make the arms more agile? (This may be more a question than "Info is missing errata", as I might have plain overlooked said info; In this case, notify me so I can move this to somewhere more appropriate)
Second similar question ( I should report this in the rules section): If Anthro-Drones can go where a human can, I assume they are at least partially waterproof?
Edit: For some reason I couldn't zoom the pdf right now, but I think I read "there cannot be some armor of one time along with some of the other." regarding vehicle armour upgrades.
I think that should be "type"?
Edit2: I think there's also a typo in the ejection seats description.
« Last Edit: <12-19-15/0509:13> by UnLimiTeD »
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.